• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
gock

Marxico - The Missing Markdown Editor for Evernote

Idea

Marxico is a delicate Markdown editor for Evernote. With reliable storage and sync powered by Evernote, Marxico offers greate writing experience.

• Versatile - supporting code highlight & LaTex, inserting images by all means.
  • Exquisite - neat but powerful editor, featuring offline docs, shortcuts, live preview
  • Sophisticated - deeply integrated with Evernote, supporting notebook & tags, two-way bind editing.

Visit the website http://marxi.co , or download the offline Chrome App!

1.png

2.png

3.png

2 people like this

229 replies to this idea

hi,

very impressive application, but I have some feature requests:
Import from desktop application
export to desktop application
export to evernote as markdown and not as html
1 person likes this

Thanks for your advice! It is a little hard to communicate data with desktop application, at least I have no idea now. I'll investigate it.

hi,

Hi,

It looks great.

I could save notes to Evernote from marxi.co, yet when I click in the Evernote Web App on the red ribbon to edit the note I get 404 error instead of opening the note in marxi.co

Why is that?

1 person likes this

@Royi   Thanks for your feedback. The bug is quite weird. Have you tried another time ? Or another note? 

Hi,

It looks great.

I could save notes to Evernote from marxi.co, yet when I click in the Evernote Web App on the red ribbon to edit the note I get 404 error instead of opening the note in marxi.co

Why is that?

It looks most impressive, Gock! :) :) :)

Does the App work on both Windows and Android?

Sorry it doesn't work on mobile. But it can run on almost all desktop platform, as long as you get Chrome. :)

Gock, in relation (I think) to this post by Loriswave, as well as to the question in my other post - wouldn't anything created in Marxico be saved to the Evernote servers, provided you link it to your EN account, and later acessible for viewing & editing, just as with any other note *not* created using your program?

hi,

Well that was certainly a quick reply! :P. Any future plans to include mobile devices?

Sorry it doesn't work on mobile. But it can run on almost all desktop platform, as long as you get Chrome. :)

To be honest, I'm not quite sure about that. Because the desktop version still needs a lot of work and enhancement. I'll focus on it first. 

Well that was certainly a quick reply! :P. Any future plans to include mobile devices?

I guess you are concerned with your privacy?  I promise:

1. Marxico wouldn't save any notes data on its own server.

2. Marxico wouldn't get any note that is not created by Marxico.

Theoretically, Marxico does have the ability to do something evil, but it wouldn't do that. Just like the other cloud services that make your life more convenient. So please don't worry. :)

Gock, in relation (I think) to this post by Loriswave, as well as to the question in my other post - wouldn't anything created in Marxico be saved to the Evernote servers, provided you link it to your EN account, and later acessible for viewing & editing, just as with any other note *not* created using your program?

hi,

@Royi   Thanks for your feedback. The bug is quite weird. Have you tried another time ? Or another note? 

Hi,

It looks great.

Why is that?

Tried different times, computers, etc...

Same result:

N47xKxI.png

What's wrong?

Oops, it was a bug! The moment I saw your screenshot, I immediately realized what was wrong. It is OK now, please try again. Thank you very much!

Hi,

It looks great.

Why is that?

Tried different times, computers, etc...

Same result:

N47xKxI.png

What's wrong?

@gock,

Thanks it seems to be working now.

Do you think you can add Google Drive integration with real time collaboration?

Thanks.

I'm afraid not. Marxico would focus on Evernote for a long time.

@gock,

Thanks it seems to be working now.

Do you think you can add Google Drive integration with real time collaboration?

Thanks.

Gock, if it's me your replying to, no I'm not concerned about security (well, not in this case ;) ), what I was trying to ask was this:

If notes are prepared in Marxico and saved to Evermote, can these same notes opened and added to, and/or edited, right in side the desktop Evernote app itself? Or do you have to open them in Marxico to edit and/or add to them?

Also,

* Do you have a price point in mind for your final product?

* Could this software also be use to prepare formatted blog posts drafts for WordPress?

I guess you are concerned with your privacy? I promise:

Theoretically, Marxico does have the ability to do something evil, but it wouldn't do that. Just like the other cloud services that make your life more convenient. So please don't worry. :)

hi,

Sorry I got you wrong. As mentioned in the welcome document, currently you can only edit your notes in Marxico. Marxico cannot recognize the modifications you made in Evernote. But it is very easy to open a note in Marxico from Evernote because there's a quick edit button in every note.

About the price, yes, it would charge some fee when finally released.

I'm afraid Marxico won't support Wordpress in the near future. It will focus on Evernote first.

Gock, if it's me your replying to, no I'm not concerned about security (well, not in this case ;) ), what I was trying to ask was this:

If notes are prepared in Marxico and saved to Evermote, can these same notes opened and added to, and/or edited, right in side the desktop Evernote app itself? Or do you have to open them in Marxico to edit and/or add to them?

Also,

* Could this software also be use to prepare formatted blog posts drafts for WordPress?

Theoretically, Marxico does have the ability to do something evil, but it wouldn't do that. Just like the other cloud services that make your life more convenient. So please don't worry. :)

hi,

Thank you. :) I look forward to hearing more about you app as time progresses.

Sorry I got you wrong. As mentioned in the welcome document, currently you can only edit your notes in Marxico. Marxico cannot recognize the modifications you made in Evernote. But it is very easy to open a note in Marxico from Evernote because there's a quick edit button in every note.

About the price, yes, it would charge some fee when finally released.

I'm afraid Marxico won't support Wordpress in the near future. It will focus on Evernote first.

Also,

hi,

Awesome job!! I really loved your app's design and idea but for me it's pretty useless if it doesn't sync my notes. Should I wait for updates or you'll never support that feature?? 

Sync notes? You mean sync to Evernote? It has already supported that! Either I get you wrong, or you had experienced some weird bugs.

Awesome job!! I really loved your app's design and idea but for me it's pretty useless if it doesn't sync my notes. Should I wait for updates or you'll never support that feature?? 

Your idea is great. I really like it. But right now there are too many bugs. In five minutes it crashed my desktop Evernote client and web version doesn't load anymore. Local version sync only new content for web. And it's just critical bugs.

I really wish luck to this project, but it's unusable right now.

Ok, not sync with desktop but please add the possibility to resend to Evernote the plain markdown text, so you can edit the file without marxico on android.

My workflow is based on windows and Android so I need full compatibility.

Sync notes? You mean sync to Evernote? It has already supported that! Either I get you wrong, or you had experienced some weird bugs.

Yeah, Marxico syncs the content that I create within it to  Evernote but it doesn't "load" what I've previously had written in the official web page or the android client.  

Marxico can only sync and edit notes created by itself. Your previous notes wouldn't be synced. Because Marxico couldn't parse them asMarkdown.

Yeah, Marxico syncs the content that I create within it to  Evernote but it doesn't "load" what I've previously had written in the official web page or the android client.  

Hi gock,

Great tool. Would it be possible to save the actual markdown text as attachment (e.g. marxico.md) and use this as your source. Alternatively you could have the markdown text as note and the generated HTML as attachment. Either way it would place both source and generated content into Evernote. One of the things i'm concerned about is that the project in a couple of weeks/months/years might be discontinued and all markdown data is lost.

UPDATE:

Never mind, it was just pointed out to me that the content is saved hidden in the note. Anyways, I think having an attachment is preferable and much more obvious. I even could use an offline markdown editor to edit the attachment and use marxico (or another tool) to generate the HTML. Alternatively evernote comes up with a markdown view ;)

Enrico

Marxico can only sync and edit notes created by itself. Your previous notes wouldn't be synced. Because Marxico couldn't parse them asMarkdown.

Hi Gock,

Nice job with the app.

But it seems that the notes which was created in Marxico and then synced to Evernote cannot sync the editing in Evernote back to Marxico.

For example, I created a note in Marxico and then synced it to Evetnote. Then I needed to add something to that note, so I did it in Evernote. But when I open this note again in Aarxico, the 'something' that I have added wasn't there. And when I synced the note from Marxico to Evernote, I got a conflict error.