Date and time keyboard shortcut

I use the date/time shortcut frequently inside notes. (Control + semicolon).

In the new Windows desltop software, I see on the list of keyboard shortcuts that Shift + Alt+ D inserts date and time.

l0QDuU.jpg

For me, it's inserting the date but no time. Does anyone have any insight into this point?

5 minutes ago, DrFrankBuck said:

In the new Windows desltop software, I see on the list of keyboard shortcuts that Shift + Alt+ D inserts date and time.

l0QDuU.jpg

For me, it's inserting the date but no time. Does anyone have any insight into this point?

I use the CTRL + ; myself a lot.

For the new version, Try CTRL + SHIFT + D for the time.

Wow, thanks! That worked on Evernote Web and Evernote Windows desktop.. That does give a solution...combine the two shorts and enter Shift + Alt + D and then Shift + Ctrl + D to get the date and time. Not nearly as convenient as Ctrl + seicolon and will take some getting used to, but that will work.

Along this line, I used to be able to insert the day-of-the-week + date via a shortcut, the format for which was selected via the Preference section.  Will this be coming back?  I used it a lot.  

Rick

=============

Later:   Thanks to CalS who pointed me in the direction of PhraseExpress.com, which provided an excellent solution, not to mention the price was great (free).  I tripped through the menu and was able to set up a separate folder for Evernote-specific shortcuts.  I called my desired shortcut "Log Date".  There is flexibility to generate your desired date format, but I had to do a little comparison-analysis to figure it out.  I got it done with a little trial and error, actually more errors than desired.  

LogDate.png

EvernoteLogDate.png

Edited by Junto
Found solution...

I used to add a date and time to my notes by using a hot key {Ctrl+ColonKey} but now since the upgrade it does not work. Is there a new hot key or an easy way to add date and time to the body of a note?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'm sure this will slow a lot of folks down; but I have spent much, much time deleting the time after doing Ctrl+:. I like having distinct functions.

Maybe Ctrl+Alt+D for inserting Date+Time?? :) 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Brian H Wilbur said:

MacBook Pro: The Insert button in the toolbar also included access to the Sketch function. Is there a workaround for that, or will the Insert button be coming back? Thank you.

This is the Windows forum and i'm glad to report that insert -> sketch works fine 🙂

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Chris_NL said:

This shortcut only inserts US date format for me. In the v6 it does give me the european date format. 

I gdet European format.  I think the format chosen is taken from the PC system settings.

• Level 5*
On 10/21/2020 at 11:03 AM, Donovon said:

I'm in the same boat, I need my old date/time in one shortcut, or the ability to create our own hotkeys. There doesn't seem to be any settings options in the new version

You can create your own with AutoHotKey or PhraseExpress or some other text expander.  Something I have done to work out the less smooth bits of EN, old EN anyway.  AHK example where Shift+Alt+;  produces 2020.10.21 11:53 AM.  FWIW.

+!;::
FormatTime, CurrentDateTime,, yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm tt
Send %CurrentDateTime%
Return

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 10/21/2020 at 2:03 PM, Donovon said:

I'm in the same boat, I need my old date/time in one shortcut, or the ability to create our own hotkeys. There doesn't seem to be any settings options in the new version

App preferences were not implemented in the initial release of v. 10 (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234). Supposedly they are coming in the future.

9 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

App preferences were not implemented in the initial release of v. 10 (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234). Supposedly they are coming in the future.

We are putting so much faith in the upcoming app preferences. I hope it will include many, many options like the current useable legacy version. I'm worried that it will only include a few cosmetic options that nobody has asked for. This could all end in tears. 😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
12 hours ago, Mike P said:

We are putting so much faith in the upcoming app preferences. I hope it will include many, many options like the current useable legacy version. I'm worried that it will only include a few cosmetic options that nobody has asked for. This could all end in tears. 😭

It's been pointed out that I'm putting too much faith in upcoming updates
Perhaps, but mostly I'm taking a wait-and-see view
The legacy version is working for me and I have no present need to update my software

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Perhaps, but mostly I'm taking a wait-and-see view

Completely agree. I think my point was just that some of the other promised features are fairly clear in terms of their scope but preferences could be almost anything. Personally I'm trying to use the new version as much as I can while providing (I hope) constructive feedback and helping others find features which are still there but perhaps not that obvious.

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, DrFrankBuck said:

l0QDuU.jpg

Same problem here.

Evernote 6: Shift + Alt + D = 28.10.2020 17:54 (my system settings since I'm European)
Evernote 10: Shift + Alt + D = October 28, 2020 (American format without the time) / Ctrl + Shift + D = 5:54 PM (that damn American format again 😫)

Would it be so difficult to fix it back?
I really feel like the internation clients like myself are forgotten here...
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 2:57 AM, CalS said:

You can create your own with AutoHotKey or PhraseExpress or some other text expander.  Something I have done to work out the less smooth bits of EN, old EN anyway.  AHK example where Shift+Alt+;  produces 2020.10.21 11:53 AM.  FWIW.

+!;::
FormatTime, CurrentDateTime,, yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm tt
Send %CurrentDateTime%
Return

Thanks CalS

it helps me a lot !!!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As an alternative, Evernote provides a download for the Legacy version.
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

Personally I CANNOT stand the new version.

1. The app width only shrinks to a certain size which does not work for my needs.

2. The shortcut functions and a few other things have changed, preventing me from performing basic functions.

It would be really nice if Evernote allowed users to customize keyboard shortcuts.

1 hour ago, ShanusPortellusVI said:

It would be really nice if Evernote allowed users to customize keyboard shortcuts.

All keyboard shortcuts can be changed or disabled from the keyboard shortcut menu.

image.png.d94572147b0b7d4ea922961c40f1e38b.png