Missing features, bugs and wishlist in v.10 - Clear detailed table

Go to solution Solved by ferol,

• Level 5

Nice list for starters. You're about to become very popular. 😁

WRT "Do not change the date and time of editing if the note is only being viewed," that bug is currently squashed (in my experience), though I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again.

1 minute ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Nice list for starters. You're about to become very popular. 😁

WRT "Do not change the date and time of editing if the note is only being viewed," that bug is currently squashed (in my experience), though I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again.

Looks like you're right...  date is still OK :)

• Like 1
Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Here's one for the list: allow users who have received a shared note to delete it, even if the person sharing it has not un-shared it. This has been a problem since before v. 10 appeared, I believe.

sure, still have one note ... cant delete it... goog point, bud not big problem..

• Like 1

From your list:

ENEX export in v.10 - import does not preserve note creation date

Provided you have chosen in the export process to include the creation date I find it keeps the creation date on import.

image.png.4509376bbcd0b38e717b3c432fd4613a.png

Just now, Mike P said:

From your list:

Provided you have chosen in the export process to include the creation date I find it keeps the creation date on import.

I did that today and it didn't work...

I can one thing to the list (since I'm forced to use v10 soon and old problems are still there) : shortcuts.

Shortcuts are not really shortcuts in v10.
'Shortcut' is when you do single click and go to the note or notebook. Not scrolling large list and picking smth buried in list of notebook, not going to home-screen and picking from tiny scrollable window (on a large 4K display, yeah), but doing single click.

There was an option once to show shortcuts on the toolbar under menu (on a macbook at least) - so it can be optional, because I can already hear "oh but only 1% of users want this" :)

2 minutes ago, Mike P said:

From your list:

tested:

image.thumb.png.6952ac3783cbf59e8834c3357b5100c5.png

Just now, ferol said:

So did I and it did. How did you do the import? I just double clicked the enex file. I'll try the other import methods.

2 minutes ago, ferol said:

oh sorry..  update date is change.. no created..

my mistake in text... but this is bad for me...

• Like 1
Just now, ferol said:

oh sorry..  update date is change.. no created..

my mistake in text... but this is bad for me...

I guess Updated date is bound to be changed given that even adding a tag or moving it into another notebook  counts as an update.

5 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

Môžem uviesť jednu vec (keďže som čoskoro nútený používať v10 a staré problémy sú stále tam): skratky.

Skratky v skutočnosti nie sú skratky vo verzii 10.
„Skratka“ znamená, že jediným kliknutím prejdete na poznámku alebo poznámkový blok. Nie rolovanie vo veľkom zozname a vyberanie vecí zahrabaných v zozname notebooku, nechodenie na domovskú obrazovku a vyberanie z malého rolovacieho okna (na veľkom 4K displeji, áno), ale jedno kliknutie.

Kedysi bola možnosť zobraziť skratky na paneli s nástrojmi v ponuke (aspoň na macbooku) - takže to môže byť voliteľné, pretože už počujem "och, ale len 1% používateľov to chce":)

image.thumb.png.0cc0199c3d9533882b48ec8fc16cfb52.png

• Like 1

The ability to update the UPDATE date/time stamp field in v10.. it's super important that we can do this especially considering the software updates notes when they are not updated.. I for one use this all the time and is the most used feature I'm using in legacy at the moment. I'm going to email support as well

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I guess Updated date is bound to be changed given that even adding a tag or moving it into another notebook  counts as an update.

Legacy doesn't do that... maintains this. I installed Legacy today to take advantage of it one last time...
Of course after assigning a Tag it changes, but just a pure import does not. And subsequently renaming the imported notebook also preserves the original data on the notes.

2 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

I'm talking about note/notebook shortcut - it's when you 'pin' some note or notebook to toolbar panel and can access it with single click.

OK..   I dont use this.. I use Shortcuts only.. .and Nested Tags

like this:

image.thumb.png.a9ad01f1fe2602fcf213d047f724de3f.png

Just now, ferol said:

OK..  dont use this.. I use Shortcuts only.. .and Nested Tags

like this:

image.thumb.png.a9ad01f1fe2602fcf213d047f724de3f.png

It looks like this :
(basically a 'cache' of most used notebooks, 'quick access' or smth like that)

image.thumb.png.9504100968a6f8a9fca369be639bf2d4.png

11 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

'Shortcut' is when you do single click and go to the note or notebook. Not scrolling large list and picking smth buried in list of notebook,

I think you will need to expain why the current shortcuts in the sidebar do not meet your needs.

image.png.b839a414472ed962eea90615fa53af81.png

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BLK Dragon said:

Vyzerá to takto :
(v podstate „vyrovnávacia pamäť“ najpoužívanejších notebookov, „rýchly prístup“ alebo niečo podobné)

image.thumb.png.9504100968a6f8a9fca369be639bf2d4.png

And use Shortcuts?

image.png.30f067f2b75ead6af2f2a89b196e5189.png

1 minute ago, Mike P said:

Myslím, že budete musieť vysvetliť, prečo súčasné skratky na bočnom paneli nevyhovujú vašim potrebám.

image.png.b839a414472ed962eea90615fa53af81.png

Just now, ferol said:

A používať skratky?

image.png.30f067f2b75ead6af2f2a89b196e5189.png

image.png.c58ac8af3148b579cd76e783abc12ada.png

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, ferol said:

I've put together a table of things that I personally miss on the current version on Windows.

I will be glad if you write me other tips, what bothers you and what is missing.. Because it is now scattered over a quantum of threads and I can't keep track of everything..

My list is here:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/468827bb-c76d-c5bd-ddfb-43939eec55da/J32CLUxj4RO04QyhAwufC6ywh0VMCQGJnqU8GaPl7ObyybsJ-fmwAGQsyQ

Ahh I can see you added my update query your list. It's a very good list you put together there man.... Shame we can't export our entire database like we can in Legacy.. using the shift ctrl E method after you sign out at the splash screen.. This was the only way I could sleep well at night knowing that I had a complete backup of all my notes in their respective folders. Maybe they should add this feature back to v10 and when performing the backup , it can pull everything down from the cloud!!! (edited: worded better :) ) 

• Like 2

It would be nice to have a way of going straight to shortcuts if you are scrolled way down in tags for example. I guess there is no keyboard shortcut because there is no pop out panel unlike notebooks or tags. Certainly not a major issue for me. I have other stategies including knowing the keyboard shortcuts for my most important shortcuts (ctrl+1 etc).

9 minutes ago, ferol said:

image.png.c58ac8af3148b579cd76e783abc12ada.png

You can't reach "shortcut" with a single click when it's buried in the tree of notebooks.

I've attached picture how it looks -- in the horizontal toolbar just below app-menu; that way you can acces 'pinned' note/notebook with single click, without scrolling and searching.

4 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

You can't reach "shortcut" with a single click when it's buried in the tree of notebooks.

I've attached picture how it looks -- in the horizontal toolbar just below app-menu; that way you can acces 'pinned' note/notebook with single click, without scrolling and searching.

Oh I see now, But I'm afraid we won't see this one. Maybe Tabs support will solve that

4 minutes ago, ferol said:

Oh I see now, But I'm afraid we won't see this one. Maybe Tabs support will solve that

Who would think that adding some buttons would be so hard... (sorry, I just can't talk about this without irony, being developer myself).

I mean it was obviously good UI/UX solution that worked really well.

1 minute ago, BLK Dragon said:

Who would think that adding some buttons would be so hard... (sorry, I just can't talk about this without irony, being developer myself).

I agree, it was a good solution. I use the same principle in Chrome - bookmarks...

We'll see what time will tell...

16 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

Theoretically, you can work around this by using the online version in a separate browser and having Bookmaks on the bar with these things highlighted... but it opens a separate tab each time... and it can stay open...

I use Evernote this way sometimes when I need to have 10 notes open at once and I don't want to keep it in separate windows. I have the main Windows app open and the web version on a secondary monitor..

The advantage is that in each window I can also switch the way of displaying Cards, Snippets, Side list, Top list...

Attachment view (at least for PDF-s) is broken, it is not always retained and cannot be set by an option. When you have a bunch of attachment, you have to go though them one-by-one and set them manually to the desired (sas, Title only) view.

HTML export is broken (and has been ever since V10), the hotlinks of the attachment thumbnails are not linking to the correct files in the attachment subfolder, i.e. if you click on them nothing happens. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Attachment view (at least for PDF-s) is broken, it is not always retained and cannot be set by an option. When you have a bunch of attachment, you have to go though them one-by-one and set them manually to the desired (sas, Title only) view.

no problem on my Evernote...  hmm..

• Like 1

On my Windows 11 / EN V10.77.3 HTML export or PDF export or Print as PDF are broken. All Attachments are called "Untitled attachment".

But the attachments files in the attachment subfolder of the HTML export do have their proper filenames.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Can you set the default view for all attachments, like we could in legacy, say to "show as title only". Where?

Well, no. I'm using the TITLE view. I guess I didn't understand exactly what you meant.

If I paste a list (separated by a new line) of http links as text (note that it has to be CTRL-SHIFT-V then, normal CTRL-V gives you garbage), they are not turned into hotlinks anymore. If one presses ENTER, the last one (and only that) will be turned into a hotlink.

In legacy simple CRL-V turns the link into hotlinks (due to their syntax). All of them. 
See: 

51 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

Its one of the reasons I have the sidebar closed all the time as I can mouseover the notebooks, shortcuts and whatnot and only see those items in a slideout. I never see the whole tree.

• Like 3

The watched import folder doesn't delete the successfully imported files. It used to have (even in V10) an option for that, but that option (which never worked) has been now removed (as a solution to the problem).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Its one of the reasons I have the sidebar closed all the time as I can mouseover the notebooks, shortcuts and whatnot and only see those items in a slideout. I never see the whole tree.

perfect point :)

2 hours ago, ferol said:

I've put together a table of things that I personally miss on the current version on Windows.

I will be glad if you write me other tips, what bothers you and what is missing.. Because it is now scattered over a quantum of threads and I can't keep track of everything..

My list is here:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/468827bb-c76d-c5bd-ddfb-43939eec55da/J32CLUxj4RO04QyhAwufC6ywh0VMCQGJnqU8GaPl7ObyybsJ-fmwAGQsyQ

• Can't sort by tag in v10. (Why remove a feature??)
  • In Legacy, if I had a note open as a window with (application) links to other notes, clicking on a link would open the linked note in that window. Alternatively, I could right click and choose to either open as a tab in the same window, or open the note in its own window. In v10, clicking on a link within a note seems to return to the home screen with the linked note open in preview (which hardly ever works on the first click, and is then slow to load). Right clicking only offers the "open" option, which does the same thing as clicking on the link. This is putting a serious damper on my workflow. A helpful user pointed out to me that one can CTRL-click on a link and it will open in a new window. This is slightly better than the return to the main screen option, but it's still a workaround that requires several extra steps..
  • Hovering over note links in v10 creates a pop-up which makes it difficult to actually click on the link.
  • Can't initiate a sync in v10. (At least as far as I can tell...)
  • There is no support for paying customers anymore.
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, kkarney said:

Can't initiate a sync in v10. (At least as far as I can tell...)

Synchronisation is in real time, no need to click anywhere

One cannot save all attachments of a note (like in legacy) to a location anymore.

The workaround

1. export the note as HTML
  2. go to the subfolder of attachments and move them to the target folder
  3. delete the rest

works, but it is messing around.

5 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

One cannot save all attachments of a note (like in legacy) to a location anymore.

The workaround

1. export the note as HTML
  2. go to the subfolder of attachments and move them to the target folder
  3. delete the rest

works, but it is messing around.

Right- click outside attatment, but inside note.....   and look, you get this:

image.png.526453bed10d322d8faaa7a7170b4214.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One unpopular thing to kind of remember is that V10 wasn't meant to be a replica of Legacy. They removed functionality that was hardly used so some of the items will probably never come back as very few used them.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jon/t said:

Dnes som sa niečo naučila 😂

Me too.. i just tried it i didn't know it.

It was a coincidence.. it's a bad implementation  😅

Bad implementation, but working:
Right- click outside attatment, but inside note.....   and you get "Save Attachments"

Better wil be to add this option to the 3 dots on the top right for a note...
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, ferol said:

My bad, apologies. I meant to say: you cannot do that for multiple notes, only for one. 

This action used to be on context menu of selected notes. So you could do  a search, select all notes found -- and save all attachments to a single target folder.

Now you can do only one note. If you want more: need to resort the HTML export.

3 minutes ago, ferol said:
Bad implementation, but working:
Right- click outside attatment, but inside note.....   and you get "Save Attachments"

No, that would apply to a single note (the current) only.

Better add it back to where is was: the context menu of all selected notes. See my argument above.

5 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

My bad, apologies. I meant to say: you cannot do that for multiple notes, only for one. 

This action used to be on context menu of selected notes. So you could do  a search, select all notes found -- and save all attachments to a single target folder.

Now you can do only one note. If you want more: need to resort the HTML export.

aha.. OK..

• Level 5
31 minutes ago, ferol said:

image.png.526453bed10d322d8faaa7a7170b4214.png

Wow! People have been waiting for this ever since v. 10 came out. I just tried and it saved 18 attachments (docs and PDFs) flawlessly, including giving me the option to overwrite or keep (with Copy 1 added to the name) a duplicate. This they should have put at the top of a list of changes in Release Notes--I don't ever remember seeing it there, so I don't know when it was restored.

Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Wow! People have been waiting for this ever since v. 10 came out. I just tried and it saved 18 attachments (docs and PDFs) flawlessly, including giving me the option to overwrite or keep (with Copy 1 added to the name) a duplicate. This they should have put at the top of a list of changes in Release Notes--I don't ever remember seeing it there, so I don't know when it was restored.

... bad implementation... bad comunication...

2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

• Like 1
  • Level 5
48 minutes ago, kkarney said:
  • Can't initiate a sync in v10. (At least as far as I can tell...)
  • There is no support for paying customers anymore.
  • Ctrl+R to refresh/initiate a sync
  • There is support, it's just hardly functional
  • Level 5
51 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

In legacy in "all notes" view, you could click on "all notes" at the top to get a list of notebooks. Now you have to go and find the one you are looking for.

I'm not following. In v. 10, either expand the Notebooks list in the left panel, or click on Notebooks to open up a list in the center panel.

@Dave-in-Decatur

Are you in any closer contact with the Evernote people? That if it would make sense to send them through you there then this list of things in my table.... if that makes any sense at all.
Or do I just send it over there normally via a ticket and let them do what they want with it?

• Level 5
2 hours ago, BLK Dragon said:

I can one thing to the list (since I'm forced to use v10 soon and old problems are still there) : shortcuts.

'Shortcut' is when you do single click and go to the note or notebook. Not scrolling large list and picking smth buried in list of notebook, not going to home-screen and picking from tiny scrollable window (on a large 4K display, yeah), but doing single click.

There was an option once to show shortcuts on the toolbar under menu (on a macbook at least) - so it can be optional, because I can already hear "oh but only 1% of users want this" :)

Not quite following you. In v. 10, Shortcuts is near the top of the left panel. Expand it and get your list of shortcuts, single-click the one you want. Not buried in the list of notebooks. TBH, in Legacy, with the shortcuts listed across the top, I often had to scroll horizontally to find one I was looking for.

• Like 1
  • ferol changed the title to Missing features and bugs in v.10 in TABLE - My wishlist
  • Level 5
3 minutes ago, ferol said:

@Dave-in-Decatur

Are you in any closer contact with the Evernote people? That if it would make sense to send them through you there then this list of things in my table.... if that makes any sense at all.
Or do I just send it over there normally via a ticket and let them do what they want with it?

No, I don't have any closer contact than anyone else here. Probably sending the link to the list to feedback@evernote.com would be the way they'd prefer to get it. And let them know that it will continue to be updated, so they can check it repeatedly.

6 minutes ago, ferol said:

@Dave-in-Decatur

OK, I'll send it to them later when the flow of new entries into the spreadsheet slows down. I don't believe they will look at it and check if it has been updated...

• Level 5
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Not quite following you. In v. 10, Shortcuts is near the top of the left panel. Expand it and get your list of shortcuts, single-click the one you want. Not buried in the list of notebooks. TBH, in Legacy, with the shortcuts listed across the top, I often had to scroll horizontally to find one I was looking for.

Furthermore you can move the most use shortcuts to the top 9 positions, and then use them simply by typing ctrl / cmd (Mac) - 1 - 9.

Each number will open the corresponding shortcut.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ferol said:

I've mentioned this as I think it could be a good idea. One possible reason for it not being there is that the 3 dots menu is getting very long!

1 minute ago, Jon/t said:

I've mentioned this as I think it could be a good idea. One possible reason for it not being there is that the 3 dots menu is getting very long!

Copy internal link has submenu....

No problem create

Export/print:

- Export

- Export as PDF

- Print

- Export all attatmnets..

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:
  • Ctrl+R to refresh/initiate a sync
  • There is support, it's just hardly functional

Thanks for the Ctrl+R hint. Will definitely use that.

• Like 1
  • ferol changed the title to Missing features and bugs in v.10 - My wishlist in clear table
48 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'm not following. In v. 10, either expand the Notebooks list in the left panel, or click on Notebooks to open up a list in the center panel.

Trouble is: on a smaller screen, like laptop it needs navigating around now.

In legacy, it popped down, you could start typing and narrowing down the list. Without going to the panel, finding the list of notebooks, expanding it, finding the notebook you mean.

Doable in V10, just very cumbersome.

• Level 5

You can show the "Location" = notebook in the list of notes. Or you simply have a note from that notebook open.

If you want to have only this notebook selected, just click on the notebooks name in the field above the open note.

This will toggle the whole list to show only this notebooks content.

This is a minor one, but it would be so easy to change…

If you add a tag and start typing it, the list narrows down and once you have only one left, you just select it by pressing ENTER.

Try that with the list of notebook if you want to move a note to another one. At the top of the note you can do that. Fine.

BUt even if you typed enough and there is only one notebook left, you can't simply press ENTER. You need to select that only one, then you can press ENTER.

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

You can show the "Location" = notebook in the list of notes. Or you simply have a note from that notebook open.

If you want to have only this notebook selected, just click on the notebooks name in the field above the open note.

This will toggle the whole list to show only this notebooks content.

Pardon me, this is in reference to which post?

1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

Some options are still there:

image.png.361a0106953c68c0ef14951a5a9caf6e.png

This is almost good enough, but needs to be selected every time when you merge notes. In legacy it was an option an could be set as default.

Why every time?

BTW: V10 doesn't like Options or Settings. It must be a "design thing". I submit that they are very useful.

And it is certainly a bad idea to force user to pick options every time, instead of being able to set a default for them.

• Level 5
19 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Trouble is: on a smaller screen, like laptop it needs navigating around now.

In legacy, it popped down, you could start typing and narrowing down the list. Without going to the panel, finding the list of notebooks, expanding it, finding the notebook you mean.

Doable in V10, just very cumbersome.

Another option, which I don't use often enough, is to use the Switch function, which will let you quickly start typing the name of a note, notebook, or tag to bring up a list and go to the one you want. The only problem is it's only accessible (I think) through a keyboard shortcut, and the default is Ctrl+Q, and that is also used (slaps forehead) for justifying text and quitting. I customized it to Ctrl+S, and it's really useful when I remember it.

EDIT: So, @ferol, a formal request to add to the list: do not allow keyboard shortcuts to refer to more than one function.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
11 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

This is a minor one, but it would be so easy to change…

If you add a tag and start typing it, the list narrows down and once you have only one left, you just select it by pressing ENTER.

Try that with the list of notebook if you want to move a note to another one. At the top of the note you can do that. Fine.

BUt even if you typed enough and there is only one notebook left, you can't simply press ENTER. You need to select that only one, then you can press ENTER.

With you all the way on this one. And there's some other selector dialog where you have to tab down to the desired item and hit the spacebar.

@ferol, I hope you're getting all this. 😅

• Like 1
1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

It isn’t for me.  I’ve set it once and have never changed it.

Interesting, the options are not "sticky" for me, they revert to the system default (don't keep originals, separator line, titles within).

About three microseconds. Or, in other words, basically the blink of an eye, on both my Win 11 desktop and laptop.  I can't help but think there is something about your own system hardware that is not quite right, or your database is less than pristine.  But it is very fast for me.

Vinnie  

Attachments have an "Open" menu item on the context menu. But they do not have an "Open with" option anymore.

If you need to open a file with another app as the system default, you have to download the attachment and do it on your O/S.

7 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

though I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again.

not squashed... happens sporadically even with the latest mac version. No obvious pattern.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Razmataz said:

I'll just reboot

If that doesn’t work do an uninstall using Revo/Appcleaner and then reinstall by downloading directly from the website.  If you’ve had multiple installs over time it sometimes help to clean all that out with a more effective uninstaller such as Revo or Appcleaner and then reinstall fresh.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Feitz said:

not squashed... happens sporadically even with the latest mac version. No obvious pattern.

Yup, it’s not 100% fixed yet, but it is rare enough that it doesn’t bother me and it typically only affects one note now and not multiples.

• Level 5

I should say that a couple of times I've looked at notes in either the Windows desktop or Android app, seen them appear at the top of the list as if they'd been recently edited, and then a few minutes later appear back to their proper places. That's bizarre.

@Dave-in-Decatur @Razmataz

I'm a little lost, but I'll put something like this in there:

In Legacy, very fast filtering was used, for example of notebooks. If I had multiple laptops, I could just start typing and gradually the list would get smaller and clearer, so that the appropriate notebook could be found quickly.
The same was true for the list of notes. You just had to start typing some words from a given note and the list was continuously narrowed down. 
The current filtering and search procedure is considerably slower.

OK?

• Level 5
6 hours ago, kkarney said:
  • In Legacy, if I had a note open as a window with (application) links to other notes, clicking on a link would open the linked note in that window. Alternatively, I could right click and choose to either open as a tab in the same window, or open the note in its own window. In v10, clicking on a link within a note seems to return to the home screen with the linked note open in preview (which hardly ever works on the first click, and is then slow to load). Right clicking only offers the "open" option, which does the same thing as clicking on the link. This is putting a serious damper on my workflow. A helpful user pointed out to me that one can CTRL-click on a link and it will open in a new window. This is slightly better than the return to the main screen option, but it's still a workaround that requires several extra steps..

Someone has created an idea in the feature request forum on this topic. Might be good to vote it up:

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I should say that a couple of times I've looked at notes in either the Windows desktop or Android app, seen them appear at the top of the list as if they'd been recently edited, and then a few minutes later appear back to their proper places. That's bizarre.

This sounds like timing issues with real-time-sync. I bet these issues don't occur during testing where BS developers probably have a  high speed connection to their test servers (up- and downstream) so these issues don't show up. In the real world with sometimes shabby, asymmetric connections timing issues come to bear. 

The fact that these problems are only sporadically popping up rules out 'standard' software bugs because they would occur regularly / with all users on the same software base. Just my thoughts but for me this makes sense ...

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

later appear back to their proper places. That's bizarre.

similar to attachment extensions disappearing and then reappearing out of the blue.

• ferol changed the title to Missing features, bugs and wishlist in v.10 - Clear detailed table

Here's my 2 Cents on what Features are MISSING / BORKED in Evernote v10 that are PRESENT / WORKING in Evernote 7.14 Legacy. These are the Main REASONS I use Evernote Legacy!

evernote.legacy_main.better.thumb.png.42aff8126efa318b60f65aa9e51290a3.png

BETTER:
  1. Static Search: Doesn’t Change Shape, and Cursor Position, when Clicking.
  2. Note Notebook Management: Clicking Name to Move, Clicking Arrow to Go To.
  3. Easy Add / See / Change Tags
  4. Easy Date / URL Accessibility
  5. Easy Add Note to Current Notebook
  6. Easy Share Button
  7. Easy Options Button

evernote.legacy.editor.better.thumb.png.7a8d283a08590963ebf43049321896b9.png

BETTER EDITOR:
  1. More Fonts Available
  2. More Font Customization
  3. Simple Single-Click Editor Menu!!!

evernote.legacy_note.details.better.png.4a960474db81b8783bdd5cda4e1408d9.png
BETTER DATE / URL MANAGEMENT
  1. Date Accepts Copy / Paste instead of Stupid “Date Picker"
  2. Simple URL Edits can be Updated / Added / Removed
  3. Simple Note Details Edits can be Updated / Added / Changed

Side Note: If you are a Dev, and your "updated" product adds Clicks / Taps / Steps to a Task that only required a Single Click / Tap / Step in the previous version, it is a disservice to the Customer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Razmataz said:

Interesting, the options are not "sticky" for me, they revert to the system default (don't keep originals, separator line, titles within).

I uninstalled my Windows client from the MS Appstore, downloaded the same version (10.77.3) from the Evernote website and installed it.

These merge option seem to be now sticky. That would solve the problem.

Also: I can now copy the tag list of a note consistently (fingers crossed), albeit without visual feedback.

(To copy the tag list: click on the first tag, SHIFT-click on the last, press CTRL-C, go to the other note, click into the tag list and press CTRL-V. There is no visual feedback for this (what a blunder!) but it works.)

I looked at the Windows clipboard, it is a comma separated list. What remains is this: one cannot paste this list into the filter function (to search for other notes with the same tags). There, the list is not accepted as input.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, bulletproof said:

Here's my 2 Cents on what Features are MISSING / BORKED in Evernote v10 that are PRESENT / WORKING in Evernote 7.14 Legacy.

Just a thought, but if this list is presented as what is in Legacy but missing from v10 then I don’t think Evernote will be interested.  V10 is a new product and I doubt they are interested in making a Legacy clone.  If this list is limited to feature enhancements, especially those that may benefit a wide audience, or potentially gain them new users, then, I think there may be a greater chance in getting their interest and attention.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, ben353253 said:

It would be crazy to expect feature parity with their 10+ year old product

You are correct, it is crazy to expect 100% parity with their old product, that was withering on the wine and dying.  Everyone seems to be forgetting that part. For most people, v10 is the closest to Legacy out there.  If you can find something that works better for you, go for it.  Camping out here in the forum angry, and tossing out snide remarks is a waste of your time and will not change the outcome.

• Like 3