Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
kmae

Option to disable the message "You are leaving Evernote." on external links

Idea

Recently, the message "You are leaving Evernote. " is appeared when I access to an other website by a link on notes.  I don't think the message is necessary. It is just annoying. How do I be disable the message function?

• Like 7

I created an account here just to complain about this "feature".. it is as though some product manager at Evernote is gaming the "time on site" metric.  As Evernote keeps ignoring these issues & walls off their application they make me more keen for a replacement every day.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:17 AM, sillylogger said:

I created an account here just to complain about this "feature".. it is as though some product manager at Evernote is gaming the "time on site" metric.  As Evernote keeps ignoring these issues & walls off their application they make me more keen for a replacement every day.

I believe the recent Windows Beta now includes some more friendly (and optional) warnings about various account limits and actions.  While a 'simple' update to fix one message might seem a quick fix that is being willfully delayed,  Evernote apparently had a more detailed overhaul of the user interface in mind which took a little time to design,  test and release.  They're also making some detailed  changes to the web client (which could be good news or bad news!) but probably means it's not cost effective to change the old version at all - any new features will be in the new one...

+1, please remove this from the web version of Evernote

+1. Can't use Evernote until this is removed... not double-clicking on my notes all day long. Doesn't make any sense. 

14 hours ago, Brian Jackson said:

+1. Can't use Evernote until this is removed... not double-clicking on my notes all day long. Doesn't make any sense. 

The Windows client now includes "Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification".  They're busy rewriting the entire web client - recently reissued as a Chrome-only Business version - so updates to the current web version(s) seem unlikely until that rewrite trickles down to the rest of the Evernote versions.

Please give us an option to remove this feature.

It is a serious impediment to workflow especially when you move through tens to hundreds of links a day. Something as small as this will bring your business to its knees when a competitor does what you won't do and by then it will be too late. You cannot be oblivious of all these complaints.

Why is this still a problem 4 years later with Evernote for Web?

This confirmation slows me down and breaks my otherwise smooth workflow. :(

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Joseph Dickson said:

Why is this still a problem 4 years later with Evernote for Web?

This confirmation slows me down and breaks my otherwise smooth workflow. :(

Since I get the same warning from other online services,  I assume it's 'good practice' from some web authority or other.  It's been 4 years since this was introduced,  so it doesn't seem likely that there is going to be a rethink any time soon...

• Sad 1

I found a trick to bypass the alert page.

Right click on a link then select "Open Link in a New Tab" (or Window, Private Window) from the context menu.

image.png.f009f17d9c8e5b7ab522f8ff6cbef83d.png

It requires a few steps but is quicker than navigating the alert page with a mouse / trackpad or hitting Tab several times.

Shortcuts in Windows on Firefox

• "Right click" + "t" + "Enter" will open in a new tab
  • "Right click" + "w" will open in a new window
  • "Right click" + "p" + "Enter" will open in a new private window

Chrome, MacOS and LInux may have slightly different combinations but it could be committed to muscle memory... I suppose.

• Like 1

Completely agree with everyone here, this is a really annoying feature! Please let us skip it...

• Like 1

+1 Will drop my Evernote subscription as my company won't let me install the client on their Work machine - using everyone Web is my only option, and this double click is so annoying and time consuming that I will not use it.

I can't believe the comments on here are so old, and I've stumbled across them trying to find a way to turn it off. The TamperMonkey solution looks OK, but really?? We have to hack the site to make a small change that has had no official response (that I've found so far) in 3 years? Came back to Evernote from Keep due to a yearning for some markup, but really, I'll happily go back... Anyone have a favourite replacement they've migrated to?

Ironically as the original poster of this solution I have since moved on from Evernote (and believe me I’ve tried them all – including Keep). I’ve finally settled on a good compromise in the form of Joplin (https://joplinapp.org/). Joplin is an open source Evernote replacement that does indeed support Markdown.  It doesn’t do everything that Evernote does (for example you can have nested Notebooks but not nested tag hierarchies) however it can be installed or run standalone (off a usb stick etc.), can sync to a simple folder location (I use google drive to sync between computer) and supports client side encryption (so google can’t see what’s inside your notes) – oh and its free 😊

May not work for your individual needs but definitely worth giving it a try.

Rob

• Like 1

Ironically - after many years as a premium user - I have let my premium subscription run out. Like the previous poster, I have moved to the open source Joplin (https://joplinapp.org/).

To sync between computers and android phones and tablets I use https://syncthing.net/.  I have a raspberry pi with an usb running syncthing 24h so i can always sync whatever machine I'm using, wherever I am, without relying on a cloud provider and worrying about privacy.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:21 PM, Harristribe said:

Ironically as the original poster of this solution I have since moved on from Evernote (and believe me I’ve tried them all – including Keep). I’ve finally settled on a good compromise in the form of Joplin (https://joplinapp.org/).

Count me as another Joplin user. The current form is very nice and the web clipper is superb. And versioning is quite nice. I'm not a heavy user of the "to do" list, but have occasionally needed that.

Yes, it does not clip videos, but I've never wanted that.

I sync everything between 2 PCs, an Android tablet and an Android phone. 

Before I settled on Joplin I tried Keep (far tooo basic) Zoho Notebook (awkward and very limited features, and too chatty calling home) and QOwnNotes (too many manual tweaks, slow loading, and no workable sync app).

I haven't touched Evernote in a year now, and have deleted 98% of my Evernote content. I'll probably kill the account soon. The device limit pushed me to the edge along with privacy limitations inherent within Evernote itself.

I still use OneNote as its organizing features are unparalleled... but not so much for web-clipping (which is horrid).