Price Increase for Legacy Subscription

It’s been one disappointment after another with Evernote and their price increases, with no commensurate addition of features.   First, they rollout a new subscription platform and take away key features from Premium only to shift them to a more expensive option.  Today, I received notification that the legacy Premium price is increasing by 42% to $63.99/year.  That is an insane price increase especially when there are so many alternatives that are arguably better than the Evernote product offering.   So after 13 years as a loyal customer, I’ll be saying goodbye on January 26th, 2023 when my current subscription ends.   

32DD46E7-A192-40DE-884E-785C5005D414.jpeg

Edited by rbbcpa
Photo attachment
  • Like 3
  • Level 5*

Hi.  That seems to be a generic pricing advisory,  not what you personally would be charged  next year.  But if it is,  ad you decide that $5 per month is way too much to pay for access to Support and much higher storage limits,  then I can only sympathise.  Hope you're happy with your next choice of note-taking functionality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Level 5

Yay, another announcement in the public square of someone leaving Evernote! If this is supposed to be a complaint to Evernote, this is not a useful place to make it. The forums are user to user; as a paying subscriber you can create a support ticket (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and tell Evernote directly. If it is a warning to other users, well, they were likely to find out on their own and in plenty of time anyway. If it's a request for help and advice, which is what the forums are for, there's really nothing other users can do to help.

In the least-likely case that it's an invitation to offer our opinions, mine is that Evernote's only mistake was to leave it underpriced for so long, and especially to grandfather in outmoded pricing structures. Hence what appears as "price increases, with no commensurate addition of features" is, in my view, actually a lack of price increase at the time many new features were added with the changeover to v. 10 -- a bumpy process, to be sure, but one which gradually led to a more consistent interface and features across devices and platforms, and added features like the home page, tasks, etc., before any significant price increase.

Oh, and by the way there's inflation and supply chain issues raising costs on everything for everyone around the world. Evernote can't escape that either.

Of course, the new interface, home page, tasks, Google Calendar linkage, improved filtering and searching, etc., may not be anything you need enough to be willing to pay what they're worth. In which case, bon voyage, enjoy whatever app you land on, hope it works well for you. But, thunderous as it must seem to each of the person or two who make these announcements from day to day, anyone's leaving Evernote is not a matter of widespread interest among other users.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yay, another announcement in the public square of someone leaving Evernote! If this is supposed to be a complaint to Evernote, this is not a useful place to make it. The forums are user to user; as a paying subscriber you can create a support ticket (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and tell Evernote directly. If it is a warning to other users, well, they were likely to find out on their own and in plenty of time anyway. If it's a request for help and advice, which is what the forums are for, there's really nothing other users can do to help.

In the least-likely case that it's an invitation to offer our opinions, mine is that Evernote's only mistake was to leave it underpriced for so long, and especially to grandfather in outmoded pricing structures. Hence what appears as "price increases, with no commensurate addition of features" is, in my view, actually a lack of price increase at the time many new features were added with the changeover to v. 10 -- a bumpy process, to be sure, but one which gradually led to a more consistent interface and features across devices and platforms, and added features like the home page, tasks, etc., before any significant price increase.

Oh, and by the way there's inflation and supply chain issues raising costs on everything for everyone around the world. Evernote can't escape that either.

Of course, the new interface, home page, tasks, Google Calendar linkage, improved filtering and searching, etc., may not be anything you need enough to be willing to pay what they're worth. In which case, bon voyage, enjoy whatever app you land on, hope it works well for you. But, thunderous as it must seem to each of the person or two who make these announcements from day to day, anyone's leaving Evernote is not a matter of widespread interest among other users.

Hi "Dave-in-Decatur" - 

1. As a subscriber to Evernote since 2010, I have earned the right to voice my frustrations on a forum such as this (i.e. look up the definition of "forum" and use some imagination in applying that definition here),
  2. It is the least-likely case that I was seeking your opinion; however, since you offered it up I will respond.  I strenuously disagree with your assertion that the previous pricing structure was outmoded.  Outmoded compared to what?  Similarly situated note-taking platforms and/or other SAAS?  I don't think so.  There is something seriously wrong with the pricing paradigm at at Evernote when I look at the other productivity apps that I subscribe to (e.g. PDF Expert, Spark, Calendars Pro, Photoshop Express Photo Editor, Notability, even Apple One) and Evernote is 2x the price of the most expensive of these other apps.  At least when Spark (Readdle) introduced their subscription model, after a very long period of time during which the app was free, they offered existing users a lifetime 30% discount on their annual subscription.  Additionally, they listened to their user base and removed a paywall for a feature that was previously free.  Evernote has done nothing to reward customer loyalty or even curry some degree of customer loyalty with their pricing plans.  In my opinion, this was a lost opportunity that will drive more users to alternatives,
  3. I am fully aware of inflation and supply chain issues, but a 42% increase in my annual price (from $44.99 to $63.99) is not reasonable or commensurate with the features offered by other apps.  Factor in the pervasive and known security issues (my employer, a fortune 50 energy company, refuses to support it because of security concerns) and there is no way I am going to pay a penny more for this app.
  4. Refer back to point 1.  The only one attempting to communicate in a "thunderous" way is you, and I am sure you gain a lot of satisfaction, cloaked in the anonymity of your 4,022 posts, LVL 5, and 1,785 reputation score, from trolling the Evernote forums looking to spew your vitriol.  
  5. In the time I responded to your post, I have exported my 5,000+ notes spread across 10 notebooks into OneNote.  I am already impressed with the seamless integration with MS Office and OneDrive...
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  That seems to be a generic pricing advisory,  not what you personally would be charged  next year.  But if it is,  ad you decide that $5 per month is way too much to pay for access to Support and much higher storage limits,  then I can only sympathise.  Hope you're happy with your next choice of note-taking functionality.

It is not a generic price advisory.  I attached a screenshot of the subscription price from my iPhone.  Seems pretty definitive to me.

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

• Like 2
  • Level 5

The subscription prices rise - for every subscriber at the end of the respective subscription period.

Anybody can (and should) evaluate the value created, and set it into relation to the price charged. If it seems out of relation, take a decision.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, rbbcpa said:

In the time I responded to your post, I have exported my 5,000+ notes spread across 10 notebooks into OneNote.  I am already impressed with the seamless integration with MS Office and OneDrive...

What import tool have you used? Have you lost any (meta) info during the process?

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Legacy Premium and Plus are subject to an increase in price at the next renewal. 

The truth is that this is the first increase in many years. Evernote would, in my view, have been much wiser to have an annual increase in line with inflation on all subscription prices. I don't doubt that the price would then have been more than the proposed new price.

But if the new price isn't value for a user then, of course, you move on or drop to Free.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, eric99 said:

What import tool have you used? Have you lost any (meta) info during the process?

I downloaded the legacy OneNote importer back in March, and that’s what I used.  Unfortunately, MS removed it from their OneNote site.   Of the ~5,000 notes I imported, only 30 lost some information due to handwritten elements in the them.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rbbcpa said:

I downloaded the legacy OneNote importer back in March, and that’s what I used.  Unfortunately, MS removed it from their OneNote site.   Of the ~5,000 notes I imported, only 30 lost some information due to handwritten elements in the them.  

Good to know that there is a EN alternative but out of curiosity I  installed One Note again  and it seems even more bloated  and counter intuitive than before, no dark theme either...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, rbbcpa said:

Hi "Dave-in-Decatur" - 

1. As a subscriber to Evernote since 2010, I have earned the right to voice my frustrations on a forum such as this (i.e. look up the definition of "forum" and use some imagination in applying that definition here),
  2. It is the least-likely case that I was seeking your opinion; however, since you offered it up I will respond.  I strenuously disagree with your assertion that the previous pricing structure was outmoded.  Outmoded compared to what?  Similarly situated note-taking platforms and/or other SAAS?  I don't think so.  There is something seriously wrong with the pricing paradigm at at Evernote when I look at the other productivity apps that I subscribe to (e.g. PDF Expert, Spark, Calendars Pro, Photoshop Express Photo Editor, Notability, even Apple One) and Evernote is 2x the price of the most expensive of these other apps.  At least when Spark (Readdle) introduced their subscription model, after a very long period of time during which the app was free, they offered existing users a lifetime 30% discount on their annual subscription.  Additionally, they listened to their user base and removed a paywall for a feature that was previously free.  Evernote has done nothing to reward customer loyalty or even curry some degree of customer loyalty with their pricing plans.  In my opinion, this was a lost opportunity that will drive more users to alternatives,
  3. I am fully aware of inflation and supply chain issues, but a 42% increase in my annual price (from $44.99 to $63.99) is not reasonable or commensurate with the features offered by other apps.  Factor in the pervasive and known security issues (my employer, a fortune 50 energy company, refuses to support it because of security concerns) and there is no way I am going to pay a penny more for this app.
  4. Refer back to point 1.  The only one attempting to communicate in a "thunderous" way is you, and I am sure you gain a lot of satisfaction, cloaked in the anonymity of your 4,022 posts, LVL 5, and 1,785 reputation score, from trolling the Evernote forums looking to spew your vitriol.  
  5. In the time I responded to your post, I have exported my 5,000+ notes spread across 10 notebooks into OneNote.  I am already impressed with the seamless integration with MS Office and OneDrive...

Personal aspersions aside (I guarantee you I am vitriol-free), why not lead with this kind of detail? Perhaps I have just gotten sick of people who come into the forums specifically and only to announce their departure from Evernote as if this were a vital piece of information for Evernote and its other users. I find Evernote, for my purposes and in comparison with other tools I subscribe to, such as the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster dictionaries, a good value for the money. If it's not worth it to you, it's not worth it to you. That doesn't make Evernote's pricing actions insane, just something that should likely have been initiated long ago an carried out more gradually.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Personal aspersions aside (I guarantee you I am vitriol-free), why not lead with this kind of detail? Perhaps I have just gotten sick of people who come into the forums specifically and only to announce their departure from Evernote as if this were a vital piece of information for Evernote and its other users. I find Evernote, for my purposes and in comparison with other tools I subscribe to, such as the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster dictionaries, a good value for the money. If it's not worth it to you, it's not worth it to you. That doesn't make Evernote's pricing actions insane, just something that should likely have been initiated long ago a carried out more gradually.I

6 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Personal aspersions aside (I guarantee you I am vitriol-free), why not lead with this kind of detail? Perhaps I have just gotten sick of people who come into the forums specifically and only to announce their departure from Evernote as if this were a vital piece of information for Evernote and its other users. I find Evernote, for my purposes and in comparison with other tools I subscribe to, such as the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster dictionaries, a good value for the money. If it's not worth it to you, it's not worth it to you. That doesn't make Evernote's pricing actions insane, just something that should likely have been initiated long ago an carried out more gradually.

I didn’t feel the need to lead with the aforementioned detail because I didn’t realize a forum troll would pounce on my post, and spew nonsense with “authority”.  And, yes, Evernote’s rollout of their subscription model in March, and this month’s pricing increase on legacy plans completely disregards the loyalty of the very user base that vaulted Evernote to prominence.  Likewise, I predict this dismissive approach to customer service will mark the beginning of the end for Evernote.  That, coupled with the acquisition of Evernote by Bending Spoons (i.e., Evernote will be cannibalized and diluted by other Bending Spoons mobile apps) will create an opening to other innovators to fill this void.  At the end of the day, as an Evernote power-user, I cannot justify continuing to pay $65/yr. for an app that simply doesn’t provide equivalent utility to me.  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Hmmm - reading the thread I would rather say „ex-power-user“, and one showing a clear lack of respect, calling fellow forum users a troll.

But as they say, true character shows at the exit.

First, my designation of “Power-user” was obtained by being an early adopter of Evernote Web service in 2008 and by acquiring knowledge and mastery of the app, and it is certainly not relinquished just because I have pivoted to a new app. Second, the tone and word choice I used toward the fellow user was proportional to his tone and word choice towards me.  To allay your perceived “disrespect” toward the fellow user, I will happily replace “troll” with the appropriate definition.  Troll - “a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community”.  I think Dave-n-Decatur and you need to do some serious introspection and feign an attempt to be open to the fact that Evernote has significant shortcomings, least of all in its pricing.  Clearly, you’re both Evernote “fanboys” (I hope this verbiage isn’t too disrespectful for you), and are unable to even consider that my contentions have merit.  The irony in all of this is that a CSR from Evernote responded to my Twitter DM and has graciously offered me an annual pricing concession to allow me to “experience all of the new features being rolled out in 2023”.   Looks like I’ll be around for at least another year…

• Like 2
13 hours ago, eric99 said:

Good to know that there is a EN alternative but out of curiosity I  installed One Note again  and it seems even more bloated  and counter intuitive than before, no dark theme either...

I’m using OneNote on iOS, iPadOS and MacOS and sale theme is available.  I haven’t experienced anything yet that “bloats” the user experience, although, there will be some learning curve to become proficient.   I am willing to give it the old college try.  

I too have been an Evernote user for around 12 years and for a long time it was a vital part of my workflow. However, due to changes in said workflow combined with this same price increase I can’t justify hanging on to my subscription. 

Even though I am no longer adding things to Evernote as much, I don’t want to lose access to a decade+ worth of data.

If I downgrade to free will I still be able to access all of my notes and export them for backup/migration at a later time? Or do I need to export all of my notebooks before I downgrade?

• Like 4
  • Evernote Expert

If you downgrade to Free all your existing data will remain. All new notes would be limited to the Free limits as will data transfer. Any notes which already exceed the Free size limit will effectively be locked and not editable. But nothing will be lost.

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5
23 hours ago, rbbcpa said:

I didn’t feel the need to lead with the aforementioned detail because I didn’t realize a forum troll would pounce on my post, and spew nonsense with “authority”.  And, yes, Evernote’s rollout of their subscription model in March, and this month’s pricing increase on legacy plans completely disregards the loyalty of the very user base that vaulted Evernote to prominence.  Likewise, I predict this dismissive approach to customer service will mark the beginning of the end for Evernote.  That, coupled with the acquisition of Evernote by Bending Spoons (i.e., Evernote will be cannibalized and diluted by other Bending Spoons mobile apps) will create an opening to other innovators to fill this void.  At the end of the day, as an Evernote power-user, I cannot justify continuing to pay $65/yr. for an app that simply doesn’t provide equivalent utility to me.  

18 hours ago, rbbcpa said:

First, my designation of “Power-user” was obtained by being an early adopter of Evernote Web service in 2008 and by acquiring knowledge and mastery of the app, and it is certainly not relinquished just because I have pivoted to a new app. Second, the tone and word choice I used toward the fellow user was proportional to his tone and word choice towards me.  To allay your perceived “disrespect” toward the fellow user, I will happily replace “troll” with the appropriate definition.  Troll - “a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community”.  I think Dave-n-Decatur and you need to do some serious introspection and feign an attempt to be open to the fact that Evernote has significant shortcomings, least of all in its pricing.  Clearly, you’re both Evernote “fanboys” (I hope this verbiage isn’t too disrespectful for you), and are unable to even consider that my contentions have merit.  The irony in all of this is that a CSR from Evernote responded to my Twitter DM and has graciously offered me an annual pricing concession to allow me to “experience all of the new features being rolled out in 2023”.   Looks like I’ll be around for at least another year…

If you'd take a look at some of those 4K posts in which I have "cloaked" myself, you'd see that I mostly come here to try to help people with Evernote problems, and engage in some interesting conversations. And that I recognize Evernote's shortcomings when I perceive them. The pricing is not a shortcoming for me. Obviously it is for you, which is perfectly reasonable for you. The statements that the price change is "insane" and amounts to "price increases, with no commensurate addition of features" are your opinions also, but presented as if they were fact. A couple of us in this thread have addressed the latter, but you have not cared to defend it.

And by the way, whatever I say here is in no way a "dismissive approach to customer service" on the part of Evernote, since I don't have any connection to Evernote other than being a user.

So, to sum up from my point of view: you came in here swinging, and got swung back at. You don't care to understand who the people in the forum are or how they conduct themselves in it. Yet you know who's a "troll" based on their refusal to regard your personal experience and opinions as the only valid ones.

FWIW, I share your apprehensions about Bending Spoons. And I'm glad that Evernote has generously offered you a pricing concession, so you can continue to explore and hopefully enjoy Evernote's developing features for less than the rest of us pay. No doubt my just deserts.

Sigh. But you've accomplished one thing here. I'm done responding to people who come in to announce their departure from Evernote as if they were the last barrier between EN and catastrophe. It aggravates me excessively, which is on me. Better just to spend time offering what help I can.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@rbbcpa You may not be disrespectful as a person (who knows, watch into the mirror), here you behave as such.

Just leave … I can only repeat that true character often shows on the exit. You just prove that experience.

@PinkElephantmy initial post was totally benign but @Dave-in-Decatur decided to inject his views in a manner that was both disrespectful and marginalized me as an Evernote user.  Not only that, he attempted to suggest that my post wasn’t appropriate for the forum because, to summarize, it expressed an opinion that didn’t help other users.  Long story short, Evernote listened to and responded to my concerns RE:  pricing, and has offered a concession that will ensure I continue to use Evernote for another year.   I invite you to stop responding to this thread if you are unable to offer up anything meaningful and constructive.  

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5*
On 12/27/2022 at 5:25 AM, rbbcpa said:

look up the definition of "forum"

1 hour ago, rbbcpa said:

I invite you to stop responding to this thread

This is a forum where everyone gets to express their views,  whether or not you agree with them.  If you hover over a member profile there is an 'ignore' button which should mean that you never have to see that person's posts again.  If you feel that the person is being especially critical or unhelpful you can also report individual posts to the Evernote admins.

I think we have sufficiently exercised the frustrations and the disagreements in this thread so far.  The takeaway seems to be - if you have an "unreasonable" price increase on your account,  it's certainly worth contacting Support,  who might be prepared to offer concessionary terms...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/27/2022 at 8:37 PM, rbbcpa said:

It's always like this. Some of these people worship at the Altar of Evernote. If you even remotely criticize the app, they get offended. Don't get me wrong. Evernote is still the best app that I have found. BUT, times are changing. Evernote is hemorrhaging users. The competition is quickly catching up. If Bending Spoons doesn't turn it around quickly, it will go the way of the Dodo bird. 

• Level 5
6 hours ago, Chrispolotic said:
On 12/27/2022 at 9:37 PM, rbbcpa said:

It's always like this. Some of these people worship at the Altar of Evernote. If you even remotely criticize the app, they get offended. Don't get me wrong. Evernote is still the best app that I have found. BUT, times are changing. Evernote is hemorrhaging users. The competition is quickly catching up. If Bending Spoons doesn't turn it around quickly, it will go the way of the Dodo bird. 

Speaking as the person slandered as being a "forum troll," if you're also talking about me, please at least look at my posts to learn better. If "some people" is only a vague way of swatting off any continued positive opinions of Evernote, I accept that for what it's worth. As for "Evernote is hemorrhaging users" ... more unsupported opinion expressed as if it were fact. Please don't say "Look at all the posts here about people looking for alternatives." Anecdotes are not data.

• Like 4
  • Level 5

It just says how frequently the word was searched in Google. This doesn’t tell a story.

If anybody wants to tell anything of value, the usual approach would be to search different keywords (like those of competing note apps), and see how the curves evolve over time.

• Confused 1
  • 3 months later...

Just out of interest, I just got an email off Evernote 23/6/2023 saying they are increasing the price of my personal plan by 85% 

it was $69.99 and now they want $129.99 for no new features.

I've been a subscribing paid member of Evernote since June 2011 but today I've cancelled my subscription (yes another one, sorry it upsets you) because there is no justification, no new features, no new anything!.

Instead of this incredible 85% increase they should be looking at value and trying to add people to their platform, not alienate existing long time users as they even admit in their pricing email! and shock potential new users. I can see the look on my friends face if I tried to sell this platform to them, the bemused look when at the end I say, yes and you get all that for just $129.99 and next year who knows how much! (The application is no better than it was 10 years ago and in many ways it's still worse, I mean, 50 note max export, really, I know why you do this Evernote, make it as difficult as possible to leave and (Oh and if anyone thinks it's not going to increase again next year by a similar 85% percentage possibly more, well).  I mean, how on earth could I recommend this to any of my friends now, I used to, I used to be very pleased and would recommend but no longer, I would be doing my friends and family an injustice. I'm embarrassed now, for the people I remember I did recommend it to. Steve comes back to me and says Wow, have you seen what they want to charge now!. and I reply, yes Steve but they are going to add AI at some point.... he goes silent.

We went for almost 2 years where the sync didn't work properly, missing notes, unusably slow, etc, you all know, you were there. Now fixed sync is being offered as one of the reasons for the price increase! they say they fixed it. Well I'm sorry, I think it should have worked all along, like it used to and cannot be counted as a "new chargeable feature". Also I'm sorry but I have no interest whatsoever in having AI in my note application, sorry, I know it's your business but it's not useful to me.

If they wanted to, had to, increase the price it should have been gradual with genuine new useful features. I read all their email where they tried to justify the increase, there was nothing new, nothing in it at all that meant anything new was coming accept AI. (which isn't here) so why the increase, add the feature, show the benefit and then increase, not the other way around.

With regard to AI, It's just a note and database application, don't get beyond yourself here, it's not Photoshop which does obviously benefit from AI. I can imagine the unholy mess AI could do to my notes, Oh my goodness yes.

Such a pity because I really liked it, so after 12 years, so long, and thanks for all the fish. x

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This has been discussed already extensively.

You find value, and you stay. You find the same value for a better price, and you switch. 

You don’t tell anything about this part - where should other users find value in what you post here ?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, MrIllustrator said:

there is no justification, no new features, no new anything!.

So apart from new owners,  and calendars / tasks / real-time editing / AI editing / faster syncs / new settings / better print options / spreadsheet previews and conflict fixes,  nothing much has happened?

(Not looking to create an argument, but it is very wrong to say nothing has changed!)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I think I can safely say that no one here is pleased about the price increase.  I personally think it is too high as well.  Like any service I subscribe to, when the price gets raised I have to reevaluate whether it is still worth it to me or not.  I don’t need to make the decision until this fall.  I will probably stay but drop down to the personal plan to save a few dollars.

Also, if you export by notebook, the recommended method, you are not limited to 50 notes.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

[Echo: new 85% price increases are an absolute joke. And Federico's press release, or blog post, about it claimed they hadn't had an increase in 7 years, but this thread proves that wrong, right?]

-----

Er, uh... Something about Dave-in-Decatur's 4000+ posts screams out "company paid reputation management consultant".  Who else is going to devote so many waking moments dedicated to the vibrant social networking site that is Evernote's customer forums? I mean, is it really that engaging?

Also, he's in the weekly Top Five contributors. So.. But I'm sure he'll have some reasonable sounding explanation for his devotedness.

Screenshot_20230823_081808.jpg

• Level 5

This is a question sometimes posted here.

Can’t tell for others (with one exception), but I spend my time how I want, and I pay my subscription as others do, yes, with quite a raise this year.

The one exception are forum users marked with STAFF on their forum badge. These are employees, and easily noticed as such. From the list posted it is Federico - and where is any problem about it ? 74 users found his postings of this week helpful - well done, I would say.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

You may find it difficult to believe, but those who post frequently, in general, use and like Evernote, want to see it improve, occasionally pick up tips from other users, and mostly are just trying to help out others.  FWIW, the user you singled out is probably one of the more tolerant and empathetic posters here.  You were way off the mark in singling him out.

• Like 7

And, once again, may I express my personal thanks to those top five posters (and others!) who voluntarily spend so much time here helping me and others navigate a very powerful piece of software?

Thank you.

Vinnie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, xmarklar said:

And Federico's press release, or blog post, about it claimed they hadn't had an increase in 7 years, but this thread proves that wrong, right?

I don't think so.

I think some people are confused by the different subscription plans and aren't aware of the nuances. For example, suppose they were on a "discounted" premium subscription (different from "regular" premium) and didn't know it. So they see an increase in their (now) legacy discounted premium subscription plan, then they upgrade to a different plan (self-imposed increase), then they see an increase in that plan they moved to. Now, to them that is three price increases (even though one was a self-imposed upgrade) but each individual plan was only increased once. If they were on "regular" premium / personal the whole time they would have seen just one increase.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Right, this is confusing.

Personally I think old plans should not be continue ad infinitum. The usual practice is that you get your current subscription fulfilled - I mean, you paid for it. When it expires, it is opting in on a actual plan. Or opting out of subscribing at all.

Next let’s talk about why there is an „eternal“ Free plan, when other apps (some hyped here) offer „Free“ plans that are over after you made your test run - with 5 notes create in your account. FIVE !

Maybe a „lean“ subscription would be an offer many users would accept, to continue on a small footing.

Just my opinion, and I don’t expect many fans on this posting.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
5 hours ago, xmarklar said:

Er, uh... Something about Dave-in-Decatur's 4000+ posts screams out "company paid reputation management consultant".  Who else is going to devote so many waking moments dedicated to the vibrant social networking site that is Evernote's customer forums? I mean, is it really that engaging?

Also, he's in the weekly Top Five contributors. So.. But I'm sure he'll have some reasonable sounding explanation for his devotedness.

Because I like to help people. If Evernote were paying me, it couldn't possibly be enough. But please, continue to explain what's wrong with me. My therapist gave up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4