Control Which Image Shown in a Note's Thumbnail/Snippet View

marcelo

Idea

On 6/28/2024 at 5:19 PM, Jon/t said:

It was mentioned on Xitter a few weeks/months ago that this is being looked at and I'm pretty sure it will come, just not a high priority.

Just found it...

image.png.f2b254c9e92967e0f63dadc589cbdf6c.png

😎 Cant wait!

• Like 1

As one of the early adopters of Evernote, and a long time Premium account holder, I have been waiting for the ability to change the thumbnail of our Notes, so glad they appear to be finally implementing this.  As many of you, this was my only complaint regarding Evernote.  I thought about complaining/writing a ticket so many times, but never did. Glad to see I wasn't alone and they are finally listening since the problem only exhabarates with the more and more notes I create.  We are visual beings and those images are an important way to find things quickly.

It sounds like we still are not sure how fast this will be implemented...

I’d love this to be implemented too.

i just created a note of something like 500mb, full of graphics and photos. When I exited the note I found that the pic chosen as thumbnail was a silly sticker I had chosen by mistake. It was deleted from the note but the pic wasn’t changed in the notes list. At the end the only way to force EN to change the pic was to create a duplicate of the note, how silly is that?

Please let us choose the note thumbnail from any picture we want.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

A feature request doesn’t say anything - there is no automatic process.

There have been hints that EN wants to pick up the request. No status, it will be there when you see it in the release notes.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

And the logic now is ....

Most voted is not equal to easy to implement is not equal to most useful.

If you want to promote a feature, sending your wish to feedback@evernote.com has more chances of getting seen, than fruitless discussions in the forum.

• Level 5

If it would be critical, how do you explain that for 13 years nothing needed to be done ?

It‘s quite obvious that for the vast majority of notes, the automatic selection does the job. Or is not necessary / possible, because there is no content that could be thumbed.

So we are talking about what’s left, the nuisance of a few notes where the automatic creation picked the wrong content.

It would be nice to be able to correct that, but it’s hardly „critical“.

• Level 5*

Federico mentioned somewhere that this was being worked on.  That was a few months back, but now that Rent is mostly done I’m hoping we will see this soon.

i don’t know about it being critical but for anyone that does a lot of web clipping, it will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

The fact that so many people want this feature should matter. I have hundreds of notes with my entire sewing pattern library and another several hundred with pictures of inventory. 

It's inefficient and sub-optimal for me to not see the actual picture of the pattern. And I've been irritated by this for 13 years, like many on here. 

I see your replies, Pink Elephant, and it's pretty obvious you are an Evernote apologist.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

…. doing everything every other app does is a) not possible (some features contradict themselves when taken from different apps) and b) not desirable, because the result will be a piece of unmanageable bloatware.

My critique does not apply to the feature discussed here in general, but to dramatic evaluations like „critical“ or „essential“. Nothing an app could do without for 13 years is anything like this.

A bit more 😎 would do good here.

• Like 1