It may be that this deserves a separate top level topic and separate suggestion need separate titles as they are specific, e.g. "Forum suggestion" ... . Also it may be that there should be a way of asking questions ""Forum question" ...
My initial suggestions are:
1) Show the votes up when showing the Titles and also
1.1) allow the user to sort on the most popular titles, e.g. Voted up and on Number of replies.
2) Have evernote respond as possible, to the most popular topics as Will be implemented RSN, Not in the current path, etc. for Popular topics at least.
2.1) allow the uses to select/sort on those that are responded to, or not, by Evernote.
3) Point to an FAQ and User Document of the Forum.
4) In the Evernote app and web put a pointer to the Forum (as Feedback), perhaps as one of the topics under the Account.
5) Allow the user to select on the basis of tags.
What I would like to explore is the possibility for users to commit money to a "Feature Development Staff". my thoughts are still in development, but it would be a way for users to pay for the first year access to a feature that they want but your own development team is not considering as essential to your own general community. I'd suggest that the ideas that
1) You consider reasonable be responded to as having an estimated cost of say "$cost.00" to develop. (with some profit and overrun)
2) Any user could commit to purchase an initial "$user.00" access to this feature for its first year.
3) If it is developed, i.e $cost.00 < total($user.00), then the user would be charged the minimum of: $user.00, or the ratio of $user.00/Total($user.00) for that year. and uncommitted users would be charged some reasonable cost that would be used to subsidize next years Feature Developments.
4) After the first year the feature would be included in the main product as you would have recovered the development costs and the committed users would have have gotten the first years value.
Obviously the benefit of this is that it allows users to express their idea as to what features are in general ,or specifically, of value to them and for you to have the capability to express the cost of these features and to "hire" developers for specific development.