Marxico - The Missing Markdown Editor for Evernote

Where is the Marxico Pro information???

Yes, could someone pass along information about Marxico Pro? Would enjoy giving back to this great product. 

http://app.marxi.co/purchase.html

I noticed a little icon in the top right by my username in Marxico. If you click it, it brings you to the above page.

YKyymp1.png

Looks like it will soon become a yearly subscription fee, and if you don't pay after the trail you can no longer add new notes (But can still edit previously created notes).

Yes, I found this problem too. I'll try to solve this.

Hey Gock, not too sure if it's just me but I'm not getting any scroll bars when using Marxico web. Though there does seem to be scroll bars in the Chrome app.

Any way to get scroll bars in the web view?

Next version I'll work on documents management. I'll consider your idea.

The cmd+B problem is a bug of the new editor when you type fast. I'll keep polish the new editor. If you are constantly bothered by this problem, try to change the editor to the deprecated one in `Settings`. 

Love your work, paid for Marxico Pro the second I saw you could... I just have one simple request, if possible.

In the notes list on the left hand pane, I believe it only sorts them in the most recently created/edited ordering. I would love if I could sort them alphabetically, as I use it to type out my University lectures, and like to go back at later times to add/remove/view the notes.

O

Another (small) bug I noticed is that when I am typing fast and quickly hit cmd + B to start some bold text, occasionally the **strong text** will appear 10-15 words before, in the middle of the sentence. Doesn't happen if I wait a second or two before hitting cmd + B.

Thank you all. I've considered it again and decided to adjust the price to $24.99. I'll refund the $5 payment soon.

I went ahead and bought it.

I love the product, and believe Gock deserve compensation.

But I will say this... compared to say, Byword ($6 and syncs one way to evernote)... $30 YEARLY is a bit steep.

Sorry, currently Marxico doesn't work with shared notebook. I'm waiting for the new Evernote SDK to support that.

hey gock,

I have a question - how to work effectively in a shared notebook?

I shared a notebook with my friend, and he can't :

1. open them in maxico (no access when clicking on the note link)

2. add new notes to that notebook

Sorry, `Sync list from Evernote` means to fetch existed Marxico notes from Evernote. The right sync button is besides the `New` button on the top right, with a lightning icon. Or you can just simply press CMD + s.

Hi,

Marxico looks pretty cool.

I am using the Chrome desktop app and trying to sync with Evernote, but it's not working.

Nothing happens, I don't get a list of my notes and I don't get  any errors.

Here's a link to a video that shows what I am doing and what's happening ...

Thanks,

Chris

I'd love to give about 35% off for students, however I'm still trying to figure out how to automate the payment and review process. I'll work on this these days. As for you, I'll concat you via messages.

I love your product, but honestly for a student, $25 is to expensive for a subscription… 

In my opinion this price is great for a definitive price, but for a subscription, $15 / year seems more affordable.

Hi,

I just discovered marxico yesterday when I was looking for better ways of writing development blog post but still having all in evernote. Marxico looks very great so far!

Some things I would like to ask:

1. At the moment marxico does not allow editing in evernote and I understand that syncing changes back is difficult. But are you considering to try such a two way synchronisation? I know I can just copy the content of the note and then edit it, but somehow I dont really like the idea of having content in my evernote that can’t be edited, e.g. when sometime in the future marxico might not be available again.
  2. Also in regards to the first point I would really like to see a dropbox sync. That would allow you to always access your plain markdown files and for example edit them offline on an iPad. It also would allow combining marxico with other applications that offer dropbox sync.
  3. When writing source code directly in marxico the automatic indentation could behave better. Lets say I write something like this:
return {
    test: function () {<cursor>}
}

So my cursor is on the position indicated (because the second curly brace was nicely auto completed). When I now press enter the identation of the second curly brace is correct, but when I now press enter a second time to create a new line between the function head and end the second curly brace will move all to the front so I have to indent it manually again. It is kind of hard to explain but I hope you got what I meant.

Other than that I’m currently very impressed and will try marxico the next days.

derdree: may I ask what platform are you using for your blog?

Actually I'm just starting a blog but have written some articles and drafts before and writing these articles in evernote is not a good experience for me. I want to use jekyll or octopress for my blog, as my homepage is build with it too, and therefore markdown would be perfekt.

Oh and with that I just have another suggestion that would fit perfectly for that need: github sync :-)

Gock, have you been able to investigate this?

Thanks for your advice! It is a little hard to communicate data with desktop application, at least I have no idea now. I'll investigate it.

hi,

very impressive application, but I have some feature requests:
Import from desktop application
export to desktop application
export to evernote as markdown and not as html

Sorry, `Sync list from Evernote` means to fetch existed Marxico notes from Evernote. The right sync button is besides the `New` button on the top right, with a lightning icon. Or you can just simply press CMD + s.

Hi,

I am using the Chrome desktop app and trying to sync with Evernote, but it's not working.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for your reply.  So if I understand correctly, there's is no way to sync all my existing notes into Marxico, and I cannot edit exiting notes that were created with the Evernote UI, not with Marxico. Am I correct?

Hey gock,

for some reason when I open the file list only some of the files list the notebook they're in, in green tag.
I can get them all to show the notebook by manually putting back in the same notebook name to the note

but then on re-login some aren't showing again

Also, do you think you could add the source code (not obfuscated/minimised) to the purchase price? I guess this doesn't make sense if you're constantly updating it but there's a few rough edges I wouldn't mind fixing myself just go have the fix fast.
Again, fantastic work - transcribing my notes to Evernote using Marxico then making Anki notes from there - works great.

Sorry, I just roughly investigated the related information and have been kept an eye on this. I'll work on independent client in the next version. However as I said before, I've no idea how to communicate with Evernote application locally yet.

Gock, have you been able to investigate this?

Thanks for your advice! It is a little hard to communicate data with desktop application, at least I have no idea now. I'll investigate it.

hi,

very impressive application, but I have some feature requests:
Import from desktop application
export to desktop application
export to evernote as markdown and not as html

Yes.

Hi,

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for your reply.  So if I understand correctly, there's is no way to sync all my existing notes into Marxico, and I cannot edit exiting notes that were created with the Evernote UI, not with Marxico. Am I correct?

Thanks. I'll have a look at the problem about notebooks on the files list. 

As for the source code, I never thought about it. I don't think it is a good and easy way. If you encounter any rough edges, welcome to give me feedback.

Hey gock,

for some reason when I open the file list only some of the files list the notebook they're in, in green tag.
I can get them all to show the notebook by manually putting back in the same notebook name to the note

but then on re-login some aren't showing again

Also, do you think you could add the source code (not obfuscated/minimised) to the purchase price? I guess this doesn't make sense if you're constantly updating it but there's a few rough edges I wouldn't mind fixing myself just go have the fix fast.
Again, fantastic work - transcribing my notes to Evernote using Marxico then making Anki notes from there - works great.

Regarding the Latex functions, to what extent is it editable?
If I have this:

$$Cost function: h_\theta(x) = \theta_0 + \theta_1x   \theta_0 = 1.5 \\ \theta_1 = 0 \\ h_\theta(x) = 1.5 + 0x = 1.5  $$

it appears centered, and there is no space between the words 'Cost' and 'function'.

I'm trying to place an SVG to the left of the equations, with proper spacing between words but I don't know how to achieve this. Like so:

http://imgur.com/KRQN95R

Regarding the Latex functions, to what extent is it editable?

If I have this:

$$Cost function: h_\theta(x) = \theta_0 + \theta_1x   \theta_0 = 1.5 \\ \theta_1 = 0 \\ h_\theta(x) = 1.5 + 0x = 1.5  $$
it appears centered, and there is no space between the words 'Cost' and 'function'.

I'm trying to place an SVG to the left of the equations, with proper spacing between words but I don't know how to achieve this. Like so:

http://imgur.com/KRQN95R

You can put "\space" to put spaces between words. I believe this is a LaTeX thing, not a Marxico thing.

So just put "Cost \space Function".

• Like 1

Hello!

Marxico is great!

Yesterday I started to use Marxico, and this morning I get notification, that my trial period is off.

Your site says «Marxico offers a free trial of 10 days. After that, you need to purchase it.»

But I use Marxico only two days.

Could you fix this?

The application looks great. My only concern is the fact that items edited in marxi.co and then exported to Evernote are then only editable in marxi.co, is that correct? If I wanted to stop using Marxi.co at some point in the future, would I be able to edit the notes I created with the program?

By default, Marxico creates notes in readonly to prevent accidentally modification in Evernote. You can change that in Settings.

The original Markdown content is saved in a hidden area of the notes. So without Marxico, you cannot edit it easily. I'll give a tool to export all your Markdown files of Evernote notes created by Marxico. So please don't worry. 

The application looks great. My only concern is the fact that items edited in marxi.co and then exported to Evernote are then only editable in marxi.co, is that correct? If I wanted to stop using Marxi.co at some point in the future, would I be able to edit the notes I created with the program?

Gock, to follow on from "chasely" above: if EN notes created in Marxico are subsequently exported out of EN, are they still editable as markdown notes?

1. it was a bug and has been fixed in the new version released today (1.3.7)

2. spell checking is from Chrome, which I cannot control.

Two things:

1) When I insert a new latex section the display windows jump up to the top before coming back down to where I'm typing

2) Spell checking errors disappear when i stop typing

Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain how we can change the setting to edit Marxico within Evernote? This is the only thing that is keeping me from buying Marxico, as otherwise it's a fantastic application.

By default, Marxico creates notes in readonly to prevent accidentally modification in Evernote. You can change that in Settings.

The original Markdown content is saved in a hidden area of the notes. So without Marxico, you cannot edit it easily. I'll give a tool to export all your Markdown files of Evernote notes created by Marxico. So please don't worry. 

Gock, to follow on from "chasely" above: if EN notes created in Marxico are subsequently exported out of EN, are they still editable as markdown notes?

No, you can only edit notes in Marxico. Even if you unselect the readonly option in Settings(in the right side menu), yes, Marxico notes seem to editable in Evernote, but your modification in Evernote won't be recognized by Marxico when you want to edit it in Marxico again.  

Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain how we can change the setting to edit Marxico within Evernote? This is the only thing that is keeping me from buying Marxico, as otherwise it's a fantastic application.

Hey gock!

Your app is fantastic... Thanks for all your hard work. I am getting close to the end of my trial period and I think I will go for the Pro subscription. However I have a few suggestions that may come in handy for users, who will have a lot of notes created from your app.

It would be nice if the notes in the left sidebar were organised in a tree-style structure, grouped together if in the same notebook (Best would be if the user could expand/hide notebooks' notes)

Another would be to be able to pin the sidebar on the left to make it easier to switch between notes. If you decide to implement this feature I would also suggest to make the sidebar resizeable.

Gock,

Table of contents links to sections of the same note don't seem to work on evernote web app. (specifically the welcome to marixco note)

any idea when links to other notes (hopefully any note not just the ones created in marixco) will be possible? This would complete everything I need evernote to do that marixco has picked up.

This is a really great app, thanks for putting this together.

Yes, TOC isn't working in Evernote because Evernote forbids ID attributes in ENML. Linking to other notes is workable and it will be available in the next big version.

Gock,

Table of contents links to sections of the same note don't seem to work on evernote web app. (specifically the welcome to marixco note)

any idea when links to other notes (hopefully any note not just the ones created in marixco) will be possible? This would complete everything I need evernote to do that marixco has picked up.

This is a really great app, thanks for putting this together.

Thanks for your advice. I'll work on better documents management in the next big version.

Hey gock!

Your app is fantastic... Thanks for all your hard work. I am getting close to the end of my trial period and I think I will go for the Pro subscription. However I have a few suggestions that may come in handy for users, who will have a lot of notes created from your app.

It would be nice if the notes in the left sidebar were organised in a tree-style structure, grouped together if in the same notebook (Best would be if the user could expand/hide notebooks' notes)

Another would be to be able to pin the sidebar on the left to make it easier to switch between notes. If you decide to implement this feature I would also suggest to make the sidebar resizeable.

Hi Gock

Just bough Marxico for a year. I would like to suggest some features.

1) Please implemented Dirac notation (I've added a code block below showing how easily to do it with mathjax), this is critical for Chemists and Physicists.

2) Alt-text for the latex equations would be great (or hidden captions). This would be especially helpful when a document is exported as HTML from Evernote and the equations are embedded a SVG and one wishes to obtain the raw Latex.

3) It would be great if it would be possible to create templates for Marxico. Every day I use the same basic template for my lab book with standard headings and I have to copy and pate them to a new document each day.

TeX: { equationNumbers: { autoNumber: "AMS" },               Macros: {                vec: ['\\boldsymbol\{ #1\}', 1],                ket: ['\\left|#1\\right\\rangle', 1],                bra: ['\\left\\langle #1\\right|', 1],                ketbra: ['\\left|#1\\rangle\\!\\langle #2\\right|', 2],                braket: ['\\left\\langle #1\\middle\\vert #2 \\right\\rangle', 2],               },

Thank you for these three great suggestions. I'll try to add 1 and 2 in the next big version. 3 may be later.   

Hi Gock

Just bough Marxico for a year. I would like to suggest some features.

1) Please implemented Dirac notation (I've added a code block below showing how easily to do it with mathjax), this is critical for Chemists and Physicists.

2) Alt-text for the latex equations would be great (or hidden captions). This would be especially helpful when a document is exported as HTML from Evernote and the equations are embedded a SVG and one wishes to obtain the raw Latex.

3) It would be great if it would be possible to create templates for Marxico. Every day I use the same basic template for my lab book with standard headings and I have to copy and pate them to a new document each day.

TeX: { equationNumbers: { autoNumber: "AMS" },               Macros: {                vec: ['\\boldsymbol\{ #1\}', 1],                ket: ['\\left|#1\\right\\rangle', 1],                bra: ['\\left\\langle #1\\right|', 1],                ketbra: ['\\left|#1\\rangle\\!\\langle #2\\right|', 2],                braket: ['\\left\\langle #1\\middle\\vert #2 \\right\\rangle', 2],               },

Hi Gock, I have a Marxico feature request I hope you will consider.

I'd love to use Marxico to edit notes that already exist in Evernote. This would mean being able to sync existing notes into Marxico, so we could add markdown and save them back to Evernote.

Thanks,

Chris 

Hey Gock,

I think until the next big release you could implement a small feature, that would help people "manage" their documents. It would be good if I could sort the list of documents alphabetically or by time. So if I name my documents in a certan manner, then it is almost like "having" them grouped by notebooks.

Many thanks again

Marxico Pro is linked with one Evernote account for unlimited devices.

Looks good so far. One question, is the $25/year for unlimited computers/devices? I'm under the assumption it's per Evernote account which would be fine but per computer would be a bit rough.

Edit: "so far" => in the half-day I've been using it. That could have been taken wrong. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gock,

Again, great App. I am a happy premium user. I want to second jaydb that folders or some other file management would be a great addition. Probably the one remaining feature that makes me miss stackedit.io

Another idea, would it be possible to add an option to archive all notes? (sometimes I would like to download hard copies of everything. I realize this is possible through evernote, but it would be convenient to have a way to do this through marxi.co).

Thanks again,

JE

Thanks for your advice. I'll work on better documents management in the next big version.

Hey gock!

Hi gock,

Until you introduce the new features in a new big release can you please just add this small improvement for document management. It would be nice to be able to sort the notes alphabetically, so that if I follow a naming convention I can easily find one. This would temporarily help users to organise/categorise their notes until proper document management is introduced.

Thanks,

jaydb

Sorry. I can't promise you that. I have my plans. You can use searching on the left side menu temporally.

Hi gock,

Until you introduce the new features in a new big release can you please just add this small improvement for document management. It would be nice to be able to sort the notes alphabetically, so that if I follow a naming convention I can easily find one. This would temporarily help users to organise/categorise their notes until proper document management is introduced.

Thanks,

jaydb

Hi Gock

Really beautiful app!

And a quick question, I tried the vim editor today, how can i exit from the insert mode, since ESC and Ctrl+[ didn't work.

And how many features of vim does marxico support right now? 

Weird, I just test ESC to quit insert mode and it works well. Please reopen Marxico and try again.

The vim mode of Marxico is from Ace editor. Check out all the features of it. The code is actively maintained, so there is a latency for Marxico to keep up.

Hi Gock

Really beautiful app!

And a quick question, I tried the vim editor today, how can i exit from the insert mode, since ESC and Ctrl+[ didn't work.

ESC and Ctrl+[ don't work inside Chrome as a tab, but Ctrl+C works. And if i run it as a Chrome app, that would be fine

Maybe there are conflict between chrome plugins

Weird, I just test ESC to quit insert mode and it works well. Please reopen Marxico and try again.

The vim mode of Marxico is from Ace editor. Check out all the features of it. The code is actively maintained, so there is a latency for Marxico to keep up.

Hi Gock

Really beautiful app!

• 1 month later...

First of all, 

Marxico is filling a huge need and I hope it can live up to the promise -- please keep up the good work gock.

I hope to see better documentation and support -- I think going beyond this forum thread (and twitter) will get you better feedback as well. I, for one, have plenty of opinions. For example: I hope you'll consider open-sourcing Marxico.

Now:

I have an immediate problem: Marxico is not going past the "loading" screen. I'm using Chrome. 

I've included the console message below, thanks gock.

main_en.js?1428478977334:7

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

main_en.js?1428478977334:1
'Range.detach' is now a no-op, as per DOM (http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-range-detach).
main_en.js?1428478977334:2
local db init

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
lib.js?1428478977334:1
Uncaught Error: Script error for: core

Uncaught Error: Script error for: maxiang

Uncaught Error: Script error for: eventMgr

Uncaught Error: Script error for: publisher

It seems to be a network problem. Please try again, with force refreshing. Which browser are you using? Did you try the latest Chrome?

First of all, 

Marxico is filling a huge need and I hope it can live up to the promise -- please keep up the good work gock.

I hope to see better documentation and support -- I think going beyond this forum thread (and twitter) will get you better feedback as well. I, for one, have plenty of opinions. For example: I hope you'll consider open-sourcing Marxico.

Now:

I have an immediate problem: Marxico is not going past the "loading" screen. I'm using Chrome. 

'Range.detach' is now a no-op, as per DOM (http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-range-detach).
local db init

Perhaps I'm using too new a Chrome?

(I'm using newest Beta - Version 43.0.2357.37 beta-m (64-bit))

I tried "normal reload", "hard reload" and "clear cache and hard reload". Still won't get past loading screen. Console messages are the same.

I use different Chrome persons and they all have the same issue.

I'm trying Firefox now and seems to be working fine there.

It seems to be a network problem. Please try again, with force refreshing. Which browser are you using? Did you try the latest Chrome?

First of all, 

Now:

local db init

Confirmed the problem on Chrome Canary. It seems to be a encoding problem. For now I'm not sure whether it is a bug of the beta version. I'll investigate it.

Perhaps I'm using too new a Chrome?

(I'm using newest Beta - Version 43.0.2357.37 beta-m (64-bit))

I tried "normal reload", "hard reload" and "clear cache and hard reload". Still won't get past loading screen. Console messages are the same.

I use different Chrome persons and they all have the same issue.

I'm trying Firefox now and seems to be working fine there.

First of all, 

Now:

local db init

Sorry about that. It should work well in Chrome and Firefox. What browser did you use?

Whenever I try to add an image via cmd+v it displays it in the window but then disappears. How can I add images from clipboard?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the confusion. You are not doing wrong. Marxico didn't have a proper user system when I first built it for simple. It will be fixed in the next next version.

I love this app. I use it to format my meeting notes in markdown and then share with staff. One issue- every time I open the app, I have to reauthorize with Evernote. Am I doing something wrong? 

Good news on the Won't-load-in-beta-or-canary-Chrome problem: It's fixed.

I already put out there my hopeful suggestion that you'll open source Marxi.co (I'd make a few pull requests myself to fix some of the grammar and spelling in the demo document -- my coding skills are not up to par to do much else right now). I'd still pay a fee to access the service hosted at marxi.co.

However, perhaps before that could happen a more fundamental bug/feature of Marxi.co could be rethought: 

Note: Currently Marxico is unable to detect and merge any

> modifications in Evernote by user. Please go back to Marxico to edit.

It sounds from the "Data Synchronization" section of the demo document like this has benefits in terms of privacy/security. While those issues are paramount, of course, I'm sure there must be ways around it.

Have you seen bordaigorl's plugin for Sublime Text 3? I love using it and I think both projects could borrow ideas from each other -- like being able to edit a note from an Evernote client -- for those times we're not on a desktop browser.

Peace

Thanks!

As you said, the load problem of Chrome is fixed. Because I found that it was not a bug of Chrome beta. It broke on Chrome 43 as well. Something in Chrome has changed when dealing with resources containing unicode characters. So I modified my code a little. 

I knew there were ways to convert HTML to Markdown. I didn't bring it in because it was not 100% reliable, 80% most to me. There would be some losses and misunderstandings in this process. And a diff-and-merge mechanism would be brought in. Anyway, it was not promising and too complicated for me.

However after the next version of supporting shared and business notes,  I'd like to have a try on it. Because I realize it is the last barrier between Marxico and Evernote. If Marxico can read modifications on Evernote, there would be no necessity for me to build mobile apps. Because at that time, you can modify it directly on Evernote apps.  

And if you can send me your fixes about the demo documents on grammar and spelling, it would be great. :) 

Good news on the Won't-load-in-beta-or-canary-Chrome problem: It's fixed.

I already put out there my hopeful suggestion that you'll open source Marxi.co (I'd make a few pull requests myself to fix some of the grammar and spelling in the demo document -- my coding skills are not up to par to do much else right now). I'd still pay a fee to access the service hosted at marxi.co.

However, perhaps before that could happen a more fundamental bug/feature of Marxi.co could be rethought: 

Note: Currently Marxico is unable to detect and merge any

> modifications in Evernote by user. Please go back to Marxico to edit.

It sounds from the "Data Synchronization" section of the demo document like this has benefits in terms of privacy/security. While those issues are paramount, of course, I'm sure there must be ways around it.

Have you seen bordaigorl's plugin for Sublime Text 3? I love using it and I think both projects could borrow ideas from each other -- like being able to edit a note from an Evernote client -- for those times we're not on a desktop browser.

Peace

• 1 month later...

Gock, you've created a wonderful tool in Marxico. I'm a convert from notational velocity and I find being able to see the markup as I type has improved the quality of my documentation significantly.

I've a small issue: Marxico seems to have a difficulty finding my notebooks: in the left-hand list pane I can't see any of the notebooks in a separate stack created post marxico integration. Marxico doesn't appear to be aware of stacks at all. Is this something you are aware of?

Thank-you for your hard work.

Tim.

Gock, you've created a wonderful tool in Marxico. I'm a convert from notational velocity and I find being able to see the markup as I type has improved the quality of my documentation significantly.

I've a small issue: Marxico seems to have a difficulty finding my notebooks: in the left-hand list pane I can't see any of the notebooks in a separate stack created post marxico integration. Marxico doesn't appear to be aware of stacks at all. Is this something you are aware of?

Thank-you for your hard work.

Tim.

The left side menu only shows notebooks containing notes created by Marxico, not all your notebooks.

Thanks for your post.

I've worked out what the problem was: the files I wanted to see in archive folders were in the top four open files slots. Once I'd created some more notes and pushed them out of the list, the archives appeared. This behaviour feels a little odd, but at least I understand it now.

Does Marxico have any awareness of Evernote's stacks? If not, is that going to be appearing in a future update? 

Thanks for your post.

I've worked out what the problem was: the files I wanted to see in archive folders were in the top four open files slots. Once I'd created some more notes and pushed them out of the list, the archives appeared. This behaviour feels a little odd, but at least I understand it now.

Does Marxico have any awareness of Evernote's stacks? If not, is that going to be appearing in a future update? 

Maybe. I'll think about it.

• 4 weeks later...

The markdown text is stored in a hidden area of your note, below what you actually see. To see it, you need to know a little about Web developing. You can log in Evernote web via Chrome, open a note created from Marxico, then inspect the document elements by DevTools. You will see a <center> element with your encoded markdown content. Just executing `unescape(...)` in console  would decode it. This lecture would help you know the basic of Devtools. Here is my screeenshot.

The whole steps is actually quite easy for someone knowing about programming. Marxico has many users like that, and they are convinced, so please don't worry. I will provide a tool to extract the markdown content in the future to dispel your and others' concern.

Linking other notes would be awesome, and I'm planning to add it in the next next version. :)

tempmarkdown.png

Hi gock, this is an amazing app. It really transforms evernote from a "place to hold stuff" into a place for content creation. Thank you.  I will happily pay for it once it gets to that point.

Two thoughts:

(1) Where is the Markdown stored? I only see the html in evernote, but I want to make sure I have a future-proof way of getting back to the underlying source (specifically the latex for me). Is there / could there be some way to access the source code without marxico? If I am going to move more of my content creation into evernote through marxico, this is an unfortunate necessity for me.

(2) It would be awesome if there was a feature to reference other notes from Marxico.  For example, sometimes I want to provide a link to pdf I have uploaded as a separate note. Any chance that might be possible in the future?

EDIT: An earlier post says that the markdown is hidden inside the note but I cannot seem to figure out how to view it from the website or Nixnote (linux client for evernote). Is there a chance its only accessible on the windows or mac client? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Again, I love the app and am really impressed with how many features are already included. Thanks.

Hi Gock 

I would like to know what is the status of the export feature .. For me it's important to be be able to export all the stored markdown code as separated .md files in the case of browser internal failure or sync issues ..

Are you still working on it ? And is marxico still in dev ? 

anyway marxico is undoubtedly a good 3d party app .. 

Hi Gock,

I'm experiencing something weird in marxico. When I write a flow chart like the following one, sometimes marxico puts it on the center of the page. In this case, the synced note in evernote displays fine. But sometimes marxico puts the flow chart on the left side of the page, and in this case, the synced note in evernote displays a really large flow chart which doesn't really fit into the note. And it seems I couldn't control where to put my flow charts. Any ideas why this happens? Thanks!

This is the flow chart I wrote:

``` flow

st1=>start: Data

op1=>operation: Rule Extraction

e=>end: Gold Rule Table

st1->op1->e

```

Best,

Yuchen

The markdown text is stored in a hidden area of your note, below what you actually see. To see it, you need to know a little about Web developing. You can log in Evernote web via Chrome, open a note created from Marxico, then inspect the document elements by DevTools. You will see a <center> element with your encoded markdown content. Just executing `unescape(...)` in console  would decode it. This lecture would help you know the basic of Devtools. Here is my screeenshot.

The whole steps is actually quite easy for someone knowing about programming. Marxico has many users like that, and they are convinced, so please don't worry. I will provide a tool to extract the markdown content in the future to dispel your and others' concern.

Linking other notes would be awesome, and I'm planning to add it in the next next version. :)

tempmarkdown.png

Hi gock, this is an amazing app. It really transforms evernote from a "place to hold stuff" into a place for content creation. Thank you.  I will happily pay for it once it gets to that point.

Two thoughts:

(1) Where is the Markdown stored? I only see the html in evernote, but I want to make sure I have a future-proof way of getting back to the underlying source (specifically the latex for me). Is there / could there be some way to access the source code without marxico? If I am going to move more of my content creation into evernote through marxico, this is an unfortunate necessity for me.

(2) It would be awesome if there was a feature to reference other notes from Marxico.  For example, sometimes I want to provide a link to pdf I have uploaded as a separate note. Any chance that might be possible in the future?

EDIT: An earlier post says that the markdown is hidden inside the note but I cannot seem to figure out how to view it from the website or Nixnote (linux client for evernote). Is there a chance its only accessible on the windows or mac client? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Again, I love the app and am really impressed with how many features are already included. Thanks.

Hi Gock 

I would like to know what is the status of the export feature .. For me it's important to be be able to export all the stored markdown code as separated .md files in the case of browser internal failure or sync issues ..

Of course Marxico is still in dev.

I'm implementing new text editor and whole new data structure of Marxico, which will enable you to separate the source md with exported HTML, and support directly modifying in Evernote. It is a huge work. So please be patient.

Hi Gock,

I'm experiencing something weird in marxico. When I write a flow chart like the following one, sometimes marxico puts it on the center of the page. In this case, the synced note in evernote displays fine. But sometimes marxico puts the flow chart on the left side of the page, and in this case, the synced note in evernote displays a really large flow chart which doesn't really fit into the note. And it seems I couldn't control where to put my flow charts. Any ideas why this happens? Thanks!

This is the flow chart I wrote:

``` flow

st1=>start: Data

op1=>operation: Rule Extraction

e=>end: Gold Rule Table

st1->op1->e

```

Best,

Yuchen

Hi, thanks for your report! Confirmed as a bug and I'll fix it soon.

I'm implementing new text editor and whole new data structure of Marxico, which will enable you to separate the source md with exported HTML, and support directly modifying in Evernote. It is a huge work. So please be patient.

Great .. good work and I stay tuned .. 

I tried Marxico. It's quite good if you use it as your only note-editing platform. It's more like a note-taking program that uses Evernote for storage.

But it runs into problems if you want to edit your notes across multiple platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

When will note to note links be coming? I thought this would be in the next version.

Sorry, maybe a little later. About the implementation, can you describe how you gonna use it?

I want to be able to link to other notes that are related (kinda like a wiki) or the next step in a process that deserves its own note as well as making Table of Contents note for notebooks that links to and adds structure to a notebook.

Evernote has this only for the desktop clients, I don't use either Windows or Mac and I would like to be able to do this on a browser anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I found out about Marxi.co when i was looking for a markdown editor for chromebook. It's great--and now that there's a standalone Mac app I use it there too.

One question: I'm not sure if in-line latex was introduced recently, but I realized that I have to escape dollar signs otherwise they are interpreted as in-line markdown. For example if I write "$100 to $200" the "00 to " bit is interpreted as latex. I can get around that by escaping ("\$100 to \$200") but I'm not sure if that is standard markdown and if not, how that will work if a copy my markdown to another markdown editor. Any thoughts?

imckey

Inline latex using $..$ is not standard Markdown. But it is widely adopted. I think I'll add an option to disable inline latex so you can type $ directly.

Hello

I found out about Marxi.co when i was looking for a markdown editor for chromebook. It's great--and now that there's a standalone Mac app I use it there too.

One question: I'm not sure if in-line latex was introduced recently, but I realized that I have to escape dollar signs otherwise they are interpreted as in-line markdown. For example if I write "$100 to $200" the "00 to " bit is interpreted as latex. I can get around that by escaping ("\$100 to \$200") but I'm not sure if that is standard markdown and if not, how that will work if a copy my markdown to another markdown editor. Any thoughts?

imckey

• 3 weeks later...

Can I make a request to have the Export to HTML export the images as files instead of inline? I use Marxico to write a doc, then export the html and paste the html into the zendesk help center. It all works great, except I have to dig out the images from the markdown export zip. It works, but it takes a little more time. 

Maybe make it an option to have the files inline or as separate files in case there are others who like the inline images. 

Thanks! Great stuff. 

Hey,

I just found marxico and it's really helped with my note taking, particularly math. That said, I have two comments/requests.

First, the desktop version of marxico seems to break my spellchecker. I can see the red squiggle showing I've spelled something wrong, but the context menu seems to be limited to cut, copy, paste, delete, and select all, so I can't actually see any of the suggestions.

Second, would it be possible to allow for arbitrary choices on the charts. For example, instead of having

```flowst=>start: Begine=>endop=>operation: Do thingscond=>condition: Choices!|approvedst->op->condcond(yes)->econd(no)->op```

you could have

```flowst=>start: Begine=>endop=>operation: Do thingscond=>condition: Choices!|approvedst->op->condcond(Red)->econd(Blue)->op```

or even

```flowst=>start: Begine=>endop=>operation: Do thingsop2=>operation: Do other thingscond=>condition: Choices!|approvedst->op->condcond(forward)->econd(right)->opcond(left)->op2->e```

The ability to color code things would also be nice, but less necessary. This change would be really helpful for things like game design where you might want to chart how different scenes or frames connect to each other.

Thank you for your efforts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Gock,

I love Marxico but I don't really understand why we have to pay each year. I'm only using the desktop version of marxico and I would be glad to pay 15-20$ one time. But each year is excessive. Notably because the backend part is assumed by another company (evernote) and is also a paid subscription. Just say'in. 

Hi Gock 

any update for the near future ? waiting for the export feature you promised once. The mac Chrome client is not really spell checking during write whereas in the browser it works good. Any user Forum or Support in view ? 

Sorry for that. Sometimes I need to do some tradeoff. You still need export md attachment to modify when offline? What if you can modify notes in Marxico when offline?

I know the spellcheck on client sucks. However there's little I can do because of some mechanism. Anyway, I'll keep trying.

• Like 1

Hey,

I just found marxico and it's really helped with my note taking, particularly math. That said, I have two comments/requests.

First, the desktop version of marxico seems to break my spellchecker. I can see the red squiggle showing I've spelled something wrong, but the context menu seems to be limited to cut, copy, paste, delete, and select all, so I can't actually see any of the suggestions.

Second, would it be possible to allow for arbitrary choices on the charts. For example, instead of having

```flowst=>start: Begine=>endop=>operation: Do thingscond=>condition: Choices!|approvedst->op->condcond(yes)->econd(no)->op```

you could have

```flowst=>start: Begine=>endop=>operation: Do thingscond=>condition: Choices!|approvedst->op->condcond(Red)->econd(Blue)->op```

or even

```flowst=>start: Begine=>endop=>operation: Do thingsop2=>operation: Do other thingscond=>condition: Choices!|approvedst->op->condcond(forward)->econd(right)->opcond(left)->op2->e```

The ability to color code things would also be nice, but less necessary. This change would be really helpful for things like game design where you might want to chart how different scenes or frames connect to each other.

Thank you for your efforts.

Sorry for the late response. 

1. I know the spellcheck on client sucks. However there's little I can do because of some mechanism. Anyway, I'll keep trying.

2. I'm using a third part library for the flow chart. I'll see whether I can hack it. 

tempmarkdown.png

Two thoughts:

Hi Gock 

Hi Gock 

any update for the near future ? waiting for the export feature you promised once. The mac Chrome client is not really spell checking during write whereas in the browser it works good. Any user Forum or Support in view ? 

Sorry for that. Sometimes I need to do some tradeoff. You still need export md attachment to modify when offline? What if you can modify notes in Marxico when offline?

I know the spellcheck on client sucks. However there's little I can do because of some mechanism. Anyway, I'll keep trying.

I need a way to backup the notes as Markdown file (.md) with attachments locally just in the case . Editing the notes when offline is also a wanted feature since I'm not always connected to the net.  Furthermore I would like to know if you're still developing the product since it's great and I'm using it daily but there was no update since some months or did I miss some ? 

Any news about this new editor and the new data structure ? 

tempmarkdown.png

Two thoughts:

Hi Gock 

Hi Gock 

I need a way to backup the notes as Markdown file (.md) with attachments locally just in the case . Editing the notes when offline is also a wanted feature since I'm not always connected to the net.  Furthermore I would like to know if you're still developing the product since it's great and I'm using it daily but there was no update since some months or did I miss some ? 

Any news about this new editor and the new data structure ? 

If you want a feature to export a note as .md file with attachments, there's already one in the right side menu. Though it can only process one note per time.

Of course I'm still developing Marxico. The last two months I was mainly focusing on the whole new version, which will host content itself and sync to multi services more than Evernote. For Evernote part, you will be able to directly write and modify Markdown source in Evernote. However it is a long way to go.

Meanwhile I'll keep the current one better. There will be a new version soon includes features like offline editing, code block line number and bugs fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like Marxico. I use it in my workflow as the primary input point to Evernote for most of my meeting notes, largely because of its markdown support. However, sometimes I'd really like to edit my note in Evernote without being redirected back to Marxico. I used to be able to do that and now I can't. The note is read only in Evernote and I can only edit it by clicking on the red bookmark icon which puts me back in Marxico.

Am I missing something?

I really like Marxico. I use it in my workflow as the primary input point to Evernote for most of my meeting notes, largely because of its markdown support. However, sometimes I'd really like to edit my note in Evernote without being redirected back to Marxico. I used to be able to do that and now I can't. The note is read only in Evernote and I can only edit it by clicking on the red bookmark icon which puts me back in Marxico.

Am I missing something?

Mannycastaneda, please read the post immediately preceding yours for full details: gock (Marxico's developer) mentioned he's working on that for the next version of Marxico:

For Evernote part, you will be able to directly write and modify Markdown source in Evernote. However it is a long way to go.

mickey

Am I missing something?

You can disable readonly in the 'Settings'. However Marxico can't read back your modifications. So it's only for temporary fix. Existing notes need to be synced again to be writeable.

• 2 months later...

It looks powerful and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if only it had a single price tag.

Sadly though it's a 10-day trial followed by an annual subscription payment... for a text editor!

Subscription models might be acceptable for things that have ongoing costs like cloud storage, etc but annual payments to continue running a program? I cannot support that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gock,

I really appreciate Marxico as the only software able to effectively integrate Markdown into Evernote.

I would like to ask you if there is any support for multi-column text: I've been trying to add some DIV tag within the text, using some custom CSS rules, but with no success. I've been experimenting with a custom class including the CSS3 attributes -webkit-column-count, -moz-column-count, column-count, ..., but I'm not able to understand how the start and end DIV tags are actually added to the text.

May you spread some light on this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Carlo

On 2016/2/28 at 0:35 AM, CarloG said:

Hello Gock,

I really appreciate Marxico as the only software able to effectively integrate Markdown into Evernote.

I would like to ask you if there is any support for multi-column text: I've been trying to add some DIV tag within the text, using some custom CSS rules, but with no success. I've been experimenting with a custom class including the CSS3 attributes -webkit-column-count, -moz-column-count, column-count, ..., but I'm not able to understand how the start and end DIV tags are actually added to the text.

May you spread some light on this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Carlo

Try <div style='-webkit-column-count:2;width:100px'>test1 test2 test3 test4</div>

6 minutes ago, gock said:

Try <div style='-webkit-column-count:2;width:100px'>test1 test2 test3 test4</div>

Thanks a lot for your qucik reply, Gock.

That is interesting, but unfortunately the DIV is broken by any heading put in the middle. Furthermore I can't find a way to decide which text to put in each column.

The following is what I would like to obtain:

###Left title                     ###Right title
Lorem ipsum dolor         Nunc nec porta turpis.
sit amet, consectetur      Morbi a mi sed lorem
adipiscing elit. Sed         vestibulum laoreet
sodales odio tortor, id     quis ac sem.
rutrum ante mattis id.     Quisque suscipit

My first use case would be the translation of a text in two languages.

Thanks for your support.

Carlo