Jump to content
  • 1

Evernote for Windows 6.6 Beta 2 Released


Chantal Leonard

Idea

  • Evernote Staff

Today we're releasing version 6.6 Beta 2 - you cadownload it here. This release refines the features we announced in Beta 1 around table improvements, image previews and adds support for emojis in notes along with a number of bug fixes.  As always, we're looking to the Beta community to help us uncover bugs - please let us know if you spot any issues in your existing workflows and let us know if you're able to take advantage of the new feature improvements. 

Improvement to tables
You can now merge cells, to add more layers of organization to your tables! 
You can now copy multiple cells and paste into selected cells

Improvements to image gallery
We’ve improved the UI for the gallery to make it clearer that you’re in a different mode

Emojis
Evernote for Windows now supports emojis, so you can quickly add texture, fun, and emotion to your notes! (Supported on Windows 8 & Windows 10) 
 

Bug fixes for issues in the Beta 1 build:
When copying an Evernote table and pasting it elsewhere in a note, styles were sometimes unexpectedly changed in the pasted table 
Paste and match style was retaining the style of the copy source
Various other bug fixes

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows and the Editor team! 

--------------------

Full release notes for version 6.6: 

Evernote for Windows 6.6 Release Notes

Major improvements to tables!

Some highlights:

  • Quickly add rows and columns – via the plus button
  • Easily select cells – by clicking-and-dragging, or by clicking the column/row headers
  • Efficiently drag and drop rows & columns – by clicking on the row/column headers, and then dragging and dropping the row/column elsewhere
  • Better copy/paste – copy multiple cells, then place your cursor anywhere in the table to paste into multiple cells
  • New fixed width columns – so that as you increase/decrease one column’s width, it does not affect the next column’s width
  • New horizontally scrollable tables – so that you won’t need to expand your window wide to view a table that has many columns
  • Access advanced table functions – via the new menu which provides options such as
    • Resizing the table width to match the current window size
    • Distributing selected columns evenly
    • Adjusting alignment of content in cells
    • Changing cell background color
  • Additional info: The new tables do not support "table-in-table" or "merged cell" functionality. If you paste incompatible tables into a note, then the tables in the note will not have the updated table features or controls (including resizing). In a future update, we plan to support pasted-in tables that have merged cells.

New image gallery!

Double-click on an image to enter the gallery mode, which allows you to quickly browse all the images in your note!

New editor

Evernote for Windows now utilizes the new editor, which has been rewritten to allow for more rapid improvements to the editor moving forward.

Improved Share dialog

More easily share notes via our improved UI which allows sharing to another evernote user or through a public link.

Bug fixes

A number of user reported bugs are now fixed in this release:

  • Notes with tables and checkboxes were sometimes causing the app to hang
  • Line breaks were sometimes hidden below the bottom margin of the note
  • When attempting to repeatedly add attachments to a note, sometimes attachments fail to be added to note
  • When copying text from an email that contains dates/times that have were auto-formatted as links, sometimes the dates/times were not pastable into Evernote
  • If a user had changed their font size, began typing text and creating line breaks, and then deleted some text, the font size would sometimes unexpectedly revert back to the default size
  • Undo often did not work on the first try when there was a table in the note

----------------------------------

Screenshots

Emoji support and improved table editing with cell merging!

image.thumb.png.9e446002c7745046ca14d4a9d11d69c5.png

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

It sort of works, the action is functional just not behavior of simplify formatting - we have a request in to reverse this behavior and return simplify formatting to how it used to function 

For windows version. The white space (left and right) in displaying notes are toooooooo much! And I can not find a way to reduce them. Roll back to 6.5 now.

X 100. This drives me batty. If this is necessary, then I'd prefer a big fat gray bezel around the note that disappears if you actually use a table, but by having this white space that cannot be

Posted Images

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Major improvements to tables!

Some highlights:

  • Quickly add rows and columns – via the plus button
  • Easily select cells – by clicking-and-dragging, or by clicking the column/row headers
  • Efficiently drag and drop rows & columns – by clicking on the row/column headers, and then dragging and dropping the row/column elsewhere
  • Better copy/paste – copy multiple cells, then place your cursor anywhere in the table to paste into multiple cells
  • New fixed width columns – so that as you increase/decrease one column’s width, it does not affect the next column’s width
  • New horizontally scrollable tables – so that you won’t need to expand your window wide to view a table that has many columns
  • Access advanced table functions – via the new menu which provides options such as
    • Resizing the table width to match the current window size
    • Distributing selected columns evenly
    • Adjusting alignment of content in cells
    • Changing cell background color
  • Additional info: The new tables do not support "table-in-table" or "merged cell" functionality. If you paste incompatible tables into a note, then the tables in the note will not have the updated table features or controls (including resizing). In a future update, we plan to support pasted-in tables that have merged cells.

This is totally awesome!   ?

Please tell me that you will be adding these same features to EN Mac soon?

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
  1. What does this do? When would I not want it to remember view settings. It used to be sticky. Is it no longer? If I change a preference, will I have to do it to all 30+ notebooks individually?
  2. When will we be able to tell EN to download a notebook offline and ignore the DemandSync/Purge global settings?


 

RememberSettings.png

Link to post
  • 0
  • Evernote Support Staff
11 minutes ago, EdH said:

Settings dialog box still messed up on HDPI screens.

FontBoxHDPI.png

Thanks for the reports of this one @EdH. Confirming that it's on our backlog. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Evernote Support Staff
8 minutes ago, EdH said:

What does this do? When would I not want it to remember view settings. It used to be sticky. Is it no longer? If I change a preference, will I have to do it to all 30+ notebooks individually?

This was introduced in 6.3. It allows you to create different views for your notebooks. When you enable this option, the view config is saved for that notebook even if you change the view settings later. I.E.You're excluding the selected notebook from future view changes by telling it to keep the current view settings. 

If you do not enable this option the view changes will apply to all notebooks and will be "sticky".  

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
40 minutes ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for the reports of this one @EdH. Confirming that it's on our backlog. 

Thanks. Is the Falcon on the backlog too, because the search still doesn't let you know it is searching, and having over 19,000 notes in the cloud only takes a bit to search and return results to the UI, but you have no idea what is going on or that the search isn't done. Even know I know this is an issue, I still start changing my search terms because I think something hasn't been found with what I searched with, when it just wasn't done yet.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
35 minutes ago, Austin G said:

This was introduced in 6.3. It allows you to create different views for your notebooks. When you enable this option, the view config is saved for that notebook even if you change the view settings later. I.E.You're excluding the selected notebook from future view changes by telling it to keep the current view settings. 

If you do not enable this option the view changes will apply to all notebooks and will be "sticky".  

Ok. I missed that. I cannot find where to enable the option. You seem to turn on a saved setting via the icon next to the search bar, then save it in the right-click menu on the folder?

Link to post
  • 0
  • Evernote Staff
2 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

This is totally awesome!   ?

Please tell me that you will be adding these same features to EN Mac soon?

Indeed. Stay tuned as these improvements will make it into our next Mac release (6.12). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  After returning from switching to a free account the message below is displayed in the Note area of the premium account.  Also the Chat icon is added to the toolbar.  You have to File - Exit to make the message and the Show/Hide drop down go away; edit the tool bar to make the Chat icon go away.

ScreenClip.png.10df628d43b77b7ea6144f4c9cacab03.png

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  Had a previous table with colored text.  Changed the background color and the colored text was changed to default.

1.png.f4714d80986d28dfa587bd84dc144dae.png

ScreenClip.png.827e8af1d3f7db99704c746a603d4f82.png

 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Evernote Support Staff
On 6/1/2017 at 8:11 PM, EdH said:

Ok. I missed that. I cannot find where to enable the option. You seem to turn on a saved setting via the icon next to the search bar, then save it in the right-click menu on the folder?

When you select "remember view setting", this enabled the option. I should have probably said "feature".  After you select that, you'll also notice the "Always use for Notebook [title]" option is alos checked, and vice versa. So both options toggle the same feature. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  The column widths of the tables in many of my older phone log notes are still having column widths changed.  It goes to a 50/50 of the table width, which is narrow.  These notes were not modified using 6.6.1.  The issue with getting stuck with the column width drag icon seems to have been fixed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  If I have a search with two tags, it takes multiple clicks on the x next to a tag to delete from the search criteria in the search explanation area.

Image.png.306cf91bac962d62a47066cd1c4490c4.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Cosmetics.

  1. A row inserted in a table does not inherit the style of the row above/below it.
  2. The drop down arrow for cell formatting hides right justified text.
  3. The table UI elements do not disappear unless you click below the table, beside and title don't do it.
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bugs - Encryption.

  1. Existing encrypted tables do no have any of the new table UI.
  2. You cannot double click the encrypted icon on second visit to the note.  You have to right click - show encrypted text to enter the password.
  3. You cannot encrypt a table anymore, only cells, one at a time.
  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  Highlighting the contents of a cell and dragging it to another cell changes the cell format.  Leaving and returning to the note seems to fix it.  After the drop shown below.

ScreenClip.png.a0f4abcb70da550d9daef34c808bad07.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Can confirm all around border is back for PDFs, no missing corners.  Also, occasional artifact at bottom of table seems to be gone.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

The merge cells in tables is very nice, thanks.  :)

Don't know if it is by design or not, but if you highlight text drag from a merged cell to a singular cell the original merged cells get un-merged, and the layout looks squirrelly until you leave/enter the note.  Not what I expected.  It works as I would expect if dragging from single to merged other than the squirrelly look, the text appears in the merged cell.

1.png.8199f584dcb217bc56b4c9f7904747cf.png

2.png.b4bca7d15a17d8357fcf2b6339aa4803.png

3.png.9c33827938d4cc169380a9049e9bacea.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

There is still something weird going on since beta 1 with Note font and font size in Options affecting parts of web clipped notes, as well as other changes to the note layout.

 

Skärmbild (246).png

Skärmbild (228).png

 

Two screenshots of the same old clipped note. First picture is 6.5.4 and second picture from 6.6 has:

-Changed the font of the title
-Changed the alignment of the first column to the middle, and not the top
-Removed the background colors
-Changed the colors of the links
-Made the space between the numbering and the text in the body smaller

 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Relative to the copy/paste from a web site.  This version is much better.  Firefox seems to do better as a copy from medium, at least for this page.  Highlighted the OP from this thread with Chrome and FF and pasted into a notes.  Results below.

1.png.2c9a9ec6d1c360f5a0d1d603f62f5218.png

ScreenClip.png.8b27c777e042dcad044efbbe478102cd.png

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Discrepancy.  Emojiis created by text " : ) " show as picture in note,  but boxed in auto-filled title.  Titles don't support emojiis.

593140f5c5469_ScreenClip9.png.c62ef4cfe750eaaf6e2ac62d109e62c1.png

I got some emojis to show in the note, and some would not. But like you said, in the title, none.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

The annoying overlap between the last tag and the dropdown still exists since 6.5. I have accidentally removed about 10 tags since, when going for the dropdown and it's a hassle since there is no easy way to figure out which tag was removed..

It also makes it impossible to click on the right-arrow that adds the tag to search.

 

 

 

Skärmbild (247).png

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Austin G said:

When you select "remember view setting", this enabled the option. I should have probably said "feature".  After you select that, you'll also notice the "Always use for Notebook [title]" option also get's checked, and vice versa. So both options toggle the same feature. 

Ahhh, makes total sense now. Thx. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, csihilling said:

Bug.  Had a previous table with colored text.  Changed the background color and the colored text was changed to default.

1.png.f4714d80986d28dfa587bd84dc144dae.png

ScreenClip.png.827e8af1d3f7db99704c746a603d4f82.png

 

The Text color change is a bit over zealous, if you make a light background color we make the text black, if a dark background color the made is made white, currently we are not honoring any custom color changes (we over write them) - we have a bug to track this.  

Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, csihilling said:

Bug.  The column widths of the tables in many of my older phone log notes are still having column widths changed.  It goes to a 50/50 of the table width, which is narrow.  These notes were not modified using 6.6.1.  The issue with getting stuck with the column width drag icon seems to have been fixed.

Do you happen to have an ENEX file you wouldn't mind sharing with CS so Dev and take a look to see what is going on with the table? 

Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, csihilling said:

Cosmetics.

  1. A row inserted in a table does not inherit the style of the row above/below it.
  2. The drop down arrow for cell formatting hides right justified text.
  3. The table UI elements do not disappear unless you click below the table, beside and title don't do it.

Thanks, tickets to track item 1 & 2, talking with design about item 3

Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, csihilling said:

Bug.  If you Ctrl-: the date and time into a table the font is different on IOS.

Sorry the default font is being used, so it will be different.  And currently we are not using a common font across OS's and Devices. 

Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, csihilling said:

The merge cells in tables is very nice, thanks.  :)

Don't know if it is by design or not, but if you highlight text drag from a merged cell to a singular cell the original merged cells get un-merged, and the layout looks squirrelly until you leave/enter the note.  Not what I expected.  It works as I would expect if dragging from single to merged other than the squirrelly look, the text appears in the merged cell.

1.png.8199f584dcb217bc56b4c9f7904747cf.png

2.png.b4bca7d15a17d8357fcf2b6339aa4803.png

3.png.9c33827938d4cc169380a9049e9bacea.png

"Clean up" runs when you leave the note, in this case, it should run to keep things proper on move. 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
36 minutes ago, Jason Miller said:

Thanks, tickets to track item 1 & 2, talking with design about item 3

Don't know if it possible to have the table UI appear when hovering over the table or not, but that would simplify the user side of this.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
59 minutes ago, Jason Miller said:

Sorry the default font is being used, so it will be different.  And currently we are not using a common font across OS's and Devices. 

I should have been clearer.  The date is created on the PC with default font.  It appears on IOS as not default font of IOS, see below.  In the example below in row 3 column 2 I typed continuously with Ctrl-; in the middle, no font changes. The text after the date is obviously not default.

Worse though, if I modify the note on IOS the column widths are changed upon syncing back to the PC.  Not good I don't think.  ENEX of test note attached.

IMG_0339.thumb.PNG.171eaac1f86c56a2f7117764ee875bc0.PNG

Test note.enex

Link to post
  • 0

For me kind of disappointment in relation to the image improvements. When I copy/paste or insert a picture it always appears at the largest size taking all of the note space. I have to manually adjust the size for each picture but that is now even more boresome with having to move several times the mouse to get to smallest size. Much easier would be in Options there is an option to reduce photo always to smallest size or to click right on a picture with an option of small/medium/big or simply double click and automatically reduces to a smaller size. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jason Miller said:

"Clean up" runs when you leave the note, in this case, it should run to keep things proper on move. 

Not sure I understand this.  Are you saying that if one moves some text in a note one has to exit and return to the note to continue editing?:  Or is it a bug?

Link to post
  • 0
7 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Not sure I understand this.  Are you saying that if one moves some text in a note one has to exit and return to the note to continue editing?:  Or is it a bug?

We have a normalization routine to clean up the HTML in the background, but it doesn't run while the note is being edited - for your current table issue you might need to switch notes and return (to continue editing the table) until we fix this

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Jason Miller said:

We have a normalization routine to clean up the HTML in the background, but it doesn't run while the note is being edited - for your current table issue you might need to switch notes and return (to continue editing the table) until we fix this

You had me at bug....   ;)

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  Don't know if this is 6.6.2 or IOS 8.2.2, but if you edit a table on IOS (just add text to a cell)  the table widths on the PC will be adjusted.  I thought this was fixed, but it keeps happening, to me anyway.  So no more editing on IOS for me until someone tells me this is resolved (standard editor I'm assuming).  PITA when tables are an integral part of your workflow.  :(

Link to post
  • 0

"Simplify formatting" has gone all strange in 6.6 - I used to use it all the time to remove pesky formatting, but when I use it now (or when I try to paste simplified text using shift-control-V) it just creates a big mess of text and symbols on the screen.

 

 

Capture.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, e-noted said:

"Simplify formatting" has gone all strange in 6.6 - I used to use it all the time to remove pesky formatting, but when I use it now (or when I try to paste simplified text using shift-control-V) it just creates a big mess of text and symbols on the screen.

 

 

Capture.JPG

Agree with that. What I discovered was that it is better to clip with "Simplified Page" as the default - then I need to use remove formatting or simplify formatting much less. Deleting space between paragraphs is hit/miss because there is no consistency in the way line spacing, and in some cases, character spacing is handled, resulting in some very funky-looking notes. The other thing with removing the formatting on a clipped page within Evernote can result in a black box covering the entire note, but with no way to remove it, and no way to see the text behind it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, FactMan said:

Agree with that. What I discovered was that it is better to clip with "Simplified Page" as the default - then I need to use remove formatting or simplify formatting much less. Deleting space between paragraphs is hit/miss because there is no consistency in the way line spacing, and in some cases, character spacing is handled, resulting in some very funky-looking notes. The other thing with removing the formatting on a clipped page within Evernote can result in a black box covering the entire note, but with no way to remove it, and no way to see the text behind it.

And to add fun to the process, different browsers may generate different results.  Not a clipper thing, but copy/paste from FF works better than Chrome for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
On 6/2/2017 at 0:52 AM, runsheng said:

For windows version.

The white space (left and right) in displaying notes are toooooooo much! And I can not find a way to reduce them.

Roll back to 6.5 now.

 

It is the same for me. I love the new tables feature, and my team will also. But this gap is a problem.

EN left gap.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
29 minutes ago, cleverusername said:

It is the same for me. I love the new tables feature, and my team will also. But this gap is a problem.

EN left gap.jpg

X 100.

This drives me batty. If this is necessary, then I'd prefer a big fat gray bezel around the note that disappears if you actually use a table, but by having this white space that cannot be used is engaging my OCD.

  • Like 4
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  If you create a new note in its own window, add a table to the note, and then close the own window you end up with an additional new note titled Untitled note containing a table of the same size.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.10cb50b7c6adf9d7bc503e8cf6aad843.png

 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Search bug.  

I have been putting version numbers for differing things into EN in the form 1.1.1 for quite a while now.  When I search I use "1.1.1" which generates a 1 1 1 in succession search.  This has worked fine up until this beta, not sure if it was .1 or .2 where it stopped.

  • If I run the search on the laptop running 6.5, the results are instant.  That laptop also uses On Demand Sync so the results are coming from the server as well I suppose.
  • If I run the search on the laptop 6.6.2 the results take the better part of a minute.  This laptop has a local DB and is my main, faster machine.  I know, living on the wild side.
  • In addition to the above performance issue, the 6.5 version returns 28 results, the 6.6.2 version returns 19 results. To complicate things, the 6.5 version has 11 notes not on the 6.6.2 list, and the 6.6.2 list has 2 notes not on the 6.5 list.  Some of the returned notes contain PDFs and a quick check says "1 1 1" does not exist in all of them.
  • The notebook in context for the search has 16,578 notes in it.
  • Change "1.1.1" to 1_1_1 and the search is instant on both devices, as you would expect.

Has something been changed in indexing/search in this beta?  I also notice a lot more at random syncs with this beta.  Me or true?  

I had a busy week and have been trying to catch up today but whenever I turnaround an issue arises and I diligently report it.  About to go back to 6.5.  Pub time.  <end of whine>

Link to post
  • 0

I've been having problem with the tables since update.

1. My old tables disappeared, and not able to edit further, so I have to create new tables.

Screenshot_1.png.504760124fad419b3bc154fd4cce23bd.png

 

2. The new features are nice, but after closing the window and coming back, I'm unable to edit again. No, not even adding a row through right-click and B.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.89367aff58a2ab7ca2ea841ca87d62a6.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

Bug. When inserting a table into a note captured from a web page (iOS, Safari), the contents of the note disappear. There also seems to be an issue where note images disappear from the note after viewing the gallery. Not sure if related to the insertion of the table as I was testing after I discovered the problem.

As a long time lurker I had to post after getting this update to state this is a fantastic step forward for editing features.

enb-01.PNG

enb-02.PNG

enb-03.PNG

enb-04.PNG

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

I want to report an installation issue with this new Evernote app update. [Running Win10 1703 Build 15063.296]  I updated this morning because it was suggested, but the installation process required me to "turn off" Malwarebytes protection automatically.  At the end of the process, Malwarebytes was re-opened, but the Exploit Protection in Malwarebytes was turned off and could not be turned back on.  Restart of the computer, etc. did not help.  

I solved my immediate problem by deleting Evernote and Malwarebytes and re-installing the latter (only), but felt you should know about the issue.  (Yes, I am going to let the Malwarebytes people know about this also.)

It is a shame, the desktop version is the only version I find actually useful as I find it difficult to do any editing in the web or mobile versions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

I really liked the changes from 6.6.1 so I went ahead and made use of them in my tables, both old and new. After today's update I noticed that one of my tables got messed up, maybe because it is the only one with checkboxes in it. However, it became a plain table like the ones I made before 6.6.1 and there is no way to apply any of the new table tools to it anymore. It also got twice the size of my screen, but, again, there is no way to resize it at all, not even by dragging. The background colors are still there. 

Link to post
  • 0
On 02/06/2017 at 0:17 AM, Chantal Leonard said:

Improvement to tables

I like the new tables and we have been crying out for this for a long time ... however:

I note that, whereas I clearly have the cell alignment set to "Top", when I print from the Windows app it prints as centre aligned.  If I print the same document from the web app then it prints OK, but there must be some bug there that is not respecting the alignment.

On a slightly related note - neither print method (app or web) prints the highlighting - and that is a loooooooong standing bug.

KD

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
40 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

Hi. Are the new table features also available to tables created prior to this release?

Mostly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
在 2017-6-4 在 AM1點24分, cleverusername說:

It is the same for me. I love the new tables feature, and my team will also. But this gap is a problem.

EN left gap.jpg

I recommend to use a translucent bar inside the tables so that we can scroll the table without hiding contents & suffering from the annoying gaps.

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 0
16 hours ago, KD Johnson said:

Spell checking seems to be disabled within tables.  This may be deliberate, but it would be useful to have it as an option.

KD

Spell check is working for me (using new tables on windows 10) - can I get more info about what you are (or are not) seeing ?

Link to post
  • 0
17 hours ago, KD Johnson said:

I like the new tables and we have been crying out for this for a long time ... however:

I note that, whereas I clearly have the cell alignment set to "Top", when I print from the Windows app it prints as centre aligned.  If I print the same document from the web app then it prints OK, but there must be some bug there that is not respecting the alignment.

On a slightly related note - neither print method (app or web) prints the highlighting - and that is a loooooooong standing bug.

KD

Thanks for the info, taking it to the Dev Team

Link to post
  • 0
On 6/3/2017 at 1:07 PM, csihilling said:

Bug.  If you create a new note in its own window, add a table to the note, and then close the own window you end up with an additional new note titled Untitled note containing a table of the same size.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.10cb50b7c6adf9d7bc503e8cf6aad843.png

 

Hi

I think I am missing a step, since I haven't been able to recreate this, what i did

1) Set create new in new window

2) Create a new note

3) Add a table (and a title)

4) Close window

5) Check notes, I only have the new note I just created, I don't have a 2nd untitled note with a table.

Link to post
  • 0
On 6/3/2017 at 9:11 PM, ipeoplegogo said:

I've been having problem with the tables since update.

1. My old tables disappeared, and not able to edit further, so I have to create new tables.

Screenshot_1.png.504760124fad419b3bc154fd4cce23bd.png

 

2. The new features are nice, but after closing the window and coming back, I'm unable to edit again. No, not even adding a row through right-click and B.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.89367aff58a2ab7ca2ea841ca87d62a6.png

Sorry for the problems

Do you happen to have the ENEX file export for a note where a table has disappeared (you can send it to Support, who will share with the editor team)

Can you go back in history and recover the table? 

And can we have an ENEX of a note where you can't edit the table after creating it so dev can take a look?

Link to post
  • 0
On 6/4/2017 at 1:43 AM, ケビン said:

Bug. When inserting a table into a note captured from a web page (iOS, Safari), the contents of the note disappear. There also seems to be an issue where note images disappear from the note after viewing the gallery. Not sure if related to the insertion of the table as I was testing after I discovered the problem.

As a long time lurker I had to post after getting this update to state this is a fantastic step forward for editing features.

enb-01.PNG

enb-02.PNG

enb-03.PNG

enb-04.PNG

Do you have an ENEX file that you don't mind sharing (you can send it to the CS folks) and we can track down what is causing this bug? 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Jason Miller said:

Hi

I think I am missing a step, since I haven't been able to recreate this, what i did

1) Set create new in new window

2) Create a new note

3) Add a table (and a title)

4) Close window

5) Check notes, I only have the new note I just created, I don't have a 2nd untitled note with a table.

This is hard to repro, but I've seen it without tables, It seems the Windows client does some background sync before the title is set. Then either the server thinks it has the latest or it is syncing in the background to some mobile device, then it sees the windows client has updated again, so it creates a duplicate due to a perceived conflict.

This is NOT new.

My workflow now is to create a note and let it sync pretty much empty or with minimal data, then let the client sync, then I manually sync again for good measure, then it seems to be ok going forward. it is only during new note creation I've witnessed this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Jason Miller said:

Do you have an ENEX file that you don't mind sharing (you can send it to the CS folks) and we can track down what is causing this bug? 

Ticket submitted with screenshots, log, and enex files. I've done more testing and this only seems to affect notes captured from iOS Safari.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

Hi

I think I am missing a step, since I haven't been able to recreate this, what i did

1) Set create new in new window

2) Create a new note

3) Add a table (and a title)

4) Close window

5) Check notes, I only have the new note I just created, I don't have a 2nd untitled note with a table.

Yeah, got me, I cannot recreate it either.  We can chalk it up to a fringe conditional thingee or a brain f@rt on my part.  Let's go with the latter.  :blush:

Link to post
  • 0
On 02/06/2017 at 11:34 AM, NoLife said:

the table editor still has bug does not show everything. But I am not sure if it is just me?

*Note: Not sure if it is table editor. Sorry if I make a mistake

evernotebug1_6.6beta2.png

Same for me, drop down menu goes below enclosed PDF

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

If you try to set the same characters attributes for whole column/line, all selected text just toggle instead of uniforming.

Also, new lines does not remember the characters attributes, only the background.

Image.png

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.

Tables and Outlook Clipper

  • Clip recent Evernote Blog post email (Tiago Forte) to Evernote
  • Email content is limited to narrow table column
  • Original Email disappeared (??) and Outlook locked up - unable to repeat process without restarting it.
  • Task Manager shows Outlook no longer running

Simplify / Remove formatting doesn't change note layout.  It is possible to make table wider.

EN1.thumb.jpg.56808dcf9ecd323e035646d8613b33e9.jpg

Edit:  reopened Outlook from the system tray,  then force quit it via Task Manager.  Restarted.  Still no sign of the original email in inbox or bin :unsure: clipped another email from LinkedIn.  Table size was better,  and it looked like I could continue clipping - no lock up this time.  Weird.  :blink:

Link to post
  • 0

Hi,

I have Windows 6.6.2.5173 

In a note with a list of checkbox [ ], no other things such as tables, etc... Simple cut and paste fails: If I select one line or more, Ctrl X, and go to some other part to Ctrl V, the checkbox which I always place in front of the task, appears with an intro, or at the end, depending on the case. I attach example. 

I have another laptop with the previous verion, and on the same note, this does not happen. 

Thanks !!

2017-06-07 00-10-59.png

Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, RubenVL said:

Hi,

I have Windows 6.6.2.5173 

In a note with a list of checkbox [ ], no other things such as tables, etc... Simple cut and paste fails: If I select one line or more, Ctrl X, and go to some other part to Ctrl V, the checkbox which I always place in front of the task, appears with an intro, or at the end, depending on the case. I attach example. 

I have another laptop with the previous verion, and on the same note, this does not happen. 

Thanks !!

2017-06-07 00-10-59.png

I am not able to recreate this. I tried adding a TODO and then my task, and I tried adding a task and then putting the checkbox in front of that line, and used highlight and strike through and checked things off.  Every time I cut and paste, I don't get what you are seeing above. 

Did I miss a step in how the TODO list was created ?

Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-6-5 at 11:37 AM, Jason Miller said:

Do you have an ENEX file that you don't mind sharing (you can send it to the CS folks) and we can track down what is causing this bug? 

Hi there, 

Sorry I was on vacation and away from computer. I'm not sure how to obtain ENEX file, and I actually uninstalled and re-installed the desktop version. Now it's stuck on 6.5 yet saying it's the newest version :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, ipeoplegogo said:

Hi there, 

Sorry I was on vacation and away from computer. I'm not sure how to obtain ENEX file, and I actually uninstalled and re-installed the desktop version. Now it's stuck on 6.5 yet saying it's the newest version :(

Have you checked in Tools > Options > General to see if 'Enable beta features' is ticked?  (Assuming you want to dive back in...)

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
11 hours ago, ipeoplegogo said:

Hi there, 

Sorry I was on vacation and away from computer. I'm not sure how to obtain ENEX file, and I actually uninstalled and re-installed the desktop version. Now it's stuck on 6.5 yet saying it's the newest version :(

If you need to share the ENEX file later on - which exports the note for Customer service to look at - You can right click on a note in snippet view and say export note or if you are in the note you can go to File -> Export (make sure ENEX is the file format for exporting) and then save to where ever you like and send to Customer service (if the need arrises) 

Link to post
  • 0
On 6/7/2017 at 3:40 AM, Jason Miller said:

I am not able to recreate this. I tried adding a TODO and then my task, and I tried adding a task and then putting the checkbox in front of that line, and used highlight and strike through and checked things off.  Every time I cut and paste, I don't get what you are seeing above. 

Did I miss a step in how the TODO list was created ?

Hi Jason, Sorry for my delay. 

highlight or strike do not affect, no need for it to fail. I attach a couple of screenshots showing before and after (I cover the text just for privacy). But basically:

  • It's a long note, only of TODOs all with the checkbox in front. 
  • I use to check things, and move them up and down (priority list) by Cut and Paste. 
  • When I cut a full line (I select all line and Ctr X), doesnt matter where I do Ctrl V (can be in same line), it will suddenly get this weird layout on one line checkbox one line text. 
  • I do the same operation, in the same sync note in version 6.5.4.4720 in another laptop I work with (same OS, win10) and this does not happen. I'm sure if something new of the editor since I do this operation daily since for years, but just start failing right after update. 

Thank you so much for checking.

PS: I think it's irrelevant, but just in case, I'm premium account but with a Chinese Evernote acct, here I use my international normal account just to post. 

evernote2.png

evernote1.png

Link to post
  • 0

Bug: Tables in Present mode

Although the newly resized  table columns display properly on Windows, Android and Web and even print at the specified widths, if I choose "Present" then they all come out at equal widths across the screen.

KD

Link to post
  • 0

I like the new Gallery.

The fonts are still a mess (do we really need all that different fonts?). They have to be the same among Windows, Mac, Web, Mobile.

I have the same (ugly) b&w emojis in my version from the Windows Store already in the stable release. Are they supposed to be colourful in the beta? Coloured emojis would be easier to spot. How are notebooks with emojis at the front of the title sorted?

It would be nice to have a beta channel on the Windows Store.

:)

 

Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, jaykob said:

I like the new Gallery.

The fonts are still a mess (do we really need all that different fonts?). They have to be the same among Windows, Mac, Web, Mobile.

I have the same (ugly) b&w emojis in my version from the Windows Store already in the stable release. Are they supposed to be colourful in the beta? Coloured emojis would be easier to spot. How are notebooks with emojis at the front of the title sorted?

It would be nice to have a beta channel on the Windows Store.

:)

 

Color Emojis would be nice, there is a request in for this change.

Sorting would be by special characters, numbers and then letters (unless you do reverse order :-) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, javiermz said:

There is too much padding (margins left and right) in the note´s field.

Is there any way to decrease it?

Image.png

Sadly, no. Just keep bringing it up though because you aren't the only one that doesn't like this change. It looks horrible, and I keep trying to outdent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
On 6/1/2017 at 11:31 PM, csihilling said:

Bugs - Encryption.

  1. Existing encrypted tables do no have any of the new table UI.
  2. You cannot double click the encrypted icon on second visit to the note.  You have to right click - show encrypted text to enter the password.
  3. You cannot encrypt a table anymore, only cells, one at a time.

To add to this, to be specific, you cannot add a row to a previously encrypted table.  This is problematic.  I have been using an encrypted table note for personnel discussions and performance notes.  Can't use the note anymore without rebuilding in some form within EN or using a different method.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
On 6/1/2017 at 5:44 PM, EdH said:

Thanks. Is the Falcon on the backlog too, because the search still doesn't let you know it is searching, and having over 19,000 notes in the cloud only takes a bit to search and return results to the UI, but you have no idea what is going on or that the search isn't done. Even know I know this is an issue, I still start changing my search terms because I think something hasn't been found with what I searched with, when it just wasn't done yet.

I was at Starbucks over the weekend and I guess their wifi was slow. It took nearly 30 seconds for Evernote to finish the results. I actually had given up thinking the note wasn't there and I took to Google to find the info. 

There really needs to be a progress indicator that Search is working or done. At this point, I would grudgingly be ok with not having the Falcon gif as showing it is working. But we need SOMETHING to show it is not done - or cannot be done in the event you are offline (airplane) and just a message that messages on the server cannot be searched at this time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, jgenther said:

I am also having content disappearing like ケビン

Content disappears after pasting, after clipping from Chrome, or clipping from Outlook. Paste of images doesn't work so well either. 

Could share some examples or ENEX files (you can send those to CS) so we can track down the problem?  (was the content there before, or there on other clients?) 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

Bug.  A table created pasting from Excel into a table only seems to have access to the table UI when the note is opened in its own window.  Steps

  1. .Create a table like this in excel:   ScreenClip.png.258a1308cfdc1127b01caecc6feb25e2.png
  2. Open a note in a new window.
  3. Create a 5x1 table in the note, 1 row 5 columns.
  4. Copy the table from Excel and do a Ctrl-V into the first column of the table in EN.
  5. Three rows get added to the table and all works well relative to using the new table UI.
  6. Close the note window in its own window and try to edit the table using the table UI in the note window panel.
  7. It doesn't work.

I stumbled on this as I was attempting to add some data to a table from Excel.

Edited by csihilling
Clarity
Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Bug.  A table created pasting from Excel into a table only seems to have access to the table UI when the note is opened in its own window.  Steps

  1. .Create a table like this in excel:   ScreenClip.png.258a1308cfdc1127b01caecc6feb25e2.png
  2. Open a note in a new window.
  3. Create a 5x1 table in the note, 1 row 5 columns.
  4. Copy the table from Excel and do a Ctrl-V into the first column of the table in EN.
  5. Three rows get added to the table and all works well relative to using the new table UI.
  6. Close the note window and try to edit the table using the table UI in the note window.
  7. It doesn't work.

I stumbled on this as I was attempting to add some data to a table from Excel.

Thanks for the note and steps, checking out the problem 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

Thanks for the note and steps, checking out the problem 

Thanks.  Yeah, noticed that step six should say close the note in its own window....  But I'm sure you got the drift....

Link to post
  • 0

Has ANYONE fixed the printing yet????  Been asking for years...when printing direct from evernote, margins, etc.. are all off...never centered, graphics missing and/or backgrounds from documents, etc...please look into it...and please add a "Scan To Evernote"....thanks.

Again...this is in Evernote...not print drivers, etc....I've tried on 8 different friends / family pc's...Thx.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, Harris121 said:

Has ANYONE fixed the printing yet????  Been asking for years...when printing direct from evernote, margins, etc.. are all off...never centered, graphics missing and/or backgrounds from documents, etc...please look into it...and please add a "Scan To Evernote"....thanks.

Fat chance, we've been moaning for years, it's been acknowledged as broken but nothing's ever been done to improve it.

To top it all, the (very very welcome!) improvements to table handling are also completely broken when printing, so now we have even more printing problems.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...