How long have you been with Evernote?

March 2008

😬- Just shy of 15yrs.

I suspect I was using Evernote a bit earlier than this, as I've some screenshots somewhere of the first iteration with the continuous date ribbon. 

Edit: Just found original invoice (in Evernote of course), for Evernote portable 2.2 dated November 2007 for the princely sum of £19.95, on the windows mobile platform. Anyone else remember running this on the Compaq iPaq?

iPaq.jpg

• Like 2

Hi! My name's Kip and I've been an Evernote user since 2014. It basically runs my life. As I write, I have 225 notebooks containing 7156 notes, and by tonight there'll be 10 or 20 more. My favorite keystroke is Alt-Shift-M, because I'm constantly switching notes from one notebook to another. I don't use tags much because, if any one tag is shared by more than about a dozen notes, I make a notebook instead.

I’ve had two good ideas to share. The first is that, on my system, there’s no such thing as an untitled note. If I have a note that I haven't used yet, it's called “[name of notebook] blank.”  Also, until recently, I had my default notebook set to the book with the highest note count, and that was silly, because I was sacrificing a lot of load time. I made a notebook called Start Book, which never has more than about a dozen records in it, and set it as default. New records go to Start Book and then, as soon as it's convenient, I move each record into the notebook where it actually belongs.

My productivity team is Evernote, MS-Word because it takes dictation well, and LibreOffice because it's free and not complicated. /panterazero

Thank you, Evernote!

• Like 2

January 7th, 2012

Used until 2020 for personal use. From 2020 to 2022 worked in small accounting firm and the boss didn't mind me using it for managing my work.

Now I work in public company and using outside app is not acceptable so I am using company's One Note (The only employee hehe). It got some good features but Android and Web Experience looks bad. Evernote delivers consistent content on all platforms. So now I am back using Evernote for my personal and family use only.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brian Handscomb said:

EN says member since June 2011, interestingly my "Welcome to Evernote" note is dated 9 April 2010, but guess that's just the date they had last edited that welcome note.

Earliest personal note I can find is 16 June 2011.

looks like chatGPT who was arguing that we are still 2022 🙂

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 3/3/2023 at 11:28 AM, kirkwinters said:

Since April 9, 2010 -- 26987 notes (all tagged)

Is Web Clipper not responding this morning for anyone else?

There's a thread on that issue going on in one of the forums. If you're still experiencing it, the answer seems to be to switch from the "classic" Web version to the current one somewhere in your account settings.

2010 - 2011-ish. With lapses, oscillating between paid and free plans, and different accounts.

I’ve been on EN long enough that at some point I’ve moved hundreds of notes to a new kid on the block, Springboard (remember them ?)

Now, however, all of my notes reside in a mix of Onenote and individual files saved in an indexed location on my hard drive. I do help my wife with maintaining her Evernote data, she likes dumping all kinds of info into it but I am the one responsible for organizing it so she can find it later.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Wanderling Reborn said:

I do help my wife with maintaining her Evernote data, she likes dumping all kinds of info into it but I am the one responsible for organizing it so she can find it later.

My  wife doesn't use Evernote, but ... yeah. Good to know we're not alone!

• Haha 1

Since March 2010 but don't ever see subscribing again.  Everything is put behind a paywall and the prices have gone up dramatically over the past few years.   Just for fun, in the time it took for me to complete this I was able to import about 500 notes from 4 notebooks into Notion from Evernote.

• Level 5

This only proves that EN allows you to own your data - contrary to many other apps, that easily let you import, but will make it difficult to move them out again. I would check the export before I commit my notes to any app, including EN.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...