Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Chrome

Any way to go back to old clipper?

clipper

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 alexkorf

alexkorf

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

You have to move the cursor probably 10x as much with the new clipper. Also, the stuff one could do with just a single click, drag and release now take a more than a few clicks. To add insult to injury, I cannot change the suggested folder -- when I move the cursor into the scroll list area the sidebar disappears (Windows 7 pro, dual screen setup).

This all is really annoying. Is there a way to return to the old one until the bugs and UI in the new one are sorted out?

#2 Aspi

Aspi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

+1 

New version Web clipper is really annoying. 

Looking for old version too.  For chrome.

Where i can get it?

#3 warsurplus

warsurplus

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

New clipper is combination Toaster and Blender all-in-one.

The new clipper combines the capabilities of a screen capture and annotation tool with the old clipper.  The problem...I already have an excellent screen capture tool in Chrome, Awesome Screenshot:  Capture and Annotate.  This tool is easier to use and allows saving to outside of Evernote as is often useful when performing a screen capture, such as incorporating into a report, emailing to someone with annotations, etc. 

This new clipper adds noise to what was an elegantly simple tool to clip content to Evernote for later reference.  Maybe this tool should be published as a screen capture tool but that space is crowded with great tools like the one I mentioned.  You had a great mousetrap, please bring it back.

#4 Kazum

Kazum

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Totally agree. 

#5 alexkorf

alexkorf

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

And on 2007 MacBook under 10.6.8 the new clipper simply doesn't work at all.

Well done, Evernote, well done. I'm back to mailing myself URLs. Can I get a refund on my premium subscription, because you have rendered it completely useless?

#6 Prison Rodeo

Prison Rodeo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

+1 on this. Reminiscent of when they broke Skitch.

#7 sportsman0811

sportsman0811

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

This version 6 for Chrome is rubbish. When it works...which isn't very often so far....it puts my clips to a "best guess" which has been wrong every time so far. That means I have to go in on my phone and manually change each clip to the right notebook.

What genius thought up this mess and released it without checking it? I'm a Premium user but not for much longer if this doesn't get fixed and quick! Or give us a way to get back the old clipper.

My business has got less productive the last few hours while I have been trying to sort this mess out. Like another comment on here I'm back to e-mailing myself URL's.

#8 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

http://t.co/hjJ0Gsnn0H

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#9 sportsman0811

sportsman0811

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

You should check out all of today's comments about this on Google Chrome Store. There is not one positive comment about this update. Forums all over the web are up in arms about this problem. You are doing serious harm to your business at this moment in time.

#10 alexkorf

alexkorf

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Heather, thank you very much. That works a treat.

#11 shaun

shaun

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Yeah thanks a bunch Heather. The old clipper has its problems, but at least it works (the new one doesn't save images for me) and is quick and simple to use.

#12 serioustiger

serioustiger

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Heather, you are awesome.

The new clipper is a horror show.  Classic example of product designers focusing on being clever and forgetting the user experience.

#13 JustinOz

JustinOz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

The old evernote web clipper does not memorize my account & login status. It's keep asking me to login.

After making clip I cannot preview it like we used to. Preview shows nothing in new window.

Can we have the "Real"  old version back for a while until the problem fixed??

Thank you.

#14 megsaint

megsaint

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I like the new version so far. No issues that I've noticed. The new look takes a bit of getting used to. 

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#15 JustinOz

JustinOz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

I like the new version too.  The problem is it DOESN'T sync to server. All the clips I took stuck and the icons' shown yellow numbers.

If i restart the browser all clips will disappear.  

This is forcing me to use IE / Firefox if that the web clipper plugin work on them.

I really don't want to do this, but I really depend on this note taking method..  this is killing me..

I like the new version so far. No issues that I've noticed. The new look takes a bit of getting used to. 

#16 megsaint

megsaint

• 812 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm not having any problems with it syncing. Have you tried logging out and logging back in? You may want to consider opening a support ticket. 

If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#17 megsaint

megsaint

• 812 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

And it finally remembers I want to save the whole page! It no longer defaults to "Save article"! This is great!

#18 lenarr

lenarr

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

A very useful tool, which I use to clip small parts of webpages (or anything else) into Evernote, is http://www.axonic.ne...ducts/click-to/.

My big beef with the new version is the fact that I can't turn off Related Notes. They just don't work. Even if the hits were relevant, having them there distracts me.

Thumbs down, too, to the endless mousing and scrolling that's being imposed on us with the pervasive "flat" design. That might work for tablets (I wouldn't know) but drives me crazy on computers and even on my android phone.

Thanks, Heather, for a way out of this.

Lena

Running EN on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and Android

#19 Perfect Faro

Perfect Faro

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Just a heads-up: if you plan to go back to the previous version, and you have 2-factor authentication turned on, it won't accept your password; you'll have to turn off 2-factor authentication before you can log in to the web clipper. So, Evernote is now forcing us to choose between functionality and security: awesome!

#20 George Goodman

George Goodman

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'll raise my hand (the only one in this thread, from what I see) to say that I like the new clipper, it works without fail (OS X 10.8.5) and for my uses doesn't represent an expansion of the clicks required.

Your mileage may (oh, hell; clearly your mileage DOES) vary.

george g.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote