Still Running Web v5.33.0???

aukirk

I was an early adopter of the web beta last year, participated in the web beta testing of reminders and am one of the few users who really likes the Mac and iOS v10.  However, for some reason my web version is still stuck on v5.33.0.  I see others talking about v10.4... how do I get the new version to be activated?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Careful what you wish for...

I'm also on 5.33.  I raised it with Support and they said it's because I have a big account (currently 52,000 notes).  They worked some magic for me to try 10.x out,  but I immediately started getting duplicate notes and other issues .  Plus it took forever to load.  So they unmagicked me and 5.33 is back while they work on the volume thing. 

I do get the new version in a Basic account with about 100 notes,  so I can play there if I need to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I apologize if I am bringing up an old issue. I am new to these forums. My web version is still at 5.33.0.

Is there any way to update it... I feel like mine is way behind and I would love to utilize the "Home" beta like I have on desktop.

• Level 5

The web client only knows 2 version: The classic version and the new web client. The new one is v10.5.1, I have not found a version number for the classic editor. To switch between both, you go to the web client, settings and go to the new editor, or back in the Account Information, Evernote web.

In the new version, you automatically get the last release version of the web client.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, tbs1977 said:

My web version is still at 5.33.0.

I merged the discussions for this subject     
I have 14k+ notes, and am also at v5.33.0   

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

I always thought that web client was pretty useless.  Under current conditions I'm growing quite fond of it...

current conditions???

I rarely use Evernote/Web; preferring Evernote/Mac and Evernote/IOS
I do value it as a backup to the device platforms
I think the Version 10 upgrade will result in an improved Evernote/Web (after they get the issues resolved)

• Level 5

The web client in fact improved. And it is a possibility to have 2 instances of EN open on my iPad, which still does not work with the iOS client.

Other apps already do the trick - it would be a super option with EN: Have one note in editing, and a second screen for researching open at the same time.

I love the desktop client. My wife's web client updated and it's so much more like the desktop client now. I would totally use it more if I wasn't stuck on the older version. I really don't like 5.33 on the webapp that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 12:04 AM, tbs1977 said:

I love the desktop client. My wife's web client updated and it's so much more like the desktop client now. I would totally use it more if I wasn't stuck on the older version. I really don't like 5.33 on the webapp that's for sure.

Mine doesn't update also, no matter what I do (cleaning cookies, caches, etc). I've even tried installing a new, never used browser. Still 5.33.0.

• Level 5

As well with a ton of notes maybe ? If you read the thread above, those users stuck on the old web client are those that have a lot of. Toes in their account. Probably the new client is (still ?) not able to handle that load.

To find out, probably a support ticket is the best way.

• Like 1

I am surprised there hasn't been any official response for users still stuck in 5.33... While I certainly don't want to be upgrade if it is not ready to handle the load of my notes, I am really hoping to get access to the ability to set reminders in Web.  I find myself using the web version for certain notes I have bookmarked in my browser, since pretty much all my other working apps are web-based (other than Outlook and Evernote).  I find it much easier to stay in the browser and open a tab to make a quick update to a specific note... but need to go over to the desktop app to set the reminder.

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, aukirk said:

I am surprised there hasn't been any official response for users still stuck in 5.33... While I certainly don't want to be upgrade if it is not ready to handle the load of my notes, I am really hoping to get access to the ability to set reminders in Web. 

Evernote don't usually respond to generic issues raised here.  Also -

On 11/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, gazumped said:

I'm also on 5.33.  I raised it with Support and they said it's because I have a big account (currently 52,000 notes).  They worked some magic for me to try 10.x out,  but I immediately started getting duplicate notes and other issues .  Plus it took forever to load.  So they unmagicked me and 5.33 is back while they work on the volume thing. 

I do get the new version in a Basic account with about 100 notes,  so I can play there if I need to.

If you don't have a lot of notes,  you could raise a ticket or try https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

If you're creating a note via Clipper,  it is easy to add a reminder - the clip confirmation window (if you don't see one check Clipper > Options) includes an 'alarm' icon. 

Or creating notes by email,  make the title [Title of note] ![optional date for reminder] @[notebook] #[tag] - Save emails into Evernote

4 hours ago, aukirk said:

I am surprised there hasn't been any official response for users still stuck in 5.33... While I certainly don't want to be upgrade if it is not ready to handle the load of my notes, I am really hoping to get access to the ability to set reminders in Web.  I find myself using the web version for certain notes I have bookmarked in my browser, since pretty much all my other working apps are web-based (other than Outlook and Evernote).  I find it much easier to stay in the browser and open a tab to make a quick update to a specific note... but need to go over to the desktop app to set the reminder.

I agree with your that the reminder is the one feature I would have liked to see appering in this 5.33 version as we wait for the full 10.x version to be available to us.

I haven`t started the legacy windows version since 2 weeks, meaning that 10.x windows is OK for my needs, but the web version is missing that single feature.

I integrate my process with the service Remember The Milk (RTM) and the evenote reminders are at the heart of such integration.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, jkim said:

Does anyone know if this has been solved? It's a little rough that it's 01/27/21 and I'm still on Evernote Web 5.33 (14k notes). Hoping that we get moved over soon. 

I'm also still on Web 5.33 too.  I have a Basic test account with only a few notes which gets the latest web interface 10.x,  so if that's better for what you need it may be worth using that account for your web work and sharing / exporting notes back to your other account which can only access 5.33. 

Worth a support ticket too to encourage Evernote to move on this so we can all get the latest version directly...

OMG....I have been using an older version than 5.33.  Did the try new version....Took me to V10....no thumbnails and slow load times for notes.  did the revert to older version.  Now it is 5.33.  Some of the thumbnails are there, but the tiles are HUGE.  When I float over a note, they TURN GREEN and a trashcan appears WHERE i AM clicking!!!!! 

Ya 14000+ notes.  Each had a good icon...now what?  I still use the MSwindows App....Hopefully when I get to work tomorrow it still works.

I was using a different version than 5.33 and V10.x just a few hours ago....the issues with these two versions are huge compared to what I was looking to see if they fixed.

How do I get back to that version?????

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, kharrell said:

OMG....I have been using an older version than 5.33. 

Not sure how you've managed that - if you check in Settings,  do you have any other options to step back a version?  If not,  you could try Support...  also try zooming the web page as you're using Evernote for larger/  smaller icons.

I  tried the "new" version a long time ago and reverted back.  The version I was running was not loading all the snippets in chrome, but was fine in firefox.  Web clipper wasn't working in firefox, (just got that working by changing a "privacy setting")...a little late.....

I believe the server "Converted" me to the new versions.   I use the desktop version at work under MSWindows and it is great.  I am a linux user and keep praying for a standalone app for it.  Last Tool tied to windows.  

Let me pick a thumbnail.  Let me edit the snippet.    Let me pick a compact snippet.  Doesn't seam to complicated. Give me a small section at the top of my note to edit. Use that as the snippet.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this topic. I am also on 5.33 webclient. As a Linux user the webclient is the one I use on a regular basis. I use the iPad client for quick search and for some webclipping. I use Evernote for a lot of manual note creation and editing, including linking between notes. 

So I understand that I am still on 5.33 because of the large number of notes (27K+) that are in my Evernote. Loking forward to when this is issue will be resolved. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Careful what you wish for.  I'm also on 5.33 (50k+ notes) but was given a brief look at v10 through some Support magic.  Some duplications, freezes and general chaos later I was very happy to get back to 5.33...  When they can transfer you safely,  they'll do so.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Just in case anyone else has been following this update... Evernote v10 for web is now available for those with bigger accounts.  However, it comes with a warning that performance may be slow.  

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006072561

After a lot of load time... after a few minutes of testing, works okay with my 15k notes.  But we shall see!

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
10 hours ago, aukirk said:

Just in case anyone else has been following this update... Evernote v10 for web is now available for those with bigger accounts.  However, it comes with a warning that performance may be slow.  

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006072561

After a lot of load time... after a few minutes of testing, works okay with my 15k notes.  But we shall see!

Yup - I moved across a couple of days ago and had the same experience.  Very long initial load,  but after that,  it's pretty nifty.  And I'm on 53K notes!  I'm almost tempted to update my 6.25....  almost... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It seems that the v10 update of evernote for web is not for everyone.
I have less than 14k notes and I am still on v5.33.
I guess it's an update that will be distributed in stages.

• Level 5*

Just updated to V10 web myself.  Have had a conflict already, and I was being careful.  Also a picture on my phone added to EN was deleted on desktop but stuck on the web version.  The delete didn't sync.  Note counts are off by one.  Other than that seems okay, typical web lags and all the rest of that.  Faint praise but no worse than the old version.

On 5/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, rbianchi said:

It seems that the v10 update of evernote for web is not for everyone.
I have less than 14k notes and I am still on v5.33.
I guess it's an update that will be distributed in stages.

I was checking, and then got a pop-up message that I should upgrade by adjusting a preference. There was a warning that it might be slow.

Looks now like the v10 version, including "Home Page". I can't really comment on usage yet, and would be happy to hear more experiences from those with many notes.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, lhb said:

would be happy to hear more experiences from those with many notes.

Well I have 54K notes and find the v10 version borderline unusable purely on its lack of speed - it's nice to look at when it eventually loads,  but hopeless for anything 'quick' (i.e. less than 30 seconds between screen refreshes).  It is possible to swop back to 5.33 in Settings I believe - but I'm pottering along since I don't usually use the web version. 

4 minutes ago, lhb said:

I was checking, and then got a pop-up message that I should upgrade by adjusting a preference. There was a warning that it might be slow.

Looks now like the v10 version, including "Home Page". I can't really comment on usage yet, and would be happy to hear more experiences from those with many notes.

How many notes do you have in total? It would be interesting (and a good sign to me) if they are starting to prompt those with > 10,000 total notes to upgrade to v10 on web.

1 minute ago, Paul A. said:

How many notes do you have in total? It would be interesting (and a good sign to me) if they are starting to prompt those with > 10,000 total notes to upgrade to v10 on web.

20k, small and large.  

It was quite slow to load, but then my line is not good: Currently I'm in a kind of rural setting a bit away from civilization. So, I won't try out too much, and can't comment too much on the speed, but the impression was OK. On a high-speed line, v5.33 was OK, so I would this expect to be workable.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, lhb said:

20k, small and large.  

It was quite slow to load, but then my line is not good: Currently I'm in a kind of rural setting a bit away from civilization. So, I won't try out too much, and can't comment too much on the speed, but the impression was OK. On a high-speed line, v5.33 was OK, so I would this expect to be workable.

Great. Hope you find performance is good (or at least acceptable) once you're able to use it more.