You no longer have access to this notebook Permissions lost popping up when I do a search

Go to solution Solved by Morgan G,

• Level 5

As explained many times already in this forum, you can provoke the permissions bug by searching in the usual way with filters applied directly - which is now leading to that problem.

Make a general search first, and only when the search list is available, apply filters for notebooks or tags. This works around the bug.

We hope a new release will fix the problem next week. Fingers crossed ...

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue.  The notebook doesn't search and has "Lost Permissions" and on Android the notebook doesn't appear at all and on one screen it shows the lock icon.  Really frustrated with EN now.

• Level 5

This subforum is about Windows, so let’s stick to it. 

As already described in a large number of threads (that some people seem to ignore, blurting out their issue without reading first), the workaround is simple: Run a general search first. When the results list shows, use the filters to trim it down by notebook or tag selection.

An upcoming update is expected to fix the issue.

• Like 1
  • Solution
On 7/27/2023 at 12:39 PM, Morgan G said:

Same issue here.  <sigh>

Experimentally, I've found that I can search all Notes and then apply a notebook filter to still find what I'm looking for.

Version 10.60.4 fixes this issue.  10.59 won't auto-update, but you can manually download from the main Evernote download page.

OK I did search, and I found a lot of threads about this. BUT I am experiencing the problem ONLINE, using Evernote on my BROWSER. Is the web version stuck to 10.59? How do I upgrade the version I am accessing online?

I am experiencing the same problem. Is there any official announcement from Evernote? If search does not work, IMO, the app is critically broken and they should issue a refund until the issue is resolved. I also have issues searching by tags on my iphone. I get less notes returned when I know there are more notes with the same tag in my Windows version. It seems the new ownership is trying to kill the product or is completely clueless. 

I signed up for an account on the forum just so i could view this thread, because i started seeing this issue and it makes evernote almost unusable. everytime i work at a company i make a notebook for work, and not being able to quickly search my notes is awful. i've been a paying member for a long time this should have been fixed immediately

Same problem. . . 🤷‍♀️

$10 increase and now I can't even search. 

I am on a Mac - Ventura 13.4 / Evernote 10.59.5 / Get the same lovely "permissions lost" note. I can find the note manually. . . yeah, that's a real time waster. Evernote is my brain assistant. If it's going to be dysfunctional, I may need to look for something else. 

3 hours ago, Jamie L said:

Okay! I have installed the update. Will this still auto remind me when a new one comes in? Hope this works.

It will show a little notification in the side bar that a new update is ready to install and automatically update the next time you close and reopen Evernote.

With the App Store versions you have more control over when to update (as long as you don't have automatic updates turned on).

I use the direct download version too, but I generally manually download and install the new version before it happens through the app (since I know when a new version is out because of these forums).

Web client has also been updated - 10.60.4. Issue resolved. Workarounds did work.

Fixed

• Fixed audio loss when moving note during recording
  • Fixed tag deletion modal to include subtags
  • Fixed "Search failed. Try again later" error when filtering parent tag with sub-tags
  • Fixed ‘Note Unavailable’ error when loading notes
  • Fixed “Permission lost” error when searching or filtering in notebook view
  • Fixed printing issue (Firefox browser)

It is ridiculous for Evernote to have the new version still not up to standard (like the importfolder not deleting after importing and a lot of other features), having bugs for months without a reply but the newest mail has me wheeling. 

The price for Evernote is going up. Without new features or even listening to their customers. and not a bit. 
THE PRICE IS DOUBLING!!

in 2 years time the software got worse but the price has increased by € 100! Double the price is ridiculous! Don’t they want customers to stay!!

I am having the same lost permission issue and the 'add filter' option isn't working either.  Anyone know when this will be fixed? I have a medical form that I need to get out of there.

• Level 5
16 hours ago, dek1 said:

I am having the same lost permission issue and the 'add filter' option isn't working either.  Anyone know when this will be fixed? I have a medical form that I need to get out of there.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Best practice is to read a bit first, then post if necessary. As stated in a number of posts here in the past week: 

Version 10.60.4 fixes this issue.  10.59 won't auto-update, but you can manually download from the main Evernote download page.

(quoting from this post specifically). By this time, v. 10.59.5 may be auto-updating.

On 8/19/2023 at 6:01 PM, nattalip said:

It sounds like you're encountering a permissions issue with Evernote on Windows 11, where you're unable to search within a notebook due to a "Permissions Lost" message.

It is solved with 10.60.4! Thx