We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
AnotherPeterN

How do I insert symbols (or emojis) ?

I was looking online and it appears that Emoji's are not supported on PC's (SRSLY in 2019?).   I'm using Evernote to track the status of various projects so I have a table of projects and in one column I want to have a symbol for it's current status, like a checkmark for done, a worker digging for in-progress, a clock for waiting, etc.   Is there a way to insert symbols in Evernote?

On 1/5/2019 at 11:36 PM, AnotherPeterN said:

I was looking online and it appears that Emoji's are not supported on PC's (SRSLY in 2019?).   I'm using Evernote to track the status of various projects so I have a table of projects and in one column I want to have a symbol for it's current status, like a checkmark for done, a worker digging for in-progress, a clock for waiting, etc.   Is there a way to insert symbols in Evernote?

Put a colon on the front and back.  After you type the last colon the emoji should appear.  .:shrug: for example will produce 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

There's also an on-screen keyboard in Win 10,  with its own emoji key.

I find that I can indeed insert emoji in note titles, which looks great in a list of notes.  It appears as a plan square in the title itself, though.  Do I need to choose a specific font for titles to make this appear?  (I'm currently using Georgia, but I only tried a couple of other ones.)

For example, I can see something like this in the list views (side list, snippet, card, etc.):

image.png.3893087acfc24cc3c7def98b44942262.png

When I have the note open, though, I see this:

image.png.77ff1e62b9a5e47d62fd9cdb9aa6736e.png

Segoe UI Symbol seems to work for me in the note title.

• Thanks 1

Thanks!  That worked for me. 

I just tried it, and Segoe UI Emoji also works, and looks slightly better to my eyes.

Problem solved. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 4:32 AM, gazumped said:

There's also an on-screen keyboard in Win 10,  with its own emoji key.

And how do I click on the on-screen keyboard?

11 hours ago, Ashlynne said:

And how do I click on the on-screen keyboard?

web search on "windows 10 on screen keyboard"

In Windows 10, the best way I've found is to just use the Emoji shortcut: Windows Key + (semicolon) 

Other option is to...

Use the Touch Keyboard: 
Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and choose "Show Touch Keyboard Button".... which then places a little keyboard icon/button in the lower right side of the taskbar. Then you simply click that when you need to use emojis: There's an Emoji key right next to the spacebar on that virtual keyboard. 

The On Screen Keyboard on the other hand (Windows Key + O ... didn't have an Emoji key- at least not for me. Not sure why that is... but I'm totally fine with the options mentioned above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prophat said:

In Windows 10, the best way I've found is to just use the Emoji shortcut: Windows Key + (semicolon) 

Learn something new every day, thanks!