Not sure I can trust EN right now. More than half a detailed work note disappeared

I'm also wondering if we shouldn't raise the log level if we plan to send logs when this issue occurs? In the desktop version you do this as follows:

ctrl help -> Activity Log-> Adjust loglevel -> Verbose (something like that,  I translated this)

I don't know how to do this on the other clients...

I'm not sure if this will help the developers and/or how heavy this is on the file system and performance? If you're lucky, this may be a stress test that reveals the actual problem...

They did not ask for that, but I had the exact same thought last week and changed my three systems to verbose level. I have not noticed any performance hit, nor an increase of problems, nor new problems. I believe 10.58.5 is faster than 10.58.3 for me, or they changed something at the backend.

• Like 1

I have been having the above issues now for about a week and half. Notes not syncing, losing content and tasks out of sync. I have used Evernote since 2011 and these issues have made my question my reliance on the product. I currently pay for Professional and my life is in there. I use it over 3 machines and they all show something slightly different at present.

The support team are working on my case, like many others but Evernote needs to restore my trust.  

Yet over the last 10 days I have had to use backup methods, mainly Google Drive to ensure I have stuff when I need it. 

What are your backup methods?

I lost about a half days work on my marketing plan that I created in a note. I opened it in the web app and everything was blank. I opened the app on my phone and poof it all disappeared right in front of my eyes. The note history isn't helpful either as that was the rough sketch of where I started when I spent the half a day. I don't even know what to do. I absolutely do not have time for this. Where can I go to get immediate help?  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mokshaangel said:

I lost about a half days work on my marketing plan that I created in a note. I opened it in the web app and everything was blank. I opened the app on my phone and poof it all disappeared right in front of my eyes. The note history isn't helpful either as that was the rough sketch of where I started when I spent the half a day. I don't even know what to do. I absolutely do not have time for this. Where can I go to get immediate help?  

This is probably of no help whatsoever but I have an old Mac tucked away in a drawer that I haven’t used in years. EN appears to be working fine on the device. It’s running High Sierra and EN 7 ( I think that’s the version) the old interface is an absolute joy. 
The various “upgrades” over the last few years have done nothing to improve functionality or features. The old interface is cleaner too. 
Perhaps EN should go back to selling branded printers and water bottles.

EN Please stop trying to fix things that ain’t broke. 

• Level 5
On 6/17/2023 at 2:15 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

A note that I use as scratch (not the Home page Scratchpad, a note of my own) was edited yesterday evening. It had a lot of older material, including images, that I wasn't ready to delete yet. But today it was completely empty. Note history had the last version from yesterday, and the blank version was "updated" (not by me!) 5 minutes after that. I restored it from note history, so nothing lost permanently

Correcting myself: I restored the immediately preceding version of the note too hastily, not scrolling through it, and later I discovered that in fact the most recent edit had been moved from the top of the note to the end (again, not by me), and almost everything earlier from this long-running note had been deleted; and history did not have any version earlier than that. I'm fortunate that this was not a critical note, but it was still stuff I was not ready to part with.

Note that all this happened after the backend work reported by Evernote staff (which I quoted above) that had supposedly fixed a lot of problems. I feel very sorry for people who just started using Evernote this year and are experiencing this chaos and data destruction as the norm. Evernote has worked very well for me for years, and I expect (I guess) that it will do so again soon. But there isn't much they've done this year, from price increases to the not-yet-ready new sync and RTE rollout to meh-at-best AI functions, that hasn't been mostly a mess.

4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Correcting myself: I restored the immediately preceding version of the note too hastily, not scrolling through it, and later I discovered that in fact the most recent edit had been moved from the top of the note to the end (again, not by me), and almost everything earlier from this long-running note had been deleted; and history did not have any version earlier than that. I'm fortunate that this was not a critical note, but it was still stuff I was not ready to part with.

What? History did not have any version earlier than that? So, all the history of that long-running note (more than a year) was deleted?!?

What have they done to history? Is it converted into the yjs format as well, maybe in a compressed form, just keeping the deltas?

Have you checked that your note wasn't duplicated (behind your back) and that it's maybe a copy you're working on? That could at least explain the missing history versions (but not the missing data). What is the creation date of your note?

• Level 5

I owe some apologies. When I found the note completely empty, I restored the most recent earlier version from note history. Later, I discovered that this was practically empty itself. The restored note has a different ID from the original, which (now empty) I put in Trash. But now, upon restoring it from Trash, I find that it has its full history, going back 3 years. The transition from a very lengthy "junk drawer" note to the much briefer form actually happened last November! It's quite possible that I decided it was time to empty out the junk drawer back then, and simply forgot that I had done so. :blush: 

At any rate, the abbreviated form that I recovered was likely my own doing last November. But there was a deletion of all the content that it had, and there was, just prior to that, a movement of material from the top to the end of it. Sorry for freaking people (including myself) out.

• Like 1

I just had a windows crash. After the reboot, I found that I can't find anything in Evernote v10 by Topic. I have more than 26'000 notes. I can find them just fine in the Legacy version. Is there a repair function for the files? And shouldn't Evernote ensure that its files are crash-safe? 

• Level 5

The crash likely corrupted your local database. It’s not surprising a database can get damaged on crashing.

The best method is to check your notes on the web client first. Run a few searches there.

Then uninstall the v10app using Revo Uninstaller. Make sure the whole install is removed. Then restart the PC.

Download the EN installer from the website. Install, log in. And now let it run in the background. It will download all content from the server and rebuild the local database. Given the size of your database, this can take some days.

You can work on the client while it downloads. It will draw whatever it needs from the server. Just in offline access the client may tell that some attachments are not yet downloaded.

1 hour ago, Amadeus3 said:

I just had a windows crash. After the reboot, I found that I can't find anything in Evernote v10 by Topic. I have more than 26'000 notes. I can find them just fine in the Legacy version. Is there a repair function for the files? And shouldn't Evernote ensure that its files are crash-safe? 

I've had a Windows laptop that gave blue-screens-of-death, otherwise known as a crash of Windows regularly. At that time my data would also get damaged IMEDIATELY, so I thought.

The curious thing was it happened almost every time my laptop crashed. I would end up with the wrong results on searches as the main complaint, and asking for all the notes of a certain tag would also give incomplete results (or out of date, which means showing notes that had that tag on it earlier that day!).

⚠️ It was too frequent to be a true damage, I concluded. Evernote could not possibly be writing and damaging data EACH time my laptop crashed. When I had this problem, a few months ago many times, I would after half an hour of frustration give up, and uninstall en reinstall whole Evernote.

Then I discovered that when I waited for hours (which I find WAY too long) Evernote would recover itself, and searches would work as before. I now believe Evernote flags a "unplanned shutdown of itself" somehow, and starts re-downloading (or rebuilding, but I don't think it does that looking at the Internet i/o) the search indices, etc. the second it starts again...but with searches and such being crippled until it is up to speed again.

It was at a time (few months ago) that Evernote took MUCH longer for me to get up and running again, so they improved some client or back-end speeds since then. Luckily I don't have this problem anymore, cause my Windows doesn't crash anymore, nor does Evernote. 

Maybe these observations and my preliminary conclusions on the matter help a little bit.

• Like 2

Thank you for your comment. I didn't wait for hours - I logged out of Evernote v10, asking it to delete the database, then logged back in and had it re-download everything, which was actually quite fast. It now doesn't have the delays it had before on loading notes it had not recently accessed, so it actually works better. I suspect that it had trouble adjusting the data from previous versions.

They should probably have told their users to do this with the upgrade - or should just have done it automatically - but probably feared negative comments if the update took too long, but it might have saved them a lot of grief.

Incidentally, Windows doesn't crash that often - it has become a lot more stable, compared to earlier versions. I have boosted machine with 36 cores and 64GB of RAM, but some applications that are extremely CPU and RAM hungry seem to enter into resource conflicts that can result in a crash when I switch between them after I wake the system up from standby. 

• Like 1

I've just had the same experience. Worked on a note, recording research, for several hours yesterday. This morning, when I opened Evernote, everything except the first two lines has disappeared. The note history shows the same result. I've been a user for several years and have never experienced anything similar before. What's happening?

5 hours ago, Iain Monaghan said:

I've just had the same experience. Worked on a note, recording research, for several hours yesterday. This morning, when I opened Evernote, everything except the first two lines has disappeared. The note history shows the same result. I've been a user for several years and have never experienced anything similar before. What's happening?

What version and platform were you using? I have not had this specific issue anymore with 10.58.5 for Windows. 

The same just happened to me, I lost half of the day of my work as I wanted to duplicate the note, and instead, it didn't, it deleted almost the entire content from that note, and it's not even available in the history view. I am furious right now. Syncing is slow for a year now, I can't work like that.

• Sad 1
On 6/20/2023 at 12:11 PM, MvdH said:

What version and platform were you using? I have not had this specific issue anymore with 10.58.5 for Windows. 

I have Win 10.58.5 and have lost edits too.

This is getting worse.  Lost all my trading notes today. Also their Note History is a joke. The most recent note has the least amount of data. Incremental backups aren't supposed to work like that. The most recent note should have the most data in it.  I had images, well formatted text, an audio. It all disappeared about 10 mins after I created it. I can't possibly recreate it.

When I went to the most recent history in Note History, it had a half one of the many sentences.  WTF!!??

Me trying to show it and being unhappy.

• Sad 3
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, hanseric said:

This is getting worse.  Lost all my trading notes today. Also their Note History is a joke.

Thanks for sharing this with your fellow users.  All we can do is sympathize.  Have you also shared this with Evernote support?  Don't expect that they will see and act on this posting.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Thanks for sharing this with your fellow users.  All we can do is sympathize.  Have you also shared this with Evernote support?  Don't expect that they will see and act on this posting.

I have an ongoing ticket running with EN Support.  The last email back from them was from 9 days ago (I got busy and didn't see it until today with this latest issue) and it says, in part:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear about the missing content. The error in your activity log confirms a known issue that should now be addressed. When the content is missing from the note, the only way to recover it would be via the previous version saved in the Note History. If you cannot recover the information through note history, it is probably due to this syncing issue and the content didn't sync properly to create a note snapshot. Unfortunately, we don't have a way of retrieving deleted content from a specific time frame if it hasn't been saved in the Note History. I realize that you already checked the Note History, and the earlier version saved there did not have the missing content. In this case, I'm afraid the content may not be recoverable from our end. ...

Clearly it's not "addressed". I just responded to it with my YT video and some text.

I'm at my wits end on this.

I don't understand why they haven't rolled this back (sync'ing code). It's an unmitigated disaster in my book. They are murdering my notes randomly. No reason for me to use a tool like this if I can't count on the integrity of the very notes I'm creating in the system.

I've got 27,000 notes and 10 years of history right now and I'm seriously assessing other options now, as much as it gives me a sour gut to even consider what that's going to mean for me and my daily workflows. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, hanseric said:

Clearly it's not "addressed". I just responded to it with my YT video and some text.

There has definitely been unintended consequences with the new sync and the loss of data is particularly bad.  I've experienced some but not to the extent you have.  Thanks for following up with support.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, BeEfficient said:

the newest version from today addresses sync issues.

Unfortunately not all.  I'm also having task problems on 10.58.8 and have submitted a new ticket.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, BeEfficient said:

OK, because the last 2 points of the update sounded very promising.

Yes, I was hopeful. This time I actually got an error message and hopefully that additional information in the log will be helpful to development.

14 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Yes, I was hopeful. This time I actually got an error message and hopefully that additional information in the log will be helpful to development.

What was the exact error message?

I have 10.58.8 now and am watching it closely.  Hopefully it addresses the Note History as well. It's not working as an incremental back up. I have had histories where the latest note had the least amount of data on it (e.g. a half a sentence where the one before it had more). History will be of no use until they fix that.

Broken sync that loses data and dysfunctional Note History are a BAD combo.

I'm watching closely to see if this new version is better on this point. 

Right after I installed it (after deleting the prior app version), I saw an improvement with Tasks which may have been related to sync'ing--hard to tell. I would try and change a date of a task that was due and it wouldn't Save. Well, it would but it would take 2+ minutes. If I hit Save more than once while waiting, it would spawn duplicates of the task. That seems to be resolved.

But right after I installed 10.58.8, I clicked New to make a new note and got a spinning wheel of death for well over a minute before I bailed to do something else. Not sure if it ever created a new note or not.

Needless to say I'm still a donkey on the edge with this thing, to quote the movie Shrek.

57 minutes ago, hanseric said:

I have 10.58.8 now and am watching it closely. 

Did you have to uninstall 10.58.5 to get .8?

I am using the Win version and when I try to update from .5 the app says that I have the latest version. I can't see ver .8

18 minutes ago, JBMILAN said:

Did you have to uninstall 10.58.5 to get .8?

I am using the Win version and when I try to update from .5 the app says that I have the latest version. I can't see ver .8

Download manually: https://evernote.com/download

They don't roll out the latest version automatically immediately, nor via "check updates", because it might still contain bugs.  [I see the irony of what I just said]

On 6/18/2023 at 2:46 PM, darrenbuttoniow said:

I have been having the above issues now for about a week and half. Notes not syncing, losing content and tasks out of sync. I have used Evernote since 2011 and these issues have made my question my reliance on the product. I currently pay for Professional and my life is in there. I use it over 3 machines and they all show something slightly different at present.

The support team are working on my case, like many others but Evernote needs to restore my trust.  

Yet over the last 10 days I have had to use backup methods, mainly Google Drive to ensure I have stuff when I need it. 

What are your backup methods?

@darrenbuttoniow How are you backing up to google drive? I am in the same spot. Not only am I having to do rework, I am creating notes for my business processes and operations which I do not want to have to create multiple times due to whatever is going on with Evernote. I could just move my work to google drive, but there were productivity and preference reasons for using Evernote in the first place. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, hanseric said:

I have had histories where the latest note had the least amount of data on it (e.g. a half a sentence where the one before it had more). History will be of no use until they fix that.

Broken sync that loses data and dysfunctional Note History are a BAD combo.

This is my note history for the "things to do" note.  It would be interesting to know if others are also see problems with note history or not.

image.png.565116781e67d81268fbea9270eaa5fb.png

The note history on the note I lost was pretty much useless. There were multiple versions of the same empty note for the most part. I found one that was a little more than empty but still very much my draft version. I will use that one to start my rework, but I am afraid to do anything in Evernote now without back up. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, s2sailor said:

It would be interesting to know if others are also see problems with note history or not.

I should have been clearer.  It would be interesting to know if there is a problem with the note history of the "Things to do" note.  The default note for tasks.

Lost two notes in the last hour. The content just disappeared. In fourteen or fifteen years I've never encountered that. History was of no use.

Ironically the update download icon was displaying. I'm now on 10.58.8 and hoping this is the first and last time for that behavior. This is significantly more critical than the lack of Legacy features.

• Like 1

I have lost lot of pictures. 

Can someone advise wich similar program I can buy as I had enough with Evernote. My job depends on pictures and if I cannot proove what I done then I will not get paid. 

I am very upset with the new version. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Cristinel said:

I have lost lot of pictures. 

Can someone advise wich similar program I can buy as I had enough with Evernote. My job depends on pictures and if I cannot proove what I done then I will not get paid. 

I am very upset with the new version. 

I understand you are upset! I am upset too, but will stick around a little more. No better alternative yet for my use case. Please use the search function for threads about alternatives.

Tip: Your question is too one-dimensional to gave a good answer anyway. It totally depends on your use case. Please continu discussions about alternatives in those other threads or start a new one for yours specific.

This thread is about disappearing edits, experiences in that area, new versions that might fix it, trust taking a hit. 🙂  Not about alternatives.

On 6/22/2023 at 10:40 AM, hanseric said:

I have an ongoing ticket running with EN Support.  The last email back from them was from 9 days ago (I got busy and didn't see it until today with this latest issue) and it says, in part:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear about the missing content. The error in your activity log confirms a known issue that should now be addressed. When the content is missing from the note, the only way to recover it would be via the previous version saved in the Note History. If you cannot recover the information through note history, it is probably due to this syncing issue and the content didn't sync properly to create a note snapshot. Unfortunately, we don't have a way of retrieving deleted content from a specific time frame if it hasn't been saved in the Note History. I realize that you already checked the Note History, and the earlier version saved there did not have the missing content. In this case, I'm afraid the content may not be recoverable from our end. ...

I'm at my wits end on this.

I don't understand why they haven't rolled this back (sync'ing code). It's an unmitigated disaster in my book. They are murdering my notes randomly. No reason for me to use a tool like this if I can't count on the integrity of the very notes I'm creating in the system.

I've got 27,000 notes and 10 years of history right now and I'm seriously assessing other options now, as much as it gives me a sour gut to even consider what that's going to mean for me and my daily workflows. 

I am still looking for back up options. Has anyone set up back up for your notes? What option are you using and how seamless is the back up process?   I use evernote for productivity so I don't want to get caught up spending time backing up notes, but right now I need to do something because I need to get back to work. I don't want to change what I have started, but I don't want to do work that is going to disappear either. 

Here is what I have found so far, but not sure how difficult any of these are to implement:

Evernote Export: Evernote allows you to export your notes in its own ENEX format. To do this, open Evernote on your computer, select the notes you want to back up, then go to "File" > "Export Notes." Choose the export format as "Evernote XML (.enex)" and save the file to your desired location. This creates a backup of your selected notes that you can import back into Evernote if needed.
Backup with Evernote's Backup feature: Evernote has a built-in backup feature that allows you to create a complete backup of all your Evernote data. To use this feature, open Evernote on your computer, go to "File" > "Backup" and follow the instructions to create a backup file. This backup file contains all your notes, attachments, and settings.
Third-party backup tools: You can also consider using third-party backup tools to back up your Evernote data. Some popular options include cloud backup services like Dropbox or Google Drive, which allow you to sync your Evernote files and folders to the cloud automatically. Additionally, there are third-party software applications specifically designed to back up Evernote, such as Evernote Backup Tool.

• Evernote Expert

I run a weekly backup overnight on a schedule using the evernote-backup application that can be downloaded from Github. Others use Backuppery.

Inside Evernote best to export by notebook.  You can export a whole notebook.  Doing this will retain the notebook structure of your account.

• Level 5*

I also use the Github code for backup but I don't believe any 3rd party tool, including Backuppery, will backup the new features such as tasks or backlinks.  I think, currently, the only way to completely backup is from within Evernote.  I've confirmed this is true for the Github method, if would be helpful for a Backuppery user to confirm or correctly my assumption.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

also use the Github code for backup but I don't believe any 3rd party tool, including Backuppery, will backup the new features such as tasks or backlinks.

That's quite likely since the API doesn't, yet, support the new features. A new API will be needed and then for the app developer to adjust their code to include the new features.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
24 minutes ago, agsteele said:

That's quite likely since the API doesn't, yet, support the new features. A new API will be needed and then for the app developer to adjust their code to include the new features.

Yes, I agree, though I haven't seen it confirmed with Backuppery, and for those that are considering a 3rd party back up solution, especially one with a fee, it may be helpful to other users to get this point confirmed.

15 hours ago, mokshaangel said:

I am still looking for back up options. Has anyone set up back up for your notes? What option are you using and how seamless is the back up process? 

I use backupery for back-ups per notebook, per note, (or HTML) in importable ENEX format. With a lot of notes it does take a long time however, due to low API frequency/response time that Evernote offers to third parties.  

On 6/23/2023 at 11:50 AM, s2sailor said:

This is my note history for the "things to do" note.  It would be interesting to know if others are also see problems with note history or not.

image.png.565116781e67d81268fbea9270eaa5fb.png

Can't really tell without seeing inside each note version.

One would expect the most recent note to have the most information.  

The earliest note history would have the least information (since it hasn't been typed yet).

As you build the note, each version is captured and the note should grow. 

For me, however, the most recent note had almost no data (a half a sentence).  That's just not helpful and it seems like a design flaw to me.

1 hour ago, hanseric said:

As you build the note, each version is captured and the note should grow. 

For me, however, the most recent note had almost no data (a half a sentence).  That's just not helpful and it seems like a design flaw to me.

Unless, of course, you've removed content yourself. However, in your case, the content was deleted unintentionally due to a software bug. This change was then saved as new history with less data in it.

The question is, do you find all the content in older history, or is that also gone?

On 6/26/2023 at 11:58 AM, eric99 said:

Unless, of course, you've removed content yourself. However, in your case, the content was deleted unintentionally due to a software bug. This change was then saved as new history with less data in it.

The question is, do you find all the content in older history, or is that also gone?

Older content had partial data. A bit more than the latest note, but no history had all the data I needed, with the most recent one having a half a sentence (should have had tons of images and text) since the system was doing an excellent job of deleting my data randomly. 

1 hour ago, hanseric said:

Older content had partial data. A bit more than the latest note, but no history had all the data I needed, with the most recent one having a half a sentence (should have had tons of images and text) since the system was doing an excellent job of deleting my data randomly. 

So it seems that the data was never fully synced on the server?

• Like 1

Same issue here… Made a lot of notes during a 3 hour keynote at a conference… Later I found out only the first three lines were saved…! Since the latest price increase, I pay $ 15 for Evernote Premium and now get this? They really want to make me move to OneNote… 😡

• Like 1
On 6/7/2023 at 8:12 AM, Dmitry Gerenrot said:

Similar issue: half the note is GONE due to apparent bug in UI. 

- I am NOT a paying user. I don't need a detailed note history, but not being able to recover a slightly older version?

- Is there ANY way to contact the support if I am not a pair subscriber?

I just had a note lose half its content too.....and duplicate itself - now both versions a re missing different pieces. Utterly ridiculous that even whilst raising prices people continue to have issues with such basic things. 

44 minutes ago, avalon said:

I just had a note lose half its content too.....and duplicate itself - now both versions a re missing different pieces. Utterly ridiculous that even whilst raising prices people continue to have issues with such basic things. 

which software version, device ?

• Thanks 1

And another weird situation… Created a note with some text and a picture. When I return to the note, it’s completely empty! But, in the notes navigation pane on the left, you can still see a thumbnail of the picture I inserted in the note. This happens on my iPad with the latest EN version installed, but the web version looks identical. There is no other version of the note than the current one. So again, I lost notes. Evernote turns to be completely unreliable for me this week, just when I needed it to take notes during a conference visit…. Luckily enough, it’s not that expensive… Oh, wait a minute, they just almost doubled the price I pay each month. If this is what I get for twice the money, I will quickly move to an alternative…

IMG_4375.png

• Evernote Expert

This issue has been reported in other threads. There is a request for feedback on current issues faced by users. Have you completed that? Similarly have you submitted a support ticket to add your experience to the issue data?

11 hours ago, Hans Geurtsen said:

And another weird situation… Created a note with some text and a picture. When I return to the note, it’s completely empty! But, in the notes navigation pane on the left, you can still see a thumbnail of the picture I inserted in the note. This happens on my iPad with the latest EN version installed, but the web version looks identical. There is no other version of the note than the current one. So again, I lost notes. Evernote turns to be completely unreliable for me this week, just when I needed it to take notes during a conference visit…. Luckily enough, it’s not that expensive… Oh, wait a minute, they just almost doubled the price I pay each month. If this is what I get for twice the money, I will quickly move to an alternative…

I've  had the same issue. Not sure if v10.58.8 fixes the issue?

Until I know positively that this issue has been resolved, I am forced to come to a FULL STOP with my usage of EN.

In the meantime I am using a competitors product.

I keep hoping that EN would communicate with users about progress.

17 hours ago, Hans Geurtsen said:

IMG_4375.png

Hey - as @agsteele has noted, can we ask you to be a star and provide the detail through here....https://pollunit.com/en/polls/forum-issues

I appreciate it must be a frustration. Its nearly as frustrating to hear of, and try to support with, issues the I am not personally experiencing.

I think it will be worth the effort. The EN I and many experience is such an asset.

Anyway....good luck

Neil

• Like 1

I am amazed that Evernote sync is such a train-wreck on iOS and Mac. I’ve been a premium user since 2010 and I have now been forced to jump ship because Evernote has become completely unreliable. It’s just not pain sad  

Luckily, Apple Notes now supports .enex import and it works flawlessly. 

⚠️ Just a short while ago. Windows Evernote Version 10.58.8 lost written content again, sigh! Got screenshots of what happened. I had a note open in a seperate Window. I typed changes in that Window. I saw the main Evernote screen not showing any edits I made. I typed TEST TEST TEST in the left Window of that same note, and curiously it DID show the cursor on the right window (in the wrong place, cause the content was not all there. See the screenshot: 

image.thumb.png.e6fbf0364266ae64f6091c3bfba949e6.png

⚠️ Remark of possible interest for Evernote @Federico Simionato » I was editing the title of the note to in the left screen, jumping between title and note content while editing. As you can see in both screenshots, the title of the note was also out of sync, and the problems first started when I was editing that, it seemed, but not 100% sure.

Then to save my changes, I select-all and and copied the left note to the clipboard. I then set the cursor in the right main Window of the same note, Ctrl+A to select-all, and Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard in the MAIN window with LESS data in it. That one now showed the right note info, however...

⚠️ Then something I think of value for a developer to see happened @Federico Simionato, my note-in-it's-own-Window started showing duplicate information blocks. Both TEST TEST TEST was duplicated and poiint 2 got duplicated See the next screenshots what it looked like then:

image.thumb.png.50123343d86f9b211110d6cc541fe1f5.png

@Federico Simionato  I will send you the web-URL of this damaged note in e minute, as you requested per dm. If you need more, let me know.

• Sad 1
On 6/30/2023 at 10:00 AM, agsteele said:

This issue has been reported in other threads. There is a request for feedback on current issues faced by users. Have you completed that? Similarly have you submitted a support ticket to add your experience to the issue data?

That poll asks for a password. What is the password?

• 2 weeks later...

Same experience as Hanseric:  "tail clipping" and even "middle-of-text bites" out of notes, irrecoverable via history, clearly they never sync'd.  Truly sickening after logging a critical conference call to find your entire record destroyed.  Happens daily, typically shortly after starting the workday.

Likewise I share his experience of spinning wheel lock-up (>60 sec) occasionally upon "new note" creation attempt; subsequent attempts generally succeed.

I'll add one more:  attempting to empty trash locks up EN fatally (have to kill EN with task manager to relaunch/recover).

35000 notes, Win11, EN 10.58.8, bromide replies to tech service case (delete user data, reinstall EN, etc.) so far provide amusement & distraction but fail to resolve the issues.

Lost a ton of data on initial "upgrade" from legacy (generally in PDF & MSXL attachments).  

There remain innumerable trivial annoyances - these aren't worthy of mention in the current crisis, they can be tweaked in quieter times.  Data loss is the sole and existential issue.

Hanseric is "not sure (he) can trust EN right now":  my trust is permanently destroyed - notwithstanding the soothing spin of the known evangelists aboard the forum, data loss is not a mere inconvenience, not the fault of the trusting longterm user faithfully following inducements to upgrade, not deserving of good-humored patience.  It is a mission-critical failure.  I structured my entire workflow - indeed my life - around EN & XL for the past 13 years.  Suppose XL inexplicably performed incorrect arithmetic - even for a minority of users?  Suppose it's known bugs included irrecoverably vanishing columns or pages?  That's what we have here.  Reliability is implicit in the Libin promise - an elephant never (that's "never", not "most of the time") forgets.

Meanwhile, we're instructed that EN's priority of the moment is moving to Europe and terminating their entire US team.  One hopes that - once the deck chairs have been satisfactorily rearranged - the course can be corrected in time for passengers presently aboard.  

/Schooner

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1