Rolling out Mobile 10.56

• Administrator

Changelog:

• Performance improvements and miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Introducing AI-Powered Search! Simply ask a question and AI-Powered Search will immediately give you a direct and succinct written answer based on the content of your notes. Coming soon!

It's a phased rollout, it will go out gradually over this week.
If you can't wait, on iOS you can update by directly visiting the App Store page. On the Play Store unfortunately you need to wait, there is no way to update manually.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on 10.56

10 minutes ago, Federico Simionato said:

Changelog:

• Performance improvements and miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Introducing AI-Powered Search! Simply ask a question and AI-Powered Search will immediately give you a direct and succinct written answer based on the content of your notes. Coming soon!

It's a phased rollout, it will go out gradually over this week.
If you can't wait, on iOS you can update by directly visiting the App Store page. On the Play Store unfortunately you need to wait, there is no way to update manually.

Please, use this thread to report issues you specifically experience on 10.56

@Federico Simionato i would like to see if all is good after update but still from yesterday cannot login in iOs app. Any suggestions how to handle that? After Gmail login i get just elephants logo and than spin back to login. And it goes from yesterday.

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Remove the app from the device. When asked dump all data. Make a forced restart of the iOS device.

Open it, install the app. Login working now ?

Nope...tried all gimicks...removed from EN web, restarted, relaunched, re all...

• Level 5

Restarting here is „Forced restart“. If you know what it is and did it, fine. If not, it is not the regular restart. It’s more and will clean out some additional memory dumps.

Some further actions (but I doubt they will actually help):

Did you already try to delete EN from your iCloud keychain ? Make sure you have the login data saved elsewhere.

The other option would be to reset the network settings. OK, no fun because you loose all WiFi data, should have your SIM PIN ready etc. But there some data that make access difficult can reside as well.

On which subscription are you ?

If you mean Signin by Google, here is some more about it. If there is a problem, use the email & password login instead.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/230436427

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Restarting here is „Forced restart“. If you know what it is and did it, fine. If not, it is not the regular restart. It’s more and will clean out some additional memory dumps.

Some further actions (but I doubt they will actually help):

Did you already try to delete EN from your iCloud keychain ? Make sure you have the login data saved elsewhere.

The other option would be to reset the network settings. OK, no fun because you loose all WiFi data, should have your SIM PIN ready etc. But there some data that make access difficult can reside as well.

On which subscription are you ?

If you mean Signin by Google, here is some more about it. If there is a problem, use the email & password login instead.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/230436427

Subscription Premium, cool, ha. I really dont plan to delete half of possible things and lose 3 hours so that i am able to login in app i am paying. I did :

- restart of iphone

- update of iphone

- update of app

- one more restart

- removing of app as device

- what should i remove more :) 

@Federico Simionato as for your question, I can’t pass after manually adding email on login as clicking on Continue doesn’t do nothing. If i click on Google login i am passing to elephant logo and after minute of looking in elephant logo and black screen returned to login.

Also, until yesterday my app worked and I didn’t log out before.

• Thanks 1

I have an endless loop to subscribe monthly when trying to get on evernote on my phone.  I cannot circumvent the loop.

Likewise, when I try to login on my desktop, there is an endless loop of verifying the device Im trying to login on.

What the hell is going on over there at Evernote.  I just need to get on and view a note.

16 hours ago, Frki2 said:

@Federico Simionato i would like to see if all is good after update but still from yesterday cannot login in iOs app. Any suggestions how to handle that? After Gmail login i get just elephants logo and than spin back to login. And it goes from yesterday.

Same with me… any ideas??

14 hours ago, Frki2 said:

Subscription Premium, cool, ha. I really dont plan to delete half of possible things and lose 3 hours so that i am able to login in app i am paying. I did :

- restart of iphone

- update of iphone

- update of app

- one more restart

- removing of app as device

- what should i remove more :) 

@Federico Simionato as for your question, I can’t pass after manually adding email on login as clicking on Continue doesn’t do nothing. If i click on Google login i am passing to elephant logo and after minute of looking in elephant logo and black screen returned to login.

Also, until yesterday my app worked and I didn’t log out before.

I did the same as mentioned before in the post and the trouble is still persistent. Still no login for app that im paying….😳

Cut and Paste in title for iOS not working correctly

@Federico Simionato

App Version: 10.56 (Uninstalled, Rebooted, Reinstalled)

iOS Version: 17.0.3

Steps:

• Copied some text from a webpage in Safari
  • Opened EN and created a new note
  • Moved the cursor to title and selected paste
  • The item pasted in the note section and not the title like it was supposed to

• Level 5

If the title field is not populated, it will be filled from the first line of text in the note.

That's the standard behavior now when there is no title content in a note, but something in the content area. I think it has nothing to do with the bug.

The bug is that you can't copy into the title field. I can confirm this, 10.56 iOS. It seems the source doesn't play a role, I get the same result copying from a website, an email or from a pdf. Although the cursor is set to the title field, it inserts the copied text at the top of the note body, and leaves the title field untouched.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If the title field is not populated, it will be filled from the first line of text in the note.

That's the standard behavior now when there is no title content in a note, but something in the content area. I think it has nothing to do with the bug.

You are correct, I forgot about that behavior. I fixed the post. Thanks!

• Like 1

@Federico Simionato

Tasks on my Android phone is extremely slow and I'm almost certain that it's because of the number of tasks I have - single tasks, recurring tasks and deleted tasks.  987 completed tasks, 1074 tasks total.  It takes 30 seconds or more after pressing the Create button for the button to go away and the ask to be created.  I'd be happy to tidy up my note file to improve performance but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this.  There ought to be a way to archive deleted tasks. This is not a new issue but it is relevant to every release including this one. I have opened a support case for this but since the person trying to reproduce the issue is most likely not doing so with such a large data file, they are not seeing what I am seeing.

So when you say "Performance Improvements" I am curious to know exactly what these are.

• Level 5

Maybe a disastrous update for yourself - I am on 10.56 / iOS on several devices, and all of them work without a problem. Something can go wrong on updating, but to believe everybody needs to have the same problem is preposterous.

Log out, uninstall, dump all data when asked, restart the mobile device. Reinstall, log in.

• Like 1

Curious whether others are with hundred of tasks are seeing the same issue.   If I create multiple Tasks notes, assuming the number of tasks in one note is the issue, will I still be able to see all of my tasks in the Tasks view as if they were all in one note? This is not specific to this release but has been an issue for a while on my Android phone - not on the desktop.

• Level 5*

I don’t think I’m following your question.  What specifically are you seeing that is the concern?

The task view pulls all of your tasks out of every note will list them in that view whether there was one in a note or several.

@PinkElephantI've already done it this way, and I even took a screenshot showing the bug. Even when an update was released and the bug persisted, I reported that it wasn't resolved. The support has been discouraging lately; you report, attach screenshots and the activity log, but it's not resolved. Customer service has stopped being humanized and now seems to be in a "whatever" state. Regrettable!

• Evernote Expert

I don't think that this is a bug in the sense that it is an issue that can be reproduced widely.  I just tried it on my device and each icon on the widget worked as I would expect it to.

I am assuming that you've gone through the usual uninstall, restart the phone, reinstall process. That has resolved occasional glitches which sometimes seem to accompany version updates.

Otherwise you will need to persist with the Tech Support team. As you realise, we are just fellow users so can sympathise and confirm whether we are experiencing the same thing.

If no or very few others have the same issue then it indicates a device related issue.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 10/17/2023 at 2:02 PM, mackid1993 said:

@Federico Simionato would it be possible to correct the back gesture behavior on Android in the future. Rather than going back in many cases it closes the app which is counterintuitive to how Android works. 

I just want to question this a bit. It is not universal behavior in Android apps, but it is far from unique to Evernote. I see it, for instance, in the Wikipedia app too. I don't have a list, but I know there are others besides Wikipedia. It could be considered a useful distinction between the two "back" gestures: the system back at bottom of screen, and the app back at top left.

13 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just want to question this a bit. It is not universal behavior in Android apps, but it is far from unique to Evernote. I see it, for instance, in the Wikipedia app too. I don't have a list, but I know there are others besides Wikipedia. It could be considered a useful distinction between the two "back" gestures: the system back at bottom of screen, and the app back at top left.

In most applications system back is the same as the top left back. It's just muscle memory for most android users especially with gesture navigation enabled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
49 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

In most applications system back is the same as the top left back. It's just muscle memory for most android users especially with gesture navigation enabled.

Agreed, I tend to hit system back in Evernote. But my muscles are learning the new memory.

3 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Agreed, I tend to hit system back in Evernote. But my muscles are learning the new memory.

Hopefully this isn't too difficult for them to change, it makes it difficult to navigate the Android app.

• Thanks 1

Ai search is now on my mobile (iPhone) - now this is truly useful as I’m more likely to be asking questions on the move. Just tried it asking it a question, the answer was a bit slow in coming but the accuracy and level of detail given back was astonishing as it was all drawn from a scanned appointment and everything even down to very complex names was accurate. 

• Thanks 1

Been using 10.56 on my Samsung Galaxy A52 for about 10 days and I see three main issues:

1. As others said, I'm frustrated with the phone's back button exiting the app altogether every time! Too much wasted time reopening the app and the note each time. Please bring back the normal use of Android's back button as in most apps.
  2. Note loading is veeery slow. I timed it and most of the time it takes about 10 seconds to open a note. 😒
  3. Offline notebooks: out of my ~75 notebooks, I need to have 10-12 downloaded on my phone for offline use. It's been 10 days that I started gradually setting them as "offline" and most still have the green circle icon next to them which (if I'm not mistaken) indicates that they're still becoming available offline. Totally weird, especially for those with just a few notes!

On another note, I really dislike that the homepage doesn't automatically show the list of notes sorted by date, like Legacy used to allow.....

• Administrator

Note loading is veeery slow. I timed it and most of the time it takes about 10 seconds to open a note. 😒

This is odd, the median value for Android on 10.56.3 is actually improved vs the median we are tracking on Android: 1.27s (10.56.3 median) vs 1.33s (Android median).

Are you on a good connection? Are the notes you're loading pretty big? Or were they opened/edited last time before the beginning of the year (more or less)?

These are the cases that generally slow down note loading. Plus the device, but your doesn't seem too bad.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Notes list: Open it, hit the 3 dots top right.

At the bottom a menu opens. Choose created or changed date, by tapping again you can change the sort order.

Thanks. I know it can be done after 2-3 steps each time but am hoping EN can change it back to having this as an option for default homepage.

8 hours ago, Federico Simionato said:

This is odd, the median value for Android on 10.56.3 is actually improved vs the median we are tracking on Android: 1.27s (10.56.3 median) vs 1.33s (Android median).

Are you on a good connection? Are the notes you're loading pretty big? Or were they opened/edited last time before the beginning of the year (more or less)?

These are the cases that generally slow down note loading. Plus the device, but your doesn't seem too bad.

Wow, 1.33s! Not sure why mine so slow. Wifi is pretty fast. I've been setting notebooks to download gradually (maybe 2-3 every day) and none of my notes is more than 30MB. Some I haven't edited in weeks or months and some I edit nearly every day. I read somewhere that having Legacy in one of the synced devices can be an issue and I wonder if that's the case (I have legacy on my computer). ?