Rolling out Mobile 10.57

• Administrator

This release includes:

• A fix for an issue causing the app to freeze when executing a search with a high number of results
  • A fix for a paywall view not being able to be dismissed by swiping down
  • Release notes in app (we'll enable this later on)

It's a phased rollout, it will go out gradually over this week.
If you can't wait, on iOS you can update by directly visiting the App Store page. On the Play Store unfortunately you need to wait, there is no way to update manually.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on 10.57

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

General info about Android (or maybe Samsung) performance - I have a fairly new Samsung Tab 7 which was working well with 10.56 until I tried the AI search whch froze the app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled - the app opens and I just get white screens,  and the rotating arrow.  Uninstalled / restarted / reinstalled - still the same.  Plus if I tap an icon,  the app crashes.  Hopefully 10.57 may help fix this when I can get to it!

• Evernote Expert

@Federico Simionato I tried 10.57 today and the freezing issue seems to have continued.  I did an AI search and got results. But then the whole process of accessing notes seemed to freeze although I think everything just ground exceedingly slow.  It took sometime to be able to back out of the search results and carry on with normal service.  Since I don't really use AI Powered Search this isn't going to affect me too much. We'll see if others are still affected after receiving 10.57

• Like 1

Since installing this update on my iPad and iPhone whenever I try to move a note the app hangs when trying bring up the list of notebooks.  This happens if I invoke the move by tapping the current notebook of the note or use the menu option (either the one from within the note or from the note list).

1 hour ago, Grant837 said:

I hate this beta testing in public....

A programmer friend once told me:

"Programmers have it figured out that we define bugs in a program as development that clients have to pay for."

In other industries, everyone has it as a complaint when something doesn't work right.

So that's about it...

• Level 5
On 10/23/2023 at 1:56 PM, agsteele said:

@Federico Simionato I tried 10.57 today and the freezing issue seems to have continued.  I did an AI search and got results. But then the whole process of accessing notes seemed to freeze although I think everything just ground exceedingly slow.  It took sometime to be able to back out of the search results and carry on with normal service.  Since I don't really use AI Powered Search this isn't going to affect me too much. We'll see if others are still affected after receiving 10.57

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm still on 10.56 in Android, and thought about trying AI search today. Glad I didn't. Sheesh.

• Like 1

@Federico Simionato
After the upgrade to the latest version the following issues arise:

1. When sending an email and trying to move it to another folder, Evernote freezes and need restart

2. The issue in scratchpad returned. Need to decide which version to keep and this happens 2-3 times per day

3. Not a mobile issue but generic: When sending an email from outlook (PC) to Evernote @Notebook function does not work. Only the #Tag is working and this if send an email from the mobile 

Thank you

21 hours ago, Babis1215 said:

@Federico Simionato
After the upgrade to the latest version the following issues arise:

1. When sending an email and trying to move it to another folder, Evernote freezes and need restart

2. The issue in scratchpad returned. Need to decide which version to keep and this happens 2-3 times per day

3. Not a mobile issue but generic: When sending an email from outlook (PC) to Evernote @Notebook function does not work. Only the #Tag is working and this if send an email from the mobile 

Thank you

After the latest update, #1 & #2 seems to be solved

• Like 2

after being off from Evernote since 9 months or so, I was curious to see whats going on with my „old friend“ Evernote. And I‘ve to say the 10.57 is a huge improvement in terms of reliability and speed! well done! I‘ll play with it for some more days to see how it behaves when tons of data have been uploaded, and maybe, there will be a come back for me - who knows.

Good luck to Evernote stuff and their community!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5

Just checked Google Play and found v. 10.57.2 there (I never saw 10.57.1, thank goodness). I updated and noticed that opening a note was quite snappy, even one I hadn't opened for a long time. I shared a page from my browser, a news source page with lots of headlines, links, and pics, and it also seemed to work very quickly, and the note appeared in the app right away too. All in all, looking better.

BUT THEN I tried to create a new note with a sketch. As reported with iPhones above, this froze the app. I force closed it and restarted, still frozen. Cleared cache, force closed, restarted app, frozen. I had to restart the phone to get Evernote to work. @Federico Simionato, something's badly wrong here.

• Level 5
On 10/23/2023 at 3:59 AM, Federico Simionato said:

This release includes:

• A fix for an issue causing the app to freeze when executing a search with a high number of results
  • A fix for a paywall view not being able to be dismissed by swiping down
  • Release notes in app (we'll enable this later on)

It's a phased rollout, it will go out gradually over this week.
If you can't wait, on iOS you can update by directly visiting the App Store page. On the Play Store unfortunately you need to wait, there is no way to update manually.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on 10.57

At this point, no form of v. 10.57 seems safe to use. 57.1 freezes after using AI search, 57.2 freezes when attempting to add a sketch (or maybe any attachment). There is, of course, no point reporting this to support, since they are backed up, restructuring, and possibly frozen themselves, and this is an immediate need. @Federico Simionato, is a correction in progress?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2