JustinP8

Links to Tags, notebooks, stacks, and saved searches

Idea

It would be nice to be able to link to a tag, notebook, stack, and/or saved search within a note. 

I know you can make TOC notes on search results, but if new notes matching the search used are added, they are not automatically included in the TOC note. I think It would be nice to have a note that can guide me to related notebooks, topics, saved searches, or tags if I choose to do so.

I would just expect the link to take me to the list view I linked to.

• Thanks 2

8 replies to this idea

This would help us navigate faster and make more sense of things. It can get really hairy trying to manage a tag tree and use it to organize and find notes.

On 2016-09-30 at 1:57 PM, JustinP8 said:

It would be nice to be able to link to a tag, notebook, stack, and/or saved search within a note. 

As a workaround, I make use of the Shortcuts area

I also use a script on my Mac, documented here

On 10/6/2016 at 11:48 AM, DTLow said:

As a workaround, I make use of the Shortcuts area

I also use a script on my Mac, documented here

Have a link for that documented note? Seems to have been moved or deleted.

I agree 100% with this feature request. I started using ToDoist for my task management. It allows for Evernote links to notes, so I use the Classic note links (evernote:////). However, it's a pain to relink a task each time I complete the previous task. I would LOVE for their to be a Notebook link. That way, i would put the notebook link to evernote in the Project in Todoist, instead of linking to a task. Much easier...

3 hours ago, EricBen said:

I agree 100% with this feature request. I started using ToDoist for my task management. It allows for Evernote links to notes, so I use the Classic note links (evernote:////). However, it's a pain to relink a task each time I complete the previous task. I would LOVE for their to be a Notebook link. That way, i would put the notebook link to evernote in the Project in Todoist, instead of linking to a task. Much easier...

Not sure why you have to relink a task?

9 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not sure why you have to relink a task?

Once I've completed that task, and I move to the 'next actionable step', the original task (that I've completed) gets archived. The link won't carry over to the new task.  In addition, if a note is no longer needed (since the task is complete), there's no way to link that project to the project notebook (each project is a notebook in Evernote).  It would be easier just to have a link to the overall notebook in the Project folder, so I can always go to that notebook when needed.

Okay, so I'm guessing you don't have a one to one relationship between items in ToDoist and EN? 

Anyway, a workaround I once used was to create a note with a tag for the project name.  I put that link in Wunderlist.  I would click the link, the note would open in EN, then I would click on the caret to the right of the tag and have all notes for the project.  Didn't use notebooks however for projects, just tags.  Works with one extra step, pending EN adding links to notebooks and saved searches, which would be great if they did.  Assuming I am understanding what you are trying to accomplish.