Jump to content

George P. Burdell

Level 2
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About George P. Burdell

  1. Looks good so far. One question, is the $25/year for unlimited computers/devices? I'm under the assumption it's per Evernote account which would be fine but per computer would be a bit rough. Edit: "so far" => in the half-day I've been using it. That could have been taken wrong. :-)
  2. Since I upgraded (a few days ago) my limit shows as 4GB.
  3. Interesting, I tried running "Fix All Notes" in the debug menu and the OCR indexes appear to get repaired. So it's a work-around anyway, better than deleting and re-downloading the database constantly. I do not have "Fix all notes" in my debug menu. Also running 5.6.4.4632. I have other options but not fix all notes. Running debug by "evernote /debugmenu" from the start menu. Hold down "Ctrl" and click "Help"
  4. Interesting, I tried running "Fix All Notes" in the debug menu and the OCR indexes appear to get repaired. So it's a work-around anyway, better than deleting and re-downloading the database constantly.
  5. I have confirmed that with the latest version 5.6.4.4632 and as a Premium user this is still a problem. After installing 5.6.4.4632 searching for text inside images returns fewer and fewer notes as time goes on. Come on guys this syncing is CORE functionality and based on comments on these forums EN has known about this particular problem and been able to reproduce it since April!
  6. Just upgraded to Premium today, you can search inside images (not PDF's) with the free version but recent versions of the Windows client have a problem where the OCR index seems to get corrupted. I'm running an older version of the Windows client to avoid this problem. But the OCR worked just fine (with that version, web or iOS) with the free version of Evernote. Chris
  7. The only permanent fix I have is to run 4.6.7 as detailed here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/58846-cant-search-ocr-in-en-for-windows/ It's frustrating since according to comments EN has been able to reproduce since April.
  8. https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/58846-cant-search-ocr-in-en-for-windows/ It's a known problem and one (I hope) they're working on. The only work-around I have found to work is to run 4.6.7.
  9. Would you be able to try following the steps outlined in the following thread discussion link and seeing if it helps?: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/60827-evernote-for-windows-541-beta-2/?p=282382 I tried upgrading to the latest pre-release version, at the suggestion of the tech support person who has been handling my ticket. That didn't work. What did work was the solution that Hesadanza mentioned upthread: downgrading to 4.6.7, then upgrading to pre-release version 5.4.1.3741. I don't know why that pre-release version works, but it seems to. This does make me reluctant to upgrade to later versions until I'm sure that Evernote has found and corrected the bug. Same problem here. The 4.6.7 version appears to work upgrading to 5.4.1.3741 or current versions (including 5.6.3.272531 beta version) cause the problem to re-appear. It's unfortunate because I was rather getting into putting everything into Evernote and ready to upgrade to Premium but have put those plans on hold for now especially since this appears to have been going on for quite some time. Web version and iOS version do not seem to have the problem only Windows version. Unfortunately using the web version for work isn't nearly as useful as the Windows native version.
×
×
  • Create New...