Missing features, bugs and wishlist in v.10 - Clear detailed table

Go to solution Solved by ferol,

41 minutes ago, ben353253 said:

You're right. It would be crazy to expect feature parity with their 10+ year old product. No doubt a lot to ask of a product to be as good as its predecessor. 

Give me a break. 

Feel free to write here what else I should add to the table and I will add it there. 

Whether it's a missing feature or a new feature, it doesn't matter. I've already sent it through a ticket and we'll see. We never know in advance what will or won't be heard and implemented.

40 minutes ago, ferol said:

Feel free to write here what else I should add to the table and I will add it there. 

Wow, you put some effort into this. Thank you.

What always drives me nuts is that when I want to add tags to a note, V10 - as opposed to Legacy - shows an endless scrollable list of ALL tags that have ever been created instead of a list of all tags that have been used in the specific notebook the note is in. This was much more convenient since probability is high that I would reuse one of the tags already present in this notebook.

'Tag list not filtered by current notebook when adding tags to a note'

And on a second note tag management is horrible, hasn't been good in Legacy but is all but unusable in V10. And since we don't have folders we were supposed to use tags from the start.

7 minutes ago, Feitz said:

Wow, you put some effort into this. Thank you.

What always drives me nuts is that when I want to add tags to a note, V10 - as opposed to Legacy - shows an endless scrollable list of ALL tags that have ever been created instead of a list of all tags that have been used in the specific notebook the note is in. This was much more convenient since probability is high that I would reuse one of the tags already present in this notebook.

'Tag list not filtered by current notebook when adding tags to a note'

And on a second note tag management is horrible, hasn't been good in Legacy but is all but unusable in V10. And since we don't have folders we were supposed to use tags from the start.

done...

rows in table:

A.04
C.15

• Thanks 1
On 2/27/2024 at 2:52 PM, ferol said:

I've put together a table of things that I personally miss on the current version on Windows.
Update: the table has been redone in general, not just by me... but collected comments from several users.
I will be glad if you write other tips, what bothers you and what is missing.. Because it is now scattered over a quantum of threads and I can't keep track of everything..

Great! May I invite you to discussion EN-Teams account to collect/view/comment issues (bugs and wishes)?
And: You're free to catch up things from EN10 - missing features (from beloved Legacy) 😉

5 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Just a thought, but if this list is presented as what is in Legacy but missing from v10 then I don’t think Evernote will be interested.  V10 is a new product and I doubt they are interested in making a Legacy clone.  If this list is limited to feature enhancements, especially those that may benefit a wide audience, or potentially gain them new users, then, I think there may be a greater chance in getting their interest and attention.

That's kinda the whole problem. Evernote is not interested in their customer base at all. But it would be nice of them to make an appearance here and tell us as much (maybe in more pleasant terms). Otherwise, we shall continue to cry into the wilderness in hopes of some response...

Another option, of course, is for EN to actually respond to support requests, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, kkarney said:

That's kinda the whole problem. Evernote is not interested in their customer base at all. But it would be nice of them to make an appearance here and tell us as much (maybe in more pleasant terms). Otherwise, we shall continue to cry into the wilderness in hopes of some response...

Another option, of course, is for EN to actually respond to support requests, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

I write to them in support. But they are obviously overwhelmed right now, so I don't expect a response for the next few weeks/months. But let them have it...

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, kkarney said:

Evernote is not interested in their customer base at all.

I think some folks are defining customer base interest as waiting until v10 is 100% the same as Legacy.  They've waited until only 1% of the Legacy customers were left.  That sounds like they were interested in not pissing off the entire Legacy crowd.  I was recommending last year that they should just yank off the bandaid and be done with it.  I guess it is a good thing I don't run the company.

But it would be nice of them to make an appearance here and tell us as much (maybe in more pleasant terms).

It wasn't done here but there was a blog post that went into some detail behind the decision.

https://evernote.com/blog/legacy-decommissioning

They are showing interest in improving the app (though maybe not in the direction some Legacy users want) and adding some long-awaited features.  I'm not thrilled with everything ... the new UI for example, but we either use what they provide and work to improve it through bug reports and reasoned feature requests or we move on to another app that better meets our needs.

Otherwise, we shall continue to cry into the wilderness in hopes of some response...

That won't get you anywhere and I suspect you could put your time to better use.

Support is terrible, but responses do come ... currently at a glacial pace.  Everyone is hoping they get this under control sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

Thanks for the list @ferol! I certainly miss Multi-Language Spell Checking and others from the list. Here are a few more issues and suggestions:

• A note can't have an image or attachment in the same line with text (a single image or attachment always take an entire line in EN10). Due to that, I lost formatting of many notes from many years. Ironically, here in the forums I can do the same I could in legacy, something like this → "text image.png.77b246c78958500bd8722045941917bb.png text", while in an EN10 note it looks like this:
    text
    image.png.0b0d0982ec2a4c7ecf2e199beb355ca9.png
    text
  • There is no indication if a note is (or all notes are) saved or synced (but there is in the web version!). This is important if you want to be really sure something is saved and synced before turning off the computer!
  • "Outlining" and / or "folding" is a feature that I'd love to have, and I think most users would find really useful.
  • I'd love to be able to directly edit the XML / HTML content of a note (to make my own fancy formatting, fix formatting issues, and more).
  • Since this is an Electron app, we can edit the app CSS / HTML to change the GUI (e.g., I'd like to remove some empty space in the sidebar), but having official support for "skinning" the UI (like Joplin does) would be great!
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

There is no indication if a note is (or all notes are) saved or synced (but there is in the web version!). This is important if you want to be really sure something is saved and synced before turning off the computer!

I can understand this, though I haven't had problems with it myself. You mention the Web version. The best way to be sure might be to have the same note open in the desktop app and the Web version, edit it in one of them, and wait for the edits to appear in the other. I don't think anything could be better confirmation than that. (There used to be a sync indicator in the Web version, but I haven't seen it there in a long time.)

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

"Outlining" and / or "folding" is a feature that I'd love to have, and I think most users would find really useful.

This has actually been publicly announced: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/150550-collapsible-sections-coming-to-evernote/.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

There is no indication if a note is (or all notes are) saved or synced (but there is in the web version!). This is important if you want to be really sure something is saved and synced before turning off the computer!

It is also important if you are traveling.  Desktop is the only version that does not show you if the note is downloaded or not.  The assumption is everything is downloaded, but there is a problem with that currently and a few users have discovered that while in airline mode.  I wish they would just add the indicators that they use in mobile.

Hello, @ferol - 

could you please add the issue to your table where a search for part of a word is treated differently in the title and the body text? There should not be any difference in behaviour, otherwise search results become inconsistent.

Thanks, Claus

12 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Just a thought, but if this list is presented as what is in Legacy but missing from v10 then I don’t think Evernote will be interested.  V10 is a new product and I doubt they are interested in making a Legacy clone.

I hope you are not right. If I were BS and was presented with a detailed list of what was missing / what was not working I would certainly have a look at it and see where my new product needs improvement. Many gripes we have with V10 are related to V10 not following established rules or implementing certain features in an awkward way.

If they don't even have a look at it then they don't deserve our money. You can have a different feature set in a new/altered product but you should not make it lacking basic features, functionality and usage principles. I remember when Microsoft long ago made extensive usability studies on user interfaces (and threw everything under the bus with Vista).

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Feitz said:

Ahoj,@ferol - 

mohli by ste, prosím, pridať problém do tabuľky, kde je hľadanie časti slova v názve a hlavnom texte spracované odlišne? V správaní by nemal byť žiadny rozdiel, inak sa výsledky vyhľadávania stanú nekonzistentnými.

Ďakujem, Claus

Done

D.12

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Ricardo said:

A note can't have an image or attachment in the same line with text (a single image or attachment always take an entire line in EN10). Due to that, I lost formatting of many notes from many years. Ironically, here in the forums I can do the same I could in legacy, something like this → "text image.png.77b246c78958500bd8722045941917bb.png text", while in an EN10 note it looks like this:

done

C.16

• Thanks 2

done

C.17

• Thanks 1

I'd love to be able to directly edit the XML / HTML content of a note (to make my own fancy formatting, fix formatting issues, and more).

B.05

I don't suppose they will introduce this...few people will probably use it

• Thanks 1

Since this is an Electron app, we can edit the app CSS / HTML to change the GUI (e.g., I'd like to remove some empty space in the sidebar), but having official support for "skinning" the UI (like Joplin does) would be great!

B.06

I've been trying to resolve this for a while somehow, but it seems to me that CSS is being pulled online from Evernote's servers. They have it programmed that way somewhere, which makes it a problem to edit and overwrite it locally at all.
I tried playing with DEV tools directly in Chrome (F12), but even after saving, it didn't save after restarting Chrome...

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, Feitz said:

Hello, @ferol - 

could you please add the issue to your table where a search for part of a word is treated differently in the title and the body text? There should not be any difference in behaviour, otherwise search results become inconsistent.

Thanks, Claus

@ferol, this is under discussion in another thread, and there needs to be more detail before this is added to the list, IMHO. What exactly is the "difference" that is to be eliminated?

Data from my account: I have many notes that discuss Thomas Merton. Searching for "merton" yields over 250 results. Searching for "erton" yields precisely 1, the title of a note whose title consists solely of the name "Merton". But searching for "intitle:merton" yields 58 results, including one other note whose title consists solely of "Merton". ("intitle:erton" yields 0 results.) Evernote's search grammar lays out a system in which a search term specifies a string starting at the beginning of a word, and I don't believe it distinguishes "intitle" searches from others in this respect. So, yes, there's some kind of "inconsistency," but the nature of that inconsistency is unclear. The single result for the search "erton" in my notes seems likely to be the result of some sort of error, perhaps in indexing, but what the error is I don't know. IAC, a proper search for "merton" is successful, both for titles and bodies of notes.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@ferol, this is under discussion in another thread, and there needs to be more detail before this is added to the list, IMHO. What exactly is the "difference" that is to be eliminated

Yes, seens like there might (!) be an issue where both title and body text return false results. This needs to be clarified before it can be included in your list. Sorry for bothering you with this prematurely. Thought it was more obvious.

Just found a new problem. If it isn't one, please tell me the, well, there we go again, workaround.

I used to use the "table of contents" feature. It is gone in V10. Fine, I can just filter the notes I am looking for, select all, copy the internal links of them, go to the target note and paste them in. They will end up on a list, one item per line. I can even select them all, call the control box option and have a neat list to work with. Rejoice, it is a few clicks but workable.

Well, wait. I can only select 100 notes! I just had 110, does not work,

This is not a bug. Is it one of those "not a function of V10"? Any workaround?

If not, I suggest it for the list.

Another issue that bothers me: if I change an attachments like a PDF file from showing up as "Single page" to "Title", EN10 changes the "Date updated" of the note. This is not a content change, but a visualization change, and should not count as an "update". By doing this, EN10 disrupts sorting notes by "Date updated" to find out recently edited notes...

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ferol said:

I've been trying to resolve this for a while somehow, but it seems to me that CSS is being pulled online from Evernote's servers. They have it programmed that way somewhere, which makes it a problem to edit and overwrite it locally at all.
I tried playing with DEV tools directly in Chrome (F12), but even after saving, it didn't save after restarting Chrome...

There are a few ways to work around it, from patching the Electron app files on the disk to modifying them after starting EN. I don't have a lot of free time ATM to test those options, but when I do I'll let you know.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Another issue that bothers me: if I change an attachments like a PDF file from showing up as "Single page" to "Title", EN10 changes the "Date updated" of the note. This is not a content change, but a visualization change, and should not count as an "update". By doing this, EN10 disrupts sorting notes by "Date updated" to find out recently edited notes...

Yup, it seems like if you even think about a note the date will get updated.  I really wish we could select which attributes triggered a date change.  Personally, I would only want it to change if the content changed, and not with any metadata change. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, Razmataz said:

Just found a new problem. If it isn't one, please tell me the, well, there we go again, workaround.

I used to use the "table of contents" feature. It is gone in V10. Fine, I can just filter the notes I am looking for, select all, copy the internal links of them, go to the target note and paste them in. They will end up on a list, one item per line. I can even select them all, call the control box option and have a neat list to work with. Rejoice, it is a few clicks but workable.

Well, wait. I can only select 100 notes! I just had 110, does not work,

This is not a bug. Is it one of those "not a function of V10"? Any workaround?

If not, I suggest it for the list.

You're right about this. The obvious workaround is, having created the TOC with the 100 notes, to select the other 10, copy their links, and past them into the file, which I presume you've done. Since raising or eliminating the 100 note limit is already on the list, fixing that should fix this issue. But it would also be good if they'd revive the automatic TOC generation.

32 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Yup, it seems like if you even think about a note the date will get updated.

I'm dying. 🤣

Reminded me of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man scene from Ghostbusters.

Recently had 3 notes on iPhone get updated -- boom, boom, boom -- from just looking at them for 1 second.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The obvious workaround is, having created the TOC with the 100 notes, to select the other 10, copy their links, and past them into the file, which I presume you've done.

Yes, thanks. It is just egregious. You need to find the 100th note, which is not really easy.

But: one can assign a tag (say TOC) to the 100 and after having copies their links, search again with -tag:TOC added. And repeat.

If you have 350 notes, this is a nice passtime for something that took 2 seconds in legacy....image.gif.abc24239cbea4d62aacbc33ed56540e2.gif 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

But: one can assign a tag (say TOC) to the 100 and after having copies their links, search again with -tag:TOC added. And repeat.

Oh, that comes at the price of having updated them all, of course. Right. Brilliant.

40 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

...and the date of modification is not alterable in V10. I think that is on the list already, but if not: @ferol, I think it should be.

this is in table

5 hours ago, Cristiano478 said:

It is also not possible to sort by notebook or note size.

added to table
C.18

C.19

• Thanks 1
On 2/27/2024 at 2:52 PM, ferol said:

I've put together a table of things that I personally miss on the current version on Windows.

Update: the table has been redone in general, not just by me... but collected comments from several users.

I will be glad if you write other tips, what bothers you and what is missing.. Because it is now scattered over a quantum of threads and I can't keep track of everything..

TABLE is here:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/468827bb-c76d-c5bd-ddfb-43939eec55da/J32CLUxj4RO04QyhAwufC6ywh0VMCQGJnqU8GaPl7ObyybsJ-fmwAGQsyQ

First: Thx for putting this together. I read the whole discussion and the table. I might have overlooked, but I don't think so. Otherwise please let me know.

What I miss dearly is a fast (usability wise, not lagging software) "Edit Tags" dialogue.

1. In legacy there was an option "Hide unused tags" which on a multi-selection of notes, would show you what tags are on all the notes (checkbox crossed), and what tags would be on some notes (checkbox half-cheked with a - line).
    1. This enabled me to quickly untag all selected notes with a subset of tags partly used or used on all notes.
    2. It also enabled me to quickly (with one click per tag) apply all the tags that exists in this population to all the notes.
    3. With the Alt+H short-cut I could switch within a millisecond between showing all tags or only tags that are applied somewhere in this population of notes.
  2. The legacy edit-tags dialogue made it very easy to start typing the beginning of a tag, use the spacebar to tag/untag and then start typing a new beginning of the next tag to add/remove. This enabled Ninja-usage of tags. The new one I always need the mouse, re-click, clear the search field, retype. MUCH MUCH MUCH more work if you wan to change 150 notes in half an hour. Which I regulary do in my line of work, using Evernote as my second brain (first brain?).
  3. Small: The Escape key normally closes dialogues in Windows. In Everntoe v10 it does not (anymore).

I use a variant of The Secret Weapon in evernote and I love Evernote (I am growing on v10, but it is slow as hell due to UX choices). I consider myself a tag/edit Ninja. I am a COO keeping taps high over on 120 projects in our company, divided over ~6 teamleads and multiple workgroups.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MvdH said:

First: Thx for putting this together. I read the whole discussion and the table. I might have overlooked, but I don't think so. Otherwise please let me know.

What I miss dearly is a fast (usability wise, not lagging software) "Edit Tags" dialogue.

1. In legacy there was an option "Hide unused tags" which on a multi-selection of notes, would show you what tags are on all the notes (checkbox crossed), and what tags would be on some notes (checkbox half-cheked with a - line).
    1. This enabled me to quickly untag all selected notes with a subset of tags partly used or used on all notes.
    2. It also enabled me to quickly (with one click per tag) apply all the tags that exists in this population to all the notes.
    3. With the Alt+H short-cut I could switch within a millisecond between showing all tags or only tags that are applied somewhere in this population of notes.
  2. The legacy edit-tags dialogue made it very easy to start typing the beginning of a tag, use the spacebar to tag/untag and then start typing a new beginning of the next tag to add/remove. This enabled Ninja-usage of tags. The new one I always need the mouse, re-click, clear the search field, retype. MUCH MUCH MUCH more work if you wan to change 150 notes in half an hour. Which I regulary do in my line of work, using Evernote as my second brain (first brain?).
  3. Small: The Escape key normally closes dialogues in Windows. In Everntoe v10 it does not (anymore).

I use a variant of The Secret Weapon in evernote and I love Evernote (I am growing on v10, but it is slow as hell due to UX choices). I consider myself a tag/edit Ninja. I am a COO keeping taps high over on 120 projects in our company, divided over ~6 teamleads and multiple workgroups.

Done

C.20, C.21, C.22, C.23

The work with tags is really weak in the new version and for me it significantly reduces the efficiency...   but we are only 5%, who uses Tags... :(

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
53 minutes ago, ferol said:

but we are only 5%, who uses Tags... :(

I would wager a guess that the percentage is much higher for the population that subscribe.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I would wager a guess that the percentage is much higher for the population that subscribe.

I think so too. This is an old figure from about 3 years ago and "after the purge" of free users the ratio will probably change. And I believe fundamentally...

Tags are Evernote's greatest strength, according to me, without them I can just pack it up and go to any other....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, ferol said:

this is in table

hm, I don't think it is a good idea to have access to a data field Evernotes writes to. Outcome would be pretty random.

18 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Yup, it seems like if you even think about a note the date will get updated.

This behaviour has to be fixed by BS, then normally you don't have to edit the 'modified' field. 

18 hours ago, s2sailor said:

would only want it to change if the content changed, and not with any metadata change. 

Exactly, standard (Mac)OS behaviour, they should respect these conventions.

• Level 5*

I understand that from their point of view any of these are changes that need to be synced, but this sync criteria should be decoupled from our desired sort behavior.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ferol said:

Tags are Evernote's greatest strength, according to me, without them I can just pack it up and go to any other....

Yes, and tag implementation was bad in Legacy and is virtually unusable in V10. Can't even copy a single tag...

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Feitz said:

Yes, and tag implementation was bad in Legacy and is virtually unusable in V10. Can't even copy a single tag...

Re tags:

due to another "issue" in V10 (only 100 notes can be selected) I suggested and tried to use temporary tags to mark the first then the second and so 100, so that you do it by 100 at a time.

Well, I am on a laptop with V10 (my workstation is still on legacy). I could virtually watch how the tags are assigned or deleted, one by one! It took like a minute for 300 tags.

I still hope that it has to do with my notes being still in legacy format and that the conversion needs to be done.

If not….😱, because I use tags extensively.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Razmataz said:

I use tags extensively

Yes, exactly. Even more so since there ane no folders for added structure.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
12 hours ago, Razmataz said:

I still hope that it has to do with my notes being still in legacy format and that the conversion needs to be done.

This is pretty likely. I'll admit I don't do 100-note actions very often, but I was on v. 10 when they did the note structure conversion last year, and simply saw notes open slowly and get converted as I used them. Next time I opened them they were fast. Even now, I can still come across an occasional note I haven't looked at in a long time that has to convert.

Em 28/02/2024 at 17:39, Ricardo disse:

I don't miss this indication. Updating notes in Evernote nowadays is in real time. Try opening a note in the desktop version and opening the same note in the web version side by side. You will see that the edits appear in both versions almost at the same time.

If a note cannot be updated, a gray message will appear at the top (image below). If this message does not appear, it means that any changes you made were synchronized = as simple as that

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Cristiano478 said:

Updating notes in Evernote nowadays is in real time.

That's not my experience at all. Especially when I clip something from the web and then follow the option to 'open in the Evernote app', it often takes more than a minute until the clip shows up in the app. 

Legacy was much faster for me, since it iniciated a sync the moment you switched to the app. With V10 you have no control over the sync process and - as I said - it is not instantaneous. This delay might create a host of other problems, if the app relies on instant sync.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Feitz said:

That's not my experience at all. Especially when I clip something from the web and then follow the option to 'open in the Evernote app', it often takes more than a minute until the clip shows up in the app. 

I believe they are referring to editing, or creating a note and then seeing it, or the changes almost immediately on another device (real time editing).  The web clipper is a different situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The Web Clipper takes a different path: It needs to extract the content from the website, wrap it and then send it through the API to create a note directly on the server. There it needs to be integrated into the account, and then synced to all devices. These are precursors to simultaneous editing of EXISTING notes.

49 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

These are precursors to simultaneous editing of EXISTING notes.

Fair enough, this makes sense, but to be frank I can't remember having to wait so long for web content to appear in my desktop app under Legacy. As soon as clip was completed (= success popup in Web Clipper) contents would instantly sync to my local app. Not so any more, don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Feitz said:

I can't remember having to wait so long for web content to appear in my desktop app under Legacy.

I could be dead wrong but I seem to recall that the legacy clipper would clip directly to your local database and then sync to the service, which would be quicker.

1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

I could be dead wrong but I seem to recall that the legacy clipper would clip directly to your local database and then sync to the service, which would be quicker.

As far as I know Legacy clipped to the server and then synced locally like V10. When I had longer clips and tried to sync too early only parts of the website appeared in the app. But when a clip was complete the down-sync was almost instantaneous.

I just stumbled upon a new 'bug': When you clip from Youtube you always had to expand the description to get all the info through web clipper. 

Now even if I expand the details V10 web clipper only clips text upto the 'more...' and leaves out all the details. Nothing grave but still a couple of steps more than previously. These additional steps necessary in V10 sum up quite a bit.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, s2sailor said:

If „the web clipper“ is meant, no. It clipped through the API. You could run it on a computer without having EN installed.

I don’t recall a large version change in the web clipper (legacy vs. new). I think they continued their version count independently from the apps.

What may be it that clipped content needs to be converted on the server to adapt it to v10 data structures.

If it has not already been posted, here's another one (or two):

I can't print web clips, neither export as PDF. Only the title is printed with several blank pages where the web clippint should have been. 

Macos, 10.78.2

The clip shows just fine in V10 desktop app.

Another one: I'm highlighting a lot in Evernote. In Legacy I could just mark text and click the highlight, now highlight is hidden in a submenu, so I have to hit 'more...' and then highlight. Very annoying and unnecessary, since there would be enough room for a highlight button in the menu. Two clicks repeatedly instead of one.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dave Green said:

There is a keyboard shortcut.  ⌃ + ⌘ + H on the Mac and Ctrl + Shift + H on Windows.

Thank you, that would help, I never used it in Legacy since highlighting was a one-click-affair. 

I noticed another strange behaviour with V10: when I am editing a note and want to undo something you normally use 'cmd-Z' like in any other app.

In V10 this sometimes works but most of the time 'cmd-z' invokes the search window, that should in fact open with 'cmd-option-F'. Why does it react to a completely different shortcut??? 

Edit: if others confirm this behaviour, it would be a candidate for @ferol's Bug / wish list...

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Feitz said:

Thank you, that would help, I never used it in Legacy since highlighting was a one-click-affair. 

... and since in Legacy there was only one highlight color, not 6, which does require a dialog to choose from.

If it has not already been posted, here's another one (or two):

I can't print web clips, neither export as PDF. Only the title is printed with several blank pages where the web clippint should have been. 

Macos, 10.78.2

The clip shows just fine in V10 desktop app.

I can confirm this, in Windows desktop v. 10.78.2. If the Web clip is still in the gray HTML box, it does not print (except occasional, random paragraphs). If it has been simplified / made editable with the "magic wand," the content can be printed. Definitely a bug, and worth reporting to support.

12 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Legacy there was only one highlight color, not 6, which does require a dialog to choose from.

of course, but it remembers your last decision anyway, so this button should have been placed on top and not in a submenu. Once I open the 'more...' menu I can either pick a color or reuse the current one, so only one click is necessary if I keep the last highlight colour...

Other apps place these formatting buttons dynamically, if the window is broad enough they show,   if not they're placed behind a 'more options' button or similar.

• Like 1
On 3/4/2024 at 12:24 PM, Feitz said:

I noticed another strange behaviour with V10: when I am editing a note and want to undo something you normally use 'cmd-Z' like in any other app.

In V10 this sometimes works but most of the time 'cmd-z' invokes the search window, that should in fact open with 'cmd-option-F'. Why does it react to a completely different shortcut??? 

Edit: if others confirm this behaviour, it would be a candidate for @ferol's Bug / wish list...

I'm highlighting and using the edit menu a lot in general and imagine my surprise today when I can no longer click once, but I have to do 2 or even 3 clicks if I want to change a colour, what a TERRIBLE change, whoever thought that is a good idea is a terrible UX designer. I have wanted to switch to Notion for some time now, and that can just be a moment to do so, every change Evernote did for the last few months is just bad, they've changed fonts, sizes, styles, all my old notes look bad in the new style, I'm crazy frustrated at it right now.

• Thanks 1
On 2/27/2024 at 11:42 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:
  • Ctrl+R to refresh/initiate a sync
  • There is support, it's just hardly functional

Actually, CTRL+R doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe it's a bug in the new "update." Or maybe it doesn't work in MacOS. Still just sitting and waiting for EN to catch up to me several times a day...

• Level 5
2 hours ago, kkarney said:

Actually, CTRL+R doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe it's a bug in the new "update." Or maybe it doesn't work in MacOS. Still just sitting and waiting for EN to catch up to me several times a day...

Hmm. For me, it definitely closes Evernote briefly and reloads it. You can also access Reload (which forces a sync) from the Troubleshooting menu, which you get by holding down Cmd / Ctrl while clicking the Help menu. Does that do anything?

I have a few dozen historic documents which I scanned and imported years ago and changed the created date to pre-1999. In Evernote 10.78.2, they always appear in my 'Today' shortcut. On my cellphone, using the same shortcut, I see only the notes created or updated today.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

… You can also access Reload (which forces a sync) from the Troubleshooting menu, which you get by holding down Cmd / Ctrl while clicking the Help menu.

Actually on the Mac the menu position Troubleshooting is added by holding down opt/alt when clicking on the Help menu.

• Like 1
  • Solution

This made me happy today....  It looks like our activity may be worthwhile

But we need to prioritize the items...

image.thumb.png.6c21b4b518eb4cadccef2037322f077c.png

• Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, ferol said:

This made me happy today....  It looks like our activity may be worthwhile

So in all the darkness there is hope 🙂 

Thanks for your effort!!!

Edit: I would leave the prioritizing to Ferol since it this was his idea. If we strongly disagree with his priorities we can give a friendly hint without creating a huge amount of work for him. My 2cts...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Feitz said:

So in all the darkness there is hope 🙂 

Thanks for your effort!!!

Edit: I would leave the prioritizing to Ferol since it this was his idea. If we strongly disagree with his priorities we can give a friendly hint without creating a huge amount of work for him. My 2cts...

I'm just looking at how to prioritize that. First of all, I'm going to pick out the most important ones that have been around for a while. I won't prioritize my own ideas, because some of them aren't that important, although they would make me happy.

• Like 1

So I added priorities (High, Medium, Low).

I tried to determine this as fairly as possible, according to what I've tracked on the forums and my own 12 years of experience using it. I marked a lot of my items Low. Because there are many others, which will make sense to more people than just me.
Very likely some that I have only tabulated from other users I have not evaluated completely correctly. That's probably not realistic..

If you come across an item that really deserves a higher priority than I've given it, let me know and post why it should help others.  

That's the main goal of the spreadsheet... 

If someone wants to explicitly push their request, post a support ticket, or put a vote in the appropriate section here on the forums.

If there are no "serious complaints" about the priorities I've identified, I'll forward the information to Federico that I've added those priorities in there.

Link to table:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/468827bb-c76d-c5bd-ddfb-43939eec55da/J32CLUxj4RO04QyhAwufC6ywh0VMCQGJnqU8GaPl7ObyybsJ-fmwAGQsyQ

@Dave-in-Decatur @Razmataz @Jon/t @s2sailor @PinkElephant @AlbertR

Please check priorities to see if I've really given something important a low priority.

image.png.7e8e5623db313608174fcf7d732ee6a7.png

47 minutes ago, ferol said:

Great. BTW I didn't intend to task you with this, but since it is your table I thought it would be best if the whole process was kept under your roof... Thanks again.

PS.: since although I brought this up I would actually upvote C.15 to present it at least as it was in Legacy. 

I think I made a mistake here: my point was not about adding tags, but about filtering notes by tags. In this case presenting only those tags that have been used in a notebook is essential. Showing a long list of all tags makes no sense whatsover, since for filtering the notebook containing the tags is a superior filter criterium. This is how Legacy handled tag filtering.

A very good example how this could work is LEAP.APP by Ironic software.

image.jpeg.7b73f8e343250cf64a3b58f6deaec037.jpeg

It comes with a tag cloud where the size of tags corresponds to the number of occurencies and a filter field to narrow down on certain tags.

I used LEAP extensively since 2018 and it works like a charm almost without issue, has perfect spotlight and finder tags integration and is an extremely handy file management tool overall.

V10 has so many little annoyances I can't keep count of them. 

Another one (or actually four) for the @ferol collection regarding hotkeys not working: 

When I view a note both in 3-pane-mode and in an individual edit window I could zoom in and out in Legacy with 'cmd-plus' and 'cmd -minus' hotkeys.
This is standard on a Mac. Only the note was affected, which makes sense.

Now in V10

1) I can only zoom a note in and out when I'm in an edit window, otherwise the whole Evernote desktop gets zoomed out EDIT: and not the note.

2) in a note edit window I zoom out and the note AND the whole desktop get zoomed out - what kind of sense does that make???

3) hit 'cmd -minus' as the menu and the note gets smaller BUT the whole application is zoomed out!!! I don't want my desktop to change when I want my note displayed smaller or larger.

4) once zoomed out and with the whole desktop barely readable because everything from the 3-pane-view to the menu is so small, I can't zoom in again because 'cmd-plus' won't work and the menu is too small to read!!
By accident I found that you have to hit 'cmd-sift-plus' instead of 'cmd-plus' as a hotkey to increase font, menu and desktop size again.

The Mac desktop is unaffected by all this, so these are no global hotkeys that would change screen resolution. Again only Evernote is behaving badly.

Can anyone confirm this to be happening to them please (Im on Macos Sonoma and V10 latest editions)?

• Like 1

I can confirm that ⌘- and ⌘= work as they do in a browser which I guess makes sense given the underlying Electron framework.  Strangely ⌘+ does not work where it does in the browser.  ⌘0 restores things to default.  Unusally, it affects just the window with focus but in Evernote it impacts all windows.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Feitz said:

Great. BTW I didn't intend to task you with this, but since it is your table I thought it would be best if the whole process was kept under your roof... Thanks again.

PS.: since although I brought this up I would actually upvote C.15 to present it at least as it was in Legacy. 

I think I made a mistake here: my point was not about adding tags, but about filtering notes by tags. In this case presenting only those tags that have been used in a notebook is essential. Showing a long list of all tags makes no sense whatsover, since for filtering the notebook containing the tags is a superior filter criterium. This is how Legacy handled tag filtering.

A very good example how this could work is LEAP.APP by Ironic software.

image.jpeg.7b73f8e343250cf64a3b58f6deaec037.jpeg

It comes with a tag cloud where the size of tags corresponds to the number of occurencies and a filter field to narrow down on certain tags.

I used LEAP extensively since 2018 and it works like a charm almost without issue, has perfect spotlight and finder tags integration and is an extremely handy file management tool overall.

@Feitz update - C.15

I get it now. This is what I'm missing too..

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Feitz said:

V10 has so many little annoyances I can't keep count of them. 

Another one (or actually four) for the @ferol collection regarding hotkeys not working: 

When I view a note both in 3-pane-mode and in an individual edit window I could zoom in and out in Legacy with 'cmd-plus' and 'cmd -minus' hotkeys.
This is standard on a Mac. Only the note was affected, which makes sense.

Now in V10

1) I can only zoom a note in and out when I'm in an edit window, otherwise the whole Evernote desktop gets zoomed out EDIT: and not the note.

2) in a note edit window I zoom out and the note AND the whole desktop get zoomed out - what kind of sense does that make???

3) hit 'cmd -minus' as the menu and the note gets smaller BUT the whole application is zoomed out!!! I don't want my desktop to change when I want my note displayed smaller or larger.

4) once zoomed out and with the whole desktop barely readable because everything from the 3-pane-view to the menu is so small, I can't zoom in again because 'cmd-plus' won't work and the menu is too small to read!!
By accident I found that you have to hit 'cmd-sift-plus' instead of 'cmd-plus' as a hotkey to increase font, menu and desktop size again.

The Mac desktop is unaffected by all this, so these are no global hotkeys that would change screen resolution. Again only Evernote is behaving badly.

Can anyone confirm this to be happening to them please (Im on Macos Sonoma and V10 latest editions)?

added

C.24

4 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

Please add this Feature Request to your list.
Thanks!

added

A.21

..Otherwise interesting, I never missed this and didn't even think it could be done :) 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, ferol said:

Please check priorities to see if I've really given something important a low priority.

Prioritizing among a couple of people is a difficult task (and normally to be done by product owners) 😉. I (we - @ferol an myself) feel that managing such a list will cost much time that should be spent for our businesses...

BUT: We have a parallel approach to keep track of our (user's) needs: I opened an EN account to collect issues in smaller pieces. This allows to assign areas of interest, priorities and a more in detail description of the topics. Changes to these properties can be handled as easy as all of us are used to work with EN 😁. Here's a snapshot of issues coming from Ferol's list and currently marked "High priority":

image.thumb.png.139d2925b1039cffa44fa4f00c7c5346.png

If someone feels able and is willing to help with the list, please write to me by using forum's message functionality. Maybe I can share parts of the account... 🤔

(@Federico Simionato: Please do not take these "High"-issues as a final list for the moment - it's neither complete nor balanced 😉)

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hmm. For me, it definitely closes Evernote briefly and reloads it. You can also access Reload (which forces a sync) from the Troubleshooting menu, which you get by holding down Cmd / Ctrl while clicking the Help menu. Does that do anything?

I can get it to reload using the opt/alt - Help menu option, however it still takes at least one (and sometimes several) reloads before the sync actually happens. It's sort of like it's just refreshing at its own rate in spite of my reloads. <sigh>

• Level 5*

Group prioritization will be difficult.  Everyone has their on slant on priority.  A couple of comments, if everything, or many things, are listed as high priority, then nothing is high priority.  In ranking priority maybe also consider who would benefit from it.  As an example, in @AlbertRs list above 025 is the same priority as 008.  Everyone one would benefit from an improved backup method, whereas only native Slovak speakers would benefit from 025.  Viewed with that lens, maybe they shouldn’t be prioritized at the same level.  No disrespect intended towards our Slovak speaking members.  I’m just using this as an example that maybe prioritization should be mindful of the greater Evernote user population. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Group prioritization will be difficult.  ... 025 is the same priority as 008.

Yep - that's what is meant with "Please do not take these "High"-issues as a final list" 😉

We have to find more parameters like a differentiation between Bugs and Features. Here're two view with appropriate filters:

image.thumb.png.1b448c8ca9ff6e5c90e0b99143accd77.png

Whereas 025 is a Bug, 008 is listed as a Feature. So if the next Release is intended to be a Bugfix-Release, they should focus on Bugs (incl. 025 - it's a little thing) and might ignore Feature 008 (has never been necessary in the past...). My opinion would be to lower 008 at all (and push up Bugs 005, 011, 032 and 042 to highest priority 🙏)

But all-in-all this list has not been finalized (and will not even within the next weeks 😞) Kleinigkeit

33 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Group prioritization will be difficult.  Everyone has their on slant on priority.  A couple of comments, if everything, or many things, are listed as high priority, then nothing is high priority.  In ranking priority maybe also consider who would benefit from it.  As an example, in @AlbertRs list above 025 is the same priority as 008.  Everyone one would benefit from an improved backup method, whereas only native Slovak speakers would benefit from 025.  Viewed with that lens, maybe they shouldn’t be prioritized at the same level.  No disrespect intended towards our Slovak speaking members.  I’m just using this as an example that maybe prioritization should be mindful of the greater Evernote user population. 

...that's exactly why I excluded my Slovak from the priorities... because it mainly shows that other smaller languages will probably have a problem as well...

And priority is Multilanguage check spell

3 minutes ago, ferol said:

...that's exactly why I excluded my Slovak from the priorities...

Sorry - my fail (I read "see above" as "like above line" 😉)
But I'll leave it in "High" because it's a bug and simply forgotton in App. Spell check definition files are available either from former version or in Web environment.

5 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Sorry - my fail (I read "see above" as "like above line" 😉)
But I'll leave it in "High" because it's a bug and simply forgotton in App. Spell check definition files are available either from former version or in Web environment.

... no problem 😏

A3 can be downgraded to Medium (there is a less convenient option to use evernote-backup).

But let's keep the high on A.14 - "one click" export all notebooks

....There are a lot of people who have a lot of notebooks...and if they want to back it up, they have to do it one by one

6 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

But I'll leave it in "High" because it's a bug and simply forgotton in App

We should not put too much effort into these priorities. BS will look through the whole list anyway (they promised) and set their priorities according to what they are currently working on and what they already planned for the future. 

1 minute ago, ferol said:

A3 can be downgraded to Medium

Done.

1 minute ago, ferol said:

But let's keep the high on A.14 - "one click" export all notebooks

OK - but this might result in less belief in our goals. ENEX does not contain notebook names (since the beginning), so EN should create one ENEX per notebook. Moreover this helps to leave EN - is this what we want to achieve?

3 minutes ago, Feitz said:

We should not put too much effort into these priorities.

Federico beg for that. So it's a need to get him as our friend 😉

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

We have to find more parameters like a differentiation between Bugs and Features.

Personally, I think bugs should stay off your list.  Evernote has a system in place for managing bugs and will rank them as they see fit.  Including them in your list, IMO, will only dilute your feature request list.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Personally, I think bugs should stay off your list.  Evernote has a system in place for managing bugs and will rank them as they see fit.  Including them in your list, IMO, will only dilute your feature request list.

that's not a bad idea...

and set the bugs aside and not give them any priority at all?

Only bugs then have to be related to what should work properly in v.10.

What was in Legacy and is not in v.10 should not be considered a bug

2 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Yep - at the end we'll present two lists (filtered by "=Bug" and "=Feature"). It's a never ending story around SW development to accept things as a bug. We found (especially with EN) that they start to think with EN10. From this point of view (forgetting all stuff that has been available in Legacy versions), nearly all is a Feature 😞. But that's not my feeling.

Many of our =Bugs are just things well loose with the new version. In our organization this type of incidents is called "Downgrade Bug" (often as a result of less QA) and gets very high priority because customers rely on used functionality over years.

• Level 5

This is not what happens for me in the Windows desktop app. At any Zoom level, Ctrl plus either + or - works properly to zoom in and out, and Ctrl+0 restores the default.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, ferol said:

and set the bugs aside and not give them any priority at all?

Only bugs then have to be related to what should work properly in v.10.

What was in Legacy and is not in v.10 should not be considered a bug

Yes, that is my thought.  I understand that many may view things that were in Legacy but missing in V10 as bugs, but when considering v10 as the product, they are not bugs, they are missing features or enhancements, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

From this point of view (forgetting all stuff that has been available in Legacy versions), nearly all is a Feature 😞. But that's not my feeling.

I understand, but from Evernote’s point-of-view, they are (likely) new features. V10 is their product, not Legacy.

Added comment:  If Evernote were still the owners, I would agree with you, but BS bought out Evernote with the plan to improve V10. Legacy is something they have worked hard on to drop, and now with a defined date.

Edited by s2sailor
  • Like 1
  • Level 5
17 hours ago, ferol said:

I tried to determine this as fairly as possible, according to what I've tracked on the forums and my own 12 years of experience using it. I marked a lot of my items Low. Because there are many others, which will make sense to more people than just me.
Very likely some that I have only tabulated from other users I have not evaluated completely correctly. That's probably not realistic..

If you come across an item that really deserves a higher priority than I've given it, let me know and post why it should help others.  

That's the main goal of the spreadsheet... 

If someone wants to explicitly push their request, post a support ticket, or put a vote in the appropriate section here on the forums.

If there are no "serious complaints" about the priorities I've identified, I'll forward the information to Federico that I've added those priorities in there.

Link to table:

@Dave-in-Decatur @Razmataz @Jon/t @s2sailor @PinkElephant @AlbertR

Here is a link to a shared note with my comments on prioritization: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s316/sh/56699725-a985-d7ae-93b5-6c88ccc99605/Ki5RudGMNthNtp5BM4RKUGDgzWea34I2r19Rm6M-NYLvihMEjrxgdWBHiw.

A few particular comments:

• It might be worth pointing out that the priorities largely reflect those of the list's main contributors in their use of Evernote.
  • Many high priority items are at best medium for me (A.01-A.04, for example). I just don't feel a need for them. That doesn't mean their priorities should change, only that Evernote's users have widely varying differences in their use of the software and service.

• Two items, B.08 and D.01, seem to have some corruption or scrambling of their texts.

• There are some items that are not accurate, and others that I would leave out entirely, as being just "I want Legacy back" complaints. See the shared note.

• As others have suggested, a lot of the items in section D look to me, frankly, like just support ticket matters.

• In the shared note, I indicate a few high priority items that I do agree with, and some that I would prioritize more highly.

Thank you again, @ferol, for doing this! And also @AlbertR, @Feitz, and others who are trying to "hold Evernote's feet to the fire" regarding v. 10.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Here is a link to a shared note with my comments on prioritization: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s316/sh/56699725-a985-d7ae-93b5-6c88ccc99605/Ki5RudGMNthNtp5BM4RKUGDgzWea34I2r19Rm6M-NYLvihMEjrxgdWBHiw.

A few particular comments:

• It might be worth pointing out that the priorities largely reflect those of the list's main contributors in their use of Evernote.
  • Many high priority items are at best medium for me (A.01-A.04, for example). I just don't feel a need for them. That doesn't mean their priorities should change, only that Evernote's users have widely varying differences in their use of the software and service.

• Two items, B.08 and D.01, seem to have some corruption or scrambling of their texts.

• There are some items that are not accurate, and others that I would leave out entirely, as being just "I want Legacy back" complaints. See the shared note.

• As others have suggested, a lot of the items in section D look to me, frankly, like just support ticket matters.

• In the shared note, I indicate a few high priority items that I do agree with, and some that I would prioritize more highly.

Thank you again, @ferol, for doing this! And also @AlbertR, @Feitz, and others who are trying to "hold Evernote's feet to the fire" regarding v. 10.

@Dave-in-Decatur Thank you for your comments. I have added additional commentary to A.14, C.12, C.13, C.17, C.25 directly in the table in Magenta color, mainly in response to your comments.

Based on your post and previous comments, I have proposed new priorities and reorganization of sections A, B, C, D with new names.

It's never going to be perfect, and even then, they'll ultimately decide directly in the Blending Spoon what does or doesn't make sense to them.

So I'd like to send it to them so we don't have to deal with it here for weeks to come. 
If anyone explicitly has anything against it now, defend it :)

Finally, I'll probably delete the CANCELED items..

Old priority I will delete before sending to BS..

image.png.7706badde0133e66d60f66c838c8f670.png

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

This is not what happens for me in the Windows desktop app. At any Zoom level, Ctrl plus either + or - works properly to zoom in and out, and Ctrl+0 restores the default.

You are on Windows if I remember correctly, I am on MacOS Sonoma. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ferol said:

It's never going to be perfect,

It should be enough to give them hints to / in (pesky prepositions)  the right direction. We'll have to leave some of the work to them anyway. They are responsible for their product and it is in their best - economical - interest to listen to their user base. I trust they will identify critical issues in your list and prioritize accordingly. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

@ferol 

Federico tweeted about this table. Great work!

image.png.b5c262b9654e65c96f0dfc3ac9c8563f.png

I know, I know ... but he only reacted.

see above 😊

Em 05/03/2024 at 20:41, ferol disse:

@ferol
I think the best way to determine the priority of each item would be a vote. I don't know if it's viable, but perhaps a Google form could be created to collect everyone's votes on the items that each person needs most. This way, we and Evernote know exactly which items are most important to the most users.

1 hour ago, Cristiano478 said:

@ferol
I think the best way to determine the priority of each item would be a vote. I don't know if it's viable, but perhaps a Google form could be created to collect everyone's votes on the items that each person needs most. This way, we and Evernote know exactly which items are most important to the most users.

There is a section right here on the forum that people can use for such things. The thing is that many people don't use it and a lot of users write it here somehow in the forum... 
Personally, I don't plan to devote very much time to it for time reasons. If you want to vote for your idea or for some of the table, you can do it in the appropriate section here. But if you look there, it's pretty dead.. 
So I don't suppose some google voting would be successful when people don't even use the official system.
We just sort of raked through it here, put together a spreadsheet and sent it to Blending Spoon - selecting posts in the forum
(Instead of their staff, which is what they should be doing...)

And how do they handle it and how do they prioritize... they should have better tools for that already. 
Ideally if they queried the users via the mail database through their own systems...

For me, this is to serve as some guidance on what they should be doing. The addition of priorities to the table was requested by @Federico Simionato on X.com. It was not originally my aim to determine what is or is not important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Em 05/03/2024 at 20:41, ferol disse:

Suggestion:

Item A.10: Include the possibility of sharing notebooks as a public link, just as it is possible to do with notes. The Nimbus Note (Fuse Base) does this very well. When sharing a notebook's public link, it shows a page with all the notes that are inside that notebook.

3 minutes ago, Cristiano478 said:

Include the possibility of sharing notebooks as a public link, just as it is possible to do with notes.

I'd love this. It used to be possible but I think the feature was taken away around 2012/13ish. Can't remember why.

• Like 2
27 minutos atrás, ferol disse:

There is a section right here on the forum that people can use for such things. The thing is that many people don't use it and a lot of users write it here somehow in the forum... 
Personally, I don't plan to devote very much time to it for time reasons. If you want to vote for your idea or for some of the table, you can do it in the appropriate section here. But if you look there, it's pretty dead.. 
So I don't suppose some google voting would be successful when people don't even use the official system.
We just sort of raked through it here, put together a spreadsheet and sent it to Blending Spoon - selecting posts in the forum
(Instead of their staff, which is what they should be doing...)

And how do they handle it and how do they prioritize... they should have better tools for that already. 
Ideally if they queried the users via the mail database through their own systems...

For me, this is to serve as some guidance on what they should be doing. The addition of priorities to the table was requested by @Federico Simionato on X.com. It was not originally my aim to determine what is or is not important.

Ideally, users could vote or indicate which features are a priority or not, but I understand your reasons for not doing this. The table you created is already a very good thing. I'm sure it will help.

New issue discovered. Could someone check, if they find the same behavior, please?

I am on V10.79.2 on W-11.

If I create simple note with an Excel file in it it looks like this:

image.png.6e338cb06b860b385145a6303d76c999.png

Then I copy and paste the attached file by pressing CTRL-C, CNTRL-V (need to use the keyboard since the context menu is grayed out, known bug AND need to press CTRL-V 2x as the "/" command appears, I'd say another issue) and get this

image.png.8e0cc020f173ff93edf7ebd5acafd5a8.png

Now, I rename the second attached file into "2024-03-10, New name"

and get this:

image.png.ea84e2d473047bc69985d1443bdef87f.png

Note that both attachments have been renamed!

Please confirm, if you can. 

Thanks.