Issues accessing Evernote Support Channels Read more... ×
Chantal Leonard

New Web Experience Beta now Available

Idea

Hi Folks -

We’re making our new Evernote Web experience available for users to try today.

What makes it so shiny and new you ask?

• We’ve spiffed things up to create more consistent design and interactions across web and other platforms.
  • With the ‘Shared with me’ view, you can now easily see all of the notes and notebooks that have, well, been shared with you. 
  • We’ve done some work under the hood to improve search results, so things will now be ordered by relevance instead of date updated.

Coming soon to a web experience near you: You may be missing reminders and a tags view, but don’t worry; we’re adding functionality to this new world as we go, so some of your favorite features are still to come.

Want in?

• All you have to do is go to ‘Settings’ and click the ‘Use the new web beta’ link. 
  • Give it a spin and then send us any feedback you have by using with ‘Feedback’ button.
  • If the changes aren’t your cup of tea, no worries. You can turn back the clock by navigating to ‘Account’ and clicking on ‘Switch to previous version of Evernote’.

New Web Experience 

image.thumb.png.0d29759571bdcba23b9407c44070cccb.png

• Like 3

26 replies to this idea

15 minutes ago, JoeMD said:

I can't see the link to try the beta out anywhere. Nothing in Settings apart from links to upgrade to Premium. Maybe I'm just being stupid?

On the Settings page, Account Summary tab, you should see "Evernote Web" about 2/3 of the way down, and a link to try out the new stuff (I've already changed over for the moment, so it's different for me)

image.png.f451f335c8d947f15734305af99d5d09.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

All you have to do is go to ‘Settings’ and click the ‘Get the new Evernote Web’ link. 

Hmmm, not seeing the new 'Get the new Evernote Web' link... :( 

Still seeing the "Get Business" link.

Edit: OK, I clicked on "Use the new web beta" link (just different enough that I had doubts), and that seems to have done it. Look, the big '+' is here!! The Notebook view! And... emoji!!

:) 

So, a work in progress. No saved searches. No Spaces yet. We'll see how the searches go....

Hmmm, "any:" searches don't seem to work...

54 minutes ago, jefito said:

Hmmm, not seeing the new 'Get the new Evernote Web' link... :( 

Still seeing the "Get Business" link.

Edit: OK, I clicked on "Use the new web beta" link (just different enough that I had doubts), and that seems to have done it. Look, the big '+' is here!! The Notebook view! And... emoji!!

So, a work in progress. No saved searches. No Spaces yet. We'll see how the searches go....

Hmmm, "any:" searches don't seem to work...

Thanks for catching the typo on the instructions, fixed! 

We're tracking the work for saved searches, and hope to get that in soon. Thanks for passing along early thoughts, keep them coming. 

I switched from Premium Classic to the Beta version to have more possibilities to work with tables, but the notes keep loading and I can't see them

Posted (edited)

Seems to run quickly. very nice.  I don't use the web that often, but for my use case:

1. Not having a notebook drop down in the left panel may be a PITA.  Two clicks to get to a notebook every time.  Didn't notebook view just disappear from Windows (the one with all the notes listed under the notebook, which isn't of much use for large notebooks anyway) which is what this looks like?
  2. Couldn't find a list view of any sort, which is more productive for some of us.
  3. Still can't modify create/update dates.
  4. Notebook specific or note specific are the only shortcuts that appear.
  5. History option failed.
  6. ADDED: Snippet view on the PC displays tags, not so on the new web.

I don't think the above are two out of bounds for "We’ve spiffed things up to create more consistent design and interactions across web and other platforms."  Overall though, looks and performs smoothly.  Thanks.

EDIT:  Added snippet view comment.

Edited by CalS

Hmmn.  Does the new version only work in Google Chrome?  After a couple of false starts I got through to the 'switch to the new Evernote web',  but https://www.evernote.com/client/web#?an=true& gets me here.  I'm logged in to my account,  but the options are to download Evernote or to use Chrome..  I use Firefox...🤔

2018-05-30-17-41-04.thumb.jpg.33384f10aa1c1d75286082e3f479399b.jpg

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Does the new version only work in Google Chrome?  After a couple of false starts I got through to the 'switch to the new Evernote web',  but https://www.evernote.com/client/web#?an=true& gets me here.  I'm logged in to my account,  but the options are to download Evernote or to use Chrome..  I use Firefox...🤔

2018-05-30-17-41-04.thumb.jpg.33384f10aa1c1d75286082e3f479399b.jpg

Just a suggestion, but there are various user agent string "switcher" add-ons that allows you to spoof your string to a site. A note of caution to use at your own risk. 

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher-revived/

• Thanks 1

Am I being really dumb (don't answer that Jeff) - is there a way yet to expand Notebooks in the sidebar?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Metrodon said:

Am I being really dumb (don't answer that Jeff) - is there a way yet to expand Notebooks in the sidebar?

Not that I could find. 

I can't see the link to try the beta out anywhere. Nothing in Settings apart from links to upgrade to Premium. Maybe I'm just being stupid?

14 hours ago, Metrodon said:

Yes, and no.

You click on Notebooks to get a pane with the Stack/Notebook tree. Click on a stack to open/close it, click on a notebook to show/hide its notes. I kinda prefer the stack/notebook tree control to be in the left panel myself, but maybe the coming Spaces have something to do with this change.

23 hours ago, Metrodon said:

Seriously. How do they not get that this is needed.

Notebook stacks and notebooks in the left column. Get with it, Evernote. This is ridiculous.

It's the first public beta....give them a chance.

I just wasn't sure if I was missing something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metrodon said:

It's the first public beta....give them a chance.

I just wasn't sure if I was missing something.

It's the beta of the new version of the UI... but this functionality was absent in the previous version of the UI also. It's not like this is a brand new product or something.

The more I think about it, the more puzzling this is. Even a child could see that the list of notebooks should be there on the left-hand side. Hiding them behind a superfluous icon or menu item makes no sense.

Maybe they're worried about adapting to different screen sizes? But even that doesn't make sense now, with the new design. The column is there... yet you still can't use it to browse your notebooks.

Let's face it, the last Web UI was a cluster....

I'm sure the Notebook list will make it relatively quickly.

Ah, so I was being stupid. Totally didn't see that. Thanks @jefito

EDIT: I hit the link but I'm still seeing the same thing, even after a refresh. Does it take a little while to kick in?

On 6/1/2018 at 6:05 PM, jefito said:

You click on Notebooks to get a pane with the Stack/Notebook tree. 

That's not what I see. No expanding/collapsing stacks, just a list of notebooks each of which may be expand to display a list of notes contained therein.

A 'symbol' marking system with sorting as in Gmail might be useful;  e.g., colored stars, ♦   ♥   ✓   β   Δ   ƒ . 

Two comments:

• I like the Mac UI, so I like this new web UI that mirrors the Mac UI almost perfectly. It's an obvious upgrade from the previous version.
  • I am concerned this new web UI only includes the "Snippet View" for the notes list. I mostly use Evernote for its "Expanded Card View" that I find much easier to parse visually than the usual lists that almost all notes app include. I hope its absence from the web UI does not mean Evernote plans to remove it from the Mac app...

On 5/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

Hi Folks -

We’re making our new Evernote Web experience available for users to try today.

What makes it so shiny and new you ask?

• We’ve spiffed things up to create more consistent design and interactions across web and other platforms.
  • With the ‘Shared with me’ view, you can now easily see all of the notes and notebooks that have, well, been shared with you. 
  • We’ve done some work under the hood to improve search results, so things will now be ordered by relevance instead of date updated.

Coming soon to a web experience near you: You may be missing reminders and a tags view, but don’t worry; we’re adding functionality to this new world as we go, so some of your favorite features are still to come.

Want in?

• All you have to do is go to ‘Settings’ and click the ‘Use the new web beta’ link. 
  • Give it a spin and then send us any feedback you have by using with ‘Feedback’ button.
  • If the changes aren’t your cup of tea, no worries. You can turn back the clock by navigating to ‘Account’ and clicking on ‘Switch to previous version of Evernote’.

New Web Experience 

image.thumb.png.0d29759571bdcba23b9407c44070cccb.png

I miss the button that creates a new note based on a meeting on my calendar. If you could please add that back — or better still, add it to the Mac version as well 😁

14 hours ago, PETStech said:

That's not what I see. No expanding/collapsing stacks, just a list of notebooks each of which may be expand to display a list of notes contained therein.

I click on "Notebooks" in the left panel (the dark one), a pane opens up showing me my stacks and unstacked notebooks. I can click triangle to the left of on a stack to open it and expose its notebooks, or click on the triangle next to a notebook to expose a list of its notes:

image.png.5b7b2db112af0690df1be28e1eebb49d.png

Or click on a notebook's title to open a note list pane with a note pane to the right:

image.png.901b80f00a193812cf266141eb9b4050.png

I tried Evernote Web [beta] again this morning with the link https://www.evernote.com/client/web#?anb=true&amp and still got no stacks and one notebook, Chromecast, with two listings: one indicating (8) notes, the other (0) notes. When I clicked the one with (0), it immediately disappeared and the list of 8 notes appeared under the one with (8).

EvernoteWebBAD.thumb.png.466ff4ce65dea97f0fef52fb80ccb420.png

I tried again later, after clearing caches in the Firefox browser and got what I should get, a listing with stacks.

The principal improvement of the new Evernote Web for me is not the design, but a new scheme of URLs.

I mean, that I can take the link to notebook (like https://www.evernote.com/client/web#?b=7b5657265-5731-4515-bc5a-aww20b8c7ba15 (link to notebook don't real, it's example of URL- adress, but you can see screenshots of real notebooks below)

and use this link somewhere in another place (for examle in browser bookmarks).

As result, i can create an (infinity) multilevel hierarchical structure of my notebooks (or single notes) - see left side of screenshots - hierarchy of bookmarks in Safari browser.

---------------

For Evernote- developers: besides tags we need ability to edit (rename, create, add to favorites) and take a link to Evernote Stacks too.

093656.png

094012.png

My problems are not over.

When I use the same link (https://www.evernote.com/client/web#?anb=true&) for two different accounts, Account Summary for each indicate that I am using the beta version, but only the Plus account renders Notebooks correctly,  i.e., correctly, with Notebooks nested in stacks. However, this Basic account does not render any stacks, instead listing all notebooks in order (e.g., A-Z); and furthermore, lists one notebook (Chromecast) twice, with one indicating correctly (8) notes, the other indicating (0) notes.

ENbeta_BAD2.thumb.png.b54e7aff0eb59ea507b28b63ad9b701d.png

I noted in my earlier post that clearing all FIrefox caches resolved rendering the problem. However, this time I am using the Chrome browser, have signed out/signed in, and cleared all browser settings/cache, to no avail.

This takes forever to load.  I just timed it at two minutes.  The first time I accessed there was a message that it might take a while.  I think this recent log in took longer than that initial load.  The rest of the internet seems to be running just fine.  Switching back to classic.

Great to see that tags are now available in this beta, a great improvement on the previous version, long overdue but looking good.