Rolling out Evernote desktop 10.61

Thanks for updating the app and making it more usable (most often)

I've updated to the latest version via the AppStore on Mac and now it only displays a blank screen. Via the menu I can access "about Evernote" and see this:

10.61.3-mac-mas-public (20230824073028)
Editor: v176.8.0
Service: v1.72.6
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I've deleted and reinstalled from the appstore but still see a blank screen after opening the app. Hope it's just me but would be great if this is something you can fix.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the quick reply agsteele. I prefer to update apps using the AppStore. Software normally asks me to update when you really don't want (need to quickly save something in a note, make a video call). With the appstore the app just keeps working, never bothers me for an update and I can choose to update when convenient for me.

Greetings dear,

- We added more metrics to help with the investigation of missing content.

I'm worried/angry about content loss. It happened to me on two occasions losing invaluable hours of work. Below I share details of the latest incident in this regard:

Context:
I work with Evernote Desktop-Windows on two computers (home and work): when I finish working on them I always wait for everything to finish synchronizing and I suspend the computer as it is (yes, leaving Evernote, browser and possibly other programs open).
I know that "ideally" I could close Evernote before suspending the computer, but I have been using Evernote like this for many years and it was never necessary (when I resume work on the other computer, it was always enough to wait for Evernote to receive a connection again and apply the corresponding synchronization before continue with my work).

On both computers I had v10.60.4 installed.
On Friday, tired of delays when creating new notes, I uninstall and go back to version v10.58.5 on home-pc.
I was working on various notes over the weekend.
Today Monday, I arrive at work-pc (v10.60.4) and have breakfast with the fact that none of the changes I was working on over the weekend are synchronized (even though Evernote is connected and says "All changes have been saved". This is the part of the code that I think should be reviewed: evernote behavior when waking up from sleep).
I close Evernote, uninstall and return work-pc also to version v.10.58.5.
I check and now the mods/notes from the weekend did appear (and my soul returned to my body because it would have been the third time I lost content).

The two previous information losses occurred with notes created with version v10.60.4 and I notice the loss just when I go to consult the same note on the other computer. It goes without saying that the "note history" does not contain any subsequent modifications.

I know several people who left Evernote just because of one of these data losses, I hope they take advantage of the information and try to replicate it to get to the root of the problem.

I celebrate improvements in v10.61 but I will stay in 10.58, fighting against automatic updates (which by the way, should be able to be deactivated from program settings!!) until I receive news regarding the subject.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Broos said:

I prefer to update apps using the AppStore.

No problem but it may be the solution to the issue you face 😉 I'm sure you are aware that there are a number of functions that don't work in the store versions. If you can live without them then you are good to go via the store.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Broos said:

Thanks for updating the app and making it more usable (most often)

I've updated to the latest version via the AppStore on Mac and now it only displays a blank screen. Via the menu I can access "about Evernote" and see this:

10.61.3-mac-mas-public (20230824073028)
Editor: v176.8.0
Service: v1.72.6
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I've deleted and reinstalled from the appstore but still see a blank screen after opening the app. Hope it's just me but would be great if this is something you can fix.

@Broos please reproduce this and DM me the client logs (Help > Activity Logs > Save As...)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cuchulain said:

... none of the changes I was working on over the weekend are synchronized (even though Evernote is connected and says "All changes have been saved". 

Yeah, in previous versions I also got this message when there was actually data-loss. 

The message "All changes have been saved" seems very optimistic, it is displayed without an actual database commit. This misleading message is the reason users keep editing without realizing that data loss is building up.

• Like 2

I would like this but the download link is only giving me V10.60.4

I'm taking the liberty of listing some key issues in the iPhone forum too. I have sent tickets and they have all been marked as solved while still unsolved, so I think it is legit to make a summary there.

I will try the download again later. Good luck to @Federico Simionato and all at Bending Spoons who are improving our app. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, laurence.glazier said:

Very odd - I have cleared the cache to no avail. I will try again later. Many thanks. Meanwhile V10.60.4 is a huge improvement on the previous one so all is still good!

I updated to 10.61.3 yesterday (via download from EN website). When checking the EN website download link today it's 10.60.4 😮

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
49 minutes ago, janndk said:

checking the EN website download link today it's 10.60.4

I get the same.  Could be a volume thing - the primary connection being overwhelmed with download requests and defaulting to another server.  Hopefully @Federico Simionato will be able to advise soon...

4 hours ago, Federico Simionato said:

We paused the rollout because we don't like this issue. I'll let you know as soon as we discover something more.

@Federico Simionato 

Could you name which issue specifically made you rollback 10.61? I scrolled up, and saw 10 issues mentioned. [I overlooked your quote about the empty screen showing nothing]  

So far I love 10.61. It solves MANY delays it seems in my GTD/TSW workflow. It looks like you unchecked debugger code, or switched on some optimization in Electron. Pop-up dialogues for tags are MUCH faster, showing the tags on a note in that window instantly instead of waiting 5 seconds.

Not only creation of notes is faster EVERYTHING is faster. Not up to legacy speeds, but 5x faster than all previous v10 versions saving me tons of time! 😘🙏🤗❤  Imagine waiting 1 second per changes/tag/adding tags/deleting tags/deleting notes/new note/execution of ANYTHING, instead of the slow as a snail 5 seconds per action.

This is no fluke, my very old system, my new laptop and another system show this speed-up for 10.61.

Keep it up! Stay on this track! 10.61 was the first time my dented trust and desparation got repaired a little bit as a first step! I and my company may stay with Evernote after all. Please let the developers of Evernote know about my first fragile happiness too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bwydoogh said:

I must say that I also noticed the performance improvement of the 10.61 version. Love it!

Additionally, I find it very pleasant that there is a clear presence of Evernote in these forums (especially @Federico Simionato 🙂). Clearly a different style of communication than "before."

yes, and not only much better communication, but also a much more efficient way to fix bugs 👍  Trust is coming back 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I experienced problems using the previous V10 release. So I reported them to EN Support, then returned to using legacy EN. Today I saw there is a new 10.61.4 upgrade. It's great to hear some of your stories about improvements. So I installed and tried 10.61.4. The first thing I did was simply move a note from one tag to another tag. The "note count" next to the tags changed immediately. But it took 4 - 5 minutes before the note appeared within the tag's list of notes. Then I tried moving it back to the original tag and it also took 4 - 5 minutes. I rebooted my laptop to see if that would make a difference. It was exactly the same. Obviously, I can't wait for these long and confusing delays. So for now, I will go back to legacy. I reported this to EN Support.

Suggestions welcome : )

Kind regards, Duhtch

• Thanks 1

When I reinstall it takes a while before tag search indexes are up to date, up to a day it seems, at least in the v10.50-ish versions and earlier. Dunno if it's still the case. After that initial sync 80 percent of the time searches work fine. 20 percent of the time it's slow with long delays before complex tag searches work again, after changing a bunch of tags on notes. How long did you give it to sync? How many notes do you sync? How many GB of notes, if you know? 

1 minute ago, MvdH said:

When I reinstall it takes a while before tag search indexes are up to date, up to a day it seems, at least in the v10.50-ish versions and earlier. Dunno if it's still the case. After that initial sync 80 percent of the time searches work fine. 20 percent of the time it's slow with long delays before complex tag searches work again, after changing a bunch of tags on notes. How long did you give it to sync? How many notes do you sync? How many GB of notes, if you know? 

Hi MvdH,

I only upgraded the Windows app to 10.61.4. My laptop's db is the same db from the previous version.

I only changed one note. I moved it from one tag to a second tag. As it didn't appear in the new tag's list, I just waited. It took 4 - 5 minutes to sync. That's when it appeared on the second tags list.

Including a restart of my laptop, my multiple attempts took about 30 minutes. During that time, that single change of one tag move was the only transaction I asked EN to do. I just sat there and waited.

In legacy, my EN db is 16GB. It is easy to find, it's named after me haha. But the new EN folder is very complicated. I looked but cannot find what the db name is. Do you know the path to find the db?

Cheers, Duhtch

2 hours ago, Duhtch said:

Hi everyone,

I experienced problems using the previous V10 release. So I reported them to EN Support, then returned to using legacy EN. Today I saw there is a new 10.61.4 upgrade. It's great to hear some of your stories about improvements. So I installed and tried 10.61.4. The first thing I did was simply move a note from one tag to another tag. The "note count" next to the tags changed immediately. But it took 4 - 5 minutes before the note appeared within the tag's list of notes. Then I tried moving it back to the original tag and it also took 4 - 5 minutes. I rebooted my laptop to see if that would make a difference. It was exactly the same. Obviously, I can't wait for these long and confusing delays. So for now, I will go back to legacy. I reported this to EN Support.

Suggestions welcome : )

Kind regards, Duhtch

I can't reproduce this, on my 10.61.4 windows client it's instant...

• Administrator

Same, I just tried as well and can't reproduce it. I suggest you

• logout (making sure you flag the option to delete local data when prompted)
  • uninstall the app
  • reinstall 10.61.4
  • log back in
  • wait for sync to be complete, depending on your connection on a 16GB account it can take between a few minutes and a few hours
  • try again
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Duhtch said:

n legacy, my EN db is 16GB. It is easy to find, it's named after me haha. But the new EN folder is very complicated. I looked but cannot find what the db name is. Do you know the path to find the db?

The v10 apps work very differently to Legacy as far as data storage is concerned.  You need to think of  the whole data structure under %AppData%\Evernote as being the 'database'.

14 hours ago, Federico Simionato said:

• uninstall the app
  • reinstall 10.61.4
  • log back in
  • wait for sync to be complete, depending on your connection on a 16GB account it can take between a few minutes and a few hours
  • try again

Hi Frederico,

Thanks. Reminder: I'm reinstalling on a Windows 11 laptop. Internet speeds are download 200 Mbps / upload 230 Mbps. When I used to create a fresh legacy db, it took 2 - 3 hours for the sync to complete. After 12 hours of syncing 10.61.4, the sync progress is at 3.5GB. To check the sync progress, I do a "Properties" check on C:\Users\duhtc\AppData\Roaming\Evernote. So, I expect it will take 2 days for a complete 16GB sync.

Does that sound right? Thanks.

Cheers, Duhtch

• Evernote Expert

A full local copy does seem to take sometime.  But the good news is that you can select any note and it will open locally. Presumably bringing it to life causes it to jump to the front of the queue as it were.

• Thanks 1
On 8/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, agsteele said:

No problem but it may be the solution to the issue you face 😉 I'm sure you are aware that there are a number of functions that don't work in the store versions. If you can live without them then you are good to go via the store.

As an example, on MacOS the AppStore version forgets the import folder every time it's relaunched. The dmg version keeps it working as expected.

Problem with new version 10.61.5

Saw in the forum a number of positive comments on this new version.

I installed the new version and within a minute or two got the "permissions lost" message that was a major problem in an earlier version.  

When I select the notebook associated with the "permissions lost", I can access the notebook and the error message goes away.

Should I re-install to the previous version?

Permission lost .. problem returns.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Permission lost was only a nuisance.

I wouldn't revert - but its up to you.

Thanks... I think you're correct in calling it a "nuisance".  Seems to be random and unpredictable.

I'm keeping the new version for now, hoping that things don't get worse.

• Evernote Expert

I've never seen this particular error. It may well be that you have some damages to your local data. If it becomes too much of a nuisance you could try rebuilding your data. File, Sign Out, Remove you data. Reboot your computer and log in. The data will be reconstructed. The process takes some time but you can use Evernote while it is going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/30/2023 at 7:57 PM, Federico Simionato said:

• uninstall the app
  • reinstall 10.61.4
  • log back in
  • try again

Hi Federico,

I followed your steps.

Reminder: I'm using Windows 11 EN app. I'm on 10.61.5 now. The 16GB took 3 days to complete the sync.

Unfortunately, both of the recent problems I experienced on earlier versions returned (sometimes).

(1) I moved a note from one tag to another tag. The "note count" next to both tags changed immediately. But it took 4 - 5 minutes before the note disappeared from the original tag's list and appeared in the second tag's list. During this time, I didn't do anything else. I just sat there waiting for it to move. Finally, it moved.

(2) I came across an old note (from 2017) that should have images in it (FYI, this happened a day after I confirmed that the new db sync had been completed). But the note's content was blank. I checked Internet EN and the note included the images. So I just waited.

30 minutes later, I tried to replicate these 2 problems. Changing tags worked fine, with no delays. The other note's missing images just reappeared. I'm not technical, so I can't guess why things don't work sometimes, then after a while they do work.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Duhtch

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Federico Simionato said:

We're aware of both the printing issue and the "include subtags" issue. We'll try to fix both in time for 10.62.

Printing issues - there also other problems, e.g. when printing numbered list ☝️

image-note.png

image-preview.png

image-print2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 9/4/2023 at 3:07 AM, Duhtch said:

Hi Federico,

I followed your steps.

Reminder: I'm using Windows 11 EN app. I'm on 10.61.5 now. The 16GB took 3 days to complete the sync.

Unfortunately, both of the recent problems I experienced on earlier versions returned (sometimes).

(1) I moved a note from one tag to another tag. The "note count" next to both tags changed immediately. But it took 4 - 5 minutes before the note disappeared from the original tag's list and appeared in the second tag's list. During this time, I didn't do anything else. I just sat there waiting for it to move. Finally, it moved.

(2) I came across an old note (from 2017) that should have images in it (FYI, this happened a day after I confirmed that the new db sync had been completed). But the note's content was blank. I checked Internet EN and the note included the images. So I just waited.

30 minutes later, I tried to replicate these 2 problems. Changing tags worked fine, with no delays. The other note's missing images just reappeared. I'm not technical, so I can't guess why things don't work sometimes, then after a while they do work.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Duhtch

Hi everyone. Today I reopened Id #3745194 Rolling out Evernote desktop 10.61 – Evernote Help & Learning and updated the problems.

-----

Hi Joemarc P.

Sorry, Id #3745194 is not solved. Please reopen it.

I already know the Windows app path to locate the Evernote database folder. It is C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Evernote. When I create a new database, I use the Windows "Properties" function to track how the database is progressing. The last time I created a new Evernote database, it took 3 days before my 16GB database was completed and in sync.

The following day (after the database sync was completed), I discovered two problems:

(1) I moved a note from one tag to another tag. The "note count" next to both tags changed immediately. But it took 4 - 5 minutes before the note disappeared from the original tag's list and appeared in the second tag's list. During this time, I didn't do anything else. I just sat there waiting for it to move. Finally, it moved. (This is an update from today, 8 Sep: changing a note's tag is taking about 30 seconds before the note finally moves)

(2) I came across an old note (from 2017) that should include images. But the note's content was blank. I checked Internet EN and the note included the images. So I just waited.

30 minutes later, I tried to replicate these 2 problems:
1. Changing tags worked fine, with no delays.
2. Missing images just reappeared.

I'm not technical. I can't guess why things don't work sometimes, then mysteriously just start working correctly again if I wait long enough. These long tagging delays and "Now You See It, Now You Don't" images drive me crazy.

Why do these things happen?

Cheers, Duhtch

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Duhtch said:

I can't guess why things don't work sometimes, then mysteriously just start working correctly again if I wait long enough.

Neither,  I'd imagine,  can anyone else.  Consistent errors are clear indicators that something's broken,  or that there's a bug somewhere.  Erratic behaviour is often just the cost of doing business via sketchy electronic devices over long distances. 

I'd honestly get on with whatever I had to do and ignore - or find a way around - these oddities unless something happened to make me doubt that the system was working correctly.  Then I'd find a way to run a check - do a ToC of 100 notes,  then change or add a tag;  wait 24 hours and recheck the list.  Are they all correctly tagged now?  Fine.  Check again in a month or six.  Are there errors?  Contact Support.  24 hours too long to wait for tag changes to complete?  Find a different way to manage your notes.

• Confused 1
41 minutes ago, Duhtch said:

I'm not technical. I can't guess why things don't work sometimes, then mysteriously just start working correctly again if I wait long enough.

While we know whether we have installed a new version of the desktop client we normally have no idea what EN are doing on the servers and what the impact is on our  experience.

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Erratic behaviour is often just the cost of doing business via sketchy electronic devices over long distances.

Which is of course the favorite excuse for developers who don't know about concurrent programming techniques to handle race conditions properly 😏

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Erratic behaviour is often just the cost of doing business via sketchy electronic devices over long distances. 

Good grief, no.

Intermittent problems are harder to ferret out and fix, but most are fixable.  Blaming “sketchy electronic devices” is well, wrong.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Speaking as someone who has had two BSD's in two days some of us clearly have different experiences of electronic devices.  Let's agree that some glitches are fixable - repeatable and consistent ones particularly.  Intermittent ones...  less so.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Let's agree that some glitches are fixable - repeatable and consistent ones particularly.  Intermittent ones...  less so.

Agreed.  I will also suggest that repeatable and consistent errors are problems that should have been caught (for the most part) during testing and never released.  Intermittent problems sometimes reveal an issue in the underlying architecture, and though less noticeable are sometimes the more important ones to fix and should not be ignored.  At least that has been my experience in product development.

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5*
11 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Intermittent problems sometimes reveal an issue in the underlying architecture, and though less noticeable are sometimes the more important ones to fix and should not be ignored.  At least that has been my experience in product development.

Intermittent problems can also be due to users doing something unexpectedly dumb - my experience managing a support team.

Since Bending Spoons has been around for a while and managed to carve out a successful mini-empire for itself with AI-based features before that was even a thing,  I think we can assume that they include very capable and experienced staff in multiple disciplines.  Us exercising our limited knowledge of how things 'should' work is not likely to help (or impress) them,  neither is it contributing to the general thread about actual issues affecting this version. 

Let's keep this open for actual experiences with 10.61 please?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I think we can assume that they include very capable and experienced staff in multiple disciplines.

They have fixed some problems and introduced others.  For me, time will tell.

As far as thread relevancy, I responded to your comment.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yes, also on the Web. And I downloaded it for Windows from evernote.com today. Don't know what has changed since 10.61.5.

It would be good if there was a "Latest Version" thread updated by somone from from BS and they included a bullet list of changes.

Given recent update fiascos I want to know WHAT changes have been made before unleashing a possible disaster on my data.

• Like 2
hace 57 minutos, RobertJLee dijo:

It would be good if there was a "Latest Version" thread updated by somone from from BS and they included a bullet list of changes.

Given recent update fiascos I want to know WHAT changes have been made before unleashing a possible disaster on my data.

I totally agree. Why not take advantage of the structure already created in the forum for that purpose? 😉

Release Notes (Windows) - Evernote User Forum

Release Notes (Mac) - Evernote User Forum

Release Notes (Web) - Evernote User Forum

Release Notes (Android) - Evernote User Forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

You automatically get the update when it is available for you. Since rollouts are staged, not all accounts get it at the same time.

If you want to bypass the staged rollout, you can always get the latest version from the website.

What’s in the update should be in the release notes - EN staff has gotten lazy about it. You can issue a support ticket to motivate them to do better.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I've taken to downloading them from https://www.evernote.com/download and saving the installers, so that, in case something goes hinky with the next one, I can always step back a sub-version or two.

Good idea but for gods sake for what we PAY for these beta versions ,they SHOULD be telling us what's changed.

Smacks of......

image.thumb.png.069b508bcd999a9a2dd12d8bf8806dc4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
On 9/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, RobertJLee said:

now Evernote-10.61.9. on Mac?

Would it be TOO much to ask that CUSTOMERS be advised when new version available?

and what the update contains?

Now Evernote-10.61.10...for gods sake nearly every day

• Level 5
On 8/28/2023 at 5:37 AM, Federico Simionato said:

Summary of changes:

• This client update is especially focused on removing unused/old code: we are cleaning up the codebase significantly.
  • We included a fix for one instance of missing content. This will still be our #1 priority for a while.
  • We added more metrics to help with the investigation of missing content.
  • We included the same fix for slow note creation that we issued on mobile last week. Desktop was in much better shape but why not?
  • We updated Electron to the latest version, that should help with stability.
  • There's also some very technical performance improvement, which should help making sync a bit faster.

As usual, it's a gradual rollout but you can get it early at evernote.com/download.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on 10.61.

@Federico Simionato, could we please have some information about changes made in the incremental versions of 10.61? We are now up to 10.61.10, and we have no idea whether there is any real point in  downloading and installing it.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, gozzilla78 said:

I know it's rolling at different stages, but... I'm still on 10.61.5 (MacOS)!! Have been checking daily for updates (in fact, multiple times a day) but no sign of them.

Are you guys on some sort of beta testing program perhaps?

They probably download directly from the website and came in a modus of checking every day if there is an update, like me.

Triggered in this time consuming checking daily pattern due to all kinds of problems.

Generally if I know the exact version I'm on for a certain software suite, it is not a good sign. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, gozzilla78 said:

I know it's rolling at different stages, but... I'm still on 10.61.5 (MacOS)!! Have been checking daily for updates (in fact, multiple times a day) but no sign of them.

Are you guys on some sort of beta testing program perhaps?

The latest version can always be downloaded at https://www.evernote.com/download. I went there when someone here mentioned a new update version for Mac. The downloaded installer can be kept some convenient place on your computer if you ever need to reinstall it.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
43 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I noticed in the newest build 10.61.10 Personal users can create multiple scratch pads and pinned notes. Is this just me or is this a new feature that wasn't formally announced? I'm hoping it's not a bug because it's quite useful.

I think it was always possible to have multiple pinned notes (I could be wrong!). I do see that I can have multiple scratch pads on the Home page.

EDIT: But I am on a Professional account.

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I think it was always possible to have multiple pinned notes (I could be wrong!). I do see that I can have multiple scratch pads on the Home page.

EDIT: But I am on a Professional account.

I'm on a personal account and I couldn't before but now on 10.61.10 Windows, 10.54 Android and Web I can without a professional sub.

Edited by mackid1993
wrote 10.61.1 meant 10.61.10
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, mackid1993 said:

I'm on a personal account and I couldn't before but now on 10.61.1 Windows, 10.54 Android and Web I can without a professional sub.

Interesting.  I recently dropped from professional to personal due to the price increase and I was dropped back to one pinned note, one scratch pad, and one calendar.  I haven't tried 10.61.1 yet (I'm a little gun-shy on new versions at the moment). I'd like to think this is a new change, but it is likely an error that will be corrected in a future release.

5 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Interesting.  I recently dropped from professional to personal due to the price increase and I was dropped back to one pinned note, one scratch pad, and one calendar.  I haven't tried 10.61.1 yet (I'm a little gun-shy on new versions at the moment). I'd like to think this is a new change, but it is likely an error that will be corrected in a future release.

I'm thinking it's a new change because it works across Mobile, Desktop and Web. Before I updated my phone to 10.54 I was prompted on my phone to reset my widgets. Once I updated to 10.54 it allowed me to use the extra scratch pads.

Just now, s2sailor said:

That would be surprising to me but welcome.  Let's see if it sticks around.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Hopefully! It'll be a nice added value considering the increased subscription price. It's kind of a dumb thing to paywall anyway.

On 8/28/2023 at 5:37 AM, Federico Simionato said:

Summary of changes:

• This client update is especially focused on removing unused/old code: we are cleaning up the codebase significantly.
  • We included a fix for one instance of missing content. This will still be our #1 priority for a while.
  • We added more metrics to help with the investigation of missing content.
  • We included the same fix for slow note creation that we issued on mobile last week. Desktop was in much better shape but why not?
  • We updated Electron to the latest version, that should help with stability.
  • There's also some very technical performance improvement, which should help making sync a bit faster.

As usual, it's a gradual rollout but you can get it early at evernote.com/download.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on 10.61.

Please update the public release notes! https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058361833

• Like 2

Tasks have once again been left out.
When trying to use the search field in tasks, it is not possible to type in an entire word, only letter by letter. When I type in a letter, I have to click on the field again and type in another letter until the word is complete.
Tasks in some cases appear duplicated.
Edited tasks return to their original state after a few seconds.
Scratchpad keeps duplicating notes when synchronizing with iPhone.
In other words, NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, N. Lum said:

I wish that I knew this.  I did and I have to enter all my passwords again!

Don't see why anything here would affect your passwords.  Evernote is not the best place to keep passwords (if that's what you mean) when there are dozens of specialist apps and browser extensions like BitWarden which offer useful features - https://www.g2.com/products/bitwarden/competitors/alternatives.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, funkypumpkin said:

I can't see AI-Powered Search in this version. Is this something that will come later?
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/20406371441939-AI-Powered-Search-Overview 

From answers I got in another forum,  some people already have it (or are very confused) in 10.61.7

I don't,  and I've updated to the latest latest version 10.61.10 and still get the 'coming soon' status.  Guess they're to the stage of doing a limited trial release,  and we'll see the full version within weeks...  :shrug:

• Evernote Expert

AI Powered Search is enabled at the account level. The last I saw it was available to about 10% on a gradual roll out. Presumably paused at each stage to ensure problems are captured before too many people are affected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/28/2023 at 4:10 PM, agsteele said:

Hi there, "I'm sure you are aware that there are a number of functions that don't work in the store versions." - Could you mention some examples, please?