BrianK

Evernote Plug In for Outlook 2013

Idea

Now that the preview version of Office 2013 has been released, are there plans to make the add-in compatible with it, or are you going to wait until closer to the RTM? I have installed it, but the existing plug-in causes Outlook 2013 to crash and thus gets disabled.

http://www.microsoft...ice&WT.rss_ev=a

1 person likes this

142 replies to this idea

evernote clipper crash outlook 2013 preview at startup then outlook restart with evernote clipper disable and outlook 2013 works fine

post-98819-0-34499300-1342838299_thumb.j

EN has regularly stated they don't support alph/beta apps or OSes since they are a moving target (and therefore require a lot of engineer hours they need to devote to other areas). They also stated they try very hard to make sure they are compatible ASAP once there is a RC.

+1

Also since Microsoft released to the Pulic, its still in Beta but I'm assuming the code releases won't be too drastic from what they have exposed already, therefore is there a timetable for a beta release of a Office 2013 add-in.

Evernote has been supporting the beta releases of Windows 8 for quite some time.

Evernote has been supporting the beta releases of Windows 8 for quite some time.

Regarding Win8, I would say we're in line with what BnF stated earlier. We had a very minimal app until the OS hit RTM. And even still it is a "Preview" app that acts more like a beta than a fully supported app

Since Win8 is official for Enterprise customers and hitting the public in a few weeks I’m assuming you guys would be onboard with having functionality available by launch, that being said are there any plans to devote efforts to the next line of MSFT and other products, such as Office 2013, even though it’s in Beta, Public release it should be released early next year…

any update on this? I'm trying out Office 365 and the 2013 Preview. Evernote crashes outlook :(

any update on this? I'm trying out Office 365 and the 2013 Preview. Evernote crashes outlook :(

Nothing to announce, sorry. It is on our list

+1

I'm running the RTM version from MSDN and Outlook crashes if the Evernote Add-In is enabled. Is Evernote working on a version which will be compatible with the RTM/Release version of Office?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE

Application Version: 15.0.4420.1017

Application Timestamp: 506742d6

Fault Module Name: EvernoteOL.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.5.10.7472

Fault Module Timestamp: 508b0de0

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000038a64

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

skulcid: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Know it is definitely not the same functionality, but I am simply forwarding to my evernote email address until this feature is up and running. Sure everyone has already considered, but just in case.

I am having the same issue with the RTM version that is now available through MSDN and Microsoft Action Pack. When will a new add-in be available?

Running Office 2013 x64, and having the same issue as everyone else here.

I installed the Preview version of Office 2013. The Outlook plug-in keeps crashing and apparently is not compatible.I went back to Office 2010. When will you have a compatible Outlook 2013-shortly to be released-plugin?

EN does not support beta software. They do try to release updates ASAP after the OS/app/browser is released but generally do not publish ETAs.

Yes. I have installed the RTM final version and the Evernote plugin still crashes.