Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Evernote Sync Error

evernote

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#1 thomasrive

thomasrive

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just updated to the new evernote version and now I'm having trouble syncing certain notes. Evernote will try syncing for a long time before popping out that there was a problem syncing. Going to sync errors displays this:
Note title: Note Name
Description: Could not make HTTP request
Reason: Could not sync note 'note name'.

iOS version 5.1.1

BTW: I'm noticing sync problems with evernote food as well

Edit November 12, 730pm: Evernote food is having unusually long sync times

#2 WALSTIB

WALSTIB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Same thing happened to me, but i fully closed the app (double-click HOME button and then tap the red minus sign on the evernote app).

When I relaunched, it synched no problem.

#3 ikya91

ikya91

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Same thing happened to me with my iPhone 4 / iPad 2 on iOS 6.0.1 (Evernote 5.0.0).
But the relaunch trick doesn't work for me.

#4 vkidd32

vkidd32

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Same thing happened to me with my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.1 (Evernote 5.0.0). Also, "Could not make HTTP request" problem. I hope the Evernote team can fix this problem as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

#5 byrnesyliam

byrnesyliam

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Me too http sync issues on both iPad and iPhone reason of Evernote 5

#6 corncrake

corncrake

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Me too on iPhone Evernote 5 iOS 6.01

#7 Gavatron

Gavatron

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Adding my voice to the chorus: I'm experiencing the same error - Could not make HTTP request - in Evernote 5.0 on iOS 6.1 (on iPad, if relevant). Tried closing the app with no luck.

#8 thomasrive

thomasrive

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

So any update everybody? I have no problem downloading changes from my laptop, but it's uploading from my iphone4s/ipad2 to evernote servers which is bugged up. I've got a backlog up notes on my phone which I cannot loose, but now can't access anywhere.

#9 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

You should open support cases.

#10 Saltank

Saltank

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Same issue here. Have taken some photos on my iPad to place in to a note, and it keeps complaining about this issue.

#11 Gavatron

Gavatron

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Support provided by Evernote (which worked for me):

If you have any "Pending" notes, click the "Pending" tab (iPhone/iPod) or go to the "Pending Synchronization" section (iPad).

• Copy the content of each note to your iOS Mail program and email them to your Evernote email address (do NOT attempt to email via Evernote).
  • Check your Camera Roll to ensure that any pending Image Notes have been auto-saved. If not, use the built in iOS "Screenshot" function to preserve Image Notes to your Camera Roll.
  • Uninstall Evernote from your device.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Download the latest version of Evernote via the AppStore.

#12 thomasrive

thomasrive

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Support provided by Evernote (which worked for me):

If you have any "Pending" notes, click the "Pending" tab (iPhone/iPod) or go to the "Pending Synchronization" section (iPad).

• Copy the content of each note to your iOS Mail program and email them to your Evernote email address (do NOT attempt to email via Evernote).
  • Check your Camera Roll to ensure that any pending Image Notes have been auto-saved. If not, use the built in iOS "Screenshot" function to preserve Image Notes to your Camera Roll.
  • Uninstall Evernote from your device.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Download the latest version of Evernote via the AppStore.

This worked for 2 uploads before it bugged up again. And now I have to re-download all my uploaded notes. Should have waited for a month before updating.

#13 jarpaz

jarpaz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

The same with me (iPhone 4, "new" iPad ), please test the new version of Evernote properly next time. Cannot upload any photo and wasted 2 hours with solving problem you had made. The worst thing is that I cannot easily get back an older functional version of Evernote to my devices and have to wait until the update is made. :-(((

#14 enki

enki

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Same thing for me....iPad 2. I' ve deleted Evernote....it have too many bugs....I upgrade to Premium, but nothing change. Now I delete the Evernote app and 'm using Awesome Note...I have no problem to sync with aNote. Don't use Evernote for iPad...I said it for your health....You become too nervous!!!
Evernote update fa CAGARE!!!

#15 thomasrive

thomasrive

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

I used to love evernote updates, how did you guys mess up so badly?

#16 pal2tech

pal2tech

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm having same issue -- klunky update and fails on iphone4. Contacted 'support' but they didn't resolve my problem. I uninstalled app and reinstalled app. it worked again for about 15 minutes before failing again on photo upload. I'm a premium member. Thinking about canceling my account for my company over this. Very frustrating that there's no support for premium members.

#17 DonO

DonO

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

OK, well I like some of the new look of the app, but this sync issue is definitely a problem. First started after I added some pictures to a note last night on my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1. Now I'm stuck in limbo on that one and the workaround from EverNote above is a joke.

#18 nielss

nielss

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I have the same problem on iphone 4S, iOS 6.0.1. , support posted above worked for about 1 minute and than i received the synchronize error again when adding a picture to a note...

What a pity

#19 pal2tech

pal2tech

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I've been back and forth with them today on this. I tried emptying the trash and that worked...for about an hour. problem is back again. The windows client is also acting klunky as well and failing to sync. it's only on notes that contain photos. Regular text notes are working fine.

#20 LoriMachelle

LoriMachelle

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Same thing for me. I'm a premium user. I will try to hang on and hope they can fix this bug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote