We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
silvershower

Restore "Top list view"

Idea

how do i tell it i want the note list at the top.... again... why do they always force layout changes that are worse when they do a new release

23 replies to this idea

Top list view not available in this release but is coming back in a future update in the next coming days. Stay tuned! 

• Thanks 3

In the "older" version there is an entry "Top list view". Actually very useful since it allows seeing and scrolling the selected note content in full width at the bottom

image.thumb.png.1f1568bff93e7d7a21edd36773c21602.png

The "new version" forces me to have the not preview on the right and the content is squeezed unless I am working on a wide screen with evernote maximized

image.thumb.png.2a89db8d1037ad411a331d4c786f62ab.png

Yup - same issue.  This battle was fought when they first came out with Evernote 7.  Love the innovation, love the highlighter colors - just need Top View back!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, Nick L. said:

Top list view not available in this release but is coming back in a future update in the next coming days. Stay tuned! 

Just saw this. Best moments in my life:  1) birth of my kid, 2) hearing Top View is coming back. 

• Like 1

Wonder the definition of "next coming days".... Top View is a must have, without it I won't be upgrading to latest version soon on my other devices...

• Sad 1

Probably / possibly coming back in a later release...?

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

I wasn't aware that tags & locations were sort options pre version 10

I see a problem with sorting by tags since a note can have multiple tags.
Would notes be listed multiple times?

Yes, notes have multiple tags.  But you'll notice that each note has the tags listed in alphabetical order.  Sort by tag would sort by the first tag in a note's list.  

In my workflow, I use a combination of tags and notebooks.  So being able to sort based on both of these note attributes is important.

For example, after I filter notes by a particular tag, I want to see the various notes sorted by location.

I use 'sort by tag' mostly when I am sorting, organizing, and tagging notes in bulk.  For example, those in my inbox.

They  are useful features for me.   I hope they return.

22 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Tag sort hasn't been a sort option
Are you using the column in Top List view

Yes.  

9 hours ago, markdolph said:

Yes.  

I do that too...  very useful!

• Like 1

i will believe it when the feature is actually back. someone (or group) inside evernote who i hope no longer works there removed top view years ago only to bring it back when the outcry was so large it could not be ignored. this could be a test to see how many people complain.

1 hour ago, patanne said:

i will believe it when the feature is actually back. someone (or group) inside evernote who i hope no longer works there removed top view years ago only to bring it back when the outcry was so large it could not be ignored. this could be a test to see how many people complain.

I remember that. It was removed - but they heard enough users cite exactly why the feature was useful (e.g. full-width note viewing on small screens) and they brought it back. Props to the Evernote team for listening. This time - they have already said it will be supported but is not yet released. I can use v7 until it is ready. I think that is fair.

PLEASE make returning the Top List View a priority. For a traveling person (laptop) or anyone without a huge screen, this is a greatly missed feature. I'm pretty sure the developers and the software engineers all use screens bigger than anything I have ever owned.

Testing major releases with hardware the end users actually have was an early lesson my former employer learned when development was brought in-house a few years. It's a easy mistake to make, but it shouldn't happen a second time.

Thank you for the editor improvements. Ditto for the new list management functionality.  Finally!

Sort by Tag and Location used to be options.  They seem to be missing.  Only sorting by date and title are supported.

image.png.d0fc1d37b998604a3220743f5b74b511.png

2 hours ago, markdolph said:

Sort by Tag and Location used to be options.  They seem to be missing.  Only sorting by date and title are supported.

As per the discussion above, Top List view will be available in an upcoming update

• Like 1

As part of my GTD workflow, I used to sort my notes by tags.  Sorting by tags doesn't seem to be an option in the new version.  Can we get this back?

Also, I liked having my notes list on top instead of the side. How can I move it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jblukens said:

Can we get this back?

Top list view is planned for an upcoming update
You can also install the Legacy Version here

Please, get it back!
I would not switch to this new version knowing top list is missing

21 hours ago, jblukens said:

As part of my GTD workflow, I used to sort my notes by tags.  Sorting by tags doesn't seem to be an option in the new version.  Can we get this back?

Also, I liked having my notes list on top instead of the side. How can I move it?

THIS!!! No top view and sorting by tags? GTD / The ultimate weapon etc. toast with this new version. Who comes up with these changes? don't understand how a service we pay huge for each month compared to free options can mess this up so royally and not understand their users. Anyone have alternative software that you use? I don't want to use OneNote due to it being through my work account, I use evernote for both business and personal. It's time to start evaluating better options. Been an evernote premium user since it first really took off. 

I hope the "top list view" will be back soon. I was so used to it and now it's confusing... :/

Not only do we need the top list view back, maybe they could finally incorporate reminders into that view, so we wouldn't have to constantly toggle the view to see the reminders list...