• Apple Watch support
  • Search in PDF files
  • iOS Widget
  • Share a note via email
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

How do you import ?

Just went to my camera roll, selected 4 pictures, share to EN, Title, OK. When I opened EN, the import dialogue showed very briefly, the note got created, all pictures show, is saves and syncs. Looks o.k. For me.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Shane D. said:

• Advanced editing options
  •  

Since the introduction of version 10, I stopped being able to edit business cards. I thought, it would be fixed in 10.2 but sadly nothing was there!

What happened to be able to have the shortcuts, followed by recent notes followed by alphabetized list of notebooks alwaysa in teh side bar Now I have all these notes coming at me in all the window and in order to see the basic overview (the list of shortcuts, recents, notebooks) I have to hover over the star or hover over the notebooks icon. What in the world? Is there a way to switch that view back or do I just need to revert to the previous version?

The ability to add tags again is good. Unfortunately, the clipper itself no longer works at all in iOS. I get a cheerful message in Safari saying the clip was successful, but when I try to find the new clip in Evernote, it’s not there. 

The search in a note is NOT scrolling between found words when there are many hits. Is that normal, intended, or am I doing something wrong? 

• I click the 3 dots up right.
  • Click Search in note
  • Type a word
  • I can see that there is 3 (or whatever) words found
  • I see that I am at 1/3 
  • When I click on the arrow (>) to scroll to the next word, I see that I'm at 2/3 word, but the note is not scrolling to the word.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Robert

• Like 1

Please keep these following in new version: 
1. Move note: keep the previous destination stack as the default like older version. 
2. Annotation: keep the annotation summary as before
3. Multi-page pdf attachment: don't use folded as default. 

The clipper looks like it works, but it doesn’t.  And the tags don’t stick.  Where is your QA process?  Why are you rolling out “new” (really, removed) features that obviously just don’t work with very little end user testing?  Please, please fix these structural problems.  I’ve been with you for over a decade and don’t want to move to another solution.

• Level 5
Just now, sthomson2 said:

The clipper looks like it works, but it doesn’t.  And the tags don’t stick.  Where is your QA process?  Why are you rolling out “new” (really, removed) features that obviously just don’t work with very little end user testing?  Please, please fix these structural problems.  I’ve been with you for over a decade and don’t want to move to another solution.

The tags stick. Just make sure the circle in front is blue and marked. No need to go back to the clipper window each time, just make sure the circle is filled with blue, and add the next tag to the search field, select what you get, and so on. When you use the return arrow, you will see the tags below the notebook selection. If there are no tags, you did not select them properly. Try again ...

The clips are not very nice, and it depends on the page whether it clips content, or a pay wall page, or a cookie consent. If the clip contains what you intended, you can go to the EN app, wait for the import, open the new note and click into the web clip field. A "Magic wand" will appear below. Click it, and it will convert the page to something better looking. Still not what the WebClipper produces on a Mac, but we are talking an iOS sharing function here, not a special piece of software. So probably there are limits.

It is not what I want, but it is a step forward compared to before.

41 minutes ago, sthomson2 said:

Just tried again and it worked.  Weird.  Wonder if there was a backend process not working when I tested earlier.

It works on my iPhone and not on my iPad Pro.  Tags seem to import and appear in the client at first but disappear as soon as it syncs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oddly, the tags don't stick for me either. I assign the tags via the iOS clipper and when I check my Evernote, it carries the tag during the sync. But after the sync, tag info disappears from the iOS Evernote app and my Evernote for Mac app. I'm dumbfounded as to why this happens and I find that I always have to manually assign the tags all over again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello from Germany !

After the update to 10.2 first all seemed to work properly (tagging possibility in Safari on iPad was back). Now (the next day) the evernote clipper (In Safari on iPad ) has vanished completely?!

Any clues ? Thanks in advance ...

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Anybody posted yet a support ticket on this ?

As far as I checked I have not lost tags on syncing, but will observe it closer.

I communicated with Evernote Helps on Twitter yesterday and they told me they would enter a ticket on my behalf.

11 hours ago, reeseypeasy said:

Oddly, the tags don't stick for me either. I assign the tags via the iOS clipper and when I check my Evernote, it carries the tag during the sync. But after the sync, tag info disappears from the iOS Evernote app and my Evernote for Mac app. I'm dumbfounded as to why this happens and I find that I always have to manually assign the tags all over again...

This is EXACTLY what I am experiencing

21 hours ago, rpigeon said:

The search in a note is NOT scrolling between found words when there are many hits. Is that normal, intended, or am I doing something wrong? 

• Click Search in note
  • Type a word
  • I see that I am at 1/3 
  • When I click on the arrow (>) to scroll to the next word, I see that I'm at 2/3 word, but the note is not scrolling to the word.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Robert

I am also seeing this, but only on IOS. Search scrolls to the next words on MacOS. An answer would be great. Thx.

On 12/2/2020 at 5:21 AM, rpigeon said:

• Click Search in note
  • Type a word
  • I see that I am at 1/3 

Any idea?

Thanks,

Robert

I am seeing the same. It's like they don't have automated testing implemented for their development cycles so are routinely breaking existing features with new releases.

• Like 1

Basic bugs still not fixed:

• Entering a horizontal line above an existing horizontal line positions the cursor after the existing horizontal line instead of between the lines.
  • Internal links are still ordinary https:// urls (instead of evernote:///)that open a webbrowser on the desktop.

Both have been reported via built-in support tickets (and confirmed).

What's their software QA process? Unbelievable! The poorest update sequence I've ever encountered in decades!

How is adding tags with the mobile web clipper a new feature when the mobile web clipper on iOS is gone? Along with all the sharing integration?

And what are the chances of us ever getting back to 1 or 2 click functions like we used to have on versions 9 and older? The update to 10 started burying common functions in menus or requiring twice as many clicks to do the same basic things like moving notes, and now major critical features are disappearing?

Am I missing something or are we moving backwards? If each update removes content and functionality, please stop updating.

• Like 1

Oh my iPhone 11 if I try to use the camera option to insert a document the app says “looking” and then sits there after it captures a document. I cannot cancel it and I end up having to force quit the app. If I use the camera option to insert a picture pressing the black button in the app does nothing. I can press it all day and it doesn’t take a picture.

On my iPad Pro 2020 if I select “auto” before I can even move my iPad over the document the camera freezes on “looking” and then just sits there but unlike my iPhone I can select “cancel” and the app stops trying to look for a document. While it is frozen it is frozen on a blurred image.

If I select “picture” as a choice pressing the button actually works and takes a picture of the document. So that’s 1 out of 4 camera options that works.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:01 AM, reeseypeasy said:

On 12/2/2020 at 11:26 AM, sthomson2 said:

This is EXACTLY what I am experiencing

Me too.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, Shane D. said:

New:

• Add a tag when using the mobile clipper
  • Add multiple attachments to a note at the same time (EDIT: @DTLow showed how to do this below)
  • Advanced editing options ((EDIT: @DTLow showed how to do this below)
  • Google Drive integration

I've tested all of the new features, and the ones listed above either do not work for me, or I'm not clear what they mean. I have an iPhone X running iOS 14.2.

• Tags from Mobile Clipper: Others have reported this above. I have the same issue. You can add a tag in the clipper, but it doesn't appear in the app when I sync the note.
  • Multiple attachments: When in the note editor, I go to insert attachment. When I click on one of the files to add to the note, it adds that file. It doesn't give me the ability to add multiple in the same window. I have to go again through the same process to add another attachment. Is this user error (I might not be understanding what this feature is referring to)? Or a bug? (EDIT: @DTLow showed how to do this below...user error)
  • Advanced editing options: What does this mean? Don't know how to test because I don't know what it is referring to. Can someone please educate me on this? (EDIT: @DTLow showed how to do this below)
  • Google Drive Integration: I see the content block for adding a Google Drive doc and the process to navigate to and add a Google Doc works as I would expect it to, except that when it returns me to the note, there is no link or insertion of the Google doc in the note. 

This video demos my experience (I don't know how to reduce the size of the video inside this comment...seems to expand to full screen). You can see:

1. In adding the tag via the clipper that the tag briefly appears in Evernote (you can see it on the note screen) but it goes away.
  2. I can add attachments, but they have to be one at a time.
  3. Google drive is connected, but the inserted doc doesn't save.

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Stacey said:

Advanced editing options: What does this mean? Don't know how to test because I don't know what it is referring to. Can someone please educate me on this?

In Settings > Notes we now have Advanced EditingIMG_3835.thumb.jpeg.a2fc7babcd580f2edd91981b19b7a0a5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
40 minutes ago, Stacey said:

Multiple attachments: When in the note editor, I go to insert attachment. When I click on one of the files to add to the note, it adds that file. It doesn't give me the ability to add multiple in the same window. I have to go again through the same process to add another attachment. Is this user error (I might not be understanding what this feature is referring to)? Or a bug?

Click on the ..., and SelectIMG_3836.thumb.jpeg.46bbb6440a6f3b8cce5408dfc2bcbfed.jpeg
This gives the multi-select option

• Thanks 1

Thanks!   Because of a post on Reddit, I discovered & downloaded the recent update.  

PRINT & Acrobat on Evernote IOS are back!!!  PRINT & Acrobat are very important for me & I’m extremely thankful that Evernote added those features back to IOS.  Thank You!

A few annoying Bugs remain, but the more I use Evernote, the better my experience; especially my ability to Edit my notes.   I like the new features, in particular the “undo.”  Undo is a life saver.

Find In Note is still an issue for me on IOS, but before my recent update, Find In Note worked in my new notes but not my old notes (12,300 notes +).

I’ve never used the web clipper so I’m not sure what that’s all about.  I save web data by doing old fashion cut-and-paste and snapshots/Images.  It works for me.  

I’m feeling better with Evernote changes in IOS.  Looking forward to ongoing improvements.  Thank You!

On 11/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Here are release notes for Version 10.2:

New:

• Print a note
  • Apply filters to search results
  • Add multiple attachments to a note at the same time
  • Move notes into shared notebooks

Fixed:

• Keyboard would occasionally flash when in "All Notes" view
  • Issue where the reminders badge was not aligned correctly in the note list
  • Occasional crashes when searching in work chat
  • Issue with exporting notes
  • Notebooks occasionally would not appear correctly in the notebook list
  • Fixed an issue where some notes would appear as view-only

Coming Soon:

• Table editing
  • Apple Watch support
  • Search in PDF files
  • iOS Widget
  • Share a note via email

When will iOS handwriting be restored to work as well as it did over a year ago? Taking notes with an Apple Pencil is incredibly frustrating now. It was incredibly simple, reliable, and elegant before. Suggesting a third party app for this feels like you guys are giving up on handwritten notes.

I’ve been a subscriber for years and I hate the work I’ll need to do to migrate if Evernote has no plans to fix this. 

• Like 1

On iPhone and iPad, Evernote is not seeing my Favorites photo album in Photos when I click on Insert Image. It’s seeing all the others, but not Favorites! That wouldn’t be nearly so frustrating if at least the little heart icon appeared in the thumbnails to indicate a favorite. Now I have to select the image(s) in Photos and send it to Evernote, where I can then copy and paste it into the destination note. Another setback in efficiency, ease and productivity. Thank you, Evernote. 😡

Can you PLEASE fix the broken search function inside a note with encrypted text? This has been broken now since the last two updates and it is very frustrating. At least let me know the status of the fix.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I still cannot use it on my iPad Air 2. It takes too long to start and much too long to switch notes. It actually seems to get worse. Terrible. The same happened to the  android version on my phone. I am now down to one platform, the legacy version on my Mac. I might soon switch to another solution because I don't expect a solution soon. The slowness seems to be platform related and I don't think there will be a solution. Sad.

16 hours ago, rmainva said:

Can you PLEASE fix the broken search function inside a note with encrypted text? This has been broken now since the last two updates and it is very frustrating. At least let me know the status of the fix.

@rmainva, opening a support ticket seems to be the more useful approach for getting the issue noticed by Evernote support, it seems.

Can't attach clips to note; ever since Evernote revamped the software, some notes were lost and the image/web clipper is essential, The sync arrows are on in the app, and no matter how much "refreshed" actions are used, the content do not get synced. If the app is "killed" or restarted, the notes are gone. I have resorted to using Microsoft OneDrive in the interim but this is not a "workaround" when Evernote is the primary note utility. Please resolve these bugs before release.

While users appreciate nice dark modes and such; the app has to work, more so from iOS users where devices are fairly standardized and iOS development more matured of sorts; thank you. 

example_non_sync.jpg

在 2020/11/30 在 PM11點20分, Shane D.說:

Hi All,

Here are release notes for Version 10.2:

New:

• Print a note
  • Apply filters to search results
  • Add multiple attachments to a note at the same time
  • Move notes into shared notebooks