I will keep using legacy version 6.25 until...

• Level 5*

I'm a  long term Evernote user, using the Legacy product on a Mac   
I consider the v10 product a work-in-progress, presently missing features I need   
I'm monitoring the v10 progress, and will consider switching when the work is completed

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, McClausky said:

It will be a time consuming and stressing task, but that's why I hope Evernote gets back on track in terms of decent software development.

Sympathies with your frustrations - I'd imagine a lot of long time Evernote users (including me & @DTLow) are waiting for v10 to get better before we switch. 

As time goes on there will be more alternatives to Evernote,  and the existing options will improve  their features;  so "looking for other solutions" is an ongoing task of keeping an eye on developments.  If you have Desktop Legacy, you have a copy of your database on your device (and hopefully some ongoing backup scheme in case that copy is compromised somehow) and you can bet that most competitors will make it as easy as possible to import notes from Evernote to convert to their system. 

It looks like Legacy users are good for some months yet - when the updates get less frequent... then they might start more actively pushing everyone towards the latest product.

• Like 1

Gosh - still this bad then. Thanks for saving me the time to dip my toes back in those waters. No thanks!!  I am the same as you then - 6.25 until either they sort this mess out (growing less and less likely by the month, now), or force us to alternative products, which I still haven't found. 6.25 is still the champ, but I have high hopes for Amplenote, if they just opened up the storage options a bit more.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, avevers said:

Gosh - still this bad then.

Actually it's not necessarily bad - it depends on your use.  There are a number of apparently sober and coherent users who find the new app to be at least as good,  if not better than sliced bread - it depends on how used you are to the current former UI,  and what elements of the Legacy app you found useful vs what's been dropped from EN10.  I'm just impatient with learning curves and a strong believer in the "ain't broke - don't fix" school of thought.  I am using the new Web version,  and it has a lot going for it - though it tends to brick one of the laptops I use because of its size...

• Level 5

You will not have anything in v10 like you are used to it, it is take it or leave it in some aspects.

v10 IS in fact a Chrom(ium) based app - it is running inside of a framework, that handles OS traffic. And this framework is based on Chromium, it is sort of a browser without a front end. The front end is the app. So better to have some system resources to spare.

About tags: The way to apply tag selections was changed. It is done by setting filters now, in searches and as well in viewing options. If you select a filter, it will nicely show on the screen. Just another approach, works for me (and I am heavy on tagging).

In general, EN is growing at the moment, adding new features. No problem with using legacy (I do it as well, but only for some tasks), but it means sitting on that dead branch on an otherwise green tree.

IMHO with some longer perspective, you need to find your personal way into v10, or your way out of EN altogether.

• Like 2

I recently built a new computer and had saved the URL to directions on how to return to the legacy app. Now that I'm up on the new computer, I find that the thread with directions has apparently been deleted.

Is it possible for me to get the legacy app on my new computer?

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

Many thanks! I've now got it installed on the new computer - for how long - no one knows. I'll just have to deal with learning curve, slowness & lack of useful/comfortable features once they take the Legacy version away. (Hopefully, the competition sees what's going on & starts to create better options with easy migration).

It's such a shame when companies lose their focus and make decisions that are counter to customer satisfaction. Some time in the past two years LastPass did something similarly idiotic. I thought I could wait them out but after a month or so, I gave up, did my homework and moved to another password manager.

• Like 2

I've been a paid member for about 10 years I think. 

I'm really not sure what people are talking about . The point about notes not being available if not connected is just not true - its one of the reasons that I keep paying EN - very, very few apps now have off-line access. 

I'm running a surface pro 2017 and the app is a as quick as office 365 - perfectly OK performance. You can see the tag selected in the left hand column. 

I've just upgraded from plus to personal - why? Custom filtered widgets on the home page 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been EN since 2007. I am with the disaster crowd. I can live with some necessary changes to update with the times or an EN vision, but the web app slows my work flow down to the point of tedium. I will migrate, too, sadly, before updating to web app.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, steveo2q said:

Ditto on being a paid EN user for 10+ years.  I'm trying to live with the v10 web app but haven't figured out how to make it import files - a must have for me - and don't think it does it.  Am I right?  Thanks.

The web app never has been able to import files - are you thinking about an Import Folder?  That's a desktop process.  The web app can attach files to notes,  but that's strictly a manual operation.

Create import folders

"... are you thinking about an Import Folder?"   Thanks, gazumped.  Yes, I've been using import folders on the EN Windows version for a long time.  Recently changed from the Legacy version to v.10.20.4, and started using the v10 web app as well, and have been  trying to figure out which to keep.  I can't use import folders with the web version, I'm now getting that 10.20.4 is squirrelly (I can't see half of the files assigned to a particular tag), so that leaves me going back to - Legacy.  I hope they get the desktop version right because it has always been what I need.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can import files into EN web by clicking on the blue + button when you are in a note. Choose „Attachment“ and select it, done.

There never were and there are no import folders for EN web. This was on legacy a feature of the Windows client only. With v10 import folders are now available in EN for Windows and Mac. It is not decision criteria: If you want import folders, you need to use a desktop client.

About the „can‘t see half of the files assigned to a tag“ remark: What exactly do you try to do, what is the desired result, what happens instead ?

• Confused 1
  • 6 months later...

When we work on our desktops, we need a much more powerful app, with true offline sync features (not because we need to disconnect from the internet, but because performance is greatly increased as evidenced with V.625).  [...]   Desktop is Desktop. A Desktop device is aimed at serious work and also fast work.  The Web app is used less than occasionally (ask the users in this forum, they report that in the past they used the web interface on the rare occasion).  Aiming so much efforts to unify Desktop and Web is like pretending everybody works only on Chromebooks. If you can't bring your laptop with you, then you use your phone and end of story. 

"A Desktop device is aimed at serious work and also fast work"

That is the point! The guys who creat Evernote 10 dont make any idea of how we use Evernote to work. I really need alternate fast by all notes. I use Key words in my notes so I can use the search bar to filter the group of notes I need in that specific notes. For exaple. In one moment I need to see together all the notes wit the sequence of letter "HashtagAppNotes" and in the second after I need to see all the notes with the sequence "HashtagAppNotesOffLineSync" and after "HashtagAppNotesDesktopClient". In old Evernote, I keep a Windows notepad txt opened with the words I am working, so I copy the and put in the Evernote search bar. It was to fast, easy, smooth. Sometimes I need to reach a note and see the same notes I created that day. All of this was to easy in old Evernote. Now, my work canot do it anymore.

I have 12.000 notes.

Evernote v10 look like was designed for some teenager who has 10 or 20 notes with the videogames he want to play in the futures. I am totally frustaed with this s*. I used to use Evernote tshirts and talk to everyone that Evernote was the best thing the Internate gave me. I sped 10 years of my life working and puting all I produce in this plataform, becase I thought it was reliablle. I still hope the guys reconsider. Is the follow this path, they will be transforming the best sodtware ever made in one more waek notes app.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

V10 works seriously, I use it all of the time. Works fast - in fact I don’t care if an interaction takes 1.9 or 2.2 seconds.

In some aspects it is today faster than legacy, taking real world interaction as measure . A few operations still take longer - there is the option to use legacy for these, or simply accept a short wait while in v10.

But it seems hard to take that times are changing. Maybe the new code was created based on younger software technology - the old one was created in a way that made maintaining it first expensive, and later impossible.

If the new EN does not spark joy for you, then you probably need to move on to another app that works better for your specific use case. About your personal happiness you alone can decide.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Personally you know nothing about my use cases. Maybe I play and call it work, maybe you call it work, but only tinkers around. Who am I to judge what other people do or don’t ?

If your WORK (uhhh, all capital letters to make it sound serious, I suppose) requires a certain software, and fails if it ceases, you have build your WORK on a dependency.

So better instead of talking about whether other people work (I mean, only you WORK, we got that message) you should probably resolve that dependency thing.

Because the WORK must go on …

OK, have to hurry, the games continue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
13 hours ago, persiomenezes said:

@PinkElephantIt is because you use the app to note the names of the games you want to play. If you use to to WORK, you would understand us.

It is a shame that the serious point that you made has been completely overshadowed by your abuse, based on absolutely no knowledge, of somebody who dared to disagree with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Good luck. Your only „other“ option that I see at the moment is not available for Windows or Android. Your best alternative is v10 - and it gets better with every release. In many aspects it has already surpassed legacy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Good luck. Your only „other“ option that I see at the moment is not available for Windows or Android. Your best alternative is v10 - and it gets better with every release. In many aspects it has already surpassed legacy.

Wrong.  Legacy 6.25 is quite fine at the moment.  I'll find some time to test the very lastest v10 and will report if there are any notable improvements.

• Level 5

You can use whatever you want - and as long as legacy works, it is an option.

But if a fellow users posts „… Until I will find another app that works … like legacy …“, we can answer his implicit question. Which I did, and you just tell „stick with legacy“.

If you make a fact check - where did we tell something different about continued use of legacy ?

And the best alternative AFAIK is v10 - or what crosses your mind ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You can use whatever you want - and as long as legacy works, it is an option.

But if a fellow users posts „… Until I will find another app that works … like legacy …“, we can answer his implicit question. Which I did, and you just tell „stick with legacy“.

If you make a fact check - where did we tell something different about continued use of legacy ?

And the best alternative AFAIK is v10 - or what crosses your mind ?

Blah blah blah.  I'll soon test V10 and report here if it's still sucks or not. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, McClausky said:

I'll soon test V10 and report here if it's still sucks or not. 

Since we have no information about your level of IT experience, your workflow, your devices and their location or network connection,  that'll be your opinion then,  rather than some final judgement.  I'm still using 6.25 too,  and I have no great incentive to change - though I just got a new desktop so I am going to try v10 there. 

It may or may not stay,  depending on whether I find it useable or not.  Either way I wouldn't presume to impose my judgement on anyone else.  Best advice to anyone about any software is 'see whether it works for you'.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, McClausky said:

Blah blah blah.  I'll soon test V10 and report here if it's still sucks or not. 

You seem to be very convinced you can judge for everybody. Which in my opinion should be a clear warning for anybody to follow your advise …. be it what it may be !

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Since we have no information about your level of IT experience, your workflow, your devices and their location or network connection,  that'll be your opinion then,  rather than some final judgement.  I'm still using 6.25 too,  and I have no great incentive to change - though I just got a new desktop so I am going to try v10 there. 

It may or may not stay,  depending on whether I find it useable or not.  Either way I wouldn't presume to impose my judgement on anyone else.  Best advice to anyone about any software is 'see whether it works for you'.

To @gazumped and @PinkElephant

I'm surprised how you can consider any opinion as "final judgement".   A word of advice: don't take forum opinions as impositions.  They are what they are: opinions.   Common sense will always save you from getting offended from a user's opinion.   Regarding the level of IT experience, I could bother showing my IT credentials proving 20+ years of working in the industry, but....in a collaboration forum like this one, asking and showing IT credentials descends into deep ridiculousness .  

When I initially posted my opinion about V10, I received at least 8 opinions that were on the "disaster V10 crowd". This is enough for me to realize that I'm not alone here, so I'll keep testing and reporting, in spite of your delicate feelings of being imposed or judged.  

• Level 5

To start with a citation of your own words: „Blahblahblah“

Thanks for your attempt of advise and orientation - I don’t need it, and I won’t take it.

You announced to run a test, just go ahead. It will add to the pool of experience, and that is always a good thing. If you think you can generalize, nobody can stop you in doing so.

But as a proverb says „Who goes to the kitchen must accept some heat“.

You’re certainly not alone in your opinion, @McClausky, that v10 is a “disaster”. What I don’t understand is this: why wait until you’re forced to depart? Why not make a graceful exit now if you will “never” use v10? (I realize you specified a minor version but choose to ignore that because this general argument has been made many times and more recently than 10.20.) That seems like you’re playing chicken with a train. You’ll lose. Evernote has invested significant resources into building what is really an entirely new app, and it is still likely less than they would have spent building 4+ native apps. They’re full steam ahead on v10.

I used old Evernote back in the day, left it for a while, and came back to v10. There are things I dislike or that can be improved, but overall, it’s quite solid for me. Certainly clicks with me better than all the new-fangled stuff like Notion and Obsidian.

Interestingly, Obsidian is a hugely popular app built, like Evernote, with Electron. VS Code is well-regarded and built with Electron. Electron super sucks in comparison to native apps in terms of performance but the benefit is much leaner cross-platform development. What I want to see from Evernote the company is an intense focus on improving performance (there has been notable progress) and implementing more platform-specific features.

Sorry this conversation devolved; complaints are exhausting and we would rather this be a place of helpful exchanges than gripes. I say that as a much more recent member of the forum than @PinkElephant, @gazumped, or @DTLow. I ultimately agree with you that performance and features need to improve but v10 is my daily driver and serviceable.

I bet Evernote staff lurk in these discussions and that they’d benefit more from constructive criticisms than “how stupid and tone deaf are these people”, which is how your post comes off.

Your top 3 priorities for them would be…?

1. Improve performance and resource utilization.

2. Reduce clicks for most common tasks.

3. Support more platform-specific features (in your post, I consider “changing the DB drive” to be platform-specific and actually quite niche—multiple internal drives are not the norm).

• Like 7
  • 3 months later...

I have upgraded to professional because I had the web version and wanted the desktop version for Windows. I have always used this the desktop version in older computers and loved it. But I realized that it does not download to C drive. Why?

• Level 5

What does not „download to c:“ ?

The app download ? The installed client ? The data folder ? 

With legacy you can change the install path. Maybe it is a forgotten user interaction to install on another drive, long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Plus user, I am very disappointed by creeping attempts to force me to upgrade to Personal making the app crying all around how limited my current experience is. Even worse, by taking away things that worked before like offline notes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Your view has its own merits.

On the other hand, you are on a grandfathered subscription plan, that probably just covers the cost of keeping it alive. Other providers would have long ago send you a notification that the plan will be abandoned, and it is „up or out time“.

If I were you and wished to stay on my current subscription, I would prefer a little nagging.

Offline access to your notes is still provided with your plan. What you probably mean are local notebooks. They were removed from all clients for technical reasons. Nothing specific there for your subscription. You can keep them, but only on a legacy desktop client, or get them converted to the cloud database.

• 2 weeks later...

So, 2(?) years since v10 and i have done another test on ios:

* takes forever to down load all offline notebooks. Days for 15k notes. Seriously?? 
* offline search still does not work, even with offline notebooks.

so i keep my v8 on iphone carefully to not accidentally upgrade.

but seriously??

why not listen to loyal paying clients for WHAT THEY ACTUALLY NEED, not selling some fancy ideas about tasks or reminders or what not. This is a REFERENCE tracking app, not a todo app for vast majority of people.

there are million better todo apps, not lack of good reliable reference tracking with offline storage and search

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Alexs512 said:

Hi.  I'm impressed how you tested out the update but managed to retain access to Legacy. 

If you genuinely have an issue,  please let us know what device and Evernote version you have - we may be able to suggest some work-arounds.

I understand that v10 iOS is much better than it was,  though there's always room for improvement. 

If there's a viable alternative,  then obviously you should consider using it.

12 hours ago, Alexs512 said:

So, 2(?) years since v10 and i have done another test on ios:

* takes forever to down load all offline notebooks. Days for 15k notes. Seriously?? 
* offline search still does not work, even with offline notebooks.

but seriously??

why not listen to loyal paying clients for WHAT THEY ACTUALLY NEED, not selling some fancy ideas about tasks or reminders or what not. This is a REFERENCE tracking app, not a todo app for vast majority of people.

there are million better todo apps, not lack of good reliable reference tracking with offline storage and search

I agree with two of your points and they’re considerable issues for me too. 

Offline sync taking days is just insane. And building tasks into Evernote, when there are so many established and mature task management apps, seems a waste. I’m not sure many users started using Evernote thinking “I hope they add todo list management”. 

I feel like I’m in a constant search for a good replacement, but haven’t found anything yet. 

In desperation I downloaded Devonthink to see how it worked. I dumped 50 pdf documents into it I had sitting on the computer. I configured the sync with my iPhone through iCloud and the entire set of documents synced to my phone in seconds. And they were fully searchable and indexed. Astounding speed. Not sure why Evernote is just so slow. 

• Level 5

Where to start ?

This thread is about Windows legacy 6.25., a piece of outdated 32bit software not maintained any longer.

If you have complains about offline notebooks in the mobile client , nobody will look for it here. There are threads to discuss this question.

Devonthink is from scratch a different concept. You host the database yourself, there are no cloud servers or services. DTTG the mobile solution syncs through iCloud, and is explicitly made only for a selected part of your data (what DT calls s database, similar to a stack in EN). 50 notes is nothing, but if you have several thousands you will feel the restriction.

DT is a fine piece of software, don’t get me wrong. But it is not a 1:1 replacement. It is not for many reasons - for most EN users the most important reason is no support for Windows, none for Android.

And this is another reason why your post here is in the wrong place again. A post for a Mac only App in a thread about Windows feels like dropping a snowflake into the Sahara desert. A nice moment, but not very lasting …

• Like 1

to @PinkElephant and @gazumped - can you clearly state your affiliation with evernote company?

you seem to reply to every post and basically say 'what are you talking about, there are no issues whatsoever with v10 on any platform'

whereas all 'level 1' users - who i presume real customers - say 'this is a disaster' since release in 2020.

i was on beta version testing of v10 and my feedback was honest and swift - it is a disaster.

then it was released and every REAL user said the same on these forums.

so, I use 'legacy' app on macOS. and I do use 'legacy' v8 on my iphone. on iphone i had to carefully avoid upgrading it for YEARS now to just keep getting the service i expected to get before Evernote management started to mess with the interface and ignore the user feedback.

to test v10 i had to use ANOTHER iphone which was sitting on a desk plugged in to charger for a week and unusable for anything else.

is this NORMAL to 'upgrade' a system with huge user base like this??

there is even a wikipedia entry on this whole situation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evernote#Evernote_v10_controversy

seriously?

• Like 2
On 5/17/2022 at 11:04 PM, scojjac said:

I used old Evernote back in the day, left it for a while, and came back to v10. There are things I dislike or that can be improved, but overall, it’s quite solid for me.

I only quote this part of that comment by @scojjac, but their whole 5/17/2022 comment feels very even-toned and I feel deserves a re-read if some have glossed over it.

There are many of us that are in that same camp. Evernote v10 is not perfect - there are definitely flaws and things that need to be improved but for me, with my usage, it is quite solid as well. For me personally I'd like to see improved syncing (they are actively working on it from what I understand) and improved responsiveness (currently good enough for me, but could be better), image thumbnail control, internal table of contents (new feature) and backlinks (new feature). I can wait for those features and improvements, but if they never materialize that is ok. Maybe in the future I'll migrate to something different, who knows.

I've tried dozens of other note taking / productivity / knowledge base apps in the last 2 years. Lots of pros and cons in all of them.

For fun, I've went through the initial posters (initial) list of complaints. While I do have minor gripes with Evernote, quite frankly none of the OPs concerns are shared by myself.

• Clicking on a note the first time takes 3 or more seconds.
    • for me - it takes 1/2 a second or less
  • Opening a note on a separate window STILL takes 6 to 10 seconds, sometimes 15 seconds on long notes, but never less than 6 seconds  (yes, ten months after V.10 was launched, hard to believe).  One would think that after a first click on the note, it would be downloaded or cached, but no, it's always like opening a note for the first time.  Unacceptable and impossible to work on it.   Compared to this, version 6.25 feels rocket-fast.
    • for me - it takes 1/2 second (or less)
  • After clicking on a few notes, v.10 went crazy with the system resources and started using 1GB of ram, while version 6.25 never surpassed 100MB.   The only app that uses this outrageous quantity of ram is Chrome, but it's because it has 30+ tabs opened.
    • This is the same for me for RAM usage (but also not an issue -- I never think about it)
  • Offline access is only partial. All your notes get a "Download Incomplete" message when you're offline. I understood that V.10 was using a local database, but the evidence generates confusion.
    • I don't have any issues with offline notes
  • You don't know which tag is selected on the left sidebar (isn't this absolutely basic behavior?)
    • I don't know either, but I have almost 300 tags and I don't need it to show me in the sidebar which tag is selected -- I can see at to the top of the selected notes.
  • We cannot multi-select tags. Only one at a time?  
    • Multiple tags can be selected now. (maybe this has changed over the last 2 years?)
  • Can't select more than 50 notes at a time. Why?  Is the app going to use 3GB of ram if we try?    performance issues = software development issues.
    • I find that I don't ever need to select more than 50 notes at a time.
  • Moving notes from one folder to another takes unacceptable times.
    • I don't hardly ever do this, but when I do I don't recall it ever being slow.
  • We can't have the shortcuts located on top, horizontally, near the menu bar. On V.6.25, this is one of greatest time-saving useful features.  One simple click to access your favorite notes or tags super fast.
    • I don't need this.
  • We can't change font size or font family anywhere.  Why do you impose font types on us?  
    • Not an issue for me.
  • We can't change left sidebar background color. Impositions.
    • I don't need it.
  • We cannot choose the location for Evernote local files (Database).  Sometimes our C drive is full and it's required to install everything to D drive
    • I don't need it.

I totally get that different people use the product differently and have different needs and usages of the product and so I totally get that the product may feel like a disaster for some, but not all "real" users think v10 is a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Woo - haven't been called out in ages...

2 hours ago, Alexs512 said:

- can you clearly state your affiliation with evernote company?

Yup.  Like Pink,  I'm a user (have been for 12+ years) and -currently- a Professional subscriber.  I was given a Moderator badge a while ago,  possibly because I dive in here a lot,  but it mainly means I kill the occasional spam post when they sneak in here with their casual (and irrelevant) links.  I've also moved posts around - mostly from wrong account type to the correct one.

My IT background is in communications and training - hence I tend to have an opinion on everything.  My work view is that tasks are there to be done.  If one app won't do the job for me,  I'll find another one that works;  worst case I'll manually do the thing by hand.  I don't care about the method - deadlines come first.

I only adopted v10 a few months ago because 1) it had most of the bugs shaken out of it and 2) I got a new desktop with lots of bells and whistles that allow me to run the installed app better than my Legacy experience on two previous laptops.  Legacy is still around here though,  because I use that app to generate a daily account backup.

With the (I assume) highly-protected  and frequently backed up server copy and the Note History feature,  it shouldn't really be necessary,  but I figure it's my data so I selfishly want my own personal copy.

• Level 5

I've stuck with Legacy for a long time. I occasionally give the new version a try but run into very basic issues and find the "Help and Learning " section heavily biased toward Teams and Corporate.  Over the past 14 years, I have built up a personal list of 60,000 notes. I occassionally dip into the lastest version and immediately bump it problems that don't seem to be addressed. 

For example: 

Can the DATE format in notes be changed from "Sep 19" to "2022 09 19"?

using Windows 10.44.8-win-ddl-public (3632)

• Level 5

The date and time settings in general  follows the localization settings of your computer.

The date shown in lists is defined by this, and the system default is to show dates a few days ago without year, and today or yesterday as such. I find it a nice trait to show recent dates differently from all the others.

If you don’t like it, you don’t like it, and that is it. It is part of the current UI, and no bug, because the functions like sorting work correctly.

If you want to contact EN about it, use the feedback or a support ticket.

• Evernote Expert
6 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

Can the DATE format in notes be changed from "Sep 19" to "2022 09 19"?

So you mean the format when a date is inserted by the keyboard shortcut? If so, I use AutoHotKey which works well to create a shortcut to insert a date in the format of my choice. Search in these forums for AutoHotKey or AHK.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 9/19/2022 at 8:00 AM, Alexs512 said:

to @PinkElephant and @gazumped - can you clearly state your affiliation with evernote company?

you seem to reply to every post and basically say 'what are you talking about, there are no issues whatsoever with v10 on any platform'

whereas all 'level 1' users - who i presume real customers - say 'this is a disaster' since release in 2020.

i was on beta version testing of v10 and my feedback was honest and swift - it is a disaster.

then it was released and every REAL user said the same on these forums.

so, I use 'legacy' app on macOS. and I do use 'legacy' v8 on my iphone. on iphone i had to carefully avoid upgrading it for YEARS now to just keep getting the service i expected to get before Evernote management started to mess with the interface and ignore the user feedback.

to test v10 i had to use ANOTHER iphone which was sitting on a desk plugged in to charger for a week and unusable for anything else.

is this NORMAL to 'upgrade' a system with huge user base like this??

there is even a wikipedia entry on this whole situation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evernote#Evernote_v10_controversy

seriously?

A charming bit of deflection, offering (inaccurate) accusations against others, and then continuing your off-topic efforts to drift the thread in your direction. On the off chance you'd like to see a real user's progress from considering v. 10 a "disaster" to "quite good", here's a thread I started. Things change, a revision that started off on the wrong foot gradually got a lot better and now works quite well. That's my experience. Evidently it's not yours, but you might find a more sympathetic audience by starting or adding to a relevant thread in a relevant forum.

• Level 5
On 9/19/2022 at 6:16 PM, agsteele said:

So you mean the format when a date is inserted by the keyboard shortcut? If so, I use AutoHotKey which works well to create a shortcut to insert a date in the format of my choice. Search in these forums for AutoHotKey or AHK.

Thank you, but I don't think AHK will make the adjustment. Here is what I am trying to do. I want to use the CREATED date format for all notes that was used in the past.

The yyyy-mm-dd format was used by Evernote over the previous 12+ years. 

New Version = Legacy Version
2/28/23 = 2023-02-28
Nov 4 = 2022-11-04
Nov 4 = 2022-11-04
Oct 18 = 2022-10-18
Sep 22 = 2022-09-22
Yesterday = 2022-09-21

This screen capture shows the current CREATED date format 

image.png

• Level 5
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'd suggest looking at Filterize.  Whether the task consists simply of copying the first 10 characters of the title and inserting two dashes,  or recognising the date in that format and recreating in in the old style,  I think Filterize might be your gateway.  https://filterize.net/doc/conditions/

Thank you for the quick response. I'll do some research on Filterize and send them my question. I'll let you know what they say.

But my gut reaction is that Filterize won't have access to the CREATED date field in the Evernote database. 

• Like 1