New Evernote for Windows, v6.0 (6.0.6) GA

Stephane Lo

Idea

Today, we started rolling out Evernote v6.0 for Windows to the general public.
This is a big milestone for the team, and we couldn’t have gotten here without your continuous input and feedback.

Of course, this is not the end and there is still a lot to do. For instance, we’ve heard the recent comments on Saved Searches. This was an intentional change to simplify the overall experience. We understand it affected the workflow of many people and are bringing this feature in a hotfix release very soon while we continue exploring how to best evolve saved searches to be relevant for a wider audience.

In the meantime, now that v6.0 is officially released, let’s help as many people, new and old, find and enjoy this release. We’d greatly appreciate your support with the public launch of this release, on the blog and on social media!

As usual, please keep sending feedback, suggestions, and use cases our way. Many thanks.

**EDIT: the release is now updated with a 6.0.6 Hotfix**

You can download the updated v6.0.6 here

-----

New in 6.0.6:

• Fixed loss of tag structure on drag and drop of nested tags
  • Fixed bug with subscription expired message 
  • Fixed various crashes

Fixed in 6.0.5:

• Saved Searches are back
    • Find your existing and new saved searches in the left sidebar below Tags
    • Create new saved searches from the left sidebar saved searches section or right-click on the search description
  • Fixed crash on switching Evernote account
  • Fixed crash when importing from OneNote 2016
  • Fixed ENScript exportNotes bug

If you’re updating from v6.0.3 beta:

• Selecting a notebook or tag highlights it in the left side bar. Override this behavior in the settings
  • Added option to trash the original note when copying between Personal and Business.
  • And 30 smaller bugs.

If you're updating from v5.9.9 and below, check out the blog announcement and the release notes.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JeffreyC said:

I wanted to ping this as I'm back from a trip with lots of stuff to get into Evernote, and not having this is really a bother.  :wacko:

Thanks again for listening.

I see your point, but your problem can be solved by pressing Win+Shift+F for the first note, to first reset the search.

Removing the function that new notes are placed in the notebook you are currently working on, can't really be fixed/replaced while still kept, in the same simple manner as I can see it.

• Level 5
8 hours ago, EdH said:

There is a bug in the editor. I clipped a note from the web and wanted to add some text at the bottom. The font dialog says "inherit" which isn't the name of any font on my system. There are two fonts in the note, but they both say "inherit." The sizes are different too, but both say "10" for the size. The one in italics does properly show italics in the tool bar button.

When I go to the bottom of the note, I changed the font to "Calibri" and then turned off italics. However, when I turned off italics, the font changed back to "inherit." If I turn off italics first, then select the font, it works.

EHUnresolved

The clipped page probably contains some HTML "tricks" that are confusing our editor. If possible, I recommend using Simplify Note (Ctrl+Space) to clean up and simplify the note's HTML.

@gustavgi Found it with your help, thank you.

It's a poor design if you ask me.  Unlike every other Windows app where you right-click blank space to get the customization window, in Evernote you have to right-click an existing icon. If it had followed convention I think I would have been able to find it without assistance.

2 hours ago, kvitekp said:

Search suggestions are still there: please click on an arrow at the right of the Search Box or just press Ctrl+F10 once to reveal Search Info.

The "Search Suggestions" @Vesa Vuorinen is talking about is not the option you mentioned. He even included a screenshot... which cannot be confused with "Search info."

EDIT: Wait, I see further search suggestions under the search explanation... but the dynamic is slightly different... not to mention that these only appear after one has gotten matches for the exact phrase input.

• Level 5
On 5/7/2016 at 0:21 PM, IanHinton said:

Losing the “all tags” view creates a huge problem for me. My tag system cannot be managed well with the new useless view.

Tags View is coming back. Most Evernote users don't use tags, so refactoring Tags View for V6 standards did not make it into the first V6 release. Now it's prioritized due user's feedback. Please state tuned.

The way the shortcuts appear now is ridiculous. I can no longer see all my shortcuts at a glance, while my search bar is unnecessarily long, i.e. wasted space on one line versus lack of space on the other line. Why this senseless change? This didn’t happen before version 6.

Users reported this before, so we're planning to add an option to have shortcuts on a dedicated bar. Most users have none or < 5 shortcuts so wasting vertical screen estate just because some of you have dozens of shortcuts does not make much sense. For now you can see all your shortcuts in the left panel.

I’m using Outlook 2007 and have no plans to spend more money on Microsoft. Sending emails to myself “@m.evernote.com” is not a viable solution. I frequently select parts of emails to be sent to Evernote.

I'm not sure what the problem is, please elaborate.

On 5/8/2016 at 6:01 AM, AndreasM said:

Why is EN not responding to this kind of posts. You EN are just picking post that are easy to reply.

This is a user's feedback forum, not customer support. Development team members who actually write specs and code have chosen to actively participate in it so we can feel your pain points firsthand. We respond to every post that helps us to make the product better, however if the problem is already known/confirmed, we don't respond again and again. Missing Tag View and Want Full Width Shortcuts Bar problems problems were reported more than once and are a priority now.

• Level 5
8 hours ago, EdH said:

There is inconsistent usage of how to delete/trash items.

Right-clicking on the following shows "Delete" in the menu:

• notebooks
  • tags

Right-clicking on a note shows "Move to trash"

Hovering over the trash icon in a note shows "Delete" in the tool tip.

keywords: EHUnresolved

It seems like the only inconsistency here is the tooltip, which should also say "Move to Trash" (I'll fix that). Notebooks/tags aren't currently placed in the trash, so in that context, "Move to Trash" wouldn't be appropriate. Let me know if I'm misinterpreting, though.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, csihilling said:

Something else that may be an error, or best case I don't understand.  The below appears in a few notes.  I suppose it is supposed to be the URL for something, but this is a text note.  There is a note link in this note if it makes any difference.

ScreenClip.png

Chances are you've created this note by dragging html file from Explorer -- in this case the source url is associated with the note. Click drop down arrow on the right and delete it if you don't need it.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, gustavgi said:

Well then I agree that you should stick with no arrows in single note view. But for that reason I also do feel that the old shift+click on a tag as a way to add tags to search, in no matter what context, should be carried over from v5 to v6.

The reason why I want to be able to click in a single note view window to change the current search in the main windows is actually the other side of the coin to the scenario that you are mentioning. I want to change the search without loosing what I am working on.

Say I open 1 note. Then I find a second note and open that. Now that I have both notes opened next to each other, I want to find notes tagged with with one of the tags in the note I opened first. This is since v6 no longer possible unless I first search for the first note again (back arrow etc) and bring it back into the main window (or of course manually type in the name of the tag in tag picker). But the reason for having the arrows/the shift-click is productivity, which is otherwise lost

All good points, thank you!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, emerick said:

It seems like the only inconsistency here is the tooltip, which should also say "Move to Trash" (I'll fix that). Notebooks/tags aren't currently placed in the trash, so in that context, "Move to Trash" wouldn't be appropriate. Let me know if I'm misinterpreting, though.

Might want to fix the delete notebook popup in that case.  Interesting, if I try to delete a notebook which has been in place for a while I get the first image.  Create a notebook and delete it I get the second image.  :blink:  What might the difference be?

ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip1.png

• Level 5*

Could be, will delete the URL in any case.  So you know, not really an html note.  It's based on a template note, either copies or double clicked from the desktop two years ago.  Piqued my interest so I did a sourceurl:* search and found some other interesting though apparently useless and harmless bits.

• about:blank by itself, multiple notes
  • file:/// by itself, many notes
  • file://Table of Contents..many notes
  • P:\, many PDF notes
  • some pointing to my import folder of attachments imported long ago
  • and all the http's you would expect

I now know to just purge should they appear.  Thanks.

• Level 5
6 minutes ago, Frank.dg said:

The "Search Suggestions" @Vesa Vuorinen is talking about is not the option you mentioned. He even included a screenshot... which cannot be confused with "Search info."

Search Info has suggested searches for notes. Suggestions for matching notebooks, tags, saved and recent searches, etc will be exposed by more appropriate UI which is coming.

16 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

I see your point, but your problem can be solved by pressing Win+Shift+F for the first note, to first reset the search.

Removing the function that new notes are placed in the notebook you are currently working on, can't really be fixed/replaced while still kept, in the same simple manner as I can see it.

What?  Sorry; none of this makes sense.

And, for what it's worth, I'm just asking for the original functionality to be brought back.  

Just now, kvitekp said:

Search Info has suggested searches for notes. Suggestions for matching notebooks, tags, saved and recent searches, etc will be exposed by more appropriate UI which is coming.

On second thought (and upon tinkering), I quite like the format now. Nice and compact. Search suggestions (for notes) appear in one continuous string. And when you click on "several" notebooks, you get a dropdown list of matching notebooks. 

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

What?  Sorry; none of this makes sense.

And, for what it's worth, I'm just asking for the original functionality to be brought back.  

I'm just saying that I think the new functionality is a huge improvement, that can't really be implemented in any other quick way as I can see it.

But resetting the search so that a new note is placed in the default notebook, can be done with a simple keyboard shortcut.

16 hours ago, RightPaddock said:

So what happened to the pivot to Asia. It's not only Down Under that's enjoying Monday morn, also Japan, China, Indonesia, India etc etc - i.e. about half the worlds population!

Here's Evernote's official twitter support account: https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Twitter.PNG

It would seem that Evernote support works off PST for twitter (BTW, I'm waaay ahead of PST too)... might be the same at help.evernote.com... dunno. They also do ask for a 2-3-business day wait time once you've requested a support ticket from their official support avenues. Twitter is the quickest bet. Either way, that should account for Evernote users worldwide... independent of your time zone. Point is, you were being overly dramatic... over the weekend... in a predominantly user-run forum. You'be been around long enough to know that... then there's this:

35 minutes ago, kvitekp said:

This is a user's feedback forum, not customer support. Development team members who actually write specs and code have chosen to actively participate in it so we can feel your pain points firsthand. We respond to every post that helps us to make the product better, however if the problem is already known/confirmed, we don't respond again and again. Missing Tag View and Want Full Width Shortcuts Bar problems problems were reported more than once and are a priority now.

14 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

I'm just saying that I think the new functionality is a huge improvement, that can't really be implemented in any other quick way as I can see it.

But resetting the search so that a new note is placed in the default notebook, can be done with a simple keyboard shortcut.

How is that a "huge improvement?"  Think about it.....

• If you are working "in a notebook," then you are probably in Evernote and should use the keystroke in Evernote to create the new note - which will be created in the notebook you are using.
  • If you are working outside of Evernote, then you shouldn't have to "process" or think about where this "open loop" or piece of information is going to go - you will figure that out later.  i.e., just like if you email into Evernote.
  • Side Note: Isn't this the whole reason you set a "Default Notebook?"

As for, "resetting the search," I think you are saying "go into Evernote and reset your notebook to your default, then create the note."  Add fourteen keystrokes to you life?  No thank you.

I don't know where to post this because for some reason I couldn't make a ticket and overall I'm just flummoxed by the poor performance of evernote. My lab might move to full plan pricing integration whatever ... ( sigh ), so I'm trying to get this to work. I'm on Windows 8, and evernote crashes constantly. Right now I can't even get the thing to open - it claims its open. Managed to kill it with task manager and it loaded again. It seems to happen whenever my network connection changes (i go between ethernet and wifi a lot). Or when my monitor config changes (plugging and unplugging monitors from a laptop to, you know, go take notes on my laptop). 

I'm assuming a good solution is to just use the web app? 

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, kvitekp said:

Users reported this before, so we're planning to add an option to have shortcuts on a dedicated bar. Most users have none or < 5 shortcuts so wasting vertical screen estate just because some of you have dozens of shortcuts does not make much sense. For now you can see your shortcuts in the left panel.

If you choose View - Shortcuts - Show in Toolbar you have a dedicated bar, albeit 80% as long as it used to be on a larger monitor since it is now beside the Menu Toolbar.  This assumes you don't show labels for the menu items.  And there is a drop down at the end for shortcuts that won't fit on the screen.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gustavgi said:

It's not that shortcuts don't have styles, but it's the fact that notes don't have styles.

I'm not sure that is the case.  Shortcuts are displayed using their own UI control, which could be designed to allow user styling of whatever is in that control.

8 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

@Stephane Lo, have you done ANY usability testing with a large number of tags, say > 1,000?

After all, Evernote does state it will support up to 100,000 tags.  Can you say, with a straight face, the EN Win will actually do this?

The old design of the Tags View was poor, but this is a disaster for management of a large number of tags.

IAC, please include a much functionality as you can in the right-click context menu for Tags in the Left Side Panel:

Tag List -- Right-click on any tag to:

• Move under Parent Tag (provides Tag selection like with the Tag Filter)
  • Move to Top Level
  • Rename
  • Delete
  • Assign to Selected Notes
  • UnAssign from Selected Notes
  • Unassign from All Notes
  • Collapse/Expand All below this Tag
  • Create Shortcut

Right-click on "Tags" icon/banner
  • Create Tag
  • Find Tag
  • Include Child Tags in Searches (check on/off)
  • Assign Selected Tags to New Notes (check on/off)
  • Sort by Name (check on/off)
  • Sort by Note Count (check on/off)

Like JMichaelTX I'm also kind of stunned by this respone. The more robust tagging system is what used to set Evernote apart from, for example, OneNote. Tags are a much more powerful organizing principle than folders, but it seems Evernote is not appreciating / dogfooding this aspect as much as you'd expect. This was already visible in for instance the problematic handling of tags when sharing notes with other users. The current development is really concerning to me and makes me wonder about Evernote's vision for the product. I migrated to Evernote from Lotus Notes (which has a solid multi-user tagging system). I was really hoping not to have to go through another migration any time soon again.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

How is that a "huge improvement?"  Think about it.....

• If you are working "in a notebook," then you are probably in Evernote and should use the keystroke in Evernote to create the new note - which will be created in the notebook you are using.
  • If you are working outside of Evernote, then you shouldn't have to "process" or think about where this "open loop" or piece of information is going to go - you will figure that out later.  i.e., just like if you email into Evernote.
  • Side Note: Isn't this the whole reason you set a "Default Notebook?"

As for, "resetting the search," I think you are saying "go into Evernote and reset your notebook to your default, then create the note."  Add fourteen keystrokes to you life?  No thank you.

I'm not always "in" Evernote when I'm working on a notebook. A lot of times I'm working in Evernote while also browsing the subject I am working on the web, and want to make a note based on what I am reading. Or I'm going through clipped information etc. in a notebook in EN in single note view/standalone window, which doesn't have a "new note" button, and is therefore just as much outside of Evernote as having Evernote closed.

Of course everyone has their own workflow, but my "default notebook" has never been a notebook where I want the information to stay. My reason for setting a default notebook is to have one place to check for unsorted information. So for me it's just an inbox to be sorted at a later date. Unfortunately that can also be a boring and time consuming process, and I rather have that settled right away with a minimum amount of clicks.

For the same reason I am also a great fan of the AI function in the web clipper, which is pretty good at guessing where the information should go right away. It would be very unfortunate if all my clippings went into my default notebook..

And like I said, you reset by typing Win+Shift+F while outside EN. You don't have to open up EN and then reset your notebook..

Where are my created and updated dates in the note? I know I can find them under Info, but having them INSIDE the note in plain visible sight is much used. 
It's the fastest way to change the date of a note (for example scanning a document with date 1-2-2016 of 3-4-2016. I want that note to have a created date of 1-2-2016, not 3-4-2016)

Put Saved Searches back in the search bar!! 

An ALL NOTEBOOKS and ALL TAGS view please.. You have to be kidding that just using the left pane for organising is the best way? 

I hate the fact that Atlas is being phased out.. I hate it even more that there isn't a equivalent of Ideaplaces for Android. 

Is it true that when dragging a parent tag and placing it elsewhere the child / parent tags get flattened? really??

• Level 5
21 minutes ago, Frank.dg said:

On second thought (and upon tinkering), I quite like the format now. Nice and compact. Search suggestions (for notes) appear in one continuous string. And when you click on "several" notebooks, you get a dropdown list of matching notebooks. 

Glad to hear that! Providing search suggestions for items other than notes does not make sense here because search box is on top of the search results, which are always notes, so we'll have different UI for that. Stay tuned!

• Level 5
12 minutes ago, Senol said:

Where are my created and updated dates in the note? I know I can find them under Info, but having them INSIDE the note in plain visible sight is much used. 
It's the fastest way to change the date of a note (for example scanning a document with date 1-2-2016 of 3-4-2016. I want that note to have a created date of 1-2-2016, not 3-4-2016)

There have been several similar complaints about the hidden Created Date field. Frankly, I am shocked that Evernote considers the feel-good UI white space more important than our actual data.

I have my fingers crossed that this comment from an Evernote employee will happen.

"There still is a chance that "add created date to the note info panel" fix can make it into the current GA, and it will certainly be there in the next Beta ... so it could be a few days or weeks. Please stay tuned."

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/95621-created-date-hidden-in-latest-windows-version/

• Level 5
37 minutes ago, rmw1 said:

Is there any way to show the reminder date in list view instead of the date the reminder was created?

Right click the list view header to choose the list view columns, all three dates associated with reminders are available there.

2 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

I'm not always "in" Evernote when I'm working on a notebook. A lot of times I'm working in Evernote while also browsing the subject I am working on the web, and want to make a note based on what I am reading. Or I'm going through clipped information in a notebook in EN in single note view/standalone window, which doesn't have a "new note" button, and is therefore just as much outside of Evernote as having Evernote closed.

Of course everyone has their own workflow, but my "default notebook" has never been a notebook where I want the information to stay. My reason for setting a default notebook is to have one place to check for unsorted information. So for me it's just an inbox to be sorted at a later date. Unfortunately that can also be a boring and time consuming process, and I rather have that settled right away with a minimum amount of clicks.

For the same reason I am also a great fan of the AI function in the web clipper, which is pretty good at guessing where the information should go right away. It would be very unfortunate if all my clippings went into my default notebook..

And like I said, you reset by typing Win+Shift+F while outside EN. You don't have to open up EN and then reset your notebook..

Win+Shift+F brings up the Windows search dialog (nothing to do with Evernote).

Read the book, Getting Things Done.  It will change your life (http://amzn.to/1TOLExE)

Everyone works differently.  Would have been better for them to not take away a feature from users like me and instead add a way to optionally support new features for users like you.

Cheers,

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

Win+Shift+F brings up the Windows search dialog (nothing to do with Evernote).

Are you sure you are not refering to Win+Ctrl+F?

(unless you changed it in options) Win+Shift+F (resets) search EN from outside of EN.

3 hours ago, jpaz said:

How do we make the formatting toolbar appear automatically when editing? Only see Tool-Options-Note check/uncheck Allways show

LOL; I didn't know it could go away till now.  Mine is always there.

Hail Mary idea: uninstall / reinstall Evernote? 

1 minute ago, gustavgi said:

Are you sure you are not refering to Win+Ctrl+F?

(unless you changed it in options) Win+Shift+F (resets) search EN from outside of EN.

I stand corrected.  You are right.

• Level 5

If you lost saved searches (from version 5.9) - how to rebuild? With the old database (and a SQLite tool

Your saved searches are not lost, they are still there in your database. The hot fix release we're preparing will expose them in the left panel. Please stay tuned and don't try to recreate them. If you need your saved searches right now, please PM me.

Just now, kvitekp said:

Your saved searches are not lost, they are still there in your database. The hot fix release we're preparing will expose them in the left panel. Please stay tuned and don't try to recreate them. If you need your saved searches right now, please PM me.

Great! Thank you for your fast response!

I'd like to suggest something regarding search.  I think the amount of time between when something is entered and when the search takes place should be configurable.  For example, if I type "tag:project" and want to continue typing to add "my great project", the search begins working before I stop typing and locks up the UI.  I think that's likely what some have complained about regarding the search being "slow."  It's not slow, but it starts searching too quickly.  I'd like to be to adjust it.  I think it shouldn't start searching until typing has stopped for about 1 second, but other users might want a shorter or longer amount of time.  I'd suggest configuring the time amount in milliseconds.

Fantastic product.  Love the update.

Thanks,

Scott Hatfield

hace 18 horas, EdH dijo:

I get "inherit" if the font doesn't exist, but the system shouldn't change me back to inherit after I've selected a font.

Also, instead of inherit, if the font doesn't exist it should say the name of the default font which is the one being used in this case.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Bartm said:

Like JMichaelTX I'm also kind of stunned by this respone. The more robust tagging system is what used to set Evernote apart from, for example, OneNote. Tags are a much more powerful organizing principle than folders, but it seems Evernote is not appreciating / dogfooding this aspect as much as you'd expect. This was already visible in for instance the problematic handling of tags when sharing notes with other users. The current development is really concerning to me and makes me wonder about Evernote's vision for the product. I migrated to Evernote from Lotus Notes (which has a solid multi-user tagging system). I was really hoping not to have to go through another migration any time soon again.

Please keep these comments coming -- we feel your pain and will act to resolve the problem. The EN5 Tag View was dropped not because we underestimate tags usefulness, but because we felt it's not good enough.

New little number badge at the desktop icon? Notes are synced and no reminder - what is the meaning of this number?

number.jpg

//Edit: just found it - new WorkChat message (but I've no WorChat in the sidebar, so I  didn't know)

• Level 5*

@kvitekp, you've provided a number of great tips, great shortcuts, great Registry key options.  But they are all buried in this very long thread (11 pages now).  Could you guys please put together a comprehensive user's guide / tip sheet on this new EN Win version?

Thanks.

Was working fine before I updated recently, now the organization is different and search doesn't work.  Can't find anything now unless I go to All notes and thumb through a known notebook.  Wish I could go back, nothing wrong until yesterdays update.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, AndreasM said:

All the bugs posted by EdH, are your reading EN? It is getting worse, is the new version improvement or steps back? Go to the base EN and fix all the bugs reported for long, very long time, then offer a new version, and do not break things which are working, telling us it is a design change....

If you make a quick list of the pros and cons with v6, it's quite clear that the improvements have a lot more impact. Sure there are some smaller bugs, but most of them have just been carried over from v5. And in this case I rather have HDPI support as quickly as possible than wait for EN to also fix things like formatting problems while printing.

Evolution of a product is sometimes about forcing an old user to do the same operation in a new way. That's not really "breaking things which are working". Like I said before in this thread, physical buttons on phones were definietly working, so why remove them? Sometimes you just have to get used to a new way of doing things even if they feel unnecessary to you.

But if the changes have a serious negative impact on your workflow, I'm sure EN are very eager to hear why. They already said that a new All Tags window is a priority, and that Created date's visibility in a note is coming back, due to user feedback.

Sure EN can collect some basic user data of numbers, like how many notes or tags people have. But I'm pretty sure they are somewhat clueless on how people are actually using EN, except for the minority they speak to or that visit this board. And if they would know more details somehow, I think that would be something to worry about just as much.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, csihilling said:

Might want to fix the delete notebook popup in that case.  Interesting, if I try to delete a notebook which has been in place for a while I get the first image.  Create a notebook and delete it I get the second image.  :blink:  What might the difference be?

ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip1.png

Right. The first dialog is for deleting a local (unsynchronized) notebook. The second dialog is for deleting a synchronized notebook. I'll clarify the language in the first dialog to point out that the notebook's local, thanks for mentioning this.

• Level 5
20 hours ago, EdH said:

When you click on the very bottom of a note, below the text, Evernote should position your cursor at the very last space available in the note to continue typing. This partially works, but in a busted sort of way, and this only applies to notes where the note itself is smaller than the space dictated by the window. If you have to scroll to the bottom, there is no white space below that to click on.

• If the note is not in its own window, but in the note window of the main window, then if you click below in the white space, the cursor moves to last row, but directly above the cursor, not at the last space, so you have to click below and to the right of the text.

keyword: EHUnresolved

Thanks for pointing that out, I've entered a ticket to fix that.

Hi, Since I installed 6.06 i cannot search across all notebooks anymore. One of the main big features I loved Evernote and why I am using it. Have you kicked that out or have you changed settings? Without this feature I cannot use Evernote anymore, I built all my notebooks around this option and I am lost without it. How can I do this now?  Thanks, Silvia

• Level 5*

3 hours ago, kvitekp said:

if you Shift+click to the right of the tags list the note's notebook and all its tags will be set into the search.

Very nice.

On 2016-04-22 at 4:30 PM, csihilling said:

I have a note in the shortcut bar containing a table of searches (easier for me to manage the less used searches here vs shortcuts).  I have a PhaseExpress hotkey that selects the search text and executes the saved search.  Two clicks and I have the search in play. 

That right there is what I've always wanted; one note with saved searches as links. Then when the neighbour comes over I can click on the link and voila - my Santorini pictures from 2013. I don't have to use up space in saved searches, I don't have to remember how I tagged stuff back then, just click on the link in my page and there you go.  PhaseExpress, eh? I'll look into that, but it is definitely something Evernote should add at one point.

16 hours ago, EdH said:

my hierarchy is there in 6.0.5. I do know that the hierarchy is destroyed if you import from an ENEX file - those aren't stored in an export, only on the server. Assuming though that you didn't purge your data and restore with an ENEX file, they should be there. If not, contact support as it sounds like a specific issue and not someting 6.0.5 is missing.

Hmm. they were not for me. I re-installed this morning and now I see them. Thanks for letting me know that it wasn't a bug.

I'd like to add my voice to the "All Tags" Removal.

When I create a new tag it's typically while creating or editing a note. At some point in the future I go to the All Tags window and sort and organize the new tags. The absence of the "All Tags" view is disrupting that workflow. Going back and sorting tags in a vertically scrolling list is far more difficult than being able to spread the "All Tags" window into a big window to sort the new tags or re-organize others. 

This change has altered my workflow within the first day or so of using it. I now find that when adding new tags it is easier to go to the tags list and navigate to the location where I want the new tag to reside and then create it. I then go back to my note and reenter that new tag in the note. I'm finding this additional step disruptive when working on a note and adding new tags.

All because it has become tedious to navigate the tags list. I'm being torn away from my note editing to deal with sorting a tag.

On 22/04/2016 at 2:00 AM, kvitekp said:

Soon there will be a way to search everything again better than before. Hint: check a new feature recently added to the Mac version.

For us non Mac users, how can we see that new feature?
I am really missing ALL of the dropdown options that used to appear in the search bar. The new options are nowhere near as useful to me so I'm really hoping that what we get is least as good and as easy to use as what we've lost.

• Level 5
36 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

@kvitekp, you've provided a number of great tips, great shortcuts, great Registry key options.  But they are all buried in this very long thread (11 pages now).  Could you guys please put together a comprehensive user's guide / tip sheet on this new EN Win version?

There is someone working on this as we speak... And yes, we do have plans to replace that ancient tabbed Tools / Options dialog with something more scalable.

16 hours ago, gustavgi said:

Seems like your problem should be solved by unchecking the fourth box in the Notes tab under Settings, concerning automatically selecting child tags.

Indeed the problem is solved!  Thanks so much gustavgi.

10 hours ago, Bartm said:

Your hierarchies can also be destroyed by simply moving them. I found this out the painful way. This is a side-effect of the new auto-select children feature, which has probably been introduced to assist with the new styling options. Whenever you select a parent tag, it's children will be selected automatically. As soon as you move the parent the whole tree will be flattened into an alphabetical list. The logic behind this still escapes me. This is destructive behaviour, without a clear intent from the user and with potential disastrous consequences that cannot be undone and therefore should be qualified as a bug.

The way to avoid this is to de-select 'autoselect children' in the settings.

Thanks Bartm. Hierarchies are back.

But boy, I spent way too much time creating them (and some have lots of children) - the last thing I would want is to lose all that work. Thanks for the heads-up.  Evernote should consider pop-up messages when something that drastic can happen, you know, a sort of "this will permanently destroy this hierarchy - do you want to continue" sort of thing.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Bartm said:

Your hierarchies can also be destroyed by simply moving them. I found this out the painful way. This is a side-effect of the new auto-select children feature, which has probably been introduced to assist with the new styling options. Whenever you select a parent tag, it's children will be selected automatically. As soon as you move the parent the whole tree will be flattened into an alphabetical list. The logic behind this still escapes me. This is destructive behaviour, without a clear intent from the user and with potential disastrous consequences that cannot be undone and therefore should be qualified as a bug.

The way to avoid this is to de-select 'autoselect children' in the settings.

Scary. Has this been confirmed? I like the auto-select children feature, but not if it trashes my hierarchies!

How can I stop the "Let's Get Started!" thing from showing every time I start Evernote? I've tried clicking all the checkboxes in the to do list (create a note, sync, explore, etc.) and it keeps coming back (with "sync" and "explore" unchecked again). It's really bothering me!

Also, every time I open EN, all of my tags and notebook hierarchies are collapsed. It used to remember what I had open and I really miss that.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, kvitekp said:

Set HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/ResetContextOnSearch to 1 and the current search context will be cleared when you press F6.

Thank you, works very nicely!  :D

15 hours ago, kvitekp said:

Looks like a bug to me -- expected behavior is: if the note is found in the currently selected context, the context should stay intact.Otherwise the context should be cleared and set to All Notes. Thank you for reporting.

I just verified to be sure I was in all notes before I selected the shortcut.  Context changed to the notebook of the note, so yes a bug. . 

• Level 5*

It would be very nice if the styling options now available to tag and notebook names could also be extended to shortcut names as well.  That would also provide consistency in the left hand panel.  All three major sections would then have style controls.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, gustavgi said:

The arrows are next to the A button which hides/displays the editing toolbar. They only show if you have actually clicked a link and if you have opened the note in a separate window. If you are reviewing the note in a preview window/note panel, you have to add the arrows to the main toolbar. The fact that they won't show up next to the A in the last scenario might be a "bug", though.

thanks. Added them to the main tool bar, They definitely don't show up next to the A button.

What does "A" stand for? "Ahhhh, I do/don't want to see the toolbar?"

• Level 5
6 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

It would be very nice if the styling options now available to tag and notebook names could also be extended to shortcut names as well.  That would also provide consistency in the left hand panel.  All three major sections would then have style controls.

Yup, this is a bug, thank you for reporting.

3 hours ago, kvitekp said:

Right click the list view header to choose the list view columns, all three dates associated with reminders are available there.

Thanks for the prompt response...loving new UI

• Level 5
On 4/27/2016 at 8:37 AM, EdH said:

Really hoping the saved searches remake their appearance in the search box drop down soon. It is almost unusable to me as it is now below 60 notebooks and 600+ tags. It is actually faster for me to type in some of my more commonly used saved searches than to scroll.

Please try Alt+F3 will bring up Saved Search Picker

• Level 5
23 hours ago, EdH said:

The font name box and font size box are not the same height. See image. Hi-res DPI here. 150% magnification.

keyword: EHUnresolved 

It's driving me crazy too. It will be fixed in the next release.

• Level 5*

Please keep these comments coming -- we feel your pain and will act to resolve the problem. The EN5 Tag View was dropped not because we underestimate tags usefulness, but because we felt it's not good enough.

I understand that there were problems with the Tag View, but I found it extremely helpful for managing my 1600 tags. If you need guidance on how to improve it, put it back into the beta version, and I am sure you will get lots of feedback. For example, the ability to right click on a tag and assign it to a parent tag would be a great asset. The ability to have "same name" tags under two or more parent tags would also be very useful. In the meantime, the speed of searching with multiple tags is an OK workaround.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Scott Hatfield said:

I'd like to suggest something regarding search.  I think the amount of time between when something is entered and when the search takes place should be configurable.  For example, if I type "tag:project" and want to continue typing to add "my great project", the search begins working before I stop typing and locks up the UI.  I think that's likely what some have complained about regarding the search being "slow."  It's not slow, but it starts searching too quickly.  I'd like to be to adjust it.  I think it shouldn't start searching until typing has stopped for about 1 second, but other users might want a shorter or longer amount of time.  I'd suggest configuring the time amount in milliseconds.

The search delay time is configurable by registry setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/SearchAsYouTypeDelay -- the setting specifies milliseconds, default value is 50. Note that if you set it to 0, search as you type feature will be disabled and you'll have to press Enter or click search icon at the right of the search box to kick the search.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, kvitekp said:

Most Evernote users don't use tags,

Really?  Peter, you keep astounding me with these user statistics!

You guys just rolled out a huge update on Tags -- inclusion of Child tags in search/filter.  This is huge, and a great benefit to many of us who DO use tags.

So, I suppose it would help to qualify which users are included in the "most" category.

I would imagine, but I have no way of knowing, that with a FREE app, there will be many, many users who download it, use it a few times, and then basically abandon it.  I have done this many times myself with iOS apps.

So, my thought is what about the users who actually use Evernote a reasonable amount of time, let's say at least several times a week, and have been using Evernote for, say, at least 6 months?

It is very hard for me to believe that these users would never use tags.

Tags are probably the most powerful feature of Evernote.  If a lot of users are NOT using tags, then that suggests to me the following:

• Use of tags is NOT very intuitive in the Evernote UI.
  • Evernote is doing a very poor job of marketing and user education.

For perspective, let me add this about myself:  I am a guy who argued for years that Evernote Tags were not a replacement for Notebooks.
After having used Evernote many times a day for years, I just switched (about 4 months ago)  to a tag-based organization (that i call pseudo notebooks), after having used both Notebooks and tags from the beginning.

Tags are one feature that makes Evernote heads-and-shoulders above OneNote.  If "Most Evernote users don't use tags", then may I suggest that Evernote needs to find a way to better market and educate your users.

Finally, Peter, I really appreciate your candor and participation in this forum.  I am not in any way picking on, or blaming you, for all of the Evernote design decisions.  

• Level 5

Edit: just found it - new WorkChat message (but I've no WorChat in the sidebar, so I  didn't know

WorkChat button with number of unread threads shows up in your toolbar when you receive new messages

• Level 5
49 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Really?  Peter, you keep astounding me with these user statistics!

You guys just rolled out a huge update on Tags -- inclusion of Child tags in search/filter.  This is huge, and a great benefit to many of us who DO use tags.

So, I suppose it would help to qualify which users are included in the "most" category.

Stats are for existing users with 500+ notes... it kind of makes sense to expect that with this amount of notes tags become helpful but no, surprisingly large amount of users rely on top-down search over entire note set. Apparently, Evernote does not do job good enough to promote tag usage, and we're trying to change that. One example is changing purely visual tag hierarchy to a functional one, which is actually useful. I'm really glad you're getting it!

59 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Tags are probably the most powerful feature of Evernote.  If a lot of users are NOT using tags, then that suggests to me the following:

• Use of tags is NOT very intuitive in the Evernote UI.
  • Evernote is doing a very poor job of marketing and user education.

We're on the same page and both are actionable items.

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

For perspective, let me add this about myself:  I am a guy who argued for years that Evernote Tags were not a replacement for Notebooks.
After having used Evernote many times a day for years, I just switched (about 4 months ago)  to a tag-based organization (that i call pseudo notebooks), after having used both Notebooks and tags from the beginning.

Interesting! What where the top 3 reasons to make you switch?

Tags are one feature that makes Evernote heads-and-shoulders above OneNote.  If "Most Evernote users don't use tags", then may I suggest that Evernote needs to find a way to better market and educate your users.

True, however before we market and educate, we have to get tags UI right first. Discussions like this help this to happen.

Finally, Peter, I really appreciate your candor and participation in this forum.  I am not in any way picking on, or blaming you, for all of the Evernote design decisions.

Thank you! Please keep the feedback coming: negative feedback is the most actionable one!

6 hours ago, Bartm said:

Fair point. So what you suggest is that I put like a letter 'z' in front of my old-trip labels, so that they come up as bottom suggestions. I could do that. And to your point, it would allow me to just type in Madrid. I think you just changed my mind and substring search is the better option.

I use a tag called "archive". If I don't want to see anything old I search for the tags I need and I add -tag:archive.  Easy and works for everything. Maybe that would do the trick?

Is it me or the note margin was reduced in the last update? I was hoping to see an increase in note margins not a decrease :(.

I'm also having trouble with the auto hide toolbar. I like the idea, but when I open a note the toolbar is hidden and it will remain hidden even if I start to edit it. If I leave the note and come back to it, the toolbar will show up even if I didn't made any change in the note.

• Level 5

How can I stop the "Let's Get Started!" thing from showing every time I start Evernote? I've tried clicking all the checkboxes in the to do list (create a note, sync, explore, etc.) and it keeps coming back (with "sync" and "explore" unchecked again). It's really bothering me!

Also, every time I open EN, all of my tags and notebook hierarchies are collapsed. It used to remember what I had open and I really miss that.

The problems you describe suggest that Evernote cannot write its state to the registry. This is usually because of the security restrictions or some other kind of policy enabled on your computer. I recommend contacting Evernote customer support, they should be able to help you to resolve the problem

I recently upgraded to v6.0.6.1769 when it was announced. As a result, Evernote is now very sluggish and slow. I would like to revert to the previous version but it was an online update that didn't require a download. What are my options? Is there a way to revert? What was the number of the previous version?

Auto selection of child tags can be disabled in options. 

You can also hold shift while clicking on a parent tag. This way no child tag will be selected. 

1 hour ago, EdH said:

Scary. Has this been confirmed? I like the auto-select children feature, but not if it trashes my hierarchies!

Auto selection of child tags can be disabled in options. 

You can also hold shift while clicking on a parent tag. This way no child tag will be selected. 

All-in-all I really like the new Evernote 6 for Windows.  My only complaint, and it's a big one, is that I can no longer see my reminder date & time embedded in the note header like before.  You've got to click on the drop-down and then click on the "change date" to see when, or if, you scheduled a reminder.  I use the reminder feature quite a lot to manage projects. When I am suveying all my tasks, I often tweak the reminder dates based on new deadlines or other information. I know that you can see the reminders in the column list in snippet view, but I'd also really like to see it embedded in the note header as I am updating each note.

• Level 5*
On 4/29/2016 at 11:36 AM, kvitekp said:

The search delay time is configurable by registry setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/SearchAsYouTypeDelay -- the setting specifies milliseconds, default value is 50. Note that if you set it to 0, search as you type feature will be disabled and you'll have to press Enter or click search icon at the right of the search box to kick the search.

Thanks for providing an option to disable incremental search.

This has received many, many complaints since you introduced it a long time ago, years I think.
But your post for the fix is buried deep in this thread, where it is unlikely to be found later by users who have the same complaint.
Also, there are many advisories on the Internet, including Microsoft, who warn against making changes to the Registry, so many users may decline to do so.

Don't you see the value in making it a setting under EN Win Options (and under EN Mac Preferences)?

Thanks so much, csihilling! Do you happen to know if I install an earlier version, will I endanger my current library of notes? I'll back everything up just in case, but I wanted to know what to expect.

On 2016/4/22 at 0:52 AM, Frank.dg said:

Have you tried working from the left panel and expanding nested tag hierarchies there? You can now color your tags , which may help to easily locate certain nested hierarchies visually... or you could perform a search rather quickly by either clicking on your tag icon in the left panel, using  Alt+F2/ Shift+Alt+T... or clicking on the tag icon in the note toolbar's search explanation.

Thanks, but I want to view more tags at a same time.

16 hours ago, csihilling said:

Links are stilling working for me, so not sure I understand your use case, sorry.  Anyway,

[Solved] - as a long shot I ran an sfc \scannow,

When the links are pasted in HTML documents they are pasted as Hyperlinks - i.e. <href="blah" Title></a>.  I assumed that's what EN Copy Note Link put in the clipboard.  But it doesn't do that, it just puts the URI in the clipboard.  It's only if its pasted into something 'HTML', such as Evernote itself, or a blog post, that the raw URI gets encapsulated in an HTML <a href...> tag.  And the fact that an sfc \scannow fixed my problem means that Windows is somehow involved in the encapsulation process.

Everything into which I paste the links (such as EN itself) is HTML under covers, so I never needed to consider what was actually in the clipboard. 

For me, that's the first time since XP that sfc \scannow even found anything to repair, and maybe the first time ever, that a repair actually solved a specific problem.  I could try to figure out the precise cause of the problem from the CBS logs, but I probably won't unless it happens again.

But I still get that bizarre EN Firefox clipper dialogue - I'll test it on a vanilla profile.  Firefox Extensions often tread on one another's toes.

Added - the bizarre EN Clipper dialogue must be due to another Firefox add on - its OK if I add the clipper to a vanilla profile <sigh>

• Level 5*

Apologies if this has been reported before (not gonna check through 16 pages...) but there's one thing bugging me about the 'new' Evernote Windows - which I assume includes the (Office) Outlook Clipper;  it's followed me through the last couple of updates,  and I'm now on 6.1.1.  I know there's a 6.1.2 out there - currently downloading - so double apologies if this is already fixed.  But the issue is:

1. Clip an Email or part of an email from Outlook
  2. The clip (optionally) opens in an Outlook window ready for tags,  comments etc to be added and notebooks to be assigned.
  3. Edit the title of the note
  4. Every single tap of the spacebar generates two screen spaces so this text comes out  as  this  text.
  5. Accept that window and the separate (again optional) Evernote new note confirmation window opens.

Not a huge deal,  but it is annoying and untidy - especially for shared notes/ notebooks.

If it's not on the radar yet guys,  please add it to the list - you'd make me a happy(er) man..  ;)

14 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

@Stephane Lo, have you done ANY usability testing with a large number of tags, say > 1,000?

After all, Evernote does state it will support up to 100,000 tags.  Can you say, with a straight face, the EN Win will actually do this?

The old design of the Tags View was poor, but this is a disaster for management of a large number of tags.

IAC, please include a much functionality as you can in the right-click context menu for Tags in the Left Side Panel:

Tag List -- Right-click on any tag to:

• Move under Parent Tag (provides Tag selection like with the Tag Filter)
  • Move to Top Level
  • Rename
  • Delete
  • Assign to Selected Notes
  • UnAssign from Selected Notes
  • Unassign from All Notes
  • Collapse/Expand All below this Tag
  • Create Shortcut

Right-click on "Tags" icon/banner
  • Create Tag
  • Find Tag
  • Include Child Tags in Searches (check on/off)
  • Assign Selected Tags to New Notes (check on/off)
  • Sort by Name (check on/off)
  • Sort by Note Count (check on/off)

@JMichaelTX , I agree with you that "The old design of the Tags View was poor, but this is a disaster for management of a large number of tags." While the number of notes increases, the more number of tags are created, and need the "All Tags" page more.

• Level 5
39 minutes ago, Eweforia said:

I recently upgraded to v6.0.6.1769 when it was announced. As a result, Evernote is now very sluggish and slow. I would like to revert to the previous version but it was an online update that didn't require a download. What are my options? Is there a way to revert? What was the number of the previous version?

Could it be that it still re-indexing your database in background? From the stats we receive here V6 is faster than previous version.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Interesting! What where the top 3 reasons to make you switch?

Thanks for asking.  After dealing with the limitations of EN Notebooks for years, it suddenly occurred to me that EN Tags could be a good model of hierarchical folders, or of what so many users have asked for, hierarchical Notebooks (i.e. sub-notebooks).

I have no doubt that my epiphany was inspired by the posts of many other users who have, previously, found a way to organize their Evernote account using tags.

What made me switch from using Notebooks as my primary organizational element, to using Tags, is this:

1. There is no material difference in using Notebooks vs Tags in organizing and using Evernote to access the Notes
    1. For details, see Comparison of Using Notebooks vs Tags for organization
  2. OTOH, Tags offer a number of advantages over Notebooks
    1. Virtually unlimited number of tags
    2. Can have as many sub-tags (sub-categories, "sub-notebooks") in the tag hierarchy as you like
    3. Can assign multiple tags to the same note
      (so, for example, a computer asset Note can be referenced by both "Business" and "Personal")
  3. It became clear that Evernote was never going to offer full hierarchical Notebooks (sub-notebooks)
  4. Now that EN Win has an option to include all Child tags in searches/filters, then clicking on a tag will show all Notes for that tag (including any Notes with just a Child tag of that tag), just like clicking on a Notebook will show all notes for that Notebook.

IMO, the barrier that many Evernote users face is the terms of "Notebook" vs "Tag", and what those terms might imply.

Actually, they are just LABELS.  Think about this.  If you were to replace the label "Tag" with "Notebook", and keep all the features just the same, would that provide you with what you want?

My answer is YES!  So I have designed what I call "pseudo notebooks" using Tags.  These pseudo notebooks work just as well as actual EN Notebooks for organizational purposes.  You still will need real EN Notebooks for sharing and mobile offline notebooks.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, emerick said:

Right. The first dialog is for deleting a local (unsynchronized) notebook. The second dialog is for deleting a synchronized notebook. I'll clarify the language in the first dialog to point out that the notebook's local, thanks for mentioning this.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Level 5*
On 5/14/2016 at 2:04 PM, Chris_n_Arizona said:

Aha, it only works to display reminders in Snippet or Card view. Top List and Side List views do not display reminders. Thanks keisoko for the helpful tip. That answered my question perfectly.

You can display reminders in list view if you do a reminder search.  You can display remindertime as a column as well.  FWIW.

Notebooks are a unit of storage - if I delete an EN notebook, then it and all the notes in it are deleted. If I delete all the notes in a Notebook I'm left with an empty notebook.  Much like a directory/folder in a file system.

Tags are a means of reference  - if I delete a tag no notes are deleted, if I delete all the notes that reference a tag the tag is deleted, if I remove all the references to a tag the tag is deleted.  Most tagging schemes are likewise ephemeral - i.e. they are created when they're first used and they're deleted when they're no longer used.  It's that characteristic that leads to them being nothing more than a label with a reference count perhaps.

Onenote may not have Evernote's ephemeral tags, but you can set up a keyword vocabularies via keyword notebooks.  And because the keywords are in themselves notes, they can have data, whereas EN tags are a just label.  In ON it's easy to browse from a note into a keyword notebook and establish a link - doing the same thing in EN is awkward and error prone.  With ON keyword notebooks you won't have as many problems with keyword (tag)  proliferation due to misspellings etc.  The phrase 'keyword notebooks' is mine, you wont find it in any ON doco.

I use EN and ON for different purposes, they each have there strengths and weaknesses - eg if I need the notes to be available on Android then I prefer using EN.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lisec said:

That right there is what I've always wanted; one note with saved searches as links. Then when the neighbour comes over I can click on the link and voila - my Santorini pictures from 2013. I don't have to use up space in saved searches, I don't have to remember how I tagged stuff back then, just click on the link in my page and there you go.  PhaseExpress, eh? I'll look into that, but it is definitely something Evernote should add at one point.

I had to create search for the single note to add to the short cut bar to get all notes context (a note on the short cut bar changes context to the notebook of the note).  The PE syntax is below should you give it a go.  Basically, triple click to highlight the line, copy, my version of the find hot key Alt-F, paste and enter.  Activated by Alt-Right Click.  So two clicks to get there.  FYI, if you don't need the left panel open, the magnifying glass works well for displaying often used saved searches..

{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON -count 3}{#CTRL -chars c}{#ALT -chars f}{#CTRL -chars v}{#ENTER}

• Level 5*

Typically I would say your notes would be safe when you downgrade an EN version or two.  I believe the answer is the same going from 6 to 5.9 even though there were some re-indexing steps.  Backup your .exb for sure, just in case, but it i would expect it to work fine.

Interesting thing though before you do it, I have found 6.0 to be faster than 5.9 in searches and everything else.  Is there a particular activity or process that causes EN to slow down?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Stephane Lo said:

This is a big milestone for the team

Congratulations to the team.

1 hour ago, Stephane Lo said:

Of course, this is not the end and there is still a lot to do. For instance, we’ve heard the recent comments on Saved Searches. This was an intentional change to simplify the overall experience. We understand it affected the workflow of many people and are bringing this feature in a hotfix release very soon while we continue exploring how to best evolve saved searches to be relevant for a wider audience.

Out of interest, what exactly was wrong with clicking in the search bar and having your saved searches appear?  Or typing in the search bar to find a search?  Seemed pretty simple and elegant, all in one place: new searches, recent searches and saved searches.  New way kind of makes saved searches not so useful, and the search bar a bit less w/o recent searches, IMO. 

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Cao Yi said:

While the number of notes increases, the more number of tags are created.....

Not necessarily in all use cases. ;)

IAC, I agree 100% that a simpler process to manage tags would be beneficial to some.

• Level 5*

Really hoping the saved searches remake their appearance in the search box drop down soon. It is almost unusable to me as it is now below 60 notebooks and 600+ tags. It is actually faster for me to type in some of my more commonly used saved searches than to scroll.

The one issue I am seeing is that my "styles" are not syncing from one windows machine to another. For example, I made one notebook name purple and bold, but it has not shown up on my other windows pc. This is the same with tags as well. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Archived