Red screen when sharing browser content to Evernote

Go to solution Solved by BEHA,

• Evernote Expert

I got 10.51.2 yesterday.  So far I can share from my browser to Evernote without trouble.

Sometimes these issue arise after a version update.  I'd recommend uninstalling the app and then reinstalling and configuring your personal settings and see if that resolves the issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, psfblair said:

I've recently started having the problem where I can no longer "clip" web pages in Chrome, Firefox, or DuckDuckGo on Android. When I hit "Share" and then hit the Evernote icon, a red screen flashes by saying, "Oops! Something went wrong. TypeError: Cannot read property 'getFeatureRolloutValueAwaitingInitialLoad' of undefined

How might I get this working again?

Evernote 10.51.2

Android 13

Same problem 🤥

• Like 3
3 hours ago, agsteele said:

I got 10.51.2 yesterday.  So far I can share from my browser to Evernote without trouble.

Sometimes these issue arise after a version update.  I'd recommend uninstalling the app and then reinstalling and configuring your personal settings and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks. Uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote fixed the problem.

• Like 1

同じ現象です。赤い画面が一瞬出たあと、クリップできません。削除して再インストールすると復活しますが、何度かクリップすると同じ現象が起きます。

• Like 3

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The problem vanished - but came back again later. And I also lost the ability to add widgets. Evernote introduces new bugs with every update. 😒

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Same here:

- sharing a JPG from gallery of my Android 13 devices (phone & tablet)

- sharing website from Firefox or Chrome browser on Android 13 devices

Then for a very short moment a red background appears, too short to read everything, I can only see something saying like "oops something went wrong"

Re-installing Evernote helps for the next first clipping Website or sharing image from phone gallery to Evernote, but then this fails again.

Then I tried clearing cache in Evernote app's settings, same: helps only for one time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same here.. I'm starting to lose my cool.. We don't need to be subjected to this nonsense.

I've uninstalled and re-installed and it's the same and now I can't even add my widget to my home screen!

What's the deal here ?

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, KoZz said:

Is there anyway we can revert to a previous version. 10.51.2 (1130705) seems to have caused this..

I have no idea where to get a previous Android version 😞

• Confused 1
  • Evernote Expert

You can search via any number of APK repositories. You will have to sideload the chosen APK and be sure to block automatic upgrades otherwise you'll be back around to the newer version again.

Or just persevere and anticipate the arrival of a new release with a fix.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Surely, just like in this forum there's many other people complaining like me. I have sent an email to ask for assistance from Evernote and  I have yet to get a reply. However I have asked for assistance before and they replied immediately, therefore maybe they're aware of it and they don't know how to fix it as well.

Frustrating because how often do we rely on this particular function of Evernote on a daily basis and now I'm trying to find and look for work around but have not yet come up with one. I'm now copying everything in the pocket and then trying to copy it back into evernote, which is just a pain.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:57 AM, agsteele said:

Many thanks, I only noticed this earlier today when I tried to send a receipt to EN.  The Red notification disappeared before I could read it.  Reinstalling solved it.

Galaxy S10 here. I had the same issue and tried rolling back to earlier versions with the same results (I went back as far as version 10.49). I did a screen recording of trying to clip a page,  played back the recording and was able to screenshot the error message (attached).
Other times when trying to clip the clipper couldn't find any notebooks (I suspect this is the root issue). These two scenarios would occur regardless of what version I was running on the Galaxy. 
On my PC App version of Evernote I was able to select a Default Notebook. I didn't see the option to do this on the mobile version of the web version. After selecting the Default Notebook the mobile version of the clipper was able to see it (and all of the other notebooks after pressing the notebook icon). At the time I believe I was using Evernote 10.50.4. I have since reinstalled the current version (10.51.2) from the Play Store and it's functioning normally. 

Edit: On the web version of Evernote after clicking on a Notebook and selecting "Info" the is a place to choose it as the Default Notebook. I haven't found a place to do it with the mobile version. 

Evernote Error.jpg

Edited by Wesihcfan
Missed a word.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 6/29/2023 at 2:40 PM, Coffee First Thing said:

Thanks. Uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, the proposed solution of uninstalling and reinstalling does not resolve the issue.

In fact, it exacerbates the problem by preventing you from signing in to the widget.

Additionally, another peculiar behaviour has surfaced after the reinstallation: when attempting to share, a message appears stating that file permissions are required.

This issue did not manifest prior to the uninstallation and reinstallation. Prior it was showing the error with the Red Screen.

Overall, the situation is highly problematic, and it requires urgent attention from Evernote.

As a long-term user of Evernote, having utilized the platform since 2014, this experience has significantly marred my day.

I am profoundly dissatisfied with the current state of affairs and sincerely hope that Evernote will address these concerns promptly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Wesihcfan said:

Galaxy S10 here. I had the same issue and tried rolling back to earlier versions with the same results (I went back as far as version 10.49). I did a screen recording of trying to clip a page,  played back the recording and was able to screenshot the error message (attached).
Other times when trying to clip the clipper couldn't find any notebooks (I suspect this is the root issue). These two scenarios would occur regardless of what version I was running on the Galaxy. 
On my PC App version of Evernote I was able to select a Default Notebook. I didn't see the option to do this on the mobile version of the web version. After selecting the Default Notebook the mobile version of the clipper was able to see it (and all of the other notebooks after pressing the notebook icon). At the time I believe I was using Evernote 10.50.4. I have since reinstalled the current version (10.51.2) from the Play Store and it's functioning normally. 

Edit: On the web version of Evernote after clicking on a Notebook and selecting "Info" the is a place to choose it as the Default Notebook. I haven't found a place to do it with the mobile version. 

Evernote Error.jpg

So if you've managed to revert to a previous version and problems still persist then maybe it's server related. Look, they've obviously changed something which is causing this nightmare for us end users...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, KoZz said:

Unfortunately, the proposed solution of uninstalling and reinstalling does not resolve the issue.

Did you restart your phone before reinstalling it?  Worked perfectly for me.

On 7/1/2023 at 8:10 PM, janndk said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The problem vanished - but came back again later. And I also lost the ability to add widgets. Evernote introduces new bugs with every update. 😒

We are now paying nearly $150 per year, with so much competition out there why doesn't evernote fix these problems? No wonder why so many are jumping ship.

I just canceled my prescription until they fix it or will go back to Notion, as this is a major feature of EN.

35 minutes ago, BEHA said:

In my case only for a short time, then this problem appears again, so watch it!

Working fine for me now I have clipped several Receipts.  I did a restart on the phone before reinstalling.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

Working fine for me now I have clipped several Receipts.  I did a restart on the phone before reinstalling.

Restart isn't solving anything.,. nothing is helping! 

Screen record I just created of the CHAOS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TtXD5GJ42nHvKJzssF5MNPJ6ku8GldmU/view?usp=drivesdk

As I previously mentioned, after the re-installation if I try and share a file to Evernote, no longer does the Red screen appear but it now states file permission required at the bottom of the screen. I can share that if I have to however I'm going to have to take a walk now because I'm on the verge of my smashing my phone.

I'm sick of this now.

Evernote, sort your lives out!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, KoZz said:

Restart isn't solving anything.,. nothing is helping! 

Screen record I just created of the CHAOS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TtXD5GJ42nHvKJzssF5MNPJ6ku8GldmU/view?usp=drivesdk

As I previously mentioned, after the re-installation if I try and share a file to Evernote, no longer does the Red screen appear but it now states file permission required at the bottom of the screen. I can share that if I have to however I'm going to have to take a walk now because I'm on the verge of my smashing my phone.

I'm sick of this now.

Evernote, sort your lives out!

Here is the File Permission pop up when trying to share to Evernote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U31k_0nmCSW97A5Lr_jk9Iugd-8gLihd/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bmcl26 said:

I did a restart on the phone before reinstalling.

Yay! That seemed to do the trick - thanks! 👍👍👍😊

But I still hope Evernote finds a solution soon, so updating the app doesn't require a reinstallation and new setup process every time 🙄

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, KoZz said:

I find this very hard to believe. So what, it's just me is it ?

No, not just you, I have the same issue and it is so annoying. I sent a support ticket yesterday with activity log, but still have no answer.

In my ticket I referred to this post.

4 minutes ago, KoZz said:

I find this very hard to believe. So what, it's just me is it ?

Try:
1) uninstall Evernote
2) restart mobile
3) install Evernote from Google Play store

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, janndk said:

Try:
1) uninstall Evernote
2) restart mobile

I've clearly done that.. Go and look at my screen record that I posted above the URL to my google drive and this is after (post) restart and re-installation. Take a look at the video dude .. I'm stumped 

4 minutes ago, janndk said:

Try:
1) uninstall Evernote
2) restart mobile

It worked only for the first clipping after re-install, then it fails again.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BEHA said:

No, not just you, I have the same issue and it is so annoying. I sent a support ticket yesterday with activity log, but still have no answer.

In my ticket I referred to this post.

Good stuff. I too have sent a request to support and have included this URL as a reference. Lets hope that support don't simply say, Oh un-install and restart and everything "should" work because it clearly isn't and I've posted evidence above.

• Thanks 1

Currently I got an answer from support:

Quote:

"I'm transferring this ticket to our technical support team who will continue to assist you. Please know that they are working on your case and will reply after they've had the opportunity to review the information you've provided.
Thank you for your patience in the matter."

So far not very helpful as always.

10 minutes ago, KoZz said:

I've clearly done that.. Go and look at my screen record that I posted above the URL to my google drive and is this after (post) restart and re-installation. Take a look at the video dude .. I'm stumped 

You can keep your screen records to yourself.

Anyway - the problem came back 😒

• Sad 2
9 minutes ago, BEHA said:

It worked only for the first clipping after re-install, then it fails again.

For me it worked some time - managed to do some clipping and collecting - and then suddently "red screen" again 😕

• Evernote Expert

This is obviously a continuing issue. Uninstall/Reinstall seems to provide some temporary relief but clearly not a resolution. 

A support ticket is the only way forward. There will be no resolution to offer until the Devs locate the cause and can implement a fix. Sadly for those affected this isn't an instant thing.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, janndk said:

You can keep your screen records to yourself.

Anyway - the problem came back 😒

What do you mean keep to myself... I created the screen record to share specially what I'm experiencing and to make others not just you, aware of what the issue is. Visually! Capis! 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, janndk said:

I reported this to Evernote support about a week ago. They couldn't provide any solution, and have now closed the ticket. 🤥

Time to commence legal proceedings ... 

• Confused 1
12 minutes ago, agsteele said:

This is obviously a continuing issue. Uninstall/Reinstall send to provide some temporary relief but clearly not a resolution. 

A support ticket is there only way forward. There will be no resolution to offer until the Devs locate the cause and can implement a fix. Good this affected this isn't an instant thing.

I agree .. time to sit tight and let the devs figure it out 

• Evernote Expert
22 minutes ago, janndk said:

I reported this to Evernote support about a week ago. They couldn't provide any solution, and have now closed the ticket. 🤥

A closed ticket doesn't mean that it has been abandoned. It does mean that there is nothing more to report to the customer. You can always return the ticket in, say, four weeks to ask what is happening.

34 minutes ago, KoZz said:

What do you mean keep to myself... I created the screen record to share specially what I'm experiencing and to make others not just you, aware of what the issue is. Visually! Capis! 

"I've clearly done that.. "
"Go and look at my screen record" 
"Take a look at the video dude .. I'm stumped"

A simple "I've done that" would've been enough. I was just enthusiastic because I thought the solution was found. Unfortunately it wasn't. I'm very sorry I tried to help you - it's not going to happen again.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, janndk said:

"I've clearly done that.. "
"Go and look at my screen record" 
"Take a look at the video dude .. I'm stumped"

A simple "I've done that" would've been enough. I was just enthusiastic because I thought the solution was found. Unfortunately it wasn't. I'm very sorry I tried to help you - it's not going to happen again.

Worst things have be known to happen

• Haha 1

Same issues here for the last several days.  Will also send a support request, but there's no excuse why a severe issue like this should take so long to rectify.  I feel/agree that EN has gotten worse ever since the went away from the Legacy version on Windows (I still haven't upgraded because I showed them that they just introduced more problems w/the new versions & they intentionally did not resolve them [I finally gave up after trying to work w/them over many months]).  I used to be a huge ambassador for EN, but now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Very unprofessional & disrespectful to your clients Evernote!

• Like 2

I just noticed: if I want to clip a website or a JPG from my phone gallery and the red screen appears, then I go directly to the EVERNOTE app and then it is empty:

you can see the notes in the preview list, but by clicking on a note, you can see a loading icon that spins forever. 

If you go to the list of notebooks, it is empty. 

Then I go to the settings of my phone (Samsung Galaxy S23, Android 13) -  Apps -> Evernote and clear there the cache. Then my notebooks are back for the moment. As soon as I want to clip something again, the story starts again.

I think they just can't get a handle on the annoying sync problem!  But the prices increase drastically!  I'm so upset!

• Like 1

After creating a support ticket & getting the canned reply I decided to try & fix it myself using recommendations from others above.  My installed version is 10.51.2.  I logged out of the app, cleared the cache & storage, shut off the phone, restarted the phone, restarted the app & logged back in.  This seems to have fixed it, both on my home WiFi & using only cellular data.  🤞

Original poster here: I had originally marked the "uninstall/reinstall" advice as a solution, as the issue went away after I reinstalled. However, it has returned and I've now unmarked it as a solution.

• Like 4

Today I got another answer from another one from support. The answer is:

"I apologize for the trouble and poor experience as this is not expected behavior. The issue has been reported to our development team, and it will be resolved in an upcoming update."

I hope they'll hurry up, I can not work like that 😞

• Like 2

I don't understand why EN doesn't have an official site (ie: trustworthy) with a repository of past versions that we can use to downgrade to until they get their $h!t fixed.  I know better than to wait for them to fix something & have learned to resolve it myself or work around it (I'm not a programmer).

I have a regular (non-rooted) phone (Pixel 6) & use an app called 'APK Installer' to install previous versions if needed (there are other threads on here about APKs, but basically an APK file is just a version of the app).  You have to be careful where you get your APKs from though, as they can be modified by bad actors & contain bad stuff too. For example; I installed EN v8.13.3 from a site called 'APKMirror' (which was recommended by Android Authority on December 5, 2021, How-To Geek on Jan. 23, 2018 and even here in the EN forums) & even it had some Chinese bull$h!t in it that looked suspicious to me.

'APK Installer' is also useful so I can keep my own repository of apps I've bought or used in the past that I like b/c sometimes the app stops being available or is "no longer compatible" with a new device, but yet still works fine.

• Like 2

I hope the tech team are giving the problem there top priority,  its very frustrating. 

Also my Evernote subscription fee  is due in a couple of days,

It has increased this year by a staggering 80% :o

On 7/3/2023 at 12:07 PM, enfan-01 said:

Same issues here for the last several days.  Will also send a support request, but there's no excuse why a severe issue like this should take so long to rectify.  I feel/agree that EN has gotten worse ever since the went away from the Legacy version on Windows (I still haven't upgraded because I showed them that they just introduced more problems w/the new versions & they intentionally did not resolve them [I finally gave up after trying to work w/them over many months]).  I used to be a huge ambassador for EN, but now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Very unprofessional & disrespectful to your clients Evernote!

What would you recommend as an alternative?

Meanwhile it has gotten so bad that a re-installation and clearing the cache, restarting the device, etc. no longer help anything.

No clipping from websites, from pictures from the phone gallery are no longer possible.  Nothing works anymore. 🤬😡😤

• Like 1

Yes, the new company is called broken spoons correct I think it's more like breaking evernote. I also received back by email from service and they said they will not do anything about it and it will be in the update, nearly $200 for this app and they said about an update which could happen. What in a year's time.  I don't know about you guys but I'm going out of here probably back to notion.

• Evernote Expert

Nothing has changed because the fix has not been rolled out.

As a workaround I've created an Import Folder inside my Google Drive directory. I save any files I need to send to Evernote in that directory and they are uploaded to my account.  I don't generally save websites clips from my phone into Evernote so that isn't an issue for me.  For that I'd save the URL into a note and fix it on my desktop later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, agsteele said:

As a workaround I've created an Import Folder inside my Google Drive directory. I save any files I need to send to Evernote in that directory and they are uploaded to my account.  I don't generally save websites clips from my phone into Evernote so that isn't an issue for me.  For that I'd save the URL into a note and fix it on my desktop later.

That's seems a good idea for a temp workaround, thanks for sharing

28 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Good idea 👍

However, in my case it's mostly webclips I need to save, so I use OneNote as a "workaround" - what a bummer! 🤥🤣

Actually I tried OneNote (combined with TickTick) as EN replacement, but it didn't really work out, and didn't have time to recreate/alter my workflow, so I was forced to continue with Evernote.

• Evernote Expert

Another workaround for sending files/documents is to send it to Email and then Email to the users Evernote address. That is quicker than the share to Google Drive.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

send it to Email and then Email to the users Evernote address

Just noting that incoming emails are only available to subscribers.  I've been following this for a while,  and (boringly) while I have seen the issue a couple of times,  both my Androids (Legacy and 10.52) generally work with sharing.  The red notice (if it appears) goes away - but I don't know why or how!  Meantime Import folders in your favourite cloud drive may be a thing - I've shared directly to a folder in my Google drive (no emails involved) which is now an Import Folder and working fine...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, agsteele said:

Another workaround for sending files/documents is to send it to Email and then Email to the users Evernote address. That is quicker than the share to Google Drive.

Wow - this works quite well 🙂👍

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

both my Androids (Legacy and 10.52)

Have you had an updated release to 10.52 or was that a mistype for 10.51.2?

I'm hoping that the next version will include the promised fix for the red screen issue.

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Just noting that incoming emails are only available to subscribers.  I've been following this for a while,  and (boringly) while I have seen the issue a couple of times,  both my Androids (Legacy and 10.52) generally work with sharing.  The red notice (if it appears) goes away - but I don't know why or how!  Meantime Import folders in your favourite cloud drive may be a thing - I've shared directly to a folder in my Google drive (no emails involved) which is now an Import Folder and working fine...

This is a truly fantastic idea! I've been using an approach where I would share files to my Google Drive, and then I'd go through the rather time-consuming process of manually moving these files to the import folder on my desktop. With your insightful suggestion, I can make some necessary changes: set the upload path directly to a specific folder in Google Drive and create a fresh import path in Evernote. This brilliant strategy will completely eradicate the need for manual transfers, leading to a significant saving in time.

Absolutely perfect for our current situation. It serves as an efficient interim solution while we eagerly await the release of the new update. Great!

• Like 1

Well it was good while it lasted.  EN just completely made 2 notes I created on my phone today completely disappear!  Doesn't seem to matter what type of note I create.  Don't understand how they could not have fixed this HUGE issue by now.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:02 PM, sakachan said:

同じ現象です。赤い画面が一瞬出たあと、クリップできません。削除して再インストールすると復活しますが、何度かクリップすると同じ現象が起きます。

Same for me. Uninstall/reinstall fixes it once and then the next clip/share fails.

毎日使ってる機能ので困ってます。

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, skywire said:

There is zero excuse for deploying a build untested. I've had it. Evernote, you are dead to me.

How do you know it was untested? Perhaps not tested adequately. Anyway goodbye. The resolution is promised.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, enfan-01 said:

Well it was good while it lasted.  EN just completely made 2 notes I created on my phone today completely disappear!  Doesn't seem to matter what type of note I create.  Don't understand how they could not have fixed this HUGE issue by now.

Hahaha EN in a nutshell. These procedures and way of communicating with end users must be a trademark by now. They should patent it LOL.

Havnt experienced such continuesly mess over time with any other commercial well known app. Makes you wonder. Did the source code went out of hands at some point in time, or are there a toxic work culture, or what is it all about. 

Always loved the UI and the logo, but if a true competitor ever come, Im worried EM face such a dicline in users it might just be the start of the end of it. 

Even if EN have maked it almost impossible for us to export our own data, I know I'll be the first to migrate. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Arp_148 said:

Even if EN have maked it almost impossible for us to export our own data,

Export notes as a PDF

Export notes and notebooks as ENEX or HTML

-And this is a (mostly) user-supported Forum,  so if you have issues,  especially data losses,  please get in touch with Evernote Support who may be able to help you get your data back,  or at least avoid future losses.  Complaining here is like having a toothache and hoping your dentist will fix it 'soon'.

Meanwhile I get my Android Evernote to work only for 1 clipping, no matter if it's an image/screenshot or a website, when I cleared the app's cache. Then it fails again.  But:  I have found my "perfect" workaround: sending everything to my Evernote e-mail adress. At the Evernote desktop I only need to clip websites again since in the e-mail is only link.  It works with this temporary hack, but Evernote should really hurry up! I pay a lot of money for that s*hit that it is in the moment !!! 🤬  🠠

when can we finally expect a fix???

@Nick L.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, BEHA said:

I have found my "perfect" workaround: sending everything to my Evernote e-mail adress.

That's not available to free account users,  but I found an alternative - share to a Google Drive folder,  and set that folder as an Import Folder to move the content to Evernote.  As to when to expect a fix - when the Support team understand why this is happening and can code a reliable patch to avoid it.  They will as soon as they can - but no-one can say when that will be!

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

Export notes as a PDF

Export notes and notebooks as ENEX or HTML

-And this is a (mostly) user-supported Forum,  so if you have issues,  especially data losses,  please get in touch with Evernote Support who may be able to help you get your data back,  or at least avoid future losses.  Complaining here is like having a toothache and hoping your dentist will fix it 'soon'.

Dont believe I wrote anything about data loss, but sounds good if there is a bulk functioning export option nowdays. If it works 😅 (for users purposes). 

And If its really needed to state; what Im writing about is not a support ticket, just facts about EN's history, that just went on, under all critiqs in a bunch of long episodes, many years, back/forth. 

Got some hopes 2020 during the big change but that quickly went out the window. But it seems to be happening again. 

On 7/7/2023 at 11:54 AM, BEHA said:

Meanwhile I get my Android Evernote to work only for 1 clipping, no matter if it's an image/screenshot or a website, when I cleared the app's cache. Then it fails again.  But:  I have found my "perfect" workaround: sending everything to my Evernote e-mail adress. At the Evernote desktop I only need to clip websites again since in the e-mail is only link.  It works with this temporary hack, but Evernote should really hurry up! I pay a lot of money for that s*hit that it is in the moment !!! 🤬  🠠

when can we finally expect a fix???

@Nick L.

We're confident this fix will be available in the next update, 10.52 available in a few weeks. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Nick L. said:

We're confident this fix will be available in the next update, 10.52 available in a few weeks. 

Are you kidding?

In a few weeks?

I cannot work with the Android app AT ALL! Nothing, absolutely nothing can be clipped! Not a single note can be opened: a loading icon is spinning endlessly!

I will definitely not renew my Evernote subscription! That is absolutely incompetent and annoying!

• Like 7

I can't save to Evernote via android, either. I get the "Ooops" red screen.

Samsung Note 10, Evernote 10.51.2.

A fix in "a few weeks" seems a long time for such fundamental functionality. 

• Like 1

Same issue. I can't believe they haven't resolved this yet. It's not just happening with clipping, but ANY kind of new note. Quick, audio, photo, clip... all get the red screen. 

Uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled. Nothing works. 

Pixel 7 Pro. 

6 hours ago, Nick L. said:

This isn't acceptable. The app is completely broken and non-usable. I've been a paid user for years, and you're not keeping your commitment to your customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, gh08809 said:

Same issue. I can't believe they haven't resolved this yet. It's not just happening with clipping, but ANY kind of new note. Quick, audio, photo, clip... all get the red screen. 

Uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled. Nothing works. 

Pixel 7 Pro. 

I don't know how the Google Play store works, but rolling back Evernote to the previous version would be a good, temporary fix. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gh08809 said:

This isn't acceptable. The app is completely broken and non-usable. I've been a paid user for years, and you're not keeping your commitment to your customers. 

I understand the frustration and apologize this is taking longer than expected. I also apologize my vagueness in last update. What I can say is that we've fixed the issue, and that the app is going through a final round of testing and release approval before we ship to everyone.  Most of this is under our control, but some of it is reliant in how fast app stores can approve our submission. 

There are workarounds to ensure the app is working in the meantime, so I suggest to open a ticket with support if possible. 

Rest assured we are trying to get this update out the door quickly so that everyone here has the app working as expected. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Nick L. said:

Rest assured we are trying to get this update out the door quickly so that everyone here has the app working as expected. 

I've been on the other side of this more times than I care to count which includes this weekend. Good luck to us both!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nick L. said:

There are workarounds to ensure the app is working in the meantime, so I suggest to open a ticket with support if possible. 

I opened a ticket a long time ago - haven't got any info from support about a workaround 🤥

If there is a workaround, why not telling about it here!? 🤐 Anyway, I open a new ticket.

• Thanks 1

For me it’s clear, time to say goodbye to Evernote, I lost days of notes. It’s unacceptable, especially if one is paying for the service and these clowns don’t even care to address the tickets raided. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Nick L. said:

I opened a ticket a long time ago - haven't got any info from support about a workaround 🤥

If there is a workaround, why not telling about it here!? 🤐 Anyway, I open a new ticket.

I also opened a ticket & no workaround was offered.  I agree with what Nick said: If there is a solution, why not offer it here.

And why is nobody talking about there being an official roll-back solution to the previous version for Android apps?

• Like 2