I’ve been using Evernote for 15 years. I think it’s pretty crappy to increase the subscription price by nearly 100% in one jump, especially after disabling the ability to back up or export notes. I liked you guys better when you relied on having a great product to retain customers. Now that you’ve made it nearly impossible for me to migrate to another app by disabling my ability to export notes, this price increase feels like a mugging. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, jeanmiele said:

disabling my ability to export notes

It is still possible to export notes from any desktop application to ENEX, HTML or PDF.  This is a mainly user supported forum by the way,  so 'we' haven't done anything.  If you can specify your device, OS and Evernote version maybe we can help?

I've just checked, and I've been a paid customer for 15 years, but I think I'm out at this point - just getting too pricy. I can understand if people see value in widgets, tasks and calendars - I don't use any of that so the value of those features is zero to me. 

It will be a hassle exporting everything, but that's life! 

• Like 4

The new features that come with this price increase also remind me of what appears to be the direction of travel for Enterprise, i.e. Teams and Enterprise features. More and more the product appears to be being optimised for business use, which is fine but means that individual users are likely to become more and more an afterthought (and/or find ourselves paying for features that are just a lot less valuable for individuals). 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, stu_ck said:

More and more the product appears to be being optimised for business use

We must be using differemt products.  Collaboration is handy - with your partner,  kids or colleagues - and that's about the only thing that I might see as being vaguely business.  Evernote's other stuff from tasks to calendars is surely only what any busy individual could need...

• Like 2
On 5/20/2023 at 11:28 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Said it before, perhaps bears repeating: can you point to a price increase since 2017? What squeezing? When and whom? Keep saying it, but don't expect it to be accepted without evidence.

Here you go. It's actually 2016, I was off by a year.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/28/12052056/evernote-price-changes-basic-plus-premium

Then there was this  in 2021

https://evernote.com/blog/new-features-plans-for-personal-professional-productivity/

I believe some features were bumped into higher priced plans, or did they just freeze legacy plans pricing and features ? I wasn't a paid subscriber by then so not sure if that's when it happened. 

Too many posts to read through right now, but like someone else already said (I think it was @Lax90210), I'm not here to complain for no reason, but to add my voice so a company I have liked can hear what their subscribers are thinking. Or at least some of their subscribers. I've been with EN since 2011. I've gone through phases of trying something else and have come back to EN because they have some great features/function. I almost left at the last price hike. The biggest problem I see with this type of app subscription, is you never know when a price-hike will happen. And when you use it for so much info, it's like they've got you by the items that hang in the lower region (please excuse me - I couldn't think of another way to put it), and they can do whatever they want. And that's true - they can. I'm all for capitalism, but like all capitalism, it depends on the person/people behind each corporation/business. They can be moral or immoral. Greedy or not. I'm not saying the people behind EN are greedy, however, things like this price-hike make me wonder. It's strange that instead of just trying to attract newer users and go for bulk, they are willing to lose current subscribers. Sure, some people have plenty of money to just say "suck it up," but for the rest of us, it's getting harder to justify paying that much every month and year for something that we may be able to find a suitable replacement for, even if it's inferior.

So let me reiterate (and Evernote, I hope someone from your company is reading this), people like me are going to stop TRUSTING companies that do the "bait & switch" thing. Put all of our "stuff" into your app with a reasonable price tag initially, then once you've got your hooks in because it's an app we depend on, raise the cost, almost double! And then not expect people to be frustrated (although I'm sure you expected it and just didn't care enough).

Sure, you can charge whatever you want, but remember the trust issue. That could easily tank your business. Look at Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon. They didn't get big charging the most. Quite the opposite.

I thought AI was supposed to automate things more, so wouldn't there be saved labor cost soon once it's implemented? And I realize there's development costs but I'd sure like to know how much that really costs and how many paid subscribers they have? How many million? At $10 a person average (just guessing as I've no idea)?🤔

Ok, I'm done for now. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my EN.😑

• Like 1
On 5/23/2023 at 8:14 AM, jeanmiele said:

I’ve been using Evernote for 15 years. I think it’s pretty crappy to increase the subscription price by nearly 100% in one jump, especially after disabling the ability to back up or export notes. I liked you guys better when you relied on having a great product to retain customers. Now that you’ve made it nearly impossible for me to migrate to another app by disabling my ability to export notes, this price increase feels like a mugging. 

You can still export. It's just more difficult than before. Not happy with the huge instant increase either.

1 minute ago, agsteele said:

I can export notes and notebooks. Doing it by notebook is the best route.

Yes, I just checked and found that too. Not as easy as it used to be, but at least they're not holding us hostage. That would have been more than disappointing.

• Level 5

To export by notebook has always been the way to export notes - it was the method proposed by EN in the help pages either.

Technically with legacy one could export „all notes“ - but ended up with all notes on one big heap. The ENEX file format has no notebook information. Anybody who tells otherwise has never tried.

Evernote user since 2008 and paying since it was introduced. 

That ends now. 

The new price they quote me is even higher than that new customers are getting. They write $130 which is 902 DKK. But new customers get in at 759 DKK ($109) according to the website. 

Here’s a tip:

Go and cancel your subscription. And you’ll instantly be offered 40% off the next year if you stay, if you plan on staying. 

I won’t be taking it though.

I’m not. 
But I totally see and understand why people might. 
For me however, Evernote is note taking and archiving. I don’t have anyone to “share” with so collab is useless for me, I don’t need calendar integration, I have another (better) solution for tasks, and writing text notes and saving a couple of pdf’s and images bee month doesn’t even get me close to the Free 60mb upload limit.

So I’ll stick with Free and hopefully Evernote comes around and decides to offer something in-between Free and expensive Personal. Otherwise Joplin looks like a fair open source alternative. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

If Joplin will do the trick then make a plan since I very much doubt that an intermediate tier will arrive anytime soon. For me the basic plan for Joplin doesn't offer anything that Evernote free provides. The next level up is only marginally cheaper than Evernote Personal. But reading your posts I sense your move will be a matter of principle. Go well.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to report that my Professional Plan has been renewed for the same price as last year - $99.99 or £83.61p in UK currency, which works out at just over 23p per day. It's a relief to avoid the upcoming price increase that will affect current subscribers from June 1st. Even with the increase, the daily cost will only rise by around 4p. Considering the impressive enhancements to EN in recent years, I still believe it offers excellent value for money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, but this price increase is ridiculous. 

I'm still a heavy user of Evernote, although increasingly with frustration the last years.

I'll have to reconsider.

• Level 5

What exactly is ridiculous ? I don’t remember you complaining they didn’t increase prices since 2016.

Weren’t you bothered how the service you „use heavily“ could fail economically, leaving you out in the dark ? Now, that’s ridiculous !

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
23 hours ago, gleasondavid said:

but can deal with the free version benefits

...smaller note sizes,  lower monthly upload limits,  no email access and a two-device limit?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

...smaller note sizes,  lower monthly upload limits,  no email access and a two-device limit?

For me, I upload maybe 10-20 mb a month. My notes are either text or a couple of pdf’s or screenshots. I use Evernote on my Mac and iPhone. 

I emailed 2 notes to myself in 2022, one in 2021, one in 2019. 

I can manage without an almost double price increase. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Your options are Free, or accept a price increase on any subscription, including the grandfathered plans.

Millions of users are running their accounts with the Free model. If it serves your use case, why not.

On 5/4/2023 at 5:45 AM, Uwe Moeschel said:

Plan increased from $129 to $209.

->>>> I cancelled <<<<-

after 12 years as enthusiastic Evernote user. Good Bye

15 years for me, since 2008.  I've also cancelled.  It was good while it lasted.

I don't think Evernote realizes what this new price point is competing with. There are important software subscriptions I have to consider for my work that are at the same price as Evernote now. Evernote is supposed to help me stay organized but I'm not going to pay this kind of price as though it's critical.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, estevancarlos said:

I don't think Evernote realizes what this new price point is competing with. There are important software subscriptions I have to consider for my work that are at the same price as Evernote now.

Yes, with many things being subscription based it is forcing us to take a hard look at the tools and services we use.  I’ve dropped Office 365 (Mac user), Todoist and a few others.  I’m still hanging on to Evernote but will likely drop down to Personal when I next renew.

I'm trying to switch to Onenote since it's already included in my Microsoft suite, but I'm running into issues importing. I have thousands of notes, so this really is a pain. I researched online and found that Microsoft's importer is discontinued, and the supposed next best option is Evernote2Onenote. It's a third-party open-source app, but it's not working for me. Has anyone else had success importing to Onenote lately?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, werweeks said:

Has anyone else had success importing to Onenote lately?

You might do better asking in the OneNote forums - anyone who has successfully moved on may not still be monitoring here...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

You might do better asking in the OneNote forums - anyone who has successfully moved on may not still be monitoring here...

That's a good point. I didn't think that one all the way through. Thanks. 😅

• Like 1
On 5/4/2023 at 11:33 AM, gazumped said:

It's understandable that any increase is unwelcome,  and I totally sympathise - but look around you:  is it out of proportion with other web services?  In the UK that's the cost of one cup of coffee per week (other beverages are available) and I do have online subscriptions that are higher and (to me) of less practical value.  But you have to do what you gotta do..  good luck out there.

It's out of proportion. Their personal plan is a joke too, counting browser sessions as clients, so only two apps or browsers allowed (I have 3devices for personal use, 1 Mobile, 1 Laptop, 1 desktop/NUC/Pi). Evernote always was annoyingly bad in many ways, but worked and had searching. Go for OneNote or something else worth paying for.

A good example of what I commented some days back that the price had increased with the banding around of AI buzzwords to help justify the large increase..... 

The AI button is prominent where the style button was so you can accidentally hit it - no options to move/remove. No toolbar customisation. 

Secondly, I had notes that refused to load this week. They eventually loaded after killing and restarting Evernote but it's basic things like these two issues that get me annoyed when prices rises as large as this arrive and the latest buzz words are used over making the app absolutely solid. 

Bending Spoons needs to communicate more clearly and more often how they are going to use the additional income and how they will bring in new users to prevent current users being price gouged again in a few months. More tier options would be a start. 

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Tyeth said:

Their personal plan is a joke too, counting browser sessions as clients, so only two apps or browsers allowed

? That applies to the free plan.  If you're complaining that Evernote aren't giving away enough of their services...

20 minutes ago, Tyeth said:

or something else worth paying for.

But if you are paying then most restrictions are off - as many devices as you want,  note limits and upload limits that I'm never close to reaching...

Like everyone is saying - you do you.  If you want to stay and use the service - fine.  If you don't - and have the time and expertise to set up another service so it fits your needs - also fine.  But what's done is done:  I very much doubt someone is going to say "No no - that was all a horrible mistake!" at this late stage...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, Tyeth said:

It's out of proportion. Their personal plan is a joke too, counting browser sessions as clients, so only two apps or browsers allowed (I have 3devices for personal use, 1 Mobile, 1 Laptop, 1 desktop/NUC/Pi). Evernote always was annoyingly bad in many ways, but worked and had searching. Go for OneNote or something else worth paying for.

If you're going to make criticisms and promote other services, please at least use facts. "Bad in many ways" is just a general statement of opinion. The Personal plan allows unlimited devices: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157-Compare-Evernote-subscription-plans. It also offers many advantages over Free, such as emailing notes into Evernote and searching in attachments. Whether these are worth the cost depends on each individual's needs and resources, but choices should be made on the basis of reality.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
Just now, xleon said:

45%÷ Evernote price increase was a bad suprise

If you were a subscriber you got somewhere between 30 and 335 days notice that if you didn't think the increased price was worth it,  you could move on.  Stuff happens with commercial products.  Sorry if it was a shock.

I’m dithering. I’ve used Evernote since 2011 and when you’ve used an app that long you get pretty enmeshed.

But my price increase, from $69 per year to $129 is about an 88% increase and the upcoming AI features are irrelevant to me.

I’ll prob go along with it this year until I can figure out an alternative.

“Evernote’s first green was gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf was a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsided to leaf.
Bending Spoons sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.”

-with apologies to Frost
😔
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, gazumped said:
8 hours ago, xleon said:

45%÷ Evernote price increase was a bad suprise

If you were a subscriber you got somewhere between 30 and 335 days notice that if you didn't think the increased price was worth it,  you could move on.  Stuff happens with commercial products.  Sorry if it was a shock.

Yes, 30 days for me - so no time at all to evaluate alternatives and migrate so doubly bad suprise. 

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, Jan52 said:

But my price increase, from $69 per year to $129 is about an 88% increase and the upcoming AI features are irrelevant to me

But when did you last get a price rise? Six years ago for me. I think Evernote would have been better to have annual increments.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, agsteele said:

But when did you last get a price rise? Six years ago for me. I think Evernote would have been better to have annual increments.

This counter argument gets brought up often but six years ago I, at least, thought the new price was too high for what it delivered then.  The fact that it hasn’t increased in several years has made the value proposition better for me over time and with the current state of V10 the (old) pricing now seems about right.  Six years ago they were struggling to keep the clients patched and early V10 was a large step back so annual increases could not be realistically justified. With the rocky rollout of RTE and the very underwhelming AI note cleanup I think the new owners have jumped the gun in rolling out a price increase.  I do wonder what the cost could be if we were not supporting the freemium model.

The two things that bothered me most about Evernote was their poor communication and head scratching pricing.  I’m disappointed to see that Bending Spoons is following down the same path in both areas.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, CalS said:

69 to 129 in six years is about 11% compounded, that is 11% every year.

Hmmm... so next year we can expect something like
$144 for "Personal"
$189 for "Professional"
🤔

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, janndk said:

Hmmm... so next year we can expect something like
$144 for "Personal"
$189 for "Professional"
🤔

Who knows, doubtful, but the numbers are what they are for the current increase.  One can draw one's own conclusion.

8 hours ago, agsteele said:

It's sticker shock. Whether or not they've increased their price over the years, it's unreasonable to do it on one fell swoop. As I mentioned elsewhere, I can't justify paying this cost when compared to other software subscriptions I have. So now I have the inconvenience of learning a new note taking tool and altering my workflow. I think that's the problem everyone is facing. Increased price OR inconvenience. I've already cancelled. Although I may look into their educator discount.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I'm puzzled that everyone seems to need to be cared for by their software provider - I can't remember the last time I heard from any of the Big Five (whomever you may consider them to be) without it being some sort of sales message or price increase.  I prefer to maintain an armed neutrality with all the apps that I subscribe to.  I'll keep paying as long as it continues to seem worthwhile - or until I see something better.  A principle followed by Jean Rasczak.

The amount of the increase - yeah,  that's a bit eye-watering;  but like everyone here (well,  most of you at least) I love the idea of Evernote,  I just wish it worked better and faster.  I've paid my increased sub now - the jury is out on what the company can do to make me want to pay again next year...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

In the blog post giving information and rationalization for the new prices, along with information about new features, including AI, the prices and features were not explicitly connected. It's worth reading, or reading again, to get a sense of their explanation, whether you prefer it to your own or not. https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I'm puzzled that everyone seems to need to be cared for by their software provider - I can't remember the last time I heard from any of the Big Five (whomever you may consider them to be) without it being some sort of sales message or price increase.  I prefer to maintain an armed neutrality with all the apps that I subscribe to.  I'll keep paying as long as it continues to seem worthwhile - or until I see something better.  A principle followed by Jean Rasczak.

The amount of the increase - yeah,  that's a bit eye-watering;  but like everyone here (well,  most of you at least) I love the idea of Evernote,  I just wish it worked better and faster.  I've paid my increased sub now - the jury is out on what the company can do to make me want to pay again next year...

Well, in the audio engineering world that I'm a part of, the customer base complained when a company called Waves Audio went to a subscription-only model. Well, there was an intense backlash. Waves Audio retracted - https://www.musicradar.com/news/waves-plugin-subscription-service-uproar

Based on what I'm seeing in Evernote land, that doesn't seem to be how people feel about this, which is surprising. However, sometimes companies do respond to user complains.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, estevancarlos said:

Based on what I'm seeing in Evernote land, that doesn't seem to be how people feel about this, which is surprising.

Evernote went to a subscription model, I think, when it first became cloud based, years ago.  I don't like subscription models either but Evernote does not have a total maximum storage limit.  Instead it allows a maximum upload each month, therefore the total storage limit is constantly increasing.  In this case, a subscription model made sense to me.  

30 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Evernote went to a subscription model, I think, when it first became cloud based, years ago.  I don't like subscription models either but Evernote does not have a total maximum storage limit.  Instead it allows a maximum upload each month, therefore the total storage limit is constantly increasing.  In this case, a subscription model made sense to me.  

I misspoke. I don't mean Evernote's subscription model is a problem. I'm referring to their dramatic change in pricing model. With Waves Audio, going from a one-time fee a to subscription was a problem for many. In my opinion, I would expect an 80% increase in price from Evernote to be equally disappointing.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, estevancarlos said:

I don't mean Evernote's subscription model is a problem. I'm referring to their dramatic change in pricing model.

No disagreement from me there.

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'm puzzled that everyone seems to need to be cared for by their software provider

This is where I see the difference between service and just a product. I'm middle-aged, and from my perspective, customer service is a dying art. Not all customer service, but a lot. So, "caring" about the customer usually equals profit when done right.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, gazumped said:

Actually, Federico, Evernote product lead, said this in their online update:

"The new prices are effective starting May 1 for new subscribers and starting end of May for existing subscribers. We’re notifying all customers who are impacted 28 days before their renewal date."

That is not much time for many of us to find a replacement. I'm trying to move my notes to Onenote, but having much difficulty in doing so. Their importer is no longer in service, so I'm trying to figure out how to move thousands of notes in an efficient manner.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are different strategies, between full export, drop to free, only create new content in the new environment, move old content to an archive based on HTML and files etc.

What I am always marveling at is the tendency to request a service provider to supernnany the user. Oh, 28 days is not enough, oh, they need to provide more direct export to competitors, oh, raising prices it so evil, I’m emotionally drained now etc.

It is a yearly subscription, it is known prices can change at the end of a subscription period, I should be looking at any time in my fields of interest what is going on. When the heads up message is send, I have a full month. If it’s not enough, what about going to a monthly subscription, if I (literally) need to buy more time ?

We don’t need anybody to supernanny our fate !

P.S. OK, that was THE statement. When prices were raised, I received an email from Apple telling me the next time my AppStore subscription is up, the price will be higher. This was way before 4 weeks. Hey, I was supernannied by the most valuable tech company in the world …

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Hey, I was supernannied by the most valuable tech company in the world …

I agree that a lot of price notifications come out well in advance,  presumably to let users get used to the idea - and look around for alternatives.  But most price increases don't happen in companies that got taken over and completely restructured in the past few months.  Hopefully those that stay pn will have more notice in future,  but what's done is done.  I already paid my higher subscription - now waiting for the fixes and improvements to justify it!

• 2 weeks later...

This price increase coupled with the slow as mollases opening of notes due to the new database means goodbye to Evernote after 10+ years. Apple Notes is free and rapidly improving and I can use on all my Apple devices without limitations. Only thing lacking now is the web clipper, but I'm sure that will be added in the future.

• Level 5

Can’t say it would be slow - the interim speed issues are mainly sorted out for me with 10.58.5.

Apple Notes is a simpler approach to note taking. If it serves your needs, fine. I wouldn’t build on it to gain new features fast.

Apple draws quite a nice profit from 3rd party apps that sell through the AppStore. They will not drain this source of income by really pushing the native apps too far. There is no strategy to lead the pack, never was, never will. As I said, if you are happy with a downsizing, why not.

• Like 1
On 6/10/2023 at 1:12 PM, estevancarlos said:

I misspoke. I don't mean Evernote's subscription model is a problem. I'm referring to their dramatic change in pricing model. With Waves Audio, going from a one-time fee a to subscription was a problem for many. In my opinion, I would expect an 80% increase in price from Evernote to be equally disappointing.

Evernote has been in somewhat of a disarray for 7-8 years now. A lot of users left in that time. The remaining paid users are a committed bunch, and still many have been leaving lately.

If there's 100,000 paid users who are so deeply entrenched in Evernote that they will pay e.g. $40 per month for it, which still "costs less than three lattes a week", they would  be bringing in more money than 600,000 users paying $6 a month. If the company gave up on expanding their user base, and is sitting on a large hoard of user data that is not easily moved elsewhere, rent-seeking starts to look very promising. The users who agree to pay that much aren't going to complain, and those who complain aren't going to pay anyway.

And how many people do you know that are buying a Starbucks latte at least once a day, every day, without a second thought ? A Grande will run you over $5 with tax and tips. Evernote is still rather cheap by comparison.

• Like 1

Plan increased from $70 to $129

->>>> just cancelled <<<<-

The  relentless increases are too much so after 9 years as an Evernote user, Good Bye

Moving on to UpNote - $30 for a LIFETIME subscription. 

All the best Evernote Team

On 5/23/2023 at 11:14 PM, jeanmiele said:

"Now that you’ve made it nearly impossible for me to migrate to another app by disabling my ability to export notes..."

Jeanmiele, I know your feeling about not being able to export your notes from the latest version of the app (with the limit of only being able to export 100 items at a time).  However, if you download and install the Evernote Legacy app (which still works a little bit on my Mac) you will find that you can export all your note again as one export, or (and I did it this way on my Mac) by exporting each individual Notebook.

• Evernote Expert
10 minutes ago, David Bent said:

or (and I did it this way on my Mac) by exporting each individual Notebook

This is by far the best approach since it is the only way to capture the notebook structure. As it happens this is still possible in v10.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, David Bent said:

with the limit of only being able to export 100 items at a time

Just to note: (pun intended...) it is possible to export entire notebooks - just go to the Notebooks tab and click the 3-dots menu on the right.

• Level 5

@David Bent Oh, excellent: Use legacy, select all notes, export, one ENEX file created.

Then import it: If it worked (some apps choke on getting too much volume, and will break off), you have all of your notes on one big heap, no notebook structure. If this is what you intended, well done.

If your notebook structure has any meaning to you, then you just lost it.

Even with legacy that was technically (!) able to export „All notes“, it was always recommended to export one notebook at a time. It‘s the only way to preserve the notebook information, by creating one ENEX file per notebook. That‘s exactly what v10 offers. You can export any notebook, any size.

These new features over the last few years have meant nothing to me, I just wanted to be able to export more than 50 notes, still no, (as a long time user I know how) legacy etc, did it today but most don’t. I wanted matching keyboard shortcuts for the mac and iPad OS, 3 years later! still no, I have no interest in google calendar, I have a fantastic task manager and it’s not Evernote. I don’t use the Home Screen, I just used favourites to organise what I wanted, much quicker and better than the gimmicky surprisingly pointless Home Screen with it’s cup of coffee. Reliable sync, really, wasn’t I paying for that for the last 12 years?  Did Evernote ever tell new users going back, by the way our sync hasn’t actually worked for the last 3 years but that’s a part of what you’re paying for. No they didn’t and they are trying to sell that to us again as a “new paid feature” our app now syncs! Wow, give me a big slap on the back and open your wallets. No. It should have always worked, did for other companies, it’s not magic.

I have no interest in AI for a note taking app, doesn’t make any sense,  I don’t collaborate with other people in real time, does anyone really? Gimmicks that’s all they are, jack of all trades, master of none. What else can we stick in this app, stuff it full and forget why were were here in the first place.

Collaboration, I see that spoken about with other companies like Adobe a lot, in the real world it’s rare and you certainly don’t want to do it anyway, too many cooks and all. No designer want’s another designer or client looking over their shoulder commenting, do you? “Really what do you think of my work, design etc” can’t think of anything worse.

I’ve just been told two days ago that my subscription is going up 85% No it isn’t I’m off as of today, I cancelled.

The way they have handled this reminds me of the last lot that took over, quite arrogant, yes I’m talking about you Ian and your only 2% use tags comment, so we’re not really interested in them comment, that’s why we put them at the bottom of the screen comment. I haven’t forgotten. He didn’t understand his own product and I’m feeling things repeating themselves right now.

They won’t get new users with this pricing or quite frankly insulting strategy.

The first I heard from or about spoon was this 85% increase email, do you think that’s how to handle customer relations? I don’t.

Also can you imagine, if you let them get away with this increase this year how much you’ll be paying for this identical service 1 or 5 years from now? You lot enjoy your collaboration and your AI, I’m off.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, MrIllustrator said:

You lot enjoy your collaboration and your AI, I’m off.

If you don't think the new package is worth it,  then it's entirely your right to go elsehwere.  Good luck with that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 7:04 AM, bmcl26 said:

The new features in the last two and a half years, Home Screen, Calendar Integration, Tasks, Widgets and now the real game changer, the New Sync,  more than justify the increase as far as I am concerned.

Home is not useful for me, calendar missing outlook support, tasks unreliable (unchecking and duplicating) Widgets on iOS nice but mobile app is so so, AI so far useless (has promise) , and the worst is Notes losing information right after I typed them.

My point is fix the problems you created before a price increase, would make it more palatable and add the value. 

14 minutes ago, Mark Dry said:

Home is not useful for me, calendar missing outlook support, tasks unreliable (unchecking and duplicating) Widgets on iOS nice but mobile app is so so, AI so far useless (has promise) , and the worst is Notes losing information right after I typed them.

My point is fix the problems you created before a price increase, would make it more palatable and add the value. 

Your opinion is certainly not my Experience (I have Outlook & Google Calander synced, so I can make/amend/delete in either, and it is reflected in the other and EN). Been on EN since 2011 and have NEVER lost any information.  I certainly did not like V10 when I was introduced (probably as it was change which most people don't like) Binned Legacy 18 mths ago and EN is now my Daily Dashboard. At a cost of 23p per day, it is excellent value to me.   Lots of things in other software I don't like but tend to just ignore it as I have no doubt others like these different features.  If En does not do what you want, you need to find an alternative.  I know that if it was not working for me or I was not getting value, I would change.  I have looked at other Notetaking Apps over the years, but none have come anywhere near my needs.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

@Mark Dry You list 4 lines of text with a handful of features that you don’t use. From the list it looks to me you didn’t even explore if they could be useful, but whatever. You seem an expert in not using features of a software, that’s what thrills me.

Now to my unresolved problem: I use Excel (a little OT), and from the 447 functions I only use 53, by my last count. These are very useful for me - but for 396 others, I have no use.

Should I now go to the Microsoft forum and lament about what a bloated product they have made - including a terrible number of features for which I have no use at all, but surely pay for with my subscription ? 

• Like 3