v10.67.2 Lagging Weirdly

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

After auto updating to the recently 10.67.2, my evernote app suddenly slows down to a crawl. Typing is slow, and the if i click "new" button on the left menu, the animation takes about 7 seconds to appear. 

However, Evernote's memory usage and CPU usage isnt high. The rest of my computer is fine, works fast as per normal. Evernote lags even if i just restarted computer and nothing is open

This only happened after the recent update. Before this it was fine.

i uninstalled and reinstalled a much older version (only version i can find), and it works fine too, no lags. However, as you know, Evernote auto updates. 

i have a laptop running intel i7-1260P  2.1 GHz with 16GB of memory. . 

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

Auto updates can go wrong,  so rather than step back you're probably better off to do a complete uninstall / clean reinstall to see whether that helps.

• Sign out and tick "remove my data"
  • Use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to remove Evernote and any related system files
  • Power the device off and on again to clear temporary caches
  • Re-download and reinstall the latest Evernote app from Evernote.com

- This all takes a little time - so allow an hour or so for everything to catch up.

ya this will take a lot of time, esp since ill have to redo all the settings.

but no choice, will try this.  

ive already tried the normal uninstallation, but that didnt work. only the older version works fine, but once it gets auto updated to the new 10.67.2, it doesnt work anymore. 

• Level 5

If there is a problem with lagging and similar, a full uninstall is often the best way out. The regular uninstaller will not do that job, nor on Windows or Mac. The free uninstaller apps known to do the job are Revo Uninstaller for Windows and AppCleaner for the Mac.

• Like 1

This has happened to me too. I updated to 10.67.2 today, and immediately Evernote slowed to a crawl! Typing stutters, and even just moving the mouse over the list of notes on the left side lags (the highlight doesn't move fast enough to track the mouse). It's horrible!

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Oren Hurvitz said:

immediately Evernote slowed to a crawl!

If that was a routine update,  it may have gone wrong.  I'm using 10.67.2 with no great delays - maybe try a clean reinstall?

Dump the database,  uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac),  restart the device/ reinstall from Evernote.com,  sign back in

• Evernote Expert

I think this is an issue facing a growing number of users - me included. I did all the database/uninstall stuff. The screen still lags the keystrokes a little.

Win 11 Pro. Evernote 10.67.2

• Like 2
2 hours ago, agsteele said:

I think this is an issue facing a growing number of users - me included. I did all the database/uninstall stuff. The screen still lags the keystrokes a little.

Win 11 Pro. Evernote 10.67.2

It was the same experience for me on my Intel Mac and M1 laptop.  I decided to go back to 10.66.5. Problems have gone away.  I will wait for the next update and give that one a try. I agree with @gazumped and will "exercise extreme patience."  Thanks for the posts here.  They are helpful. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

If that was a routine update,  it may have gone wrong.  I'm using 10.67.2 with no great delays - maybe try a clean reinstall?

Dump the database,  uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac),  restart the device/ reinstall from Evernote.com,  sign back in

I tried that, including uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller and reinstalling. Same problem.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Bull said:

It was the same experience for me on my Intel Mac and M1 laptop.  I decided to go back to 10.66.5. Problems have gone away.  I will wait for the next update and give that one a try. I agree with @gazumped and will "exercise extreme patience."  Thanks for the posts here.  They are helpful. 

Where did you find an older version of Evernote? I only see such versions on third-party sites and I'm afraid to download from them in case they contain a virus.

12 hours ago, Oren Hurvitz said:

Where did you find an older version of Evernote? I only see such versions on third-party sites and I'm afraid to download from them in case they contain a virus.

I upgrade manually from the evernote website and keep earlier versions just in case something goes wrong with the update. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, Oren Hurvitz said:

Fixed! The problem is that Evernote turned off Hardware Acceleration.

Great call. Seems to have done the trick for me too...

To be honest, I don't remember what setting I had previously but unchecking the box seems to have worked. 

3 hours ago, Oren Hurvitz said:

Fixed! The problem is that Evernote turned off Hardware Acceleration. I wasn't even aware that this option exists; perhaps it's new, and it defaults to "Off"?

Anyway, enabling hardware acceleration (in "Tools > Settings") solved the problem.

In a fit of UI brilliance, you have to turn off the checkbox in order to enable hardware acceleration:

image.png.63a4fb578bdd231992988c117a8d88b5.png

it works!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Tried to activate hardware acceleration yet ? 

If it’s on, switch it off, leave the app, open it again and try.

Thanks for your answer.

I did: the following screenshot is with 10.67.2 and 3D acceleration enabled (as per the "GPU 0 - 3D" label in the GPU engine column).

image.thumb.png.a922cbfc974eef8b77cc9069af75110d.png

If I minimize the EV window the CPU consumption drops to 0%!:

image.thumb.png.dc841cbd4926697a60d20e8997d7387f.png

And for completeness, this is how it looks with the non-sluggish EV 10.64.5:

image.thumb.png.2de6cc668be5c7d4d67712082fb1b0b9.png

Hope a quick fix is on the works.

I'm keeping 10.64.5 running all the time and reinstalling ir every time I'm forced to restart.

Juan Carlos---

• Level 5

Frankly - I have no idea. First I am a user, second I am on the Mac, third it’s all fine for me.

If enabling HW-Acceleration doesn’t do the job (to ENable the checkbox must be DISabled), no more ideas,

Ask support - or another user comes up with an idea.

• Level 5*

I'm running Win 11 and EN 10.67.2 and get  "very low" usage across the board.

If you've uninstalled using Revo and checked the acceleration settings after reinstall then it really means waiting for the next update (if the devs can see any issues from their side) or going through Support.  :(

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I'm running Win 11 and EN 10.67.2 and get  "very low" usage across the board.

If you've uninstalled using Revo and checked the acceleration settings after reinstall then it really means waiting for the next update (if the devs can see any issues from their side) or going through Support.  :(

Thanks for your answer.

I didn't reinstall with Revo (I'm reluctant on using it), I did check the acceleration setting (Task Manager actually says EV is using the GPU).

How do I contact support?

Juan Carlos---

Hello,

With 10.67.4 the problem somehow persists, but not so exacerbated.

Now, as crazy as it sounds, it seems the issue is related to a high GPU usage (75%) when an EV note includes a YouTube video: if I scroll the note so that the YouTube video (which is not being played) is no longer visible, the CPU drops to a high but not crazy 10% or so.

Juan Carlos---

45 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Check if hardware acceleration is set on or off in the app settings.

Toggle it to see if anything changes. You need to restart to make the change effective.

It is on (check disabled).

image.png.98363c62dd13b5dddc38f95e1c27bff0.png

Back to 10.64.5 it seems.

Juan Carlos---

image.png

• Level 5*

You could try a full-on Clean Reinstall...

1 - Exit Evernote (if you can) / delete data from device
2 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)
3 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on
4 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com
5 - Reinstall.  It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

If you have any issues deleting Evernote data,  see:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004231762-Remove-Evernote-data-from-your-Mac-or-Windows-device 

On 12/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, PinkElephant said:

I did raise a ticket to EV support and after asking for me to redo a long series of steps that I'd explained before I already did and after asking me for many details (windows version, screenshots, sending them the logs...) they replied with:

We are currently restructuring the Evernote Customer Support department to ensure we can deliver a better service to you and all our customers. Some delay in response time is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Then they direct me to read the resources available at Help & Learning and, if the problem persists, they prompt me to start from the beginning, and document it all:_

• As many details as possible regarding your request and experience
  • All the steps that you took to resolve your doubts or issues after referring to the Help & Learning resources.

In other words, they washed their hands over the issue.

I'm stuck at  10.64.5 it. I wonder what I'm paying for...

Juan Carlos---

3 hours ago, agsteele said:

That response is the default holding message. Basically it means you are still waiting for a reply from a human being.

Thank you.

The weird thing is that I got that message AFTER another one that replied to my original message to them.

That message of theirs, although also quite general, did ask me for the logs and stuff, and I dutifully replied with all the info.

Then, in a separate thread, I got the one referenced above, so I lost hope.

I'll wait...

Thank you again.

• 1 month later...

This issue has returned.  Nearly unusable.  Windows 11.  Hardware Acceleration is not an option I see.   I love Evernote, but if I can't use it - I need another solution. 

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Derekos said:

This issue has returned.  Nearly unusable.  Windows 11.  Hardware Acceleration is not an option I see.   I love Evernote, but if I can't use it - I need another solution. 

Hi.  Device / Evernote version?  Have you tried uninstalling with Revo uninstaller and redownloading / reinstalling from Evernote.com?

7 hours ago, Derekos said:

I found that previewing YouTube videos (I use that feature a lot) is the source of the problem for me. When I hit it, I change the visualization of that video to Tittle only and EV behaves again… until the next one.

Hope this helps someone

Juan Carlos— 

• Like 1

Hi,
I'm on 10.73.3 Windows and Evernote is very slow: for instance, creating a new note takes between 15s and 40s. I have a feeling it has something to do with hardware acceleration because I can see a lot of usage on my GPU, but the Hardware acceleration option is missing from the options. Is it possible to access it elsewhere?

I ever tried all the common steps: disconnect, delete data on the device, revo, restart PC, etc. and I contacted the support for that (I'm waiting for a reply after I send screen capture and logs).

On 1/25/2024 at 6:44 PM, PinkElephant said:

Beside this we have reports that a lot of notes in the trash can cause laggyness.

Lots of notes? Um, let's say I have almost 5000 in the trash 😳. Okay, I emptied the trash: same problem.

On 1/25/2024 at 6:44 PM, PinkElephant said:

You can toggle hardware acceleration to see what effect it has.

On 1/25/2024 at 6:47 PM, gazumped said:

Windows apps no longer have a 'hardware acceleration' option :huh:

Indeed, I do not have the option with version 10.73.4 Windows.

I installed an older version, 10.66.5, the option is present and by deactivating hardware acceleration (box checked), the problem is solved!

Basically, with hardware acceleration enabled:

Creating an empty note takes 15-60 seconds and my GPU is 85% used:

image.png.c18359ec676e7b5636a3e18aeed1e84c.png

Viewing a note containing at least one YouTube video in Preview mode causes the same issue.

And sometimes my computer stops responding for several minutes!

In short, for me Evernote has gone from slow (since v10) to unusable with these latest versions.

With hardware acceleration disabled, note creation is 3-5 seconds, and GPU usage is almost at 0!
YouTube videos in preview mode no longer consume GPU but a little CPU (10%). For this reason, I chose to display them in text mode, and when I can visually preview the video, I display the preview, take a screenshot, switch back to text mode, and paste the small screenshot below. It's less greedy.

The cause is therefore found, but the thing is that there is no longer an option on new versions of Evernote.

I noticed that this setting creates the following line in the localsettings.json file located in %appdata%\evernote:

"HardwareAccelerationDisabled": true

So I tried to manually add this line but it doesn't work.

Waiting for an update that restores the hardware acceleration setting, so I'm trying to stay with my old version, but it's not easy because there is no setting to disable automatic updating.

I tried to modify the config.json file located in %appdata%\evernote like this:

"forceUpdateOnStart": false,
    "popupNoteWindowLimit": 20,
    "updateCheckPeriodMs": 8640000000

but that's not enough.

I have to manually delete the pending folder which keeps coming up in %localappdata%\evernote-client-updater

If you have a more effective idea. But of course, it bothers me to turn off automatic updates, I want it to be temporary.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, nonobio said:

Waiting for an update that restores the hardware acceleration setting

Don't know why it was removed,  or whether it's coming back - I suggest that you report it yourself if you haven't already done so,  referring to this thread URL for details...

I just replied to the ticket I opened for this problem, and I put the link to here. But I haven't had a response for 3 days after sending my screen recording and logs.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, nonobio said:

But I haven't had a response for 3 days

They were running very long wait times at the end of last year - 20+ days from first contact - and the standard 'send us more details' response is just an automatic system.  Patience required,  I'm afraid...

@nonobio, it strike me that  3 to 5 seconds, even after changing hardware acceleration, is still pretty slow.  For me on my 3 windows machines, it's consistently about a second. The one thing you can try while you're waiting for support, it to take care of the possibility that data corruption in your local Evernote data is contributing to your problem.  I don't see a mention that you have uninstalled Evernote completely using Revo Uninstaller, and reinstalling it.  That way Evernote will install a new copy of your database and also your registry will be cleaned out of any potential corrupted entries.  It's not enough to use the Windows uninstaller.  If you have already done this, never mind!

Vinnie

Thanks @VincentC but I have already completely uninstalled Evernote with Revo several times including the last time this morning.

My PC is a bit old and not super fast, I think that contributes to Evernote being slow. On my other PC, newer and faster, it takes me 2 seconds to create a new note and see the cursor ready, and this PC is not impacted by hardware acceleration (it has the latest version of Evernote ).

On 1/26/2024 at 4:48 PM, VincentC said:

it strike me that  3 to 5 seconds, even after changing hardware acceleration, is still pretty slow.  For me on my 3 windows machines, it's consistently about a second.

Hi,
Your message made me think. For my part, since upgrading to v10 on my laptop, Evernote has always been rather slow. At the time I spent hours chatting with support and in the end, the problem was not resolved. I got used to it and I thought that all Evernote 10 users were affected by slowness problems compared to v6 legacy.

In short, following your message I did speed tests, both on my laptop PC which is the one where I mainly use Evernote, and also on my faster and more recent desktop PC, but which is unfortunately not the one on which I use Evernote daily.

Here are my results:

FYI I have 26740 notes, and thousands of tags and my internet connection is ADSL1 (8Mb/1Mb)

Evernote 10.73.4 (hardware acceleration enabled) on my laptop PC CPU Intel Core i5 4310U GPU Intel HD Graphics RAM 8 GB SSD

• note creation 12s 14s 20s 17s 43s and the window does not respond 
  • note display note panel 7s 5s 3s 3s 8s
  • open in new window 16s 9s 8s 8s
  • paste image 5s 5s 3s

Suffice it to say that it is very difficult to use in these conditions 😓.

Evernote 10.66.5 (hardware acceleration disabled) Laptop PC CPU Intel Core i5 4310U RAM 8 GB SSD

• creation note 4s 3s 3s 3s
  • note display note panel 2s 1s 3s 8s
  • open in new window 8s 5s 4s 5s 8s
  • paste image 1s 1s 1s 1s

I've been using Evernote at this speed for years (the move to v10), it's not very fast but I try to be patient 🧘.

Evernote 10.73.4 Desktop PC CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics RAM 16 GB SSD

• creation note 1s 1s 1s
  • note display note panel 3s 1s 1s 2s 2s
  • open in new window 2s 1s 3s 2s
  • paste image 0.5s 0.5s 0.5s

I tested the desktop applications or store, the same results.

Evernote Legacy 6.25.3.9348 Desktop PC CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics RAM 16 GB SSD

• creation note 0s 0s 0s 0s
  • note display note panel 0s 0s 0s 0s
  • open in new window 1s 1s 1s 1s
  • paste image 0s 0s 0s 0s

As you can see, this activated hardware acceleration thing doesn't please my laptop at all and makes the application difficult to use.

But I also noticed that apart from this problem, the performance of my laptop means that Evernote does not run as well as on my faster PC.

Evernote is greedy. The thing is that I don't have any plans to change my PC for the moment, but maybe adding RAM could help a little, finally if the hardware acceleration option problem is solved...

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, nonobio said:
Evernote 10.73.4 ... laptop ... Core i5 ... 8 GB
  • [all activity] >3s

... is nearly my feeling (although I've some more GB). THX for the counts.

@nobio,

My two desktops are Ryzen 5800H machines with 32 mb memory and, without making specific measurements,  I'm getting about the same performance as you are.  For me, these timings are perfectly fine.  They don't slow me down at all.

I notice that your Internet connection is pretty slow, though, and Evernote 10 needs both upload and download capability to work.  If you are in the U.S.,  have you looked into the wireless Internet services offered by Verizon and T-Mobile?  They're fairly inexpensive, ubiquitous, and with careful receive antenna placement (like in a window facing the right direction), I've seen reports of 25 mbs down even on LTE, and speeds approaching 100 mbs down on 5g connections.  There is a YouTuber, Nater Tater, who has a lot of informative videos.

Vinnie

16 minutes ago, VincentC said:

Ryzen 5800H machines with 32 mb memory

Nothing to to with EN but I've been looking at mini-pc's this evening and have seem some with Ryzen 5800H & 32GB of RAM.... any good? Running Win 11?

Yes, John, that's exactly what I have.  It's not a gaming PC (and I'm not a gamer), but it's more than enough for Office 365, Adobe Lightroom, Evernote (keeping this comment relevant to this Forum!)  and any of the other "normal" stuff I throw at it.

Previously, I would build my own PCs because it was somewhat enjoyable (I'm a tinkerer) as well as I could get more bang for the buck.  But these mini PCs are so inexpensive and they have so convenient a form factor, that it's just not worth the time.  I read somewhere that these are basically the CPUs and motherboards that get used in laptops, but in a different form factor.

This is the specific model I bought but there are others too: I bought one for our primary home in the US, and a second for our second home in Mexico:

Amazon.com: TRIGKEY AMD Ryzen 7 Mini PC 5800H(8 Cores, 16 Threads) 32GB DDR4 1TB M.2 NVME(Max 3000MB/S) SSD Gaming S5 Mini Computer WOS Pro.Micro PC Wi-Fi 6/Bluetooth 5.2/USB 3.2 : Everything Else

It also comes with a VESA mounting plate so you can mount it on the back of your monitor if it's VESA compatible or, as I did, use the bracket to mount it under my desktop and out of the way.

If you want to go down the YouTube rabbit hole, there are dozens of videos on different models, some quite a bit cheaper than the model I bought.  

Vinnie

• Thanks 1

Thanks @VincentC Much appreciated. I need something a little more powerful than I have (Lenovo 2in1 i5 7th Generation with 8GB RAM) as I find myself having to close a few tabs to get some performance back.

I've seen the TIGKEY ones on Amazon... will investigate later and get one delivered.

At the price and size they could easily become set top boxes in the future.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2024 at 12:00 PM, AlbertR said:
Evernote 10.73.4 ... laptop ... Core i5 ... 8 GB
  • [all activity] >3s

... is nearly my feeling (although I've some more GB). THX for the counts.

Thanks, so it's equivalent to what I have with my Laptop PC CPU Intel Core i5 4310U RAM 8 GB.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:47 PM, VincentC said:

My two desktops are Ryzen 5800H machines with 32 mb memory and, without making specific measurements,  I'm getting about the same performance as you are.  For me, these timings are perfectly fine.  They don't slow me down at all.

You mean you have the same performance as I have with my Desktop PC CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics RAM 16 GB right?

On 1/27/2024 at 6:47 PM, VincentC said:

I notice that your Internet connection is pretty slow, though, and Evernote 10 needs both upload and download capability to work.  If you are in the U.S.,  have you looked into the wireless Internet services offered by Verizon and T-Mobile?

I also thought about the internet connection which is therefore constantly used with Evernote 10 whereas this was not the case with Legacy, but my two PCs use the same connection and are both connected via Gigabit Ethernet. Speeds measured on my Desktop PC CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics RAM 16 GB show that the internet connection is not the cause of the slowness. Afterward, it must surely have an impact when other applications or devices request the bandwidth. But I have no plans to change Internet service provider, and I am in France.

• Level 5

There are some factors: Hardware Acceleration (you already tried), local database corruption (lagging on starting the app or opening notes, especially those with attachments or constantly high CPU load are some signals), general setup (a U-model, older generation chip is no star performer in general), keeping the number of notes in trash low.

Can only say for me speed is no issue, because it‘s fast on my devices, but I am on Mac and iOS, so no direct comparison.

You can try to replace your existing local database by running a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller, then restart, then reinstall from the EN website. After opening the app for the first time, let it run for a while to make a full download.

10 hours ago, nonobio said:

You mean you have the same performance as I have with my Desktop PC CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics RAM 16 GB right?

Yes.

Re: Internet speed:  I didn't mean to suggest that was necessarily the cause of your slowness.  I only mentioned it because I think awareness of these new wireless options in the states among folks who could benefit from them is relatively low, I think.

Vinnie

• Like 1
21 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You can try to replace your existing local database by running a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller, then restart, then reinstall from the EN website. After opening the app for the first time, let it run for a while to make a full download.

I've already done a complete uninstallation several times:

On 1/25/2024 at 6:10 PM, nonobio said:

I ever tried all the common steps: disconnect, delete data on the device, revo, restart PC, etc.

On 1/26/2024 at 5:04 PM, nonobio said:

I have already completely uninstalled Evernote with Revo several times including the last time this morning.

I continue to use Evernote 10.66.5 avoiding automatic updating, so it works (hardware acceleration disabled)...

27 minutes ago, nonobio said:

Je continue d'utiliser Evernote 10.66.5 en évitant la mise à jour automatique, du coup ça fonctionne (accélération matérielle désactivée)...

I've done complete re-installs of both (EN10.x and Legacy) many times and I'm tired of this. Every new EN10 fixes some of my needs - but introduced some other 😞

It's OK to have a development methodology to release fast and often. So every free time slot is filled up with nice surprises 🔍
. But to create free time slots, I've to use Legacy... 😉 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, nonobio said:

I just replied to the ticket I opened for this problem, and I put the link to here. But I haven't had a response for 3 days after sending my screen recording and logs.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:34 PM, gazumped said:

They were running very long wait times at the end of last year - 20+ days from first contact - and the standard 'send us more details' response is just an automatic system.  Patience required,  I'm afraid...

Hi,

Still no news from Evernote support following my message of January 23, 2024 and the latest version 10.75.2 has still not reinstated the hardware acceleration option. I'm still forced to stay with 10.66.5 and avoid auto-updating to use Evernote.

• Level 5

The hardware acceleration was removed from app settings because it created more trouble than it did any good in the past. This is not a bug !

Not updating creates its own problems, and cuts you off from support. They will only care if you are updated to the ultimate versions.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, nonobio said:

Evernote 10.73.4 (hardware acceleration enabled) on my laptop PC CPU Intel Core i5 4310U GPU Intel HD Graphics RAM 8 GB

• note creation 12s 14s 20s 17s 43s and the window does not respond 
  • note display note panel 7s 5s 3s 3s 8s
  • open in new window 16s 9s 8s 8s
  • paste image 5s 5s 3s

Suffice it to say that it is very difficult to use in these conditions 😓.

Evernote 10.66.5 (hardware acceleration disabled) Laptop PC CPU Intel Core i5 4310U RAM 8 GB SSD

• creation note 4s 3s 3s 3s
  • note display note panel 2s 1s 3s 8s
  • open in new window 8s 5s 4s 5s 8s
  • paste image 1s 1s 1s 1s

Hi,
I have to find solutions to continue using Evernote. I would love to use the latest versions, but I just can't, or everything I do will take me at least twice as long.
I'm still monitoring the new versions to see if the acceleration option is reinstated and/or if my problem is resolved. For example, I just tested 10.76.2: I have the same problem: 25 seconds to create an empty note...
If the hardware acceleration option created problems, I would like Evernote to tell me or give me a tip on how to enable it manually with the latest versions or to help me solve my problem in another way.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, nonobio said:

I would like Evernote to tell me or give me a tip on how to enable it manually

That option is no longer available in recent versions,  and was presumably removed for a reason...  Have you tried the whole "remove local database / uninstall with Revo" option?

Yes, several times. My current problem is really related to hardware acceleration: when it is not disabled (latest versions): my GPU is used a lot and most Evernote actions take 2 or 3 times longer...

• 1 month later...