Grammarly within Evernote

Felkyr

Idea

• Level 5

Yes, it seems the fix was on Windows only - which I don't understand, because if the upgraded the underlying framework version, this should happen on both platforms at the same time.

Anyhow, I don't use Grammarly at all - it is English language only.

How can a note-taking app don't have Grammarly integration?

Grammarly won't correct my text when using the Evernote desktop app on macOS. So it forces me to open Evernote on the web to be able to fix it. this should be a priority as Grammarly is an essential tool when writing notes and articles.

• Like 1
On 9/29/2017 at 2:55 PM, Braltz said:

Grammarly does not work in the desktop app, right? I would love this integration, similar to how Grammarly integrates into Microsoft Word. I'll post this as a product idea.

+1000 I downloaded the Windows app presuming it would integrate with EN desktop. If you post a link to your feature request I'll +1 that too.

• Thanks 1
On 6/20/2017 at 4:40 AM, happytree said:

I guess you just need to install the Browser plugin of "Grammarly", the plugin will auto-check. https://app.grammarly.com/apps

I can't use the browser plugin. It just makes everything stall infinitely. I only have two other extensions, neither of which I am willing to remove.

I don't see why an Evernote extension/integration wouldn't work on my computer. I will probably use Word for this purpose, but I would prefer to use Evernote since it will just be text snippets typed on the computer. Word will "force" me to save a file to my computer.

Hello to all, 

I have a huge usage of writing in Evernote, and Today An idea just crash on me. 

I love to write and have been writing at Evernote Application Platform, I would pretty much appreciate and pretty exciting to see the collaboration or even having a grammar function that helps in my grammar writing, in this way, not only I could store all my writing, proposals, ideas, blog posts or any editorial in Evernote, It also helps to curate and guide my grammar along the way. 

Would like to have a Grammer Function! 

• Level 5

Evernote is not a full word processor, and who believes he utterly needs spell and grammar checking capabilities should use something else.

It is perfectly possible to have these documents organized in Evernote. When you have to edit it, open it inside of EN with the source program (like Word or Pages), do your editing, and simply close the document. It will automatically be saved into the note in EN where it came from.

For note taking EN is perfectly working, and for this task permanent checking and correcting is more of a nuisance than a feature. The new editor features like headers and better checklists are far more important than dotting the last „i“ and crossing the last „t“.

This has been open for 2.5 years and I am very surprised there are no updates on this. It seems like a disservice to your users in such a saturated market to not consider this type of integration for the Desktop App or not have an update for your users.

Are there any updates?

please pink elephant, taking good notes and spelling things correctly are boons to productivity. evernotes core goal should be aiding people to be more productive. basically evernote has been playing catchup for years and this is a feature that by now most other productivity based web apps have...also it's an integration and not building something from scratch. if a competitor had courted me with an easy way to transfer all my notes and had things like grammerly integration then i'd jump ship. evernote has just be historically slow at new features.

• Like 3

I must now be the 1,000,000th person to make a comment on this board making it crystal clear that your beloved, loyal, and much-needed Subscribers want Grammarly integration into Evernote.

Grammarly, what's taking you so long? I love you, but you need to grow.

Edited by ArtyFarter
correction of a fact pertianing to my personal subscription level.
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, ArtyFarter said:

I must now be the 1,000,000th person to make a comment on this board ...

54 minutes ago, dgadoury said:

1,000,001 - PLEASE!!

To indicate your support for this request, use the vote button at the top left of the discussion     
Current vote count is 188

• Like 1

I actually just updated my subscription to pro, thinking Grammarly would work, alas, if it doesn't, it's kind of deal breaker for me. I need my work flow to have as little program hopping as problem, or my ADHD will get the best of me. 

I feel if it were going to happen, it probably would have happened, being that these thread requests date back a 1 1/2 years.

Think about this everyday. Grammarly has so many useful tools that I would love to be able to use within Evernote. Including the ability to double click a word and see its definitions along with other options. This is the biggest reason I would want it, that feature currently lives on the Web Extension version of the app.

• Like 1

I am not sure that developers really will implement this feature, even if it takes 1000 votes. 
Because:
1 it difficult to implement and integrate with external js scripts. Or it is difficult to make new partnership
2 they to lazy and have Low performance (Evernote grow very slowly)

Yes please!! Make it a premium-only feature, I'm willing to keep paying just for this feature! Two years subscribed and hoping to continue to support such a great product that I can't live without!

• Like 1

This feature would be a lifesaver and is really the missing piece (at least for me personally) to make Evernote my go-to for all writing. Please make this happen!!

Not that I'll be holding my breath, as it seems this has been on the potential features & pending requests list for years already....

I would LOVE for this to happen soon, too.  It's part of the reason why I'm not using Evernote as much anymore.  It's annoying to have to go back and forth copy-pasting.  This would mae life so much easier since I really love Evernote's interface and folder/tags organizations.  Please please please make this happen!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, RAB7 said:

Please add Grammarly to Evernote! The one feature that will make evernote whole.

Grammarly is a useful product, I've used it in my writing
but how is it "the one feature that will make evernote whole"   
afaik  The integrated evernote editor is "whole"; but additional features would be welcome    
I use it as an editor for notes