Hi

When printing out of Evernote, it reduces the text down to a post stamp size and your unable to read any text. When selecting more options and clicking to use system prompt (windows printing) it prints normally. So its purely happening when printing using evernotes printing feature.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Zulucom said:

That is what i used to fix the issue

And does the 'scale' option in the first drop-down have no effect?  Printing at 100% usually filles the page for me,  but maybe your printer needs a little more?

• Level 5

I can confirm. I see the exact same thing in v. 10.61.5. Definitely a bug. Those who print from Evernote on a regular basis should report it to support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

EDIT: The problem does not happen in the 10.61.5 Web client, only the (Windows) desktop app, but there it is consistent, no matter the scaling setting.

• Like 4
On 9/4/2023 at 1:28 AM, Zulucom said:

Hi

When printing out of Evernote, it reduces the text down to a post stamp size and your unable to read any text. When selecting more options and clicking to use system prompt (windows printing) it prints normally. So its purely happening when printing using evernotes printing feature.

I have exactly the same problem with the app. I can get around it by using the System Dialogue printing or generating a PDF and then printing that. Clearly a but in Evernote's print function.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

All very curious... If I PRINT to PDF, the result is as it should be and the final print to paper is just fine.  If I choose to print direct to paper the print preview looks just fine but the output is, as for everyone else, a postage stamp sized output...

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
24 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Has anyone reported this to support yet? I don't do enough printing for it to really affect me, but I can see that it would be a show-stopper for some users.

Not me. I only have one note that I ever consider committing to paper and that is less often than once a year. In fact I never print from within Evernote.  I always export the note to HTML and print from withina browser window using the broaser print dialogue.  I find the output better.

I have reported the bug to Evernote support, including logs and a picture of what the printout looks like. Waiting for an answer. I do a lot of printing in Evernote. 

I can also confirm what @agsteele wrote: a PDF export, and then printout, look OK, just as printing preview. The result however is as I described above. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5*

When I want to print something that looks "professional" I use a word processor or a page editing tool that has the features I need.  Usually Word or LibreOffice these days - but as noted above I tend not to print things.

7 hours ago, lukaszw said:

I have reported the bug to Evernote support, including logs and a picture of what the printout looks like. Waiting for an answer. I do a lot of printing in Evernote. 

I can also confirm what @agsteele wrote: a PDF export, and then printout, look OK, just as printing preview. The result however is as I described above. 

Evernote Support is aware of this issue (I have the same issue myself), has recommended this as one of the workarounds. Hopefully will address in an update.

• Like 2
On 9/14/2023 at 1:43 AM, megamills said:

A productivity tool where I need to export to pdf to be able to print.

There are some challenges with pdf export too. Eg with numbered lists. I opened a ticket 3 months ago - still not fixed. So, Evernote is a productivity tool where I need to take a screen capture to be able to print 😒

There have been different problems with print and pdf-export the last 9 months. It is very frustrating. You don't know when these bugs get fixed. And you don't know what's breaking down next time, so you always have to examine closely every print and pdf-export to be sure everything is as it should be.

• Sad 1
On 9/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, megamills said:

Broken for me too.

Not impressed at all.

A productivity tool where I need to export to pdf to be able to print.

Let's see when the fix comes.

Thanks to Mr or Mrs Evenote. Just run 10.62.2 and the print issue is now fixed. Happy customer  😀

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I'm using 10.62.2 on Windows 11, and although I get a preview that looks right, all that comes out of the printer is blank paper.

If I use the system dialogue, I don't get a preview; but the note prints as expected.

FIXED: The current Windows release version, 10.61.5 fixed the problem for me. Unfortunately, you may have to download the update manually again as the "check for update" did not update it to the newest release for me.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

The previous printing issue meant that the document appeared reduced to the size of a postage stamp.

So not quite the same as for you @JerrySNB and 10.62.2 did fix the issue which had been widely reported.

Yours is the the only report of this that I've seen. Your first option is likely to be to download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall Evernote. Reboot the PC then reinstall Evernote.

• Level 5

Revo Uninstaller is a universal app to remove installed software from Windows-computers. There is no specific version - it reads from sources like the registry, and decides what data needs to be removed. You just tell Revo what to remove, and after getting the results, confirm that you want to purge it all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 9:09 AM, agsteele said:

All very curious... If I PRINT to PDF, the result is as it should be and the final print to paper is just fine.  If I choose to print direct to paper the print preview looks just fine but the output is, as for everyone else, a postage stamp sized output...

Yes, same problem here. To work on the desktop app and then have to open the web app in order to print is not a very elegant way to build software. 
Help ticket submitted today. 
I will update here if they provide a solution.

6 hours ago, agsteele said:

The printing issue was resolved for me a couple of versions back. Make sure you are on the latest version - 10.63.3 by downloading from evernote.com 

Thank you so much for mentioning this! That did solve the problem!  

But that brings up another bug. "Check for Updates" was the very first thing I tried within my app (on Windows). And this is what I saw just this morning: 

You’re up to date!  Evernote 10.61.10 is currently the newest version available.

How I was 10 versions behind with no updates sent I have no idea.  That means that this vital function was not working within the app itself. I wonder if one must manually visit the site to check for updates periodically... 

I wish there was an auto-update setting, or at least one to notify of new releases, but I sure can't find it. I've seen alerts in the past, but not for some time. I'll have to keep an eye on this going forward.

• Level 5

Rollouts are staged. This means update messages don’t reach all users at the same time. It wouldn’t be surprising if this took you 2, maybe 3 releases back, because they came in rather fast succession.

10 looks too much, however. Maybe contact support about it.

Beside this you always get the latest update by actively downloading it from the EN website.

• 3 weeks later...

As of October 25, 2023,  post MWXi and MWX Pro 22H2 (Oct.2023) update, using the latest version 10.64.4 of Evernote (for MWXi and MWX Pro):

Problem persists with a displaced A4-printout, resembling a US letter format printout with text only in the lower right A4 quadrant of a portrait A4-paper. As an near ancient postscripter of the 1980/90's-era, it reminds me of an stressed-out mistake when programming lasers where the starting point param got lost in code and the laserprinter defaulted to origo, lack thereof.

Problem not found in Evernote print preview or as an actual PDF-printout. Preferred Epson ET-2750-series printer-settings are correct with stock Adobe Acrobat and Office 365 A4-printouts functioning as expected.

Erroneous printouts from Evernote discovered in aug. 2023.

• 1 month later...

Jumping on this thread, I have had the same problem with displacement of printouts, as described in the post above. Printing to pdf solves it, but then I have to delete the pdfs at some point or they accumulate. Using the system dialog is a pain, and it won't hold the settings I put it, so that is a non-starter.

Notably, I am on  version 10.67.3 and this has STILL not been fixed! I print out quite often, so this is becoming a major issue.

11 hours ago, sdanler said:

Jumping on this thread, I have had the same problem with displacement of printouts, as described in the post above. Printing to pdf solves it, but then I have to delete the pdfs at some point or they accumulate. Using the system dialog is a pain, and it won't hold the settings I put it, so that is a non-starter.

Notably, I am on  version 10.67.3 and this has STILL not been fixed! I print out quite often, so this is becoming a major issue.

SDANLER - As noted above, updating to the latest version solved this issue for me. 

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

I think there's another update out there - try downloading from Evernote.com?

Yes, I just downloaded V10.67.4 from the website. 

But it's ridiculous that from within the desktop app itself, clicking on HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES does not in reality check for updates.

This is what I just saw before visiting the Evernote website and learning the truth that I am actually 2 versions behind. 

10.67.2.jpg

• Level 5

The rollout always was and probably will be staged. Millions of users downloading at the same time right after release is a bad idea, for the server.

You can always fetch the latest version and simply install over the existing version.

• Like 1