Collapsible sections coming to Evernote

• ferol changed the title to Collapsible sections
  • ferol changed the title to Collapsible sections coming to Evernote

Wonderful. I've been dreaming about this for years. It's fun to go back through the forums and read comments from people who predicted this would never, ever happen. (I can't say that I was especially optimistic in the past, but Bending Spoons does seem to be listening.)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

I can’t wait!  I wonder if they will add linking to these collapsible sections?  That would be VERY nice!

I dare to guess that they will add... A lot of competitors are bragging about it and it's really a great thing

• Like 2
14 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I can’t wait!  I wonder if they will add linking to these collapsible sections?  That would be VERY nice!

Do you mean linking so you can jump to a section like this, or do you mean linking like showing a copy of that section and being able to add anywhere it is shown and it is updated everywhere? I hope they do the latter.  Just like in Notion and how Microsoft Loops works.

30 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

I saw outlines are collapsable too!

On Twitter:

- collapse sections based on the hierarchy of:

- headings

- bullet lists

- numbered lists!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, MvdH said:

Do you mean linking so you can jump to a section like this, or do you mean linking like showing a copy of that section and being able to add anywhere it is shown and it is updated everywhere? I hope they do the latter.  Just like in Notion and how Microsoft Loops works.

I was referring to the first one, but the second would be interesting as well.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
28 minutes ago, fuchsfr said:

Just saying not so special.

It is if you haven’t had then.  It is long overdue for Evernote.  Other apps already have this which made it frustrating for us Evernote users.  I didn’t leave because of this but I was tempted.

• Like 2

Otherwise, I didn't even know that other apps had it until I started looking in the competition. And actually I never missed it. But now that I know it's available, I guess it'll be nice to use it for some things

• Level 5

The "Pros" that were use to ***** old legacy syncing got used to keep notes short, and better use links to knit information together. I think EN did not encourage taking long notes, because it came with a serious risk of compromising data. Syncing was a sucking mess. The longer a note grew, the more likely it got that it synced badly, creating duplicates and conflicts.

Since RTE we have a completely changed technical syncing solution, that does not need to handle large notes in one act. It will work quite the same, no matter if the note hold 10 lines of text, or 10.000. 

Probably this technological progress now makes it possible to incorporate sections / outlines into the notes concept.

Just my 5ct.

• Like 4
  • Level 5

In response to a post in another forum, I just did a test in a new note, and got what you see below (in Windows desktop 10.78.2, with no notice of an update; Web app 10.78.2 shows the same thing). It's not yet collapsible, but it is proper sub-section / outline numbering.

image.thumb.png.9580501640070e1ffa8549111494a605.png

• Like 1

Dave,

your list is properly indented, as it should be. But look at the demo video: it reveals a major problem with the implementation, as it doesn't indent properly. Watch when "Book" or "Chapter 1" are expanded.

This is awful. I used outlining all my life (since the GrandView days) and haven't seen anything like this. The structure cannot be properly shown just by using different font sizes. 

One could say: it will improve. Now look at the 3 year old problems in V10. There isn't much hope that it will improve.

And yes, I know, nobody needs that, I am in the 1%. Right. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Dave,

your list is properly indented, as it should be. But look at the demo video: it reveals a major problem with the implementation, as it doesn't indent properly. Watch when "Book" or "Chapter 1" are expanded.

This is awful. I used outlining all my life (since the GrandView days) and haven't seen anything like this. The structure cannot be properly shown just by using different font sizes. 

One could say: it will improve. Now look at the 3 year old problems in V10. There isn't much hope that it will improve.

It's been in beta testing and getting tweaks so let's see how it actually rolls out before we get too upset...

• Like 2
  • Level 5
56 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Dave,

I looked at the demo video again, and I believe what's going on there is that the header styles are being treated as collapsible sections. It's not that the whole note becomes an "outline", but that the sections within the note can be collapsed. The book-chapter-paragraph metaphor was not particularly well chosen for this. In fact, I think that will work fairly well--people have been asking for ages that the headers do something more than just mark off sections of the text. And IMHO, given that headers can be customized for font and other formatting besides size (at least within a particular note), it may prove pretty useful. But as @Paul A. says, they're still working on it. Who knows, maybe customizable defaults for header styles will come too.

15 hours ago, Razmataz said:

Dave,

You can customise it for now..

image.png.851658350d74d0e29e98ca7fabffac78.png

7 minutes ago, ferol said:

You can customise it for now..

What exactly, the font? Or the indentation? Or the numbering scheme?  Of the lists or of the coming collapsible sections?

On 3/5/2024 at 12:54 PM, Razmataz said:

What exactly, the font? Or the? Or the numbering scheme?  Of the lists or of the coming collapsible sections?

Font - Size, Colour, Italic, underline....

Maybe you can create Template, where this can be preddefined...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

OK - now I updated to 10.80.2;  I lost the whole File / Edit / View toolbar to a small hamburger menu at top left,  but I don't seem to have a collapse / expand option.  Where should I look?

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK - now I updated to 10.80.2;  I lost the whole File / Edit / View toolbar to a small hamburger menu at top left,  but I don't seem to have a collapse / expand option.  Where should I look?

The hamburger came as a surprise to me.. thought I was stuck in a full screen type mode.

Headers should have an arrow to the left of them when you hover over or have text under the header. Try a switch off and on if not there.. I had to close and reopen.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

I had to close and reopen.

Yeah,  tried that - nothing yet,  apart from the four-dot 'handle' that allows you to move the line up and down.  I'll do a restart later...

collapsing.jpg.ee65eb8346b91cf3fd9e0e76e90e5b24.jpg

6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Yeah,  tried that - nothing yet,  apart from the four-dot 'handle' that allows you to move the line up and down.  I'll do a restart later...

headers.thumb.png.41c20eed9cce63a6f125bd9e7a22f52e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I lost the whole File / Edit / View toolbar to a small hamburger menu at top left

Keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl + Q, doesn't work for me in this new release, maybe this is somehow related to the new hamburger menu ... ?

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, ChristianJB said:

Keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl + Q, doesn't work for me in this new release, maybe this is somehow related to the new hamburger menu ... ?

I've spotted this as well and left a message. Could be related but could do with them being fixed pretty quickly. Will eventually drive me mad 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

On the positive side,  I've long been an advocate of short notes because one fat finger of fate can delete everything in a long note,  while with shorter ones you only lose a piece of history.  Now I have a new purpose...

With real-time syncing I relaxed a lot,  and I've been using tables to allow me to keep rolling records of - forinstance - Amazon purchases,  which I do too often.  I use a two column table with some summary text in the left-hand cell and copies of relevant email files (MSG or EML) in the right.  I can open these if and when necessary in my installed Outlook 2010 to get a history and/ or to forward as a reminder.  (My 365 says this feature is 'coming')

With Amazon - and a couple of other projects,  this led me to another problem - finding the relevant line in a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng table.

Now with collapsible sections I can have a list of 20 or so transactions including several emails each time,  but just appearing as a list of single-line headings on screen.

Don't know if anyone else will find that useful,  but it's a little heavenly for me...  😎

• Like 2
  • Level 5
15 minutes ago, janndk said:

As usual, zero testing when releasing an update. The new collapsible sections feature is also buggy.

You misunderstood - YOU do the testing 🤣

• Haha 6
  • Sad 2
1 hora atrás, gazumped disse:

Is this hamburger menu working for you? I click on it and nothing happens!

• Level 5
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Working for me - 

image.jpeg.f392d6dfb84da67160395b13ce2db984.jpeg

Wow. Now that's taking convenience to a really inconvenient level. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that keyboard shortcuts for menu items no longer worked, e.g., Alt+F for File. You had to use Alt to activate the menu and tab or arrow back and forth. This is the next stage in the UI devolution, I guess. Taking your fingers off the keyboard and mousing through menu levels now becomes mandatory. 😡

EDIT: PS-- no mention of that in the release notes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, janndk said:

The new collapsible sections feature is also buggy.

I haven’t noticed anything yet in my limited testing.  What are you seeing?

12 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I haven’t noticed anything yet in my limited testing.  What are you seeing?

When moving list sub-items from sub to first level, they keep "collapsible" icon, and then every next item gets "collapsible" icon without having any sub-items.

image2.png.dc427f5f6e100e732acc427ffffce967.png

• Like 1

So I have the collapsible headers when I install 10.80.2, which is great and a nice feature, plus the little arrow feature. However, the backslash feature which worked just great in 10.79 is gone, and the calendar link from the sidebar (Windows Desktop)! 

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, janndk said:

When moving list sub-items from sub to first level, they keep "collapsible" icon, and then every next item gets "collapsible" icon without having any sub-items.

image2.png.dc427f5f6e100e732acc427ffffce967.png

Thanks for posting more details.  I know you may not want to hear this but I just spent ten minutes trying to replicate this and I can't.  I moved them around to different levels, changed from text to a heading and back again.  Each time the collapsible icon shows or not shows correctly.  I'm on a Mac if it matters.  If you don't mind posting some specific replication steps, I'll give it a try.

8 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Thanks for posting more details.  I know you may not want to hear this but I just spent ten minutes trying to replicate this and I can't.  I moved them around to different levels, changed from text to a heading and back again.  Each time the collapsible icon shows or not shows correctly.  I'm on a Mac if it matters.  If you don't mind posting some specific replication steps, I'll give it a try.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, ChristianJB said:

cmd-J is not working on the Mac.  I'm shown a list of recent content and if I start typing the list does not update.  Is that what you are seeing on Windows?

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, janndk said:

Thank you for posting that.  Yes, I can reproduce it now.  Once you drag a collapsed section below "text" it appears to break, and once broken, it then does not allow indents below the broken section.  

Good find!  You really should work for Evernote QA.  Wait ... that implies there "is" an Evernote QA group ...

If you haven't already, please submit a problem ticket posting a link to this thread beginning where you first mention the problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for posting that.  Yes, I can reproduce it now.  Once you drag a collapsed section below "text" it appears to break, and once broken, it then does not allow indents below the broken section.  

Good find!  You really should work for Evernote QA.  Wait ... that implies there "is" an Evernote QA group ...

If you haven't already, please submit a problem ticket posting a link to this thread beginning where you first mention the problem.

Opening a ticket is unfortunately a total waste of time and effort. I don't think there is anybody reading them - it's just a robot answering the standard "Thanks for reaching out and for flagging up this issue. ... blah blah blah". I have several open old tickets, not answered/fixed yet.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, janndk said:

I don't think there is anybody reading them

It is not Evernote's finest moment,  but if you give up at least going through the official motions,  you may as well just move to another provider.  I do believe they're trying to get a service up and running again,  but I have been in a support team in this situation and my sympathies are all with the people working there.  They're just getting deluged with issues and complaints - and probably battering their bosses from the other side for more help.

But how do you get another 100 Evernote experts trained up in a few weeks?  The answer is: you don't.  You try and send as much help to customers as you can in standard emails - "have you tried clearing the cache?" sort of stuff in the hope that some small percentage will be able to work out their own fixes.  And you spend part if your time training new people,  and most of it dealing with insanely annoyed users.  Very very gradually,  you'll get things back to 'normal'.

I've actually seen some refunds being acknowledged and some answers being received after a few days,  so maybe - just maybe - things are getting better.

Meantime - yes; send your reports to Support because that's the only way you'll get things fixed.  Maybe not as quickly as you'd like,  but at least the company gets stats about what is broken and what bits users hate.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

It is not Evernote's finest moment,  but if you give up at least going through the official motions,  you may as well just move to another provider.  I do believe they're trying to get a service up and running again,  but I have been in a support team in this situation and my sympathies are all with the people working there.  They're just getting deluged with issues and complaints - and probably battering their bosses from the other side for more help.

But how do you get another 100 Evernote experts trained up in a few weeks?  The answer is: you don't.  You try and send as much help to customers as you can in standard emails - "have you tried clearing the cache?" sort of stuff in the hope that some small percentage will be able to work out their own fixes.  And you spend part if your time training new people,  and most of it dealing with insanely annoyed users.  Very very gradually,  you'll get things back to 'normal'.

I've actually seen some refunds being acknowledged and some answers being received after a few days,  so maybe - just maybe - things are getting better.

Meantime - yes; send your reports to Support because that's the only way you'll get things fixed.  Maybe not as quickly as you'd like,  but at least the company gets stats about what is broken and what bits users hate.

After some time, Evenotes so-called "support" sends the standard "Our team has investigated this thoroughly. Despite our efforts, we were unable to successfully replicate the problem or identify any widespread issues.... blah blah blah"

The procedure and messages/answers are always the same, which clearly tell that it's an automated system designed to give an illusion that there is a "support" who is trying to help you.

• Sad 1

I agree with that sentiment @gazumped, even though @janndk's statements are correct.

I submitted a number of tickets, to no avail. But just recently, of of them got answered and I got a ticket number. I guess, we need to rate this as success. Albeit none of the bugs relevant to me have been fixed yet.

I am looking into alternatives, but for now I am pretty much locked in.

BTW: She has been mentioned here in the forum already: my response came from Amelia. She seems to be our, possibly only as yet, hope. I understand that she is notr the one who fixes the issues. But perhaps she lets those guys know that there are issues. Very annoying ones, too.

Again, @gazumped is right, let's report the problems.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

I agree with that sentiment @gazumped, even though @janndk's statements are correct.

I submitted a number of tickets, to no avail. But just recently, of of them got answered and I got a ticket number. I guess, we need to rate this as success. Albeit none of the bugs relevant to me have been fixed yet.

I am looking into alternatives, but for now I am pretty much locked in.

BTW: She has been mentioned here in the forum already: my response came from Amelia. She seems to be our, possibly only as yet, hope. I understand that she is notr the one who fixes the issues. But perhaps she lets those guys know that there are issues. Very annoying ones, too.

Again, @gazumped is right, let's report the problems.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think "Amelia" is a real person. I have at least 5 messages (responses to a ticket) from "Amelia", and always with the exactly same text:

"Thanks for reaching out and for flagging up this issue. We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've been facing and we'd be pleased to help you out.... etc etc"

Occasionally it's also "Sofia" who answers, with the same text.

• Sad 1

Good Lord,

and I was starting to hope…

Is she (and all or her variants) an AI instance? Just today, the EU parliament has passed the new EU AI Directive. I should be looking into it…

Perhaps applicable to EN 😂

"Amelia" and "Sofia" usually work together - being the first and second to answer.

Usually it goes like this:

1. You open a ticket
2. after two days you get a message from "Amelia": "Thanks for reaching out and for flagging up this issue...
3. you answer/send more details
4. after two weeks you get a message from "Sofia": We're truly sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps we provided didn't help. We understand how frustrating it can be when something isn't working as expected, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured, your concern has been noted and reported to our developers... 
5. ticket closed!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

Probably the name is the shortcut for the text expander phrase. 

From my last support contacts I can’t tell if a person answered, using text blocks - or an AI trying to simulate a support employee. I would be not the least surprised if the 1st level support is running on an AI platform. It „reads“ the tickets and drafts an answer. 

Maybe somebody makes a brief check before the answers are send.

Just an impression, no inside knowledge.

Efficient 😁.

Yes, it's quite eccifient and smartly designed.

The user in trouble gets an answer - but but not too quickly, so it feels there is somebody at "support" working hard to answer everybody.

And the next waiting time is about two weeks, to give an illusion that "support" has really really really tried hard to investigate, but unfortunately couldn't find a solution.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I would be not the least surprised if the 1st level support is running on an AI platform. It „reads“ the tickets and drafts an answer. 

I wouldn’t be surprised either and if done well I don’t think it is a bad way to handle the “my notes have disappeared” or “why can’t I export on the web” types of questions.  Not to be too disparaging of tech support, but I typically find first level human support to be of little help.  AI responses can’t be worse. 

• Level 5

Just a little talk: I recently had a problem with my VPN Provider. I send a ticket from the app. 5 minutes later I had an email.

OK, trained by EN support I thought „my ticket number“. No, it was my answer, and it most likely came from a support employee. This was no AI brabble, he clearly had read and understood my issue. The answer was polite, but no text block Blabla, to the point and leading to a next step.

2 mails later (and 1 uninstall / reinstall) we had established he takes it to the devs desk.

The whole thing took 30 minutes.

And then I see us speculating, and I simply ask WHY ? Just make that support work - EN is among the most „precious“ apps I have subscribed.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for testing and finding all those obvious bugs that should have been found before pushing this to release. My sympathies for your aggravation.

Thanks to your sacrifice I will gladly hold off a few days and wait for the inevitable .3 or. 4 or .5 version...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, janndk said:

Prepáčte, že vás sklamem, ale nemyslím si, že „Amelia“ je skutočná osoba. Mám aspoň 5 správ (odpovedí na tiket) od „Amelie“ a vždy s presne rovnakým textom:

"Ďakujeme, že ste nás kontaktovali a upozornili na tento problém. Je nám ľúto, že ste sa stretli s nepríjemnosťami, a radi vám pomôžeme.... atď atď."

Občas je to aj „Sofia“, ktorá odpovedá rovnakým textom.

I think, she is real - look at this:

Hello Fero,

Thank you for the incredible effort you all put into compiling this detailed list.

We understand the time and thoughtfulness that went into creating this document, and we want to assure you that your feedback has been shared with our product managers and developers.

Please know that we are committed to carefully reviewing each point raised, even if we cannot provide a specific timeframe for when changes will be implemented or guarantee which features will make it into our product development.

Once again, thank you for being part of the Evernote community.

If you have any further suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Best regards,

Amelia, Evernote Support Team

Late to the party, but I just wanted to say I think the implementation here is super slick as well.

I really like everything about it. Kudos to Bending Spoons from me. 🏆

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Late to the party, but I just wanted to say I think the implementation here is super slick as well.

I really like everything about it. Kudos to Bending Spoons from me. 🏆

The idea is great, but the implementation is still at beta-stage. Looking forward to the finished version.

2 minutes ago, ferol said:

it would be great if the export to PDF had a choice - print everything or print the current view (hidden not to print)

Would be nice 👍 (UpNote has this function)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

And the bug that reset styles to default when you made a note into a template, copied it or duplicated it seems to have been fixed.

not working for me... tested now in 10.80.2 windows

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ferol said:

not working for me... tested now in 10.80.2 windows

My mistake. You are right. I forgot to actually update the style - I shouldn't  post on the forum before coffee in the morning!

• Haha 1

We've been waiting for and requesting this feature FOR 10 YEARS!! This is FAN-TAS-TIC. 

I'd love to see some Evernote users stop for a moment and actually celebrate the rapid pace of development and new feature rollout since the acquisition. 

Let's not all default to complaining about the aspects we don't like in the things we've been waiting (literally) years for 🙌

• Like 5
On 2/28/2024 at 10:32 PM, fuchsfr said:

All ready available on OBSIDIAN.

That was one of the reasons I moved there.

Works on heading and any tab indentation.

Plus I can have nested collapsible sections.

Just saying not so special.

"Other cars have had air conditioning for years. Why are you excited about your car getting air conditioning? Don't you realise that I've been over here at my optimum temperature ever since I bought my new air conditioned car? I'm so pleased with my car and its air conditioning (which has been available for a while), in fact, that I still spend time over here with you overheated dummies. #AIRCONDITIONING"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ferol said:

There is limit in sections on 10 levels?  Look here:

This is sample from Obsidian - no limits..

image.png.fc1798bd8f47437a0a223fc7195faaea.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
16 minutes ago, ferol said:

There is limit in sections in Evernote to 9 levels?  Look here:

image.png.630b08b70a08ab910dfa3587fa903f39.png

Gee, and I really wanted 10 😀.  I suspect that will be enough for 99.99% of the users.

• Like 5
Just now, s2sailor said:

Gee, and I really wanted 10 😀.  I suspect that will be enough for 99.99% of the users.

Yeah - if you really need 26 levels of indentation then get a specialized tool for that. 

How does greater than 9 levels of indentation look on mobile? Terrible.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, James Longley said:

I'd love to see some Evernote users stop for a moment and actually celebrate the rapid pace of development and new feature rollout since the acquisition. 

I am VERY happy about collapsible sections.  It has been long overdue, but the "rapid pace of development" is a double-edged sword.  We got collapsible sections but they broke the "switch to" function which I happen to use more.  So I'm celebrating, but it's tempered.  I really, really wish they would do more testing internally instead of relying on their users for testing.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Yeah - if you really need 26 levels of indentation then get a specialized tool for that. 

How does greater than 9 levels of indentation look on mobile? Terrible.

I was asking if there is a limit, not if you will use it.. e.g. in Workflowy you will use it just fine... 
Or if you prepare your mindmap like this...

25 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

but they broke the "switch to" function which I happen to use more.

And a whole host of other shortcuts as well. Chances are if you use keyboard shortcuts at all at least one will be broken. And don't go looking for the list of keyboard shortcuts because the keyboard shortcut  for the list of keyboard shortcuts is also broken.

• Sad 4
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

And a whole host of other shortcuts as well. Chances are if you use keyboard shortcuts at all at least one will be broken. And don't go looking for the list of keyboard shortcuts because the keyboard shortcut  for the list of keyboard shortcuts is also broken.

First time in a long time that I've determined to skip an Evernote update with all my might. I actually might like collapsible sections, but they're way down on my needs list. Keyboard shortcuts, though, and keyboard accessible menus.

• Like 3
  • Level 5
21 hours ago, dtwhite said:

So I have the collapsible headers when I install 10.80.2, which is great and a nice feature, plus the little arrow feature. However, the backslash feature which worked just great in 10.79 is gone, and the calendar link from the sidebar (Windows Desktop)! 

I had the same thing happen when I updated to 10.79. I had to quit Evernote (File > Quit) and restart, and the / menu came back.

• Evernote Expert

I suspect that the release of 10.80.2 has been suspended. You can d download it manually but I think it isn't being rolled out on the apps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
8 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I suspect that the release of 10.80.2 has been suspended. You can d download it manually but I think it isn't being rolled out on the apps.

And a good thing too.

• Like 2

I am satisfied so far. Everything I need is working and I was looking forward to those sections and I am already using them fully.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, gazumped said:

First Rule of Computing - never be first to use an update...  ;)

Holy words! I will no longer click the "download update" button without reading the forum first.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*

I'm with @ferol on this one - I'm managing a fairly large library in Calibre and haven't used it often enough to know how to do some stuff I need to - so I used Copilot to generate some generic 'how to's' with attached URLs for the bits I need.  Now instead of a search to find what I need amongst several notes,  this is my Calibre note body.  There's 1500 words and 33K of content there in a highly manageable and accessible format!

collapsible.jpg.3156f875afe9cd57e7ff535b5e46ddca.jpg

The headings are a bit repetitive,  but I didn't realise initially how far this little excursion was going to take me.  Some editing may follow...

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, RichardThomas said:

Holy words! I will no longer click the "download update" button without reading the forum first.

...about to pull out my beloved Windows Milenium form High school :)
... one meditated so much during restarts, even a trip to India was not necessary

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, ferol said:

...about to pull out my beloved Windows Milenium form High school :)
... one meditated so much during restarts, even a trip to India was not necessary

I still never update Windows. This seems to go against my religion. Also with the phone and other programs. It seems that Evernote was an exception, but now the universe has returned to its place.
P.S. I've never had Windows Millenium. I switched from Windows 97 straight to XP, than Win  7 and finally 10...  🧐

Just discovered something nice, apologies if it's already been mentioned. A horizontal line "resets" the header, so anything under the line is always visible. Best illustrated with a screen shot.

image.png.e83e85cd3e1589c7efa4f6c75b6f60b3.pngimage.png.d6453e3271a33bb1e65c97bbdfc72721.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2