New payment plans!

6 hours ago, TenPastNine said:
6 hours ago, DTLow said:

afaik  There is no price increase for the Personal/Premium level

I paid for an annual plan. When that renews it'll be nearly 25% higher

Account Billing 21st July.png

Mine never change on google play store.  I mean.. Never since 2013.

Maybe because it out of their control.

(1) There is no option to upgrade.

(When you say 'rolled out' do you mean not everyone is automatically updated to the latest version on iOS?) ... I have 1115424.

(2) "Submit a ticket."

Wish I could. In Chrome https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action  results in "You are logged out of Evernote." ... yes, ok, I'm logged out of Evernote. 

'Contact support
Easily get help by choosing one of the contact buttons underneath the search bar on the home page. "

Well I guess I should log back in, right?

I see "Help & Learning" goes to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us

Why don't I "LOG IN TO HELP & LEARNING"?

"You are logged out of Evernote."

Now what. 
I have never been able to submit a ticket. 
I posted in the forum a long time ago. No reply.

"So what are 11 years of loyalty through the bad times worth to you?"
If you are paying Evernote in part because you want to convey loyalty then I suggest discussing this thought with a trusted friend.

Sports fan? Isn't it absolutely terrible when sports teams don't give free, best in the building, tickets to their more fervent fans who have devoted decades of dedication?
Are you also mad that Evernote doesn't extend your subscription when you report a bug? ... Are you mad their not a non-profit?

So, again I hope that Ian gets to see this note.

The following is what I am currently seeing in my billing and on the site from New Zealand/. My current Premium is USD70 (well, 69.99 but who's counting?) paid in March this year, but the annual renewal shown to me from the website is now USD90, or an increase of over 28%.  This feels like piling insult on top of injury.  Or are you so focused on your corporate market, you're prepared to alienate the individual users that have kept the company going?

Just as a comparison, switching to Notion will cost me USD48 per year, and Onenote comes at no cost with my Microsoft 365 license.  

So, again to Ian, how does this apparent increase align with your positioning that we are getting a better product for the same price?  I repeat my question.  How are you showing your long term customers the value of their loyalty?  

Alan Hesketh

Notion USD4 per month

Screen_shot_2021-07-22_02-24-46_PM.thumb.png.e91a34b584e2af89c27bbab1c0784b43.png

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Randy Zeitman said:

("So what are 11 years of loyalty through the bad times worth to you?"
If you are paying Evernote in part because you want to convey loyalty then I suggest discussing this thought with a trusted friend.

Sports fan? Isn't it absolutely terrible when sports teams don't give free, best in the building, tickets to their more fervent fans who decades of dedication?
Are you also mad that Evernote doesn't extend your subscription when you report a bug? ... Are you mad their not a non-profit?

@Randy Zeitman

LOL, I have questioned that thinking (and my sanity at times) myself for quite a while!  The reality was that the feature set from Evernote was just good enough, and the pain of changing just hard enough, that I didn't change. And, I must comment, I did receive good support from the Evernote team when I had issues, which wasn't often. So enough reasons, beyond just loyalty to remain.

But over the past 10-12 months I've been using products other than Evernote for things I previously did in Evernote, and so the first condition no longer exists.  The functionality of Evernote has fallen a long way behind other products.  They need to provide reasons to stay - and I'll say it again.  Retaining a customer remains cheaper than acquiring a customer, even in this everything-as-a-service age.

Alan 

12 minutes ago, AlanH said:

Notion USD4 per month

Screen_shot_2021-07-22_02-24-46_PM.thumb.png.e91a34b584e2af89c27bbab1c0784b43.png

As a premium user I want my version as it is.  I do not want any of those added new feature at all.  Lol

I hope they add a table for premium user just between the personal and professional.  

Saying.. Premium ( legacy account) these are the loyal customers. (not available anymore) 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, berntm said:

At this time I am a premium subscriber. I have been a paying Evernote customer since 2008, Now I feel that my interest in Evernote has come to an end.
I got a promise from Evernote the cost for being a customer will not raise. But that’s a lie 

To be able to export out my stuff from Evernote I need to be a ”professional”
To use the function ”where in the world was I When I wrote this note” I need to be a ”professional”
We have been promised a better search engine. I need to be a professional
Still there are many other functions I am missing from the past, not back.

I am not amused. I am a ”grandfathered customer” and I still have my Evernote socks and my Evernote Scanner to prove that.
I have invested so much time in Evernote.
I don’t want the bloatware, I just want to use Evernote the way I have, I was satisfied with that. 
Still.. does Evernote need the old fanbase?

I feel the exact frustration! I have been a premium users and been paying for evernote since 2011

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, dbvirago said:

They're not calling it a downgrade, but that's what it is. 

Why a "downgrade"?   
I'm seeing it as a renamed Premium tier, plus some features (as others pointed out)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm seeing it as a renamed Premium tier, plus some features (as others pointed out)

and a hefty price rise despite assurances that "We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now." (my emphasis).

I am so sad that their new pricing probably took a biggest hit in my country (not worldwide) than it used to be 😣

Comparing to old EV Premium in my region this is the pricing increase on yearly plan:

* Old EV Premium -> New PERSONAL (25% increase)

* Old EV Premium -> New PROFESSIONAL (110% increase)

I am going to write an email if this was intentional or they will revise pricing as I won't be able to pay at this rate.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, pavank said:

I am so sad that their new pricing probably took a biggest hit in my country (not worldwide) than it used to be 😣

Comparing to old EV Premium in my region this is the pricing increase on yearly plan:

* Old EV Premium -> New PERSONAL (25% increase)

* Old EV Premium -> New PROFESSIONAL (110% increase)

I am going to write an email if this was intentional or they will revise pricing as I won't be able to pay at this rate.

Did you get an email a few weeks back saying that "We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now." 

26 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Did you get an email a few weeks back saying that "We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now." 

I didn't, likely because I was on free plan. My yearly subscription ended in mid-June and was waiting for new revised plans to renew but didn't expect this much of a price difference to be honest. Some percentage here and there is managable for me but not with that margin. 

• Like 1

This is really a bold move:

Premium 44€ per year

Personal (new) 6,99 per month = 83,88 per year

Give or take a 100% increase to keep tasks ... bold, very bold. I'm really thinking on how to move 5k plus notes to an alternative

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ThomH said:

Premium 44€ per year

Give or take a 100% increase ... bold, very bold. I'm really thinking on how to move 5k plus notes to an alternative

Are you absolutely sure there is no reduction for an annual contract in your country? Screenshots from https://evernote.com/compare-plans in the UK: 

image.thumb.png.23a9a831b619fbd302a6af67b6e95e09.png

image.thumb.png.918e32bc66ac6d6307a75c8bcd9340bb.png

1 hour ago, ThomH said:

Premium 44€ per year

Give or take a 100% increase to keep tasks ... bold, very bold. I'm really thinking on how to move 5k plus notes to an alternative

Wrong: 5 euro per month if you pay yearly. This makes 60 euro per year, not 83,88

1 hour ago, cgk said:

Which is still more expensive in the UK than previously - from £44 to £54. 

Absolutely and is difficult to square with the email I received which said:

We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now.

7 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Absolutely and is difficult to square with the email I received which said:

We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now.

Which only really gives you two options:

1) Incompetence

2) Lies

Neither are a great advert for Evernote. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Krzys said:

Does anyone have this information in Billing History?

"Your Evernote Premium subscription will expire on December 27, 2021 and will not renew. After that date, your account level will be downgraded to Evernote Basic."

I have been a subscriber for three years and have not canceled my subscription. I bought Evernote on Google Play. I checked and the subscription is active on Google Play.

That is the same as us, except our subscription unfortunately runs out today, so was due to renew tomorrow automatically as it usually does but now says it will put us on Evernote Basic.  As the majority of our Evernote usage revolves around PDF searches this is no good for us...

With all the reduced functionality of Evernote 10 this really is the last straw!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dbvirago said:

There is a new top tier and we ain't it. 

That's fix-able, but I'm unwilling to pay the price increase for the top tier    
In fact, I will not be paying any future subscription fee

• Like 5

I'm thoroughly confused by the new subscription tiers.  I've been a Plus user for years, and currently pay £20 per year.  When this renews (in October in my case) it appears the lowest priced option (that isn't the limited Free tier - only 2 devices for a web based service - really?!) is 'Personal' at £55 per year - a 275% price increase with fewer useful features.  Is that right or have I missed something??  

I also saw something on the website saying that existing users will not lose any current features, though some of these (eg email direct to Evernote, custom templates, digitising business cards) are only available on the Personal/Professional tiers.  How does that work?

Does anyone know wtf is going on?  (appreciate this is a user forum but it seems you can't contact Evernote Support directly about this - only billing or technical issues)

Hoping I don't have to transfer my 7+ years of data to another platform...

Thanks

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

That's fix-able, but I'm unwilling to pay the price increase for the top tier    
In fact, I will not be paying any future subscription fee

Me either, for all the reasons you already know. I will keep the free tier, no reason to shoot myself in the foot, and worst case, it gives me another backup of archival data. I know you have Apple options. For me, it's Nimbus and/or Notion, plus Google Drive. I may look at some sort of hybrid solution.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JulieEd said:

That is the same as us, except our subscription unfortunately runs out today, so was due to renew tomorrow automatically as it usually does but now says it will put us on Evernote Basic.  As the majority of our Evernote usage revolves around PDF searches this is no good for us...

With all the reduced functionality of Evernote 10 this really is the last straw!

I don't have that in my billing history, but I do have this, which I will be implementing so I don't forget.

2021-07-22 08_20_22-Billing.jpg

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, FrankC said:

Turns out that there are two legacy Premium levels (as well as Plus).

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006213161

and I'm in the one NOT being upgraded to Personal. This is probably a consequence of my long membership of Evernote.

Will have to consider my options now.

Thanks, that clarifies things. It’s as the email said. I couldn’t really understand all the complaints about price rises when the email said current customers wouldn’t have their prices raised. 

Sincerely? It's time to say goodbye to Evernote. They took away a lot of useful features, with the speech that "we need to take a step back to get the momentum to move faster", but all the more interesting features I need haven't come back yet and we don't even know when they will be implemented, even later 1 year of implementing the most buggy version of Evernote in its history.

And now, they are launching new plans, costing exaggeratedly more expensive than ever, with fewer features and a buggy version?

Good luck to those who stay, now I'm definitely moving to Notion, which has a lot of features that don't exist in Evernote. For encrypted notes, I will migrate to some password manager like Lastpass or Roboform.

Keep suffering and paying more doesn't appears to me a intelligent choice.

MarcSant.

• Like 6

I am stuck on premium  and chatted with support. They told me they could not switch me to personal because my premium months (until 11/2021) were "paid" via Evernote points. Since they cannot change the account plan I cannot gain access to the new task view which really kills my existing work (with tasks , due dates and so on). I have to shuffle through my notes and get the due dates copied to another task manager, to be on top of my work again. It is ridiculous.

They suggested "waiting" for the renewal date and then to subscribe to personal. I think my tasks cannot wait that long! 

UPDATE 2021-07-23:

I got a follow up email today from billing support. They put some effort into manually bumping my account and now I am on personal, too. Access to tasks overview is back. Thanks to @Scott T. for bringing this up internally.

• Like 2

My invoice for 2020-2021 was $34.99 for a Plus Annual plan. Will I be able to keep this plan or is Evernote forcing me to swallow the Personal Plan that is  twice the price of my actual plan?

I am also not too happy with this new tier-structure. If they wanted to establish another tier it is probably better to do this now, before they roll out more new features that they can't really take away the lower tiers later. So the timing makes sense, even though I am not sure that the higher price is well-chosen for a "note-and-todo-app"...

But more important

I really wanted to give Evernote a new chance. I am working with the new version 10 since it came out and I had to deal with many problems in these versions. I took all that on me in order to see how things develop and improve. The fact that some of these finally arriving benefits are now going to be blocked to me as a former "premium" member doesn't sit well with my monkey-brain-part.

The way this was communicated in marketing-smoke didn't help either. Why not a "behind the scenes"-video with Ian explaining the decision to reduce premium to a tier-2-customer in a balanced way? These emails may have been (or maybe not) a good way to communicate this to other people, but they weren't to me.

I'll continue to monitor Evernotes development and if the "personal"-level feels great by the time my subscription is up I may stay, but at the moment I am not happy with the way all this is handled.

(The same is true for stuff like all the reports of people who have problems because they paid in different currencies or were not offered the local rate or situations like the user Alxa explained a few posts earlier. I do care how a company that I pay deals with problems and other customers... He can't access the feature for months because he paid in Evernote points?! And there is no way or you are not willing to bump up his account for these few months so he can keep his work up? And how did he get these points in the first place?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aside from pricing disappointment in my region, EV has added Linux own version which is in Beta so future is bright. Hopefully, it will include those exclusive OS-dependant features which are not available anywhere besides Windows/Mac software, not even in web or mobile app version. Really excited about this! 

• Like 1

I'm on Plus plan and have been using the Legacy app. For the first time I installed the new Evernote 10, thinking to check it out and possibly upgrade to the new Personal plan.

OMG!!!!!! The new app is soooo bad, that I have no words to describe it! Selecting 5 lines of text and right mouse click takes 5 seconds on my fairly fast laptop! I have never in 20 years seen a Windows app so unresponsive! Everything is so slow and clunky! That must be some record setting, incredibly bad programming. How did they actually achieve that the app is so unresponsive? I seriously thought that after almost a year, and especially now that they introduced the new plans (and pricing) that they ironed out the kinks and made the app quite functional.

And what happened to code block? It's gone! I can't select 5 lines and mark them as code. Entire app has much, much less features than the old Legacy app.

After 5 hours most of the notes haven't been synced. Notes actually sync only if I open them. What if I am offline?? It looks like this new app is not an offline app at all. Then why not just use Evernote in a browser? 

After some more testing I uninstalled the new app literally while laughing in disbelief and am now looking for a replacement notes app. Almost 1 year of Plus subscription left will just have to be wasted...

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, splus said:

I'm on Plus plan and have been using the Legacy app. For the first time I installed the new Evernote 10, thinking to check it out and possibly upgrade to the new Personal plan.

I had a similar reaction as you when I first tried v10... except not quite so extreme.

Here were my thoughts back in November or so when I tried out v10:

• Syncing is poor. You have no control and it's just not as good.
    • (7/21/21 update -- you haven't had any issues in the last several months)
  • Custom html went away.
  • Cmd-J went away.
    • (7/21/21 update -- it came back a couple of months ago)
  • It's slow to navigate between tags and notebooks and searching.
    • (7/21/21 update -- still a little slow, but better than it used to be)
  • You can't change the update time of the note any longer.
There are, of course, more things that I was used to that were gone -- like multiple tabs for Mac.

34 minutes ago, splus said:

Selecting 5 lines of text and right mouse click takes 5 seconds

Are you serious that it actually takes 5 seconds -- or is there a bit of hyperbole there?

When I filter notes by tag, it takes once second to load the list and then another second to load the first note. So two seconds. But it seems like 10 seconds when compared to Legacy, which is instantaneous.

On my machine, selecting 5 lines and right clicking is instantaneous. So know that your experience is not the same as all other users.

37 minutes ago, splus said:

And what happened to code block? It's gone!

Code block is still there. You can insert it from the "Insert" button, or you can type three back ticks ``` and then hit space or enter and it will appear.

• Like 1

Man folks love to winge! Getting up to date in this thread was like wading through a sea of moans - most of which were absolutely absurd. A feature we have never had being put in the pro tier means personal has lost features, come on, I get being frustrated n stuff but take some time away to chill if that’s the level, it might help wonders. Writing things like that here won’t bring calm cause folks are gonna challenge it. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, tm87 said:

I do care how a company that I pay deals with problems and other customers... He can't access the feature for months because he paid in Evernote points?! And there is no way or you are not willing to bump up his account for these few months so he can keep his work up? And how did he get these points in the first place?)

Thank you for this line. I feel exactly the same way and it heavily contributed to my decision to move on from EN last year.
I've been reading forum posts here periodically since all the v.10 problems started and have rarely come across someone saying outright that they value this.
So this means a lot to me.

I wouldn't say I'm surprised to see die-hard EN loyals act the way they do. Still, I used to feel disheartened, and now am often just numb witnessing how dismissive some users can be to other frustrated users who are in distress about their once-fav app not working properly, complaints/missing feature requests that have gone cold etc. Many here seem to have an 'as long as it's working for me...' and 'if you don't like it, shut up and just leave' attitude.

Anyway, not trying to start a discussion on ethics here. Just wanted to point out I appreciate that another fella user care about these things.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

I had a similar reaction as you when I first tried v10... except not quite so extreme.

Mine is super slow too.  I have tens of thousands of notes so maybe that is why.  But it's getting unruly. 

16 minutes ago, h3artbe_at said:

Thank you for this line. I feel exactly the same way and it heavily contributed to my decision to move on from EN last year.
I've been reading forum posts here periodically since all the v.10 problems started and have rarely come across someone saying outright that they value this.
So this means a lot to me.

I wouldn't say I'm surprised to see die-hard EN loyals act the way they do. Still, I used to feel disheartened, and now am often just numb witnessing how dismissive some users can be to other frustrated users who are in distress about their once-fav app not working properly, complaints/missing feature requests that have gone cold etc. Many here seem to have an 'as long as it's working for me...' and 'if you don't like it, shut up and just leave' attitude.

Anyway, not trying to start a discussion on ethics here. Just wanted to point out I appreciate that another fella user care about these things.

Yes, I agree.  If people don't agree why do they need to say anything?  We're just giving complaints so EN can see them, so what's the harm to the people who don't care about these things?  I suspect the people who are discounting the complaints either haven't used EN for long and don't have tens of thousands of notes to try to sort through, and maybe have companies or professional careers to pay for their professional plans. 

I am fine with charging people more for advanced features, but I don't have a team and to-do's, and I don't care about 99% of evernote features.  I just want a place to store notes and be able to find them.  So to me there is no higher priority than trying to make it easy for us to find our info.  Regardless how much you pay.  Make everything else a higher tier but not search.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, h3artbe_at said:

I think that might be because there have been a lot of issues with the v10 rollout -- both in communication and execution. So naturally, people are going to complain. For those where it's working great, they probably don't even know about these forums. (I don't think I really knew these forums until the v10 rollout when I started looking for answers!)

I had some issues with v10 at first, but now, I really do like it so much more than the old legacy and have zero issues. (I have the legacy version of Evernote on both my Mac and Windows machines, but I haven't used them in months.) I still have feature requests and wish v10 was a little snappier, but I'm ok with how it is (and hope it continues to improve)

That isn't to say that I don't believe other people are having problems with it. Not at all! And I hope Evernote fixes those issues. I think it's important for people to complain and make issues known, but I've also been called a shill for just stating that v10 works great for me as if some people that are having issues can't believe that someone else is not having issues. Some of those people can be pretty hostile too.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

I had some issues with v10 at first, but now, I really do like it so much more than the old legacy and have zero issues. (I have the legacy version of Evernote on both my Mac and Windows machines, but I haven't used them in months.) I still have feature requests and wish v10 was a little snappier, but I'm ok with how it is (and hope it continues to improve)

That isn't to say that I don't believe other people are having problems with it. Not at all! And I hope Evernote fixes those issues. I think it's important for people to complain and make issues known, but I've also been called a shill for just stating that v10 works great for me as if some people that are having issues can't believe that someone else is not having issues. Some of those people can be pretty hostile too.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I never had any issues with users who are content with the current EN version. That's of course possible as we all use EN differently and have different system configurations. Like you said, I'm sure these users aren't even paying attention to any of the long forum complaint posts that had gone cold, or online EN reviews. Exactly because I used to be such a user myself. Blissfully unaware. Quite ironic that I’ve only started getting active in the forums on my way out.

So no, I wasn’t singling users like yourself out at all. In fact, good for you. I wouldn't wish on anyone my whole ulcer-inducing process of coming to terms with having to migrate, the wasted time testing alternatives but never quite finding one that fits, and almost a year later, still stuck in ‘transit’ mode, juggling between 3 different apps, waiting for just one to catch up so I can make good on my word and finally put this bout behind me.

It was just refreshing for me to read another member stating it’s important that the company he chooses to support treats other customers right, so I wanted to give a shout out. Often times while reading forum replies here and on reddit, I wondered aloud to myself why some folks don’t seem to realise if negative posts don’t seem to die down, it is less to do with there being 'a small irrelevant group of entitled whiners and drama queens’, as was often the excuse given, but more telling of the way a company handles problems and its user base. And of course there's always this 'If they can do it to them today, they can do it to you too someday' red flag.

I've also been called a shill for just stating that v10 works great for me as if some people that are having issues can't believe that someone else is not having issues. Some of those people can be pretty hostile too.

I'm definitely aware of these hostile ones too and I'm sorry they've taken their anger out at you. I usually give them a pass though, as I figured their rage was a result of feeling abandoned or ignored by a company they had been passionate about and supported for a long time. I tend to put the blame on EN rather than the users themselves for their poor (and misdirected) conduct towards you, if you ask me 😜

• Like 3
  • Level 5

About v10, it is very simple for me: I have installed both on my Mac, legacy and v10. Initially I only tested the waters with v10, worked mostly in legacy.

This shifted more and more to v10, simply because I like what I get. The last boost came with import folders.

Now I use at least 80% of the time v10. There are days when I don’t start the legacy client any more, because I don’t need it. There are some functions left where legacy is simply better to do the job, but the list is getting shorter.

That is my experience, and it clearly speaks for the positive development v10 has taken.

• Like 5
  • Level 5

On the Mac it is in the Evernote menu, settings, import folders …

You select a source folder, select a target notebook, and you’re good to go. You can link several folders with several notebooks, if you want to send content to more than one notebook. The file title will become the title of the new note.

• Level 5

I don’t understand the „Notion“ war cry. It is a sound competitor in the field (at least it looks like it), but has a different approach to EN. There may be some overlap of use cases, but in general each one targets a different user group.

In fact who was on full Premium before the new plans were introduced made sort of a cut - the plan was significantly improved to what is now called Personal, for the same price. Who has criticism about it IMHO did not do his homework, or believes in a free lunch.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, PinkElephant said:

EN has said they will continue the Plus plan as they did up to now - features of back then, price as back then.

Are they canceling our ability to keep offline notes on the mobile app or not?   That was the very feature that I became a subscriber for.   This is a huge change removing the much needed ability to access our most critical information when a data signal is not available.  A huge deal-killer.  

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, SWSL said:

Are they canceling our ability to keep offline notes on the mobile app or not?

@Shane D.  Shane, can you comment on offline notebooks for Plus accounts

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

I don’t understand the „Notion“ war cry. It is a sound competitor in the field (at least it looks like it), but has a different approach to EN. There may be some overlap of use cases, but in general each one targets a different user group.

In fact who was on full Premium before the new plans were introduced made sort of a cut - the plan was significantly improved to what is now called Personal, for the same price. Who has criticism about it IMHO did not do his homework, or believes in a free lunch.

Yes, we have additional features in Tasks and integration with one external calendar.  These are good improvements, and it is good to see the development team are listening to their customers.  Are there other features that I haven't come across yet?  After 10 year of waiting, I've found other alternatives.   Too little, too late?

And I agree that Notion has a different approach.  They have aggressively developed and launched a product with a wide range of capabilities while EN has only recently discovered that this continuous development  is now an essential part of the game. 

A pity the people deciding on the pricing, are not listening as carefully as the development team.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

And to make it clearer, I thought it would be worth embedding this image here (https://evernote.com/compare-plans) as this is where I am getting my information from.  The new features are personal are pretty much as I commented above.  Link one external calendar, basic tasks functionality, Home.  So some new functionality, but the one I have always wanted, boolean searching, is only available in Professional.  In Personal, we only have the limited Search functionality.  I have to regularly use a multi-step process to tag various notes to simulate boolean logic before I find what I am looking for.  

Beyond this search, the "Professional" features are not particularly relevant for me.  I don't hit the limits of uploads, Home is of limited value, and I rarely export Notes from Evernote.  I can't see the other integrations to assess if they are of any value.  

So I will live with my existing subscription until March next year when my current subscription expires.  I will be interested to see what EN does - I expect that all the new features will go into the Professional and Teams versions, and the "Personal" accounts to "Keep home and family on track" will not get access to substantial new functionality.  There is no incentive here for me to look for ways to integrate Evernote into my workflow more to justify the additional cost.

Screen_shot_2021-07-24_02-26-56_PM.thumb.png.cbba4c2f34853f3f83886aa573547096.png

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SWSL said:

Are they canceling our ability to keep offline notes on the mobile app or not?   That was the very feature that I became a subscriber for.   This is a huge change removing the much needed ability to access our most critical information when a data signal is not available.  A huge deal-killer.  

No, I have the latest android release and so far it is still possible to keep offline notes. This was the major reason that I subscribed to a Plus plan after all. I'm confident that EN keeps it's promises.

• Like 1

I've been paying for EN for 10+ years, and this has been a kick in the teeth. I hung onto Evernote because I believed in the direction it was going in. I was excited about the new features and wanted to see the great new product it was to become. Alas it seems my loyalty hasn't been of any value. I would have liked to have seen all premium and plus users put onto the professional plan for 12 months and then after that perhaps placed back to their original plan with the option to upgrade, or something like that. I would have thought our loyalty was worth rewarding to some degree.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Let us think it through. If you place people on a plan for free, and withdraw that a year later, you create this situation:

Users start to apply the plans features, build workflows around it, accommodate to the possibilities etc.

When you withdraw after 12 month, these users will feel ransomed to keep up the more expensive plan.

This will happen even when you tell from the beginning it is sort of a 1 year trial. The outcry will be „we are locked in“, not „thank you for 1 year of free usage“.

No, I don’t think this is a good  idea …

By the way, I really don’t understand why you get emotional. Your current subscription just got beefed up free of charge. You get more value for the same money, just by having „Personal“.

Do you really think you should get everything in life, just because it exists ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Let us think it through. If you place people on a plan for free, and withdraw that a year later, you create this situation:

Users start to apply the plans features, build workflows around it, accommodate to the possibilities etc.

When you withdraw after 12 month, these users will feel ransomed to keep up the more expensive plan.

This will happen even when you tell from the beginning it is sort of a 1 year trial. The outcry will be „we are locked in“, not „thank you for 1 year of free usage“.

No, I don’t think this is a good  idea …

By the way, I really don’t understand why you get emotional. Your current subscription just got beefed up free of charge. You get more value for the same money, just by having „Personal“.

Do you really think you should get everything in life, just because it exists ?

I agree with you on this.  An upgrade to another level needs to be a permanent step - it is not something that a company should or could easily withdraw.  

Where we do differ, is in our perception of the value that has been added to the product at the Personal level, and the functionality that we are not getting through Evernote's decision to create the Professional level.  This is the issue as I see it. 

In addition, it sets the precedent that the additional functionality will only fully be available at the Professional and Teams level.  Previously, the Premium got all the new functionality, such as it was. 

So, comparing the new 4 tier (free, personal, professional, teams) licensing with the old 4 tier (free, plus,  premium, teams), as Premium users we have:
- had some token new functionality,
- missed out on new functionality now, and
- will miss out on the future functionality that will be added to professional and teams.

Every time functionality gets added to Professional, it will remind those long-term Premium users that Evernote sees us as less important customers. 

So, no.  I don't think I should get everything in life.  But Evernote needs to recognise who kept the company alive so that it has the opportunity to do what it is now doing.  Instead, as @orion_mitchell put it, it has chosen to take an action that feels like a kick in the teeth, now and every time it delivers future functionality.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, AlanH said:

An upgrade to another level needs to be a permanent step - it is not something that a company should or could easily withdraw. 

Unfortunately, this happens regularly with subscription/service providers where they enforce changes in terms and plans.  Typically you are given notice and you can either accept or you can terminate. 

Here in the UK an example NOWtv a subscription streaming service - they have altered their plans and regressed features whilst introducing adverts which were not part of the service beforehand - AND - increased the monthly price.  So, for 10% extra each month you get adverts you didn't want and where you could watch on 2 devices at the same time you can now only watch on one.  A bolt on which previously increased resolution from 720p to 1080p has increased in price by about 70% and now includes the resolution element plus the ability to stream from either 2 or 3 devices at the same time and also remove the adverts.

Google are also prone to feature change on their business plans and are not afraid to force price increases regularly, neither are Microsoft for their services....

I think Evernote fare well in that company

@PinkElephant The temporary upgrade could be an option, let people know that it will return afterwards so they can make that choice about building a workflow around it, could make it a shorter time, whatever. In any case, I would have appreciated some kind reward for being a loyal customer for so many years. That just seems like that good customer management.

What I dont get is their decision on putting boolean search features only for professional.  

Personal are for people who uses evernote as their note taking app. 

Professional are for people who use it for business and or work related and collaboration.    

So im ok with calendar only available for professional plan.  But boolean search?  Come on...  Wtf. 

How about switch task and boolean search feature..  Task is more work related so it should only be on professional.    Let boolean search be part of personal plan. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, keruchan said:

Personal are for people who uses evernote as their note taking app. 

Professional are for people who use it for business and or work related and collaboration. 

I see the Teams/Business tier as "for people who use it for business and or work related and collaboration"   
and the Professional tier for people who want extended features like Boolean search attributes and ...
For full plan comparison, see Compare-Evernote-subscription-plans

• Level 5

Teams makes only sense when a group of people permanently (!) collaborate. There needs to be an admin, there is access control on the notebook level by Spaces etc. Below at least 3 people in an organization it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Professional is what I see for a freelancer, project manager or consultant who needs to temporarily (!) organize the work of a group.

Personal is that, for personal use as the former Plus and Premium plans. You can collaborate as well, but only by sharing notes.

For me it is enough - I really don’t want to imagine if I went Professional, and would assign the first task to my wife … 😱

• Like 1
2 hours ago, orion_mitchell said:

In any case, I would have appreciated some kind reward for being a loyal customer for so many years.

I amused by everyone saying something very similar to this. And at the same time EN has “rewarded” long time customers by allowing them to keep the old rate plans….that new customers cannot even sign up for.

Really the only thing that current premium/personal customers do not get is Boolean search. And as pointed out earlier in the thread by a couple folks you can accomplish almost the same thing using current search. 

back to my 🍿 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Teams makes only sense when a group of people permanently (!) collaborate. There needs to be an admin, there is access control on the notebook level by Spaces etc. Below at least 3 people in an organization it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Professional is what I see for a freelancer, project manager or consultant who needs to temporarily (!) organize the work of a group.

Personal is that, for personal use as the former Plus and Premium plans. You can collaborate as well, but only by sharing notes.

For me it is enough - I really don’t want to imagine if I went Professional, and would assign the first task to my wife … 😱

Exactly.  Personal is what evernote was created to do.  MAKE NOTES!  I don't care about anything else except finding those notes.  All the other stuff is WORKFLOW and I have no interest in a workflow product.  And if I did I'm not sure I'd want them combined anyway.  If I had work I was doing in EN I think I'd want my own personal account anyway for my own personal notes that aren't attached to the company.

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, qofmiwok said:

If I had work I was doing in EN I think I'd want my own personal account anyway for my own personal notes that aren't attached to the company.

I'd  prefer a Professional account

https://evernote.com/teams

PLUS: With an annual plan, every user on your team gets a complimentary Evernote Personal account to keep home & family notes separate from company information

• Level 5

@qofmiwok Can we make a deal ?

You inform yourself about the stuff you want to post about, and start writing then. And we have your good ideas to discuss and enjoy, instead of the need to correct wrong facts.

Because believe us or not, we draw no joy from correcting fellow users, but if we don’t, the forum fills with wrong statements, and others join the skirmish based on rumors.

It is more fun for everybody, believe me. Thanks !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, buckethead said:

I amused by everyone saying something very similar to this. And at the same time EN has “rewarded” long time customers by allowing them to keep the old rate plans….that new customers cannot even sign up for.

Really the only thing that current premium/personal customers do not get is Boolean search. And as pointed out earlier in the thread by a couple folks you can accomplish almost the same thing using current search. 

back to my 🍿 

I think the outcry is not the features. It more like "we were the top tier for all those difficult years for Evernote, stuck with you and gave you the breathing room to regroup, reorganize and flourish again. And now, as a reward, we are being demoted to a lower tier, where  the new improvements and features will not be coming to"

People that have loyalty to a company and product, don't look only for features and price. They want to feel values and respected.

Although it's not accurate, it feels like a proverbial stub in the back.

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Reuven said:

we were the top tier for all those difficult years for Evernote

I was never at the Teams/Business tier; just the Premium tier   
I'm disappointed at not being grandfather'd to the Professional tier, but won't be  upgrading

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Honestly, people need to grow up.

You paid for a service for years and got value from it. Otherwise I'm assuming as relatively intelligent people you'd have found a service that better suited you or a better price.

Paying for a service for years and getting value for it doesn't entitle you to anything and why should it? Did your feelings get hurt because the name of your service isn't the biggest boy's name?

Evernote is a business, it exists to make money money for it's owners. The owners have put in place management who they think will maximise this return. The management will pick and choose the features that get added to each tier to maximise their revenue. They might get it right, they might get it wrong, they'll probably do a bit of both.

What I'm sure they won't do is make changes because people don't think it's fair.....

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Reuven said:

"we were the top tier for all those difficult years for Evernote, stuck with you and gave you the breathing room to regroup, reorganize and flourish again. And now, as a reward, we are being demoted to a lower tier, where  the new improvements and features will not be coming to"

People that have loyalty to a company and product, don't look only for features and price. They want to feel values and respected.

I think that is well-stated about the perception. Well - you're still above this Plus only *****. 😃 

Now that I think about it, and because of:

4 hours ago, buckethead said:

at the same time EN has “rewarded” long time customers by allowing them to keep the old rate plans

I am glad I can keep paying the annual $37.44 USD and keep my same Plus features (plus a few new features). It has just about everything I need and I'm not ready yet to pay almost double for Personal. (I secretly hoped I could somehow be snuck in and grandfathered up because EN didn't want to manage the hassle of existing Plus users - but alas, such is not the case.)

---

Edit: The ****** wasn't really vulgar i didn't think - but googling it now -- it's considered an obscene term in Yiddish. Who knew. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Boot17
clarify a word
2 hours ago, Reuven said:

I think the outcry is not the features. It more like "we were the top tier for all those difficult years for Evernote, stuck with you and gave you the breathing room to regroup, reorganize and flourish again. And now, as a reward, we are being demoted to a lower tier, where  the new improvements and features will not be coming to"

Exactly! And very bad communication: that strange mail telling about an upgrade, but getting a downgrade instead. Although the personal plan covers my needs (maybe even the free plan would do - should i downgrade to that?) i feel kind of "cheated". Evernote is a great tool, but unfortunately the company seems not to be trusted.

Main problem at the moment is though that the mobile app (android) is extremely slow. Almost unusable when catching eg photo/scan-notes. I hope this will be fixed in a coming update.

25 minutes ago, Metrodon said:

You paid for a service for years and got value from it. Otherwise I'm assuming as relatively intelligent people you'd have found a service that better suited you or a better price.

Paying for a service for years and getting value for it doesn't entitle you to anything and why should it? Did your feelings get hurt because the name of your service isn't the biggest boy's name?

Evernote is a business, it exists to make money money for it's owners. The owners have put in place management who they think will maximise this return. The management will pick and choose the features that get added to each tier to maximise their revenue. They might get it right, they might get it wrong, they'll probably do a bit of both.

What I'm sure they won't do is make changes because people don't think it's fair.....

The points you make are valid to a point.  A couple of questions for you.

Why do so many businesses offer rewards for loyalty to long term customers?  Is that a waste of money that would be better returned to the owners?

Analysts use future Annual Recurring Revenue to asses the value of a business, so why is Evernote alienating a significant group of long-term customers by removing their rights to future up-grades?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, AlanH said:

removing their rights to future up-grades?

I'm not seeing this, except for the Legacy product   
I fully expect to receive future upgrades for the v10 product for all account tiers   
Of course each account tier has a defined set of features; details here Compare-Evernote-subscription-plans

28 minutes ago, Metrodon said:

... Evernote is a business, it exists to make money money for it's owners. The owners have put in place management who they think will maximise this return. The management will pick and choose the features that get added to each tier to maximise their revenue. They might get it right, they might get it wrong, they'll probably do a bit of both.

To follow this mindset, i (the customer) of course want to get as much value for my money as possible.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AlanH said:

The points you make are valid to a point.  A couple of questions for you.

Why do so many businesses offer rewards for loyalty to long term customers?  Is that a waste of money that would be better returned to the owners?

Analysts use future Annual Recurring Revenue to asses the value of a business, so why is Evernote alienating a significant group of long-term customers by removing their rights to future up-grades?

Well, many don't - certainly for utilities, mobile phone contracts, insurance you get a better deal if you move around. In fact, lots of services (and Evernote is a service) will discount their price to attract new customers, partly because they know that once in people don't move often and partly because analysts also look at new customer acquisition numbers.

Your second point has no validity, how do you know that there will be no rights for future upgrades? You can upgrade your plan now and get everything that's available or you can choose not to and stick with what you have or go somewhere else..

We don't have access to Evernote's metrics, but it seems to me they've stuck to their guns throughout the v10 roll out and they'll do the same for the new pricing. So, they've probably got some attrition built in, but also some growth and we know that the core reason for v10 is to reduce cost. Maybe they don't need as many paying customers to be a healthy company? Who knows?

Again though, if you've paid for something for years and had value for it, then i don't see why that makes you feel entitled to something special.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, janndk said:

To follow this mindset, i (the customer) of course want to get as much value for my money as possible.

Sure, so pick the plan that gets you the best value for the investment you are willing to make.

This doesn't mean that Evernote should subsidise your desires.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Metrodon said:

Well, many don't - certainly for utilities, mobile phone contracts, insurance you get a better deal if you move around. In fact, lots of services (and Evernote is a service) will discount their price to attract new customers, partly because they know that once in people don't move often and partly because analysts also look at new customer acquisition numbers.

Your second point has no validity, how do you know that there will be no rights for future upgrades? You can upgrade your plan now and get everything that's available or you can choose not to and stick with what you have or go somewhere else..

We don't have access to Evernote's metrics, but it seems to me they've stuck to their guns throughout the v10 roll out and they'll do the same for the new pricing. So, they've probably got some attrition built in, but also some growth and we know that the core reason for v10 is to reduce cost. Maybe they don't need as many paying customers to be a healthy company? Who knows?

Again though, if you've paid for something for years and had value for it, then i don't see why that makes you feel entitled to something special.

I love the examples you use - the industries that consistently have extremely poor customer satisfaction ratings.  I can only hope that Evernote is not wanting to emulate those companies approach to their customers!  You have clearly worked with and supported EN (Congrats on the Level 5, that takes a lot of effort), so is this something you think they should aspire to?

My second point?  I have been a Premium customer and received all updates from Evernote prior to this point.  I am no longer going to receive these, as has already been demonstrated by Evernote only releasing the majority of the increased functionality as the new Professional service.   I am not looking for anything special.  Just what I had before - access to all the new features that Evernote releases within my existing subscription.  Is that really that unreasonable?

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, AlanH said:

I have been a Premium customer and received all updates from Evernote prior to this point.

Premium accounts did not receive updates to features that were restricted to the Business tier

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Premium accounts did not receive updates to features that were restricted to the Business tier

Yes, you are quite correct. 

What were those updates?  Weren't they related to the administration of the multi-user environment and sharing of notes within an organisation?  What other functionality did I, a relatively sophisticated user working on my own, miss out on?  

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, AlanH said:

What other functionality did I, a relatively sophisticated user working on my own, miss out on?  

One feature I'm  interested in is Spaces

• Level 5

Sorry, but 2 words were missing: Premium accounts did not receive AND NEED updates to features that were restricted to the Business tier.

Spaces IMHO only make sense if more than 2 persons are in an account, because they are used to control access to groups of notebooks for groups of users. Because there is always an admin on a Business (Team) Account, there is only a group of other users when there are at least 3 account members.

I may be wrong - anybody can describe a use case where spaces would make sense in an 1-person-account.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

anybody can describe a use case where spaces would make sense in an 1-person-account

Spaces are a replacement for Stacks, and can include both Notebooks and Notes    
Notes can be pinned
Spaces can be shared with other users

>>Premium accounts did not receive AND NEED updates to features that were restricted to the Business tier

Personal accounts will not receive OR NEED updates to features restricted to the Professional/Teams tiers

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Spaces are a replacement for Stacks, and can include both Notebooks and Notes    
Notes can be pinned
Spaces can be shared with other users

>>Premium accounts did not receive AND NEED updates to features that were restricted to the Business tier

Personal accounts will not receive OR NEED updates to features restricted to the Professional/Teams tiers

I agree with @PinkElephant, Spaces only makes sense where the notebook or books are used by multiple users.  As I am not in that situation, that functionality is of no use to me.  Whereas the functionality in Professional would be.  I manage three different diaries - each from an organisation for which I do work and Professional will let me integrate those (or will in the near future when it Outlook/365 gets added!).  I do want to do searches that include both OR and AND conditions and have asked about boolean support for literally years.  So I perceive I can use the new Professional features.  There are none in Teams that I need in the same way. 

And I'm interested, @DTLow, why you have combined Professional/Teams together.  Aren't they targeted at different customers?

You also had me worried, as you comment that Spaces are a replacement for Stacks - so I was worried that EN had deprecated Stacks.  I was very relieved to find this wasn't the case.  I can still use Stacks!

Now if they would just bring back the Apple Watch app that I have been missing.  Although I wonder if this will only be available to "Professional" users.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, AlanH said:

why you have combined Professional/Teams together

Only because they both are account tiers with features not supported in the Personal tier

10 hours ago, Metrodon said:

Taking this kind of hard line approach then means all the marketing that Evernote has been putting out over the last two years, about building a future together, recognising that their loyal customers have been trusting them to improve and so on, has only been a marketing gimmick to keep people paying while they rebuild. If that's the case, then sure, I've been played and you're a much tougher ***** than me.

But I kind of don't completely buy it, Evernote does seem to be a company that listenes to its customers, wants to create a company that's useful for decades into the futures, and I would like to believe, cares about the loyalty of its customers. But the new pricing structure/lack of reward doesn't show that at all.

Edited by orion_mitchell
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, orion_mitchell said:

Taking this kind of hard line approach

Which "hard line" approach?

Evernote has always had account tiers with feature/limit restrictions; this doesn't bother me
Bottom tier is Free/Basic    
mid tiers are Plus*, Premium*, Personal**, Professional**
Top tier is Teams/Business    
*Legacy tiers, not available to new accounts      **New tiers

New is the 2 product lines: this bothers me 
Legacy; no feature upgrades   
Version 10; a public work-in-progress

The bottom line here base from what is happening is that they.. ***** up on making things clear to its customers. 

Evernote dev and executive after seeing other note takings app wanted to catch up with them but forgot the fact where evernote are best had stand their ground for years.  Which is "taking notes in a quick and easy as fast at it can*

By trying to empress their software Become sluggish and slow. 

As a designer myself.. I would probably separate personal, professional from business/team by changing the color of the logo. 

Just to make things clear.. Green for individuals.. And blue for team. 

Bring back the quick and easy way of note taking to personal and professional.. We dont need new feature that much. 

And let the team and business plan suffer the sluggish and slow version of evernote. 

------

Don't drag us lower tier to the incompetency of their ambition impressing the higher tier customers. 

• Level 5

As it seems most users got the message. More for the same, even more for some more.

Some like it better than others. For some it was not clear they are on a not upgradable Premium plan (although the rebates were fine, why not). Some can’t accept the neighbors just got a larger car, they want everything for free.

The basic setup seems to have been communicated well, if you look at the reactions. 

hot thread !

All these note taking apps are a bunch of APIs and UI over cloud compute and storage .

1. Cost of compute and storage in cloud has decreased drastically over last 10 years. So operationally, there have been huge savings for all these SaaS companies. Couldn't find the latest timeseries data but here is something to analyze.

2. By introducing a new tier called 'Professional', Evernote has really taken the top tier users for a ride who have been paying for last 5-7 years without introduction of new features. 

I feel lucky that I moved on to Notion 2 years ago- so many features and so many integrations. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, yugal_k said:

without introduction of new features

If there's no "new features" does it matter which tier I purchase   
My impression is there's new features in the Professional tier that users want access to   
I also see new features in the Personal tier

30 minutes ago, DTLow said:

If there's no "new features" does it matter which tier I purchase   
My impression is there's new features in the Professional tier that users want access to

There are hardly any new features in the previous Premium Plan - ability to add tasks ? sigh !

Take any SaaS software , as an example. They  have the following tiers.

1. Free  - Individual Users

2. Personal - Individual Users

3. Teams - Business

4. Enterprise - Business

Evernote is unique, it has 4 tiers for individual users - Free, Legacy Plus, Personal and Professional. 

But this was not the moot point of my previous post. You happened to conveniently ignore the pricing !

Good Luck to all the users who will subscribe to Professional - Please do ! I am sure you would do as you have been advocating for Evernote for so long and have been urging others to keep patience, now we have been rewarded for the patience. 

Edited by yugal_k
updated my post
  • Level 5*
28 minutes ago, yugal_k said:

Evernote is unique, it has 3 tiers for individual users - Legacy Plus, Personal and Professional. 

Five tiers; Free, *Plus, *Premium, Personal, Professional   
*Plus and *Premium are legacy and not available for new accounts

>>users who will subscribe to Professional - Please do ! I am sure you would do as you have been advocating for Evernote

I'll pass   
The features aren't that important to me, and are not available in the Evernote Legacy product

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

@yugal_k Pretty senseless starting point: EN is not charging for the storage space applied. If this would be the cost driver I am sure they would make this the key factor.

EN charges for the usage. First the levels depend on the features (= use cases) available to users, and secondly each level enjoys a different limit for the monthly upload (= traffic, intensity of use).

The bare cost of cloud storage are only a part of that view. Others are administration, development and customer support, all of which base factor cost went up.

This is the (probable) inside view. From the outside there are stable prices, while gaining features (less so before v10, but currently it is obvious). This is IMHO good for us users. I prefer better service for a stable price over rebating while failing. 

The new Professional plan is tailored to serve freelancers, project managers, consultants and the like - a user group that was not appreciated in the old setup: Too Professional for Premium, too small for Business.

Wishing more for less is human - tell Santa when you meet him.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

The new Professional plan is tailored to serve freelancers, project managers, consultants and the like - a user group that was not appreciated in the old setup: Too Professional for Premium, too small for Business.

My view is different: the new tier "Professional" is a hidden price increase by Evernote. The Premium was demoted to Personal. While the features did not reflect demotion, it indicated to all the Premium users "if you want to remain the top tier, ( like you were for years, helping us to go through tough times,  here is you reward) - pay $20 more a year.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

Is your life goal to be in the „top tier“ ? No matter what that means, penthouse, CEO office, first class seating, just behind the pilot ?

Then I have bad news for you: If you were where you want to be, you would not bicker about 20 bucks. You would get it, simply to show everybody where you are is the TOP ! The TOPPEST of your breed just bought themselves a moonshot (well, part of the way anyhow).

For me the view is different: I use what I need, I pay what I use. At the moment I doubt I will need the features that make up the difference between Personal and Professional, so I won’t book it. If I had a use case, damn the money, get it. Because it pays to employ the best tool you need, for every job. Please note: I said the best for your need, not the most expensive.

Putting this aside, in Personal I now get more for the same money that I paid for Premium before. My case is closed.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Is your life goal to be in the „top tier“ ? No matter what that means, penthouse, CEO office, first class seating, just behind the pilot ?

Then I have bad news for you: If you were where you want to be, you would not bicker about 20 bucks. You would get it, simply to show everybody where you are is the TOP ! The TOPPEST of your breed just bought themselves a moonshot (well, part of the way anyhow).

For me the view is different: I use what I need, I pay what I use. At the moment I doubt I will need the features that make up the difference between Personal and Professional, so I won’t book it. If I had a use case, damn the money, get it. Because it pays to employ the best tool you need, for every job. Please note: I said the best for your need, not the most expensive.

Putting this aside, in Personal I now get more for the same money that I paid for Premium before. My case is closed.

I'm not talking about me. Personally it's not an issue for me. It is the perception, the way people may see it looking at what took place. 

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I am glad there is just only you like you on the forum. 

Firstly, you did not understand my post and are quoting me with an incorrect interpretation and calling it senseless. 

Secondly, look at the pricing plans for all other SaaS enterprises not just note taking apps- Customer segmentation does not work the way you are trying to educate everyone here.  

I am sharing the pricing of other apps that are offered to individuals and businesses. None of the other companies midway says that "hey ! I will create one more tier on the personal plans and will stop offering newer features  to the old customers out there . "

Additional segmentation may happen for plans for teams and enterprises, depending on the product but I have never seen more than 2 tiers - free and paid for individual users.

So, please stop acting like an expert on the forum on the basis of your feelings and shallow knowledge.

Wishing more for less is human - tell Santa when you meet him.

All these subjective statements ! Nobody is wishing more for less.  It is just your interpretation.  BTW, You may be fine to pay 20 USD more, people on Plus plans have been robbed off some of their features. They could be people on low budget. So while your case is closed, you are really indifferent to what so many others feel and are writing about it. 

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, yugal_k said:

I am glad there is just only you like you on the forum. 

There are many of us who think all this complaining about price is absurd. It is what it is, thats the prices, I genuinely cannot fathom what complaining and posting spread sheets achieves? Haven’t you already left for the ‘wonders’ of notion? If so why are you here trying to build a case of protest against another firms changes? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2