Legacy vs Current Version

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

14 hours ago, Alan Rew said:

For me, the worst aspect of the new Evernote client for Windows is its apparent fragility. It seems prone to crash at random times, despite my attempts to completely uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller & start afresh.

I've been using the Windows App for nearly a decade now, and I must say, it has been a pretty reliable experience overall. To be honest, I don't remember a single instance of it crashing on me. There was one minor incident where I encountered an issue due to a corrupted database, but that was easily resolved by logging out, checking the box to remove data, and then logging back in. After that, everything worked as expected.

By accident, I've discovered that uninstalling & reinstalling the Google Chrome browser (which was itself quite fragile), as well as the Evernote Windows client, has improved the stability of both of them. I assume there was some sort of conflict between the two - different versions of .dlls perhaps. Worth noting that I haven't installed the Evernote clipper extension in Chrome yet.

I've raised a support ticket for the Windows client. If I find that it is now stable I'll tell Support about my findings.

For what it's worth, I found that the old 'legacy' windows client was quite stable. It's only the new client, starting from a couple of years ago, that has been at all fragile.

• Like 3
On 5/29/2023 at 7:33 PM, CalS said:

The benefit of local notebooks for me was security.  I did not want confidential notes syncing to the cloud. I did however want to search local and synced notebooks in one place (EN) when on my PC.  I did not need to search local notebooks when on mobile.  So legacy EN local notebooks were a great fit for my use case.

Very much this. I use Evernote to keep together all my financial documents (mostly as PDFs). All of those are in a local notebook. Stuff that is not sensitive and/or that I may want on-the-go, will be in my sync'ed cloud notebook. I export and back up my local notebook regularly, since it is not being saved elsewhere.  And since I have been WFH since 1998, I rarely need access to my Evernote elsewhere.  

• Level 5

Yes, just as a friendly reminder you are using unsupported software that has its days counted.

Could be you run some workflows important to you on this platform, and shouldn't procrastinate any longer with solving this problem. If not, just ignore it.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, eddyj said:

Very much this. I use Evernote to keep together all my financial documents (mostly as PDFs). All of those are in a local notebook. Stuff that is not sensitive and/or that I may want on-the-go, will be in my sync'ed cloud notebook. I export and back up my local notebook regularly, since it is not being saved elsewhere.  And since I have been WFH since 1998, I rarely need access to my Evernote elsewhere.  

I think I'm the one who originally asked, out of curiosity, about the ongoing need for Legacy, so thanks. Hope you're able to develop a solution if Legacy goes away.

10 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I think I'm the one who originally asked, out of curiosity, about the ongoing need for Legacy, so thanks. Hope you're able to develop a solution if Legacy goes away.

I hope so too, but I have not found anything that works as well as Evernote. It has been part of my workflow for so long, it is hard to move away.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Yes, just as a friendly reminder you are using unsupported software that has its days counted.

Could be you run some workflows important to you on this platform, and shouldn't procrastinate any longer with solving this problem. If not, just ignore it.

I'd be OK with a reminder once a week. ;) 

Worst case, I wrote myself a custom utility to take the exported notes and save them all to disk, so I am not in any danger of losing my notes and PDFs. I am just tired of the daily reminders.

So I too have succumbed to using the new Version .. Primarily because of the security nag.

What I desperately would like to see that is missing from Legacy version is :

1) Minimise to the system tray (Hide Evernote away until its needed) 

and

2) Default launch a New Note 

I create a new note for every meeting or conference call I attend - so a simple way to create a new note is a basic need

To Have Evernote pinned to the taskbar, click launch, then create new note, then click to launch in a single window  is frustrating 

Anyway - now looking for workarounds 

On 6/12/2023 at 9:24 AM, PinkElephant said:

You are never in danger of loosing anything. All content is saved on the server, readily accessible with v10.

Just take care of local notebooks, if any.

Yes, the local stuff.

15 hours ago, Mike Cul said:

so a simple way to create a new note is a basic need

You don't say what version of EN you are using. On Windows there is a global shortcut to create a new note in it's own window that works whether you are in EN or not. Alt+Ctrl+N. There will be a similar shortcut on the Mac version.

15 hours ago, Mike Cul said:

1) Minimise to the system tray (Hide Evernote away until its needed) 

Don't really understand the issue. If you close EN with the X it is still running in the background and the elephant icon is still in the system tray. You can then right click the system tray icon to open EN or use the global search shortcut (win+shift+F) to open the program again.

• Like 1
On 5/28/2023 at 3:42 PM, allendick said:

The unexpected actions of the software installer in removing the still-useful Legacy version without explicit permission is IMO counter-productive and causes me, and I assume others, to fear the installer and to avoid or consider removing the new app -- or blocking automatic upgrades if we are trialing a current version, which some of us do periodically. 

The new versions are not slightly improved and augmented versions of Legacy. They are new software that imitates, but is different in appearance, stability, and function.

The constantly changing versions offered are a feature-limited imitation of Legacy that lacks essential functionality for some of us, so we rely on Legacy daily. The new versions simply will not do the job for some of us  -- yet.   We keep hoping and periodically visit here for support and insight, not insult.

Pretending that the current version can replace Legacy for many of us s duplicitous at best, and trying to force it on users who rely on smooth and reliable functioning of essential features and removing the useful version by stealth shows disrespect for the user and lack of understanding of the client base.

Changing to new software when I have software that functions perfectly for my needs should be my choice and if the developers think it is important for me to remove the old app, rather to keep it installed for its superior features, they should say why and offer us that as an option.

The very fact that Legacy performs so reliably and well for so many of us without any changes or improvements for over a year now and without constant 'upgrading' like that of the new experimental version is proof that we are not stupid and can see clearly what apparently the developers cannot.

That we are trying the new version is also proof that we open to change an and intend to upgrade whenever we can see that that week's version of the new software is indeed an upgrade, not a downgrade from Legacy.

I said that I find the stealth removal of the best functioning version insulting, and I do. It is.

Many of us visit here to get advice and insight, not to have our intelligence insulted further, so please do not reply to my posts unless you have something useful to contribute.  I seem to recall having had to ask you that before and such comments are why I hesitate to visit or post here.

...my emphasis added above.

At the risk of chiming in where it was not needed... I feel your pain, AllenDick. I *just* reinstalled the "legacy" version of EN and all the problems I was experiencing with the new version install, including but not limited to:  sluggish response; lack of synching of changes made on desktop to server; inability to create a new nested tags; and, missing PDFs, went away, almost immediately. Certainly, or at least most likely, I will discover that clinging to the past and using Legacy will result in several negative side effects. (Hopefully climate change won't be one of them!)  I remain convinced that the upgrade away from Legacy was, for me, a downgrade in performance and effectiveness.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

You don't say what version of EN you are using. On Windows there is a global shortcut to create a new note in it's own window that works whether you are in EN or not. Alt+Ctrl+N. There will be a similar shortcut on the Mac version.

Don't really understand the issue. If you close EN with the X it is still running in the background and the elephant icon is still in the system tray. You can then right click the system tray icon to open EN or use the global search shortcut (win+shift+F) to open the program again.

Thanks Mike P and appreciate the reply.

Couldn't find a global shortcut and that now helps - providing I remember it.👴

Was looking for the Legacy App option to click in the system tray and create new note.

Having said that - somewhere around a recent update/reboot of Windows 11 - I now see that yes - closing Evernote in fact leaves the icon in the system tray AND the option  to create a NEW Note or open Evernote. (This was NOT the behaviour after the original install !)

Am all good now

Only minor annoyance is the SYS tray NEW note option [1] doesn't behave the same as the <Alt+Ctrl+N> [2]

1. launches Evernote and create a new note inside the app

2. launches an empty note in its own window  (this was legacy behaviour) 

evernote1.png

Hey all. Like many of you, I've been struggling with using the new version, but I've been trying to get used to it in case legacy disappears. Just wanted to share a kind of silly solution I've found for one of my major annoyances, which is the waste of screen space in the layout. I want to see as much as possible on-screen and not have to scroll. I hate that you can't customize the fonts, etc.

Anyway, what's working for me is zooming out the view. Now I can see almost as much as before, and it remembers the setting even if I close the program. As I said, silly, but it's making a big difference!

Now if I could do something about the shortcuts being hidden. It's not a shortcut if you have to go find it! 😄

Cheers.

On 6/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, Alan Rew said:

For me, the worst aspect of the new Evernote client for Windows is its apparent fragility. It seems prone to crash at random times, despite my attempts to completely uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller & start afresh.

I hope they can get this sorted out, otherwise I'll have to reluctantly consider another note-based solution.

Could you elaborate on what you mean with "crash"? Thx!

Jumping on the debate here - I used the new version for a few weeks & completely gave up as it was too slow / laggy / unresponsive at times. 

Has the new version gotten rid of such bugs already? 

Also, any way to disable the nag screen on Legacy please? 

• Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, Titus said:

Jumping on the debate here - I used the new version for a few weeks & completely gave up as it was too slow / laggy / unresponsive at times. 

Has the new version gotten rid of such bugs already? 

Also, any way to disable the nag screen on Legacy please? 

There is the current issue generated by the new edit/sync process which is receiving urgent attention. The new sync resolved the delays in syncing but created s ok me additional issues that are slowly being resolved. So now may not be the moment to cross over to the new version. 

However, there is no means to get rid of the nag screen. Legacy is on its way out. The current issues are partly due to trying to support two data structures. Evernote clearly needs Legacy users to make the switch.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, agsteele said:

The new sync resolved the delays in syncing but created s ok me additional issues that are slowly being resolved.

To clarify, they have resolved “some” delays.  Sync delays with tasks are intermittent, but still exist unfortunately.

On 6/18/2023 at 4:07 AM, agsteele said:

However, there is no means to get rid of the nag screen. Legacy is on its way out. The current issues are partly due to trying to support two data structures. Evernote clearly needs Legacy users to make the switch.

If they need to, then kill it already and force the switch (or force some of us totally off).

But for the love of dog, stop the daily nag!

• Like 1
On 6/19/2023 at 7:53 PM, agsteele said:

I guess the answer is switch to V10 and the nag will stop.

As I have said, that is not an option for me. If/when I have to upgrade, I will have to find another solution. But thanks.

I just don't understand thy they think that bugging me every day is going to make me more likely to switch. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
18 minutes ago, eddyj said:

As I have said, that is not an option for me. If/when I have to upgrade, I will have to find another solution. But thanks.

I just don't understand thy they think that bugging me every day is going to make me more likely to switch. 

If you don’t want to switch to V10, that’s fine, but the nag is telling you that the time to switch to something is now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I heard the nag. Message received. I don't need it EVERY DAY! I have had plenty of software reach end of life over the 40 years I have been in the software business. Notification is fine. Nagging a few times after that is fine. Bombarding you every day with the message (which does not even say when it will actually stop working) is way over the top. If one of my guys suggested something like this for a product I worked on, I would kick their asses.

All is is doing is making me want to leave sooner (but since I pay yearly, they have my money already). But I am going to hold out until renewal time, unless they totally shut off this version.

I truly have trouble understanding how anyone could be defending this behavior, I really do.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, eddyj said:

I truly have trouble understanding how anyone could be defending this behavior, I really do.

Defending?  Not at all.  It doesn't matter to me either way.  I've made my peace with V10 a year ago.  I suspect they are ready to pull the plug anytime and are watching metrics to see when the time is right.  When the lights are finally switched off on Legacy it will be a hardship for those that have hung on to the very end and Evernote is using this nagging to encourage and ease migration along instead of having a large disgruntled mob at the end ... IMHO.

Could they have implemented this popup better?  Sure, but I don't expect they will spend any energy at this point to change it.

• Like 3

I wish Evernote updated its Android 9 client to be compatible with the current version, instead of nagging. As it is, I couldn't move on from the Legacy version even if I wanted to  because I don't buy a new phone every couple of years.

• Level 5*
Just now, Don Reba said:

I wish Evernote updated its Android 9 client, instead of nagging. As it is, I couldn't move on from the Legacy version if I wanted to,  because I don't buy a new phone every couple of years.

Android 10,  which supports Evernote 10,  came out 4 years ago...  and the Play Store still offers the Legacy version for older Android users.  Are you being nagged to update,  or to become a subscriber?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Android 10,  which supports Evernote 10,  came out 4 years ago...  and the Play Store still offers the Legacy version for older Android users.  Are you being nagged to update,  or to become a subscriber?

My phone is 5 years young and is giving me no reasons to change it. A few months ago, I asked my wife to start using Evernote, so we could have a shared family notebook. Then we found we couldn't use the notes her desktop made on our phones, so we rolled her back onto Legacy. Now, Legacy nags us every morning.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can have an older phone, it just needs to be supported by the maker. I run EN v10 on an iPad that is nearly 10 years old - but Apple provided it with full iOS updates until last fall, and is still delivering security fixes. Same with an iPhone 6S+, 8 years old. Both run the latest EN clients.

If your phone is 5 years old, and does not get updates, the problem is not with EN, it’s the neglect of your phones vendor. To run EN a phone needs to run Android 10 or iOS 13 as minimum requirements.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

You can have an older phone, it just needs to be supported by the maker. I run EN v10 on an iPad that is nearly 10 years old - but Apple provided it with full iOS updates until last fall, and is still delivering security fixes. Same with an iPhone 6S+, 8 years old. Both run the latest EN clients.

If your phone is 5 years old, and does not get updates, the problem is not with EN, it’s the neglect of your phones vendor. To run EN a phone needs to run Android 10 or iOS 13 as minimum requirements.

The Android market is different from Apple's. About a quarter of Android users are still on version 9 or below: https://9to5google.com/2023/06/02/android-13-june-distribution That's a good proportion of Evernote users who would not be able to update from Legacy.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, I am fully aware of this fact.

The problem is the underlying framework used to run the client will only support Android 10 and above. This is due to resources that the framework draws from AndroidOS to make it work. This is nothing you can easily fix - if you downgrade the frameworks you get a) security risks inherited from the old code base and b) you will not be able to support newer devices with more modern features rooted in the more advanced framework and OS.

EN has had enough problems with the Android client - these issues would not become easier to solve if the span of Android versions would be extended.

So back to the basics: The main problem of Android users is the inability or unwillingness of companies selling new devices to keep them updated for at least a reasonable period of time. Some receive one single OS update, some even get none. They sell the devices cheap, only for then leaving their customers out in the dark when it comes to sustained use.

I really hope that this sort of deception will become unlawful at least here in Europe, forcing companies with bad business practices out of the market. Personally I don't see that EN should spend money on developing software only to fix what the phones vendors refuse to do (and their customers seem to accept). I rather prefer they spend the devs hours on more productive ends.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Don Reba said:

Then we found we couldn't use the notes her desktop made on our phones,

v10 has things like Tasks that don't show up correctly on Android,  but I have a venerable Android phone running Legacy and a new Desktop running v10 and regularly use the phone for reference and input.  What sort if information were you trying to share?

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

v10 has things like Tasks that don't show up correctly on Android,  but I have a venerable Android phone running Legacy and a new Desktop running v10 and regularly use the phone for reference and input.  What sort if information were you trying to share?

Checkboxes were the main issue. For example, we need to use a Legacy desktop client when we want to make a grocery list we can check off in the store.

• Level 5

You can use the checklist formatting - its even better for such lists, because it is easier to sort a checklist than a list build with checkboxes.

Since quite some release cycles you can decide in settings if a list entry will be striked out on checking it as well, or not.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You can use the checklist formatting - its even better for such lists, because it is easier to sort a checklist than a list build with checkboxes.

Since quite some release cycles you can decide in settings if a list entry will be striked out on checking it as well, or not.

Those don't work on Android before 10, as far as I can tell.

• Level 5

No, the new clients will not work on anything below Android 10.

And new data formats introduced with v10 will not show on all legacy clients - these lack the code necessary to make sense out of them.

You can still use checkboxes on v10 - but it is in general not advisable when using a v10 client, because one little tap too much, and they will automatically convert into a checklist.

Various comments about "people on Legacy don't know there's a new version" I would suggest likely is the polar opposite of the actual situation. I suspect if people really do have "Legacy" it is a very deliberate move to avoid v10... Based on the current problems where people are losing data I thing the nag prompts (daily, couple of times a day sometimes?) are INCREDIBLY badly timed and should be stopped... IMHO... YMMV... etc

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Brian Handscomb said:

if people really do have "Legacy" it is a very deliberate move to avoid v10... Based on the current problems

I've seen comments that suggest infrequent (and maybe insufficiently techie) users haven't been aware of the fuss and palava over the past few years and are surprised that a routine update produces a wholly different experience.  I'd guess that those who are aware of the new version tried it out in the early days and (as I did) decided it was unfit for purpose were staying with Legacy for as long as possible. However - things got better...

I sincerely doubt that many took an informed decision that in light of reported issues they could not entrust their precious data to the new version.

Regardless,  there is reason to believe that Legacy will stop in the near(ish) future - either through v10 developments becoming incompatible with the earlier versions,  or because (as are already being reported) user OS's and browsers will no longer support old code. 

Hence the increasingly urgent nags to upgrade.

Given that -at some still unspecified but probably short time- legacy will no longer be available,  your choices to get rid of the nags are to upgrade as suggested,  or find another app.  

v10 is far better now than it was at startup,  and by using it and giving feedback to Evernote n what does,  and does not,  work,  users can help shape the app into a form that's most useful for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5

It is like moving from your family car of 15 years to a new one. Engine is electric now, comfort functions are all over the place, but not where you would expect them, and avoid asking for the price tag. 

You can now nag and rant about anything you dislike or have to search. Or you take it as a discovery tour. Oh, and there is a manual (= help database, YT channel etc.) plus a group of friendly other users to help you out.

Then, after some use you notice that a) your old car feels really old now if you take it out on a Sunday and b) the new car has some tricks available the old one would have never learned.

That's more or less my EN v10 experience, as an early adopter. I had legacy installed side by side for about 2 years, and then skipped it altogether.

• Like 4

I recently received a notification from Evernote while using Legacy, informing me about a new version available. With excitement, I proceeded to update my Evernote, only to discover that it had been upgraded to the Standard version, which was not what I desired. In response, I visited the forum to verify if a new version of Legacy had indeed been released, but to my disappointment, there was no such update.

It is important for the support team to understand that many users, including myself, prefer Legacy over the Standard version. The Standard version often promotes the need for a paid account and suffers from sluggish performance. Instead of pushing users towards the Standard version by stating that Legacy is unsupported and not recommended for obvious reasons, it would be more beneficial if they address the issues within the standard version itself.

Going to roll back to Legacy until Standard is improved!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 3:40 PM, PinkElephant said:

I skipped Windows some years ago, when I went to be self-employed. On Macs since.

Best decision I could have taken.

And yet Evernote has managed to ***** up the Mac version too. Sigh.. Moved to Craft for everything but note clipping, but I still need a tolerable evernote for that.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, mmorris314 said:

And yet Evernote has managed to ***** up the Mac version too.

My issue was the loss of integrated scripting (Applescript) with the v10 product   
I also liked the Legacy local data structure; a folder for each note    
and the Legacy local database could be accessed with an SQL browser

This is a long thread. 

I am on Windows version 6.25.1.9091 (309091).  I have been using Evernote on both Windows and Android constantly.  The way I use the Windows Client is I have a Note opened OUTSIDE of the Application, which is like a web page.  It has links where I drill down or Open another window.

I tried a newer version of Evernote and all Opened NOTES opened inside the application because, presumably, that is how the developer uses Evernote.  I called for help and got the former version of Windows Evernote back.  Whew!

(the way I use Evernote, Evernote takes up less than 1/4 of a screen.  I am doing other things and the Evernote is an assist, sometimes.  The way the Evernote application prefers to run is, what, is there anything else to do but be in Evernote?)

I ALSO have been seeing this upgrade now a couple times a week.  Today, I thought I would bite the bullet and see what's so wonderful here.  The installation will not run because Evernote installation cannot find VMRunTime.dll and MSVCP140.dll

image.png.a947d1fdced113885bcc64f3c06ff35d.png

After reading this thread, I think I missed a bullet.

The ONLY issue, which is not an issue really with the Windows version, is if I plan on accessing a note in Android pretty quickly after Windows note was changed, I need to click on Sync.  That is not hard to do.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Tom Dierkes said:

After reading this thread, I think I missed a bullet.

No,  I think it's getting closer and it has your name on it...

6.25 has been 'deprecated' for a couple of years now - it's no longer supported by Evernote,  and changes in operating systems and browsers (and within Evernote!) may affect your ability to access it.  I hope you have a backup for your notes,  and an exit strategy if you really don't get on with the new version,  because you won't be able to continue using it indefinitely.

If it's any consolation both apps open notes in pretty much the same way,  so how you found a difference I don't know - notes will open within the app or as separate windows as required.

To get the upgrade on Android,  you simply uninstall what you've got and restart the device.  Download and install the latest version from the play store and you'll be up to speed.  (I'm assuming here that you have Android 10 or greater,  otherwise you can just ignore this paragraph - older versions of Android can't run the new app anyway!)

On Windows,  go to Tools>Options>General to check where your EXB database lives,  and close Evernote down.  Find the database and back it up to your desktop just in case,  and then uninstall the existing application via Control Panel.  Download and reinstall from Evernote.com to get the new version.

You'll be able to reinstall a Legacy version if you desperately need to,  but that is a short-term solution you shoudl avoid if you can...

• Like 1

This is "After reading this thread, I think I missed a bullet." 

and I remember the 1st thing I did not like about the upgrade years ago.  I use as little real estate as possible, but now all NOTES have an extra inch at the top taken up for their glorified header area. There is a lot of white space added to ever side (settings are for full window)

Spoke too soon. The 2nd note opened in its own window must have been smarting for the previous comment.  The header is off screen.  Cascade Windows to get at them.

I have lost some links from one evernote to another.  Not all though.  Not sure why.

I can copy the internal App Link of a document, but I can't select my text and use <ctrl>K, nor the new <cmd><alt>K.  <cmd><alt>K does bring up a dialog to paste the the link but then says it cannot find the document.  If I navigate and find the document, then I LOSE my text as it is replaced with the document title. 

I see why I lost some Evernote Links.  I used the Code Blocks.  The Code Blocks lost much of their formatting.  Code Blocks were handy to contain text to a size which worked in Windows AND in Android and helped organize things.  I suppose I can convert Code Blocks to Tables.

I see what it is with the Evernote opening with the header off screen.  If I have ANY Evernote open on the larger monitor in the upper half, then Evernote is going to open any Window Note too high on the laptop.  New habits to remember.  No Evernote in the top half of the right monitor. This would be a BUG.

• Like 1
On 6/30/2023 at 3:17 AM, gazumped said:

I've seen comments that suggest infrequent (and maybe insufficiently techie) users haven't been aware of the fuss and palava over the past few years and are surprised that a routine update produces a wholly different experience.  I'd guess that those who are aware of the new version tried it out in the early days and (as I did) decided it was unfit for purpose were staying with Legacy for as long as possible. However - things got better...

I sincerely doubt that many took an informed decision that in light of reported issues they could not entrust their precious data to the new version.

Regardless,  there is reason to believe that Legacy will stop in the near(ish) future - either through v10 developments becoming incompatible with the earlier versions,  or because (as are already being reported) user OS's and browsers will no longer support old code. 

Hence the increasingly urgent nags to upgrade.

Given that -at some still unspecified but probably short time- legacy will no longer be available,  your choices to get rid of the nags are to upgrade as suggested,  or find another app.  

v10 is far better now than it was at startup,  and by using it and giving feedback to Evernote n what does,  and does not,  work,  users can help shape the app into a form that's most useful for them.

Well, damn. I definitely made my decision on the current version, and it is still completely unfit for my purposes. So, the search for another app begins in earnest. Goodbye Evernote😢, you were once almost everything I needed.

• Like 1

I have been using Evernote since December 17, 2011.  I have a small investment here in notes so I will not be jumping ship.  Not smiling either.

With any upgrade, there are manual things to be done.  Notes to be REFORMATTED.

I had this nasty habit of coloring some of my Evernote links.  Little did I know Evernote wants those links to be the color they assigned.  You can make the linked text bold, but don't change the color or else <ctrl><click> will not open the link in a window.  Also, all the Code Blocks which use any formatting have to be replaced with tables.

When I got into computers we had terminals which were 80x24.  When you were remote, the terminal opened the page in 4 chunks.  So I learned how precious screen space was.  So, yes, the oceans of empty white space all around is NOT a feature to me.  It is an irritant.

Also, if I use <ctrl><click> to open an Evernote, there is NO REASON to open the Application EVERY TIME.  I closed the bulky Application for a reason and I am running out of a smaller Evernote (bigger now because of the whitespace) at the BOTTOM of the right monitor because at the top we get bad behavior.

I must be unique, but I have had over a decade to tune this app.

• Like 1
On 6/30/2023 at 9:26 PM, Raj B. said:

I recently received a notification from Evernote while using Legacy, informing me about a new version available. With excitement, I proceeded to update my Evernote, only to discover that it had been upgraded to the Standard version, which was not what I desired. In response, I visited the forum to verify if a new version of Legacy had indeed been released, but to my disappointment, there was no such update.

It is important for the support team to understand that many users, including myself, prefer Legacy over the Standard version. The Standard version often promotes the need for a paid account and suffers from sluggish performance. Instead of pushing users towards the Standard version by stating that Legacy is unsupported and not recommended for obvious reasons, it would be more beneficial if they address the issues within the standard version itself.

Going to roll back to Legacy until Standard is improved!

Always make sure to double check release notes. The latest one I got when I opened Legacy had it written at the bottom that updating would update to the latest version of Evernote v10.

• Like 2
On 4/28/2023 at 10:11 AM, allendick said:

This morning, I got a nag message to install the latest version, as shown below.

---

Evernote for Windows Release Notes

Hello!

You are working on an old version of Evernote that we stopped actively improving a while ago. We strongly encourage users to move to the new Evernote clients - clients that we are actively building and improving. We have interesting features like collaborative editing being rolled out in the new clients soon! We are also working on some AI powered features which will be supported only on the new clients. Your data will be safely transferred to the new clients upon set up!

To download the new client, click on the ‘Download’ button below.

See you there!

---

I am very happy with the legacy version. I tried the new version many months ago and did not like it at all, and have stuck with the legacy version since.   My needs are basic and I don't need fancy features or a constantly changing software. I don't share in Evernote and just need reliable, unchanging note software.

In my experience, the more that apps are 'improved', the more unpredictable they get and the harder they are to use. The Android app I use only occasionally, but it seems that nothing is ever where I expect it to be. At one time it was simple and just worked. I worry the current Windows version is similarly problematic.

Legacy suits me just fine, but this message alarmed me. Has legacy reached its sunset?   If want to try the current version again, can I do that alongside without losing the ability to revert to Legacy?  Does the web version resemble the Windows version and provide a simulation?  I have not explored it.

Are folks still talking about alternates to Evernote?

I started this topic back on April 28th.  Since then, a number of others have joined in to express their concerns that the new Evernote is not an upgrade, but a substitute development, imitating the original stable feature-packed software. 

Additionally, V10 seems to be in constant beta, lacking essential features, adding new ones we don't want, wasting real-estate, running slow, crashing, losing data, and updating regularly with new versions with new problems (reportedly).

While the original post was about the nags, the p[reponderance of replies seems to be from evangelists justifying the nags and predicting doom for those of us who are long-time paid subscribers and expect some sort of respect.

Personally, I post here very seldom because I really don't need people who don't understand and don't care about our concerns hijacking the thread.

For some, it seems that after trying the series of new versions many have decided that the harms from the 'improvements' in their specific cases are worse than the risk that someday Legacy may stop working.

We have been assured that our data in Legacy, other than local notes, is safe even if our software quits suddenly and unexpectedly after some Windows update or other event, so please respect our decison to take that calculated risk and be helpful where you can or just find another thread to boost V10.

We've tried it and found it unworthy -- so far, but keep hoping.

The nags are counter-productive and discourage adoption, rather than hastening it. 

On 4/28/2023 at 10:11 AM, allendick said:

This morning, I got a nag message to install the latest version, as shown below.

---

Evernote for Windows Release Notes

Hello!

You are working on an old version of Evernote that we stopped actively improving a while ago. We strongly encourage users to move to the new Evernote clients - clients that we are actively building and improving. We have interesting features like collaborative editing being rolled out in the new clients soon! We are also working on some AI powered features which will be supported only on the new clients. Your data will be safely transferred to the new clients upon set up!

To download the new client, click on the ‘Download’ button below.

See you there!

---

I am very happy with the legacy version. I tried the new version many months ago and did not like it at all, and have stuck with the legacy version since.   My needs are basic and I don't need fancy features or a constantly changing software. I don't share in Evernote and just need reliable, unchanging note software.

In my experience, the more that apps are 'improved', the more unpredictable they get and the harder they are to use. The Android app I use only occasionally, but it seems that nothing is ever where I expect it to be. At one time it was simple and just worked. I worry the current Windows version is similarly problematic.

Legacy suits me just fine, but this message alarmed me. Has legacy reached its sunset?   If want to try the current version again, can I do that alongside without losing the ability to revert to Legacy?  Does the web version resemble the Windows version and provide a simulation?  I have not explored it.

Are folks still talking about alternates to Evernote?

I started this topic back on April 28th.  Since then, a number of others have joined in to express their concerns that the new Evernote is not an upgrade, but a substitute development, imitating the original stable feature-packed software. 

Additionally, V10 seems to be in constant beta, lacking essential features, adding new ones we don't want, wasting real-estate, running slow, crashing, losing data, and updating regularly with new versions with new problems (reportedly).

While the original post was about the nags, the p[reponderance of replies seems to be from evangelists justifying the nags and predicting doom for those of us who are long-time paid subscribers and expect some sort of respect.

Personally, I post here very seldom because I really don't appreciate bystanders who don't understand and don't care about our concerns hijacking the thread.

For some of us, after trying the series of new versions periodically, and monitoring progress in development it appears that the harms from the 'improvements' in our specific cases look worse than the risk that someday Legacy may stop working.

We have been assured that our data in Legacy, other than local notes, is safe even if our software quits suddenly and unexpectedly after some Windows update or other event, so please respect our decision to take that calculated risk and be helpful where you can or just find another thread to boost V10.

We've tried V10and found it unworthy -- so far, but keep hoping.

The nags are rude and counter-productive and discourage adoption, rather than hastening it. 

I have not updated the V10 I run side by side for that very reason.  The nags discourage using V10 -- the opposite of the assumed intent.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, allendick said:

We have been assured that our data in Legacy, other than local notes, is safe even if our software quits suddenly and unexpectedly after some Windows update or other event

I believe your data is safe, but you may lose the ability to sync to the server at some point.  Legacy runs with a different sync technology than V10.  They are currently running both but have stated that keeping Legacy going is holding back V10 development and may even be the cause of some of the problems they currently have.  I don't believe running both is a long-term plan.

I think one of Evernote's biggest mistakes was positioning V10 as an upgrade.  It wasn't.  It is a brand new piece of software that mimics the old legacy software in some ways but not in others.  They have gotten them close (IMO) but they will never be the same.  I really empathize with those that love legacy and want to hang on to it, but the decision appears to be either to make your peace with V10 or migrate to another app.

• Like 3

I ended up reinstalling the last Legacy version which worked for me.  The new version was getting me down.  I DID move one "project" out of Evernote to "OneNote" before I tried reinstalling the Legacy version.

I find the Legacy version works like it used to.  Why the stress?

The New Version is out there if I want to go to it.  It appears at this point the Legacy vs New are just user Interfaces to the database for the most part.  New does undo formatting in the Code Block, but those LINKS which were the wrong color and thus BROKEN in the New App, will work again in Legacy.  You can switch back and forth between the apps for broken/working.  :)

So on occasion I get the suggestion to upgrade.  I already did.  It just gives me an opportunity to say "go away".

So I am cool, working in Legacy and now, for one project, in OneNote.

3 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I believe your data is safe, but you may lose the ability to sync to the server at some point.  Legacy runs with a different sync technology than V10.  They are currently running both but have stated that keeping Legacy going is holding back V10 development and may even be the cause of some of the problems they currently have.  I don't believe running both is a long-term plan.

I think one of Evernote's biggest mistakes was positioning V10 as an upgrade.  It wasn't.  It is a brand new piece of software that mimics the old legacy software in some ways but not in others.  They have gotten them close (IMO) but they will never be the same.  I really empathize with those that love legacy and want to hang on to it, but the decision appears to be either to make your peace with V10 or migrate to another app.

Now, that is valuable information.  What we need is a timeline. 

After a while nags and threats get ignored.

They must know. Why not say?

As for the Android app?  Every time I start it up, it is a puzzle.   

I got a new phone and in spite of my sort settings, Evernote decided to sync the oldest first at a glacial pace, not the recent note I really, really needed, right now, but that is a whole other subject.

I hate surprises and EN is full of surprises.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, allendick said:

They must know. Why not say?

I would think that there are several factors involved,  including the company wanting to give everyone fair warning that Legacy will stop working so that the inevitable complaints when it does so can be countered with "we told you to move your data and gave you 2+ years to do that."

Plus Evernote will know how many users are actively connecting with the Legacy client,  and presumably will see that number going down - when they feel a threshold has been passed,  they could cut off the remaining group without too many issues.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
48 minutes ago, allendick said:

That is speculation and , moreover, does not answer a very simple and obvious question.

It is but they have stated they are watching conversion rates.  I suspect they have a date in mind, but would like to do it sooner if the conversion rate hits whatever threshold they have in mind.

26 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I suspect they have a date in mind, but would like to do it sooner

I am very much afraid they do.

I have tried 3 times to put up with V10 on the W10 desktop. I understand why they do what they do.

What I don't understand is why they do it the way they do: cutting out simple functions and not replacing them. As if they wanted to annoy the users.

Why are files still not deleted after import in the import folders? And don't tell me it is hard in the universal app. They just don't care.

Why has the option to save attachments for the selected notes been removed altogether (I got a "workaround" here on the forum: you need to export the selected notes as web-pages, go to the folder where the attached files are stored and move them to the place you need them to be). Why? It used to be a simple click! And don't tell me it is hard in the universal app. They just don't care.

I could add many other examples. But I cannot comprehend why they do this to us. It is not rational.

I know, I get the writing on the wall. Take it or leave it. We shall see if such a grand strategy works out well or not.

I am back to the legacy version, I cannot work with V10. This was my 3rd attempt. I need to recover and try again in a few months.

Or find an alternative. What a pity this is.

• Evernote Expert
11 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Why are files still not deleted after import in the import folders? And don't tell me it is hard in the universal app. They just don't care.

I doubt that it is because people don't care. It is likely that other things have the priority given that it is a really simple task to automate this in the Operating System. Recently the ability to move data to an alternative location arrived.  It has been a requested function that existed in Legacy since the earliest points in v10 development. 'Remove source file' continues to be shown as 'Coming Soon' in the import folder set up so presumably it hasn't been abandoned.

For sure Legacy is on borrowed time. As others have said, we will have to make peace with v10 or have a plan to do something else. Chances are that another application could be an equally large challenge to adopt in the first place.

28 minutes ago, agsteele said:

For sure Legacy is on borrowed time. As others have said, we will have to make peace with v10 or have a plan to do something else. Chances are that another application could be an equally large challenge to adopt in the first place.

That brings us back to the question: "What currently offers a suitable replacement?"  

The current developers do not seem to be of the caliber of the original bunch.   It seems that these days, rather than writing code and compiling, and writing machine language routines as we used to do, software developers these days develop on platforms that may or may not be efficient for purpose, have required functions, or even a predictable future.  (I'm just guessing since I have long since quite writing software or even examining it). 

At any rate I, and others, am uncomfortable with the trajectory that Evernote seems to have chosen. Nothing is predictable or obvious.

What was once and continues to be surprisingly stable and reliable software has become an evolving experiment.  That does not seem to bother some users here, but greatly concerns those of us who have software that serves very well and, unlike the current beta offerings, has not needed any 'improvement' for over a year.  

So, if we want something as good and stable as the original Evernote, where do we go?

17 minutes ago, allendick said:

That brings us back to the question: "What currently offers a suitable replacement?"  

The current developers do not seem to be of the caliber of the original bunch.   It seems that these days, rather than writing code and compiling, and writing machine language routines as we used to do, software developers these days develop on platforms that may or may not be efficient for purpose, have required functions, or even a predictable future.  (I'm just guessing since I have long since quite writing software or even examining it). 

At any rate I, and others, am uncomfortable with the trajectory that Evernote seems to have chosen. Nothing is predictable or obvious.

What was once and continues to be surprisingly stable and reliable software has become an evolving experiment.  That does not seem to bother some users here, but greatly concerns those of us who have software that serves very well and, unlike the current beta offerings, has not needed any 'improvement' for over a year.  

So, if we want something as good and stable as the original Evernote, where do we go?

Well initially it starts with asking what platform you're using. In terms of the number of options, I think there are more options similar to Evernote on Mac OS similar apps than on Windows (Mac OS has DevonThink, Bear). I am a Windows user, so my choices are not the same. Nimbus, Notesnook, OneNote are options (although I have ruled all three out)...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I've posted this before, but I rolled my own at the end of 2121.  For my use case.  A combination of Windows (folders, indexing) for repository, Directory Opus for gateway, MEGA for sync, Workflowy for notes and GTD, Google Sheets for logging (tables in EN parlance), and AutoHotKey for streamlining and integration.  Exported all 56k of my EN notes. 

My data is mine and secure.  I am reasonably insulated from the vagaries of software companies, other than Microsoft.  I think I am as productive as I once was.  I have local notebooks, they are all now.  I don't have to watch a spinning wheel at a PDF displays.  Not everyone's cup of tea for sure. 

End of the day though, it ain't your grandms's EN anymore.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, avevers said:

Well initially it starts with asking what platform you're using. In terms of the number of options, I think there are more options similar to Evernote on Mac OS similar apps than on Windows (Mac OS has DevonThink, Bear). I am a Windows user, so my choices are not the same. Nimbus, Notesnook, OneNote are options (although I have ruled all three out)...

I use Windows on laptops and Android on phones and tablets. I have not been happy with the latest offerings on either platform.

Thanks for pointing out the alternates you have tried.  Although at one time I was deeply involved with software and hardware, at this point I have no interest in anything except identifying good reliable, stable software with a future and sticking with it.  Evernote was exactly that until the change of direction.  

As far as I can see, the issue is upstairs.  Companies are in search of growth and even if the current offering has a large and satisfied user base, the suits are always plotting ways to entice more users and new chargeable features -- even if their base does not want or need the 'enhancements' and even if it inconveniences and alienates their base.

• Evernote Expert
30 minutes ago, allendick said:

I've concluded that the most straightforward alternative to Evernote Legacy, for me, is Evernote v10. 

YMMV

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I've concluded that the most straightforward alternative to Evernote Legacy, for me, is Evernote v10. 

YMMV

That would be ideal, but from what I have seen, I no longer trust the company, due to lack of clear communication, a lack of understanding of the needs of their base for stable, full-featured and predictable software.

I'd use the V10 I have installed and do updates if not for the worry that the installer will try to remove Legacy, which I rely on. 

I did use V10 a few times, but hit the wall too many times when trying to do what is easy and straightforward in Legacy.

I want reliable business software not an adventure game.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, agsteele said:

You choose, of course, the adventure of trying multiple other applications. 

I wish you well.

That's the problem.  We're waiting, using the stable version hoping that the crew will come up with something that is stable and full-featured.

If we knew the drop-dead date, we could plan, but clearly, they do not know themselves, and if they are watching the conversion rate for an indicator, I'm guessing that there is a huge silent number of us who are not getting with the program, including some whales.  Most users don't bother posting here. 

Clearly, the team is underpowered to do the job if they have not completed it by now.  How long have they had?

I gather they are over-tasked and under-resourced. 

This is obviously a management problem.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, allendick said:

Clearly, the team is underpowered to do the job if they have not completed it by now.  How long have they had?

That’s the thing.  I believe it is complete by their standards.  There was never a plan to cover all existing functions in legacy, just most.  There had been a coming soon list that showed which legacy features were still to be implemented.  I haven’t seen one in a while.  What we are seeing now are new features being added instead.  It would be helpful if there was still a list so that legacy holdouts would know what is still coming.  V10 is Evernote and folks need to make their decision based on what it is now, and not what they hope it to be.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Initial V10 was old EN converting to a new code base and leaving some features out at release due to time or complexity or conscious decision.  They started putting some features back without a particular map.  Now there are new owners with their set of priorities.  Without a statement to the contrary one shouldn't assume any missing legacy function is returning.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The focus was never on returning features that were not implemented from legacy. Some came back during the continuous releases, most others didn't. There was a short list of features permanently deprecated when v10 released, and it was said that this list was more to be seen as an orientation than a comprehensive, detailed listing.

A significantly larger effort went into new features, like the new editor (full redesign), Home, Tasks and latest RTE syncing. Plus the clients were nicely aligned and especially mobile was moved much closer at the desktop versions than before (Table handling, Tag nesting). For me it was clear that there was no orchestrated effort to rebuild legacy on a modern code base, as it was not seen as the crucial factor in the survival of the company.

With the new, presumably smaller dev team I think the last chances of a legacy revival are now completely gone. It is looking forward, and BS will for sure position EN fresh and with an additional impulse not oriented on a nitty bitty list of legacy details.

It is take it and move ahead, or switch to an alternative. I would not wait until the lights go off for legacy. This would be inertia, not a personal strategy.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
23 hours ago, allendick said:

For some of us, after trying the series of new versions periodically, and monitoring progress in development it appears that the harms from the 'improvements' in our specific cases look worse than the risk that someday Legacy may stop working.

And, just to make a point that should be obvious but may not be, some of us continued using Legacy for a year or more as v. 10 slowly progressed, and then finally found it to meet our needs and are not looking back. The "improvements" are actual improvements for us. This is not to say that features and ways of working in Legacy are not superior for some people's needs, only that working with v. 10 is a better than acceptable option for others. There's no need for either group to consider the other unreasonable.

• Like 4
On 7/24/2023 at 11:07 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

And, just to make a point that should be obvious but may not be, some of us continued using Legacy for a year or more as v. 10 slowly progressed, and then finally found it to meet our needs and are not looking back. The "improvements" are actual improvements for us. This is not to say that features and ways of working in Legacy are not superior for some people's needs, only that working with v. 10 is a better than acceptable option for others. There's no need for either group to consider the other unreasonable.

Well said @Dave-in-Decatur this exactly mirrors my experience.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Dunno if it's relevant,  but I just got updated to 10.59.5 and I don't see any problems yet - I am pleased to note that the "are you sure?" warnings when opening web pages and local applications are now optional,  and my local files are movable...  still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Dunno if it's relevant,  but I just got updated to 10.59.5 and I don't see any problems yet - I am pleased to note that the "are you sure?" warnings when opening web pages and local applications are now optional,  and my local files are movable...  still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Thanks.  Maybe it is time to take a chance and update V10 again on my Windows 11 machines and take another look. Every time, it is an adventure, so I don't do it too often.  I was please to find that the Android app on my Android 13 phone seems to work well, but the app on my Android 9 phone (a new cheap emergency backup phone) behaved badly.

• Like 1

Hmm.  I just glanced at V10 and it seems it has been updating in the background without bothering me or hassling Legacy.  I checked for updates and see this:

You’re up to date!

Evernote 10.55.2 is currently the newest version available."

Maybe not though, a previous post says
"I just got updated to 10.59.5 "

When I have time to play I'll investigate.
Always an adventure.

28 minutes ago, allendick said:

When I have time to play I'll investigate.

Note that alot of people, myself included, who were reasonably happy with 10.58 are not at all happy with 10.59 - so it's probably not the best version to critically evaluate, assuming things are going to get better again!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Dunno if it's relevant,  but I just got updated to 10.59.5 and I don't see any problems yet

Here's a list of the regression issues I'm experiencing in 10.59.5. Have you already tested this yourself?

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/146555-👉-input-needed-– what-issues-did-you-experience-in-the-last-couple-of-days/?do=findComment&comment=692061

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eric99 said:

Here's a list of the regression issues I'm experiencing in 10.59.5. Have you already tested this yourself?

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/146555-👉-input-needed-– what-issues-did-you-experience-in-the-last-couple-of-days/?do=findComment&comment=692061

WoW!  Thanks for that!  Are you guys on some beta bleeding edge channel, or the stable release channel -- or is everyone a guinea pig with no option?

Talk about having to roll back business software?  Scary!

I knew as soon as I tried it the first time that V10 is experimental, not mission-critical production software ready for serious use and here is the proof.

Like many here, I am a business user, not a willing beta tester and don't spend my days on this site enjoying and discussing the adventure.

For me an Evernote release is either business software or it is not.

Legacy is and obviously V10 is not. 

I am open-minded on this and try V10 every so often, but always go back to the one that is predictable and has never let me down.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, eric99 said:

Have you already tested this yourself?

I'm very sorry to say that having been working with 10.59 all day I have no problem with searches,  new notes or permissions required.  (Win 11,  fast desktop)

There are a couple of oddities,  not least that when I create a new note the whole display blanks... and then comes right back with my empty note;  but nothing catastrophic ...yet.  Maybe I just wasn't hitting it hard enough today - we'll see what happens tomorrow!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I'm very sorry to say that having been working with 10.59 all day I have no problem with searches,  new notes or permissions required.  (Win 11,  fast desktop)

You are truly blessed 😀.  Maybe it is more of an issue with Mac.  Please try importing a file and see if you get multiple copies.  That one (and odd search behavior) was consistent for me as long as the app was open for a while.  On first opening, it would import ok and then later start importing multiple copies.

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

No apologies required but I wish I knew why some people are effected and others aren't. My starter for 10: Click a tag in the sidebar or in the filter. After the first one which often does work, does it then always work first time?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, s2sailor said:

You are truly blessed 😀.  Maybe it is more of an issue with Mac.  Please try importing a file and see if you get multiple copies.  That one (and odd search behavior) was consistent for me as long as the app was open for a while.  On first opening, it would import ok and then later start importing multiple copies.

I was dragging and dropping files into notes yesterday with no issues.  Tried attaching files today - no problems yet...

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

No apologies required but I wish I knew why some people are effected and others aren't. My starter for 10: Click a tag in the sidebar or in the filter. After the first one which often does work, does it then always work first time?

I almost feel left out...   :mellow:

just tried clicking a few tags directly and setting tags as filters.  Both work.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

I was dragging and dropping files into notes yesterday with no issues.  Tried attaching files today - no problems yet...

I almost feel left out...   :mellow:

just tried clicking a few tags directly and setting tags as filters.  Both work.

My problems with 10.59.5 were searching and particularly filtering a search by date, which caused it to display this:-

Crash Message.jpg

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

My problems with 10.59.5 were searching

Searching was my primary problem with 10.59.5 which caused me to roll back.  I'm on a Mac and didn't see any error messages, but in general, search was not working as expected at all.  After 10.59.5 reinstalled itself 😠 I decided to test it again after deleting my local copy.  Search immediately failed again and my problem with multiple copies on import came back as well.  Back to 10.58.8 ... again.

@gazumped 's favorable experience on 10.59.5 is baffling.  I'm starting to think his PC is the only one in Evernote's test bed 😀.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Evernote Expert
7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

@gazumped 's favorable experience on 10.59.5 is baffling.  I'm starting to think his PC is the only one in Evernote's test bed 😀.

No mine is there as well ;)

Actually we had a meeting of Evernote Experts today and in the small unscientifically selected group of users, nobody was having the issues described. That's not to say it isn't an issue - just that it isn't universal. We discussed this at some length this morning and our staff contact was taking it back up the chain today.

She also said that v10.60 is still scheduled for the end of next week and she anticipates it will include bug fixes. I'd guess the early part of the following week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4