Evernote the WORST EXPERIENCE

Since the "new" Evernote appeared the experience of this once great software is in total decline.

The experience is worse is worse - redesigns nobody asks for, constans GUI changes, added functions which ruin workflow.

But now after another "amazing" update the app doesn't START. Literally doesn't start. 

You guys are complete losers there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3
  • Level 5*

Hi.  You're mostly disparaging other users here - use feedback@evernote.com to register your distaste (no replies) or contact Support for actual help with your issue.  Plus - try uninstalling your existing app with Revo Uninstaller Free (Windows) or Appcleaner (Mac) and re-download / reinstall from Evernote.com to resolve your issue.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You're mostly disparaging other users here - use feedback@evernote.com to register your distaste (no replies) or contact Support for actual help with your issue.  Plus - try uninstalling your existing app with Revo Uninstaller Free (Windows) or Appcleaner (Mac) and re-download / reinstall from Evernote.com to resolve your issue.

Why should I do all this? Isn't Evenote a professional app made by professionals?

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't work!

Okay. No choice than. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Doministry said:

Why should I do all this? Isn't Evenote a professional app made by professionals?

If you want your installation to work,  it's occasionally necessary to do some minor personal fixing;  a reinstallation takes maybe 20 minutes,  mostly waiting time.  Yes,  Evernote is a professional app used by millions.  But they don't have a magic wand to fix your issue remotely,  especially when it may be due to something like a corrupted file caused by local internet connection issues. 

If you'd like more help,  please post your device and OS details and contact Support.  Otherwise we'll leave you to find an alternative note-taking service.  Your notes will be available (but not exportable) if you sign in via Evernote.com.  You will need a working desktop application to export notes.

Dear Doministry: non accetto che coram populo lei scriva: “You guys are complete losers there.”.

Dear Doministry: I don't accept that coram populo you write “You guys are complete losers there.”.

Cordiali saluti. / Best regards.

Roberto Valsangiacomo 

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you want your installation to work,  it's occasionally necessary to do some minor personal fixing;  a reinstallation takes maybe 20 minutes,  mostly waiting time.  Yes,  Evernote is a professional app used by millions.  But they don't have a magic wand to fix your issue remotely,  especially when it may be due to something like a corrupted file caused by local internet connection issues. 

If you'd like more help,  please post your device and OS details and contact Support.  Otherwise we'll leave you to find an alternative note-taking service.  Your notes will be available (but not exportable) if you sign in via Evernote.com.  You will need a working desktop application to export notes.

I have never experienced a software which needed TWO REINSTALLMENTS in half a year. That's why I think it's run by amateurs or kids right now. It was extremely reliable over the last DECADE on every device I've had. Issues started when someone took it over, now it's a software in beta mode. 

I have a Windows 10 latest iteration. Laptop. 

It's also not "my issue". It's an issue created by the producer. 

Are you saying I cannot export my notes?? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert

I think you've been offered assistance. A suggestion of a deep uninstall/reinstall using Revo Uninistaller has been made but you are reluctant to follow through. You can export your notes if you wish. You didn't ask about that previously.

Once fixed by the uninstall suggestion you have the option to export your in the app.  Otherwise use the evernote-backup process which you can download from Github to get the notes in ENEX or I have used a different application to export my notes as both HTML and Markdown.  If you need help with that I can search out the program I used.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

I think you've been offered assistance. A suggestion of a deep uninstall/reinstall using Revo Uninistaller has been made but you are reluctant to follow through. You can export your notes if you wish. You didn't ask about that previously.

Once fixed by the uninstall suggestion you have the option to export your in the app.  Otherwise use the evernote-backup process which you can download from Github to get the notes in ENEX or I have used a different application to export my notes as both HTML and Markdown.  If you need help with that I can search out the program I used.

I am not happy to use any outside, unverified software to uninstall stuff on Windows. Windows has it's own install/uninstall capabilities.

Why do I have to rely on the 3rd party software in order to make Evenote work? It's again the first time I am asked to use a 3rd party app

to uninstall anything, to make something work. It seems Evernote is really run by completely clueless people.

"Support" didn't reply to two of my emails.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Evernote Expert

Your choice how to proceed. The Windows uninstaller is notorious for leaving remnants of a program after the uninstalltion.  In the case of Evernote and other programs this leaves debris that can prevent a reinstallation working successfully. If you are not happy using the software suggested you can uninstall the conventional way but ensure that afterwards all leftover material is manually removed before you reinstall.

Typically this means deleting the following directories:

%APPDATA%\Evernote

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Evernote

The directory which includes your Evernote data.  If you haven't used the option to store your data elsewhere then that will disappear with the previous directories.

Documents\Evernote

Revo Unistaller will do all this for you and will be the option suggested to you by Evernote support should you get through.

When reinstalling download the latest version of the Evernote software from evernote.com to ensure you move up to v10.95.4

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The client IS NOT SUPPORTED.

Everything below 10.60 something is deprecated and will not sync any more.

Yeah. It's 10.8 😄😄😄

On 7/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, Doministry said:

Since the "new" Evernote appeared the experience of this once great software is in total decline.

The experience is worse is worse - redesigns nobody asks for, constans GUI changes, added functions which ruin workflow.

But now after another "amazing" update the app doesn't START. Literally doesn't start. 

Without the snark but I had the same experience today and I had to do a Revo uninstall. It worked but confidence now wholly shaken. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Why is your confidence shaken ?

They just proved even if an Elephant steps on your computer, your data is safe.

That they don’t run QA on their releases, and you are a guinea pig for the devs is another story …

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Why is your confidence shaken ?

They just proved even if an Elephant steps on your computer, your data is safe.

That they don’t run QA on their releases, and you are a guinea pig for the devs is another story …

My sense is that had I not realised straight away there was a problem the Web version would have synced to the version where most notes were gone. Plus I don't actually know if I lost notes since the note count has disappeared. The tag count also has disappeared and that was my only way of telling if search by tag was returning all notes (it often doesn't). I was trying to migrate away from Evernote anyway and I am now accelerating the process selecting apps I would not even look at when I had legacy. The new Evernote is not for me 

• Like 1
On 7/4/2024 at 10:14 AM, Doministry said:

No, no, no... You are totally wrong. The beginning versions of v10 were MUCH MUCH worse... 😉 

I do however understand why peoples confidence is shaken every now and then. I've had the same thing multiple times. Not getting an installation in control in such a way that a reinstall is only needed once every 10 years.......is developed by the same people who programmed the back-end that I trust my data to. "Cloud" doesn't mean it's safe... It's just someone elses computer. How it is developed, with how much care, control, safeguards, fallbacks is what determines how safe something is....... I hope it's a different team or in a different way from the front-end. 

Be aware, I am slowly getting more happy with Evernote. Like I said, I gave Legacy 4 stars out of 5... I gave the first version of v10 zero stars... When I transitioned (version, not body) I gave Evernote 1½ stars...  Now I give Evernote 2½ stars... Please don't look up how many stars I told in some other thread, it might be a bit different. 😉  But with the same magnitude of order in my verdicts. 😉 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Alessandra said:

Plus I don't actually know if I lost notes since the note count has disappeared.

The note count is still there, at least on Evernote Web. It is an option to turn it on or off.

• Like 1

Hi Doministry & other followers of this thread,

I perceived the same problem on both of my Win 11 laptops today  - causing a lot of discomfort.

This was my solution - the Evernote-APP is now running again on both laptops:

• Uninstall with the Windows-APP
  • Delete all remaining Evernote-data directories manually (approx . 5). I just clicked through the main drive's tree: program and users folders, particularly the users/roaming/evernote folder - NO specific software !
  • Reinstall and start Evernote. The Start-Menu now appears as usual. Of course, all local files need to upload again.

I assume that this hassel was not intended by Evernote -. something must have happened accidentially. I never had any issue for more than 10 years.

Cheers

1 hour ago, ghon said:

The note count is still there, at least on Evernote Web. It is an option to turn it on or off.

It is under settings! Thank you

Hello everyone!

For what it's worth, I was suddenly unable to start the desktop version about two days ago. I tried to use the WIndows uninstaller and re-install Evernote with the latest version x 3 without success. I started using the web version but found it to be slower to copy links, move notes, etc.

I finally gave in and used the free version of Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Evernote. In three steps it was able to identify files and folders that were left behind. Overall it took a lot longer than the Windows uninstaller. However, it worked great as I was then able to reinstall the windows Evernote software successfully. It's now working super well again.

Evernote has been quite good to me and I'm not certain what I would do without it. Having said that, it's been frustrating losing the productivity time dealing with this. 

After two days the Evernote "support" still didn't answer. After the automated response.

What a embrassing end to once great piece of software. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You got all he answers you need.

Not from support which should be the main source. Plus the answer is insufficient.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Welcome to support hell - actually on my last tickets, they had improved somewhat.

Yeah, my last few tickets have been better. I even DM'ed them on X and they answered my DM and said they'd reply to my ticket!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Yeah, my last few tickets have been better. I even DM'ed them on X and they answered my DM and said they'd reply to my ticket!

So is that the secret to getting an actual response rather than just automated responses to tech support requests? But I see on X in the @Evernote bio it says "DMs not monitored".

• Level 5*

I think the point here is that the normal support link seems to be working more quickly now.  I queried something recently and was told that they're aware and working on my issue - fixes coming soon.

• Like 1

I never want to live without Evernote again! It is essential and amazing, and the updates since it was acquired by Bending Spoons has been very intuitive and definitely progressive. I don’t know how to say this to not offend.... but people who aren’t intuitive or very smart will think something that is beyond their level of capacity is Bad. That is pretty much why the world is in the state it is in. LoL. thank you Evernote for being you! And not listening to naysayers and people with limited or absolutely no vision!

• Like 4
On 7/4/2024 at 4:21 AM, Doministry said:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't work!

Okay. No choice than. 

Because that is the nature of having a phone. You could just get rid of your phone... Then we, I mean you, won't have to deal with such things as your comments.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

I think the point here is that the normal support link seems to be working more quickly now.  I queried something recently and was told that they're aware and working on my issue - fixes coming soon.

I have no answer to any issue. Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Doministry said:

I have no answer to any issue. Pathetic. 

Did you reply to the canned response you got? If you don't reply to the canned response you won't get an answer from a human.

• Like 1

I replied to the automated response with logs attached as requested. Got an automated response to that.

I then replied with new and useful information on further pertinent findings I'd made. Just got another automated response to that.

I then replied with further pertinent findings following my own further testing and that of others on this forum. I also politely expressed my opinion on how discourteous it is not to have received any personal reply by this stage. No response at all to that.

When I'm paying $160 a year for a product which consistently fails to do what it should, the ABSOLUTE LEAST I expect is personal tech support.

I pay a lot less for other subscription products and services and get same day responses from actual humans when things go wrong.

It seems Bending Spoons is the only tech company that employs deaf/blind/mute tech support people! I suppose they should be applauded for this community service.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Ralph77 said:

I replied to the automated response with logs attached as requested. Got an automated response to that.

I then replied with new and useful information on further pertinent findings I'd made. Just got another automated response to that.

I then replied with further pertinent findings following my own further testing and that of others on this forum. I also politely expressed my opinion on how discourteous it is not to have received any personal reply by this stage. No response at all to that.

When I'm paying $160 a year for a product which consistently fails to do what it should, the ABSOLUTE LEAST I expect is personal tech support.

I pay a lot less for other subscription products and services and get same day responses from actual humans when things go wrong.

It seems Bending Spoons is the only tech company that employs deaf/blind/mute tech support people! I suppose they should be applauded for this community service.

Yeah, so if you choose the bug report option you will not get a personal response. They simply log those and use them for analytics to decide what to prioritize. It's not great I agree.

For day to day usage, they expect to outsource to the community or help pages. For account and billing issues they generally respond quickly, for issues that aren't a bug but are actually a problem specific to a user they will eventually respond. For bug reports, they will never actually answer you-- unfortunately there are way too many bugs as we know and they clearly can't keep up with them. It's just not great. 

3 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

It's just not great

You are the master of litotes! It's not great, it's absolutely appalling.

So what is the other option apart from "submit a support request" which is what I assume you mean by bug report, is sending a Twitter DM the answer these days?

58 minutes ago, Ralph77 said:

You are the master of litotes! It's not great, it's absolutely appalling.

So what is the other option apart from "submit a support request" which is what I assume you mean by bug report, is sending a Twitter DM the answer these days?

No idea, support is utter sh*t. Is that better?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/7/2024 at 3:08 PM, Don M Chestnut said:

Because that is the nature of having a phone. You could just get rid of your phone... Then we, I mean you, won't have to deal with such things as your comments.

The Evernote which doesn't start is a actually Windows one. And no, reinstalling the app is not the nature of the computer or the phone. Evernote is literally the only app I've ever used which has to be reinstalled to make it work. More, it cannot be reinstalled via the native Windows process, I have to use a "3rd party reinstall app of my choice". For these "programmers" it's apparently still 2005.

Since the whole app was taken over by new owners. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The uninstall process is caused by the local database, which is not touched by the Windows Uninstaller. I assume you don’t use other apps that run their own local database.

This you can see without any programming knowledge …

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The uninstall process is caused by the local database, which is not touched by the Windows Uninstaller. I assume you don’t use other apps that run their own local database.

This you can see without any programming knowledge …

I do use these. But in every other case the reinstall process is seamless.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

In the V10 timeframe I’ve had to go the Appcleaner/Revo route one time that I can recall, and I’ve had to logout and rebuild the local database maybe three other times.  Considering how many updates we have had, I don’t consider that bad at all.  The Legacy software had a rebuild database option that I had to use numerous times over the years, so I don’t view V10 installation really any worse than Legacy.  It is a minor hassle when it happens, but overall I don’t find it that big of a deal.

47 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

In the V10 timeframe I’ve had to go the Appcleaner/Revo route one time that I can recall, and I’ve had to logout and rebuild the local database maybe three other times.  Considering how many updates we have had, I don’t consider that bad at all.  The Legacy software had a rebuild database option that I had to use numerous times over the years, so I don’t view V10 installation really any worse than Legacy.  It is a minor hassle when it happens, but overall I don’t find it that big of a deal.

Another terrible idea from Evernote - despite gazzillions of meaningless updates every few days, these are NOT optional. They are always done in the

background. So if I don't want to hassle with updates at some point, it still forces me to do it!

It's the biggest software downgrade I have ever experienced.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

The updates often touch the database. Not updating means at some point a lock out.

Probably that’s what you desire. Given your series of posts you seem to enjoy being „the victim of evil forces“. Know what: You are victim of yourself - nobody will shoot the dog if you switch to wherever.

It will ease your pain, maybe (ours for sure, sparing us another post of this quality).

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Doministry said:

So if I don't want to hassle with updates at some point, it still forces me to do it!

What hassle?  It downloads in the background and if you don’t want to update, just ignore the message.

You don’t want help and your goal is only to complain.  Maybe you need to find an app that works better for you and move on.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, s2sailor said:

What hassle?  It downloads in the background and if you don’t want to update, just ignore the message.

You don’t want help and your goal is only to complain.  Maybe you need to find an app that works better for you and move on.

As I said before, this background update disabled the Windows apo. I want developers to bring back quality to the app I use for 10 years and pay for every year. And the quality is worse. No, it's not the problem of help. I should not make any workarounds in a "professional" app. 

14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The updates often touch the database. Not updating means at some point a lock out.

Probably that’s what you desire. Given your series of posts you seem to enjoy being „the victim of evil forces“. Know what: You are victim of yourself - nobody will shoot the dog if you switch to wherever.

It will ease your pain, maybe (ours for sure, sparing us another post of this quality).

Well forum is not your personal playground. If you have a problem with people having serious issue with badly developed garbage app out of the amazing product it once was, than don't reply. You don't offer any help anyway, just trying to "mentor". Forum is not a thanksgiving party. 

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Doministry said:

people having serious issue with badly developed garbage app

I'm currently running a 68,000+ note account on Windows 11 in daily use and have no more problems with it as I do with the Microsoft, Adobe, Google and other software that I run.

12 minutes ago, Doministry said:

forum is not your personal playground

A point well made.  If you need our help with technical issues,  or actually want to help another user,  then we're happy to see your posts.  But this is now degenerating into name-calling and argument between individual users.  Please stop posting rants.  it's not helping.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Also, there's "Ignore...

Since I use it extensively my feed is cleaner and my daily routine of seeing what's new on the Forum goes a lot faster. 😁.  If others, who are much more patient than I am - props to you! -, also made more use of the ignore function, these unhelpful posts would not be rewarded by responses and may even stop.

Vinnie

On 7/11/2024 at 12:09 PM, gazumped said:

I'm currently running a 68,000+ note account on Windows 11 in daily use and have no more problems with it as I do with the Microsoft, Adobe, Google and other software that I run.

A point well made.  If you need our help with technical issues,  or actually want to help another user,  then we're happy to see your posts.  But this is now degenerating into name-calling and argument between individual users.  Please stop posting rants.  it's not helping.

I agree in a sense that yes, forum users try to help and it should be the main reason why we're here. 

However if the user starts to convince me I do wrong if actually the company screws the app experience, what is reported by multiple users in the first place and doesn't bring any support, that is something I cannot accept. I am grateful for help but not for company "police" behaviours. 

On 7/11/2024 at 12:09 PM, gazumped said:

I agree in a sense that yes, forum users try to help and it should be the main reason why we're here. 

However if the user starts to convince me I do wrong if actually the company screws the app experience, what is reported by multiple users in the first place and doesn't bring any support, that is something I cannot accept. I am grateful for help but not for company "police" behaviours. 

Android latest version: the Profile Icon giving access to the settings is unresponsive on notes list view. Unresolved since few updates. 

Top note title and preview is missing in notes list view. Unresolved. 

Plus all the bugs I report are visible on my account automatically as SOLVED. 

Seriously? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Doministry said:

Plus all the bugs I report are visible on my account automatically as SOLVED. 

That usually means that Support can't fix something without the developers changing the app in some way.  Once a request is passed to developers,  Support mark the item as closed (as far as they are concerned).  Developers work on their own timescale and schedule - AFAIK most resources are still going into server-side changes. so other areas will be on hold.

Patience is definitely required when waiting for action on bugs and requests - users need to have faith in the system and either wait for changes,  find a work-around or move to a different provider.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Doministry said:

Android latest version: the Profile Icon giving access to the settings is unresponsive on notes list view. Unresolved since few updates. 

Hadn't noticed this one but yes, I concur it's unresponsive for me too.

They keep making changes no-one asked for to unimportant things (like menu arrangements) when serious bugs languish unresolved. Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, Doministry said:

Unresolved since few updates

The new menu was only introduced in the last update and there's a bug on one view which will be fixed in the next update.

19 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

The new menu was only introduced in the last update and there's a bug on one view which will be fixed in the next update.

If only all the longstanding bugs would be "fixed in the next update" instead of just those some spotty dev has introduced in the last version!

How about fixing that none of my links work anymore making this $160 program essentially useless to me?

And whose freaking idea was it who said "hey, I know how to make this productivity app even more productive - instead of nice crisp black text on a white background, let's make all the text gray instead, because hey, that's so much easier to see than black..."

41 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Unresponsive menu items are present since few updates. 

25 minutes ago, Ralph77 said:

How about fixing that none of my links work anymore making this $160 program essentially useless to me?

For me, all of my links work fine and I have more than 4.000 of them. My suggestion is to uninstall with Revo and retry.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ghon said:

For me, all of my links work fine and I have more than 4.000 of them. My suggestion is to uninstall with Revo and retry.

No, this is an Android bug, described here, and related to the last few versions being incompatible with certain Android web browsers https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/152371-android-v-10921-cant-open-links/

Most annoyingly, reverting to a previous version that used to work doesn't help. So it also appears to be related to something messed up on the server side.

9 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Lies. 10.96.2 menu still broken.

9 minutes ago, Ralph77 said:

Lies. 10.96.2 menu still broken.

No need to be rude like that to @Jon/t. He doesn't work for Evernote. 10.96.2 is a minor patch. I would assume it will be fixed in 10.97.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ralph77 said:

No, this is an Android bug, described here, and related to the last few versions being incompatible with certain Android web

This is a very specific issue. Links work well at least when the Android app is used and they work well with e.g. Chrome and Ecosia, desktop mode on Android.

Certainly not ideal but it happens all the time that certain apps or programs are not fully  compatible with some browsers, especially when they are not mainstream.

8 minutes ago, ghon said:

This is a very specific issue. Links work well at least when the Android app is used and they work well with e.g. Chrome and Ecosia, desktop mode on Android.

Certainly not ideal but it happens all the time that certain apps or programs are not fully  compatible with some browsers, especially when they are not mainstream.

Also if downgrading didn't help it's likely an issue with Android, the browser or a common library between the browsers and not Evernote.

4 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

No need to be rude like that to @Jon/t. He doesn't work for Evernote. 10.96.2 is a minor patch. I would assume it will be fixed in 10.97.

Sorry I thought he worked for EN, otherwise how would he know? And don't assume anything.

4 hours ago, ghon said:

Not ideal? You are a master of understatement. Opera is very mainstream and this bug has never reared its head before now.

4 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Also if downgrading didn't help it's likely an issue with Android, the browser or a common library between the browsers and not Evernote.

Browser, very likely, as you'll read in the other thread. And/or could be a server-side issue or a database issue. It may be a complex interaction between many things - but so far, EN is the only manifestation of this issue!

7 hours ago, Ralph77 said:

Sorry I thought he worked for EN, otherwise how would he know? And don't assume anything.

Not ideal? You are a master of understatement. Opera is very mainstream and this bug has never reared its head before now.

Browser, very likely, as you'll read in the other thread. And/or could be a server-side issue or a database issue. It may be a complex interaction between many things - but so far, EN is the only manifestation of this issue!

Jon is an Evernote Expert and community member. Not a BS employee. Experts have their own sub forum where they interact a bit more with BS staff and also have a regular call with BS staff.

15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

… and even if an employee would be posting, it is no allowance for antisocial behavior. A salary is no compensation for insult and hate comments.

It just makes it a little more antisocial to me that he had the audacity to assume @Jon/t was an employee so that gave him a right to be abusive towards him. No wonder why employees don't interact here anymore.

• Like 4
  • Level 5*

Audacity is a pejorative by the by.  You are right tone has taken more of an antisocial turn the past year in these forums.  Not a place for the faint of heart.

• Sad 2
7 minutes ago, CalS said:

Audacity is a pejorative by the by.  You are right tone has taken more of an antisocial turn the past year in these forums.  Not a place for the faint of heart.

It's really a shame. I hate to say it but it's getting to the point where Bending Spoons needs to get more involved here with community guidelines to give moderators like you the tools to remove users that don't abide.

• Level 5*

Censorship is as slippery slope.  Also a shame folks don't seem to care for a civil dialogue.  Sometimes no reply is the best reply in those cases.  One of my favorite memes.  Though it may get nixed for the dog s#!t bit.

image.jpeg.d574cc641d706686bdc81b07c3a57a72.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mackid1993 said:

abusive towards him

I've been called worse especially by my ex-wife! I used to work in radio & TV and had one person call me up one day and say "mate, you really are s*!t on the radio, they should fire you and never let you on air again", they then put the phone down 😂

I always like to put comments to the "Pub Test".

If I say this to someone in the pub would they punch me? If yes, don't say it 😂

The note-taking world is a little strange. I get plenty of abusive just for having a newsletter that helps folk use Evernote. Its very odd and very much why the 100 or so other experts don't post much.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, CalS said:

Censorship is as slippery slope.

Something needs to be done because this community has become an insufferable, toxic place. I'm not asking for censorship, just community guidelines and those that don't abide by them not be allowed to post.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, I strongly suggest using "ignore."  Anyone who makes an ad hominem attack wins a place on my list.  Also, if a poster has nothing but criticism and never a positive thing to say, eventually I will add them to my list.  I appreciate the patience of folks here who hang in there and continue to try to help people who are consistently negative.  I can't manage it -- like in the real world, in the virtual world, I prefer to surround myself with people who have a positive view, who are not "outraged," "frustrated," "livid," "infuriated," "incensed," and so on at the smallest things.

And, if there were more ignoring going on, I think there would be less of those comments, since they'd get fewer responses.

Just my POV.  I know others may feel differently.

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

this community has become an insufferable, toxic place

I would say that is a pretty extreme view.  Discussion is less civil here as it is elsewhere, but insufferably toxic … I don’t agree.

It has been said before, the best response in many cases is no response.  

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I would say that is a pretty extreme view.  Discussion is less civil here as it is elsewhere, but insufferably toxic … I don’t agree.

It has been said before, the best response in many cases is no response.  

Personally I've been visiting this forum less and less, it's mostly people complaining and at least a post or two a week of someone announcing their departure. The discussion is not productive for those who just want to use Evernote, share workflows and tips, as well as get advice.

I've been saying for a while that this forum needs better community guidelines, and those guidelines should be enforced. We don't need people announcing their departures (this isn't an Airport) and posts that are overly aggressive should be removed and users who are overly aggressive should be warned and if they continue they should be banned.

I participate in a lot of online forums and this is the only one that allows active aggression and personal attacks with no recourse, moderation, or consequences. This is something that needs work from Bending Spoons themselves as volunteer moderators can't be expected to police everything all of the time.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Bending Spoons needs to get more involved here

100% support that.

Ok, mea culpa! I'm sorry for causing such a huge sh1#storm over my use of one word, "lies".

I'm sorry, @Jon/t

And ... can I at least attempt to lighten the rather sombre mood of this hitherto otherwise joyous discussion by admitting that I can't restrain myself from making the somewhat ironoc observation that this is, after all, a thread called "Evernote THE WORST EXPERIENCE" 😉

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

From that title I only read a desire to be polemic and non factual. It tells nothing about EN, but a lot about the OP.

It's topics like this that make me want to seek out other communities. r/EvernotePositive on Reddit is a great space these days.

• Like 1

Evernote the WORST EXPERIENCE

I encountered a problem with access to generating a ticket and gaining access to my previous tickets.  It was suggested I could submit a "guest" ticket (as if I were not a paying user).

Having done that, back in March,  I  received a response that they had referred my ticket to the tech group and said someone would "reach out" to me.

I tried 3 times (via email and using the ticket # generated as "guest") to get a status/update and they just replied that I needed to be patient.

It will soon be August.  Any suggestions on how to get a resolution?

TICKET#: 3855851 

Edited by amInMarina
clarification update
35 minutes ago, amInMarina said:

Any suggestions on how to get a resolution?

User @mackid1993 has suggested that it might be an idea to reach out 😉 to them on X (formerly known as Twitter) by sending a DM to @evernote there. I've not yet tried this myself. Hope it helps!

10.97 is out and the little issue with pop out menu on notes view is fixed.

Remember it can take up to 14 days for Android to update 'cos of Google Play.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Thanks @Jon/t. Some people around here need to learn to have some patience before melting down.

5 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Thanks @Jon/t! Just received 10.96.3 this morning down here in the antipodes, so will keep an 👁️ out for it.

I agree with the OP.

Evernote 10.97.1 is out on Mac and has broken on all of my macs, mx or install, either as a fresh install or an upgrade

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/electron-native-auth/build/Release/electron_native_auth.node, 1): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/AuthenticationServices.framework/Versions/A/AuthenticationServices
  Referenced from: /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/electron-native-auth/build/Release/electron_native_auth.node
  Reason: image not found
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, cwn said:

I agree with the OP.

You also posted on this in more detail elsewhere.  Please don't post twice on the same issue.

14 minutes ago, gazumped said:

You also posted on this in more detail elsewhere.  Please don't post twice on the same issue.

This is a different matter.  My comment is that I agree with the OP. Even attempting to log in to the web UI produces an error currently (see screenshot) and as a premium user ( for my business), I don't expect an auto-upgrade to be so impactful when this is supposed to be a productivity tool.

Additionally, your comment doesn't fill any purpose of it's own other than to discipline me in what Evernote cites as a conversational forum.  Very superior - very off putting.  Plus.. I still can't get to my notes, so evernote really is currently 'the worst' paid app experience (thanks OP!).

Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 16.41.43.png

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cwn said:

Even attempting to log in to the web UI produces an error currently

I've been in the web app all day today and not noticed any issues. Just logged out and in again to check.

Have you tried a guest browser profile, another browser?

Hello - yes, private browsing, safari, chrome all giving same error (see attached).

Evernote client is complaining about a missing Node.js library.

Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 17.16.29.png

Do you have a blocker causing issues?  I see something in your top panel that is red with a 4.  Is this possibly related to your issue?

Like others, Evernote Web is working for me (and I am using Safari 17.5) on macOS Sonoma 14.5.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

Do you have a blocker causing issues?  I see something in your top panel that is red with a 4.  Is this possibly related to your issue?

Like others, Evernote Web is working for me (and I am using Safari 17.5) on macOS Sonoma 14.5.

Well spotted. This is an ad and tracker blocker. Trying in a guest profile would be better as it would have no extensions or blockers activated. 

• Level 5

Ad blockers usually have their own interface. It should be possible to see blocked domains, and whitelist them there.

How this is done is usually found in the ad blockers documentation .

On 7/16/2024 at 8:02 PM, mackid1993 said:

Some people around here need to learn to have some patience before melting down.

Some people around here have been patient for four years for this app to mature sufficiently to at least not loose any work / docs in the process 🙂 

Just found several garbled PDF imports from ca. 12 days ago.

No idea what that was but I am currently researching for a legal case so I hope it was not important:

image.thumb.jpeg.f9e61f7fc9bdf635f07f901ce086db34.jpeg

Previews of web clips don't render anymore in ca. 1/4  of my clips, even after more than a month they still don't show up.

The list goes on and on. I really lost track of the issues I am encountering. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This is just a conflict of fonts. The %20 stands for a space character. It is not saved as %20 - %20 is just the translation done by the viewer for the hexadecimal code that stands for a space character. It is similar for the other "characters" inserted into the text.

The pdf itself is undamaged, this is simply a viewer issue.

44 minutes ago, Feitz said:

Some people around here have been patient for four years for this app to mature sufficiently to at least not loose any work / docs in the process 🙂 

Just found several garbled PDF imports from ca. 12 days ago.

No idea what that was but I am currently researching for a legal case so I hope it was not important:

image.thumb.jpeg.f9e61f7fc9bdf635f07f901ce086db34.jpeg

Previews of web clips don't render anymore in ca. 1/4  of my clips, even after more than a month they still don't show up.

The list goes on and on. I really lost track of the issues I am encountering. 

I'm not going to comment. Only responding because you quoted me. Arguing about the merits of Evernote on this forum has taken a massive toll on my mental health when I'm really only coming here to offer help based on my nearly a decade of working IT experience and 20 years of being a technology enthusiast overall.

I'm going to have to take a step back from anything controversial. If someone needs help using the program I'm happy to chime in but going forward I'm not going to discuss issues or complaints anymore because the interactions are really harmful to my wellbeing.

This is me taking a step back. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Feitz said:

Previews of web clips don't render anymore in ca. 1/4  of my clips, even after more than a month they still don't show up

Ha, I have the opposite gripe: I hate 'webclips' on the mobile app and have to manually delete each one every time I use the EN app to bookmark a website. The old v8 Android app used to just place a link into the note (as Joplin does) rather than clip the entire page. I can't find any way to turn this off?

3 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

This is me taking a step back.

Support this 100%. Looking after oneself and one's health is more important than what is after all nothing more than a collection of ones and zeros and people's reactions to those ones and zeros. Thank you for the assistance you have provided in this and other threads 🧤

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ralph77 said:

Support this 100%. Looking after oneself and one's health is more important than what is after all nothing more than a collection of ones and zeros and people's reactions to those ones and zeros. Thank you for the assistance you have provided in this and other threads 🧤

Social media as a whole has gotten toxic for me, here especially and in other places. The last few days have been so rough for me that I have to make a change and just stay away from people complaining and offer my help in calmer situations.

• Like 2