Jump to content
  • 0
Nick Nassiri

Evernote for Windows 6.13 GA

Idea

Hello Everyone,

Today we're announcing the availability of version 6.13 to all users. You can download it here or check for updates.

We appreciate your feedback, both on new bugs, and on issues that we've resolved. 

Thanks,
Nick and the Windows Team at Evernote

------------

 

Release Notes for Version 6.13.14

Note: Versions 6.13 is supported in Windows OS versions 7 and up.

Improved (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

  • Encryption between the client and server has been beefed up.
  • We let users save audio locally if they’ve exceeded the note size
  • Users are prevented from making content changes when the Evernote client database is locked by another process (e.g., antivirus scanner)
  • Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification.
  • Messaging to alert the user when they're approaching their notebook limit

Fixed (cumulative changes since version 6.12):

  • The cursor stays in the note body when the user navigates away from the title field
  • Files can be consistently reattached after deleting or undoing an editing action
  • Print behavior works consistently between the main note and single note view
  • Work Chat no longer flags an inbound message as a new thread when it’s not
  • Notebook count is correct
  • Large lists of notes and tags are scrollable as expected
  • We gracefully handle when some video cards incorrectly report their capabilities
  • Some users were intermittently unable to add a new note. We patched that.
  • Numbered lists keep their numbering sequence intact consistently
  • Drag & Drop of files and documents from Evernote to other apps
  • Keyboard shortcut for renaming Notebook Stacks now consistently works
  • Note statistics remain on screen when expected
  • And of course: Misc. other product bug fixes and improvements.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

51 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Really?? YOU HAVE NOT FIXED ISSUE OF LOOSING FOCUS OF CURSOR!!! Issue described here: 

 Other users confirm existence of this issue. But you dont fix it!!!

I have click twice, with pause, in place of a note I need, because otherwise URL or copied text may be pasted at the end of the note, or nowhere pasted. More than year this problem have been existing. When will you fix it? It's impossible to use Evernote app!!

If you need screencast video with describing of issue just mail me and I will send it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
6 hours ago, eric99 said:

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor. Now they are dependent on Google which is famous for suddenly stopping products or breaking API's...

Reminds me of the EN 4.x days for Windows when it was built on the Microsoft .NET framework, and was notoriously unreliable.

And this explains why the editor is so horrible in the current versions. It doesn't behave at all like an editor should. The cursor moves around on you, jumping from the bottom to the top, or from the note to the subject line. 

I am sure the EN developers are playing whack-a-mole with the Chromium API trying to keep up or figure out how all of the features are supposed to come together.

I'm not at all impressed with the direction EN has taken since the new CEO came on board. It is as buggy as ever, and jumping into bed with Google so deeply has caused no end of problems for end users. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bug Report.

Still can't click in a note to set focus if there is something in the search bar.

On the positive side, this version is working well for my use case.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Strange behavior not noticed before 6.13.14.7474 (307474):

I use a reference note with links on a separate window, to do some weekly editing of notes in the main window.  This has been working fine until this week, when it started jumping around between windows upon clicking a link, so I thought I would check the program options.

1-When "Open links from other applications in a new window" is not selected, clicking on links in a separate note window causes the link to be followed in the main window (not the expected behavior of course).

2-When "Open links from other applications in a new window" is selected, clicking on links in any note, whether on the main window or on a separate Evernote window causes the link to be followed in a new window.  Doing it again on the second window causes a third window to open.  Doing it again on the third window causes the link to be followed within the window, as it is supposed to in the first place.

I understood that option to refer to programs outside of Evernote only, and I never noticed this behavior until this weekend, when I tried my weekly editing of personal notes.

I was able to reliably reproduce this behavior in both Windows 10 and Windows 7.

___

I also noticed this version is generally more stable for my use as well.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Strange bug in 6.13.14.  I switched the left panel dark theme to light, when Evernote came back, all my notes disappeared, when I switched back to dark, Evernote didn't come back, the icon on the status bar disappeared, and trying  to run the program again did not bring it back, so I rebooted.   

I did confirm that when it was unresponsive and hiding, Evernote was still in memory per task manager.

I was able to repeat this process twice with the same results, in Windows 10.

---

I was not able to reproduce the same bug in Windows 7.  I wonder whether it is related to the fact that emojis don't work in the notebook list or the tag list (in Windows 7, they work fine in Windows 10).

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Are there any plans to fix the issue where merging notes will cause data loss, or is that by design?

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hmmn.  I updated without any issues,  but since that time my web clipper has been balky - on one page I got the 'reload web page to clip' pop-up - several times after I reloaded each time (I was trying to clip a PDF file);  and on other pages since,  while the initial choices menu comes up,  clicking Save doesn't appear to work...  and then a couple of minutes later it does.  Very odd.  I'll restart my system in a while and see if it's just the heat or the time of day...

Edit:  Aaaaand....  everything seems back to normal after restarting the browser.  Odd,  though...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

- Still not possible to drag & drop pdf's - this issue breaks the workflow routine.

I will stay with the 6.75 version. After so many reports/complains  with this PDF drag & drop it is really not understandable at all why it was not fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This is still an extremely problematic issue and has been for at least 19 months...

This is a less problematic one, but still should have been fixed by now, it's been 8 months!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I updated without any issues,  but since that time my web clipper has been balky - on one page I got the 'reload web page to clip' pop-up - several times after I reloaded each time (I was trying to clip a PDF file);  and on other pages since,  while the initial choices menu comes up,  clicking Save doesn't appear to work...  and then a couple of minutes later it does.  Very odd.  I'll restart my system in a while and see if it's just the heat or the time of day...

Edit:  Aaaaand....  everything seems back to normal after restarting the browser.  Odd,  though...

I can confirm this (FF60)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bug report:

if you copy and paste a word/excel document WITHIN a note (not between notes, so copy a file in the note and paste same file in the same note), both files seem to be connected or are the same file. If one changes the file or renames it, the change is mirrored in both files.

I remember I lost a few original files not knowing the changes are "mirrored" so it is not a new problem but I haven't seen it reported here.

IMHO EN should not paste a file with same as already existing file name in one note but add "-copy" the same way e.g. Windows Explorer does it. IMHO another example of something I would consider "basic functionality" but which is not working. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Maddhin: This confused me often in the past - but knowing about this leads me to work around by extracting the file, changing its content outside, renaming and re-importing it instead of placing a bug report ;-). Now (after having seen that at least one other user is upset about this, I've placed a neutral bug report (not specific to 6.13 GA):

Hope they'll care for this like they should do in official support channels...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

@Maddhin: This confused me often in the past - but knowing about this leads me to work around by extracting the file, changing its content outside, renaming and re-importing it instead of placing a bug report ;-). Now (after having seen that at least one other user is upset about this, I've placed a neutral bug report (not specific to 6.13 GA):

Hope they'll care for this like they should do in official support channels...

Re "neutral bug report" (first I thought you refer to my passive-aggressive and occasionally sarkastic way of posting here LOL):

It seems to have become common practice to re-post the "ongoing" bugs in every new release thread here in order to "refresh attention at EN's side" as it is "commonly believed" that EN does not track bugs (efficiently or effectively).

I guess it would be helpful if somebody here starts to make and maintain a bug list so people do not have to re-report. But that poor soul would have to spent a fortune on sedatives and coffee at the same time to keep that list up-to-date. Maybe that's why nobody wants to do it on EN side neither...? 🤪

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Before I install a new Version of EN I check this forum. For the last months I have read the postings with growing bewilderment, and decided to stay at 6.7 (I think this is the last version before the ugly New Note button). Now I have a new notebook – and since the feedback to 6.13 for the first time in months doesn’t seem horrible, I think I will give it a try.

Thanks to all here who are more brave then me.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Wux said:

Before I install a new Version of EN I check this forum. For the last months I have read the postings with growing bewilderment, and decided to stay at 6.7 (I think this is the last version before the ugly New Note button). Now I have a new notebook – and since the feedback to 6.13 for the first time in months doesn’t seem horrible, I think I will give it a try.

Going back and forth between versions can sometimes play havoc with you data, since the earlier versions don't handle well some of the changes in the newer versions.  It's safer staying put with either version.

Version 6.7 is still much more stable and reliable, but for those of us who went along for the ride, this is the calm after the storm.  Worth it?  We'll see.   :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Version 6.7 is still much more stable and reliable, but for those of us who went along for the ride, this is the calm after the storm.  Worth it?

 I think I am going to disable updates entirely at this point until I see if QC is any better. I can see after 2 days after this was released forum support hasn't changed. 🤨

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bug report:

With note(s) pinned into the shortcuts section, deleting those notes doesn't remove them from the shortcuts list like I would expect.  Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature.  I say they should be removed from shortcuts if I'm deleting the note.

843764000_evernote-trashednotesstayinshortcuts.thumb.png.4e9362f54a6f636eca833d876184f61f.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, ej8899 said:

deleting those notes doesn't remove them from the shortcuts list like I would expect

Thinking about it,  I agree it's what you would expect,  but did it ever work that deleting a note would remove a shortcut linked directly to it?  If it did,  it's a bug n this version and we should get it fixed.  If not,  (and I don't remember seeing it work that way) this seems more like a design omission and therefore feature request than an actual bug... 

Maybe repeat the request in the general feedback forum to get some voting traction for a future update?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, ej8899 said:

Bug report: ...Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature.

This did not work ever, So it might be a bug (but not specific to current version). Shortcuts in EN work like bookmarks in browsers. Its simply a list of links with no control of their validity. If a web site goes away, the bookmarks remains "living". Maybe you want to place a feature request to a function like "Cleanup Shortcuts" on request.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 7/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, CalS said:

Bug Report.

Still can't click in a note to set focus if there is something in the search bar.

On the positive side, this version is working well for my use case.

 

On 7/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, hochbar said:

Really?? YOU HAVE NOT FIXED ISSUE OF LOOSING FOCUS OF CURSOR!!! Issue described here: 

 Other users confirm existence of this issue. But you dont fix it!!!

I have click twice, with pause, in place of a note I need, because otherwise URL or copied text may be pasted at the end of the note, or nowhere pasted. More than year this problem have been existing. When will you fix it? It's impossible to use Evernote app!!

If you need screencast video with describing of issue just mail me and I will send it to you.

9

Thanks for these reports. We've identified the issue, and we are working on a fix. 

@hochbar This issue does not occur with version 6.7.5. Until this is fixed, you can uninstall the current GA, and install 6.7.5 using this link: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.7.5.5825.exe

@CalS and @hochbarThanks  for your patience and we work on the fix. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 7/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, Luís L. said:

- Still not possible to drag & drop pdf's - this issue breaks the workflow routine.

I will stay with the 6.75 version. After so many reports/complains  with this PDF drag & drop it is really not understandable at all why it was not fixed.

You should be able to Drag and Drop PDFs in to Evernote now. Drag and drop of PDF from Evernote still requires you to view the PDF as an attachment (right-click PDF > View as attachment) before you can drag. 


We're still working on bringing back the ability to drag and drop inline PDFs. Thanks for the report. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Bug report:

With note(s) pinned into the shortcuts section, deleting those notes doesn't remove them from the shortcuts list like I would expect.  Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature.  I say they should be removed from shortcuts if I'm deleting the note.

843764000_evernote-trashednotesstayinshortcuts.thumb.png.4e9362f54a6f636eca833d876184f61f.png

 

Thanks for this feedback. Currently, we don't remove the shortcut until the note is removed from the trash. Once the note is expunged, we'll remove its shortcut. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Bug report:   Perhaps a bug, perhaps a 'feature. 

In a way it does make sense that it should disappear when the note is deleted, but considering how easy it is to accidentally delete or alter a note since there is no read-only feature, I think I prefer it the way it is, but would be fine if this could be disabled with a checkbox in options.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for this feedback. Currently, we don't remove the shortcut until the note is removed from the trash. Once the note is expunged, we'll remove its shortcut. 

I like this behaviour  (as long as there is no ReadOnly mode or delete confirmation)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I suggested long time ago to boycott any new installation on all devices and OS.

EN is aware of all this bugs and still releasing new version.

Statement like we are working on bringing back this feature is ridiculous, why did you remove it in first place.

And all you gurus here, please do not respond here and defend the company.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 hours ago, AndreasM said:

Statement like we are working on bringing back this feature is ridiculous, why did you remove it in first place.

Features disappeared due to heavy refactoring from CEF1 to CEF3 framework.  We can only hope they finally stop their obsession rewriting the same piece of code again and again...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, eric99 said:

Features disappeared due to heavy refactoring from CEF1 to CEF3 framework.  We can only hope they finally stop their obsession rewriting the same piece of code again and again...

All those changes to the PDF features that (checks forums) no one asked for. 

 

I despise the new pdf rendering and features in the Windows version. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, eric99 said:

Features disappeared due to heavy refactoring from CEF1 to CEF3 framework.  We can only hope they finally stop their obsession rewriting the same piece of code again and again...

The Wikipedia entry to CEF1 vs CEF3 shows that CEF1 is no longer supported - so EN had to upgrade sometime. CEF3 is multithreaded, while CEF1 is singlethreaded, so EN should be much faster 😉.

But I do understand that rewriting the code base to a multithreading model is heavy work, is likely to break a lot of things, and is a massive challenge to programmers used to singlethreading. It would have been better to be open about this change, tell people why this is necessary, and stop regular updates for half a year until a decent version is ready for GA.

I do not think that anyone at EN wanted to break PDF workflows or thinks even remotely, that the feature-less version is better then the old one. But it seems they seriously underestemated the work needed for switching frameworks, so I guess it will be another few versions until all the functionality is back.

 

On 7/14/2018 at 6:56 AM, AndreasM said:

I suggested long time ago to boycott any new installation on all devices and OS.

EN is aware of all this bugs and still releasing new version.

Statement like we are working on bringing back this feature is ridiculous, why did you remove it in first place.

And all you gurus here, please do not respond here and defend the company. 

I am far from an EN guru, and I do understand that you are angry. But I don't see how your rambling is improving anything, and I really don't like being told to not be allowed to say what I have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
29 minutes ago, Wux said:

The Wikipedia entry to CEF1 vs CEF3 shows that CEF1 is no longer supported - so EN had to upgrade sometime. 😉

 

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor. Now they are dependent on Google which is famous for suddenly stopping products or breaking API's...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, eric99 said:

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor. Now they are dependent on Google which is famous for suddenly stopping products or breaking API's...

Completely agree. Seems very limited as a choice for editor. But I guess it could have something to do with the fact hat Evernote has close ties with Google. The current CEO is ex Google guy. They also forced adding chrome PDF viewer that no one likes if I'm not mistaken. The more Google stuff I hear the less things seem to work as they should. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 7/15/2018 at 1:39 AM, eric99 said:

I still wonder why EN needs the chromium framework for just a  simple editor.

Actually, it's far from simple!

The editor itself is javascript which runs in a browser. So we need a browser. A stable one we can target. Trying to get that javascript stable in 53354 different IE versions is not going to happen. Remember, we _just_ dropped Windows XP support (so the number of IE versions we'd have to support is probably higher).

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, dconnet said:

Actually, it's far from simple!

The editor itself is javascript which runs in a browser. So we need a browser. A stable one we can target. Trying to get that javascript stable in 53354 different IE versions is not going to happen. Remember, we _just_ dropped Windows XP support (so the number of IE versions we'd have to support is probably higher).

Thanks for the answer. My question was more, why is it written in javascript in the first place? Maybe because you want a single editor implementation for multiple platforms (write once, run everywhere) ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Thanks for the answer. My question was more, why is it written in javascript in the first place? Maybe because you want a single editor implementation for multiple platforms (write once, run everywhere) ?

So now some of the reasons for the speed issues are coming to light....

No one expects a browser to perform like a desktop app, but now we have a desktop app performing like a browser, because it is a browser. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, eric99 said:

Maybe because you want a single editor implementation for multiple platforms

This. One of the reasons it's called the "Common Editor" :)

(You really don't want every platform implementing their own editors. We have enough issues as it is!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

A single editor on multiple platforms would be ok if i the data actually looked consistently the same and the editor behaved mostly the same across platforms. 

My concern would be that this means Evernote will never be any better than the javascript it is based on.  This helps explain why some important feature requests are not implemented, and some apparently trivial ones are.

I don't have fond memories of javascript programs personally, maybe this has changed over the years.  I generally avoid browser based programs, unless required for work.

---

By the way, anybody knows why the order of responses in this forum is often all over the place? it is hard to follow the conversation when the order is not strictly chronological. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
54 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

By the way, anybody knows why the order of responses in this forum is all over the place? it is hard to follow the conversation when the order is not strictly chronological. 

At the bottom of the top post are two sort options.  You can select vote sequence or date sequence.

F4630582-8075-4FA7-8F17-F7540591E34F.jpeg.923feb9bde8227dc6a572c12f3f22c81.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

At the bottom of the top post are two links to select the sort sequence.  You can select vote sequence or date sequence.

Got it, thanks.  I wonder if this can be set by default somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I don't recall whether this has been discussed already.  It is a relatively minor bug, but annoying just the same.

At random times (mostly when navigating to another note, usually via a link), the Editing toolbar just disappears, then it may reappear when going to another note, though it reappears more reliably by going back to the previous note before it disappeared. 

The only thing I noticed about it is that it seems to disappear in the presence of some notes (or via link navigation, not consistently), but usually reappears by clicking in the back history button (clicking forwards will usually not make it disappear again).

Memorizing some of the keyboard shortcuts helps (pressing F8 of course too), but it would be good if this was fixed. 

I am fairly sure this bug has been around through several versions of Evernote, just not sure how far back.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, Don Dz said:

At random times (mostly when navigating to another note, usually via a link), the Editing toolbar just disappears, then it may reappear when going to another note, though it reappears more reliably by going back to the previous note before it disappeared.

Yes, I see this behavior as well. It kind a reappears again at some point after "clicking a few times in the note".

Very similar: the "label this picture" option for pictures is also disappearing and often very slowly becoming available for newly posted pictures.

Both bugs are small but nevertheless highly annoying as they disturb the workflow and distract.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This has been discussed before but there is still no fix:

If one changes the first line in an existing note, EN tends to take that first line and automatically changes the note title to the text in that first line.

It's highly frustrating because there is also some lag and often I work so fast that I do not see the change and find it only later because there are all of sudden a couple of notes with the same title (as I often paste a link to the main note as first line in a note).

Can this behavior be stopped? It is fine for notes without title (e.g. new notes) but EN should not be allowed to change already existing titles!!!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Maddhin said:

This has been discussed before but there is still no fix:

It has been discussed before, it is by design, not a bug.  The title is the first line, until you change the title directly, then the title sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

It has been discussed before, it is by design, not a bug.  The title is the first line, until you change the title directly, then the title sticks.

The title is the first line?

Well, the thing is: it’s not working that way! At least not on my machines. I’m clipping a ton of notes and in say 1 out of 10 cases EN changes the title. In old notes its about 2-3 out of 10 notes where this happens.
 
If it is a feature it's almost worse: it's not working and needs fixing..! So I guess in this case I should be happy the feature is buggy...
 
But in any case: I do not understand why EN  insists to change EXISTING titles. In a lot of cases my automatic title is the title/headline and the text is in the body - so I sometimes have to go back to the original website, etc to retrieve the title - and wasting my time. 
 
There is just no logic to it - why would I write something new in the first line when I want to change an existing title? And how do I know whether the title is sticky or not? And how - if the title is the first line - can I have this behavior constantly, always, permanently or vv.?  - Something missing here.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Maddhin said:

And how do I know whether the title is sticky or not? And how - if the title is the first line - can I have this behavior constantly, always, permanently or vv.?  - Something missing here.

If you have ever changed the title directly in the past, Evernote remembers and will not modify it again unless you delete it, that maybe why you are noticing inconsistent behaviors.

Try it, delete the title, then click on the body or click another note, the title should automatically revert to the first line after a second or so. 

Then modify the first line of the body, followed by clicking on the title or another note, it should automatically change to what you wrote on the first line (there will be a delay for the title to change if you don't do one of those two actions after editing the first line). 

Now try changing the title only, and go back to the body.  The title should remain.

I previously noticed that if you change the title and click on another note without clicking on the body first, it would lose all changes to the title.  I cannot reproduce that behavior in the current version of Evernote, I guess they fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

If you have ever changed the title directly in the past, Evernote remembers and will not modify it again unless you delete it, that maybe why you are noticing inconsistent behaviors.

Try it, delete the title, then click on the body or click another note, the title should automatically revert to the first line after a second or so. 

Then modify the first line of the body, followed by clicking on the title or another note, it should automatically change to what you wrote on the first line (there will be a delay for the title to change if you don't do one of those two actions after editing the first line). 

Now try changing the title only, and go back to the body.  The title should remain.

Thanks I really appreciate the effort but

1. do not want to have to test each note whether the title is sticky or not - it’s not efficient (or logical!)

2. I just don’t want to have my first line messing with the title in general :) I know that maybe people who use markdown or have a certain note „setup“ like to have the title and first line identical and edit title from the body but for me a title should be title and a body body :)  I do not like to have dublicate info (title and first line), as this doesn’t give me added value:) 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Maddhin said:

I just don’t want to have my first line messing with the title in general

Then just configure the note options as follows: "Set new note focus to title"

Now, when creating a new note, you can immediately fill in your title without EN interfering later on...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, eric99 said:

Then just configure the note options as follows: "Set new note focus to title"

Now, when creating a new note, you can immediately fill in your title without EN interfering later on...

That has no effect on his clipped notes though.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 7/10/2018 at 9:23 AM, EdH said:

Are there any plans to fix the issue where merging notes will cause data loss, or is that by design?

 

 

Thanks @EdHDefinitely not by design. We're still working on a fix for this one. Getting closer, but not quite there. The Syncronization options that trigger this (On Demand Sync and Purge Sync) will continue to be off by default until this is fixed.  When this occurs the original notes can be restored from the trash notebook. Thanks again for the report. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 7/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, ej8899 said:

Good version so far in my testing too... sync errors gone (from what I can tell so far), work chat even seems to be back working.

Still existing:  Tags turn "invisible". Reported 2018-03-21 (still in 6.13.14)
 

Thanks for this report. We're still working on a fix. We're able to reproduce this issue after tags are styled and synced to a second PC. One PC looks OK, the second PC is affected by this issue? Same on your end? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, eric99 said:

Then just configure the note options as follows: "Set new note focus to title"

Now, when creating a new note, you can immediately fill in your title without EN interfering later on...

I am aware of this option but as Gustavgi already pointed out, this is solution is basically not related to the problem of already existing titles/notes being changed. 

It is actually a good feature that EN puts the cursor into the body and adds the first line as title for new notes as this shaves off a few seconds and therefore makes note taking a bit more efficient. But all this efficiency is lost when one has to "repair" titles because EN changes titles "arbitrarily" (as user usually doesn't remember/know whether it's an automatic title or not - while it's also unclear to me what exactly defines an "automatic title" as it seems that e.g. not all clipped notes seem to be considered automatic and if title is changed in clipper, it seems sticky? Complicated!).

I personally and in my setting and workflow just see no good reason - except to new/blank titles - why the first line should change the title. And if so, EN's behavior should be predictable - either always change or never but the "sticky/non-sticky title" design solution is in this form not practical and should at least have an option to switch it off :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for this report. We're still working on a fix. We're able to reproduce this issue after tags are styled and synced to a second PC. One PC looks OK, the second PC is affected by this issue? Same on your end? 

That was the "jist of it" during my initial testing and reproduction phases of spotting this... today, however, I have several machines,  I believe all are in equal sync with invisible tags.  I've been styling most of my main tags with a color as opposed to "default color" (and bold, which I think was the 'triggering' factor for invisibility) just so I can be productive.  But the few tags I don't have re-styled yet, seem to be invisible on all machines.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×