Sync Issues/Connectivity Issues [Especially if in Vietnam]

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

Hi All,

As we know this can be frustrating for those affected, Evernote has implemented security features intended to prevent cyber attacks.

In some limited cases, these features may block users from accessing our service. We are working hard to prevent this from happening.

Please reach out to our support team, or myself directly, for assistance if you are being prevented from accessing our service.

• Like 1

I had same issue.

1. When I tried to login via Web, it just show white page and nothing happens.

2. I tried to login by reset password, it show error loading page.

3. I tried to login app via email: it's showing that :There was an error validating e-mail..."

4. Login via google account, it's saying I should update version but my current version is the latest.

5. Login via iOS app: it's saying has problem in connecting with Evernote( it has nothing with my internet connection)

I test with all browser: safari, Chrome, FF

It didn't work at all...

It's terrible.😖

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.20.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.11.07.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.22.29.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.26.35.png

IMG_C7E1D4FA178F-1.jpeg

I'm experiencing the same: a white screen on attempts to log in using different browsers (used two computers) during several last days. I have one browser which was already logged into web Evernote - it is working, as well as a Windows Evernote client and an Android one. Today I've got another error on attempts to login in with Firefox (not the white screen) - "Sorry, we're having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page."

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, daisy84 said:

it's saying I should update version but my current version is the latest.

Hi.  What is your current version?  Have you tried restarting your device(s)?  (That is - powering them off and then back on??)

• Level 5

Anybody who has a login issue can check whether there is anything down with the EN servers:

http://status.evernote.com/

If there is no problem (like maintenance) reported there, things are running. Then the problem usually lies with the own internet connection, some antivirus stuff, a bad install or shutdown of the app, wrong login credentials, ...

I found a solution: I'm able to login using the VPN in the Opera browser. I can switch off the VPN after I have logged into web Evernote and work there as usual.

But I'm still not able to log in without the VPN.

Evernote does not work properly in my Chrome browser.

Most of the time I can log in, but I cannot interact with anything on the page. If I refresh the page, it does not load at all. The Task manager shows the tab using a lot of CPU (up to 90%) and eventually Chrome asks if I want to kill the page. 

image.png.8cb0a80bf5163bf61ee0824eab5c98f3.png

I am able to log in using Firefox and type/create notes etc. After doing that in firefox, using it in Chrome worked again for a short while. However, after a few minutes of typing, the site froze again. It did not save the changes I made and I cannot interact with the screen. 

image.thumb.png.c38b0e17b5434b1604b8890c144ea8c9.png

This happened to me about a week ago, but I brushed it off as a connection issue. However, now I'm seeing that is not the case. Even just having that frozen tab open slows the rest of my tabs.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:54 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  What is your current version?  Have you tried restarting your device(s)?  (That is - powering them off and then back on??)

I already update window, update evernote.

Still error.

Hello.Evernote worked well before I reinstall my phone. It kept telling me that the internet wasn't able and I couldn't log into evernote right now. But the internet was good.I could do everything except evernote.I'm using lenovo android 5.0.Do you have any solutions for this problem? Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-05-09-14-38-55.png

A week ago, I encountered the same problem like this. Sometime I can login and can't login.  When I view Activity Log, here is the log:

18:24:33 [ERROR  ] [2820] [2256] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK
18:24:43 [ERROR  ] [2820] [2220] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK
18:24:45 [ERROR  ] [2820] [3196] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK
18:24:55 [ERROR  ] [2820] [2284] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK

I tried the Evernote Web version but it can't login too, it alway send 418 HTTP Status Code with a blank page. To post on this thread, I must use VPN.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Bigkhoai said:

The above problem occurs in many different locations, devices and operating systems

Hmmn. Very difficult to say what could be causing this - do you use a firewall or VPN software?  If you have notes that have not synced back to the server I would suggest that you export the database as an ENEX file to ensure you don't lose any information,  then try uninstalling Evernote and restarting your system / reinstalling the account to try to gain access.  If you use Twitter,  contact @EvernoteHelps to report the issue.

Hi all My Evernote has not and will not sync.  All the options are checked in settings.  I only use two devices.  It synced once when I started using Evernote in Feb this year but wont sync again.  I have 60mb left for this month.... I do the notes on my computer. I have attached the synchronization options, a clip showing only the two devices used and the web version showing last updated feb13th. Any help will be really appreicated.

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

Evernote does not sync iPhone images inside notes to the Evernote-cloud - they just remain on iPhone + show as whitebox (with or without black frame; sometimes with question mark) on Web, Mac, and my new iPad.

As I have taken such notes over a course of weeks/months/years and have about 2800 notes overall I cannot possibly tell what notes are affected.

So the advice shown elsewhere to "make a change to your note so syncing is attempted again" doesn't work anyways: even if I do this the result is the same (see attached: just added "abc")

All software versions are completely up to date.

If this persists, then Evernote - after paying premium for years - is actually unusable and totally failed me since I cannot possibly export data from an iPhone (that's a Mac/PC-only feature I gather).

If you can help in any way it would help me keep my Evernote account.

I've been a strong supporter of this tool and may have trusted it too much.

Thanks a big lot in advance!
Best - Maku

PS: Frankly, being in Software myself since 1981 I cannot understand what the problem is in keeping simple data as this synced properly. I'm not asking to drive a car autonomously. It is merely data in an extremely simple data model. There is exactly zero engineering challenge about all this.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-11 um 18.58.11.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-11 um 18.59.45.png

1D80D2C1-D857-4C43-88C2-B4CCC479B604.jpeg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Maku said:

Evernote does not sync iPhone images inside notes to the Evernote-cloud - they just remain on iPhone + show as whitebox (with or without black frame; sometimes with question mark) on Web, Mac, and my new iPad.

Have you contacted Evernote support?  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

• Level 5

Hi All,

We've received several reports of connectivity/syncing issues over the past weekend.

I'm centralizing those reports here, and I will follow-up as soon as I have more information.

If you experienced a syncing issue, please let us know here!

• Level 5

@Bigkhoai @self-start @ChauAC @Hanhhd @Ng H Nhan @Lam Tran @Andrew Lee @Rowena H @lexidesu @Maku

Thank you for reaching out!

To clarify, are you still encountering the syncing/connectivity issues? Or, are you now able to use Evernote successfully?

Let me know as we are further investigating into the possible root cause of the reported issues.

• Thanks 1

Include me with this problem too. I've never had problems with Evernote in this regard, but now I cannot do the following:

1/ Cannot sign into the desktop app (Mac OS)

2/ Cannot even sign into the Evernote website (https://www.evernote.com/client/web?login=true) to see what is going on with my account --- "Sorry, we're having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page." Tried different browsers.

The only thing that has changed in the last few days is that I removed one device from my (basic account) because I could not get Evernote to work on my iPad (and still doesn't work). But I suspect that is coincidental because I should at least be able to sign in.

Very frustrating... any help is appreciated. Thanks!

(Although this thread is old, I am adding on here because of the same problem on iOS.)

Problem: I can't use Evernote on a new iPad because of this error message:  "Problem connecting to Evernote. Please verify your Internet connection."

It only uses WiFi (no mobile connection). I have no other problems with the internet network on other devices or apps. Tried reinstalling the app and restarting the device. I also have an iPhone where Evernote works perfectly (I just checked).

Any suggestions please?

Related? I cannot sign into the web for Evernote, either. A poster said sometimes a country might change the firewall settings. I have no idea if that has happened here in Malaysia in the last day or two. I doubt my ISP would even know or volunteer that info... That would be another rabbit hole.

I am still unable to sync my laptop with the web version... I have just had my upload reset my 60mb for the fourth month and only been able to sync the first day I used it. i.e only use 1 lot of the 60mb per month upload, should have had 3 more times I could upload 60mb.

I have just noticed that my computer version is stuck on the date of Feb 13th... I can not get rid of the calendar or change it. Ive added a pic to show.

4.JPG

It seem most of these issues came from Viet Nam Region. I am having the same issue with both IE/Firefox/Chrome/Android/IOS. It's frustrating having no access to 5 years worth of note/book/recipes of my work. I don't have anything else to show beside all the same stuff above, there's nothing else we (the users) can do.

(android/ios) Continue with google -> Registration error, you cannot register at the moment (I need to log in, not creating new account).

(android/ios) Typing my email trying to log in -> Log in Error, you cannot register at the moment, likely caused by a bad connection to the internet (I can watch youtube/netflix on 4k just fine)

(PC) Log in with Web client -> having trouble loading Evernote web, try reloading -> Press reload and the loop start.

(PC) I install evernote app -> could not connect to server, check your internet -> uninstall fixed this problem.

In case some question about common sense show up, the answer is "Yes I've tried": fire wall, reinstall, admin permission check, add-on, check your internet (yeah....right). I'm afraid I cannot mess around my IE setting and Internet TCP setting (turn this one on/off, etc...) because it might cause chain problem.

21 hours ago, Shane D. said:

@Bigkhoai @self-start @ChauAC @Hanhhd @Ng H Nhan @Lam Tran @Andrew Lee @Rowena H @lexidesu @Maku

Thank you for reaching out!

To clarify, are you still encountering the syncing/connectivity issues? Or, are you now able to use Evernote successfully?

Let me know as we are further investigating into the possible root cause of the reported issues.

Until now, I still can't log in.

Still can not sync.

This morning it has frozen on my computer so I can not use it AT ALL.  I can not even exit out of it.

Edited by Rowena H
Discovered the app has frozen.

No change at all. The exact same problem persists until now. We just cannot sign in. No matter which web browser and which platform/device.

One of my friends did me a favour to check the problem from his side and was able to sign in (after a very long time) with Ubuntu Linux on a PC--- but that is a bit exotic!

I have even changed my DNS settings by using Cloudflare, but nothing works.

Thanks for looking into this urgently.

My log in email is not a gmail account (it's an icloud mail) and I've got the same issue here. I tried to log in by the app on my Mac but it's not working either. 

408624823_ScreenShot2020-05-13at10_12_29am.thumb.png.4bade907489cdd59294198a7a70d1e2a.png407071356_ScreenShot2020-05-13at10_12_19am.thumb.png.3d615025c6d9027eeeed3b064afdca17.png

I'have the same problem. My region is Russia, Saint-Petersburg.

I can't login at all (iOS app, web -safari & chrome)

But if I use VPN, everything works fine!

I think that main reason could be  backend filter (flud/api protection) or ddos protection on the Evernote server side.

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 12.38.12.png

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 12.38.50.png

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 14.52.10.png

Temporary solution: Use older Evernote web version, this work and let me access to my note again.

On the top right of your browser, click on your account's name ->> Account setting

You will then go to your Evernote account summary. Scroll down from account summary and check for "EVERNOTE WEB"

Click on "GO BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION". Now you can go back to the top of your browser, click "GO TO NOTE" on top right near your Account name.

Hello, I've been waiting since May 3, 2020, but the connection to the evernote service is still stuck.  I still can't log in if I log out.  If not, it cannot be synchronized.  I have checked again, other Internet services are still working.  Please try to help us how to fix it.

There seems to be a slight improvement. For the first time (in a long time) I can sign into a web browser to see my notes. Happy about that!

But I still cannot sign in from my iPad. Seems like there are still some persistent problems with iOS. It provides strange feedback such as not recognising my email address (username).

Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Big Khoai said:

Hello, I've been waiting since May 3, 2020, but the connection to the evernote service is still stuck.  I still can't log in if I log out.  If not, it cannot be synchronized.  I have checked again, other Internet services are still working.  Please try to help us how to fix it.

Hi. Did you try previous suggestions?  What was the result? - Sorry,  we can't guess what's wrong with your connection you have to help us by providing much more information.

Hi,

I will summarise here for all and then you can DM me Shane if you need more info. Thanks.

What I can do:

I can sign into Evernote using a web browser. I can access my notes from the web. That much is working from my iMac.

I can sign into the iOS application on my iPhone (latest version). That's good.

What I cannot do:

I cannot sign into the desktop application on my iMac. That fails and delivers this message: "There was an error validating e-mail"

I cannot sign into the iOS application on my iPad (latest version). "Error communicating with the Evernote servers." [Happens when signing in with Google]. "Invalid Email - Enter a valid email address" [Happens when signing in from my email address]

Note: There is no problem with my email on any other service.

Hope you can help sort out this pesky problem soon.

Many thanks!

I can't log in on Win 10 desktop - get this error.  Can't connect to server. Please try again later.

From Log: 13:02:47 [ERROR  ] [9800] [21916] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK.

On the web via Chrome is ok. 

• Level 5
16 hours ago, mylooms said:

I can't log in on Win 10 desktop - get this error.  Can't connect to server. Please try again later.

From Log: 13:02:47 [ERROR  ] [9800] [21916] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK.

On the web via Chrome is ok. 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Is the problem still happening? This sort of connectivity thing can be temporary and just resolve itself after a bit.

Hi, I have been trying to log in to the Evernote app on my windows laptop and faced the same issue. Tried reinstalled and the app just can't seem to connect to the server for the past couple of days.

Activity log says 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK

Appreciate if you can help to resolve this.

Evernote app on my MacBook Pro is crashing a couple a times a day and won't sync when I quit the program. It just keeps going on and on (spinning sync icon animation) until it crashes the app. Anyone else having sync problems on app on MacBook Pro? Ran the Activity Log. Full of syncing errors.

2020/05/26 17:49:48:461 I|*   26076 -[ENSyncEngine(Notes) syncNotes:retryOnError:ignoreClientUUIDs:] | Syncing 1 notes...

So, I posted about this issue earlier this month and I still have this problem. ( I see my post was moved here and it turns out I wasn't the only one with this issue.)

I'm using Google Chrome with Windows 10. I can log into Evernote and it loads my initial notes. After a few seconds I cannot interact with the screen and eventually Chrome asks me if I want to kill the page. 

Are there any updates on this issue? 

I can say though that Windgesskyhigh's workaround works for me as well. 

On 5/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, Windgesskyhigh said:

Temporary solution: Use older Evernote web version, this work and let me access to my note again.

On the top right of your browser, click on your account's name ->> Account setting

You will then go to your Evernote account summary. Scroll down from account summary and check for "EVERNOTE WEB"

Click on "GO BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION". Now you can go back to the top of your browser, click "GO TO NOTE" on top right near your Account name.

I, in Vietnam, have been subscribing Evernote for 4 years with 4 devices. Last week I re-install a Windows 10 desktop and install Evernote app but face the same problem. Other devices (logged in from past) runs well.

Hello Khoai,

I'm based in Vietnam as well. I too have been experiencing the white screen after writing down my email address/username on Evernote Web. This has been an existing issue for weeks already.

Here is my workaround so far: use the 'continue with Google' button. I really did not want to do this because I don't want my other internet accounts linked to my main Gmail. But somehow, this has allowed me to login to Evernote Web (tested on Firefox and Chrome) and got me to reply to this forum.

Also, I have tested it with the Evernote App (Mac -- macOS Catalina, Evernote -- app version 7.14). But I'm getting a message saying, 'Please check your internet connection and try again later'. Which clearly isn't the case since I got it working on Evernote Web.

Again, the above is only a workaround. The login issue still persists.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

To wrap this up - check your internet connection, check this support doc:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313378-How-to-troubleshoot-syncing-issues

If it still does not connect, try these current work arounds:

• On the web client: Use the old version, if you can access
  • Try to change your current IP - with some Internet Service Providers, switching the router off and on again will force the release of a new IP. Empty your browser cache before reconnecting to EN.
  • In general: Use a VPN, probably try to choose an exit node in another region, like US or EU.

When I login I get this screen

1292806312_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_52_13PM.thumb.png.7a6e991600af84da35c73b506aa16da8.png

But no matter what I press I get this screen

724903442_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_52_20PM.thumb.png.0ff8a2a3e5793396a0c6b06fc9b31adc.png

I tried reloading and I trying logging in again. No luck - can't get to anything else. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 4.52.20 PM.png

Edited by sheri@rjmmusic.com
removed extra graphic that was in their twice

Im still having issues with it not syncing and Im pretty sure it is the same account...i.e I didnt accidentally set up another account. I opened Evernote on my computer then went to Help and opened Go to my Account then click on go to notes so it is the same account. Ive tried using the old version and the new version.  IO have an HP Envy 360 that has just come out of the shop today.  I use chrome but I tried logging in on Explorer incase that was the issue.

Hi,

Evernote for Windows is not uploading my notes. When it syncs, only the notes created on Evernote Web get downloaded. It is very frustrating. I have already talked with the support, but there is not solution for the issue.

I have uninstalled the program, logged off, rebooted, logged in again, tried to synch, checked Internet Explorer advanced connection options (all looks good)... I suppose there is something wrong with the application. There is nothing from my side I believe I can do anymore.

Any thoughts about it?

• Level 5
19 hours ago, lorenadana said:

Hi,

Evernote for Windows is not uploading my notes. When it syncs, only the notes created on Evernote Web get downloaded. It is very frustrating. I have already talked with the support, but there is not solution for the issue.

I have uninstalled the program, logged off, rebooted, logged in again, tried to synch, checked Internet Explorer advanced connection options (all looks good)... I suppose there is something wrong with the application. There is nothing from my side I believe I can do anymore.

Any thoughts about it?

Honestly, my thought would be, "Please don't post the same issue multiple times in different, unrelated threads." It causes confusion. I've replied to one of your other posts here:

On 6/3/2020 at 6:18 AM, PinkElephant said:

To wrap this up - check your internet connection, check this support doc:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313378-How-to-troubleshoot-syncing-issues

If it still does not connect, try these current work arounds:

• On the web client: Use the old version, if you can access
  • Try to change your current IP - with some Internet Service Providers, switching the router off and on again will force the release of a new IP. Empty your browser cache before reconnecting to EN.
  • In general: Use a VPN, probably try to choose an exit node in another region, like US or EU.

VPN is the only solution. I had the issue logging in on my android device and Windows. Both had no issues once I used a VPN. This seems to be a VIETNAM issue. 

• Like 1

Hi, I can't connect to Evernote from my computer and my phone.
I don't know how to fix it.

I have tried many times connect to Evernote and trying to use Google account for connect but it can't work.

Please, help me.

Thanks.

image.png.21f2e873be33a711e84880d60a8801ab.png

IMG_0020.PNG

• Level 5

Hi All,

It is possible that some IP addresses are being blocked by our security measures. 

In these situations we recommend using a VPN to change your IP address. For most customers, using a VPN resolves the issue.

If you're not familiar with VPN's we recommend taking a look at this article. We can't recommend a specific VPN but this article suggests a few reputable options.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me via DM!

always show this error after login:

This page isn’t working
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 418

this error happen months ago but still not fixed, many many user reported it

Using VPN can successfull login

26-06-2020_06-41-57-PM_JYS.png

26-06-2020_06-44-56-PM_6XY.png

On 6/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

It is possible that some IP addresses are being blocked by our security measures. 

In these situations we recommend using a VPN to change your IP address. For most customers, using a VPN resolves the issue.

If you're not familiar with VPN's we recommend taking a look at this article. We can't recommend a specific VPN but this article suggests a few reputable options.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me via DM!

I do my office work using Evernote. Most of my notes are on Evernote. Now you provide us a solution where we have to do VPN? Seriously? Is this how the solutions are found at Evernote? This seems an old problem Since I have paid the yearly subscription fee I am not able to use native app on any of my machines (logged out), and can't us web login via user account as it shows white page. Only way to login now is to use via Google login. That is the only way. No desktop app can connect and that is making me think to ask for my money back and go to another service who do not give a solution where we have to hope around and use vpn etc to access a service that must be normally available. 

• Level 5

IP blocking is a known strategy to reduce security issues.

So it seems it Is the security of many vs. the usability of a few. Not nice if you belong to the few, that encounter access problems by that.

Maybe you could try a service like DNSCloak, which is not a full VPN, but helps to avoid some security issues as well.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, ADV said:

I do my office work using Evernote. Most of my notes are on Evernote. Now you provide us a solution where we have to do VPN? Seriously? Is this how the solutions are found at Evernote? This seems an old problem Since I have paid the yearly subscription fee I am not able to use native app on any of my machines (logged out), and can't us web login via user account as it shows white page. Only way to login now is to use via Google login. That is the only way. No desktop app can connect and that is making me think to ask for my money back and go to another service who do not give a solution where we have to hope around and use vpn etc to access a service that must be normally available. 

Is it EN specifically or your office network that is blocking your access to EN?  Can you access EN from home?

I encounted the same issue for days. Could not login in desktop app or browser (app shows 'Cant connect to server'; in browser, login page is totally blank).

As suggested by above guys, I tried an abroad VPN service. With VPN, I could login successfully (both in app and browser).

And if I disable VPN, everything still works fine (can sync notes)! That means I only need VPN to handle login issue.

Please help, one of my account is facing problem. Recently, After I reset my windows 10 laptop and then re-installed Evernote, I was not able to sign in to Evernote using my email or even trough the google button as I was using gmail (can't connect to server error), when I check the log, it was http problem:

Evernote for Windows 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public
Memory: 25.1 MB

Bootstrap info: loadedFresh
<bootstrap_info><profile name="Evernote"><settings account_email_domain="m.evernote.com" cardscanUrl="https://cscan.evernote.com/cardagain" enable_facebook_sharing="1" enable_gift_subscriptions="1" enable_google="1" enable_linkedin_sharing="1" enable_shared_notebooks="1" enable_single_notesharing="1" enable_sponsored_accounts="1" enable_support_tickets="1" enable_twitter_sharing="1" marketing_url="https://evernote.com" service_host="www.evernote.com" support_url="https://help.evernote.com/hc/"/></profile></bootstrap_info>
---
19:34:29 [ERROR  ] [11580] [30096] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK

And then when I tried to use the web version, that account was not able to log in (internal error when I tried the Sign in with google).

However, I was still able to use Evernote with that account on my Iphone.

Please Help.

Same connectivity issues from Thailand. Web doesnt work, UNTIL I put VPN in Opera on.  With VPN working I CAN log in.

Windows 10 evernote app latest version does NOT work. It says: cant connect to server. please try later.

Log entry:  0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK

1 hour ago, Shane D. said:

@KanonxTWGOK Thank you for reaching out!

To clarify, does your issue sound similar to this?

Yes, its the same thing, I'm from Vietnam too.

Btw, thanks to this post that you mentioned, I was able to get around with VPN but its quite annoying. 

Hi,

I'm also currently facing similar issue with everyone else. I've lodge a ticket, but now, i can't view the message in the "My Request". Tried with VPN as well and still doesn't work. Anyone I can PM with my ticket number for follow up?