Rolling out Mobile 10.58

• Administrator

Changelog:

• Fixed an issue that caused the options related to Saved Search to disappear
  • Fixed an issue that caused the app to freeze when trying to create/insert a Sketch

It's a phased rollout, it will go out gradually over this week.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on this version.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The freezing issue is not resolved for me.

iOS 17.1, iPhone 15 Pro Max, EN iOS 10.58.0

Open a new note, insert title and text, then cursor in new line, tap on blue +, tap on Sketch.

The blue insert menu stays in the lower part of the screen, will not close, and no Sketch is entered. To get rid of it, I need to close the app.

For testing I made sure I have the right version (installed yesterday night), and have logged out of my account before closing and reopening the app.

I have a problem with 10.58 on iOS on my iPhone. After update the app has stopped syncing, and won't sync any content/notes created/updated after the time of the update. I have logged in/out and reinstalled, but problem remains. Windows and 10.57 on my iPad are all working fine. Thanks. 

iPhone 13, iOS 17.1 EN 10.58. 47,763 notes. 

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Kage_Prime said:

I have a similar issue. The app freezes in both iOS and Android for me when trying to create a sketch but it works on desktop mode. That's not helpful for me right now.

Welcome to the forums. Please read the preceding posts. There is an update, v. 10.58.1, to fix the freezing.

23 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums. Please read the preceding posts. There is an update, v. 10.58.1, to fix the freezing.

Thanks Dave (in Decatur). Already running 10.58.1 in iOS and 10.57.2 on Android. If there's a newer version on either, I've not been able to get it. Both versions freeze when attempting to create a new sketch. I'll consider this "reading" concept in the future, I'm sure it could be beneficial.

Apparently, "they" are working on it - so, I'll go back to my coffee.

Em 03/11/2023 at 09:01, Federico Simionato disse:

Changelog:

• Fixed an issue that caused the app to freeze when trying to create/insert a Sketch

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on this version.

Could someone explain to me what is the level of complexity for the app to run in the background?

• Level 5

Sure.

All phone companies try to assure that the phone will survive a day without the need for a recharge. To assure this, both mobile OSes will kill background tasks that run without user interaction, after a brief time span.

The OS is the boss, managing all apps. If the boss decides to kill an app, so it does.

Only very meager services that the OS allows will escape this concept. A full notes app has no chance.

• Thanks 2
23 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

Sure.

All phone companies try to assure that the phone will survive a day without the need for a recharge. To assure this, both mobile OSes will kill background tasks that run without user interaction, after a brief time span.

The OS is the boss, managing all apps. If the boss decides to kill an app, so it does.

Only very meager services that the OS allows will escape this concept. A full notes app has no chance.

But even if we enable it to run in the background manually? If we really follow this path, we should enable the 'reminder' notification of the app as a push notification, similar to 'tasks.' I use 'reminders' a lot, but if the app isn't in the background, it doesn't work. Thank you for your explanation!

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Kage_Prime said:

Thanks Dave (in Decatur). Already running 10.58.1 in iOS and 10.57.2 on Android. If there's a newer version on either, I've not been able to get it. Both versions freeze when attempting to create a new sketch. I'll consider this "reading" concept in the future, I'm sure it could be beneficial.

Apparently, "they" are working on it - so, I'll go back to my coffee.

Android apps always take longer to roll out; I've still got 10.57.2, and it definitely freezes when sketching. If 10.58.1 is still freezing in iOS, that's an issue. Perhaps @Federico Simionato can respond.

On 11/4/2023 at 10:15 AM, tonyfitz1959 said:

I have a problem with 10.58 on iOS on my iPhone. After update the app has stopped syncing, and won't sync any content/notes created/updated after the time of the update. I have logged in/out and reinstalled, but problem remains. Windows and 10.57 on my iPad are all working fine. Thanks. 

iPhone 13, iOS 17.1 EN 10.58. 47,763 notes. 

Have now installed 10.58.1 and this seems to be fixed. Thanks

I have 10.57.2 on my iPhone X and the sync isn't working.

I am a very heavy user of Evernote and this is extremely frustrating.

The App Store doesn't seem to have a newer version.

How do I get it or force an upgrade?

On 11/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, PinkElephant said:

Sure.

While it's true that mobile OS's exert a lot of influence to maintain battery life, it's not true that "A full notes app has no chance." A properly designed app can be designed to perform some background syncing. On Android, for example, an app can use WorkManager to manage background sync. I'm less familiar with iOS (which historically has been stricter than Android when it comes to background apps) but I believe there is a way to do something similar. The apps just have to be coded to use the features allowed by the OS.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

A continuous background Sync ? 

No way, it’s even not allowed for system apps like the camera roll. Beside consuming battery, these are data hogs as well.

The camera roll stops syncing fotos with iCloud when pushed into the background. What does work are snippets of data, like for push messages.

57 minutos atrás, Paul A. disse:

While it's true that mobile OS's exert a lot of influence to maintain battery life, it's not true that "A full notes app has no chance." A properly designed app can be designed to perform some background syncing. On Android, for example, an app can use WorkManager to manage background sync. I'm less familiar with iOS (which historically has been stricter than Android when it comes to background apps) but I believe there is a way to do something similar. The apps just have to be coded to use the features allowed by the OS.

Perfect! 

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

A continuous background Sync ? 

No way, it’s even not allowed for system apps like the camera roll. Beside consuming battery, these are data hogs as well.

The camera roll stops syncing fotos with iCloud when pushed into the background. What does work are snippets of data, like for push messages.

Not continuously, but periodically, which is still useful. That way when the app is launched there is less to sync and the user can get back to their work faster. Using WorkManager an app can request to periodically check in and sync the latest updates. To conserve battery life, the OS decides when to allow this and bundles multiple app requests together so that the CPU can be quiet and radio powered down in-between updates. When the phone is on unmetered WiFi and charging, it will sync more frequently. When on battery and mobile data, it will sync less frequently.

On iOS, an app can update once or twice an hour using a background notification. There are other APIs as well, that is just one example.

There's even a user setting so users can allow or disallow individual apps to be refreshed in the background:

image.thumb.png.cab3de5e3008fcd05fa82efa695ff386.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Just for the record I updated to 10.58.1 today,  and when the Home page opened I selected the notes icon and had a crash.  Got it back and thought my decision with the previous version to download all my notes for offline access (nearly 63k notes) was probably a bad one,  so went into Settings and opted out of all offline storage...  and the app is now frozen.  :(

Will force quit / uninstall / restart and try again in a while,  but its not looking good.

Started off with a sign out / sign back in which - along with my not having offline notes again seemed solve everything.  The app is now back up and working.  Will -cautiously- go back to offline notes tomorrow...

Issues persist in v10.58.1, where selecting to delete one attachment results in deleting all, despite choosing only one for deletion. It's exhausting to report numerous bugs with each new update, often trivial issues. It gives the impression that before releasing a new version, it isn't thoroughly validated by the team. Support has lost its human touch, now automated, instructing users to perform procedures that someone with basic knowledge would do before reporting. Even then, it's suggested to follow those steps! You pay for the service and don't get the promised return. Honestly, I am very frustrated with the app, especially with this new support approach. It seems they are as lost as we, mere users, are. Evernote is adrift, relying on luck! Minor issues like these shouldn't be happening!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Em 08/11/2023 at 03:07, Paul A. disse:

Not continuously, but periodically, which is still useful. That way when the app is launched there is less to sync and the user can get back to their work faster. Using WorkManager an app can request to periodically check in and sync the latest updates. To conserve battery life, the OS decides when to allow this and bundles multiple app requests together so that the CPU can be quiet and radio powered down in-between updates. When the phone is on unmetered WiFi and charging, it will sync more frequently. When on battery and mobile data, it will sync less frequently.

On iOS, an app can update once or twice an hour using a background notification. There are other APIs as well, that is just one example.

There's even a user setting so users can allow or disallow individual apps to be refreshed in the background:

image.thumb.png.cab3de5e3008fcd05fa82efa695ff386.png

Amazing! Congrats! Nice idea! 

• Thanks 2
  • Evernote Expert
18 minutes ago, Arantes said:

Forget about attaching images directly from the gallery to Evernote – it doesn't work!

Yes, 10.58.1 on an Android device. I opened a new note, tapped the blue + button and chose to attach an image. Selected and added to the note without a problem.  Then I went to the device image gallery, selected an image, chose share and selected Evernote. Followed the process and the note was added to a new note.  Works for either way for me.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, agsteele said:

Yes, 10.58.1 on an Android device. I opened a new note, tapped the blue + button and chose to attach an image. Selected and added to the note without a problem.  Then I went to the device image gallery, selected an image, chose share and selected Evernote. Followed the process and the note was added to a new note.  Works for either way for me.

On 10.58.1 on Android Samsung A70 working fine as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Em 03/11/2023 at 09:01, Federico Simionato disse:

Changelog:

New updates, and so far, there's still no response regarding the system's 'back' button functioning in the app instead of closing it. Since it was discussed and agreed upon by the community, it should be reintegrated into the app and not forgotten.

• Like 1
4 minutos atrás, Arantes disse:

As you can see, even after updating to v10.59 recently, the bug with adding images from the gallery still persists.

Ironically, all of them appear on the Windows client. When returning to the mobile client, the images show up. It seems like the synchronization process is very slow! The first time, I had deleted the notes before the images even appeared. This time, I waited longer, and to my surprise, the images came through. The Evernote backend is a source of constant frustration; it never works as smoothly as the v8 app. With each new update, there's a surprise in the form of bugs.

Screenshot_2.png

• Level 5*

There are several things about mobiles.

• Evernote doesn't store information on devices unless you choose to save notes or notebooks for "offline access" - which can take some days to download depending on the content and the speed of the network connection.
  • Changed information has to be synced from the server - large images typically take some time.
  • Mobiles tend to minimise background traffic to preserve battery life and remain available for messaging and calls
  • Making changes to notes and timing their updated arrival on a mobile device is not exactly normal use.

So.  It's not surprising that changed notes may take some time to arrive on a mobile as compared to a computer.  All that's required is a little patience.

If this has been raised with Support,  please wait until you get some further feedback from them.  If there is an issue,  it won't be fixed more quickly by harassing the team or posting more here.

12 minutos atrás, gazumped disse:

• Evernote doesn't store information on devices unless you choose to save notes or notebooks for "offline access" - which can take some days to download depending on the content and the speed of the network connection.
  • Changed information has to be synced from the server - large images typically take some time.
  • Mobiles tend to minimise background traffic to preserve battery life and remain available for messaging and calls
  • Making changes to notes and timing their updated arrival on a mobile device is not exactly normal use.

So.  It's not surprising that changed notes may take some time to arrive on a mobile as compared to a computer.  All that's required is a little patience.

If this has been raised with Support,  please wait until you get some further feedback from them.  If there is an issue,  it won't be fixed more quickly by harassing the team or posting more here.

I use the downloaded notes on my smartphone for offline access. 'It may take a few days to download' (I think you were being ironic) is highly intolerable, considering it's a PAID service that uses cloud for synchronization. Not even the v8 app from years ago was this slow; synchronization was almost instantaneous. So yes, for a much more updated version, it's very inconvenient that it's not fast and efficient compared to the previous version!

- Who said synchronization is done in the background? It's done with the app in the foreground! This way, it was done.

- From the very moment you create a note, and it takes minutes to synchronize with the app where you created the note, yes, it's something worrying and frustrating! With this perspective, I honestly don't know what is considered 'normal' by you.

- I have patience to spare, with all the disruption caused by the app, a paid service that does not deliver the proposal offered by Evernote. I am a highly active user in support, reporting numerous bugs, and the vast majority have not been resolved since the beta release of v10. Support has become robotic; there is no bug resolution criterion, but they aim for 'new features.'

And to conclude, you were very unfortunate in your expression when you mentioned 'harassment' or posting here! Here is the only means I found close, since support has been lacking. You need solid arguments about the functioning of the app to be able to respond. And believe me, I know the history of Evernote since 2013 in a consolidated way. Therefore, I know how much it is delivering and how much it can improve in view of its history with previous versions... I know the app's trajectory!

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Arantes said:

You need solid arguments about the functioning of the app to be able to respond.

My 'solid argument' would be that I'm another user just like you;  and while I sympathise with your frustration,  I have no interest in continuing a discussion that can only be resolved by Evernote.

• Thanks 1

@PinkElephant Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), my technical expertise is focused on the field of cybersecurity. Otherwise, I would be honored to be part of an app that brought me so much joy for a period! Next time, I'll try to contain my frustration. I always appreciate the community!

• Like 1

Evernote V 10.60.0 is not working properly.
The application open and then close.
It's impossible to work or even generate an activity log to request support.
I've reinstalled the application twice and it hasn't solved the problem.
If anyone has the same problem, please reply here.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Silvio'ss said:

Please don't.  We're mainly other users here.

If you have an issue,  raise a support ticket - yes it will take a while,  but you will get a response.  There will probably be another update soon anyway.  Meantime,  just to rule out bad downloads - please uninstall the existing app / power the device off and back on / re-download and reinstall.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Silvio'ss said:

Evernote V 10.60.0 is not working properly.
The application open and then close.
It's impossible to work or even generate an activity log to request support.
I've reinstalled the application twice and it hasn't solved the problem.

10.60.1 is out now and fixes the problem for me.

• Like 1
4 horas atrás, gazumped disse:

Please don't.  We're mainly other users here.

If you have an issue,  raise a support ticket - yes it will take a while,  but you will get a response.  There will probably be another update soon anyway.  Meantime,  just to rule out bad downloads - please uninstall the existing app / power the device off and back on / re-download and reinstall.

I'm not receiving the proper feedback on the reported bugs. I only get a generic message stating, "We are currently restructuring the Evernote Customer Support department to ensure that we can provide better service to you and all our customers. Some delay in response time is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience." 

I'm not receiving any further updates on bug resolution. Unfortunate!

• Like 1

The performance and reliability issues that I have reported elsewhere, with tasks, are not resolved.  With a large database it takes 30 seconds to save a brand new task in Android.  Changes made in Android don't always "take" - for example completed tasks revert back to uncompleted the next time you open the app, changed due dates revert back to the old date too, and edited text changes back to the old text.  I haven't seen newly created tasks disappear although I haven't been tracking this since this would be extremely seriously if you create a reminder and it disappears without your knowledge.  If I create a brand new note to save the tasks in, these issues don't go away.  If the issues are related to the number of tasks I have (more than 800 including completed tasks) then there should be a way to delete or archive completed tasks.  With the annual subscription having increased by $60 to $130, it should be possible to get this resolved when opening a support case (which I have done, several months I am seeing similar issues with the PC version too (except creation of new tasks doesn't take so long).  Not sure about the web.

1 hora atrás, Barry Graham disse:

The performance and reliability issues that I have reported elsewhere, with tasks, are not resolved.  With a large database it takes 30 seconds to save a brand new task in Android.  Changes made in Android don't always "take" - for example completed tasks revert back to uncompleted the next time you open the app, changed due dates revert back to the old date too, and edited text changes back to the old text.  I haven't seen newly created tasks disappear although I haven't been tracking this since this would be extremely seriously if you create a reminder and it disappears without your knowledge.  If I create a brand new note to save the tasks in, these issues don't go away.  If the issues are related to the number of tasks I have (more than 800 including completed tasks) then there should be a way to delete or archive completed tasks.  With the annual subscription having increased by $60 to $130, it should be possible to get this resolved when opening a support case (which I have done, several months ago). 

None of these issues happen on the web.

Exactly what you mentioned has happened to me. There's no trust in note updates, as sometimes they revert to their previous state before updating.

8 hours ago, agsteele said:

Nor for me on Android but perhaps my data takes less space.  If you haven't had a reply to your ticket then reopen it at: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests

Choose create a follow-up at the end of the ticket.

OK but since the product manager is reading this hopefully he can chime in and maybe even help to get the ticket looked at again.  Oh and by the way, my fears were confirmed, new tasks being created on the phone are not being saved even though it says they are, which makes me wonder how many things that I wanted to remind myself to do are now lost and forgotten.

UPDATE: the missing task that I created on the phone, which wasn't showing in the phone task list or in the PC app,  showed up about 2 hours later. Release notes stated that the latest versions of Evernote are editing the data directly in which case the changes should be visible on all platforms right away.

• Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, Barry Graham said:

OK but since the product manager is reading this hopefully he can chime in and maybe even help to get the ticket looked at again. 

Maybe he is or isn't. I wouldn't rely on that getting action.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, agsteele said:

Nor for me on Android but perhaps my data takes less space.  If you haven't had a reply to your ticket then reopen it at: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests

Choose create a follow-up at the end of the ticket.

The only option I could see was the "add to the conversation" which suggests that the case is still open - but nothing has happened for 2 months. Also as long as this is an issue it seems fair to bring it up in these forums.

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, Barry Graham said:

The only option I could see was the "add to the conversation" which suggests that the case is still open - but nothing has happened for 2 months. Also as long as this is an issue it seems fair to bring it up in these forums.

I would still add to the ticket. Of course you can raise things in the forums but many years of experience here tells me that it isn't generally the effective way of resolving individual issues that are beyond the experience of your fellow users. But of course continue here if you wish.

8 hours ago, Barry Graham said:

He is reading it, he is the head of Evernote, the OP of this thread and is responding to feedback.

He is and he was. I see no sign of it in this thread since 6 November but here's hoping he has seen your issue. I think he is mostly around to announce  new releases. He doesn't seem to have announced any of the releases since this thread. We're now on 10.60.1. Fede's last post was to release 10 58.1.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:05 PM, gazumped said:

Syncing from mobile to server is taking a very long time too, and in some cases it seems, with tasks, that the syncing is taking place in the wrong direction, where earlier versions override changes and the tasks either reappear after completion or get unedited. I had a task take more than an hour to get to the server yesterday when I created it on my phone, and I couldn't see it on my phone either during that period of time.

• Evernote Expert
58 minutes ago, Barry Graham said:

Are posts here being deleted, or just disappearing? One of mine disappeared yesterday, and a post I was alerted to a few minutes ago from Eric99 is not here.

Perhaps @eric99 deleted his own post. Only posts that breach the Forum Code of Conduct are liable to removal. Even then warnings are usually given first.

• Like 1
Em 23/11/2023 at 13:06, Barry Graham disse:

The performance and reliability issues that I have reported elsewhere, with tasks, are not resolved.  With a large database it takes 30 seconds to save a brand new task in Android.  Changes made in Android don't always "take" - for example completed tasks revert back to uncompleted the next time you open the app, changed due dates revert back to the old date too, and edited text changes back to the old text.  I haven't seen newly created tasks disappear although I haven't been tracking this since this would be extremely seriously if you create a reminder and it disappears without your knowledge.  If I create a brand new note to save the tasks in, these issues don't go away.  If the issues are related to the number of tasks I have (more than 800 including completed tasks) then there should be a way to delete or archive completed tasks.  With the annual subscription having increased by $60 to $130, it should be possible to get this resolved when opening a support case (which I have done, several months I am seeing similar issues with the PC version too (except creation of new tasks doesn't take so long).  Not sure about the web.

What another user mentioned just happened to me in v10.60.1. I opened my note and was surprised to find all tasks overdue, even though my last update was yesterday, and everything was up to date! Unfortunately, this is very dangerous as these are important tasks for users. As no surprise to anyone, the app has become unreliable!

6 hours ago, Arantes said:

Now it's in a loop; you can no longer complete a task; it keeps reverting.

That's basically what I am seeing too, except that in my case, because of the noted performance issues, it takes 30 seconds to a minute for that to happen.  This isn't the first time I have seen this, by the way, I had a case on this which was closed, I reopened it.  So there are two issues - one is this one, the other is the performance issue.  Your issue is not a new issue but it does seem to be a lot worse with the latest release.  Glad to see it's not specific to my data.

8 horas atrás, Barry Graham disse:

That's basically what I am seeing too, except that in my case, because of the noted performance issues, it takes 30 seconds to a minute for that to happen.  This isn't the first time I have seen this, by the way, I had a case on this which was closed, I reopened it.  So there are two issues - one is this one, the other is the performance issue.  Your issue is not a new issue but it does seem to be a lot worse with the latest release.  Glad to see it's not specific to my data.

Yes, indeed, it's worse in this version.

I just tested creating a new task on iPhone and there are no performance issues.  I tested it on my wife's Pixel.any there were no performance issues. So I deleted Evernote storage on my phone and logged in from scratch, and there were no performance issues.

So clearly being logged in for a long time is the cause of the performance issue. Rebooting the phone didn't resolve the issue previously. Flushing storage from time to time is not a reasonable workaround since it also deletes the several note shortcuts I created on my home screen.

UPDATE: After 12 hours it's now taking 10 seconds to save new tasks again on my Android phone.

6 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

This behaviour is not universal, as Tasks Worked fine for me on 10.60.1 and working fine on 10.60.2 (four-year-old Samsung A70 on Android 11).

It is happening to others and therefore it's an issue that needs to be fixed. I'm glad it's not happening to you.

34 minutes ago, Barry Graham said:

It is happening to others and therefore it's an issue that needs to be fixed. I'm glad it's not happening to you.

I never said it was not happening to other people,   Read my post it clearly states "This behaviour in not universal"

13 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

I never said it was not happening to other people,   Read my post it clearly states "This behaviour in not universal"

I understand that. I just don't want Federico, if he is still reading this, to decide that it's not an issue if it's working for some and not for others.

Just now, Barry Graham said:

I understand that. I just don't want Federico, if he is still reading this, to decide that it's not an issue if it's working for some and not for others.

And how would my comment lead him to that conclusion? A number of users have reported the issue (I assume they have submitted support tickets, and if they have not, they should have).  My reporting that it was not happening universally was to indicate balance in that, not all users were involved.   In any case, I doubt my post would cause him/support to delete the tickets or ignore the issue.

I conducted a test by copying my note and creating a new one. After waiting for a while, I noticed that the 'tasks' issue of reverting didn't happen. It's as if my original note with the problem had been somehow 'condemned.'

• Like 2

I noticed that the image on the app's home screen is not updated according to the content of the note. For example, I added an image and then realized it was unnecessary, so I removed it. But every time I view the note from the home screen, the image that was attached and removed at the same moment still appears.

@Federico Simionato had mentioned in the forum that the system 'back' key would work again in the app. Given that several updates have been released and it has not been implemented yet, I ask: What happened?

photo_2023-11-30_20-37-23.jpg

• Level 5

The thumbnails are created once, when the note is fresh, and will usually never update again.

Sometimes they do, and if you find out when and how to make them grab exactly the picture you want, you will be the forum thumbnail hero.

There is a rather large, old feature request about selecting the thumbnail.

• Like 3

There is a bug in 'Note Info' where the 'Updated' timestamp does not reflect the note's actual edits. Instead, it simply shows the exact time when you access the 'Note Info' option. I said 'access' and not 'edit,' which would be the correct way to change the 'update' date of a note. This feature does not make any sense in this way! The last update should only be modified if you were to edit the note, not just view the last update time.

These are important options that do not work as they should!

The Evernote support no longer functions, regrettable! I've never experienced this feeling before.

Screenshot_1.png

• Level 5

There are several posts already about this behavior, going back quite a while. The problem was already solved in the past, but then came back. It’s not on all clients at the same time.

Even if support is very slow at the moment, a ticket is still the best approach to communicate bugs. Some have been fixed before the tickets were even answered in the past months.

• Thanks 1

I went ahead and, from the "Things to Do" note, deleted every completed task, thinking that might help to make the tasks more reliable, but it didn't.  Here is what I have observed.  When new tasks disappear, they are still shown with the correct due date in the "Things to Do" note - and you can see them on the same device.  The same applies if you change due dates or mark tasks as completed but they snap back after a minute or so, but they are still correctly shown in "Things to Do". So there seems to be an issue with parsing the "Things to Do" note, or there is some background processing taking place that takes forever and maybe the changes will "hold" if I wait long enough. I really don't think that using a flat file (a Note) is the best way to implement a database.  The items are not stored in any particular order either.

There is no expectation from Evernote, and to make matters worse, the support is demotivating! I have collections of tickets with no response or with a return of a generic message, and they don't even update on the progress or say they 'are aware of the issue.' I try to minimize it as much as possible, but knowing that you are being harmed by the lack of trust in the app and even more that the support has managed to get worse, only leaves frustration! The company has become far from transparent!

• Sad 1