jddixonmd

I've deleted a note accidentally--how do I get it back?

66 posts in this topic

I accidentally deleted a note from my notebook.  Can I get it back?  If so, how?

Look in the Trash

1 person likes this

I'm sure I'm being stupid but:  Evernote trash, or on my computer?

I can't find anything in Evernote that is labeled "trash"--where do I find it?

1 person likes this

Which Evernote client are you using (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, etc.)?

I've just done the same thing and deleted a note by accident. I'm on Evernote for Mac and I don't see a Trash button anywhere. Please help! 

Thanks a lot! Evernote should really consider making the Trash button more conspicuous.

2 people like this

Dear god! I seem to have deleted a note, but only a very old version exists in Trash...please help me someone!!

Hi. All.

If you delete a note and empty the trash, you can still recover chunks of it by hexediting the database file of your local client. This is what I've done on a win8 client database file; to recover partially a note that was oddily chopped.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Hi. All.

If you delete a note and empty the trash, you can still recover chunks of it by hexediting the database file of your local client. This is what I've done on a win8 client database file; to recover partially a note that was oddily chopped.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

I'm not sure what "oddily chopped" is, but this does not appear to be related to the thread.  You seem to be addressing notes that were deleted (in the trash) & then the trash emptied.  I don't see that scenario posted in any of the above posts.

Dear god! I seem to have deleted a note, but only a very old version exists in Trash...please help me someone!!

If only a very old version exists in the trash, it would seem you modified it on a device that did not sync.  Perhaps you can find a more current version on the device you were using.  I would also suggest you use a desktop client (Mac/Windows) so you can keep regular backups.

Thanks so much for the thread - just recovered my first accidentally deleted note!

yes you can get it back easily using any good recovery software like Remo Recover 

I've deleted a note from a shared folder and is not in the Trash (I haven't emptied the Trash folder). Where can I find it and how can I restore ir? thanks! 

Liairol:  if you login through your browser you will see a trash ... I can't see a trash on the client for OSX ....

1 person likes this

In your Evernote click on notebooks in the side bar, scroll to the bottom and there you will see trash. 

slight oddity (bug?) on scrolling down on the mac client under Notebooks tab: i couldn't see Trash until I resized the window and refreshed the tab by clicking twice.  initially, it just stopped at however many notebooks filled the vertical column on the left.

I dont understand this... It seems the note that is critical important to me "disappeared".  I use iPad evernote and Laptop evernote and desktop Evernote....

this note disappeared!!! I looked in trash and its not there....its not emptyied yet. and i dont understand where it went.    That note was already added to shortcut list.... I noticed the disappearnce when i saw it is not on the shortcut list anymore.

I looked in all my device and dont see anywhere at all!!!!!

This desktop started to sort of freezed or slowed down...so I decided to reboot  knowing that evernote is already safe in the cloud and all other device... after rebooted and I upen up the evernote and that note not there anymore.... this is the possibly the worst day of my life..thsi one note VERY VERY Important.

HELP  how do I recover it... is there 'file history' on evernote to recover previous version ?

I dont understand this... It seems the note that is critical important to me "disappeared".  I use iPad evernote and Laptop evernote and desktop Evernote....

this note disappeared!!! I looked in trash and its not there....its not emptyied yet. and i dont understand where it went.    That note was already added to shortcut list.... I noticed the disappearnce when i saw it is not on the shortcut list anymore.

I looked in all my device and dont see anywhere at all!!!!!

This desktop started to sort of freezed or slowed down...so I decided to reboot  knowing that evernote is already safe in the cloud and all other device... after rebooted and I upen up the evernote and that note not there anymore.... this is the possibly the worst day of my life..thsi one note VERY VERY Important.

HELP  how do I recover it... is there 'file history' on evernote to recover previous version ?

If a note is deleted but the trash has not been emptied, the note can be restored from the trash. Once the note is restored, any note history is available as well. (Note history is a premium feature. If you are not premium & need/want access to note history, you can pay $5 for one month of premium & then be able to access the note history.)

If a note is not deleted but rather modified, note history may be the answer.  Note history is only taken once about every eight hours, so any recent changes may not be included.

Notes do not randomly disappear into thin air, so either the note was modified and/or deleted.  It is always (ALWAYS) recommended to have EN Mac or Windows desktop client running on a computer & regularly make backups of that database so you have another option to retrieve important notes. 

When you rebooted when EN was running, that may have corrupted your note.  Rebooting when an app is running can do this & not wise to do unles it's your absolute only option.  Once this change was synced to the EN servers & subsequently to your other devices, it may be the note is not able to be recovered unless you have a Mac or Windows EN client backup.

You could try submitting a support ticket.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

I recently deleted a note that was part of a shared notebook created by a colleague. I just figured that if something goes wrong, I can always fish it out of the trash. It turns out that it never makes it to the trash. It just disappears! Now whenever I Sync, it tells me 'sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side". All my notes do sync though, it's just that that particular note from the shared notebook doesn't ever come back, and I think that's why the error appears. Hopefully Evernote addresses this soon.

I recently deleted a note that was part of a shared notebook created by a colleague. I just figured that if something goes wrong, I can always fish it out of the trash. It turns out that it never makes it to the trash. It just disappears! Now whenever I Sync, it tells me 'sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side". All my notes do sync though, it's just that that particular note from the shared notebook doesn't ever come back, and I think that's why the error appears. Hopefully Evernote addresses this soon.

This may be worth submitting a support ticket about, as either there may be some troubleshooting you can do to resolve the issue, or something Evernote can do on their backend to fix it for you, and it may indicate a broader bug. 

If you delete a Note from a Shared Notebook and the Notebook belongs to someone else, they will have the Note in their trash, not yours.

Basically, if they own the Notebook and you try to get rid of Notes, you cannot do so, they always have the originals in their Trash.

Regards

Chris

3 people like this

post-200563-0-71078300-1399916278_thumb.

click pic ..... i give u trash loction ..where u can restore ur file ...