Felkyr

Grammarly within Evernote

Idea

Whatever you guys are doing to allow Grammarly to work in your product, please don't change it ever for any reason. It irritates me to no end that I can't use it in Google Docs and other things I like, and that's mainly why I'm here. 

63 replies to this idea

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting an Evernote integration with Grammarly have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for an Evernote/Grammarly integration here!

Grammarly does not work in the desktop app, right? I would love this integration, similar to how Grammarly integrates into Microsoft Word. I'll post this as a product idea.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2017 at 9:58 PM, Braltz said:

I was coming here to post this exact idea! This would be awesome!

So, please, consider upvoting ;).

• Like 2

Here's another vote. -I actually came here to figure out why Grammarly isn't working in Evernote. It seems like a no-brainer, especially when it's web-based. -In fact, now that I"m typing this, Grammarly is fixing my spelling here in this discussion box on the Evernote site. (No-brainer and web-based should both be hyphenated... good to know.). 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, Jeff Lee said:

... it's web-based. -In fact, now that I"m typing this, Grammarly is fixing my spelling here in this discussion box on the Evernote site.

Both sites are web-based, yes, but the Evernote editor is a bit more complicated, e.g. working checkboxes. Also, many forums use editors that have been modified by the authors to work with Grammarly.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 1:39 PM, jjsararas said:

+1000 I downloaded the Windows app presuming it would integrate with EN desktop. If you post a link to your feature request I'll +1 that too.

+ 10K I need Grammarly inside Evernote. The two most common and critical tools in my quiver.

Why can't you get along/integrate?

This a great idea and I hope it's will added soon.

Absolutely an important feature for me as well! Both apps are among the essentials for me. I would love them work together seamlessly.

8 hours ago, LukiCharmz said:

I have a pro subscription to Evernote and a pro subscription to Grammarly. I'd love to see integration natively across all Evernote platforms; desktop, mobile, and web.

It sucks that I have to type my notes in Evernote, copy / paste into grammarly, and then copy/paste back into Evernote. It's a total pain.

I don't have Grammarly but it does sound like a good idea. I think the more integrations Evernote have with popular productivity tools, the more new customers it will attract. Of course, more integrations also may mean more problems. So they would have to pick and choose.

By the way, I assume you are using the desktop app, otherwise it should work on the web app, correct?

Yes, please bring this integration (think about Windows users as well when integrating it)

This lack of integration (Grammarly + Evernote) is putting in doubt my decision to use Evernote as my default note system. Actually, I was planning to become premium, but without this integration, it does not worth for me.

Funny thing: Grammarly was able to review my comment in the forum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

how much longer do your customers have to wait until you get over your ego and allow other app integrations. It's all about improving your customers experiences. You are not the experts in all fields. Make evernote practical, be adaptive.

• Like 1

I would totally pay for Evernote Premium if they had a grammatical checker like grammarly. Would you guys?

On 9/29/2017 at 2:55 PM, Braltz said:

Grammarly does not work in the desktop app, right? I would love this integration, similar to how Grammarly integrates into Microsoft Word. I'll post this as a product idea.

+1000 I downloaded the Windows app presuming it would integrate with EN desktop. If you post a link to your feature request I'll +1 that too.

On 6/20/2017 at 4:40 AM, happytree said:

I guess you just need to install the Browser plugin of "Grammarly", the plugin will auto-check. https://app.grammarly.com/apps

I can't use the browser plugin. It just makes everything stall infinitely. I only have two other extensions, neither of which I am willing to remove.

I don't see why an Evernote extension/integration wouldn't work on my computer. I will probably use Word for this purpose, but I would prefer to use Evernote since it will just be text snippets typed on the computer. Word will "force" me to save a file to my computer.

The Evernote spell check is terrible! It forgets what I add to dictionary, and requires extra clicks and has poor dictionary compared to other spell checks. Grammarly would be wonderful!!! 

I checked out evernote support but the form was too restrictive for this request to be submitted, so going to leave this here. Grammarly no longer works on the evernote webApp (chrome or safari). It's a bit ironic because grammaly IS working in this forum :(. Could y'all fix that, please?

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 6.53.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 6.54.21 PM.png

I have a pro subscription to Evernote and a pro subscription to Grammarly. I'd love to see integration natively across all Evernote platforms; desktop, mobile, and web.

It sucks that I have to type my notes in Evernote, copy / paste into grammarly, and then copy/paste back into Evernote. It's a total pain.

• Like 6

Agreed - these two essential tools for today's professionals need to work together. For me, it isn't just the spell-checker implementation; it's Grammarly's grammar-checking functionality that would be so helpful.

we need this. just realized I did a grammar mistake on my podcast after copying my intro into WP today... too late

I have been using Evernote.com on my laptop and it works Great with Grammarly. Also, Grammarly has a mobile keyboard for iPhone (which I am currently using) which also works quite well.

I am in full agreement. I am hoping that if we all speak up, someone would .. on the web and in the app. Maybe, if we all post somethin wth some speling and grammar errors they would ee it's   benefit. what do the rest of you think?

I was hoping that Grammarly was already integrated into Evernote. I'm excited to see this idea implemented.

Another vote for this... When oh when will Grammarly work with Evernote?

Hello to all, 

I have a huge usage of writing in Evernote, and Today An idea just crash on me. 

I love to write and have been writing at Evernote Application Platform, I would pretty much appreciate and pretty exciting to see the collaboration or even having a grammar function that helps in my grammar writing, in this way, not only I could store all my writing, proposals, ideas, blog posts or any editorial in Evernote, It also helps to curate and guide my grammar along the way. 

Would like to have a Grammer Function! 

I've just started using Grammerly, and wish it worked on content I am creating inside Evernote. Wonder if this is an Evernote request, or one we should be making over at Grammerly?

+1 Using Evernote Web app and it's a real shame Grammarly doesn't work with it!

Spellcheck available now is very poor. I would quit but too much invested. 

• Like 1

Evernote ❤️ Grammarly seems like one of the most obvious and powerfull product partnerships out there!

I pay the Premium version and I'm very disappointed to see that Grammarly doesn't work with Evernote!! If English was my main language, I would leave Evernote because of that.