Jump to content
Ever Better: Refreshing the Evernote Brand Read more... ×
  • 2
cifip

Evernote v8.0.2 for iOS Released

Idea

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - both positive as well as constructive. We're listening and continue working on fixing critical issues as fast as we can. 8.0 is just the beginning - there will be lots of great updates coming throughout the year, and your feedback is both essential and welcome.

We released Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch v8.0.2 earlier today.

What's fixed in 8.0.2:

  • Fixed our top crasher - related to thumbnail generation in note list snippets
    • This surfaced as crash on launch, crash when scrolling a note list, or crash on search
  • Swiping to delete a newly created empty note will no longer move another note to Trash
  • Audio, ink, & file attachments are now inserted at the cursor position when editing a note
  • PDF annotation (Premium feature) is no longer disabled for some PDFs
  • Zooming in on an image in annotation no longer resets the size of the image on that screen
  • The app UI no longer gets stuck in an odd view when partially swiping back in Settings

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Recommended Posts

  • 0

And it is still a piece of garbage. It still crashes on my iPad Air 2.  I still have unsynced notes on my iPad, so the reinstall "fix" is not an option.  How long is this ***** going to go on? 8.00 crashed. 8.01 crashed. 8.02 crashes. What next Evernote? Is anyone bothering to even test these new releases? Are you unable to duplicate the issue? Have you considered sending out a private beta of a new version to some of us who are experiencing this issue? (I know for fact as an iPad developer that is possible to do.)  Seriously your reputation is getting severely tarnished on is fiasco. And no one seems to be listening.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

iPhone 6: EN crashes on startup on all new versions v8.0.0 + v8.0.1 + v8.0.2
(unable to use it on my iPhone)

What i think:
* EN is a great concept and i haven't found anything that measures up to it (Onenote, DEVONthink, Dropbox Paper, Quip, Bear, ...)
* BUT, the editor is full of bugs (EN iOS and EN macOS)
* I do feel like i am a Beta-Tester (which i don't want to be when i'm paying for my tools)
* I do not care about paying $60/year for a great product, but those bugs make a great concept a frustrating experience :(

PLEASE improve your testing!!!
(some minor bugs are ok, but not with every release - and right now EN iOS v8 is absolutely unusable on iPhone 6)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I have the same issue on my iPad version of EN and some unsynced notes.  How I can fix this problem without losing my notes?  I don't think that reinstall EN will be possible.  I have a iOS backup.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This update does not resolve issue where you cannot select a note after using search from notes tab.

 

I wouldn't bother. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, APaula said:

I have the same issue on my iPad version of EN and some unsynced notes.  How I can fix this problem without losing my notes?  I don't think that reinstall EN will be possible.  I have a iOS backup.

If you have notes that refuse to sync, you'll need to export them to an ENEX file and then import them on a PC or Mac client.

Select the note in iOS, then the SHare icon, then export the note. It will open up an email box. Send it to yourself, save the ENEX file to your PC/Mac, and import with that client.

Then you can uninstall/reinstall on your iPad to clean up that database. The imported notes on your PC/Mac will come back down. You may have to move them from a "local notebook" on the PC/Mac called Imported Notes to a real notebook that is synchronized.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
37 minutes ago, EdH said:

If you have notes that refuse to sync, you'll need to export them to an ENEX file and then import them on a PC or Mac client.

Select the note in iOS, then the SHare icon, then export the note. It will open up an email box. Send it to yourself, save the ENEX file to your PC/Mac, and import with that client.

Then you can uninstall/reinstall on your iPad to clean up that database. The imported notes on your PC/Mac will come back down. You may have to move them from a "local notebook" on the PC/Mac called Imported Notes to a real notebook that is synchronized.

I have the same issue - important notes on my iPad not synced with the server and the app still crashing at launch even after 8.0.2 update. Please urgent help needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, CireF said:

I have the same issue - important notes on my iPad not synced with the server and the app still crashing at launch even after 8.0.2 update. Please urgent help needed. 

then contact Evernote help directly via the links in my sig.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

iPhone 6s : EN 8.0.2 still crashes on launch. It's been a week and that's the third version. ARE YOU SERIOUS. 
 

As a long time paying Premium user who relies heavily on EN in my business and personal activities I think this mess is downright insulting.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Ever since the update on iOS, The searched terms are no longer highlighted inside the notes. For example, you look for a word, evernote will show which notes has those words but will not take you to those searched words once you open the notes. I use it for a lot of important management and I cannot seem to reach the searched word in a large note. Is this a bug or a feature lost.

Much appreciated your help

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hello. I am just updated to version 8.0.2. It is still crashes at startup. This issue not fixed

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I also cannot access my notes because 8.0.2 on iPad crashes. I plan to access my notes at a library where I do not have access to a computer for the desktop version. This is most annoying. I hope it is fixed this week as the cost of flying from Australia to the USA to do research and not being to easily access my notes is totally not acceptable. I have the paid for version not free. Evernote should revert to an earlier version that works. So what if new features are great. They are non existent if you can't use Evernote.  Not happy !!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Sadly, since version 8.0 was released evernote crashes on opening every time on my Ipad mini and later releases have not solved the problem, nor has restarting the tablet.  I cannot access evernote on the ipad to get to the activity log.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, osya said:

Hello. I am just updated to version 8.0.2. It is still crashes at startup. This issue not fixed

Someday I'll learn to come to the forum BEFORE I update. Evernote v8.0.2 crashes on startup in iPhone (even after restarting). Aaaargh!!!

I really thought EN learned it's lesson with the new-version debacle from a few years ago >> First >> Do no Harm ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, RL7836 said:

Someday I'll learn to come to the forum BEFORE I update.

Checking for feedback is a good idea; also a rule of thumb is to hold back from n.0.0 releases
My group also uses a guinea pig (me) to test releases before rolling out company wide

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

In 8.0.2 I'm still not seeing a way to sort reminders by due date.  It seems like they sort by updated date.  Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

In 8.0.2 I'm still not seeing a way to sort reminders by due date.  It seems like they sort by updated date.  Am I missing something?

Nope. You aren't missing anything. 8.x cannot sort by reminder date, so that new reminder you set for 2020 to remind you about your drivers license renewal will be above the reminder due last week you missed because you weren't staring at your computer waiting for the popup toast for the 5 seconds it was visible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-01-23 at 8:07 AM, s2sailor said:

In 8.0.2 I'm still not seeing a way to sort reminders by due date.  It seems like they sort by updated date.  Am I missing something?

edited: Clicking on Reminders instead of the clock icon shows the notes in due date seq

No special sort sequence for reminders, just the standard title/date options
We don't know if this was intended, or will be rectified

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, EdH said:

missed because you weren't staring at your computer waiting for the popup toast for the 5 seconds it was visible.

Yeah, I have a beef about that too.  Why oh why can't they make that popup persistent, or at least an option to make that persistent...?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

How is it possible, that a software company publishes something that crashes on startup.

and then, 8.0.1 again.

and then 8.0.2 still

Start to look as 'has been'.

viva Microsoft Word.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

8.0.2 crashes on my iPad with the same 100% reliability as 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. Yes I restarted it. Yes to all the other empty tech support knee-jerk suggestions. It's CLEARLY not a user error.

Six plus years with Evernote. Premium. Losing confidence. Each failed release just makes it worse. 

More failure is unacceptable. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

No special sort sequence for reminders, just the standard title/date options
We don't know if this was intended, or will be rectified

If I understand Amanda's response from another thread, then it looks like it should be in there so hopefully this will make into a release soon.

On 1/17/2017 at 0:45 PM, amanda_h said:

Note: To view a list of reminder notes sorted with overdue and upcoming notes first, tap the notebook name, then select ‘Reminders’ from the notebook list.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, iamhondo said:

More failure is unacceptable

Gee, they should just shut down then  ^_^

I don't like things failing, or features dropped that I need.
Its important to protect yourself from this.
Before you upgrade, read the reviews; hold back if there are stability problems; don't upgrade if you need dropped features
Implement a backup process

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Gee, they should just shut down then

I don't like things failing, or features dropped that I need.
Its important to protect yourself from this.
Before you upgrade, read the reviews; hold back if there are stability problems; don't upgrade if you need dropped features
Implement a backup process

I think that's especially true for any app that's essential to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-01-23 at 8:12 AM, EdH said:

Nope. You aren't missing anything. 8.x cannot sort by reminder date, so that new reminder you set for 2020 to remind you about your drivers license renewal will be above the reminder due last week you missed because you weren't staring at your computer waiting for the popup toast for the 5 seconds it was visible.

There's a popup? :) (I must have blinked)

Hopefully sort sequence will get restored
edited: Clicking on Reminders instead of the clock icon shows the notes in due date seq

There's also the reminder email thing

I also sync my reminders to my calendar - I use a service by Cronofy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I just updated to 8.0.2 on my iPad 3 (MD330LL/A) running iOS 9.3.5.  8.0.1 worked fine.  8.0.2 crashes on startup.  Please do something to fix this ASAP!!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
19 minutes ago, jim.g said:

I think that's especially true for any app that's essential to you.

I'm also paranoid about my devices.  That's why I like Evernote - synced to other devices and the web platform

I also have a backup of my notes on a cloud drive

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Note: To view a list of reminder notes sorted with overdue and upcoming notes first, tap the notebook name, then select ‘Reminders’ from the notebook list.

Amanda_h's instructions don't work for me. I just see reminders in a seemingly random order. I am sure it is in order updated or created, or sorted temperature of the day when I set the reminder, or something...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The interface for Evernote 8 on the iPad looks like a bug. Seriously. The black bar bisecting the "T-Mobile" at the top of the screen is extremely bad design. A simple fix: carry the thin strip of white across to make that readable.

WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO REMOVE PRESENT??? I use this ALL THE TIME in meetings and when I need to speak and am using evernote as my notes. I am honestly baffled as to what I will do from here. Telling me it works on the mac is the funniest comment ever. Excuse me while I drag my computer to the front of the room, plug it in, fire it up, and then hold it's entire bulk in my hands to speak from...

Search is now utterly useless since I can't select anything. I keep many documents in evernote that I need to access in meetings etc. I find them by a quick search. Now I can't select them or use them, making evernote almost useless to me.

In one update Evernote has literally gone from my most useful app to something I am considering deleting and cancelling. 

To recap:

     (1) The interface across the top on the iPad looks like a mistake

     (2) Many of us use present frequently. Removing it from IOS is unacceptable. 

     (3) Search doesn't work.

     (4) This makes Evernote useless. 

Joel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, iamhondo said:

8.0.2 crashes on my iPad with the same 100% reliability as 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. Yes I restarted it. Yes to all the other empty tech support knee-jerk suggestions. It's CLEARLY not a user error.

Six plus years with Evernote. Premium. Losing confidence. Each failed release just makes it worse. 

More failure is unacceptable. 

 

i have had no crashes on ipad, just to drop here...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Drexler Mathias said:

i have had no crashes on ipad, just to drop here...

I haven't either, but I'm running on a test machine
There is no way I'm upgrading my work devices while users are reporting these failures

When you're surrounded by smoke, think fire

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, jim.g said:

I think that's especially true for any app that's essential to you.

That is fairly unrealistic on an iOS device where upgrades are easy to do by just tapping "Update All", or if you get a new device, you cannot get the old version even if you had avoided upgrading on your old iOS device.

It is not impossible, but it isn't like on your PC or Mac you just keep an old installer around if things get borked.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, EdH said:

Amanda_h's instructions don't work for me. I just see reminders in a seemingly random order. I am sure it is in order updated or created, or sorted temperature of the day when I set the reminder, or something...

Doesn't work for me either, but I am hopeful that (maybe) this is still coming.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

In the last update of Evernote is a bug. I can use Evernote on 2 devices. So I chose my Android and my iPad. But my Evernote is being recognised on an iPhone, which I do not poses. Then I make my choice of Android and iPad. The device I have been recognised on, an iPhone is in reality my iPad. So Evernote closes down my iPad account. This is not all! for if I want to react by writing the community I must first open my laptop, as I cannot react on an iPad. Then I have 3 devices, so one of the other accounts is being closed.

Please Evernote.

I have no iPhone. Repair the interface, so I can work on my iPad again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Mette10 said:

In the last update of Evernote is a bug. I can use Evernote on 2 devices. So I chose my Android and my iPad. But my Evernote is being recognised on an iPhone, which I do not poses. Then I make my choice of Android and iPad. The device I have been recognised on, an iPhone is in reality my iPad. So Evernote closes down my iPad account. This is not all! for if I want to react by writing the community I must first open my laptop, as I cannot react on an iPad. Then I have 3 devices, so one of the other accounts is being closed.

Please Evernote.

I have no iPhone. Repair the interface, so I can work on my iPad again.

  1. Log into the web for your account
  2. click on your account avatar in the lower left
  3. click settings
  4. click devices
  5. revoke access to the iphone

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hello: I am sorry to write here, but I do not know how to create a new entry in this forum...

The evernote app for Mac is NOT working

It is giving me trouble since 2 days ago

I uninstalled  the app, took it to the bin can, downloaded it again and then  I installed again but it just does not work... I never could login again in my computer...

I though I was mistaken with the password but I can login without issue on the web

So, can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, EdH said:

If you have notes that refuse to sync, you'll need to export them to an ENEX file and then import them on a PC or Mac client.

Select the note in iOS, then the SHare icon, then export the note. It will open up an email box. Send it to yourself, save the ENEX file to your PC/Mac, and import with that client.

Then you can uninstall/reinstall on your iPad to clean up that database. The imported notes on your PC/Mac will come back down. You may have to move them from a "local notebook" on the PC/Mac called Imported Notes to a real notebook that is synchronized.

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately this is not an option as EV is no longer opening on my iPad since it was automatically updated.  I really hope they release a new version that works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, APaula said:

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately this is not an option as EV is no longer opening on my iPad since it was automatically updated.  I really hope they release a new version that works.

The new version of EN still has this same export feature, and it should still have any unsync'd notes unless you uninstalled/reinstalled at any point.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I've not seen it mentioned here yet but previews of notes no longer contain audio, sketch or attached files, they only show title, body text and photos. This is a major problem for me as there is no way of knowing which notes contain them without going through and opening each note individually. I need to refer quickly between notes containing such items but since the update this does not appear to be possible.

Another issue I've noticed which presents potential security issues is that when the app first opens, there's a delay before the password screen comes up which is long enough for notes to be read or screen captured.
 
I would also like to reiterate something which has already been noted (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/103418-grid-view-missing/?do=findComment&comment=449347). The grid view is essential and must be restored to have an adequate overview of notes.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The app is speedy on my iPhone but it takes several seconds for a note to appear when I select it on my iPad Pro. I hope they can fix the rendering of notes soon because this is very sluggish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, santiagorios@milpalabras.c said:

Hello: I am sorry to write here, but I do not know how to create a new entry in this forum...

The evernote app for Mac is NOT working

We can give you some suggestions but not here - you have to post in the Mac forum

At the top right side, you'll see a link for Start New Topic

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm also paranoid about my devices.  That's why I like Evernote - synced to other devices and the web platform

I also have a backup of my notes on a cloud drive

Do you mind sharing what type of back up do you use? .ENEX? 

 

Thanks


Sev

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-01-23 at 7:37 PM, frenchpixie said:

Do you mind sharing what type of back up do you use? .ENEX? 

I use HTML format for my backups, with a weekly full .ENEX (only on version)

ENEX has very limited use - import to Evernote.  You can't simply look at your notes

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I use HTML format for my backups

ENEX has very limited use - import to Evernote.  You can't simply look at your notes

 

Gotcha. Good point. My goal this week is to clean up my 2000 notes and back up so this is a great idea! Thanks. 

Sev

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Horrible update AGAIN... Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade the app (yet). Are you looking for some good reason to lose subscribers? Ask for advice to the "geniuses" of the marketing sector and the "geniuses" of Evernote project managers ...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 hours ago, iamhondo said:

8.0.2 crashes on my iPad with the same 100% reliability as 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. Yes I restarted it. Yes to all the other empty tech support knee-jerk suggestions. It's CLEARLY not a user error.

Six plus years with Evernote. Premium. Losing confidence. Each failed release just makes it worse. 

More failure is unacceptable. 

 

I agree completely, loosing confidence. One would think a product is getting more and more sophisticated from update to update. EN is unfortunately going the opposite way

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Since the latest update evernote crashes on startup on my ipad every time. This is particularly annoying as I had been out of internet contact and had some important work unsaved onto my other devices. Really disappointed and frustrated

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Whilst I'm not seeing the most severe problems which are being reported, I'm dismayed by the general updates to the app and only now realising what's missing / been changed. I will try to revert to the last version of 7 but I think I'll also be seriously considering cancelling my premium account and adopting an alternative...I'm tired of organisations which adopt the 'we know better than you' attitude and refuse to admit when they've made a serious mistake...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Doesn't work for me either, but I am hopeful that (maybe) this is still coming.

Not sure what I'm doing differently.
I simply click on Reminders in the drop down and get ALL of my reminders sorted by Reminder Date.
Reminders with no dates are sorted at the end.
I'm not able to change the order to make it descending or anything.  We still need that functionality.

 

 

IMG_3118.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bug

Several of my Shortcuts are Saved Searches.  I'm not seeing a note count on them.
Take for example this Shortcut/Saved Search.
Behind the scenes it is simply running the query: tag:"bill" updated:month-6

 

IMG_3117.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
16 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

Not sure what I'm doing differently.
I simply click on Reminders in the drop down and get ALL of my reminders sorted by Reminder Date.
Reminders with no dates are sorted at the end.
I'm not able to change the order to make it descending or anything.  We still need that functionality.

You're right, click on Reminders and they are sorted by due date

I've  been clicking on the clock icon

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
32 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

Not sure what I'm doing differently.
I simply click on Reminders in the drop down and get ALL of my reminders sorted by Reminder Date.
Reminders with no dates are sorted at the end.
I'm not able to change the order to make it descending or anything.  We still need that functionality.

Right you are!  I was in All Notes and clicking on the reminder icon instead.  Though, I would think that both actions should do the same thing.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It feels completely random and ambiguous though.  I only knew that because I saw someone from Evernote post it here in the forums.

The best way I can describe it is that the Clock in the note list is basically a filter.  All it does is show you the Reminders in your current context.  Whatever note list you are in with whatever sorting is currently applied.  Clicking on the Reminders in the drop down appears to be an entirely differently view with its own sorting algorithm.

This is one area in particular where I feel like V7 nailed it.  The implementation made sense and worked as expected.  Not trying to be a jerk but this new implementation feels like two steps back in regards to that.  It's like having a beautiful vase on the mantle, breaking it, and then trying to put it back together in a new way.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
26 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

This is one area in particular where I feel like V7 nailed it

V7 also had "Reminders", in big letters.  
I got distracted by the new clock icon - as you said, its just a filter

I actually like the new version.  
I rarely used the reminder section before and like it being out of my home window

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It appears that MANY people are suddenly having problems with Evernote crashing on iPad.  I am one as well, though for now it still works on my iPhone.  Please fix this right away!!!  It used to be so reliable.  Very disappointing - and annoying!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Please bring back the option to save the back of a business card. That's a feature I used frequently and it's annoying that it's gone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 

12 minutes ago, RBeadle said:

Please bring back the option to save the back of a business card. That's a feature I used frequently and it's annoying that it's gone.

Here is a workaround:

Scan the back of the card into EN. Merge the business card note and the scanned back of card note.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 minutes ago, RBeadle said:

Please bring back the option to save the back of a business card. That's a feature I used frequently and it's annoying that it's gone.

While I agree - hate it when features are removed - have you looked at Scannable? It is an Evernote product for your phone and I much prefer to scan into Scannable that then punts it into my Evernote account. I never scan business cards, but it has a business card setting, so it may still do front/back. I've never tied that, but I figure the business card setting is there for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
19 minutes ago, EdH said:

While I agree - hate it when features are removed - have you looked at Scannable? It is an Evernote product for your phone and I much prefer to scan into Scannable that then punts it into my Evernote account. I never scan business cards, but it has a business card setting, so it may still do front/back. I've never tied that, but I figure the business card setting is there for some reason.

I had forgotten about Scannable as I normally use Scanbot, but I just took a look at it. While it does have a business card setting, it appears it works the same as the scanner built into the iOS app in that you can't auto-add the back of the card in with the front. Bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
33 minutes ago, jim.g said:

I had forgotten about Scannable as I normally use Scanbot, but I just took a look at it. While it does have a business card setting, it appears it works the same as the scanner built into the iOS app in that you can't auto-add the back of the card in with the front. Bummer.

Uhm... ok. That is a shame.

I use it for scanning documents and in that mode, it lets me scan front/back and as many pages as I want before I hit the save checkmark, then it puts it all into a single PDF for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

"Conflicting modifications"

  1. These are synchronization failures. I typically have Windows 10 and iOS clients open. My daily work notes are made to a single note on the iOS client. Two days running now, by the end of the day the note has lost edits and displays "Conflicting modifications" on both clients.
  2. There doesn't seem to be a damn thing you can do about it! There used to be a folder where you could find the conflicting versions of the note to manually recover the situation. Can't find anything on either client relevant to fixing conflicts.

General feedback: As a long time user (since the beginning), I'm really frustrated by your apparent lack of care to preserve functionality and protect data integrity. Loyalty only lasts so long...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
27 minutes ago, Tone Engel said:

"Conflicting modifications"

This isn't pertinent to the release and we should be discussing this in a new topic

The conventional answer to preventing conflicts is to make sure you sync on both devices when switching to a new device.  This is  particularly important when you're updating the same note

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks for a great app. The feature to add a scanned business card to the contacts in my iphone seems to have disappeared in the latest version 8.0.2 of the iOS app. Has it moved somewhere and it's just me not finding it, or have you removed it? Can you please help or bring back the feature? Thanks. Martin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

What happened to sort by relevance? The iOS app has really lost its utility for me without that. Sorting by date created / updated just doesn't work for me. I'm having to update my old notes so that they can be searched easier.

I also regularly used the links to similar/related notes, which is now gone too

Any chance sort by relevance will be back?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/22/2017 at 2:13 PM, cifip said:

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - both positive as well as constructive. We're listening and continue working on fixing critical issues as fast as we can. 8.0 is just the beginning - there will be lots of great updates coming throughout the year, and your feedback is both essential and welcome.

We released Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch v8.0.2 earlier today.

What's fixed in 8.0.2:

  • Fixed our top crasher - related to thumbnail generation in note list snippets
    • This surfaced as crash on launch, crash when scrolling a note list, or crash on search
  • Swiping to delete a newly created empty note will no longer move another note to Trash
  • Audio, ink, & file attachments are now inserted at the cursor position when editing a note
  • PDF annotation (Premium feature) is no longer disabled for some PDFs
  • Zooming in on an image in annotation no longer resets the size of the image on that screen
  • The app UI no longer gets stuck in an odd view when partially swiping back in Settings

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

It's still crashing.  Unusable.  Will deleting and starting over help?  Or will that sacrifice all the items in my notebooks?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/24/2017 at 11:29 AM, DTLow said:

You're right, click on Reminders and they are sorted by due date

I've  been clicking on the clock icon

That is messed up. I see that it works, but "REMINDERS" isn't even visible! You have to select the notebook dropdown, which is wholly unintuitive as a way to sort the notes on the screen, given "REMINDERS" isn't a notebook at all. I wonder what happens if someone has a notebook named "Reminders?" Will probably wipe their iPhone memory and cause their air conditioner to stop working. :o

Thanks for the tip, as it does work. Why it isn't the little ellipses menu in the "sort by" section is beyond me though...:mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I used to get reminders sorted by date order in All notes but not within a notebook.  Now neither sorts in date sequence.  Special.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The new update is slow slow slow. Switching between notes has a major lag to show the new content. This is a major usability problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

On IPad I can no longer see my notebook a fad my wife's shared notebook simultaneously 

Any search I do now has to be done twice, once on each notebook

If I select "all notes" it only searches my notebook

This was working fine before the update

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

On IPad I can no longer see my notebook a fad my wife's shared notebook simultaneously 

Any search I do now has to be done twice, once on each notebook

If I select "all notes" it only searches my notebook

This was working fine before the update

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

On IPad I can no longer see my notebook a fad my wife's shared notebook simultaneously 

Any search I do now has to be done twice, once on each notebook

If I select "all notes" it only searches my notebook

This was working fine before the update

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 22/01/2017 at 9:13 PM, cifip said:

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - both positive as well as constructive. We're listening and continue working on fixing critical issues as fast as we can. 8.0 is just the beginning - there will be lots of great updates coming throughout the year, and your feedback is both essential and welcome.

We released Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch v8.0.2 earlier today.

What's fixed in 8.0.2:

  • Fixed our top crasher - related to thumbnail generation in note list snippets
    • This surfaced as crash on launch, crash when scrolling a note list, or crash on search
  • Swiping to delete a newly created empty note will no longer move another note to Trash
  • Audio, ink, & file attachments are now inserted at the cursor position when editing a note
  • PDF annotation (Premium feature) is no longer disabled for some PDFs
  • Zooming in on an image in annotation no longer resets the size of the image on that screen
  • The app UI no longer gets stuck in an odd view when partially swiping back in Settings

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

What I think ?

I think that if you want to please your new CEO, to release an absurd new version of Evernote is not the right way, unless he doesn't have access to this forum.

My question is : why kill something almost perfect. If it's to be able to say " Look look Mister CEO, we made a totally new version of the good old Evernote, it looks ugly, it's not convenient, it crashes, it's slow when it runs, but it's not important (it doesn't run). Anyway it's a complete new version. We hope you are happy Mister CEO.

What did you say Mister CEO ? The customers ???

I don't understand Mister CEO, since when the customers are important ?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, cargoblues said:

I think that if you want to please your new CEO

I'm more concerned with the impact to the IOS users

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm more concerned with the impact to the IOS users

You have to read my last post. This one has been sent unfinished by mistake. I prefer to laugh about this mess than to continue to read pathetic anouncements about 8.01 and 8.02, 8.03, 8.04, 8.05..........8.097...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, cargoblues said:

You have to read my last post. This one has been sent unfinished by mistake. I prefer to laugh about this mess than to continue to read pathetic anouncements about 8.01 and 8.02, 8.03, 8.04, 8.05..........8.097...

I don't think its a laughable "mess"
I'd prefer that there were no errors in the software, but I appreciate Evernote following up and issuing hot fixes

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't think its a laughable "mess"
I'd prefer that there were no errors in the software, but I appreciate Evernote following up and issuing hot fixes

Each day that passes I find it's harder to laugh or appreciate Evernote efforts...

It's been 10 days since I'm unable to open the app. Support Chat is down for me, EvernoteHelps on Twitter doesn't answer or doesn't follow up, and using Support Ticket it took 3 days to ask me for a log then no news.

We don't know if Evernote has found what is causing the crashes, we don't know if the submitted a new update to the AppStore, we are in the dark and I'm really pissed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't think its a laughable "mess"
I'd prefer that there were no errors in the software, but I appreciate Evernote following up and issuing hot fixes

Do they have sarcasm in Canada?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Coming Soon to an iOS Device Near You

Coming Soon to an iOS Device Near You

Posted by SiNing Chan on 03 Jan 2017

COMMENT

We’re so excited, we can’t keep this news to ourselves any longer: We’re almost ready to release a fully reimagined Evernote experience for iOS that’s faster and more powerful than anything we’ve done before—Evernote 8.0 for iOS. Our team met with customers, pored over the feedback, and tested out many new ideas before arriving at the new design. “The beta community is thrilled with the updates so far,” says Chuck Pletcher, iOS Product Management Director. Many are saying it’s “the best release of Evernote yet.”

This update follows some of the exciting new features we introduced recently, including iMessage sharing and 3D Touch quick note creation.

Stay tuned for the fastest and most intuitive Evernote iOS experience ever. We can’t wait for you to try it

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the part I have the most trouble understanding. How many beta testers were there, how long was it tested, and what was the experience level of the testers? It seems to me that the ball got dropped somewhere.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, cargoblues said:

When you say "sarcasm", you mean "brain". Right ?:lol:

Nah, just sarcasm.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I really liked and used Evernote everyday, but with this new update, I'm done.  It's frustrating that I have to find a new organizational app now. 

Two of the worse updates:

1) I can not sort my reminders by "due date".  You can only sort by "modified date" and "date created".  I like to get up and see what I have today and the time due at the top of my list.  I really do not care when I originally made the reminder or the last time I made a change to the reminder. 

2) When I wanted to push a reminder out to a later date, say tomorrow, it use to be so easy.  I would just slide left hit date icon and scroll to the next day or when ever I wanted to push that reminder out to.  When I try this on the new release, when I hit the clock icon, it just turns OFF the reminder.  Kind of sucked figuring that out the hard way.  Now I have to open up the reminder/note, hit the click icon, pick "change date" and than make the change.  Why would you make it harder to do???

Thanks for listening. 

Edited by jaxcass87
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, jim.g said:

Coming Soon to an iOS Device Near You

Coming Soon to an iOS Device Near You

Posted by SiNing Chan on 03 Jan 2017

COMMENT

We’re so excited, we can’t keep this news to ourselves any longer: We’re almost ready to release a fully reimagined Evernote experience for iOS that’s faster and more powerful than anything we’ve done before—Evernote 8.0 for iOS. Our team met with customers, pored over the feedback, and tested out many new ideas before arriving at the new design. “The beta community is thrilled with the updates so far,” says Chuck Pletcher, iOS Product Management Director. Many are saying it’s “the best release of Evernote yet.”

This update follows some of the exciting new features we introduced recently, including iMessage sharing and 3D Touch quick note creation.

Stay tuned for the fastest and most intuitive Evernote iOS experience ever. We can’t wait for you to try it

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the part I have the most trouble understanding. How many beta testers were there, how long was it tested, and what was the experience level of the testers? It seems to me that the ball got dropped somewhere.

Stay tuned for the slowest and less intuitive Evernote IOS experience ever. We can't wait for you to try it.

By the way to answer your question, don't you think you're the tester at this very moment ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, cargoblues said:

By the way to answer your question, don't you think you're the tester at this very moment ?

Absolutely

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, cargoblues said:

don't you think you're the tester at this very moment ?

My group always appoints a tester for new releases.  Thats my role currently

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My group always appoints a tester for new releases.  Thats my role currently

Well, they had one extremely qualified tester. When did the beta testing for 8.0 begin? Do you know how many testers there were?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
52 minutes ago, cargoblues said:

What I think ?

I think that if you want to please your new CEO, to release an absurd new version of Evernote is not the right way, unless he doesn't have access to this forum.

My question is : why kill something almost perfect. If it's to be able to say " Look look Mister CEO, we made a totally new version of the good old Evernote, it looks ugly, it's not convenient, it crashes, it's slow when it runs, but it's not important (it doesn't run). Anyway it's a complete new version. We hope you are happy Mister CEO.

What did you say Mister CEO ? The customers ???

I don't understand Mister CEO, since when the customers are important ?"

This is THE AWFUL TRUTH.

I thank you that you said that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
40 minutes ago, jim.g said:

When did the beta testing for 8.0 begin? Do you know how many testers there were?

Sorry, I don't have any info on the inner workings at Evernote

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-01-26 at 7:57 AM, csihilling said:

Do they have sarcasm in Canada?  ;)

Sure, but some of us need a sign  IMG_1529.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, cargoblues said:

Stay tuned for the slowest and less intuitive Evernote IOS experience ever. We can't wait for you to try it.

By the way to answer your question, don't you think you're the tester at this very moment ?

Stay tuned for the slowest and least intuitive Evernote iOS experience ever, with a greatly reduced set of features. We didn't manage to run it and don't have the resources to test it though, therefore we can't wait for you to try it.

--- 

I was asked today to reproduce my unfixed bug myself yet again, since by the time support looked at it they found "it appears that your Evernote application version is out of date". Duh.... Needless to say it was still there and easily reproduced, just costing time and frustration to go through installation, syncing, reproduction and reporting again. QA outsourced....

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, jaxcass87 said:

I can not sort my reminders by "due date".

If you click on All Notes, then Reminders (not the clock icon)
your notes are displayed in Reminder Date sequence

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

If you click on All Notes, then Reminders (not the clock icon)
your notes are displayed in Reminder Date sequence

 

Used to, not anymore.  This is broken on my iPhone now.  :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
39 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Used to, not anymore.  This is broken on my iPhone now.  :mellow:

8.0.3 broke it? I honestly cannot imagine the way it was was by design. Wholly unintuitive.

Is there no reminder sort in the elipses menu with 8.0.3?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Just now, EdH said:

8.0.3 broke it? I honestly cannot imagine the way it was was by design. Wholly unintuitive.

Is there no reminder sort in the elipses menu with 8.0.3?

Nope.  Been sitting on 8.0.1 on my iPhone.  At first pressing the reminder icon when in All Notes context presented a list of notes in reminder time sequence.  Don't know when it happened, obviously within the last week, but not reminder date sequence anymore.  

On the plus side I am not experiencing the slow downs and crashes that others have been, though I still get the Apple log in, which I ignore.

Don't know about the 8.0.3 option, though the forum post does not reference any changes to reminder date functionality, other than not changing updated date when reminder date is change.  Which in and of itself is another piece of counter intuitive..

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, csihilling said:

Nope.  Been sitting on 8.0.1 on my iPhone.  At first pressing the reminder icon when in All Notes context presented a list of notes in reminder time sequence.  Don't know when it happened, obviously within the last week, but not reminder date sequence anymore.  

On the plus side I am not experiencing the slow downs and crashes that others have been, though I still get the Apple log in, which I ignore.

Don't know about the 8.0.3 option, though the forum post does not reference any changes to reminder date functionality, other than not changing updated date when reminder date is change.  Which in and of itself is another piece of counter intuitive..

CORRECTION:  If I select All Notes and then the Reminder icon the notes are not in reminder date sequence.  If I select Reminders from the Notebook drop down then the notes are in reminder date sequence.  Net of it all it would seem reminder date sequence only occurs when selecting reminders from the notebook drop down.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I've been shown to this thread as a good place to post my hopes for changes/bug fixes for new Evernote iOS.

im a business user and have put my whole team on Evernote, and others in the business are moving that way too. By design. We're also a Dropbox business for files. And a Salesforce user. So we're pretty cloudy and agile, I hope. I say this with a hope of saying why I feel the things I want to say are broken or now missing are useful for a pretty high-target market for Evernote.

1. App is still broken for getting into notes once a search has been carried out. If I search for something I get a list of qualifying notes in the left pane, but you can only open notes that are at the top of the scroll. When you try to open notes below the top one on the page/scroll at any time, it jumps to the topmost item. Every time. This is hugely frustrating as you just can't get into most notes returned on a search. You have to remember which it is, close search, then go find it. That's not productivity.

2. Suggested note subjects by calendar lookup - I want this back because it made life easy and I think it's a white lie to suggest as a Evernote has that this is somehow 'freeing' me from suggestion.

however, Evernote people, let me give you a great BUSINESS reason why you should reinstate calendar lookup for note titles:

i use this in a business team and everyone's supposed to take notes in all their meetings. I want all those notes to be called the same thing across all accounts, and the easiest way to drive consistent naming is to send a calendar invite to people and then Evernote auto names all notes THE SAME. Simple. Please, please, please bring this functionality back.

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I would like to see a statement from Evernote about these problems and an apology to the thousands of paying customers who have lost access to a once perfect product. 

Also are the Mac and Windows versions going to have the IOS restyle?

 

Edited by SteveHoughton
Comments received
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this idea...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×