New payment plans!

• Level 5
7 hours ago, s2sailor said:

This.  At least charge some minimal amount to cover costs.

Not sure if this is the way. Once you charge, you have all the hazzle of processing payments, claims etc. And you convert users into customers, creating a different legal situation.

I think they need to install a sort of „up or out“ rule. Currently you could run an EN account when in college or university, and keep it until you retire (provided EN will exist long enough) without ever paying a nickel. Since non performing accounts accumulate over time, this gets less and less sustainable as years pass by.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, pkbldr said:

Success! After only 3 days I have an answer for my pricing, in the US, for reactivating my Teams Account. I’m not sure if I’m revealing a proprietary secret but since I’ve agreed to no NDA I think I can disclose that at least my cost is $14.99 per month each if paid monthly, or 12.50 per month paid annually. This was revealed to me via a Personal Conversation in the Forums. When I deactivated I was paying $12 per User, per month for 4 Seats paid monthly. As I see it that’s a $2.50 monthly price increase. Not a big WoW and I certainly believe it is a good value at that new price.

Sadly, in answer to the upgrade of my Personal account being forbidden, I was referred back to Customer Support where I got the original pathetic non-answer.

I’m at a loss for what all the difficulty & secrecy is about but have no experience in the tech industry so….

The pricing you got for teams hasn’t increased since last price increase. It’s the same from when they did the professional plan introduction. That’s when the price for teams was raised as well.

As for the gift subscription, I am in the same boat. I have 7 1/2 years of gift cards on my account right now. I’m not using them but when I do it’s for the personal plan it’s a different system than what it’s going on now that’s why they can’t convert them.

Edited by Sayre Ambrosio
Spelling correction
  • Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, GEBE1 said:

The price of my evernote will increase y 300% In May 2023 !! Without change of the level !! It is un-believable.... I quit

You don't quote any details,  so all I can say is goodbye...  :(

• Haha 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, GEBE1 said:

The price of my evernote will increase y 300% In May 2023 !! Without change of the level !! It is un-believable.... I quit

Welcome to the forums. What type of subscription do you have, and (if you don't mind saying) in what currency do you pay? The new pricing seems to be trying to take account of differences among currencies, but that sounds very extreme.

2 hours ago, dmoor said:

Currently subscribed through the Mac Apple Store at $69.99.

I subscribe directly to Evernote, but on the Mac App store for Evernote listing I see the below prices. I'm guessing these are out-of-date and wouldn't be honored if a new user tried to sign up for a subscription via the Mac app store, but would be worth a try over the $130 price directly to Evernote!

image.png.c0daaf7c0811ab3a6c0a196d2b3e5da4.png

• Level 5

We will see when it updates. The AppStore always handles it badly to have 2 prices at one single time. The price showing for Personal is the one if you renew your running subscription.

We will see what happens early June.

Im still on evernote plus - is that just going to disappear? Ive mainly switched over to apple notes but left my subscription running. Will probably close it if theres a massive jump up tbh.

2 minutes ago, avalon said:

Im still on evernote plus - is that just going to disappear? Ive mainly switched over to apple notes but left my subscription running. Will probably close it if theres a massive jump up tbh.

We don't know so far if the legacy plans will go away and legacy users will be forced down to Free if they don't subscribe to a newer plan -- at least nothing has been announced with regards to that that I have seen.

The original post for this thread was about the new Personal and new Professional subscription plans (2021). (Personal was the same cost as non-discounted Premium, Professional was new and cost more.)

Then, if you haven't seen it already, Evernote raised prices on the legacy Plus and legacy Premium subscriptions last year: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/137413-new-payment-plans

This may actually not have impacted you yet. (?)

Then, Bending Spoons announced an approximate 85% increase to Personal and Professional plans just last week: https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/

In the most latest price increases announcement for Personal and Professional increases, they did not mention legacy plan subscription increases, but I wouldn't be surprised to see those coming.

Also, since Evernote is under new management, anything can happen really. But at least one thing is for sure -- your legacy subscription price has recently gone up or is going up soon (and will perhaps go up even more again).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
48 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

In the most latest price increases announcement for Personal and Professional increases

A couple of complaints have come from 'premium' subscribers,  so I don't know whether the new owners are simplifying things down - previously we had sticker prices,  plus discounted accounts,  plus grandfathered accounts,  plus Basic users...  they seem to be heading for sticker prices only. 

Spoons' Head of Product for Evernote has said that there are no immediate plans to end support for Legacy accounts (my emphasis,  not his) but in coming months I'd expect access to Free accounts to get as unattractive as possible to push users into buying in or moving on.  They're making a big thing about speed and accuracy and supporting millions of connections for free is not helpful to any of that.

I really think it's time to pay up or (at your next renewal) move on.  Personally - I'm staying.  YMMV.

• Like 2

I was on the old Premium plan and upgraded to Professional when it was introduced, I paid £25 more for the portion of my yearly subscription left.  I appear to have dodged the bullet with the latest increase as I am due renewal on 28th May, so I will not be impacted by the increase until next year.  Even with the increase announced, considering the value I obtain from the software, I think it is good value for money.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

We don't know so far if the legacy plans will go away and legacy users will be forced down to Free if they don't subscribe to a newer plan -- at least nothing has been announced with regards to that that I have seen.

The original post for this thread was about the new Personal and new Professional subscription plans (2021). (Personal was the same cost as non-discounted Premium, Professional was new and cost more.)

Then, if you haven't seen it already, Evernote raised prices on the legacy Plus and legacy Premium subscriptions last year: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/137413-new-payment-plans

This may actually not have impacted you yet. (?)

Then, Bending Spoons announced an approximate 85% increase to Personal and Professional plans just last week: https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/

In the most latest price increases announcement for Personal and Professional increases, they did not mention legacy plan subscription increases, but I wouldn't be surprised to see those coming.

Also, since Evernote is under new management, anything can happen really. But at least one thing is for sure -- your legacy subscription price has recently gone up or is going up soon (and will perhaps go up even more again).

Its seems like I havent had a price increase since at least 2020 anyway. 29.99 sterling. Its not due to renew for a while, but for my use case I wouldnt pay more than that. I can do most of what I need on apple notes for free. I just havent really gotten around to moving everything and EN has been useful when I need something cross platform.

15 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

I was on the old Premium plan and upgraded to Professional when it was introduced, I paid £25 more for the portion of my yearly subscription left.  I appear to have dodged the bullet with the latest increase as I am due renewal on 28th May, so I will not be impacted by the increase until next year.  Even with the increase announced, considering the value I obtain from the software, I think it is good value for money.

Yes, if you use it extensively and it adds value, then its probably worth it. For me, not so much. I had a lot of issues with the new version so I mainly moved to apple notes and just kept the subscription going just in case. I expect a lot of people will be like me though - not using it enough to pay a substantial increase, especially while onenote and apple notes are free. 

• Like 2
Just now, avalon said:

Yes, if you use it extensively and it adds value, then its probably worth it. For me, not so much. I had a lot of issues with the new version so I mainly moved to apple notes and just kept the subscription going just in case. I expect a lot of people will be like me though - not using it enough to pay a substantial increase, especially while onenote and apple notes are free. 

Yes, it is an individual choice weighed up against use and value.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2023 at 11:54 AM, avalon said:

The issue is that if you wanted to really get the most out of your OneNote subscription you'll need to either purchase a OneDrive subscription, or one for Microsoft365 (neither are free). The same with Apple Notes, you'll really need either an iCloud+ or an Apple Services bundle (again, neither are free).

Apologies if it seems that I am splitting hairs. Yes, technically both have no cost attached to them, but both are limited to 5 GB of storage, which isn't a whole heck of a lot of storage nowadays.

Edited by macfixer
clarification
  • Like 4
  • Level 5

The discussion is sort of misleading. Usually somebody comparing to ON will have an O365 account already. Most Apple users will have an iCloud subscription, and be it the 50GB plan for 99ct per month.

For me it is really a question of the value of the service itself. If I use features only EN offers in this combination, it creates value. If it is enough is anybody’s own decision.

• Like 3

My 'Personal' subscription will now go from AUD$89 to AUD$160!  WTF! Just because they are keeping up with all other platforms and incprporating a Chat-GPT engine..... I dont see the competition almost doubling prices.

Will be giving serious consideration to ditching this after being a loyal subscriber for many years.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, MarkA76 said:

Just because they are keeping up with all other platforms and incprporating a Chat-GPT engine

<sigh>  It's not 'just because',  it is because a lot of development has happened and is still happening on faster operations,  more collaboration,  and many more features one of which might be an optional AI service.  If you don't want it,  don't use it;  and if the app is now more expensive than it's worth to you,  then please move on. Entirely your choice.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I can understand the sentiment from members suggesting that the complainers move on to something else. I don't  believe it is that simple. There are no comparative apps (at least from what I can see) to Evernote. With a bit of luck (and I wish the new owners years of service with their new baby), a basic module will still be provided for those that cannot justify the expense.

• Level 5

Anybody can complain, but in a case like this it is childish to expect a change of the declared pricing policy. So it really is about paying vs. moving.

When moving the best advise is to know what are the use cases, and which features are necessary to support them. It is not about finding the perfect replacement in general (this doesn’t exist), but the (next) best support for what I need - individually.

If I can’t find this next best solution, it is likely that even for the raised price, EN provides the best value for me.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, seebee said:

With a bit of luck (and I wish the new owners years of service with their new baby), a basic module will still be provided for those that cannot justify the expense.

I can understand that anyone who has been a subscriber but makes limited use of the features will want to continue to use those features without paying for other users who want to use a different set of bells and whistles,  but how many cut-down packages is Evernote supposed to develop?  Each additional option adds complexity and therefore cost that all users have to pay for,  and while I know it's nice to use top-of-the-line services,  you either pay for what you use,  or you find a cheaper version. 

Like everyone,  I'm not a huge fan of the fact that prices are rising,  especially right now;  but I have confidence that Evernote is building a sound basis on which to continue to provide this service for a long time.

The company is in experienced commercial hands and they've made their decision on pricing.  I agree with @PinkElephant - it's pointless to expect revised pricing at this stage.  Either you limit your usage to the Free version,  pay the new rates,  or find somewhere else to store notes.

• Like 2

There are plenty of examples where software companies provide a large range of options with their software subscriptions. It's a matter of knowing your market base. If, as I have read there is a very large percentage of free users, why not get them on board with a basic notetaking model at a basic annual fee. If Evernote value their product they will work out the lines of user's interest levels. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, seebee said:

With a bit of luck (and I wish the new owners years of service with their new baby), a basic module will still be provided for those that cannot justify the expense.

I think that's called Free.

Evernote has a grandfathered/legacy "Plus" plan that was half the cost of the Premium. It allowed for use on unlimited devices and had some higher limits for maximum note sizes. It was perfect for me then, but I eventually upgraded to Personal because I wanted Version History and Tasks.

It seems like they are trying to get as many people to upgrade to Personal as they can from Plus (and legacy discounted Premium) before they don't allow people to renew on those legacy plans any more at all. I think it gets kind of tricky to manage too many different feature sets and we've seen reports in the forum recently where some Plus users' access to a feature has been accidentally turned off and people are getting prompts to upgrade to a "paid" plan when technically they are already on a paid plan.

However, the gap between Free and Personal is even wider now because of the increase in the subscriptions and it seems to me to encourage people to just camp on the Free plan and never upgrade even more than they already did.

I wonder if they shouldn't restrict the Free plan even more in way of features or restrict it to a limited time and then offer a very "Basic" plan for like 1/4 the cost of Personal to get at least some kind of money from them.

I dunno, just 2 cents from the peanut gallery.

• Like 3
  • Level 5
15 hours ago, seebee said:

There are plenty of examples where software companies provide a large range of options with their software subscriptions. It's a matter of knowing your market base. If, as I have read there is a very large percentage of free users, why not get them on board with a basic notetaking model at a basic annual fee. If Evernote value their product they will work out the lines of user's interest levels. 

From what I've seen in the forums, people who find themselves on a "basic notetaking model" at a basic fee often interpret this as "they put the good stuff behind a paywall." It's not a bad idea, but it would not end the complaints.

I was pushed off the legacy plan years ago. It seems odd how they treat customers in different markets. They pushed the price rise to me in February too, rather than May when they said they were doing it for everyone.

• Level 5

There have always been adaptions of prices in local markets - especially those that have less than stable currencies. Furthermore it seems there was a sort of life testing of different price points before the general increase has hit the market. Maybe you are either in the first or in the second group.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:36 PM, gazumped said:

it's pointless to expect revised pricing at this stage.

If they are listening to their customers then it shouldn't be pointless.  Some product price increases in the past have been rolled back due to customer complaints by companies that listen to their customers.  Unfortunately can't find examples at the moment.

I suppose we are lucky that in the takeover the product will still be continued.  There are many cases where a product was eventually dropped after a takeover. A recent case I remember is Drobo.  MacGourmet had wonderful support when it was bought.  Now it is a dead product with no development or development support.

Hope the new owner shows that they are listening and makes changes.  That would show they care about their customers and are willing to work with them which would bode well for the future.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Let me tell a story:

You shovel out a ton of money to make an acquisition. You tell your owners you will increase your own companies value and revenue by managing the take over target better than the pervious management. You have an established user base already on a subscription (the part of the users that counts, I mean), and there are some hurdles to take for everybody trying to swap products.

You start off your tenure by lowering the price.

Your challenge: Find the mistake.

Hint: It's not really THAT hard, just need to skip some illusions.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

or alternatively:

You shovel out a ton of money to make an acquisition. You tell your owners you will increase your own companies value and revenue by managing the take over target better than the pervious management. You have an established user base already on a subscription (the part of the users that counts, I mean), and there are some hurdles to take for everybody trying to swap products.

You start off your tenure by significantly increasing the price.

This is definitely one of those time will tell fables.  😉

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Let me tell a story:

You start off your tenure by lowering the price.

Hint: It's not really THAT hard, just need to skip some illusions.

Buying a company with the only intention of increasing your revenue at the expense of customers may be typical but it alienates customers as shown in this thread.  It can can lower revenues if customers move to other products.  

Lowering the price can be a way of increasing the user base.  Look at all of the offers you see for temporary discounts which go to full price at the next renewal. Think Evernote has done this is the past.  WSJ wanted ~$50 a month to renew my subscription.  I let it expire at which point the offered to renew at ~$7 for 12 months.  At 12 months when they want to up the price again I again let it expire to get the reduced price.  Just isn't worth full price since I only use it a few times a month.

Can't remember an instance (other than cases like above) where a product raises its regular price 85%.  Very bad public relations.

Edited by dmoor
elaboration
  • Like 3
  • Level 5

Buying a company is usually DONE to improve your own well being - not to save the world. OK, some buyers may do different (who said Twitter now ...), but that's only one end of the bell curve.

If raising prices it the best, if lowering prices is the best, you know after doing it. I think the main problem of EN is a too generous Free plan, that makes it attractive to avoid paying for quite some time. I would have personally started my mission there.

But the new owners decided another course - simply expect them to follow down this trail. Everything else would be lunacy (seen from a corporate perspective, not from the users view).

Short version: If you want to lay dry the pond, don't ask the frogs.

• Haha 2
  • Level 5*

Before anyone gets offended,  I'm not replying to anyone in particular here,  just observing the situation...

I'm kinda relying on some basics

1. Bending Spoons built a business with more users than Evernote and eventually were able to purchase a certain note-taking app.  It would seem that they're not totally talentless and stupid.
  2. They will have done their due diligence to justify the purchase and presumably now have a plan for how the next 12-24 months are going to go.
  3. They've decided on their starting conditions,  which we all now know and dislike - but having put in considerable work and some detailed planning to get this far,  they're going to want to let the situation develop for several months to see how their budgeting goes and how many users jump ship -vs- how many new users come on board.
  4. It's a two-way street - lots of users (me included) are going to be watching how well - or otherwise - this goes.
  5. Given the amount of work that's gone into geting this far,  expecting someone to lean in and release a new cheap product at this stage to help 'ease' people into subscribing is like an astronaut chasing across the car park shouting "wait for me!" at a SpaceX launch.  The rocket isn't going to 180 for anyone.
  6. If things go wrong,  there will be changes;  but not now,  not without lots of feedback and investigation.

Actually the best way to protest the increase is to end your subscription as soon as possible and go to the opposition.  Hitting the company in the budget will get some attention. 

Telling some (apparently) pretty smart people that they have this all wrong... won't.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, dmoor said:

Can't remember an instance (other than cases like above) where a product raises its regular price 85%.

Can you remember an instance where the number of product features were increased by a bit more than 85%? Also, do you think they will lose 50% of subscribers by doubling the price? I hardly think so... I'm guessing it'll be 5% as those who subscribe who will find anger at being asked to pay a extra <$100 per year deductible expense. (Don't most subscribers pay apx. the new subscription price for internet each month? ... and I tend to think that's a good guess at the pain point for most subscribers because if you sat me down and asked me, without never using Evernote, what this app should cost I'd say $259 first year and $99 thereafter.)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, spersephone said:

I will be fascinated to see how their subscriber numbers change from last year to the end of this year

You'll also have to be very lucky.  The company has never shared that sort of information.

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

You'll also have to be very lucky.  The company has never shared that sort of information.

Now there is a new company. One of the BendingSpoons' core values is transparency (according to themselves).

The absolute gall of nearly doubling the price, touting all their supposed new features, when the current version can't even perform simple tasks (like moving multiple notes at once on mobile) that the legacy version did years ago.  Not to mention the frequent slowdowns that are still rampant.  If those issues are still present when my subscription is up in September, and I'll be shocked if they aren't, this will be my last year as a paying customer, 2013-2023.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nathan T said:

if they aren't, this will be my last year as a paying customer, 2013-2023.

Who is supposed to see this and what will they do when they do?

If 98% percent like, or better, the product why should they value the 2% approaching demanding 'superior or bust'. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Randy Zeitman said:

Who is supposed to see this and what will they do when they do?

If 98% percent like, or better, the product why should they value the 2% approaching demanding 'superior or bust'. 

What do I care who sees it? I'm frustrated that a product I used to love and still rely on has gotten worse over time, and this is a way to express my frustration. If indeed 98% of Evernote users are happy with the way the product has gone, then I guess yeah, they shouldn't care. I doubt that's the case, but who cares what either of us thinks. Certainly not these bendy spoon folks.

• Like 4

I just found out about the price increase (85% in my case, annually). Got time until January to decide whether I am gonna be staying or leaving after 14 years. I guess most customers are still here because of the hassle to switch. But this stickyness holds up to a point, IMHO. I can remember last time there was an uproar regarding change in plans; I guess not a lot happened. But at some point people might just get pushed a bit too far.

I also had to swallow the lack of a Linux desktop client which is worth of its name.

And I also swallowed the hacks and data breaches over the years (the last one hit me too).

And a period of a few months in 2021 when the Android app was not working at all.

Now I see some supposedly neat things like AI stuff (which might not even be available for linux desktop users?), and I get the feeling that the priorities are not really well assessed.

Realistically speaking, I will start looking again in the later part of the year at One Note and/or Notion or whatever might come up.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.

4 hours ago, Schneckerl said:

I also had to swallow the lack of a Linux desktop client which is worth of its name.

There's a Linux beta which is only a few versions behind the current release;  and the web version works fine on Linux.

And I also swallowed the hacks and data breaches over the years (the last one hit me too).

Please list these - because they're news to me...

And a period of a few months in 2021 when the Android app was not working at all.

Can you provide the ticket number where you reported this?  We should look into your loss of service.

Now I see some supposedly neat things like AI stuff (which might not even be available for linux desktop users?), and I get the feeling that the priorities are not really well assessed.

The 'AI stuff' is already available in the web version.  It's not on general  release in the apps yet.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Nathan T said:

I used to love and still rely on has gotten worse over time

A more constructive way might be to report individual issues to Support,  and/ or to post feature requests so that other users can indicate their support for specific ideas.  The app is different from Legacy - primarily at the request of users - and it's gotten very considerably better over time,  hence me now using at a daily driver for my 30GB database.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Nathan T said:

What do I care who sees it? I'm frustrated that a product I used to love and still rely on has gotten worse over time, and this is a way to express my frustration. If indeed 98% of Evernote users are happy with the way the product has gone, then I guess yeah, they shouldn't care. I doubt that's the case, but who cares what either of us thinks. Certainly not these bendy spoon folks.

I think the case is that the new features are excellent and it's first time in my 40 years of Mac using that I actually feel perfectly ok paying more than $25 for a piece of software. I do indeed think they care about what I say because I want to see more of the same. Let their goal be doubling the features again (to include a highly robust task manager as Things3 and make it $295 .. why not... very happy to pay $1 a day to be 5% more productive. 

But since you say nay I second the idea of relieving frustration by "report individual issues to Support,  and/ or to post feature requests so that other users can indicate their support for specific ideas"

• Like 2
  • Level 5
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

The 'AI stuff' is already available in the web version.  It's not on general  release in the apps yet.

Just to say it has in fact popped into the most recent updates of my Windows and Android apps. Am currently quarantining myself from it (i.e., just not using it--it doesn't do anything if you don't click the button).

• Like 1
18 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.

There's a Linux beta which is only a few versions behind the current release;  and the web version works fine on Linux.

You have a highly polemic and jumpy attitude which is absolutely uncalled for. I can't see whether you're working for EN or are just a very motivated afficionado, but I browsed through your profile, and your interactions would be in a very inappropriate tone, were you an EN employee. Every time I had issues here people were communicating in a very friendly fashion, but there always seem to be exceptions.

I will answer anyway.

I am using the beta and it is not "a few versions behind the current release", it is a different product lacking pertinent functions compared to the Windows version. As for the web version "working fine", that is not the issue, it lacks TONS of functions, there is no point in argueing here and you certainly won't tell me what I need and what i don't need.

Please list these - because they're news to me...

Then google it. There were several news reports about all of those preaches and many threads in the forum here. You are not a serious person.

Can you provide the ticket number where you reported this?  We should look into your loss of service.

Is this an interrogation? There were threads here in this forum, tons of users were discussing this and other issues (like the duplicate problem last year). The issues were both resolved, but only after considerable amount of time.

That was not the point (and no, it's not available for me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Schneckerl said:

You have a highly polemic and jumpy attitude which is absolutely uncalled for

I tend to have little patience with imprecise and unsupported claims like yours.  I'm not an Employee or in any way funded by Evernote - I'm just another user like you.  I don't regard my self as a fanboi - merely a professional IT user. And for the record I'd say that my response to your initial post was simply a list of observations and questions.  If you have any reason to object to my content you may wish to report posts via the 3-dots menu at top right of my posts when it will be reviewed by Forum Moderators.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Nothing was imprecise and I didn't make any "claims". Your impatience is your problem.

The Linux desktop client is not even close to the Windows version, and you try to "convince" me that it's "working fine" (which it does, but doesn't change anything about its inferiority).

There were breaches (not including lastpass, which I didn't use), everyone can google them – and yet I am still a paying customer.

The 2 issues that made EN temporarily almost unusable over the last 2 years (duplicates issue and a disastrous Android update that wasn't fixed for several weeks) are documented in the forum, a ticket wouldn't have helped.

If you are "impatient", just don't answer, instead of giving polemic "advice" to paying customers of the company.

It is also interesting that the same people always show up when a member/customer starts criticizing something, either through denigrating comments (like you here) or in the reactions. Doesn't feel very helpful.

• Level 5

No breaches at EN - only users who think reusing passwords is a good thing, and nobody needs 2FA. Oops, somebody entered my account and stole my crypto. Yes,  because of 1), 2) and 3) crypto keys belong into a cold wallet, never into a cloud service.

Post proof of the opposite if you can.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Schneckerl said:

Nothing was imprecise and I didn't make any "claims". Your impatience is your problem.

I must admit, my understanding of your post was similar to @gazumped.  Unless you see Evernote Staff next to the name we are also fellow users, like you.  Concerning data breaches, are you referring to them in general, like Lastpass, or specifically to Evernote?  There have been many data breaches at other companies that are concerning to all, but specific to Evernote, like @PinkElephant mentioned, I’m not aware of any.  There have been numerous reports in the forums but all have been due to stolen passwords and 2FA not enabled.  None have been due to Evernote’s mishandling of our data.  If you are aware of something specific, please let us know.  We would all be interested in that.

You mention it lacks tons of functions.  Well, a little more detail would be helpful.  Is this in comparison to Legacy, other note apps or what you would like to see included?  Early V10 was a mess but it has gotten significantly better.  Enough so that many of us have switched over from Legacy.  Duplicate notes were a big problem for many but the new sync does appear to have fixed that.  Have you had any recent problems?

Criticism of the product is welcomed and justified, but if other users see inaccuracies or different interpretations, it’s not surprising they will jump in and offer their own comments.

• Like 3

@s2sailor The mentionned user admitted himself he only had "little patience" – as if I was demanding something of him. I was just commenting on the price increase and venting about legitimate issues, most of them in the recent past.

I have explained it wasn't about lastpass. I think this user here sums it up pretty well, ie: even if  

I had a similar situation last year (I now saw several other users did too) end of last October, when I was informed about a login from Armenia on a Windows/Chrome machine (different country, differnt operating system). I could react relatively fast, revoke all access, change PW, but I am still not sure how much of my data was accessed. Maybe I could have asked this question via ticket, even though I guess it wouldn't change much.

Re "functions": I explained twice that I still stayed with EN even though the Linux desktop client (which is still "preview" or "beta") is not even close to what the windows desktop client can do.

I also stated that the duplicate issue and the catastrophical Android update were things of the recent past, but it took few to several weeks to repair. Especially the Android update took almost 2 months if I am not mistaken.

I am under the impression that there are a few users here whose only job is to jump on users (customers in my case) to denigrate them. I haven't encountered this kind of climate very often. The "impatient" fellow was literally answering this when I was mentioning the failed Android update (and lack of quick repair thereof), which was topic of discussion here in this forum, as if he wanted to prove I was making unsubstanciated claims:

On 5/26/2023 at 9:26 AM, Schneckerl said:
On 5/25/2023 at 2:39 PM, gazumped said:

• Level 5*

Yes, those “I’ve been hacked” posts are the ones that I was referring to.  They are the ones that I read with interest because with any cloud service I’m concerned about a data breach.  In those cases somehow their password got out.  We don’t know how.  I suspect that in many cases (maybe all) users have been reusing passwords in their Evernote accounts and that password has been picked up from somewhere else, and they didn’t have 2FA enabled.  In your specific case, did you have 2FA enabled and did your account have a unique password?  If there was a true data breach at Evernote, I think there would be more than a few posts in the forum and the media would be all over it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Schneckerl said:

The mentionned user admitted himself he only had "little patience"

...with unsubstantiated claims,  yes.  So far you've quoted one 3-year old thread and the fact that access to your account was attempted.  Had you mentioned that here, someone would have listed the options available and provided the standard help as @s2sailor has done.

My request for your ticket number was not some sort of 'trap' - we have the means in the forums to escalate unresolved ticket issues to Evernote staff if required.

This help page may also assist you:  What to do if you suspect unauthorized access to your Evernote account

• Like 3
  • Level 5
On 5/25/2023 at 3:23 AM, Schneckerl said:

I just found out about the price increase (85% in my case, annually). Got time until January to decide whether I am gonna be staying or leaving after 14 years. I guess most customers are still here because of the hassle to switch. But this stickyness holds up to a point, IMHO. I can remember last time there was an uproar regarding change in plans; I guess not a lot happened. But at some point people might just get pushed a bit too far.

Realistically speaking, I will start looking again in the later part of the year at One Note and/or Notion or whatever might come up.

I've been trying to figure out where the conversation that the above post started got off the rails. What I'm seeing is an initial post offering a viewpoint from someone with relatively few forum posts that got a response, and then more, from someone, and then from others, who have been around here for years, have seen and often reported real problems, have also seen some false alarms, and definitely have their own points of view. My analysis:

• Whether a client is or is not "worthy of its name" is going to be a matter of opinion. You offered yours, @gazumped offered his, and you disagreed vigorously. But it's still a matter of differing judgments (except for exactly how many version numbers behind the Windows app the Linux beta is, which no one has stated).
  • You referenced hacks and data breaches as if everyone knows or should know about these. To  support this, you later offered a thread from 2 1/2 years ago that has continued almost to this day with reports (generally from people who haven't read through the thread) of hacks that turn out to be caused by poor user security. The 2nd post in that thread admits "I created a lame password due to which my account got hacked starting in August 2020." There's no evidence in any of this that Evernote had done anything wrong that you had to "swallow."
  • The Android app issues in early 2021 were real, judging from this thread, though apparently not universal. I was still on the old Android app at that time, so I can't comment further.
  • The massive rate hike does not seem to you to be justified by Evernote's quality and its development priorities, which don't match what you need.

It looks to me as if everything here but the Android issues are basically matters of opinion and preference. About the price increases, my own opinion (I don't think I'm completely alone) is that Evernote kept prices unrealistically low for several years, so that what should have been an incremental increase became -- dare I say it? -- an excremental one.

The fact that someone disagrees with someone else's opinion, and asks for facts to back up statements, is not rude or aggressive, in my opinion. Saying "just Google it" when there's nothing there for Google to find (meaning a widespread data breach caused by Evernote's negligence) is mere deflection. So can we all just agree to have our opinions (including our opinions about each other) without getting our noses out of joint?

• Like 6

I'm not sure what's going on, but I have had the personal account for a number of years.  I had been paying $69.99USD per year and it was okay, but the platform had been getting very, very slow and I had not seen very many new features coming out so I had been starting to look at other platforms.

But, I just received and email saying that on July 1st (first day after my current annual plan expires), the price will go UP TO $129.00USD Per year!!!   What?  That is ridiculous!  Almost twice the cost??  And, it was vague on the "new features."  

Uh, sorry folks, but I don't play that.  This platform USED to be awesome, but has gotten worse and worse over time - now you want to charge nearly twice as much and have not demonstrated that anything has as of yet been improved!

Uh - Not gonna happen.  I am copying my data off the platform now, and by the July 1 date I'll be on something else, and then goodbye to EverSuck!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Welcome to the forum - and goodbye.

You have every right to take your data and move on. Wish you luck to find a solution that supports your use case as good. If you look at it from an hourly wage, the total yearly price is equivalent to maybe 2-4 hours of saved time per year, for all functions in total. This compared to the alternative you have in mind, not with a zero base view.

For me this balance is clearly positive using EN - but that’s different for everybody.

• Like 1

FYI - starting to look at Joplin as a possible replacement for EN.  They also have a cloud plan that seems to be fairly reasonable - $61.64USD / Year for the Pro tier.  Also, has similar tagging functions as well.  Now, I admit that it doesn't seem as robust (yet) as EN, but that also provides room for improvement, and as long as they listen to their customers requests and prioritize based on what the customers need, this could be a nice platform at a better price.

I have no problem with companies needing to increase pricing every so often, but it should be done very openly, tactfully, and always taking into account the customer's perspective.  If not done well, the company will see a good chunk of it's  customer's slip away...

• Like 2
On 9/1/2021 at 9:03 PM, gazumped said:

If you were a plus or premium subscriber,  you have been grandfathered in.  You need do nothing and your plan will continue with its current features and at the current price.  However if you especially like the new bells and whistles,  you would have to pay to upgrade.  Your choice.

Actually, that's not what this means.  The way I read it, you can't just continue to pay the same price for the "personal account" and still just get the same features from the personal account.  You are being forced to pay to upgrade (or leave the platform altogether).  

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Welcome to the forum - and goodbye.

You have every right to take your data and move on. Wish you luck to find a solution that supports your use case as good. If you look at it from an hourly wage, the total yearly price is equivalent to maybe 2-4 hours of saved time per year, for all functions in total. This compared to the alternative you have in mind, not with a zero base view.

For me this balance is clearly positive using EN - but that’s different for everybody.

I am not saying EN is not worth more than they have been charging.   But buying a company, and soon after doubling the price to the customers that have been loyal to this application for many years is 100% wrong. This is not about the money to me, but it may be for some others.   Some of you have responded with comments equivalent to “don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out”, don’t get it, in my humble opinion.   Again, this is not about the money.  This is about right or wrong.  

The new company, bending knives, or bending forks, or whatever their name is, could have gone about this better.  This is coming from a user that retired at 56.  I 100% believe in capitalism.  But there is right and there is wrong.  This is almost equivalent to predatory pricing.  I don’t know how many users will leave over this, but for the sake of the users that intend to stay, you may want to change your attitude to the paying users that are thinking of leaving.    If enough paying users leave, your voice for EN, will get lower and lower until which time you will be on the pay no mind list of the new owner, and EN will fade away the same as many other apps that overestimated their value and client loyalty.   

Lets hope these new owners start communicating their short and long term plan for the next generation of EN, helping users see the EN light.   

• Level 5

I haven't seen you complain in this forum when prices were flat, but releases and new features were as flat either.

That was when EN was on the brink of going out of the market - something you would have preferred ? It's a fact they were not profitable, with the former cost base and price level. That's the reason the owners sold out. The alternative would have been to fold.

We now have an ongoing technical change (with currently some serious trouble, as it seems), and we have an ongoing merger process. Both are challenging, and both can derail - or open the doors to a better service.

The position to not accept a price raise is plain emotional - that's usually bad advice if you want the best solution for yourself. I don't say it must be EN (far from this), but decisions should be taken with a goal, and knowing the necessary actions and consequences.

So check your use cases, and look for alternatives.

I wouldn't trust anybody who tells it must be this or that (including stay with EN) without knowing your use cases. You must find the app that offers the right set of features, not Mr. Guru-I-know-it-all. And when the features are right, price is a factor, but not the only one.

Can I just add, as harsh as the price increases may be reading the terrible puns in these most recent posts wounds more. Be compassionate people lol, bending forks? Eversuck? My head. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jeffsky said:

I am not saying EN is not worth more than they have been charging.   But buying a company, and soon after doubling the price to the customers that have been loyal to this application for many years is 100% wrong.

Well, I don’t know if it is wrong.  It is their company and they can do what they want, but I do find it a curious business decision.  V10 probably was underpriced but it would have been difficult to justify an increase while they they were working to get it close to feature parity with Legacy.  Raising it some more does make sense to me, but the increase is extreme.  Instead of overly squeezing those already paying, I think they would have been better off going after the free tier and get some nominal fee for that.  Time will tell if they have made the correct decision.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Larry Kelly said:

Actually, that's not what this means.  The way I read it, you can't just continue to pay the same price for the "personal account" and still just get the same features from the personal account.  You are being forced to pay to upgrade (or leave the platform altogether).  

Actually, Gazumped comment was exactly right at the time it was posted. Check out the timestamp of Gazumped's comment that you referenced -- near 18 months before these price changes.

This comment thread has now morphed into something entirely different.

• Like 2
On 6/4/2023 at 4:31 AM, Jeffsky said:

But buying a company, and soon after doubling the price to the customers that have been loyal to this application for many years is 100% wrong.

Again, this is not about the money.  This is about right or wrong. 

Are you saying you had some kind of agreement or understanding with the owners of EN that there would be some kind of limit on price increases for those that stayed on for years because they were 'loyal' to the product ... as though they were employees who 'invested' in the product?

It's not about the money ... it's about right and wrong. Ok, I'll bite. What, apart from the price increase did they do wrong?  How does a company selling a product create some kind of moral agreement between themselves and their 'constituents' ... was having a great capture tool a cause being evangelized by a 501c3?  Did EN ever ask for loyalty? Was there some bonus that one got for being 'committed' to the brand of EN?

You say you "100% believe in capitalism" ... a conventional exchange, correct? ... not anything about some kind of 'paying back a favor' because the customer wasn't just paying for a product they liked, they were somehow 'giving a piece of themselves' to the company ... and they should know it! 

• Level 5

You buy a subscription, you pay, you get the service. When the subscription period is over, you have used the service, and the company has used the money. That's it, no moral dimension.

There are some legal sidetracks, like being able to take your data and leave, or the ability to erase your account without traces if you decide to do so (at least in European law this is the standard).

Beside this, the game renews itself if you do not cancel for the next subscription period.

Neither do I buy a part of the service provider by using its service, nor does the service provider buy the right to handle my data infinitely. It's going from handshake to handshake.

This "but I was soooo loyal" has more to do with yourself (maybe thinking you should have canceled earlier, or not liking the direction the company takes while using your last subscription money for it) than with the contract between yourself and the company. Justifying seemingly bad decisions taken myself by blaming somebody else seems to be human ...

• Like 1

This is a very long thread. I have about a month to make my decision about what to do. Last year, I paid $99 for the year. This year, I am told I must pay $169. The funny thing is that the most important thing I need is better mobile notes support for my iPad mini, e.g. Penultimate, but that product has mostly been abandoned. I wonder why they think such a HUGE price increase is warranted. I might bounce down a level, but at that point, I would be paying about 35% more for less functionality. This could be better. 

No one likes price increases, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to value versus payment cost.  I have a Professional Subscription. Prior to the New Plans, I was on the old Premium Plan and could have remained on it with "Grandfather Rights".  I made the conscious choice to move up to Professional and paid $25 more than I was paying for the portion of my yearly subscription remaining.  I have to say heat although I was not a fan of V10 when it came out, I persevered with it and have to say that the introduction of Home, Calander, Tasks, Widgets Backlinks and other improvements with more planned has made my benefit/costs equation much more favourable.  Realise that this will not be the case for everyone, and we each have to evaluate the balance.

• Like 2
On 5/10/2023 at 3:12 PM, macfixer said:

The issue is that if you wanted to really get the most out of your OneNote subscription you'll need to either purchase a OneDrive subscription, or one for Microsoft365 (neither are free). The same with Apple Notes, you'll really need either an iCloud+ or an Apple Services bundle (again, neither are free).

Apologies if it seems that I am splitting hairs. Yes, technically both have no cost attached to them, but both are limited to 5 GB of storage, which isn't a whole heck of a lot of storage nowadays.

Whilst that is strictly true, most students and a significant % of the working population will have access to 365 via their university/workplace. I have certainly never had to pay a subscription whilst a student or whilst working. I do pay for icloud storage - but the price is minuscule for 200GB. We will have to wait and see how this pans out - my subscription is still affordable for this year but for many it wont be. I already have a few colleagues swap over entirely to apple notes due to the price hike. Quite a few have also jumped to Notion (although I personally find this too complex for my needs). Hopefully they will be left with enough customers to actually keep going over the next few years. Its less about retaining people I would think - its going to be difficult to attract new customers to the platform with such high prices when things like apple notes and one note are constantly improving their offerings for no additional cost. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Which proves hat ? That price has an effect on choice ?

Which proves what ? That there are alternatives ?

What I always point out: First learn your use cases, then check the options, then test your favorite with a selection of your data. Leaving to save money, without knowing what-to, where-to and how-to is a prescription for disaster.

These new rates are unbelievable! Talk about price gouging!!! 42% up in one increase. Bunch of goddamn crooks who can't program effectively but sure no how to ***** on the customers!

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Says who ? 

Ah yes, a user who never complained when prices did not raise, since 2016. Did it ever cross your mind that everything gets more costly, just as a miracle the cost of this service remained flat ?

OK, now you got the answer: First they nearly broke the company by sticking to the unsupportable legacy hodgepodge of clients, then they innovated, but couldn’t turn it into being profitable, and then the former owners decided enough is enough, and sold out.

Not your fault, but do you really expected the new owners to buy into running a charity ?

Everybody of us users can take his data, and move on. Why don’t you refrain from showing bad judgement, and use your wits to find the best alternative for yourself ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Says who ? 

Ah yes, a user who never complained when prices did not raise, since 2016. Did it ever cross your mind that everything gets more costly, just as a miracle the cost of this service remained flat ?

OK, now you got the answer: First they nearly broke the company by sticking to the unsupportable legacy hodgepodge of clients, then they innovated, but couldn’t turn it into being profitable, and then the former owners decided enough is enough, and sold out.

Not your fault, but do you really expected the new owners to buy into running a charity ?

Everybody of us users can take his data, and move on. Why don’t you refrain from showing bad judgement, and use your wits to find the best alternative for yourself ?

They'd have been much smarter to raise the price a few dollars every few years than $15 in one year, just common sense in how you treat your customers. As to looking for an alternative, I don't want to spend the next couple of months moving 800+ notes to another platform while learning something entirely new. They've got people like me over a barrel, and they know it, it's just bad business to make it clear that they could care less about their customers. 

• Level 5

You have the money - you expected a raise every year, it didn’t come, so you tucked it away. Maybe in this old tin box in the cupboards, maybe in your bank account. 

Or didn’t you ?

Doesn‘t matter. They raised the prices, and your options are:

- Stay & pay

- Drop to Free, live with the restrictions 

- Grab your notes and move

The first option may not look attractive, but to be honest: That’s emotional, not rational.

All options should be considered, maybe in a combination. Some suggestions: Switch to monthly, buy time, move. Or go to Free as an archive, start new stuff elsewhere. Or discover the price raise is steep, but the value is good enough.

You can’t influence the other side, but you are free to play your own deck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, salgud said:

They'd have been much smarter to raise the price a few dollars every few years than $15 in one year, just common sense in how you treat your customers. As to looking for an alternative, I don't want to spend the next couple of months moving 800+ notes to another platform while learning something entirely new. They've got people like me over a barrel, and they know it, it's just bad business to make it clear that they could care less about their customers. 

You're going to leave the platform because you got charged $15 instead of $3 each year for five years -- and your complaint is that $15 instead of 'next couple of months' is a bad deal?

"They've got people like me over a barrel, and they know it, it's just bad business to make it clear that they could care less about their customers."

Over a barrel. 

I really would like to know how much you think it cost to acquire EN and take this app to this new strata.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, Randy Zeitman said:

You're going to leave the platform because you got charged $15 instead of $3 each year for five years -- and your complaint is that $15 instead of 'next couple of months' is a bad deal?

"They've got people like me over a barrel, and they know it, it's just bad business to make it clear that they could care less about their customers."

Over a barrel. 

I really would like to know how much you think it cost to acquire EN and take this app to this new strata.

The cost of acquiring EN is largely irrelevant in the pricing structure. There's a relationship between what they can charge,  and the number of paying customers that they can retain (existing) and attract (new). The acquisition price would be driven by the business case developed when they were planning the acquisition, not the other way around.

As to the new strata - time will show whether they intent (and are capable of) taking the service to the new heights that would put it above the competition and attract new customers, or if they intent to engage in a rent-seeking behavior, slowly squeezing those existing customers who are deeply committed to their data accumulated over many years

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Wanderling Reborn said:

slowly squeezing those existing customers who are deeply committed to their data accumulated over many years

I'm 15 years and 61,000 notes in,  but if Evernote does continue to increase prices without adding commensurate value I could (and will) leave completely without too much fuss.  I'm choosing not to because - for the moment - Evernote ticks all the boxes I need,  and while I do take a look at each new competitor as they come up,  none have (so far) had the necessary 'Wow' factor to make me want to make the effort.

Everyone's mileage will vary,  because some just want a shopping list and others are writing the Great (Insert Country Here) novel.  It's a choice everyone needs to make for themselves.  But for the moment Evernote suits my needs completely and (I may have mentioned before) I have other subscriptions that are at the same level or above. 

The new Evernote seems a fairly well managed operation so I'm happy to give them time to get their Guccis under the desk and sort out some of their persistent issues...

I'm here to get stuff done,  so if Evernote won't play for one reason or another,  I'll happily use work-arounds if I need to.  That can't go on forever though...

• Like 3
On 6/5/2023 at 11:33 AM, Randy Zeitman said:

Are you saying you had some kind of agreement or understanding with the owners of EN that there would be some kind of limit on price increases for those that stayed on for years because they were 'loyal' to the product ... as though they were employees who 'invested' in the product?

It's not about the money ... it's about right and wrong. Ok, I'll bite. What, apart from the price increase did they do wrong?  How does a company selling a product create some kind of moral agreement between themselves and their 'constituents' ... was having a great capture tool a cause being evangelized by a 501c3?  Did EN ever ask for loyalty? Was there some bonus that one got for being 'committed' to the brand of EN?

You say you "100% believe in capitalism" ... a conventional exchange, correct? ... not anything about some kind of 'paying back a favor' because the customer wasn't just paying for a product they liked, they were somehow 'giving a piece of themselves' to the company ... and they should know it! 

First, please refrain from responding to any of my messages, in such a condescending negative tone.   If you don’t have anything helpful, or positive to add to this discussion, mute yourself.   Your condescending answer to me and others is not helping anyone change their opinion on this EN topic.   If I was a Bending Spoons employee, I would shut down your account, rather than allow you arrogantly respond to a long term paying customer.   I don’t want EN customers to leave, because it could negatively impact the long term plan for EN.  A company does not stay in business, saying take it or leave it, like you keep saying to frustrated customers.   Healthy companies show empathy for their customers, try to understand their concerns, and sometimes make adjustments and sometimes not.   But they don’t speak in a condescending tone to their paying customers.   You seem to possess zero diplomatic ability to deal with upset customers.  There is a positive way to have these discussions, and you clearly lack this ability.    So, please stop responding with your valueless responses, pushing customers further away from  Evernote!   You are not helping paying customers and you are definitely not helping the new owners of EN! 

• Level 5*

OK people - nothing to see here;  please refrain from abusing each other,  it creates a bad impression and risks posts infringing the https://discussion.evernote.com/guidelines/ being deleted.  If someone is annoying,  you can Report or Ignore their posts - or maybe just scroll on by?

Mostly everyone here is just a user - opinions and rants allowed,  questions and solutions preferred.  If you can't be constructive,  maybe just keep quiet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Jeffsky said:

You seem to possess zero diplomatic ability to deal with upset customers.  There is a positive way to have these discussions, and you clearly lack this ability.    So, please stop responding with your valueless responses, pushing customers further away from  Evernote!   You are not helping paying customers and you are definitely not helping the new owners of EN! 

Ok, I'll be kind and diplomatic.
I am not associated with Evernote.

I simply dislike those who complain about what I feel is minutia when objectively speaking I cannot in my 45 years of computer usage recall anytime a company improved a product so greatly and for such a small sum.

Those who would the position that a piece of bubble gum going up from 1¢ to 3¢, is a 200% increase and amounts to usury, instead of reasoning it's only 2¢ more and doesn't hurt my pocket at all as I buy 10 a month, deserve criticism.

My posts are apparently a poor attempt to promote rational thinking.
So my apologies.

• Like 3

I've used Evernote for 17 years and have 14,600+ notes. I started free, went Premium in 2009, and have been on Premium or Team ever since. But I went back to Personal a couple of years ago because I get no value from any higher tier. I have been a Beta tester and a UX feedback participant. I'm just putting this out there.

I understand price hikes, but Evernote has been stumbling for about 5 years, and fixing their bugs and being acquired doesn't really justify doubling/tripling the price for the basic service.

Especially with their terrible PR announcement messaging:

• "Real-Time Editing"  I rarely share notes, and I don't need to collaborate on them like Google Docs.
  • "Synchronization technology" This has been core to the product since 2007 at least. Fixing your bugs does not qualify as a product enhancement.
  • "AI assistance": WTF no thank you
  • "And more!" : whatever this eventually is may be the only reason to increase the price. But it's TBD. 

In 2021, my annual renewal was $41.99 USD.

In 2022, my annual renewal was $69.99 USD

in 2023, my new renewal will be $129.99 USD

I am not sure how I feel about the price hike for basically fixing the things they broke over the last few years when they switched to a "single code base" in 2018.  But please let me know if there's something I'm not considering. Thanks.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Randy Zeitman said:

Ok, I'll be kind and diplomatic.
I am not associated with Evernote.

My posts are apparently a poor attempt to promote rational thinking.
So my apologies.

Randy, 

Hope its ok, but I took the liberty to only quote part of your last reply.   For the record, this is truly meant as a healthy response, with some humor.  Not trying to incite in any way.   

While I don’t agree with the way you approach folks here, I have a feeling you are a pretty funny guy.   I have a feeling in person, you may be a little more humble.   

Just before your last three words of apology, you are saying the folks that don’t agree with the new owner’s price increase, are not thinking rationally.    You just can’t help yourself, can you?  Come on man, just let it go and let folks vent.  

Customers venting, means they care.   It means we are invested not only financially, but emotionally into the EN, platform.   While customer communication is healthy, and important for the long term health of the supplier, it needs to be two way communication.  Hopefully once the new owners get their hands around all the moving parts, they will view this as an opportunity to not only enhance customer retainment, but an opportunity to re-market EN, to the next generation of users, exponentially growing the user-base, and cross-pollenate their other platform users into EN and vice-versa.  

• Like 1