Evernote Sync Error

Just updated to the new evernote version and now I'm having trouble syncing certain notes. Evernote will try syncing for a long time before popping out that there was a problem syncing. Going to sync errors displays this:

Note title: Note Name

Description: Could not make HTTP request

Reason: Could not sync note 'note name'.

iOS version 5.1.1

BTW: I'm noticing sync problems with evernote food as well

Edit November 12, 730pm: Evernote food is having unusually long sync times

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So any update everybody? I have no problem downloading changes from my laptop, but it's uploading from my iphone4s/ipad2 to evernote servers which is bugged up. I've got a backlog up notes on my phone which I cannot loose, but now can't access anywhere.

Support provided by Evernote (which worked for me):

If you have any "Pending" notes, click the "Pending" tab (iPhone/iPod) or go to the "Pending Synchronization" section (iPad).

• Copy the content of each note to your iOS Mail program and email them to your Evernote email address (do NOT attempt to email via Evernote).
  • Check your Camera Roll to ensure that any pending Image Notes have been auto-saved. If not, use the built in iOS "Screenshot" function to preserve Image Notes to your Camera Roll.
  • Uninstall Evernote from your device.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Download the latest version of Evernote via the AppStore.

Support provided by Evernote (which worked for me):

If you have any "Pending" notes, click the "Pending" tab (iPhone/iPod) or go to the "Pending Synchronization" section (iPad).

• Copy the content of each note to your iOS Mail program and email them to your Evernote email address (do NOT attempt to email via Evernote).
  • Check your Camera Roll to ensure that any pending Image Notes have been auto-saved. If not, use the built in iOS "Screenshot" function to preserve Image Notes to your Camera Roll.
  • Uninstall Evernote from your device.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Download the latest version of Evernote via the AppStore.

This worked for 2 uploads before it bugged up again. And now I have to re-download all my uploaded notes. Should have waited for a month before updating.

The same with me (iPhone 4, "new" iPad ), please test the new version of Evernote properly next time. Cannot upload any photo and wasted 2 hours with solving problem you had made. The worst thing is that I cannot easily get back an older functional version of Evernote to my devices and have to wait until the update is made. :-(((

Same thing for me....iPad 2. I' ve deleted Evernote....it have too many bugs....I upgrade to Premium, but nothing change. Now I delete the Evernote app and 'm using Awesome Note...I have no problem to sync with aNote. Don't use Evernote for iPad...I said it for your health....You become too nervous!!!

Evernote update fa CAGARE!!!

I'm having same issue -- klunky update and fails on iphone4. Contacted 'support' but they didn't resolve my problem. I uninstalled app and reinstalled app. it worked again for about 15 minutes before failing again on photo upload. I'm a premium member. Thinking about canceling my account for my company over this. Very frustrating that there's no support for premium members.

OK, well I like some of the new look of the app, but this sync issue is definitely a problem. First started after I added some pictures to a note last night on my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1. Now I'm stuck in limbo on that one and the workaround from EverNote above is a joke.

I've been back and forth with them today on this. I tried emptying the trash and that worked...for about an hour. problem is back again. The windows client is also acting klunky as well and failing to sync. it's only on notes that contain photos. Regular text notes are working fine.

I just purchased a month subscription to see how Evernote will work out, but I'm having the same issue reported by the original topic creator.

Running on the iPad 3 (ios 6.0), it has no problem received synced data, but when I take a picture and it auto-syncs, I get the unable to make Http request error. If I keep trying, it (may) eventually work.

I have no problems using the desktop client to sync.

I have deleted, and re installed it multiple times, to the same effect after one or two upload successes.

I love the software, and I'd like to continue to use it, but this may make it unusable or me.

I opened a support ticket and have submitted my activity log. I'll see how that goes.

If anyone find a solution, please let us know.

-Mike

This is the response I got today:

"We're showing that you are attempting to upload some notes to Linked notebooks - these linked notebooks may be at their quota limit, or have become unshared with your account somehow. Can you please try logging into your account from a desktop computer, unlinking any shared notebooks from your account, then try syncing these notes again to one of your own notebooks?"

I had plenty of space in my account.

That didn't solve problem.

Same problem. Premium Member since 12 Mar 2008.

I had re-installed Evernote on iOS yesterday (for a different reason - deselecting offline notebooks wasn't reducing my App size, and it was taking up 1.2GB of my 16GB iPad ... so a reinstall seemed the fastest way).

I'm now getting the error:

Synchronisation failed:

An unexpected error occurred while synchronising with the Evernote service.

Synchronization Errors

Note title: [ XXX]

Description: Could not make HTTP request

Reason: Could not sync note '[XXX]'.

Any update on a fix other than a re-install?

[update 19 Nov 2012]

After a few hours the sync seemed to work itself through, and the app is syncing with the Evernote service as normal. For reference, it was a single note which contained 4 in-note photos.

I have an ipad 3 and iPhone 4. Both running latest iOS and Evernote premium. Both exhibit the same problem as everyone else here. I am starting to lose confidence in the quality control prior to release of new software with these guys. I remember being the one that discovered the conflict with CloudOn in the last release. It seems that every release has a show stopping bug. This one is huge and really might just kill it for me. If there was another service that I could forklift my data to (even at a higher price) I would now. I have had enough.

Here's an update:

After sending my activity log, I did receive a reply telling me that there was a problem with the picture I took (not sure why that would be) and that I should delete it, clear the trash, and try again. This did work, but when I took some more pictures, the same problem occurred. I believe the solution worked because occasionally it will not error.

What I have noticed is if you just let continue as if it didn't error out, it will bring up the popup error, so you'll have to ignore that, but on mine, it will eventually get synced up after many, and I mean many, errors. Until then, I just continue to take my pictures on the iPad as if it had properly synced, and it eventually it will get everything uploaded.

For me, when it happens, it always follows a picture upload. I have not tried the voice recordings.

If anyone has the patience to attempt to just continue as if it never occurred (sometimes you'll have a lot blue upload signs on your pics), it may be worth it. You also may need to click the re sync icon a lot which will cause some anger, especially if you want to do something with it immediately on another client.

I really hope they get this sorted out.

- MIke

Ditto--fist time I tried using the new Evernote with a client on my snazzy new iPad mini, and now I can't share their notes and photos with them...bad first impression to my client! Wanted to look like a tech whizz and now I just wish we used a camera and paper. Damn

Lots of photos in the notes that won't sync so clearly we are all having the same issue

Description: could not make HTTP request

Reason: could not sync note "notename"

Help...

Premium member since Jan 22, 2010

iPhone 4S. IOS 6.0.1. Evernote Version 5.0.0.

MacBookAir. OSX 10.8.2. Evernote 5.0.0.

Same problem, but this solved it in my case:

I had about 20 photo notes on the iPhone Evernote that were trying to sync. Synchs one or two, then the “Sync failed; could not make HTTP request” message showed up.

Closed Evernote on iPhone (double click home button, click red x on Evernote icon), then reopened. Sometimes synchs one or two notes, then the error message again.

I then did this and it solved the problem:

I emptied the contents of the trash folder on iPhone Evernote (it had two un-synched notes in it with the little blue arrows).

I closed Evernote on the iPhone. Reopened Evernote on iPhone. Clicked on the oldest un-synched note with the blue arrow. It started synching, and synched all notes.

Not sure if this was just luck…

Premium member since 2008.

I can sync between iPhone 4 and iPad 3. But when I try to send a link to my Evernote email address, I often get the "system currently not syncing; check back later" message. Ditto for when I try to use the clipper from within Safari on the iPad and iPhone. (This is a homemade clipper using bookmarks so probably not supported by Evernote.) These all used to work before the upgrade. Something is broken.

I am having the same problem here. I have found a work around that works most of the time. First delete all the offending photo notes and complete a successful sync. Now take pictures of your notes using the camera app and not evernote. Create a new note in evernote and add the picture from your camera roll. For some reason this seems to sync fine.

I'm not having issues with evernote food syncing (other than it being slow), but evernote itself keeps giving me sync errors multiple times in a roll. I was trying adding a photo to a note with my iphone. Thankfully it was just a test picture that failed to sync and disappeared not a real picture.

Chiming in on sync issues. After (too) many sync issues I think I have narrowed the cause to the effect: creating notes with images taken by the camera. Every note I create from a picture that I take there and then with the camera fails to sync. I tested a note with a pic from my camera roll: that synced with no issues. I use notes /camera pics everyday as part of my workflow; my workflow has now gone to hell.

All of my issues with syncing mirror the individual posts in this thread. I have uninstalled and re-installed; I have followed evernote support advice given in this thread/the forum, I have tired virtually everything without any success.

I am a premium user since 2008. I do not plan on leaving the service. What as once my trusted, daily go-to app has become a disruption, distraction and a pain in the ass. Is there a fix in the works? Does EN acknowledge the problem? When will this be fixed?

Thanks, Judd

Discovered Evernote and joined August, 2012.

IPad 2 IOS 6.0.1

iPhone 3G IOS 6.0.1

iMac, Mountain Lion

No problem syncing between devices.

Belatedly discovered there has never been a sync to Evernote servers. On all three devices the icon will spin for two to three seconds. There are no error messages.

Is it possible I set Local Notebook as a default? If so, how do I change?

Can I retroactively change the status on established notes? Is there a work around?

If that's not the problem, would love suggestions. Thank you.

Uploaded notes sometimes get also dumped in the trash. Notes deleted from the Desktop client go to the trash and appear in the trash both there and on the iPhone app. Permanently deleting the note from the desktop client isn't relfelcted on the iPhone however, and once this condition exists, the error is produced.

Only by manually clearing the trash on the iPhone can I get notes created on the iPhone to upload.

This reminds me of a similar condition when v4 was new on the iPhone.

After a half dozen support emails got evernote to confess that this is a bug:

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.It affecting note with image.

We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for making Evernote a better product,

Miguel

Evernote Support

Hopefully a bug fix will be released soon as this really kills some of the core functionality of me using this as my filing system for everything!

This is no small issue...

...I would hope this rises to the "CRITICAL" level of bug fixes...

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

If this bug was not there... it would be a game changer for me in terms of managing my daily stream of information while I'm calling on clients... (for proprietary reasons). A picture of clients posted office hours, and notes about followup, etc...

Without this functionality... just another app I have no use for that needs to be deleted from my phone.

Please Evernote... take a step back and think about this from a users perspective... DON'T KILL your core business, because you just have too many pots on the stove.

Here is the response I got

"Dear Valued Customer,

I do apologize for all the confusion. I have filed a bug with our engineering team for further review of this issue your having. If any additional information is needed we will let you know. I am sorry I am unable to fix this for you at this time."

As I said previously, there is a work around. First delete any notes that wont sync, then empty trash, then complete a successful sync. Now just use the iphone / ipad camera instead using the camera in the evernote app. You can then add the image to any note from the camera roll and it will sync fine.

As others have said, it seems to be related to taking pictures with the "in-app camera" and uploading them. Emptying the trash "can be" a temporary fix. How are we to know what a corrupt/offending picture is?

Absolutely love the product, but without much feedback aside from "Unfortunately the log indicates that there is a problem with the note named:'Snapshot'", I don't feel very confident as a customer.

-Michael

i've had the same problem. i had about 15 notes created on my iphone 4s with photos taken with the in-app camera that were refusing to sync. Several notes were near the maximum size but not all of them. Notes without photos were syncing fine. i decided to upgrade to Premium to see if that would help. After upgrading to Premium, the notes would start syncing. I would still get the same error messages, but some notes would sync. After about 5 tries, all the notes eventually synced.

C'mon Evernote Team. This is a major failure. It's happening to me on the iPhone App, but not the iPad. Suggested fixes here (thanks everyone) don't work for me. I am a Premium member, and I cannot believe how lax the support response that people have been getting. Very, very poor! Who does quality control??? Fix your product and own up to the problem!

Just for clarification, I can sync text OK with iOS, but not photos, whether from the camera roll or shot from within the Evernote App. After failing to sync photos, the only way to get Evernote to properly sync again is to uninstall/Reinstall.

I have been very vocal on this issue on twitter. The iPhone sync is horrible. I did use the premium help desk access to send in a note and my activity log. This is what I got back (3 days ago) - it is a human response which give me a bit of faith that it is being worked on:

"Thank you for providing your log! I've sent this on to our QA team. Thank you for your understanding during this frustrating bug! We all use the products we build so it is just as important to us to get this resolved quickly as anyone else. Also, thank you so much for being a loyal user since 2008, right when we started!"

Cheers,

Evernote Support

• Level 5*

I have been very vocal on this issue on twitter. The iPhone sync is horrible. I did use the premium help desk access to send in a note and my activity log. This is what I got back (3 days ago) - it is a human response which give me a bit of faith that it is being worked on:

"Thank you for providing your log! I've sent this on to our QA team. Thank you for your understanding during this frustrating bug! We all use the products we build so it is just as important to us to get this resolved quickly as anyone else. Also, thank you so much for being a loyal user since 2008, right when we started!"

Cheers,

Evernote Support

No one has ever noticed my loyalty! I'll have to generate some support tickets until I get a message like that about me :)

It appears to be a problem with the full size photos that the Evernote in-app camera takes. When I upgraded to Evernote premium (with larger allowable note sizes), the syncing started to work better, but not perfect. I then started creating notes with Awesome Note which syncs with Evernote. In Awesome Note you are able to take smaller sized photos (200KB instead of 2.5MB). Notes that I created in Awesome Note with smaller photos synced fine. One note wouldn't sync because I added another photo (taken with Awesome Note) to a note previously created with Evernote. All the other photos in the note were full size (2MB) photos. When I reduced all the previous photos to 200KB size (using Windows Office Picture Manager) the note then synced.

It appears to be that Evernote needs to give an option for taking reduced size photos with the in-app camera. Otherwise, a good work around seems to be using Awesome Note when creating notes with photos.

Same. I'm also a Premium member. Support ticket has no use. Only received instructions to delete and re-install. Done that more than 5 times. Including rolling back to EN 4.4. Same problem.

On iphone 4s, iOS5. Tried both EN 5.0 and 4.4.

Definitely a server problem, not related to iPhone client versions, because I bought a .99 client named QEver to see if it helps and experienced the same problem there. Whenever photo is taken by camera, then it also returns error.

The support staff seems to be very nonchalant about this. I am giving up EN. Please suggest an alternative. I'll gladly move on.

Premium Member with an Iphone 3gs chyming in.

Same synching problem, killing this app for me... I have been making a fuss on twitter (and will continue to do so) and other social media sites regarding this MAJOR issue. This is not something I want to wait "until the next patch" to be fixed.

I too am open to alternatives if anyone has suggestions.

Same problem. iPhone 4- iOS 6, just updated the Evernote app. Yesterday I listened to the Evernote CEO on Bloomberg radio saying they didn't have any competition. Maybe the idea that customers are stuck with Evernote is behind this slow response. This is a very frustrating problem, and I will be looking for other options.

Same problem. iPhone 4- iOS 6, just updated the Evernote app. Yesterday I listened to the Evernote CEO on Bloomberg radio saying they didn't have any competition. Maybe the idea that customers are stuck with Evernote is behind this slow response. This is a very frustrating problem, and I will be looking for other options.

The only way to get a monopolistic enterprise to listen to us is through social media. If we all hit the blogosphere, twitter, etc. hard on this topic we will get a much faster response.

I have had this same problem: iPhone 4s, runing 6.0.1. I was having problems syncing photos. Here is a workaround that I have been using for the past couple of weeks and it isn't TOO difficult:

1. Take the photos you want with the regular iPhone camera.

2. Go to the iPhone "Photos" app, into Camera Roll, and select all the photos you want to appear in one Evernote note. (Do this by pushing Edit at the top and then touching each photo. A red checkmark will appear on the photos you select.)

3. Push Share at the bottom, then Mail.

4. Mail the photos to your unique Evernote email address. (I created an entry in my Contacts book that is my evernote email and has "eee" as my name. It is really easy to then type "eee" in the TO field of the email, and the correct email address pops up.)

Also, in the subject line of the email, you can give the note a title that will appear as the note title in Evernote. For example, if I wanted the photos of my recent computer purchase to show up in my Receipts notebook, I would use the following as my email Subject: Laptop @Receipts

5. Push Send at the top when everything is the way you want it.

6. A screen should pop up asking if you want to reduce the message size. I usually select Medium resolution for my photos. They still print great and I can read them just fine.

I hope the Evernote team fixes this problem quickly. But, until they do, this is working for me. :)

Looks like they gave up

Dear Valued Customer,

It has been 2 weeks since our last interaction.

We are closing out this ticket. Any bugs or feature requests filed will continue to be worked on. You need do nothing further.

Should you need to contact us with additional information about this case, please open a new ticket at http://s.evernote.com/support and reference this ticket number in your comments.

Evernote Support

Just received a reply from support this morning. It appears they acknowledge this is a bug and they are working on it - although this very similar to the response that somebody else reported on this thread back on 26th November (10 days ago). It doesn't fill me with confidence that a fix will be coming anytime soon...

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.

We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.

Thanks for your posts. As a possible workaround can you please toggle Airplane mode on then off and resync. This should allow you to sync again. We have been getting reports that customers are unable to sync after adding an image or audio file, and this workaround should resolve this.

@PhilDean - I downloaded the update today. I was able to sync a few notes with single photos ... but not until I had to delete all of my notes that photos that would not sync with the original v5 update. Once I tried to upload a note with multiple photos (2, 3 and/or 4), the sync failed. This happened on both iPhone & iPad. So damn frustrating.

I tried the toggle airplane mode trick. It worked with single pic notes and multi-pic notes (a note w/four synced as it should). Are you suggesting that toggling the airplane mode ONCE will rectify this crazy sync issue? Or are you suggesting that it is a short term fix? Please clarify. Thanks.

Definitely a server problem, not related to iPhone client versions, because I bought a .99 client named QEver to see if it helps and experienced the same problem there. Whenever photo is taken by camera, then it also returns error.

Thought I would share my experience of this situation:

My company makes an app for iPad (Report Monster) which can send photo-based pdf/kmz reports to Evernote. Our files can be anywhere up to 6MB each. Until early November our Evernote export function worked flawlessly - we could export multiple large files all day long without any issues. After the Evernote 'upgrade' in November, our app became unable to upload large files to the Evernote server on a consistent basis. We even saw files as small as 100kB fail on a regular basis! The problem seems very inconsistent and sometimes a full 6MB file uploads without any issue. To cut a long story short, we have been communicating with Evernote for the past 6 weeks and have tried changing connection time-out periods, and even implemented a new custom SDK supplied by Evernote. Nothing has worked so far. Our export via Dropbox and Email still works flawlessly, and we made no code changes around the time when the problem began. I hope slowly Evernote will realise that this is a server side issue, and not a client side issue.

Phil,

Toggling Airport mode did not fix the problem for me.

I had one note that was stuck. It had one photo. It's a page from a recipe book.

I killed the EN app.

Then set iPhone to airport mode.

Turned iPhone airport mode back to off after 10 seconds.

Ran EN again. It started to sync. After a long time got Sync Failure as usual (log showed The request timed out)

I went into Settings to pressed Sync Now.

This I did 3 more times. The first two times got sync failure. The third time it succeeded.

Let me offer a diagnosis: The server(s) are overloaded and cannot handle so many people using them. Or perhaps they are set to not give high priority to some category of users due to location/usage/etc (explaining why we are not seeing hundreds or thousands of complaints). So the users need to try again and again until they finally and luckily get hold of some resource.

I do not believe there can be any workaround on the client side. I'll happily apologize if I'm found wrong.

I have downloaded the 99 cent client QEver to see if it helps. Same thing. Simple text notes sync'd quickly. Any notes with photos got an error.

I know emailing works and since taking photos is my main use case, I'll happily pay for a new app that takes photos and immediately sync to EN by simply emailing them to my address. Perhaps I'll make such an app and sell it.

So just to clarify, I reported this 1 month ago and there are still problems. Meanwhile Evernote 5 for Mac came out, Evernote Business came out, and Skitch for Windows 8 got updated. I guess sync problems are really a high priority for Evernote these days, but lets see if the businesses get a faster response

I'm at the end of my rope here...we have a business that teaches people how to use the iPad for real estate, and much of it revolves around an Evernote function that no longer works... And I see no obvious end in sight.

We also give iPad minis to every client specifically to use this function--taking photos with notes and having them synced so they have access to them at the end of the day.

This is embarrassing for myself now as well as Evernote. I've taught literally hundreds of people to use Evernote for this one simple task and now I look like an idiot. I need to change instructional videos and find a completely different solution for my own clients.

Sorry for the rant but I can't believe I'm paying for a premium membership so I can upload more photos...when I can't even sync one!

Ive had it.

I'm with you, BREL. Not only did Evernote 5 ruin the functionality of Places/Location, now I can't sync house photos at all. I'm sorry I signed up for Premium. If I were still a free member, at least I could shrug it off as "you get what you pay for." Ah, the irony there.

I'm with you, BREL. Not only did Evernote 5 ruin the functionality of Places/Location, now I can't sync house photos at all. I'm sorry I signed up for Premium. If I were still a free member, at least I could shrug it off as "you get what you pay for." Ah, the irony there.

Me, too.

I am not quite sure what the Premium thing is here....maybe I pay for the privilege of getting a useless EN App for my devices?

Come on, seriously, Evernote-Team. I am far more than only pissed. Get this working right now! It is a shame that you are not at least sending a signal that you understand and working on it.

This lack of communication an care for your customer is usually the beginning of the end.....

Florian

Well, I have stopped using Evernote with photos altogether. The sync was never very fast, and today it just doesn't work at all. Now I just save my text notes in Evernote, and upload all my photos to a robust cloud service. I'm a real estate appraiser, and I can't afford to spend an hour inspecting a property only to find that my photos don't get synced. I've already had to go out to a property and re-take all the photos because Evernote didn't work. What. A. Hassle. Thankfully, my soon-to-be cancelled Premium subscription will more than cover the cost for my cloud service.

I turned Airplane mode off and on and then I added some text to my note (that was previously just an image) and then it did Sync. Don't know if that's a true work around or I was just lucky but I thought I'd share that.

Thank you for trying to help. I did this after reading about it, but unfortunately like many others it did not solve the problem. But again thank you anyway.

Florian

i have the latest version of evernote on 2 PCs, and my iphone 5. the ones on PCs work pretty good, sync up very quickly. but the one on iphone5 doesn't sync from server. i can add text or new note, it will push to the server, but it won't sync back from it. :( any one has the same porblem?

Turning Airplane mode on and off did not help me. The problem is intermittent. It's possible during a re-send attempt it happened to work. It's like my car doesn't start, except sometimes it does if I try several times. I could turn my bedroom light on and off and try starting my car again. It's possible it got started after that. It's not a workaround, let alone a solution. Adding text will also work. The problem is with adding Photos.

To Evernote developers, have you lost your drive to be good engineers? This is a fun and challenging problem. You will be helping both your customers and your company.

If the problem is not reproduceable on your end, please contact me. You have my service ticket number 16051-185216. It's reproduceable 9 out of 10 times. Ask me for logs or whatever you need to diagnose the problem (except delete and re-install the app which I have done 5 times and did not help. Let's not repeat the same thing and hope the problem will go away.)

If the problem is reproduceable on your end, then what are you waiting for? Syncing photo and audio on iPhone should be your core business. Or is it not?

To Evernote product management, I understand you are trying to promote Evernote Business. Do you think a CEO or CIO would not research your product before signing up? I bet they'll see this thread. What impression will they have?

I don't get it.

Just to add a little data, on the hope that someone at Evernote cares about this issue, I am using Evernote 4 (don't like v5) so this is more likely a server-side problem than a client problem. Also, I travel by car, and it happened all the way across the country and was not localized to any particular region.

Turning Airplane mode on and off did not help me. The problem is intermittent. It's possible during a re-send attempt it happened to work. It's like my car doesn't start, except sometimes it does if I try several times. I could turn my bedroom light on and off and try starting my car again. It's possible it got started after that. It's not a workaround, let alone a solution. Adding text will also work. The problem is with adding Photos.

To Evernote developers, have you lost your drive to be good engineers? This is a fun and challenging problem. You will be helping both your customers and your company.

If the problem is not reproduceable on your end, please contact me. You have my service ticket number 16051-185216. It's reproduceable 9 out of 10 times. Ask me for logs or whatever you need to diagnose the problem (except delete and re-install the app which I have done 5 times and did not help. Let's not repeat the same thing and hope the problem will go away.)

If the problem is reproduceable on your end, then what are you waiting for? Syncing photo and audio on iPhone should be your core business. Or is it not?

To Evernote product management, I understand you are trying to promote Evernote Business. Do you think a CEO or CIO would not research your product before signing up? I bet they'll see this thread. What impression will they have?

I don't get it.

Honestly I just want people to read this again...

Thanks for your posts. As a possible workaround can you please toggle Airplane mode on then off and resync. This should allow you to sync again. We have been getting reports that customers are unable to sync after adding an image or audio file, and this workaround should resolve this.

Phil. It seems this problem is not understood at EN. Its not helpe by conflicting reports in this thread. Here is a specific scenario that I encounter since the new ios version.

1. take photo using snapshot.

2. sync fails with the 'unable to make http request error"

3. I change the title of the note to anything other than 'untitled snapshot ...'

4. sync works.

It seems obvious to me that diagnosis should begin with this simple scenario, and the issue with the post title.

I wish EN would take this seriously. A serious issue like this for a month is ridiculous. This is more important than EN Business.

--

Premium user since 2008.

Don't count your chickens. They added a new setting to "Choose" your image side for uploading. There is an "actual" setting that is the true size of your image. Sync still does not work for that setting. What you have to do is choose "large" or a small setting to get sync to work.

The fix is a cheap parlor trick that doesn't truly fix the sync issue, it just creates a workaround that saves them the hassle of fixing it once and for all and doesn't allow you/us to sync "actual" sized photos in notes.

Don't count your chickens. They added a new setting to "Choose" your image side for uploading. There is an "actual" setting that is the true size of your image. Sync still does not work for that setting. What you have to do is choose "large" or a small setting to get sync to work.

The fix is a cheap parlor trick that doesn't truly fix the sync issue, it just creates a workaround that saves them the hassle of fixing it once and for all and doesn't allow you/us to sync "actual" sized photos in notes.

Good. That is what I was hoping they would do. I do not want 2MB photos loading up my Evernote account and requiring a Premium membership just to upload and store notes with photos.

Good. That is what I was hoping they would do. I do not want 2MB photos loading up my Evernote account and requiring a Premium membership just to upload and store notes with photos.

Fair enough. Horses for courses. I have a premium account and store photos of handwritten meeting notes. Cheers

i have created a couple of notes with multiple pictures whit the actual setting turned on and all notes sync without problems. So I am glad this seems to be fixed for me niw.

(I agree that it is a bit of a cheap trick to reduce traffic this way.ll)

Thanks Judd6149. You are correct - I only tested the lower resolutions but I confirm that sync still fails for actual size. This is a cheap workaround. Very disappointing. I also note that the 5.1.1 release notes only says 'bug fixes'. No specifics. This feels like a cover-up and no responsibility being taken. Not even full admission of the problem. This is the first ***** in the EN armour I have really seen.

Thanks Judd6149. You are correct - I only tested the lower resolutions but I confirm that sync still fails for actual size. This is a cheap workaround. Very disappointing. I also note that the 5.1.1 release notes only says 'bug fixes'. No specifics. This feels like a cover-up and no responsibility being taken. Not even full admission of the problem. This is the first ***** in the EN armour I have really seen.

Totally agree. I think they just believe that about 80% of their users will upload smaller image notes now and that this will fix their problem.

i would also like to see a more detailed release notes overview for this last version!

Colin, I agree on the "bug fixes" comment on the update: first thing I thought of was cover-up; ducking the issue; not taking ownership. I am really surprised at this from Evernote. Syncing images ... of any size ... is a key feature of EN. That is why it is one of three buttons they promote to take notes with.

EN, are you actually listening? Are you acting like a company that has been around for 100 years (old and unresponsive) or are you trying to create a company that people will continue to trust and rely for100 years to come?

Just fix this problem once and for all ... and then address the already outdated redesign of the iOS app.

Fair enough. Horses for courses. I have a premium account and store photos of handwritten meeting notes. Cheers

Mine still isn't working. Help!!

Evernote Food iOS just got an update today. Great. Keep shipping the new stuff when you can't get your bread and butter (premium users, too) product to do what it is supposed to: sync. I looked in the settings for Food ... guess what? There is an image size option for uploading pictures (the whole point of using food). There is no "actual" option for image sizing. No wonder ... that is what they can't fix in EN iOS.

Just fix sync completely in your core product. If you only had a competitor breathing down your necks.

Same for me. Still not syncing despite the new version today.

I worked once with a note that only contained an image size "Large".

Then I tried with actual size : failed.

Then with mutliple images size "Large" : failed.

But most incredible : now it fails even with a note that only contains an image size "Large" (which worled only once just after I downloaded the newer version !)

Please evernote fix this ASAP.

This is a clear sign of a failing internet company.

Instead of complaining, let's research alternatives and post them here. If there is a competing product that can take photos and do OCR searching, I'll move instantaneously and pay for a different service. Google Drive? OfficeDrop? SugarSync?

My Nevernote premium account will expire mid January. Bye.

This is a clear sign of a failing internet company.

Instead of complaining, let's research alternatives and post them here. If there is a competing product that can take photos and do OCR searching, I'll move instantaneously and pay for a different service. Google Drive? OfficeDrop? SugarSync?

My Nevernote premium account will expire mid January. Bye.

It's a fine line between complaining and voicing frustration. I don't want to leave, rather I would like it fixed. That being said ... there isn't a straight up competitor that could offer the unique servies/features. if there was ...

Actually one that looked good was Catch. Not as fully featured ... https://catch.com/

An update on this is that we have a bug in our load balancer, our load balancer software vendor is aware of this and is making available a patch that will fix the HTTP Request Timeout issues that you are running in to when submitting images/files to your client. I will update this post once we have a confirmed fix with the new software. So sorry for the inconvenience but we have identified the issue and are addressing it as quickly as we can.

An update on this is that we have a bug in our load balancer, our load balancer software vendor is aware of this and is making available a patch that will fix the HTTP Request Timeout issues that you are running in to when submitting images/files to your client. I will update this post once we have a confirmed fix with the new software. So sorry for the inconvenience but we have identified the issue and are addressing it as quickly as we can.

Thanks for the update. A little communication (with substance) goes a long way.

Official communication at last!! Thanks for the update. I must admit disappointment that it required 97 postings that started well over a month ago (10th Nov was the original post), multiple people raising the issue with customer support and still more people tweeting. Good to know the problem has been identified though.

Archived