Grammarly within Evernote

Felkyr

Idea

I do not get those against the idea of having the option of using Grammarly integration in the Evernote desktop client. For those who want simplicity over functionality, I'm sure notepad would be great place for taking simple notes. If you are using Evernote then you are already head first into doing something more with your notes. I can't comprehend Evernote being in the same vein as stereotypical Notepad note taker. Not ever was this their direction. Full Grammarly integration would ensure a clearer notetaking experience for those interested. 

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, zork said:

I do not get those against the idea of having the option of using Grammarly integration in the Evernote desktop client.

Why do you think there's "those against the idea"
My only concern is the priority for limited development resources
To indicate support for this request, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

As a software engineer myself, how has nobody responded to anything on this thread? Even a "hey, we have it on the roadmap" I think would suffice.

For everyone that needs this support, I have uninstalled my desktop version and just saved Evernote Web App as a Bookmark in Chrome. Grammarly seems to be working fine in the web app.

This would be perfect!!! Currently my process is to write everything in Grammerly and then copy and paste into Evernote (kinda silly since Evernote wants us to use their app for writing and taking notes). 

• Like 1

I have been an Evernote user for years. I use it in my research work. Recently began using it to organize chapters and subchapters in a book project. It would be better if my Grammarly account could lend a hand as I write out drafts of chapters and subchapters so I can more easily transfer to the total manuscript document.

Lets go Evernote either improve your Grammarly equivalent or open the door for Grammarly on the cloud or in the desktop. It would be a big help!!

• Like 1
On 2/14/2019 at 3:36 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting an Evernote integration with Grammarly have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for an Evernote/Grammarly integration here!

This has been reported 3 years ago and i see a lot of positive comments and votes to integrate Grammarly with Evernote. I certainly do not think you pay any attention to user feedback/sentiment. If you cannot do it, you can certainly say so, at least we will know the answer in binary. You cannot drag this with out answer forever!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Is it so hard to say „I would like to get it“ instead of hiding behind „all“ users ?

I am a part of „all“ and I don’t need it „at all“. So sorry, the claim „We all need this“ is wrong.

Thank you.

Well, I don’t think so. Since this bit of the discussion board is particularly for asking the support for Grammarly, this is the place where people who need it post the requests(except you). Therefore, “all” statement is kinda correct.

• Evernote Expert

This thread is 4 years old and in that time just 13 different people have indicated that they would like a Grammarly integration. Hardly an overwhelming vote. Definitely not 'all'. I can't see that being the kind of support that would justify an investment - especially when EN is focused on finishing is v10.x release.

FWIW I don't need it either...

• Like 1

I would like to see this feature.

How extensive is the development for the integration, especially if it already existed at one point in time (e.g. the first 4 y.o. comment)?

Additionally, Grammarly offers a form of accessibility to individuals with dyslexia, dysgraphia, and other learning disabilities. 

Disappointed in EN is how I would feel if the motivation for the lack of integration from EN was due to a overabundance of concern for co-opetition with Grammarly.  

• Level 5

Now we have 2 posts, one telling it works since 10.27 on the Mac, one asking to make it work with EN desktop. The Mac is running EN desktop as well - is this asking for a solution working on Windows ?

Please be specific when describing issues.

Grammarly is not working in Evernote 10.30 on the Mac. It was working when I first installed Grammarly Desktop, then it would intermittently work - Grammarly would make suggestions but Evernote wouldn't allow the changes, now the two don't communicate at all. Thoughts?

• Evernote Expert

Except that it isn't the responsibility of Evernote to fix third party applications. Have you asked Grammarly what action it is taking?

It's 2022, how the heck has this not been done already?  Evernote really has stagnated... as a long time paying customer I'm sick of seeing awesome feature suggestions with lots of votes get totally ignored by Evernote year after year after year.  Does Evernote need new leadership?

• Evernote Expert

This is a five year old thread and raises questions about a third party application. So, on this occasion, not the responsibility of Evernote. So if you have a Grammarly issue I'd suggest raising it with them.

• Level 5

@Exavior You may be long time paying, but I doubt you are a user. Else you would have noticed that the app was completely rewritten and launched on a new code Basis less than 2 years ago. Since then an update released every 2-3 weeks. So much about a lack of activity.

And yes, still no Grammarly integration. I think this issue has a small if outspoken group of promoters like you. There are other integrations that would serve much more users - I hope the devs are focusing on these, like Outlook and iCal.

If you are in dire need to have a program lift your Grammar, use an app that supports this application. Some time in life you need to set priorities.

While Grammarly Desktop worked with Evernote 10 for a short time, Grammarly has this post in their support system.

They say they don't yet support apps built with Electron v11 or earlier and explicitly list Evernote as one of those apps.

• Thanks 2
  • Evernote Expert

Thanks @Dave Green. The list of excluded apps includes a lot of will known applications in addition to Evernote. Given that all Electron apps are on the list will mean that a number of Evernote competitors are also outwith the Grammarly plus they exclude all apps downloaded from the Apple app store.

Quite a big list which Evernote can never influence.

• Level 5

From what I see in the credits and license agreements EN is using Electron license 1.13 - whatever this means.

From the Electron concept it is obvious that it is probably harder to integrate 3rd party content into an app. The framework creates an additional layer that needs to be actively „tunneled“ to make it work. It seems that most Electron apps won’t provide for it.

We see the same when we try scripting, Apple Shortcuts app or similar.