Public Bug Tracker

• Evernote Expert

I think it remains to be seen if it will function. It is currently a manually produced document which reports only those things which have been addressed. It says nothing about what's in the pipeline or issues reported but not being looked at so far.

My guess is that it will prove to be too much trouble to keep up to date. But we'll see. I could be wrong - it has been known.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mackid1993 said:

Hopefully they actually use it. This is a step in the right direction for sure

Absolutely, this would definitively help.

Edit: .. and it could have taken a lot of guessing and heat out of the forum in the past months.

So hopefully they actually provide useful information and keep it alive...

• Like 1

I don't want to be negative, but am I the only one underwhelmed by this? This bug tracker appears to simply summarize the release notes of the last couple of releases in a new format.

This might be a slightly more convenient format to scan for bug fixes compared to reading the release notes, but until or unless they implement known and "in-progress" bugs, the utility feels pretty marginal to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Paul A. said:

unless they implement known and "in-progress" bugs, the utility feels pretty marginal to me.

The tag bug was in progress until it was fixed yesterday. I think going forward any bugs that are widespread and generating a lot of support tickets will be listed but not every itty bitty bug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
12 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I don't want to be negative, but am I the only one underwhelmed by this? This bug tracker appears to simply summarize the release notes of the last couple of releases in a new format.

No. Se my post further up...

On 8/14/2024 at 12:18 AM, Paul A. said:

This might be a slightly more convenient format to scan for bug fixes compared to reading the release notes, but until or unless they implement known and "in-progress" bugs, the utility feels pretty marginal to me.

My view:

• They're using EN by itself 👍. The (manually managed) note is shared so we can take it to our accounts (readonly) to include it in local searches. A very good idea 🤗
  • The list might get enhanced by ...
    • ... a list of ticket-numbers as an additional column. This would ease discussions and our personal tracking...
    • ... splitting information to several columns (Status, Client(s), Version)
    • ... removing column "Author". Is it important to users, who updated the list?

On 8/13/2024 at 4:50 PM, agsteele said:

My guess is that it will prove to be too much trouble to keep up to date. But we'll see. I could be wrong - it has been known.

Yep - as long as it will be manually managed... But they're developers and I think there are some people who will be able to maintain some procedures to move information from their internal backlogs to this shared EN document automatically (i.e. if the final QA has passed, a flag is set to the internal ticket. This might trigger the information move... 😉)

PS.: Here's my suggested format of the list

image.thumb.png.091a5296c6e1de0425f25346f54f03b7.png

The release notes for 10.101.6 say

image.png.dd551bd99550690c4346a7277b6694b2.png

The public bug tracker says nothing so that still looks like a complete lack of clarity and openness to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
On 8/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, Cristiano478 said:

In addition to the fixes, they are also sharing what they are currently working on. I like that.

image.png.aa7f0c5f2aa2e591b44d6f8edacf20c0.png

This is fantastic, they also updated it on a Saturday. I see a lot of positive changes as Bending Spoons seems to be getting their footing.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

If this wasn’t mentioned yet: It’s a fantastic example how fast & easy one can set up a public webpage with relevant content.

Just use an EN note, share it and shorten the URL by using a tiny URL service. Every EN user can do this as well !

Plus it is proof that the BS team uses EN themselves (something the usual naysayers here doubted without knowing).

• Like 4
On 8/15/2024 at 9:31 AM, AlbertR said:

[..]

• They're using EN by itself 👍. The (manually managed) note is shared so we can take it to our accounts (readonly) to include it in local searches. A very good idea 🤗

[..]

I exactly thought and did that too. But beware: Everyone can see every others EN-related mail-account and full name over the green button in the right upper corner, once they have taken this shared note to their account. If I click on the green button I see all full names and e-mails of the people having the note. Did not find a method to remove the note from my account again. Any suggestions? Thank you.

image.thumb.png.4d4a421d08a8c3d62261481e65b098e3.png

I'll be impressed when they start to add long-standing bugs to this bug tracker with an actual explanation as why it is taking so long (in some cases, years) to fix them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, AlbertR said:

Not really a need - but it's handy to have it in my favorites 😉

... so thanks to the last update from today, 17:21 o'clock
image.png.edc55b48737a73f358c9b8b13e2c8ca9.png

it was a pleasure to check it out to find fixes in  073 - Following internal links ... 

Just tested, and it's not fixed consistently for me. When I downloaded from website I got version 10.102.4, one point version higher than listed. Another poorly tested update from Evernote.

My basic testing is without even filtering, simply from the main note list clicking on a note link within a note. The first time I click it jumps to my most recently created note (which is not related at all). If I go back and click a second time, it works. I've replicated this three times across three different notes that include note links.

• Like 1

I wish the bug tracker would be even more transparent, what/if something is going on.

Take this:

image.png.5b054e58cc5f7aec7261e6532935e9f2.png

This bug (filtering within a notebook always results in a filtering result as if being in  "all notes" view) is on mobile (speaking for Android, 10.101.3) quite a while now. Are they working on this bug on Android as well? Would be nice, if the bug tracker was more transparent on these bugs when they are concerning all clients. Some (therefore) paying customers maybe use more than one device / os 😉 
Maybe an iOS user could check, if the bug effects iOS as well? Thank you.

EDIT: issued a ticket #3971483

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, thefryhole said:

Do we know how many people may have added the earlier shared bug tracker to their account, and so are potentially affected by this data exposure?

No idea, it's been removed.

• Level 5

There were two ways to access the information: By adding the note to your account - which exposed your email as long as the sharing lasted. Or by viewing it in a browser - this way no personal information was exposed.

Either way anything was only possible while the sharing lasted.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

I'm glad because the shared note was exposing the emails of anyone who added it to their account as a shared note.

Really? Like in using cc instead of bcc?

9 hours ago, thefryhole said:

Do we know how many people may have added the earlier shared bug tracker to their account, and so are potentially affected by this data exposure?

~40

13 hours ago, Feitz said:

Like in using cc instead of bcc?

Yep - it's normal EN functionality to show all people that have access to a shared note.
Our first impression was "Whow - EN itself uses EN 😉" - but it seems they did not know about this 😤

Too bad...  it would have been too nice...

• Why didn't they hide this property? (They're developers of EN - should be possible for them)
  • Why did they name EN workers within the list? (I think, this was the core problem 😉 - but so simple to avoid by simply editing the note only as one pseudo-user "EN-Bugfix-Mainainter@Evernote.com" (or similar))
  • Why didn't they give sharing people this information? (If people have a problem with their eMail, they could unshare or simply to not start to share...)
  • Why don't they use a pretty table now? (The shared note was much more better to read)
7 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

You had to add yourself to the note. It wasn't just done automatically. 

Sure, but you can't expect your mail address to be exposed to the internet by doing so.

• Like 1

Yes, that was bad. Unfortunately you had no choice to unsubscribe once you added the note to your account. I am therefore glad they deleted the note - although the format was surely more readable than their new web page.

4 hours ago, Feitz said:

Sure, but you can't expect your mail address to be exposed to the internet by doing so.

Yes you can. That's how shared notes work...it was a shared note that was shared publicly. 

Em 28/08/2024 at 16:23, mackid1993 disse:

FYI the tracker moved: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/32816633979667-Evernote-bugfix-tracker

I'm glad because the shared note was exposing the emails of anyone who added it to their account as a shared note.

I don't understand. The old link is still active and has been updated with new bug information as well as the new link. Which one is the official one?

Sem título.png