Jump to content


Level 2
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Ricardo last won the day on March 9

Ricardo had the most liked content!

About Ricardo

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Ricardo's Achievements



  1. Hi! I've been an Evernote user since 2009. Today I installed Evernote 10.8.5, hoping it would be significantly better than the current web version, but found out that this "app" seems to be just a web browser that automatically loads and run Evernote for the Web (i.e., it uses the Electron framework). Even though I'm almost always in favor of changes (even major ones) in services, I always expect those changes to provide better functionality for the users. With Evernote 10 I can only see a few improvements and major drawbacks, not to mention several bugs, both new (e.g., selecting text in a specific note and right-clicking it freezes the program) and old. So for now I just reverted to the "Legacy" version of Evernote... I've been unhappy with Evernote for some time and several reasons, but still waited two years for the big, new revamped version promised to the users. Unfortunately, even if the backend systems are improved, I don't think the complete experience was improved for me - on the contrary. And after reading some posts in this thread, my conclusion is that Evernote can't and won't improve in the areas that I (and others) care about the most. I've been an Evernote advocate for years to family and friends, but now it seems time to let go. I look at the grey Evernote Legacy icon and lament that its color has faded to never come back.
  2. I think they did have a very serious discussion - and the solution they came up with (to solve many bugs and allow the implementation of new features) was to rebuild their software. That was also my first thought. But they said they did work on it, and as a programmer, I also know some bugs can be difficult to understand and fix properly. But again, since they are "laser focused" in building and transitioning to a new system, fixing a rare problem in the current version is clearly not their priority. Unless we are talking about security issues or low hanging fruit, I don't think many bugs in the current version will ever be fixed.
  3. I already examined notes exported from my Windows app, and they not only look just fine, I also don't believe they contain the metadata that is causing the issue.
  4. Having access to your data in their servers (the "cloud") is not the same as having access to the data in your phone - the issue might exist because they are different. IMNSHO, if the Evernote team wanted to, they could easily get the data from your phone (after your consent, obviously!) and then try to reproduce the error, but that is not their focus ATM. Here's what I received from support, in 2019/10/25: I then suggested ideas of workarounds, from exporting notes, the whole database or even the full app data for them to examine, but got no reply after that. A month ago, Evernote published a video saying their new app was promoted from "preview" to "beta". I believe this means no one is going to fix the issue discussed in this thread for the current app. The Evernote team probably wants this and other issues to just go away with the new Evernote app and back end. If anyone is interested, join the beta program and let us know if that solves your issue. Also, let us know about all the new issues! 🤣
  5. That's true, but there are a few ways to work around that. They could add a support option in the app (it could even be hidden at first) for users to upload their data (in part or in whole) for them to inspect.
  6. I don't think support will help. Last time I checked, they said they are aware of the issue, but since they can't reproduce it on their side, there are not many people being affected, and is mostly an inconvenience (instead, e.g., something worse like data loss), this is a low priority issue. As they are designing a lot of changes for a new app, they just hope this issue goes away when they release it.
  7. I'm also on Evernot v. 8.12.2 on Android, and the issue persists. Just like @Dave-in-Decatur, I also updated my note on Windows and ended up with a note conflict that won't go away. Adding more details: My "locked" note on Android was called "Sand Spirograph" I changed the same note on my Windows machine ( (308716) Public (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)) I synced on both devices (first on Windows, then on Android) This caused a "note conflict" on Android I deleted the "note conflict" on Android (the one with the lock and red mark) Now I see the note correctly on my Android device (without the lock and without the red mark) YET, whenever I sync on Android, I get a notification saying "Note upload failed / Note conflict Sand Spirograph"! I opened the "Trash" folder on Android and saw the two notes there, "Sand Spirograph" and "Note conflict Sand Spirograph" (both with the lock and with the red mark) I tried to delete them, but got an "Error / Some notes were already restored on another device. Nothing was deleted."
  8. Hi, everyone! I also have the same issue as @Cyroxian wrote in the first post of this thread. I'm a paying user, so I opened a support ticket. Unfortunately, since this issue has been going on for months, I'm not very hopeful we will see a solution soon (or ever)! The amount of bugs in all Evernote apps seems to grow faster than they are fixed (and I have some bugs reported & acknowledged years ago that are still alive & kicking)...
  • Create New...