Idea

this is a user feedback. Hope you guys make Night mode function in evernote web. It's too bright in some of the place. I'm not feeling well with my eyes if spend too long on it. thanks.

• Like 1

I am also need dark theme, and I think few millions of users too. You can think about this as about accessibility.

• Like 2

totally agree!

It is too bright, which is bad for reading experience.

Well, it does not have to be a night mode, but please provide some dark color themes at least.

• Like 1

We really need this. I work with Evernote at least 3 hours a day and I hate to decrease the bright when I'm on indoors environment. Grey would be really awesome.

+1

• Like 1

New update today makes a little move in this direction: Nice dark grey sidebar. Grateful for the small changes.

Barbara

Weird, either that new feature is only for the Mac version, or I'm not seeing where I can configure the sidebar.

May be Mac only; I'm not sure. You can configure the sidebar under View --> Sidebar options.

Barbara

May be Mac only; I'm not sure. You can configure the sidebar under View --> Sidebar options.

Barbara

Macs only, apparently nothing for the sidebar for Windows. I have nothing against people who use Macs :) , but it should not be the majority of EN users.

I agree.

Why has the app been de-colorized  :o and all white and very light greys.  I think it's UGLY, just like Office 2013 which perhaps their trying to imitate. Fortunately the Android App hasn't been messed up like this (yet).

I can't use Office 2013 either for the same reason - and now EVernote has taken away the ability to colorize background of notes. It's really hard on the eyes of some of us. And here's the reason - people who are far-sighted have magnification in their lenses. THe more far-sighted, the more magnification. As you know, a magnifying glass can be used to burn ants by finding the focal point using the sun's rays. Our greater magnification means more and more light (brightness, intensity) is hitting our eyes. Hence, the pain and stress when software products go all white.

PLEASE PLEASE, Evernote, give us back the ability to colorize the backgroumd in ENML.

Helix Fairweather

I second this request. This would provide way better user experience.

Did someone from Evernote actually respond to that? I didn't have the determination to read the entire thread, but I suppose there are some users watching it who already know...

Are there any serious alternatives to Evernote (for Windows) which offer "night mode" theme?

• Like 2

Tech Support send me a link to download the previous version. I did and my colored notes came back. I'm happy with that for now.

Helix Fairweather

• Like 1

Dimming the screen is easy in whatever system.

And while f.lux is good stuff, dimming the whole screen just because of Evernote is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

No issues in other apps, and Evernote seems to be adding marginally use features instead of this one that a lot of people want.

Dimming the screen is easy in whatever system.

And while f.lux is good stuff, dimming the whole screen just because of Evernote is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

No issues in other apps, and Evernote seems to be adding marginally use features instead of this one that a lot of people want.

What morphine said. I have a color and brightness calibrated monitor, and EN is the only one that gives me this problem. It makes no sense to darken EVERYTHING just to make one application more pleasant to use.

I have a very hard time believing you have no issues with other apps and only have this problem with Evernote... This forum is brighter than the Evernote app, as well as the plethora of full-white websites (Feedly, Medium, Google Drive, etc.)

Feedly has dark theme on a mobile.

Google Drive isn't a service one would be likely to use for prolonged periods of time.

I don't use Medium, perhaps there are dark theme requests on their user forum too, for all I know.

Assuming that one is missing a ngiht theme in other apps, does it somehow invalidate such a request for Evernote?

I'm a software dev, and IDEs - code editors - typically do offer a dark theme, because that's the type of software you are using for hours straight, and eye strain is likely to kick in.

IntelliJ Idea, Microsoft Visual Studio (the latter by default) etc.

Helix and Tech Support Team,

Is this older version, data compatible with the latest one ?

OS X native ?

Can you guys post the link to this older version here in the forum.  It would be much appreciated.

Best,

Hi,

like I posted earlier in this thread, I re-installed an oldest version, 5.5.1

and it works fine on Yosemite

I've found it here : http://filehippo.com/fr/mac/download_evernote_for_mac/57609/

Carosch

Hi Carosch

Could you post a screenshot of the updated preference screen and the resulting evernote notebooks in dark mode ?

I am curious. I couldn't manage to get mine even after installing this version.

Best,

Miguel. 

Hi,

like I posted earlier in this thread, I re-installed an oldest version, 5.5.1

and it works fine on Yosemite

I've found it here : http://filehippo.com/fr/mac/download_evernote_for_mac/57609/

Carosch

Hi Carosch

Could you post a screenshot of the updated preference screen and the resulting evernote notebooks in dark mode ?

I am curious. I couldn't manage to get mine even after installing this version.

Best,

Miguel. 

Hi Miguel,

Here it is :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2291254/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-09-21%20%C3%A0%2007.14.01.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2291254/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-09-21%20%C3%A0%2007.14.38.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2291254/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-09-21%20%C3%A0%2007.15.35.png

Carosch

I simply cannot comprehend why there has been no response from the Evernote development team to this issue.  I adore Evernote. It has been a boon to my songwriting, etc.  BUt so much of that writing takes place at night, in darkened spaces, and I am left with a purplish rectangle in my field of view as I try to move about the house.

I am not especially knowledgeable on these matters, but I fail to see how it could be that difficulat a proposition to give the ooption of a dark screen on my Android phone.   Seriously, what is the Big Impediment here?

• Like 4

Hi,

The only reason I am using MS Word at night is that it has dark theme, with Concave Theme in Windows even page is dark. I switched to dark background, because at night white background hurts my eyes.\

+1

Hello Pandya,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums!

Having a dark UI layout would be cool. I will pass this along to the team.

• Like 7

- Although to be fair,  the latest versions of Android have addressed battery usage... but a dark theme is a good idea anyway!

• Like 3

And implementing optional dark theme is not hard, I do not understand why Evernote ignore this :(

• Like 1

Is there a darker UI/Theme for Evernote on Windows ?

Loving the 3 colours option on iOS, but the bright white on windows kind of cracks my eyes in half, especially in the night.

This is why I think iBooks has an advantage (Probably all eBook apps as well). iBooks can change it to things like sepia and night, which I think should be added into evernote as well. Aside from being easier on the eyes, it would be easier on the batteries of devices with OLED displays. I use evernote on my school laptop, which guzzles amps, and I try to keep everything dark. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the background.  It will help if you can click the counter on the top left of this page - the more clicks,  the more credibility this request has...

• Like 2

This is especially useful for insomniac writers like me who have a tendency to be using evernote late at night :/ The all white look is nice and all but being able to tone the over vibrancy down would be super helpful. F.lux can only do so much x3  

• Like 1

Come on now, Evernote team. How hard would this be to implement? Shouldn't be too hard. Seems like Evernote thinks they know what's better for us than we do. How about this.. Charge us $1 for the dark theme. You'd make a fortune. 

• Like 1

+1 for Dark Themes

Evernote, please looking at Alternote app which is alternate Evernote client. They have dark theme support and that is how they attract a lot of Evernote users' attention. Come on, this feature has been requested for a couple of year and it seems to me you don't even mind looking into it.

• Like 1

This thread started October 2013 and has been kept alive by many users.  One might think that the Evernote team might listen to users, but obviously this is not the case.  Although we finally did get re-sizing of graphics, for which I had advocated.

Seems like 2.3 years of discussion might be enough to include this in a future release.

• Like 1

Well, the Evernote team seems to be interesting in pushing everything that's accessory to a note-taking program -_-

Web clippings! Kitchen sink! Razor blades!.... but no dark theme.

They asked me to do a survey yesterday and you may guess what I had to say in every text box.

So, hopefully someone with a working brain will read that and get somebody's attention over here to finally acknowledge us.!!!

Fingers crossed.

We just have to keep letting them know just how important this is to us.

On 9/3/2015 at 4:27 PM, helix137 said:

I can't use Office 2013 either for the same reason - and now EVernote has taken away the ability to colorize background of notes. It's really hard on the eyes of some of us. And here's the reason - people who are far-sighted have magnification in their lenses. THe more far-sighted, the more magnification. As you know, a magnifying glass can be used to burn ants by finding the focal point using the sun's rays. Our greater magnification means more and more light (brightness, intensity) is hitting our eyes. Hence, the pain and stress when software products go all white.

PLEASE PLEASE, Evernote, give us back the ability to colorize the backgroumd in ENML.

Helix Fairweather

If you are using Microsoft Word in a WINDOWS environment, you can use the magnifier in System Tools to invert colors. White becomes black, for example. You may have to fiddle with the Magnifier options to get it right. I also adjust the zoom to 100%. While outside of writing programs it can be strange, inside word it works perfectly.

I do all of my final writings this way. Using Evernote less and less as a result.

NOTE ADDED: I add it to the quick menu on the task bar so I can get to it easily.

On 10/31/2013 at 7:16 AM, TechBarber said:

Whenever there is an option to go "dark", I turn it off. Reader apps, stock apps etc...doesn't matter. 

Black backgrounds make my eyes go wonky  :wacko:

Not trying to start a flame war - just wondering what the perceived advantages of going dark are? 

I mean, paper is white. Can you imagine if the world used black paper with white pen? Ewe

Paper is not backlit. Staring into a light all day is unhealthy for the eyes, but there are more reasons than that. Millions of people have migraine issues. The leading cause of migraine pain is glare...so any light source can lead to it. By having a black screen with white text, the glare is greatly reduced, allowing us to write for longer periods.

As an author, I spend many, many hours using a screen. 8-16 hours per day. 6-7 days per week (I'm a hard worker).

The one size text is an issue as well, but would be tolerable if we could invert the screen.

Android 5 allows full inversion now, so that's a plus, but bulky to invert everything thru system settings on the android.

18 minutes ago, Pete_D said:

Staring into a light all day is unhealthy for the eyes, but there are more reasons than that. Millions of people have migraine issues. The leading cause of migraine pain is glare...so any light source can lead to it.

Thanks for sharing that.  I hadn't thought of health aspects, but I do like colour backgrounds in my notes.  

My method is, on the desktop (Mac), create a table.  It can be one row, one column although multiple columns add formatting options.  Using tables give colour options for the background.

Thanks to Pandya. Question about configuring anf hacking Evernote for a dark theme has been around for long on the net. Now it is formally formulated. Hope that this will come soon.

• Like 2

Evernote recently has dropped the ball with UI.

i highly recommend an app called Alternote. Has amazing & clean UI. It's only available on Mac until spring 16.

also, 

It's not a replacement to EN but makes your content look a lot better. Having different fonts, night mode and distraction free writing which are my top fav features. 

• Like 1

@OMNIZEN, recently?

You can't always get what you want

No, you can't always get what you want

No, you can't always get what you want

But if you try sometime, you just might find

You get what you need

• Like 2

+1 for dark theme... this is not a paper. We (or at least I) don't want black sad high-contrast theme, just some color like #272822 which is dark yellowish gray. Why company which needs customers to see an information in the app creates the app which makes them partially blind? Thinking about uninstall...

I'm happy that some software authors already understood and let users change eye-bleeding white. And some softwares has already moved this dark to default theme. Such as Photoshop, Sublime Text, ...

+1 I get headaches when I spend a lot of time using my iPhone app, I like the dark home theme. I'd love to view all notes this way with a toggle switch.

The iPhone has a dark setting.  Go to Options (Gear in the upper left of the home screen) - Customize Home Screen - and select the option.

• Like 1

Just an update...

...the people who claim most are not requesting a "black theme" are not entirely correct. Those of us who get migraines want things as dark as possible. Google Play Book reader has a nighttime option now that has black background with an orange-like text. It's called night mode I think. It is perfect.

Really, eReader options are exactly what Evernote needs. Think about it. eReaders have to option of white, cream, green or black backgrounds. They let you change the size of text too...which would help with strain.

And let's not mistake things...its the apps that need this the most. On my laptop, I can make adjustments if I must. On tablets, not so much.

Someone a few pages back said that Word 2013 does not allow us to change themes...this is not true at all. That person just doesn't fully understand how to use Microsoft Word. You have theme options, AND you have the ability to change the displayed page color in Word (I have done it).

Because Evernote has ignore this, I rarely use the app anymore. Microsoft Word is now available for Android, so I have been using that and Google Docs.

I'm an author, so I spend a LOT of time using my tablets and laptop to write. I once swore by Evernote. Now...I have no reason to. They dropped the ball.

• Like 2

You bring up some good points. Here's a quick recap:

First, the original request was for a dark theme because the default (and only) theme had become too bright. Over the course of the updates, it had evolved to be essentially "white on white" which was two bright for many people and did not have enough contrast between regions. Unfortunately, creating different themes to pick would require some actual development effort by EN.

Much of the discussion then moved toward simply asking EN to tone down the default theme. That's when I jumped in. Simply making some style changes should be easy and would fix the problem for a lot of users. Since then there HAVE been several small incremental changes in the theme. The navigation bar on the left is noticeably darker than the editing panel, which is more than could be said six months ago. So from my point of view, that mission is accomplished.

Then the conversation swung back to the original request to ADD ADDITIONAL THEMES (or at least one additional dark theme). Again, that would require a development effort on the part of EN beyond just a bit of styling. So we've come full circle, back to the original request.

I personally have no need for another theme, but I recognize other people's need for it, so I want to join in on the voices that are requesting that.

Comments that talk about workarounds outside of the app are not helpful. This topic is not about ways to mod your OS or hack the way your browser works. This topic is a FEATURE REQUEST. 

• Like 4

I am EXTREMELY grateful for all the suggestions for work-arounds!!  I have implemented the following:

* green scheme for the web version of EN (which I rarely use)

* the batch file that changes the notes to a light gray background - LOVE THIS to pieces!

* purchased the latest subscription to MS Office which does allow background color changes - OFF TOPIC but worth knowing

I am happy with what I have right now though it's a pain to have to reinstall the batch file each time I upgrade EN.

I take the approach that big companies don't listen and, if they make changes at all, it will be a glacial speed. Therefore, those of us who have a crying need have to find our own solution,

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POSTED WORK-AROUNDS!!  You are my heroes!

Helix Fairweather

• Like 1

I would like to have optional dark theme too. It is much more comfortable when you may not turn on the light in the room because your partner is sleeping and you take care of your life experience package.

• Like 3

On March 18, 2016 at 9:37 AM, EdH said:

could you quit moderating?

>>quit moderating?
Possibly; I really only have two moderator actions: Move and Hide - the same as you

I also participate in these forums as a user
In this participation I encourage other users to support feature requests by voting.
Are you objecting to this  participation

and Why does this bother you?

I activated dark mode in the IOS app but it doesn't extend throughout the whole application. At present it's only active on the landing page where you spend the least amount of time prior to reverting back to light mode for the rest of the app where you create and/or read notes.

Dark mode needs to be extended across the entire application for it to be worthwhile. I've put together a few screenshots to illustrate the issue as it currently stands.

evernote1.jpeg

evernote2.jpeg

Another migraine last night.  Another attempt to find an Evernote alternative that doesn't insist on glaringly white notes.  Came back and visited this thread again.  Found out about Alternote.  GOD BLESS YOU GUYS.  Alternote rocks.  Finally a note product that's not shouting all the time.

• Looks way slicker than Evernote
  • Nite mode is beautiful.  Subtle.
  • Uses my Evernote notes.  No need to migrate my data.
  • Default layout is the one I have to wrestle Evernote into for 5 minutes every time they upgrade it
  • It's just for taking notes!  It's not trying to take over your whole desktop (I think Evernote secretly wants to be an operating system).
  • $6.99?  Bargain for the KILLER feature.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's good stuff right there. I can't use it as they don't (yet) have a Windex version, but I've read nothing but good things about it.

Some food for though, though: Alternote will only work until such time as Evernote locks down their APIs... :) </tinfoil_hat>

1 hour ago, Sam Pierson said:

Another migraine last night.  Another attempt to find an Evernote alternative that doesn't insist on glaringly white notes.  Came back and visited this thread again.  Found out about Alternote.  GOD BLESS YOU GUYS.  Alternote rocks.  Finally a note product that's not shouting all the time.

• Looks way slicker than Evernote
  • Nite mode is beautiful.  Subtle.
  • Uses my Evernote notes.  No need to migrate my data.
  • Default layout is the one I have to wrestle Evernote into for 5 minutes every time they upgrade it
  • It's just for taking notes!  It's not trying to take over your whole desktop (I think Evernote secretly wants to be an operating system).
  • $6.99?  Bargain for the KILLER feature.

If you're using the Web client, you can also use this Stylish style I created (Alternote is fantastic too... for more reasons than night mode): 

I agree, what's the point of having the dark mode if it's only on the one menu you barely see when typing notes 

Now that Microsoft Office has an Android app I use that mostly. You can change the page color at least.

After reading 10 pages, I came to the realization that a dark theme for the windows client, sadly, is something that I (as many others) can't expect in the near future.

As certainly there are some workarounds on this situation (css styles for firefox using "stylish" addon, or Alternote for mac users), my favorite one is the use of a external text editor.

Sublime Text has a plugin called (with all redundancy) "Evernote for Sublime Text", which allows you to create, open, and update my notes on the text editor (which has a native dark theme), and even I can create a new notebook!. Additionally, I can use markdown syntax for formatting the text (a huge plus). At least for me, this is the greatest workaround about having a dark theme for evernote (even if it's not the official/original client). I also attach a couple of screenshots to show how a note looks on Sublime, and how is the final result on evernote.

I don't know if someone will find this useful as it is for me, but I wanted to share it anyway.

Best regards.

Evernote_1.PNG

Evernote_2.PNG

• Like 2

+1 for a dark theme. My eyes would be eternally grateful.

(the unresponsiveness of the evernote team is so frustrating)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darth Rubro said:

+1 for a dark theme. My eyes would be eternally grateful.

(the unresponsiveness of the evernote team is so frustrating)

Well, I'm hardly surprised, Evernote isn't exactly famous for focusing on the needs of their users :)

http://www.businessinsider.com/evernote-is-in-deep-trouble-2015-10

Several former employees believe a lack of focus hampered Evernote's growth. Instead of focusing on its core note-taking product and on converting users to the paid service, Evernote spent more time releasing a bunch of new products and features that only helped it grab news headlines, they said.

[...]

This person said Evernote didn’t have a formal market-research or usability-testing team as robust as what companies of its scale have until earlier this year.

[...]

Evernote Food, a standalone app that lets users share recipes and food photos, entirely shut down last month, as did other experimental products like Evernote Hello and Peek.

“It was kind of like move on to the next shiny thing, let’s just talk about the next thing we’re going to do,” another former employee said. “There was no prioritization circled down. None of that structure existed at all.”

No wonder that

Evernote has laid off roughly 18% of its workforce in the past nine months [2015], and said it will shut down three of its 10 global offices last week.

(from the same article)

• Like 1

I've pretty much given up and am now using OneNote by Microsoft.

I am able to use OneNote on my Tablet, Laptop and in a Web Browser while at work.

I've only commented on this as I've been following this thread and wanted to see if something was going to come back from the Dev's but I am not going to unsubscribe and just forget about this product. 

• Like 2

I'm afraid that using another product and opting to stop paying for any pay expansions or services from EverNote may be the only way to actually get the company's attention on this and other matters.

*shrug .. They obviously have not decided to step anywhere near this plea of ours for well over more than a year now... not a peep at all.

It tells me that our voices are of zero consequence to them.  It speaks volumes.

I will remain subscribed to this forum and post but, like Matt, I'm no longer going to use the product.  Not until its something I would choose to use again.

Yep, this is exactly what I hope to see in an update soon. I prefer dark themes whenever available from my Android apps. Evernote being one of my most used apps, this would be a most welcomed feature.

• Like 2

I just updated to 6.0 today and it seems like it's even whiter but even if it's not, it prompted me to search for "dark evernote theme" and I landed here.  Pretty disappointed to see that there hasn't been any response to this request.  Dark themes are so pervasive these days you'd think it would start coming as a default or at least an option.  I just reupped my premium subscription for a year.  Kinda bummed I did now that I found a couple of cool alternatives that DO have darker themes, or at least less glaring backgrounds.

Honestly, I have been checking these forums for probably a couple of years now waiting for Evernote's response to this request (not specifically this one...). I know that we all know they are shifting direction away from the Market and Workchat (thank you!) but seems like some of these quality of life improvements would be trivial to implement. Code snippets or markdown with dark theme would buy a lot of good will from the dwindling fanatics. 

Dark palette NOW! 

Omnifocus 2 for mac has an AMAZING dark palette option. Evernote should do something similar.

On 3/18/2016 at 0:31 PM, EdH said:

I would just love theme support. Microsoft recently added Dark Mode to Office 365. I am not sure if it is publicly available or just on the insider ring for now, but it is there.

I personally don't care for Dark Mode in Office 365 because the other themes and the contrasts in the app are enough, but with Evernote, given the existing mode or dark mode, I'd probably go with dark mode given I cannot see the subtle differences in the 50 shades of gray.

Off-topic, where is the dark mode in O365?

On 5/10/2016 at 3:43 PM, DeAtrament said:

Honestly, I have been checking these forums for probably a couple of years now waiting for Evernote's response to this request (not specifically this one...). I know that we all know they are shifting direction away from the Market and Workchat (thank you!) but seems like some of these quality of life improvements would be trivial to implement. Code snippets or markdown with dark theme would buy a lot of good will from the dwindling fanatics. 

Exactly my point as well.

I've all but abandoned Evernote at this point.  Sick to death of waiting YEARS for code snippet / syntax highlighting features.

We are at the point now where, regardless of platform, there are plenty of other FREE options available which offer those features...

I am no longer paying for Premium out of disgust.  Shame, as the only thing keeping Evernote remotely relevant in a sea of notetaking / organization apps is purely the cross-platform benefit, whereas others tend to be tied to a single OS.

This is obviously all opinion, but I'm confident that I'm not alone in that opinion.

Wake up EN dev team and implement some things we, your loyal users, have been screaming about for YEARS YEARS YEARS now.

Otherwise, good luck w/ a dwindling fan base.

• Like 1

+1  Evernote - why haven't you sorted this out yet?  Please pay attention and listen to your users.  Mac OS X Client please :)  - dark theme.

• Like 1

I'm generally quite happy with the upgrade to evernote 6 (also see my topic about screen estate which was mostly resolved). It was nice to see them add at least a few user options.

I do unsterstand that they want to keep some control over the way things look and try to have a clean-looking, uniform product that people can recognize (the Apple way). However it would be nice to have a couple of themes to choose from.

• a light theme -> current theme would suffice
  • a medium theme -> would be my preference. I have a 3-colum setup and would be nice to have the notebooks-section in a darker green, then the notes in a medium grey, and the note section in white (as it is now)
  • a dark theme -> I think probably coders are interested in this. In my company we use IntelliJ as an IDE and some of my colleagues have a dark theme set up. Notepad++ also has some nice, dark themes. Those could be used for inspiration...
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 0:27 PM, macfixer said:

Off-topic, where is the dark mode in O365?

FIle:Account:Office Theme.

22 hours ago, EdH said:

FIle:Account:Office Theme.

On Mac?

1 hour ago, macfixer said:

On Mac?

Sorry, no. Windows only AFAIK. I'll look when I get home but don't think it has a theme selector like Windows does.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EdH said:

Sorry, no. Windows only AFAIK. I'll look when I get home but don't think it has a theme selector like Windows does.

Ahh. Thought I was losing it for a minute :wacko:

Right now, using Evernote is like driving a Ferrari, except the high beams are mounted to the windshield and pointing at the driver’s face. After 5 years of being an Evernote die hard, I have no choice but to throw in the towel, or they’ll have to cut my eye like Rocky. Yo Evernoooote. Yo Evernooote.

• Like 2

Hey y'all,

It looks like a lot of people want to see a dark theme across our different platforms. I've moved this thread to a Product Feedback forum so y'all can vote on this to raise awareness. You can vote by selecting one of the arrows at the top of the thread, to the left of the thread title. I've started it out by adding my vote :D.

Vote Dark Theme.jpg

• Like 3

Evernote is probably the only app used by me that has white paper. I like Evernote but hate the background. Light yellow (best for learning), light grayish paper or dark theme is what I prefer. Too much of one color and it is hard to find  quickly enough what I need.

Dark themes can also be of help to people with eyesight problems.

White text on black background sometimes is easier to read for them.

Good-ish news everybody, 

I just found a really quick and easy workaround, and no it's not a welding visor or an astronaut helmet.

The trick is to get a color inversion program. I'm not an affiliate, or a spammer, or anything like that, just trying to help is all. Although there are probably dozens of inverters, the one I'm using right now is a pretty decent little free one I found called 'NegativeScreen' I got from a site called 'arcane sanctum'. I can hotkey different types/amounts of universal screen inversion on the fly. Instant mercy. If you know of, or can find an even better program please let me know. 

Oh sweet mama, what relief! I can finally Alt+Tab into offensively bright screens like Enote without feeling like a mole mashing his face against the bat signal.

To help clarify the request for the Evernote developers, when you say you want Dark Mode, are you asking for the editor to be inverted too so the note is black and text white or just the rest of the UX beyond just the sidebar?

In regards to syntax highlighting, during our hack week when I was there one of the security engineers got this working and I think you could even choose the language so C was highlighted differently than Java. The reason code block and a lot of these features aren't turned on is because not all the clients support the same editor yet.  Once this is done then these feature can easily be turned on.  I don't work there anymore so I have no idea where they are on that but that's the reason.  If not adding syntax highlighting and other editor features would have to be added to the 5 different clients separatey which is very costly and time consuming.  

• Like 2