New payment plans!

This email only bothered me. If someone talks about changes and calls them good but does not give any details, it can only mean one thing. This person is not honest in what he says. Evernote has a very weak marketing department.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
1 minute ago, CR5150 said:

Not many details provided other than more features, no increase in price. I hope this doesn’t mean they’re getting rid of Legacy. 

The help page has a bit more info. It ‘looks’ like plus might be back? I’m not sure as the language is all messy for me as it seems there are many payment levels even on the same tiers. Watching with intrigue as plus might suit me if it has decent features - I’m by no means a power user.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

The help page has a bit more info. It ‘looks’ like plus might be back?

Given the events of the past several months I must confess I have a bad feeling about this,  but at least there's a reassurance that prices will not increase.  It does look as though there will be one or more subscription levels below Premium.  Cross your fingers and hope for the best...   😣

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
50 minutes ago, gazumped said:

It does look as though there will be one or more subscription levels below Premium. 

The Help page mentions "a new, more powerful Evernote plan" 
and existing full Premium customers customers will be grandfathered and not pay an increased price   
Premium Plus?

The new plan will "include new features to help you stay on top of your day-to-day"   
I suspect this means features like Tasks

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

It  looks like existing Premium customers customers will be grandfathered 

- Maybe tempted into updating,  if they haven't already...  what could possibly go wrong?  🤕

• Like 3

This is an absolutely terrible email comm - amateur hour.

Your plan is changing but don't worry it's going to have great new things such as... em...er.... well we'll get back to you with the details...

It provides no real information and just creates confusion. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, cgk said:

This is an absolutely terrible email comm

It does seem to misread the room rather badly - lots of posts here and elsewhere have been commenting that trust in Evernote has been badly shaken - or lost. 

Here they are telling us there's more on the way.  It's like they took their model from the film industry,  generating interest in a sequel by teasing the starring roles and speculating on who will be the villain.  Now we're all just wondering "what now?!"  Hope they follow up with the details soon!

• Like 4

Personally I don’t see how this is bad or negative? The core issue of the email was to inform prices are not going up and new tiers seem to be coming. We might want to know the info now but we have to wait. I don’t see how more choice could be a negative, I’ll wait and see though. It seems for me I’m getting these mysterious new features the premium plan will contain, I look forward to seeing what these are. I’d love the 100k limit to be abolished, though I’m no where near it, it sticks in my mind it isn’t ‘ever’note but 100knote. 

• Like 2

I think there will be total of 5 branches upon my observation. Let's say new Plan is known as Mystery plan:

1. Free -> Free

* 2. Plus

* 3. Premium (paying less) -> You need to pay for Mystery Plan for additional features BUT you will forever enjoy current features if you keep paying current price.

# 4. Premium (paying normal price) -> Mystery Plan (will get all new future benefits as Evernote rolls out).

5. Business

* Cannot or no longer purchased.

# New renowned plan.

So, in a nutshell I think Premium users who are paying less than current price will be retired, just like Plus while regular Premium users will be shifted to their Mystery Plan. 🙂 

Bad/Good luck:

* Members who are on Free and Evernote new Mystery Plan cost is little more. (They won't be on at least old Premium plan to continue paying little less amount.) // Or vicevarsa if Mystery Plan costs less.

* New members who are trying to secure the subscription on older price, but Mystery Plan is cheaper. // Or vicecarsa if Mystery costs higher.

Edit: Spelling

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Personally I don’t see how this is bad or negative?

You missed the points for existing customers
- price not increasing
- not losing any existing features

Chicken Little was wrong

Reminds me of the old IBM joke

Three women were talking about their husbands and their love making, and the first one says, "My husband is an athlete and when he makes love to me, he is so powerful that I am swept up in his body, and it's wonderful"
The second woman says, "My husband is a violinist, and when we make love, he knows how to play me like I'm a fine musical instrument, and it's overwhelming and beautiful"
The third woman says, "My husband is a salesman for IBM, and he doesn't actually make love to me, he just sits on the edge of the bed and tells me how good it's going to be when I finally get it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I will try to translate from corporate speak to Hooman:

They want to increase prices but don't want to anger current customers.

So the battle plan is:

Let's turn existing Premium to Legacy program, meaning freezing prices and features.

The new kids on the block and current Premium users who saw the light will turn to brand new Premium program with higher prices and more features.

Let's face it, Evernote is a SAAS (Software As Service firm) so increasing prices is paramount but due to loyal fanbase, they need to calm us down with Legacy program.

I guess their plan was built by two people: The first one had the bright idea to increase prices, the second one had the joyful role writing the email explaining it.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

There hasn’t changed much since a guy vested in animal fur threw some crow bones into the dust, and told the anxious bystanders what the future holds.

I calmly go after my own business. One day the big plan will materialize, and then we all know what was in the way the bones fell.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Mishkafofer said:

Let's turn existing Premium to Legacy program,

I think you're mixing up the Legacy/v10 products, and the subscription plans

I paid for Evernote for 10 years before switching to Bear. After receiving this weird email, it makes me even more certain that I’m not coming back. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, pavank said:

1. Free -> Free

* 2. Plus

* 3. Premium (paying less) -> You need to pay for Mystery Plan for additional features BUT you will forever enjoy current features if you keep paying current price.

# 4. Premium (paying normal price) -> Mystery Plan (will get all new future benefits as Evernote rolls out).

5. Business

* Cannot or no longer purchased.

# New renowned plan.

That would be my guess. I would add that I think the Plus plan will have a stripped-down Tasks feature, the lesser Premium plan the current Tasks feature (the one in early access), and the maximum Premium plan will include updates to Tasks (e.g. recurring tasks).  I don't see Tasks being part of the Free version (though I wouldn't mind being wrong), but Home will be there. 

Sure, we could just wait for Evernote's actual announcement in the next few weeks. But what's the fun in that?

4 hours ago, cyberry said:

(...)I don't see Tasks being part of the Free version (though I wouldn't mind being wrong), but Home will be there.(...)

Good thought. Regarding Plus, I don't think they will add new features and such (because it's retired kind of plan), since they would want to convert these users to premium and no one can get Plus subscription now. Obviously, they won't increase price or decrease existing features but they could try to give few reasons to jump ship to Premium.

Free version already has Tasks (Early Access), hopefully that will continue the same once it hits stable. Home is available but to modify anything we need Premium. They has also added many tiny features on App level which requires Premium, let's say changing quick access button etc. 

Right right.. Where is the fun in waiting for Official news. 😄 

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There hasn’t changed much since a guy vested in animal fur threw some crow bones into the dust, and told the anxious bystanders what the future holds.

I calmly go after my own business. One day the big plan will materialize, and then we all know what was in the way the bones fell.

Good way of putting it. The replies to this thread have been….interesting (being polite). People love to complain, even if they have to make something up (for we don’t know what the price plans will be) in order to do it. 

Maybe it's because of how I use evernote that I don't find tasks an interesting feature at all or something I'd ever use?

Because I'm an M365 user - tasks being integrated with my email and live documents is where that provides benefit.

• Level 5

And you deem Microsoft marketing speech any better (concerning your first post) ?

If you don’t want or need a feature, don’t use it. Or how do you handle you O365 package? Deleting All Code for functions you don’t need ? And don’t tell me you use it all …

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

i just found the announcement irritating. new plans? ok... click the link. what? i still don't know. i wonder why they didn't wait to send the email until they had something to say. weird. but, they got me to click, so success according to some internal metric?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

And you deem Microsoft marketing speech any better (concerning your first post) ?

If you don’t want or need a feature, don’t use it. Or how do you handle you O365 package? Deleting All Code for functions you don’t need ? And don’t tell me you use it all …

Well office365 has a public roadmap so I know months in advance what I am getting - I don't recall ever receiving an email that was as vague as this from Microsoft (actually I don't remember ever receiving an email off Microsoft).

• Like 1

Since yesterday, I have been wondering what this email was meant for. At the moment, there are no specific infos, apart from emphasizing that the old price can be kept (lower by implication). A few ideas have already fallen.

This thought came to me after reading this https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/131224-to-all-disappointed-premium-users-lets-cancel-our-subscriptions/?tab=comments#comment-590743

Is this email from EN that only mentions prices not a threat? If users now cancel their subscription and want to renew it, they will pay the new higher price.

I am beginning to wonder if this is blackmail and an attempt to stop mass cancellation of subscription, after all, you can always renew them before the end. And now many people are wondering, I will cancel the subscription now and I don't know how much I will raise, so maybe I'll wait. Fear management, effective but only in a dictatorship.

If they gave details of their plans (EN roadmap), and not only information about the price, I would be far from making such guesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Krzys said:

I am beginning to wonder if this is blackmail and an attempt to stop mass cancellation of subscription

I'm fairly convinced that everyone is totally overthinking this.  It's a badly thought out "coming soon" announcement that basically says:  We're going to be adding new products / we won't charge you any more for the stuff you got / more to follow...

So just let's wait for an actual fact to come along before we get carried away,  huh?  

• Like 6
  • Level 5

Oh, conspiracy, evil thinking, the world is a bad place .... and now they want to stop people to cancel their subscriptions - at the very moment when the service takes a positive momentum ?! If you think it through, only 1/12th of users might cancel their subscription in that very moment, because all the others (usually on yearly plans) still have time to go. No risk at any time of a "sudden" stampede, given the structure.

Why not take it as it is:

Home was released, Tasks will move from early access into release level, maybe more to come. And there were already a lot of questions in the forum about whether tasks full access will be linked to another subscription level.

Now we get a first orientation: Plans stay, everybody gets tasks, but not all features for all plans. Plus and these rebated Premium plans will continue (this IS a positive information for these users, isn't it ?). Premium and Business get it all, same price, everybody else can upgrade (smaller difference for some, steeper for others) and that is it.

Now we just have to wait and see what will come with these new packages. 

Meanwhile: 🌴🏖️🍹 There is more to do these days ...

• Like 3

If you reload the help page 537 times it reveals the plans in full, the cost of the new plan is your SOUL, Evernote is coming for us with there super evil plans, it’s all there in that dangerous email, if you really look for it.*

*Sarcasm. 

• Haha 1

Have to say, I don't see the issue.  The e-mail and Evernote's reasons for sending it are clear as crystal to me.

it says 'Dear subscriber, we are going to be changing our subscription plans, your price won't change, your features won't change.  We will be in touch with more details in the coming weeks with new options you can choose'

Simple.  Totally clear.

Why might they send this?  Oh, I don't know.. maybe because of all those folk that have been chirruping on about features.. will they have to pay blah blah and so it goes on

I personally think Evernote's charges are so cheap THATS the biggest laugh!!  £0.865 a week for all that we get as a premium customer - thats such good value.

• Like 7

Hey, let's relax a little bit. You're looking like people who are on r/Evernote who just complain just about everything.

I have seen people there (not you) who repeat the same thing over and over again but they never actually leave community. It's easy you know, unsubscribe, give feedback to future users what they can anticipate and learn why Evernote was not fit for you and then you move on. But no, people over there are stuck in loop of cancel <--> feedback. 

Email was merely an announcement that we are cooking something in kitchen, there was nothing bad or good mentioned there. Let's at least wait for new plans to express your thoughts. 🙂 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, WilliamL said:

If you reload the help page 537 times it reveals the plans in full, the cost of the new plan is your SOUL,  

Must be your version. I got “Paul is dead”.

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, pcryan5 said:

Must be your version. I got “Paul is dead”.

Hmm it’s more sinister than even the most dire (and hysterical) prediction here. The plans are individualised! They are seeking our souls, our very lives, I wonder what else. Watch out folks Ian’s coming for us! 

• Haha 1

I'm a free rider, and while I'm seeing one feature after another disappear from users like me, I'm looking more and more over at my Onenote, which's ok but not as good as Evernote. I'm not a big user and the price Evernote has today is not worth it to me. My big hope is that they can come up with price plans, also for smaller users, perhaps where you can choose and choose away features. I'm more than willing to pay - it would actually feel good to pay for a the service. But for me the price must be in proportion to my use. So I hope ...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

We all have to wait and see …

From how I read the e-mail (no inside knowledge) the cheaper paid plans remain frozen at their current level, and the „new“ Premium and Business level get access to all features.

This does not sound as if a new „budget“ plan would be in the breeder.

So my reading of it is - it's not going to cost me more than I'm already paying, I'll be receiving more functionality and some of the previous features will likely return but work better than they ever did on legacy......what's not to like?

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Steven Eff said:

So my reading of it is - it's not going to cost me more than I'm already paying, I'll be receiving more functionality and some of the previous features will likely return but work better than they ever did on legacy......what's not to like?

That's exactly how I read the email as well. I've reread it a couple of times to make sure as all the fuss here got me 2nd guessing myself.

Maybe its more about not reading all of the email and comprehension.

• Like 2

In the past, I've been a Premium subscriber to Evernote, but I've stayed away in favor of free services lately. However, since Tasks were introduced, I've been considering going back. I'm wondering if it's a better idea to buy Premium now and get started, and be upgraded to whatever new plan they announce, or to wait. 

Will current-Premium subscribers be elevated to the highest tier plan? Or will there be something above what is currently known as Premium? I don't think Evernote is necessarily doing anything shady, but I agree with others who have noted that this "announcement" has very few details and is creating more problems than solutions. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, uiuc18 said:

In the past, I've been a Premium subscriber to Evernote, but I've stayed away in favor of free services lately. However, since Tasks were introduced, I've been considering going back. I'm wondering if it's a better idea to buy Premium now and get started, and be upgraded to whatever new plan they announce, or to wait. 

Will current-Premium subscribers be elevated to the highest tier plan? Or will there be something above what is currently known as Premium? I don't think Evernote is necessarily doing anything shady, but I agree with others who have noted that this "announcement" has very few details and is creating more problems than solutions. 

I would think sub now would be the better idea…that way if the new premium costs more you keep this price, but if a new one comes out you prefer you can simply change it? 

• Level 5*

Seems to me the email says something to the effect of:  you're getting the existing package, plus unspecified extra "benefits" at the current price.  There may be a new lower-priced option between Basic and Premium, and/ or a new,  and even more feature packed option above the current Premium.

Don't think it was in that thread,  but I've also seen comments that Basic will retain access to Tasks when it leaves Beta - though task dates will be a paid-for option.

If you can,  I'd suggest upgrading on a monthly subscription - it's more expensive in the short term,  but if you see a better option you can change from your next subscription payment.

• Like 1
On 7/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, gazumped said:

Seems to me the email says something to the effect of:  you're getting the existing package, plus unspecified extra "benefits" at the current price.  There may be a new lower-priced option between Basic and Premium, and/ or a new,  and even more feature packed option above the current Premium.

Don't think it was in that thread,  but I've also seen comments that Basic will retain access to Tasks when it leaves Beta - though task dates will be a paid-for option.

If you can,  I'd suggest upgrading on a monthly subscription - it's more expensive in the short term,  but if you see a better option you can change from your next subscription payment.

This is a good advice, except maybe for Plus users: once switched to Premium you never can return to Plus...

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You can stay PLUS, with your known features. If you want to participate of the new features, PLUS is no option anyhow.

So it depends on your personal preferences.

Sure, but it's difficult to decide without any knowledge about the new plans..

On 7/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Krzys said:

This email only bothered me. If someone talks about changes and calls them good but does not give any details, it can only mean one thing. This person is not honest in what he says. Evernote has a very weak marketing department.

Haha that is completely understandable. Most of us had the same problem with the mail. Good intented, bad executed. If they waited with the new plans nothing was wrong (by not raising the prices). 

1 hour ago, eric99 said:

This is a good advice, except maybe for Plus users: once switched to Premium you never can return to Plus...

I confirm, you can't revert back...Me too, I was from the "Plus" plan and I wanted make a try to the Premium plan (with the 40% discount)

The premium plan was okay but an overkill for my needs, I tried to revert back to the Plus plan but I was doomed...

At least , I got a grandfathered price (I'm a paid user since 2010) , that's okay Evernote is still my powerhorse for my productivity needs , I assum my choice.

Interesting that as a former 'Plus' subscriber I can still select that in my iOS subscriptions section for £23. The price there for Premium has changed from £44.99 up to £54.99

If I log on to my account on the Evernote website I can extend my Premium subscription for £44.99

Looks like you can 'shop around' in the app and sites and potentially get the same level for a lower price.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Steven Eff said:

Interesting that as a former 'Plus' subscriber I can still select that in my iOS subscriptions section for £23. The price there for Premium has changed from £44.99 up to £54.99

If I log on to my account on the Evernote website I can extend my Premium subscription for £44.99

Looks like you can 'shop around' in the app and sites and potentially get the same level for a lower price.

Or it's the difference between Apple shop prices and Evernote.  You're lucky still to have the Plus option if you've switched to Premium - I didn't think there was any going back!

• Level 5

There will always be differences on the same plan when using alternative methods of subscription and payments.

In general I try to subscribe through the Apple AppStore - is makes controlling and canceling of subscriptions very easy. It even allows to cancel any subscription within 14 days if I notice I made a mistake by subscribing. This even for services that refuse to roll back a subscription taken out directly …

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have this information in Billing History?

"Your Evernote Premium subscription will expire on December 27, 2021 and will not renew. After that date, your account level will be downgraded to Evernote Basic."

I have been a subscriber for three years and have not canceled my subscription. I bought Evernote on Google Play. I checked and the subscription is active on Google Play.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Krzys said:

I checked and the subscription is active on Google Play.

Hi.  Google Play is not Evernote.  EN has no auto-renewal record for you,  so (correctly) shows that if it has no payment before that date,  your account will downgrade.  Meantime (hopefully) GP will come along and make a payment for you,  saving the day.  If anything bad happens you'll find out quickly an d be able to make a payment anyways.

https://evernote.com/compare-plans

Oft! More expensive, glad my plan lives on! 

overall my plan seems unchanged. Professional looks really cool too - especially being able to allocate tasks to others, though how that works without contact lists is unclear? We should get early access to that. 

Im not clear if our premium is the new personal or if current premium users get professional? (Hoping the latter!). Also if limits change per plan ie the 100k limit? 

• Ex Employees
6 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

overall my plan seems unchanged. Professional looks really cool too - especially being able to allocate tasks to others, though how that works without contact lists is unclear? We should get early access to that. 

You can assign to any email address. The user will receive an email notification about the task being shared. If they're already an Evernote subscriber, they can log in and it'll automatically show up in their Tasks view under the "Assigned" tab. Non users will be able to view the Task in a special web view (similar to when you share a note publicly) that doesn't even require signing up. They can mark the task completed within that view. If they sign up for an account, they'll be able to then see it in their Tasks view.

2 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

You can assign to any email address. The user will receive an email notification about the task being shared. If they're already an Evernote subscriber, they can log in and it'll automatically show up in their Tasks view under the "Assigned" tab. Non users will be able to view the Task in a special web view (similar to when you share a note publicly) that doesn't even require signing up. They can mark the task completed within that view. If they sign up for an account, they'll be able to then see it in their Tasks view.

That’s really helpful, thank you. It’s actually a feature I could use, though I think if I’m right my premium is now personal according to my account.  That people don’t need to sign up too is somewhat helpful.  It would be handy to have Evernote contacts where we add folks and can interact with @s etc to tasks, dunno if that’s planned for the future. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If the price is your main concern though,  it does look as though new subscribers get to pay rather more than the previous Premium offering.  My account info shows me as a "Professional" user - all very flattering except 1) it's not quite twice my previous subscription and 2) I have (and need) no access to these wonderful new features - and am unwilling to upgrade to an app that is still - according to many users - rather slow and unreliable...

Underwhelmed so far - but I'll wait for my email!

I was a premium subscriber which was set to last until Dec 2021 and my account has been downgraded to personal. So I can't get on tasks or live chat with anyone to resolve. 

Can't quite believe I have to pay again?

• Ex Employees
1 minute ago, mada74 said:

I was a premium subscriber which was set to last until Dec 2021 and my account has been downgraded to personal.

@mada74Personal is the same as Premium. Those users that were on current Premium plans were converted automatically to Personal. Please refer to this link that shows the plans.

5 minutes ago, mada74 said:

I was a premium subscriber which was set to last until Dec 2021 and my account has been downgraded to personal. So I can't get on tasks or live chat with anyone to resolve. 

4 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

@mada74Personal is the same as Premium. Those users that were on current Premium plans were converted automatically to Personal. Please refer to this link that shows the plans.

Well, I can’t see any announcement that shows “Personal is the same as Premium” from the link, or even from the official website. Another question is, I just renewed my Premium Subscription this month in July, what if I wanted to upgrade to Professional from Premium now, how’d you fix the bill???

• Haha 1

At this time I am a premium subscriber. I have been a paying Evernote customer since 2008, Now I feel that my interest in Evernote has come to an end.
I got a promise from Evernote the cost for being a customer will not raise. But that’s a lie 

To be able to export out my stuff from Evernote I need to be a ”professional”
To use the function ”where in the world was I When I wrote this note” I need to be a ”professional”
We have been promised a better search engine. I need to be a professional
Still there are many other functions I am missing from the past, not back.

I am not amused. I am a ”grandfathered customer” and I still have my Evernote socks and my Evernote Scanner to prove that.
I have invested so much time in Evernote.
I don’t want the bloatware, I just want to use Evernote the way I have, I was satisfied with that. 
Still.. does Evernote need the old fanbase?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This is the actual quote from the announcement:

NEW–Evernote Personal
All the features of Evernote Free and Premium, plus:

• NEW: Tasks lets you create tasks in your notes and manage them all in one summarized view. You can set reminders, due dates, and notifications to help you stay focused.

• NEW: Connect Evernote to your primary Google Calendar account to keep meeting and event details synced with your related notes.

• NEW: Get more Home widgets and adjust the layout to fit your style.
18 minutes ago, mada74 said:

I have the exact same problem. Was premium, now a personal.. and no right to support or live chat.

• Sad 1
  • Ex Employees
2 minutes ago, berntm said:

I have the exact same problem. Was premium, now a personal.. and no right to support or live chat.

Thanks, we're actively looking into this now. In the meantime, please try logging out and back in and let me know if that solves the issue. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

Personal is the same as Premium. Those users that were on current Premium plans were converted automatically to Personal. Please refer to this link that shows the plans

Lets try that again

My Premium account switched to Personal    
I was expecting to be switched to the new Professional level

btw My information on the left says Subscription: PREMIUM

Quoting from the July 7 email

In the coming weeks, here’s what you can expect:
We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now.
You’ll keep all the Evernote features and services the Premium plan offers today.
Your updated plan will also include brand new features to help you stay on top of your day-to-day.
  • Like 3
  • Ex Employees
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I was expecting to be switched to the new Professional level

None of the existing accounts would be auto-switched to Professional since it's a newer, higher-priced tier.

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

btw My information on the left says Subscription: PREMIUM

Yeah, we're already looking into getting this swapped properly.

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

@gazumpedWhere are you seeing it show you as Professional? Can you give me a screenshot?

Erm...  y'see it was like this - I opened the page and this big black bold 'professional' leapt out at me... I may have slightly missed the grey 'you are here' under personal.  Sorry - more personal fact-checking required!  (And maybe a tad less aggressive layout?...)  :blush:

1696795219_ScreenClip7.thumb.png.d576441b192a479d18387695d9d629f0.png

• Like 2

I don’t believe we have lost any features, we may not have gained some of the ones we would like but we haven’t lost any. I thought we had but logging out then logging back in my app fixed my issues. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 7/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, Scott T. said:

None of the existing accounts would be auto-switched to Professional since it's a newer, higher-priced tier.

So, the email "We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now."

isn't happening.  I'm switched to Personal which is the former Premium

edit; Personal is the "new, more powerful Evernote plan"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, DTLow said:

So, the email "We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now."

isn't happening

Does seem to be the case - the 'upgrade' seems to be a slower package with slightly fewer features than we were used to...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Evernote email on 8th July:

"We're upgrading your plan, but not your price"
"We'll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you are paying now"
"No surprise price changes"

Evernote account billing on 21st July:

"Your next bill will be 23% higher" (was £44.99 now £54.99)

Just putting this on the record... I am surprised by the price changes, Evernote!

Email from Evernote 8th July.png

Account Billing 21st July.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, berntm said:

To be able to export out my stuff from Evernote I need to be a ”professional”

afaik  Existing export option (.enex .html) are available at all account levels

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I'm assuming that this is partly why there is a 50 note restriction on exporting (as well as whatever technical stuff is going on)...

image.png.fb0e080bc23fce9fba248a908625075d.png

Requires a professional sub.

Making it hard to get my data off your platform and to back it up does not endear Evernote to me.

This should be the most basic of features.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just went through all the emails, links and screens, and am thoroughly confused.

First, in the nothing will change category, my membership now says Personal, but my renewal, next year, is listed at the old Premium rate, which is the annual fee for Personal. My plan, if it is Personal comes with a link to Google Calendar, but the link said click here for a free trial. (I didn't). Premium is no longer listed as an option, but it is apparently between Free and Personal per the original link. I guess I have until next April to figure this out. As long as Legacy continues, I'm good since the backup and export options of the current version is useless.

I am assuming that Personal is the new and improved Premium, but that wasn't made very clear. I guess they couldn't keep calling it "Premium" if it is now a lower tier. 

Professional didn't offer much I care about except exporting notebooks as PDFs. And that only has value if the current export continues to be crippled. 

Meanwhile, I continue to support a fully updated and workable backup of everything in Nimbus, plus various parts spread through Notion, OneNote, and Google Docs.

Having an exit strategy is one thing, but having to spend years with one foot out the door is getting to be cumbersome.

• Like 1

HMMM....can't see the new calendar or task widget on windows desktop or web as premium user...on IPHONE new calendar widget shows...added it and connected to google calendar...said contact support...tried again and connected then calendar showed blank...tried again said contact support...logged out 2x and still same issue

• Shane D. featured, pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

There are a few new things included in the Personal. Might not be a big deal to some, but here is from @Shane D.post introducing new plans. 

NEW–Evernote Personal
All the features of Evernote Free and Premium, plus:

• NEW: Tasks lets you create tasks in your notes and manage them all in one summarized view. You can set reminders, due dates, and notifications to help you stay focused.

• NEW: Connect Evernote to your primary Google Calendar account to keep meeting and event details synced with your related notes.

• NEW: Get more Home widgets and adjust the layout to fit your style.
  • Thanks 1

What is the difference between "custom" and "full customization" in regards to the dashboard? 

Overall I see very little of interest here - although I completely accepted that many users likely have a use for linking their calendar and doing tasks in evernote. 

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, TenPastNine said:

I've just cancelled my Personal subscription to Evernote, on the back of the less-than-transparent price rise

afaik  There is no price increase for the Personal/Premium tier    
            Edit: No price increase for me (Canadian)

I'm disappointed at not being grandfathered into the Professional tier

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TenPastNine said:

I paid for an annual plan. When that renews it'll be nearly 25% higher

Account Billing 21st July.png

Same here. I paid £44.99, The email I received says

In the coming weeks, here’s what you can expect:
We’ll upgrade you into a new, more powerful Evernote plan at the same price you’re paying now.

My billing history page tells me when the next billing date is but unlike yours doesn't actually say what the new amount is. I need to clarify this but it certainly looks like they have broken their promise.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Plus Tasks and Calendar which weren't part of Premium apart from the early access taster.

• Like 1

I've been on Plus plan for years, and I'm still on Plus, which has offline notes on mobile app. But the new Plus plan description says the offline notes are ONLY on desktop app. That means I won't have offline notes on my phone any more?

How can Evernote take away something that I already paid for???

• Like 4
  • Evernote Expert

@splus "Get offline access on mobile and desktop" You'll see that this is listed as a feature of the Personal plan which is the replacement for Premium.

Plus has been deprecated as a plan for three years or more. I've not seen any evidence of a replacement Plus plan but it will, inevitably, be less fully featured than Personal.

• Like 1

Hi !

So far so good from my side , updated (or switched) from premium to personal account.

Find a way to connect my google calendar (nice addon , very appreciated) and everything seem ok

The only problem (Hope, it's not really a problem) from my account setting , Billing History, my next paid amount was disappear (was 89.99 CAD , grandfathered Premium price in Canadian dollars)

Hope that I won't get a bad surprise for my next billing payment

Note;  From the screenshot, it's the french-canadian version , in english it's the billing history section , with "next billing date on...(date)"

Have a nice day

1434731680_2021-07-2116_22_38-Facture.png.00b998f8e02a602ef2b453d55962a7e9.png

2 hours ago, agsteele said:

@splus "Get offline access on mobile and desktop" You'll see that this is listed as a feature of the Personal plan which is the replacement for Premium.

Plus has been deprecated as a plan for three years or more. I've not seen any evidence of a replacement Plus plan but it will, inevitably, be less fully featured than Personal.

The Plus plan has not been offered to new subscribers, but those who were on it have been allowed to keep it. Just some days ago I got an email from Evernote, just like everyone else, that my Plus plan will remain unchanged, and cost the same. I don't need the Personal plan, I just need to keep the same features that were in the Plus plan. And I extended my plan for another year.

But now Evernote says the mobile app will not have offline notes for Plus plan. That is NOT unchanged. I have been misled with wrong info from Evernote into extending my existing Plus plan. That is not right. And neither is taking away the features I have already paid for.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Can you identify the source for that information?

Here is the screenshot I just took where it says for the Plus plan the offline access is for desktop only. That's what I get when I click Upgrade button.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 043943.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes I have exactly the same issue as @splus - been a member since 2012 - been plus for years and years and years because I need access to some folders on my iPad and iPhone.  I'm reading it  the same way that my plus account  has been downgraded 

This is NZD 

900821406_2021-07-2211_57_15-Evernote.thumb.png.f22b30b00a0629863df30d8d52378307.png

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DTLow said:

afaik  There is no price increase for the Personal/Premium tier    
            Edit: No price increase for me (Canadian)

I'm disappointed at not being grandfathered into the Professional tier

Agree. We've been the top tier for years and now we are the equivalent of Plus. They're not calling it a downgrade, but that's what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1